Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I don't know if I'm quite awake yet, I do wish that they would stop this daylight savings time. It really does a number on your sleeping/wake cycle. Anyway we had rainy weather this weekend, but I still managed to get the pup walked all weekend. On Saturday I did BB Build Chest/Tri's, and then followed that up with X10 Cardio Blast. Sunday was BB Build Legs, and followed that up with 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing. This morning was ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 Timesaver Premix. I was able to up my weights on most of the exercises, I only went up 1 lb on the chest/tri's, but went up 5lb increments on the legs. I know that my legs can handle more weight, sure was tough on those step ups though. Was out of breath on those. :D

Laurel, Great job on trying out those double workouts! I would think that those can be a bit daunting when you first see how long they are. I know at this point, I don't have the time to try them out. Glad to hear that the kids really enjoyed the CIZE workouts, well almost. Funny how different the students took to it though. Have to wonder if it is a morning thing, and after lunch there just isn't as much energy? Thanks for the reminder for those shrugs, I will slowly up my weight on those and see how it goes. My dd's both have the very long arms also, it sure wasn't fun for them in school. If they wore shorts to school, the bottom of the shorts had to come to the tip of their fingertips. I once had to bring in a different pair of shorts for my youngest, and the shorts I had to bring her were almost to her knees. They always blamed me for shirts not fitting them. ;)

Thelma, Sounds like a fun combo of workouts for you this weekend! Yes those are the shrugs I'm talking about, and the way Cathe does them works perfectly. You hit that muscle just the way Sagi is intending without having to get into a strange position on the ball. Sometimes Rocket will be with me and sleeping or chewing on his rawhide. Other times he is roaming all over, and getting in my way. He just looks at me like he is saying "what, you wanted to play right". :D

Tami, Hope all is well with your DH!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice but busy weekend. We were headed to the in-laws on Saturday with the sunrise to do their garden. They wanted to replace all of the plants and then lay down rock instead of mulch. It took DH and I about 7 hours to do it, but we got it done. But that was some seriously tough work! Shoveling, moving and leveling that much rock isn't easy, that's for sure. Unfortunately, it was bumper to bumper traffic almost all the way home turning our usual 90 minute trip into almost 2 1/2 hours! (Spring Break in Florida.......sigh). And then to lose an hour in the day on top of it? I was dragging all day yesterday. But I did manage to get my house cleaned. And, of course, my workouts done.

I had mis-read my rotation and thought yesterday's H&C workout was going to be Chisel Balance. And I was thinking when I got up, with my very sore and tired body, that it would be impossible. I am so glad I looked at the rotation again, because the workout was Chisel Endurance, and after the first few moves, it felt really good on my body. I followed it with RWH Lower Body Circuit for cardio. I can still feel Saturday's gardening in my back and core today, but I persisted with my workouts. I started today with Max Hammer Strength and, for cardio. I did Cross Fire Extreme. Hopefully the lingering aches will be gone tomorrow.

Laurie, I so agree on the time change! It drives me crazy. Sounds like you had a good weekend of workouts, though. Congratulations on increasing the weights. That's kind of funny about your daughters and their arms. I just tested my shorts, and they wouldn't pass the test!! :o And their just standard conservative 50yo-appropriate workout shorts, not teen shorts!! I can only imagine how frustrated they must have been at times. DH thinks the reason the afternoon kids didn't like CIZE is they are generally older and not the best students. Just one of those things I suppose.

Thelma, great workouts this weekend. I would suspect our warm temps are here to stay. We are only in the 80s so it is still manageable. Thankfully the humidity wasn't too high on Saturday making it a comfortable day to work outside. But the humidity really kicked up yesterday, that's for sure. It will take a little while to adjust to that again, but I know I will get used to it before too long.

Tami, hope everything is well for you and your DH.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Despite playing doctor, nurse and cheer leader I made it through the weekend! LOL Even got in my workouts each day, except Friday because we had to be at the hospital by 5:30 am. DH is doing pretty good. Today when I left to work, he had his spot on the couch with leg up on pillows, water supply and snacks. He will be on crutches for a couple weeks and that is when he goes for his follow up. YIKES! Its hard to be on crutches for any amount of time but 2 weeks will be really tough for him, mentally. So he had a surgery to repair all the years of damage with some bad arthritis and almost bone-on-bone action in there; they originally thought his meniscus was torn but it was ok once he got in there, so that was the good news. This surgery will basically buy him some time before he needs a knee replacement in about 10 years according to the surgeon. So here’s hoping he follows his instructions and takes care of it. His other knee isn’t much better so that will probably be in the future as well. Although after this short time he has been in recovery and hating it he said “im never having another surgery” - I told him he will re-think that once he sees how fast it goes after the first few days and enjoys doing things without pain in his knee(s). (Yes, that is the cheerleader part of me coming out for him). He definitely needs some positive vibes when he is feeling frustrated through this.

