BLACK TEAM!!

Options

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I almost hit a "give up" point a couple of days ago because I got a little discouraged. But I thought, "No Jeannie! You cannot give up!" and I picked myself back up and got back on track. The reason I've always failed in the past is because I have given up. Not this time. I'm stronger than ever now. And yes, I still always atleast go for my morning walk even if I dont feel up to par.
    I would really really like to get to know you all so well but I kinda feel like an outsider lol. I'll be checking in and trying to keep up. You all have such busy lives haha.
    :glasses:

We've all been there...but that's why we keep coming back. We have each other!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Hey team. We are in Orlando, got here today. Renting a fabulous house, the owner has been awesome, would recommend it, highly.

Off to Magic Kindgom tomorrow, I'll get lots of walking in!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Jeannie2 - My name is Lori. I'm 27. My husband is Dave ("technically" a black team member though he doesn't post and no longer weighs in :wink: ) Our daughter Harley is 12 1/2 months and I'm a stay-at-home mom. See, now you know me. :bigsmile:

I was planning on working out today when Harley took her morning nap. But she is getting molars and we were up about every half hour from midnight-2:30am and then again at 5am. So I napped when she napped which wasn't even an hour. :grumble:

Then today Harley and I went over to help my mom take my grandparents to get their flu shots. Pa is 88 and now only weighs like 125 pounds and Ma is 85 and had a stroke 5 years ago. They live with my mom and I swear she is a saint. The pharmacy is only a couple miles away but from my mom's to the pharmacy back to my mom's took over an hour and a half. It's like taking your kids with you but you can't just toss them over your shoulder and go. :huh: :laugh:

Dave was gone for several days of training for work and we took a 20 minute bike ride tonight. We would've done longer but Harley was not a fan of her helmet and we were not a fan of her screaming her head off as we rode down the road. :huh:

We're gonna try to go for a hike tomorrow. Trees are starting to turn which means the depressing season called winter is not far away. So we need to enjoy the nice weather while we have it.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jeannie2-- I'm the resident gabby whackjob--

My motto is below-- snap out of it-- when you're feeling like quitting, I'm always good to knock you upside the head.

There are no outsiders here. Jump on in the fray-- I'm 45, mother of 9, homeschooling, dirt poor--

that about sums it up-- ha.

Heading to run, peeps-- :heart: :heart:

later!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Well, Jeannie2...I guess I didn't tell you anything about myself, so here goes.

My name is Shuntae and I'm 29...live in Maryland with my wonderful BF and our fur-baby. No kids yet.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Jeannie2- I'm samantha, a stay at home mom of 2 fab girls (madison and Ava)

Live in Sunny Florida :grumble: and can't wait for the weather to get colder.:bigsmile:

I like to kick butt and do it a lot here!!:wink: (not lately though will be back soon)

Lori have fun in orlando. Wish we could meet up we are only about 1.5 hours away.

Lori at least Harley has teeth. Ava is 14 months old in 3 days and she only has 4 teeth.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good evening Team! Another dragging day at work today. 12 1/2 hours seems like forever when you don't have any good work. But I have tomorrow to work, Sunday off, then work again Monday-Wednesday and then have my 4 days off. I had only one bottle of water today and a diet cherry dr pepper but I didn't have any regular soft drinks. That is 2 days without a regular drink. Not too bad but yes I do know I should drink more water.

Jeannie 2-Don't feel left out. Jump right on in and start gabbing with the rest of us. They never make anyone feel out of place. They welcome everyone with open arms.

Marla is the "MOM" of the Team! She tells us like it is and slaps us around when we need and makes us "snap" out of it! LOL!! She's the bestest! Everyone else on here is also the bestest teammates and friends ever! They sure will keep you going and make you feel good even when you don't wanna feel good. They have some inspirational stories and will say anything to make you laugh and have a good day!

I am 32 years old and have a 5 year old daughter with ADHD. I currently live with my parents because my mom was laid off the week after Christmas and my dad's job is due to end anytime. They wanted some help and since we were renting a house it was easy for us to come help them out. I am divorced but my hubby and I got back together shortly there after so I do still call him hubby but we haven't remarried as of yet. We have 2 cocker spaniels and 1 cat. So now you know a little bit about me too!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Everyone I did really good today went to the gym and workout kicked my behind...

Then was starving choose to go to cici's pizza ( pizza buffet) then off to dairy queen ordered a brownie blizzard ate about 1/3 of it threw it away and me and family came home and all played rock band together...

Turned in my paperwork for ymca today I am excited about that..

Well my son and I are gonna head out for a 5 mile run in the morning.

Off to bed its 9:30 and I am beat!!!

