Has anyone lost weight by walking?

Options

Replies

• SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bumping puts a topic at the top of your My Topics, so you can find it easy. Not entirely sure why people are bumping and replying to a 2 year old thread though.

Thanks
  • amandastephens9003
    amandastephens9003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE walking! I go everyday! (except sundays, thats house-cleaning day lol) I strap the little one in her storller with a hat, sunblock and some toys, and we hit the pavement! I walk for about 30 min, and LO loves it too! :) I've lost 11 pounds from walking and eating less XD YAY for walkers!!!
  • garymccall
    garymccall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have been walking as my regular exercise for the past 10weeks. I log and always make sure i have a calories deficit. Did not know what dhow this worked at first but now understand.

Have lost 14kg in this time and now much more comfortable with myself to tackle the gym for weights etc to start the long slog to toning things up.
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs over the summer by just walking. I was walking about 3-5 miles 5 times a week with my dog. He and I both loved it!! :)
  • guzmanjolynn
    Options
    I've been doing Leslie Sansone Walking dvds...It's really low impact aerobics, but I have definitely starting noticing that I am slimming down...clothes fit better! Her dvds are at Target and are usually about $13.00 each. They are really easy on the joints too. I haven't worked out regularly in a long time and was worried about being sore...but I haven't had a problem so far. I've been doing about 30-40 minutes every other day for about two and a half weeks.

i did these videos i found them on youtube and their great for stay at home moms im going to incorporate this into my workouts every day!! thank you for your input!!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Ater my first baby, I lost 25 pounds with the help of pushing a stroller around the park and using Leslie Sansone videos at home. It works. It just has to be combined with a regulated diet.
  • clarebear230786
    clarebear230786 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to feel I was cheating myself if i walked instead of going to the gym, now I walk more than going to the gym and I feel brilliant! I have problems with my knees so I kept going hard in the gym then would end up injured and having to rest and it was so frustrating! now I do a gym session twice a week including some weights and HIIT and the rest of the week is walking in my dinner hour. I break it up into 2, 30 min walks, so far so good :)
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Good for your mind too!! When the weather gets better here I will be out walking! I would try to take the same route / time it / try to beat my time next time!!

It's easy and the kids can join in too which is nice!

Good luck!!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I find walking for 45 minutes at 4mph (brisk) burns as many calories as a 6mph run for 30 minutes. 15 minutes longer but without the trauma to the joints - sounds like a result to me.

- yes, I lose a steady 1lb per week when I'm walking most days for around 60 minutes and you can break that into two 30 minute walks easily and get the same results. My walk to work and back is 30 minutes so I exercise without having to put exercise time aside as I'm doing it anyway.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Can't stress enough how great walking is for weight loss.
    Most people don't realize how little they actually move around day to day, and incorporating a separate time each day (or a few times a week) for walking really has a lot of benefits.

I've found that compared to my other exercises (running/spin/zumba), walking is the best de-stressing option. It gives me time each day to reflect on my life or just not think at all. Walking isn't the /best/ cardio for calories per minute burned but its a heck of a lot better than doing nothing!

The only reason I am able to do all the other exercising I do now is because I started out walking.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Walking is awesome!!!!
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i lost 4 stone in 2 months walking at least 2 hours straight every day... im trying to build up to walking that distance again atm.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I try to walk on average of 6 miles per day. That's just me--I want to walk 2014 miles in 2014. Right now, it's my only form of exercise. It's not necessarily to lose weight, but it does keep me from putting it back on. While I'm walking is when I have creative thoughts and when I sort out my issues from the day.
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Walking is my main exercise (as well as some fitball yoga, resistance training or Tai Chi at home) ... I have a permanent ankle injury as well as a cranky back so high impact is out for me anyway

It's great, it works, and it's easy on the joints.

In case you're wondering, my ticker and profile pic show it all (I started March 2013) :)
  • ralphkick
    Options
    I have been using Myfitnesspal and walking to lose weight. I have been walking as much as 8 miles at about 3.6 to 3.8 mph. I have been losing an average of 4 lbs per week. After 9 weeks I have lost 36 lbs.
  • Pinkladychick
    Pinkladychick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I lost a large majority of 45 lbs by just walking. Took about 4-5 months but it worked. Using a pedometer nd setting "step goals" definitely helped a ton!
  • beltrone
    beltrone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also lost 16KG by just walking in approx 6 weeks. I was way overweight almost obese. Fat just melted. Now weight drop rate has decreased a lot, that's why I have joined Gym and lifting weights to speed up process and toning body.

Walking will give you following benefits -
    Better brain memory
    Better Skin, Nail, Hair
    Butt Lift, Rounder shape
    Gets rid of toxins
    Weight Loss
  • SportSpork
    Options
    I walk back in forth with a distance from 6 ft to 40 ft in my home without a treadmill. I lost 16 pounds and I lose weight fast since i am so big/ and a male. I drink lots of water but I get it all out of my system quickly.
  • SportSpork
    Options
    I have been using Myfitnesspal and walking to lose weight. I have been walking as much as 8 miles at about 3.6 to 3.8 mph. I have been losing an average of 4 lbs per week. After 9 weeks I have lost 36 lbs.
    that's great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!