Workouts were: Sat, Body Beast BUILD Chest/Tris + Rock’m Sock’m Pre-Mix #4 (Blizzard Blast & Muscle Meltdown Tri’s), then yesterday was Body Beast Legs followed by Plyo HiiT, then off to play Volleyball. I was definitely feeling my legs by game #6. I did not get up this a.m. for my workout, but planning on heading home after work to check on my “patient” and get it in then! This time change always makes me a little tired in the beginning for that 4 am wake up! LOL Plus, I could hear DH sleeping on the couch and felt bad waking him up.
    Laurie: Great job with your BB workouts over the weekend! We are kind of on the same workouts right now. I believe BUILD Shoulders is my workout for tonight, I will definitely do the lean forward CTX motion we have been talking about. My traps are definitely developed, so I don’t need to get bigger in that area forsure, but want to do the exercise correctly so it is working, vs. arms dragging on the ground. Nicely done getting in some Yoga yesterday, I bet it felt great. Thank you for the well wishes for DH. Yesterday was his worst day for pain, but on a scale (about a 5+ he said), so not bad. He did bump it on the cabinet in kitchen today he said though and it hurt pretty good. Did you have knee surgery before? I keep cheering him into the “no pain after recovering” stage that he will love. He was absolutely miserable for the past month forsure. Years and years of abuse and a clean up surgery he chose not to have 20+ years ago got him here.  Awesome Sat & Sunday workouts as well; great job going up in weights too!

Laurel: As always you are killing it with those workouts of yours!!!! Thank you for the input on the DBL Pre-Mix for Rock’m Sock’m, sounds amazing! One of these days when I have time I will definitely try it! I know I would love it. That is so great your DH did CIZE with his students, I am sure you would have loved to see that one. Very fun. Thank you for the well wishes and thinking about me sitting there at the hospital. Luckily it was only an hour long surgery; its just the pre-op, surgery and post-op that makes for a longer a.m. DH’s dad came by but the time went quickly. Your welcome on the KT tape suggestion. Hows your foot feeling? Same? Hopefully not worse? Weekend sounds like it was busy and a lot of work!! How nice for you both to help them with that. What a long day you both had with the travels and time change. Sounds like your tired/sore body handled those workouts beautifully, nice job.

Thelma: Awesome job with your workouts!!!! Sounds like a few of us got in the great Rock’m Sock’m one way or another! Just love that one and all the pre-mixes available with it. Sounds like the weekend you had a nice variety as well with BB and CIZE. Yes, DH finally after all these years went in end of December for a consult . . . .knowing he had to have something done. They scheduled the surgery in January and here we are. Between the time of his consult and the surgery day he was in a lot of pain. He is nearly bone on bone and so the doctor repaired what he can but he will need a knee replacement down the road. Hoping he is healing fast now and doing good; the weekend was a little rough. He hates the crutches too, which I am positive most people do. I was so happy I was able to get in my longer workouts despite DH’s surgery. He was good. I turned it down a little bit on the BB workouts so he wouldn’t have to listen to Sagi yelling at me to BEAST UP or be BEASTY!

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon ~ Until tomorrow,
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, ICE Low Impact Hiit. I found this H&C review where the guy shares his heart rate stats from his H&C workouts using a Polar HRM and a fitbit.
    http://howdoigetripped.com/does-hammer-and-chisel-work-workout-reviews-complete-list/

Laurie, I'm with you on the daylight savings business! Great weekend workouts! Congrats on upping the weights!!! Too bad I didn't think about doing the shrugs like Cathe does and now I'm almost at the end of the program. Better late than never right?
    You and your girls do have long arms! No such problem for me! LOL.

Laurel, what a weekend! That garden project sounds really tough and OMG top that off with that horrible commute back home! At least you got a break with the humidity! i don't know if anyone can get used to the humidity! Good for you for doing your workouts on Sunday even though you were so tired!

