Daily Exercise Journal - July

Options
clover5
clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
We all know we’re supposed to exercise 5 or 6 days a week. Lets track it together.

You exercise can be anything - running, walking, sports, swimming, jump rope, cleaning, calisthenics - you name it. This should be fun. Check in daily and report what exercise you've done.

A word about rest days - all the experts recommend them. Don't push yourself to injury; this is supposed to be fun. When you need a rest day, take it. Just record rest day for that days date. Put your feet up, get a glass of iced water, and cheer on the others. Another day will come.

Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I am in again! I like trying to do different things and this really helps me track it. Thanks!
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm in again - I have never been so active and I have loved it!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I loved the thread in June so I'll be in for July----my dogs won't let me have a rest day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    :bigsmile: I loved the thread in June so I'll be in for July----my dogs won't let me have a rest day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As a health care professional, I actually think it's ok to not have a rest day..

DISCLAIMER - that doesn't mean go all out everyday - we all realize that's not the brightest idea

but on a 'rest' day, it is definately ok to do some sort of light cross training. I encourage my soccer players to do a light swim/stretch session on our inseason 'off' days
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hey my friend. I am in!
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm in again, too. The extra incentive is really helpful.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Im in. I love this idea!!
  • sassybellex
    Options
    im in!
  • rbene07
    rbene07 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This has been very helpful to keep me on track. My doctor is going to be very pleased!
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OK, so I know I said that July 1st would be a rest day but hey - I have the exercise bug now so here goes for July:

1 July - C25K Week 6 day 1 - 35 mins total 20 running - bit of a killer this one and half my park was closed so it was a bit tedious running round the same bit six times but it is done and I am happy :-D (my happy face)
  • Sacharuns
    Sacharuns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! My workouts will mainly consist of running, yoga and pop pilates videos but whatever :) I need to do more strenght training.
    Today is yoga day :) I'll do a video for the abs too

Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Sacharuns
    Sacharuns Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going to sleep (gotta wake up early tomorrow, it's 8pm right now here) and I'm going to post my workouts for tomorrow now, so I will feel forced to do them.

2 July -
    Wake up at 4 am.
    Go run at 6am for at least one hour.
    Eat breakfast, then do one hour of yoga and streching. 20 minutes of foam rolling.
    After that, I guess it'll be around 9 am, then I have to go to school to sign up for the next year.
    Lunch. In the afternoon, I'll first do pilates, then I'll go shopping.

My goal is to burn at least 1000 calories tomorrow.
    Have a great day people!
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'll join for July so far done the couch to 5k first day back injured the last time and 30ds then going to walk along the seawalk (4k) to watch the fireworks tonight but feel this will help keep me motivated
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've gotten fat and lazy duing June!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Running in place for 30 minutes
  • nikki_fro
    nikki_fro Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey i might join this please it might give me extra motivation!

I am training for a half marathon in 10 weeks so a lot will be running but also gym

Tonight I ran 4 miles took 41 minutes.
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    7/1 55 min. walk (3.2 miles)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    July 1
    2 hours walking with the frisky poodles
    2 hours working on the rock project in the yard.

every day
    100 warrior III poses
    one timed plank
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    15 tricep dips, 30 sit ups, 30 squats, 20 push ups & 2 hours of dragging the really long water hose around my crunchy yard:frown:
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi friends:

July 1 - 30 minutes Yoga, 10 minutes Boot camp DVD, 40 minute walk dog. I would have done 2 of the boot camp sessions, but the room filled up with spectators, and..... I quit.

Hello everyone and welcome to the new folks joining us for July.