What's the strangest thing that keeps you motivated?

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I want to look really good so my ex's girlfriends are like, "Damn, you left that?"

Ha, ha. True story.
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here's another one of mine...they stare me in the face every time I go to get dressed. I am wearing some of these from this photo now :)

[img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll314/feelingfroggy13/Going going gone/2012-05-05_09-56-31_286.jpg[/img]

I should be able to fit into my "You Did It Jeans" at around 180-175lbs. They are a size 11. In fact...I am looking forward to the day that this pair of jeans are my new 'fat jeans'!!!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've got two of them:

The first one is my nickname in the Highland games circuit - Kung Fu Panda. I don't mind the name, but I don't want to look like a panda.

The second is my friends on another forum. They read about my exploits and look up to me, even asking me advice on getting stronger and such. Then I look at pictures of myself, and think "I shouldn't be giving advice, if I look like this." So I want to be a good role model.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Matthew McConaughey in Magic Mike, God I would like to break the law with that one.
  • freerangehuman
    freerangehuman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want that 13.1 sticker on the back of my car for running a half marathon! I'm really just in it for the sticker :)
    Me too...:drinker:
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I want my kids to be proud of their mom, and not embarrassed by how I look.
  • nosleepinBrooklyn
    nosleepinBrooklyn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My trip in October to Texas to see my friend. She got healthy and is such an inspiration to me.
  • olivia_sweeetie
    Options
    My motivation would have to be my family. Everyones gotten bigger as they've aged, and I'm determined NOT to be like that. I'll take their critizim anyday than to grow up to be anything like them.
  • msmariebrown
    Options
    One of my fave shows is " I Shouldn't Be Alive". I always remind myself that those people survived for a week or more on no food, so it won't kill me to give up a few goodies.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    "Somebody that I used to know" lol. Also, my sister is big and I am built just like her. I never want to be as big as she is =\. I feel guilty saying that because she's a great person =). Also pictures... My mom and her husband are big on family photos... I hate looking like a fat albino turtle in every damn shot haha.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Sex and looking in the mirror, I dont want to go back to what I was like a couple of years ago: fat and ugly, now i'm just ugly!!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I want that 13.1 sticker on the back of my car for running a half marathon! I'm really just in it for the sticker :)

THIS!! And I want a 26.2 sticker too :) I WILL get them both. Believe that!
  • engodwin
    Options
    My cellulite I just want it gone :)

DITTO!
  • engodwin
    Options
    I am motivated by health and and fitness and living longer and stuff but there are two things that MAKE me exercise and stick to calorie goals when I don't want to, and they have nothing to do with my health!

1. BOOTS! I want to wear crazy high heel knee high boots.
    2. Tattoos. I already have lots but I want a whole giant back piece and I want a nice flat back to put it on. I'm saving my back for when I'm at goal plus a year of maitenance.

I love sexy boots!!! And my back piece is my reward - when I get there. :)
  • engodwin
    Options
    Some jerk who made a rude comment about me in a bar. Everytime I workout or lose an lb, I picture punching him in the face. It works for me!

HAHAHAHA Love it!
  • engodwin
    Options
    I have a paper chain (yes, like the kind you made in kindergarten to count down the days until Christmas) and there is a link for every pound down to my first major goal of 200lbs. Every 10lbs the color changes, and the last 10 are red (b/c they are the tougher ones). I only take links off on Sundays, and it is strangely fulfilling and motivating seeing the links slowly come off.

OOooh! I like this one! :)

wow that is a good idea!

BRILLIANT!
  • engodwin
    Options
    Being comfortable enough in my skin to sexy photos taken. And by sexy I mean naked.

YES! I WILL do this for my future hubby! It will be his wedding present! Period.
  • engodwin
    Options
    I know this may sound messed up, but it kept me going during my leg workout today. This was my mantra (and again, it just kinda popped in my head... oops):

"Must look better than the bride in my bridesmaid dress"

I'm a bridesmaid (for the first time!) in one of my best friend's wedding this October. I wanna look CUT!!

Oooooh this is EVIL!!! I like it....mwauhahahaha!

This is def NOT evil!!! This is AWESOMENESS
  • engodwin
    Options
    Here's another one of mine...they stare me in the face every time I go to get dressed. I am wearing some of these from this photo now :)

[img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll314/feelingfroggy13/Going going gone/2012-05-05_09-56-31_286.jpg[/img]

I should be able to fit into my "You Did It Jeans" at around 180-175lbs. They are a size 11. In fact...I am looking forward to the day that this pair of jeans are my new 'fat jeans'!!!

GREAT Idea!
  • engodwin
    Options
    Matthew McConaughey in Magic Mike, God I would like to break the law with that one.

YESSSSSSSS