Tami, I'm so happy your DH is now home recovering from his surgery. It really isn't fun to have to be on crutches. You're such a good wife for being there as his nurse, doctor, cheer leader! Sounds like he really needed that surgery. I hope he follows the doctor's advice to care for that knee repair so it lasts him a long, long time.
    BTW, the key to managing that post surgery pain is to stay ahead of the pain by taking the pain meds before the previous dose wears off. Does he have to take an aspirin to prevent clots? I had to take an aspirin a day after my surgery because I had to be in bed for so long. Hopefully soon he'll be saying: I wish I'd had the surgery sooner!

Awesome workouts this weekend! Funny that you didn't want your husband to hear Sagi yelling at you to Beast up or to be Beasty! LOL. I think Rock'm Sock'm is a big hit with all of us in this group. We all love it!
    Your husband must've been in a lot of pain with that bad knee! Poor guy! I think he'll start to feel better after a week. Crutches are not fun plus he must be in pain and feeling a little helpless. Just baby him! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work was BB Build Back & Bi's, and followed that up with our walk. This morning was 21DFX Plyo Extreme, just had to have a little Autumn in my week. I looked at the rotation calendar this morning, and this is my last week of Phase 1. That sure went fast, and no dread with repeating these workouts. <3 So next week I will be starting the Bulk phase.

Laurel, You had a very busy weekend with doing all that landscaping and then workouts! I can see why you were tired the next day. Great job on getting those workouts done though. I would have dreaded doing the Balance workout with tired legs also! ;) I have that same thing with my shorts. When I walked into the school and saw another girl with even shorter shorts than my dd, I was really upset. Guess it just depends on the teacher, because they are the ones that monitor that situation. I don't have to worry about that anymore, but just a frustration that I had to leave work to bring the shorts to school. It's to bad that those older students couldn't get into the workouts, they don't realize the fun new moves they could learn. One thing Shaun T is good at is his moves.

Tami, You also had a challenging weekend for getting your workouts in. Great job on all that, and getting your vb in also. I feel for your DH, but he will change his mind after a while. I have not had knee surgery, but my mother has had both of her knees replaced. She was so bad that walking down stairs made her cry because it hurt so much. She is so happy that she had the surgery, now she walks faster than I do. :D I have the shoulder workout tonight, and then a rest day from lifting. I like this four day split, the next phase will be way different. Looking forward to it though. I think that I will use the Tempo workouts for Phase 3, since this first phase was getting used to the workouts. It just seemed to fly by.

Thelma, Great job on the workout! You are into the last phase of the rotation, so how do you like it so far? I like being able to up the weights, it may only be a pound but I'm able to lift without problems. I feel like some of the weights are getting light, and that I'm channeling Sagi with how he makes those really heavy weights look like twigs. Mine of course are not as heavy, but they are getting lighter with every workout. It's never to late to do that move!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I have a little more energy today, and the aches are gone! Neither translated, unfortunately, into much workout motivation, but I persevered. I started my day with Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders. I really can't believe how strong I feel right now. I was increasing weight throughout the workout. It felt good! For cardio, I started with the cardio from Hard
    Strikes then went into Chisel Cardio. <3 Such a good workout!

Tami, I am so happy to hear your DH's surgery went well. Sounds like it was much needed but, no doubt, recovery will not be fun for him. I have never been on crutches so I can't imagine two weeks on them. I think I would go crazy! Great job getting your workouts in with all the nurse/cheerleading duties. Bet they felt good. I know when I have had to nurse DH at times, I like my workouts because they make me feel some normalcy for a few minutes! Thanks for asking about my foot. It seems to be doing all right. Not pain free yet, but not stopping me from doing anything either, so that's good.

Thelma, nice workout. I actually read that article you posted when I was doing research on whether to buy H&C. I found it to be quite an interesting look at Fitbit v. Polar. Between that and Tami's experience with her Pulse, and I have decided if I want another HRM, it won't be a Fitbit. I still use my Fitbit to count my steps though.

