for anyone considering the Couch to 5K...

Options

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I agree too - Great post. I've just recently come to notice the camaraderie too. I do see many of the same people out in my neighborhood. We are all out to do the same thing, Be Healthy!!! No matter what our level or ability, it is fun to be part of the "club"

You are all doing GREAT!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Excellent post Amy. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

I second that!!

MommaRed- You are doing great too! You guys are gonna be a kick *kitten* Momma/daughter team at that 5k!:wink:

Thank you. I'm hoping I can make it that far. :laugh: I'm still in awe that I've actually made it as far as I have. Amy's hubby is running with us so maybe we can all three run the 5K together. That would be so amazing.
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    well whatever happens at the 5k I can't let my husband beat me... I have a reputation to protect. :laugh:
  • mommared53
    Options
    Yes you do. :laugh:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    OK done. Whew tonight was tough but I made it through. I got a sharp pain in my side during my first run and I really had to push through every run after that. Anyone know what that pain was about?

On a happier note- Tonight was my weigh in and I lost 4 pounds this week. Yay!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I also bought a tape measure and I am going to take measurements tomorrow.

After tonight I am a little nervous about moving on to week 2 but I can do it. I just need to have faith in myself.

I don't know how some of you are running 20+ minutes at a time :noway:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Where the hell is my ticker?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edit- Oh there it is :blushing:
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    I know I'm not supposed to, but I think I'm going to run again today and count it as my day 3. I did my day 1 Mon and didn't do anything until Friday, so I'm thinking I'm going to do my day 3 run today and FINALLY finish week 2! I'm so nervous about moving on to Week 3. :ohwell:

Oh and I'm really trying to stick with it so I can run the Princess Marathon at Disney!
  • amylynne26
    Options
    go Loren and Lauren!! :flowerforyou:

you ladies rock! I'm starting week 7 in about 20 minutes....
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Loren- Disney World or Disney Land?
    I am trying for the 5k at Disney World. I am sure I will be great by January. My Mom and her boyfriend ran the princess marathon last year. He refused to wear the pink shirt. I told him that only real men can wear pink.:laugh:

Amylynne- Whoo hoo! Let us know how it goes!!!
  • amylynne26
    Options
    I did it! Another 25 minute run (which I did at the end of wk 6 also). I must have been running slower because I didn't go QUITE as far as I did Thursday... no matter I didn't stop! :happy:

I do desperately need to invest in some new shoes though... I think I could up my speed a bit if I had a little more cushioning! I tried on a pair of New Balance a couple of days ago that felt pretty good... anyone else have any fave shoes?
  • loren
    Options
    Loren- Disney World or Disney Land?
    I am trying for the 5k at Disney World. I am sure I will be great by January. My Mom and her boyfriend ran the princess marathon last year. He refused to wear the pink shirt. I told him that only real men can wear pink.:laugh:

Amylynne- Whoo hoo! Let us know how it goes!!!

Disney World! I love going so this will be a good excuse for me to go!
  • loren
    Options
    I did it! Another 25 minute run (which I did at the end of wk 6 also). I must have been running slower because I didn't go QUITE as far as I did Thursday... no matter I didn't stop! :happy:

I do desperately need to invest in some new shoes though... I think I could up my speed a bit if I had a little more cushioning! I tried on a pair of New Balance a couple of days ago that felt pretty good... anyone else have any fave shoes?

My aunts ran a half marathon last year and they were told to a running shoe store and get fitted for the correct shoe for their feet. Maybe you could call around to some sporting good stores and ask if they do that.
  • loren
    Options
    I did my last day of Week 2. I'm going to walk/run the bridge tomorrow with hubby. It's a little under 3.5 miles... We'll see how it goes!
  • mommared53
    Options
    I did w3d3 this morning. YIPPPPPEEEEE!!! I'm telling you this running stuff is so addictive! I was so excited and just laughing all the way because I was so happy. People that saw me probably thought I had lost my mind! :laugh: I don't care I was praising God all the while. I just can't believe I'm doing this. When I finished my run I actually started on week 4. Ran the first 3 minute run and the first walk then started on the first 5 minute run. Got about 2 minutes into that and arrived back at our starting point so I stopped. Amy said "Why are you still running?" :laugh: So I told her what I had done. Can't wait to start week 4 next Tuesday. :happy:

Good job everyone. Keep on running. We can do this! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    mommared - How exciting you are doing great!!!

I finished my last day of week 4 yesterday. I agree, it is really addicting, I look forward to my runs now, never thought I would say that!!! I'm excited to start week 5 on Monday. Like you, I kind of wanted to see how I would do with that, so last night, after I finished the week 4 run, I started running as far as I felt I could, ended up being 7.5 minutes I'm sure I'll be able to do the 8 minutes runs in week 5 now. I just love the feeling!!!
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    M2KJenn and MommaRed-

I was actually dreading my run tonight until I read your posts.

Thanks for the motivation girls!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Week 2 here I come
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm sssoooo excited about starting this. I'm actually starting everything tomorrow... Couch to 5K... logging exercise... logging foods. It should be interesting!!

I've never been on a journey to lose weight. When I starting gaining, I just said "oh well". I've always tried to eat healthy, but I just don't get enough exercise.
  • m2kjenn
    Options
    M2KJenn and MommaRed-

I was actually dreading my run tonight until I read your posts.

Thanks for the motivation girls!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Week 2 here I come

You will do great. I was like that the first couple of weeks too, it seemed like such a chore, now I can't wait to get out there. Go for it!!!
  • amylynne26
    Options
    mommared - How exciting you are doing great!!!

I finished my last day of week 4 yesterday. I agree, it is really addicting, I look forward to my runs now, never thought I would say that!!! I'm excited to start week 5 on Monday. Like you, I kind of wanted to see how I would do with that, so last night, after I finished the week 4 run, I started running as far as I felt I could, ended up being 7.5 minutes I'm sure I'll be able to do the 8 minutes runs in week 5 now. I just love the feeling!!!

Go Jenn! :smile:

when I hit week 5 that's when I REALLY started feeling like a runner, and this was something I could do long term, not just until I hit my goal weight.

Congrats to all of us and welcome to those just getting started!!!! Keep up the good work!

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • loren
    Options
    I start week 3 tomorrow and I'm SO nervous about the 3 minute run. I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I am eager to find out!