Have a great weekend my fabulous black team!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    My friends-- I had Chinese food 3 nights ago-- and am still blown up like Michelin Man-- every cell in my body has decided to cling to every last drop of water-- I feel like total, total crapola--

In addition, the lovely psoriatic arthritis has produced a lovely phenomena known as "sausage toes." My second toe is as wide as my big toe presently and hurts like hell. The joint at the base of the toe is so swollen, it feels as though I'm walking on a marble.

And yet, MY FRIENDS, I freakin' BEASTED a three mile run this evening.

Feeling my pain-tolerance window closing, I popped a couple more advil about 20 minutes before I left, and sucked it up. That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.

I wanted to weep having conquered yet another battle-- each trial we overcome makes us stronger. I'm stronger today than yesterday-- praise God--

So, YOU WILL NOT QUIT, my friends-- if this haggard, old crow can conquer her demons and persevere through her physical thorns in her flesh, than you young punks can-- doggone it all!

Bless you all-- your love and encouragement motivates me through every step. Knowing I can come here after my run, endure the discomfort and come here to share it with you in hopes that it can motivate you, motivates me to keep on keepin' on--

you all positively rock.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Nytol-- :smooched:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Marla, you are an inspiration. Seriously. You are one of the strongest women I know in so many ways. Thanks for sharing with us, you make me strive to want to be more.

I'm up too early, but at least it's not the middle of the night. Gettting ready for this trip exhausted me. All week I was waking up in the middle of the night thinking of what I needed to do or what I forgot to gather and then couldn't go back to sleep. So, yes I'm up at 5 AM, but it's better than 2 or 3!

All this flu stuff has had me worried that it would affect our vacation. Who wants to be sitting home with a sick kid while the rest of the family is off having fun at parks? The family keeping our dog, their daughter was sick when we dropped him off yesterday, fever and throwing up. (Found out later it was a UTI.) DH and I wouldn't let the kids out of the car and we both germ x'ed ourselves to death the second we left the house where we stood in the foyer and only touched the doorknob to run out! . :laugh:

Now today, a good friend of my youngest just said her middle son was truly diagnosed with H1N1. Alex spent last weekend at their house. Hopefully that was before he was exposed and contagious.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we avoid it while here. I'm not stressed over it, it is the flu, just in another form, like we will see happen for the rest of our lives. I just don't want to experience it this week! That's all I'm saying!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I would really really like to get to know you all so well but I kinda feel like an outsider lol. I'll be checking in and trying to keep up. You all have such busy lives haha.
    :glasses:

there are NO outsiders here.............I am Jeannie..........so right off the bat you know I am cool as hell because I know how to spell Jeannie correctly, right??:wink::laugh:

I have been told I am a positive force on the boards, but I am just so proud of what MFP is accomplishing in it's community. I am 48 with three grown kids, of which 2 of which still live here (:grumble: ) No only kidding, I love them and my daughter is in LPN school. I have lost 33 pounds over a 1.5 yr period. Well let's say I have lost my 30 pounds in 6 months, and have maintained my weight, plus lose a few, since.

I have a neck injury that made me feel my life was over. I couldnt do the things I loved to do like sweep the living room:laugh: Ok, no.......like dig my garden and lay pavers or move the couch.

I went to a PT after 2 yrs of this and she told me if I made my muscles stronger, I would be able to live a normal life with a few modifications.

1 year later I feel strong and healthy!! I go to the gym or work out 4 x a week and am getting ready to dig that dang garden this year!

Welcome.......jump right in and comment on our silliness or ask a question......it is like a rowdy family-if we dont hear ya the first time, YELL IT!! :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Marla, you are an inspiration. Seriously. You are one of the strongest women I know in so many ways. Thanks for sharing with us, you make me strive to want to be more.

I'm up too early, but at least it's not the middle of the night. Gettting ready for this trip exhausted me. All week I was waking up in the middle of the night thinking of what I needed to do or what I forgot to gather and then couldn't go back to sleep. So, yes I'm up at 5 AM, but it's better than 2 or 3!

All this flu stuff has had me worried that it would affect our vacation. Who wants to be sitting home with a sick kid while the rest of the family is off having fun at parks? The family keeping our dog, their daughter was sick when we dropped him off yesterday, fever and throwing up. (Found out later it was a UTI.) DH and I wouldn't let the kids out of the car and we both germ x'ed ourselves to death the second we left the house where we stood in the foyer and only touched the doorknob to run out! . :laugh:

Now today, a good friend of my youngest just said her middle son was truly diagnosed with H1N1. Alex spent last weekend at their house. Hopefully that was before he was exposed and contagious.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we avoid it while here. I'm not stressed over it, it is the flu, just in another form, like we will see happen for the rest of our lives. I just don't want to experience it this week! That's all I'm saying!