Laurie, you are at the end of Phase 1 already? Wow! That really did fly by. But, of course, I am on my last week of H&C and wondering where these eight weeks went! Glad you are enjoying the workouts. I think you will also enjoy the Bulk stage and may find your strength increases even more.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ My evening did not go as planned with my BB workout so I did it this a.m.; was BB BUILD Back/Bis, Shoulders will be tomorrow. When I arrived at home my in-laws were there visiting for a little while, by the time they left it was preparing dinner(s) and helping DH get comfortable again. I am debating on going to my gym workout tonight, will see how DH is doing later today. He did take a shower by himself yesterday with his crutches, it looked like a tornado went off in our bathroom. He had knocked things off the shelf in the shower and then left his garbage sacks on the floor that he had duct taped around his leg. LOL He said it’s hard to pick things up with crutches . . . oh and he broke a bowl in the kitchen. Needless to say, I set out a plastic bowl for him - Poor guy, he is hating the crutches and down time forsure. He did tell me this a.m. he wishes I could stay home all week, all day with him. Guess I’m doing a good job. LOL

Laurel: Great job getting through the motivation slump with an awesome combo of workouts! I’m sure as you went along, your momentum picked up! Thank you for your understanding on DH and especially the crutches. I can imagine the frustration and we did have a conversation last night about how he put this off for so long it was more invasive than a normal knee scope, clean it out type surgery so he did learn his lesson without me saying “told you so”. He will have his other knee looked at sooner than later he said, so that is good. Your spot on about the workouts …. Totally helped me slip into my own little world while I was doing them. Glad your foot hasn’t felt worse, hopefully it continues to stay on that path and improve at the same time.

Laurie: Awesome work between BB & XT Plyo!! Another same workout for us on BB Build. I think eventhough I am behind you on the rotation, it falls in the same order right now for us. Congrats on finishing up BUILD and moving onto BULK very soon! I believe I have another week and then into the BULK phase. I’ve been missing Autumn a little bit myself. I think after my conversation with DH yesterday he is slowly changing his mind and I know once he is up and about (crutches FREE) he will really be happy about it. I (the cheerleader) keep telling him it will all be so good on the other side of this recovery stage and he will be so glad he did it. But I was serious about casually bringing up not putting off at least having his other knee looked at; that one could be the walk out of there surgery and take it easy vs. crutches. My MIL had a knee replacement and has done really well with hers too; I try to remind him of that as well. Its hard when your in the middle of all of it and just struggling to get by with the crutches I know. But he is listening. SHOULDERS for me tomorrow a.m. I was wondering about the TEMPO workouts because I have wanted to do the same as you, get used to the workouts and what weights at least 2 times through. So incorporating them hereon in the program will be my plan as well.

Thelma: Awesome work w/ BB Chest + LI HiiT! Thanks for the review, I will check that out. I know forsure my Surge vs. Polar was not even close in their readings. Thank you also for the well wishes on DH. Yes, his armpits are getting really sore from the crutches and he is not up that much really, so that isn’t fun at all. Yes, he is definitely staying ahead of the pain, we talked about that A LOT prior to his surgery because he hates taking anything, but he is definitely on it with his pain. Last night he was only at a 3 which was fabulous. This a.m. it was throbbing quite a bit when he woke up, but he gets right on some food and pills to stay on top of it. LOL He does have to take an aspirin a day + he is wearing those lovely white socks for compression. . . and yes, he hasn’t said the words exactly but agreed with me on why didn’t he have it sooner; he was in tremendous amount of pain and over the years has stopped doing many things he enjoys due to the pain. So here’s hoping he will be able and motivated to do more once he is 100%. Doctor is going to have a conversation with him about exercising more. Yes, he is pretty spoiled when I am home with him . . . just easier to have someone get things for you than all the hassle of getting up and maneuvering with crutches. LOL He wishes I was home all day with him.

Until tomorrow ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT10 w/u, BB Build Legs, Treadmill, Stretching. I did the step up on 4 riser plus the top part so that was huge for me. Now the Bulgarian lunges I can't do on a high surface with proper form so I went back to the floor. I am so much better at doing lunges now. Don't know if you remember that I used to be afraid
    of lunges. I've overcome that fear. I also decided to step up onto the workout bench. It's way too high for me and form would seriously suffer. At least I know my bench can support my weight. I am on week 10 of my BB rotation! Ladies, I just remembered that on March 6 was the first anniversary of my foot surgery! Can you believe it?

