What's the strangest thing that keeps you motivated?

Options

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Wanting my husband and kids to be proud to call me their beautiful mommy and sexy wife!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for starting this topic - Such awesome examples of motivation! I needed to hear these today.
    Right now I think the thing that is keeping me the most motivated is the before picture I took of myself four days ago..... With any luck...that won't be the case soon!

I finally took my "before" picture 2 weeks ago. I want to show it off someday with my AFTER pic!

AND I'm going to start this one tonight...

[img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll314/feelingfroggy13/Going going gone/2012-05-05_09-56-31_286.jpg[/img]

GREAT IDEA!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I want that 13.1 sticker on the back of my car for running a half marathon! I'm really just in it for the sticker :)
    Me too...:drinker:

Ah. I just threw mine in the trash. I could have sent it to you and saved you the hassle. LOL.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The jeans idea is BRILLIANT!

Mine is odd. It's the guy (Skip?) on the Chalean Extreme DVDs. He freaks me out with his weird hollers and comments, but he's also the only guy in the Push month (heavy lifting). My goal is to outlift him on every exercise - and I'm not even doing the program anymore! But I will find him on those exercises when I'm doing a different rotation and make sure I beat him. So far, I'm outlifting him on about 5 exercises. :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I want that 13.1 sticker on the back of my car for running a half marathon! I'm really just in it for the sticker :)

That motivated me also!! I finally got one but now I want 26.2 :) HEE HEE
  • sam2674
    sam2674 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bigger people that I know personally, they keep me motivated because I know I never want to look or live like that.

THIS ^^
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for starting this topic - Such awesome examples of motivation! I needed to hear these today.
    Right now I think the thing that is keeping me the most motivated is the before picture I took of myself four days ago..... With any luck...that won't be the case soon!

I finally took my "before" picture 2 weeks ago. I want to show it off someday with my AFTER pic!

AND I'm going to start this one tonight...

[img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll314/feelingfroggy13/Going going gone/2012-05-05_09-56-31_286.jpg[/img]

GREAT IDEA!

Thank you! Once I posted this photo...I decided to go and try on my last pair of jeans in the 220-215lb pile...and they fit!!! I love hitting these milestones and getting to 'shop' in my closet for clothes that have not seen daylight in many many years :)
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Weighing less than my husband! 5 lbs to go!!!!

and my thighs not rubbing together (c;mon, you know that hurts!)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    On Sat. it's Joe Rogan's podcast, love him he's a genius.
  • pmz212
    pmz212 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just simply knowing I'm taking care of myself is super motivating to me. It's so easy to let go of that as life gets more hectic, but taking care of yourself is super important to be better able to take care of everything else.
  • starzluv94
    starzluv94 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Recently had to buy new scrubs for work. Stores do not carry my size, so I had to order them online. When I finally got them I got them too big. So now I walk around wear way too large potato sacks. I want to be able to buy new scurbs that fit. It keeps me going near the end of my workouts.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    My husband & I are doing a Mud Run in August and I don't want to be in last place LOL!
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Imagining myself in a bikini and having to walk in front of lots of people... This image always keeps my goals in check
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds...his abs are like cobble stones....
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Fat people at the gym. That sounds mean but hear me out.

When I see really big people at the gym - doing ANYthing, doesn't matter what - i think If THEY can do it so can I.

A guy entered the gym in front of me yesterday and I wanted to tell him He is my Hero. He was at least 350 (that's being nice) and he strolled in changed clothes and hit the treadmill. I didn't really see him after that but GO HIM! Despite all the fear he must have had and all the judgmental people giving him "the look" he did his thing and he's way better than I am!

So, Big people at the gym, YOU GUYS are my HERO! And you encourage me and motivate me to keep pushing through! Thank you!
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser and I used to be fat TV shows :)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Watching "The Deadliest Catch" and how hard the guys work, usually sleeping just 3 hours for every 48 hour period... if they can work like that, so can I to achieve my goals.

that is a truly odd thing to notice. but i like your eye for detail.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So, Big people at the gym, YOU GUYS are my HERO! And you encourage me and motivate me to keep pushing through! Thank you!
    [/quote]

Thats what I say.!
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A pair of Jeans I bought from Mango (I could never shop there before)....I am in a UK size 16 and bought a UK size 16 in Mango.

HUGE MISTAKE - they don't even go up my legs!

But the label says Size 16 and now I am determind to get into them!!!!!!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Right now, extended family. My cousin's gf who sees me every so often and knows me pretty good, she's an inspiration to not be fat. And currently, a gf from HS who wants to meet up for drinks/dancing so yeah!! Good motivators!