I pray all the family remains healthy and happy! All smiles all week! :flowerforyou:

AND when that hot dog........or snowcone...........or pretzel is calling your name as you walk thru the park that pumps the smell of those things into the air (knew someone that worked there and they DO that:huh: ) You will think of MY face or :angry: and NOT eat those things..............grab an apple or carrot!
    Have fun my friend:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My friends-- I had Chinese food 3 nights ago-- and am still blown up like Michelin Man-- every cell in my body has decided to cling to every last drop of water-- I feel like total, total crapola--

In addition, the lovely psoriatic arthritis has produced a lovely phenomena known as "sausage toes." My second toe is as wide as my big toe presently and hurts like hell. The joint at the base of the toe is so swollen, it feels as though I'm walking on a marble.

Feeling my pain-tolerance window closing, I popped a couple more advil about 20 minutes before I left, and sucked it up. That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.

I wanted to weep having conquered yet another battle-- each trial we overcome makes us stronger. I'm stronger today than yesterday-- praise God--

So, YOU WILL NOT QUIT, my friends-- if this haggard, old crow can conquer her demons and persevere through her physical thorns in her flesh, than you young punks can-- doggone it all!

Bless you all-- your love and encouragement motivates me through every step. Knowing I can come here after my run, endure the discomfort and come here to share it with you in hopes that it can motivate you, motivates me to keep on keepin' on--

you all positively rock.

owie Marla. I get a little bit of swelling but not that much. Goodness, your body reacts horribly to food. WOndering if the Chinese food had MSG and that could get yoru PA going?? Sometimes the stuff in food will do that, right?

I pray it is better today:flowerforyou:
  • familygirl37167
    Options

Marla, I am sorry that you are hurting so bad right now, but you give me the motivation to get out anf go running even though I am so tired. Thanks a bunch MOM!!!

Jeannie2- My dear beloved sister in law, you can do this promise, if I can do it you can also.

Lori- enjoy the park, and hopefully no one will get sick...keeping our fingers crossed.

Renea- you are such a great person to help your mom and dad out like, I dont think that I would make it if I lived my with mom and stepdad, I mean I love them to death, but enjoy my own space thats why I live an hour away from them, I can see them when I want to... But your fabulous for helping them out..props to you!!!

Well off to eating my oatmeal then going with a friend to get her hair done, so her stylist can see me and suggest something different for my hair, I am a different person now need a different hair style have had the same style for like 8 years..

you all positively rock.

owie Marla. I get a little bit of swelling but not that much. Goodness, your body reacts horribly to food. WOndering if the Chinese food had MSG and that could get yoru PA going?? Sometimes the stuff in food will do that, right?

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!

I started using exercise tv this am and did 3 ab workouts. 45 minutes later I can hardly stand up but, something needs to be done with jelly belly!!

I had 1.5 slices of french toast and 2 eggs for breakfast. I am starting to get bored with eggs. I need to look up new ideas for breakfast.

now everyone is sick. hubs started not feeling so well this AM. great!!! I still feel alright but I have a sore throat and a cough and a man voice. hahaha

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Ok everyone just got my hair done, I am really excited, I started crying when they lady was getting ready to cut it, but I think it looks cute. Hope everyone likes it.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ok everyone just got my hair done, I am really excited, I started crying when they lady was getting ready to cut it, but I think it looks cute. Hope everyone likes it.

Tamara-- it's adorable. I flipped through all your pictures-- it's a whole new you-- you look happier, healthier and younger-- God bless you!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

OMG you look HOT girl!!!!!!!! WOW!! Great cut!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Morning all!!

I started using exercise tv this am and did 3 ab workouts. 45 minutes later I can hardly stand up but, something needs to be done with jelly belly!!

I had 1.5 slices of french toast and 2 eggs for breakfast. I am starting to get bored with eggs. I need to look up new ideas for breakfast.

now everyone is sick. hubs started not feeling so well this AM. great!!! I still feel alright but I have a sore throat and a cough and a man voice. hahaha

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

lol.........honey.......please roll momma a bottle of water...........please......:drinker:
  • familygirl37167
    Options

you all positively rock.

Marla, I am sorry that you are hurting so bad right now, but you give me the motivation to get out anf go running even though I am so tired. Thanks a bunch MOM!!!

Jeannie2- My dear beloved sister in law, you can do this promise, if I can do it you can also.

Lori- enjoy the park, and hopefully no one will get sick...keeping our fingers crossed.

Renea- you are such a great person to help your mom and dad out like, I dont think that I would make it if I lived my with mom and stepdad, I mean I love them to death, but enjoy my own space thats why I live an hour away from them, I can see them when I want to... But your fabulous for helping them out..props to you!!!

Well off to eating my oatmeal then going with a friend to get her hair done, so her stylist can see me and suggest something different for my hair, I am a different person now need a different hair style have had the same style for like 8 years..

ok so I guess I forgot how to post I posted this earlier but did it wrong so I am guessing no one read it. So lets try this again