BLACK TEAM!!

1192021222325»

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Ok everyone just got my hair done, I am really excited, I started crying when they lady was getting ready to cut it, but I think it looks cute. Hope everyone likes it.

You look wonderful! Love the new hair!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Happy Saturday Black Team!

Marla-Way to push through the pain. If I am ever in a Bar fight I know who I want on my side.

Lori- Have fun in Orlando! Is it me or are you always on vacation. lol

Renae- Your a bestest team mate ever too! We love having you around!

Tamara-Your hair cut is great! To quote Billy Crystal "youuu look marvelous".

Sam- I would love to give you great breakfast ideas but I eat boring crap. However DW takes peperidge farm whole grain deli thin (100 calories) toasts it and then scrambles one egg (70 calories) half a slice of land o' lakes naturally slender cheese (45 calories) and half a jimmy dean turkey sausage patty (30) calories. Serve egg scramble on deli flat and you have a super yummy breakfast sandwich for 245 cals. I know..I know...It's more egg but it is SOOOOO friggin good. Way better than anything at those fast food joints and way less cals and sodium.

Jeannie2- Hey there, I'm Andrew (AKA Batman) and I am the black teams official boy. Not many of us guys on MFP but I am proud to represent Male kind. My DW Beth is also a black team member and has lost over 50 pounds (I'm one proud hubby.) I have taken my new love of healthy living and started training to Triathlon and I LOVE it.

Well Black team....I took the new bike out for the first time today and HOLY COW. On the old bike I averaged 14-15 mph when I was giving it all I had. I took the bike down to the bike path today and had a good ride. Average speed.......23.4 mph!!!!!!!!. And on a bike that feels FAST. and kinda scary. lol. The bike has "clipless pedals" which you need special shoes to use properly so the speed potential once I have the right shoes will be higher. Good lord when it my next race?! lol Anyway It felt great to get out there. I might try to get to the Y tonight for some lap swim. Anyway. Have a great night my team. I'll be back on later.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    hi jeannie2!! i'm beth (wife of andrew), i'm 31 and i'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys, ages 5 and 3. i used to be a black team stalker till my hubby ratted me out :laugh: and everyone welcomed me into the group with open arms :love: . so welcome to you, you're one of us now :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Well Black team....I took the new bike out for the first time today and HOLY COW. On the old bike I averaged 14-15 mph when I was giving it all I had. I took the bike down to the bike path today and had a good ride. Average speed.......23.4 mph!!!!!!!!. And on a bike that feels FAST. and kinda scary. lol. The bike has "clipless pedals" which you need special shoes to use properly so the speed potential once I have the right shoes will be higher. Good lord when it my next race?! lol Anyway It felt great to get out there. I might try to get to the Y tonight for some lap swim. Anyway. Have a great night my team. I'll be back on later.

That sounds so cool, Andrew! I cant imagine going that fast unless I lost control going down hill!! *picture middle aged woman with hair flying, arms flaling and legs hitting the brakes........woah!!

:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    HEY BLACK TEAM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We have 15 more messages until FLIP time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    0002020B.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80

You so make me want to try to get over my fear of bike riding!
  • arewethereyet

Riding a bike makes me feel FREE!!:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Come on Shuntae.....ride a bike....all the cool kids are doing it.....Unless you don't want to be cool. Yah your right...you shouldnt ride a bike....It's not for you. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member

Riding a bike makes me feel FREE!!:drinker:

Riding a bike hurts me *kitten*.
  • Marla64
    hi jeannie2!! i'm beth (wife of andrew), i'm 31 and i'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys, ages 5 and 3. i used to be a black team stalker till my hubby ratted me out :laugh: and everyone welcomed me into the group with open arms :love: . so welcome to you, you're one of us now :flowerforyou:

That seems ages ago, but it hasn't even been a year, has it?
  • Marla64

Marla-Way to push through the pain. If I am ever in a Bar fight I know who I want on my side.

Lori- Have fun in Orlando! Is it me or are you always on vacation. lol

Renae- Your a bestest team mate ever too! We love having you around!

Tamara-Your hair cut is great! To quote Billy Crystal "youuu look marvelous".

Sam- I would love to give you great breakfast ideas but I eat boring crap. However DW takes peperidge farm whole grain deli thin (100 calories) toasts it and then scrambles one egg (70 calories) half a slice of land o' lakes naturally slender cheese (45 calories) and half a jimmy dean turkey sausage patty (30) calories. Serve egg scramble on deli flat and you have a super yummy breakfast sandwich for 245 cals. I know..I know...It's more egg but it is SOOOOO friggin good. Way better than anything at those fast food joints and way less cals and sodium.

Jeannie2- Hey there, I'm Andrew (AKA Batman) and I am the black teams official boy. Not many of us guys on MFP but I am proud to represent Male kind. My DW Beth is also a black team member and has lost over 50 pounds (I'm one proud hubby.) I have taken my new love of healthy living and started training to Triathlon and I LOVE it.

And we knew him when he was just the guy hiding his face behind his arms-- so excited to have been with you from the beginning, Andrew--

And no-- it's not just you-- Lori IS on vacation all the time-- :wink:
  • Marla64
    in case you haven't noticed-- I'm trying to flip the thread and claim it--

Shhhhhhhh-- don't tell anyone--

:devil:
  • Marla64
    Morning all!!

I started using exercise tv this am and did 3 ab workouts. 45 minutes later I can hardly stand up but, something needs to be done with jelly belly!!

I had 1.5 slices of french toast and 2 eggs for breakfast. I am starting to get bored with eggs. I need to look up new ideas for breakfast.

now everyone is sick. hubs started not feeling so well this AM. great!!! I still feel alright but I have a sore throat and a cough and a man voice. hahaha

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Oh man-- nothing worse than a sick hubby-- no offense, Andrew--

When I was a kid, my mom would say, "Oh, wonderful, your father's getting sick. That's all I need."

And I'd say to her, "Mother, have some compassion. The man is sick."

And then I got married-- and all became clear.
  • Marla64
    Shuntae-- if you get a bike, make sure the seat is nice and comfy--

My nether region lost all blood flow in my bike ride this week-- hated it. H-A-T-E-D it--

(although the tingle was kinda nice when the sensation came back-- hee hee)
  • Marla64
    how'm I doin'?

Close to the new one--

Neener neener-- I'm gonna do it !!
  • Marla64
    nah-- I'll let somebody else have all the fun--

Love you all!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Come on Shuntae.....ride a bike....all the cool kids are doing it.....Unless you don't want to be cool. Yah your right...you shouldnt ride a bike....It's not for you. :wink:

LOL Thanks Andrew!

I'm thinking about it only because the girl who put the half marathon bug in my ear is also trying to put the triathlon bug there. The reason for my fear goes back more than 20 years...when I was eight, my sister's dad bought me a ten-speed that I hadn't quite grown into yet and wasn't particularly comfortable on. In what I can only guess was an attempt to get me used to it, he had me follow behind him on bike to my teeball practice. It wasn't far from home, but we had to take a really busy street to get there. After the rides there and back, I was so shaken up that I have refused to go biking ever since. I know this journey is supposed to be about venturing out of my comfort zone and conquering old demons, I just don't know that I am ready to take this one on yet. But I am pretty proud that I am at least considering it.
  • arewethereyet
    :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.