Laurie, fabulous job with those workouts. You're doing great! I am on the last phase of this rotation. I can't believe it! I have totally LOVED BB. I never thought I would. My favorite workouts have been the butt kicking leg workouts. It is amazing how much strength I've gained. I am doing the sumo squats with the 24lb dumbbell. I used to feel when holding the 18 lb dumbbells like my wrists were going detach from my forearms! Of course I keep bringing back the EZ-curl barbell and that thing has allowed me to lift heavier weights too. The part that I've liked the least are those BEAST abs. I have to admit that I'm scared of doing H&C. It is after all a different beast. LOL

Laurel, I'm so glad you're gaining your energy level back and that those aches are gone! Yo worked incredibly hard this past weekend! What a great combo and so happy for you for increasing weights throughout the workout! I can't believe you're on the last week of H&C already! CONGRATS!!!! It feels like when you ladies do the rotations they end so soon but not when I do them! Of course it's because I'm behind all of you but that is how it feels. LOL.
    That article is really interesting and I'm happy to see that somebody had done that fitbit vs. polar test. I am so glad I never bought that Fitbit fitness tracker. Lots of ladies at work wear them but don't know why cause they don't exercise or eat right.

Tami, great workouts! I am wondering if your husband's crutches are too high for him if his armpits are bothering him? There should be 2 inches between the arm pit and the crutch support bar thing. Perhaps watching a You Tube video on how to adjust them may help? My armpits where killing me and this is after the PT set them up for me at the clinic. That is when I decided to watch a video in you tube and readjusted them. MUCH better after the adjustment!
    https://youtu.be/xIw05RJH22c

It really helps to have someone catering to your every need after a surgery like that. I was so happy my aunt was able to come to the US to help me. I had a stool in the tub so I could sit while I showered and good for your DH for using the trash bag to cover his leg. Can his parents go help him during the day? It would be less frustrating for him. I was cracking up as I was reading your first paragraph and the mess your DH made! Poor guy!
    So glad he's staying ahead of the pain. Now I understand why he didn't want to workout. He was in pain! Throbbing sometimes can be swelling too. He is doing better already which is wonderful news! I didn't have to wear those lovely compression socs but then again I had that air cast. I hope he gets motivated to exercise and hopefully he will have his other knee looked at. You have been a wonderful nurse to him! I'm sure he'll keep your business card and hires you next time he needs a nurse! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work we went on our walk, had to get that in before it rained again. I then did BB Build Shoulders, but couldn't get myself to do the abs workout. I will get that one in after work today. I was just so tired after work yesterday, must have been the weather. This morning was Jillian's Yoga Meltdown, and I will probably do another stretch/yoga workout after work. What are the possibilities that I pull out Yoga X! Might be to long.

Laurel, Awesome workouts, and really glad to hear that the strength gain is factoring into your Cathe workouts also. I'm surprised that this first phase has moved so fast also, guess that comes from enjoying the workouts and being able to increase weights. Now we will see if my muscles start bulking or "my shirts getting tight" as Sagi would say. Wow you are in the last week of H&C that really did go fast.

Tami, Great job on getting those workouts done when you could. LOL about the DH tornado! I feel for him, it has to be hard. Then again if your DH is like mine, they tend to like being mothered by us when they don't feel well. ;) Once your DH is crutches free it will be better, those things do inhibit your freedom a lot. One of the guys I worked with had knee surgery recently, and the worst part for him was his armpits hurting from the crutches. I'm getting excited to try out the next phase, did you decided to do the Huge rotation also? That is the one I'm following, so will be on this phase for a while.

Thelma, Nice job on the workout, and being able to up the riser count. One of the things that I really enjoyed about H&C was the leg strength increase, so it is nice that these workouts are just building on that. Have to admit that I was super reluctant to try Body Beast when it first came out, just looked to macho for me. But now that I'm trying them, I'm really glad that I did. It really has made other workouts easier that in the past I was not so good at. I actually like the Beast Ab workout when compared to other ab workouts. But if you enjoy some other instructors it will work also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I enjoyed a good workout today. I started with Hammer Plyometrics, which is such a good workout. I followed it with Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's. Then I took a bit of a break before doing To The Max Extreme. With it nearly 90 degrees here today, I was a drenched mess at the end! Felt good. :)

Tami, your poor DH. I bet the shower felt good, but I can only imagine the mess! I hope things get a little easier for him soon. No doubt he misses your company (and nursing skills!) while you are working. Hopefully he has something better than daytime TV to keep him occupied during the day. Good job with the workouts despite all of the distractions.

Thelma, great job with the risers. I know at our heights (I think you are a little shorter then me.....but not much!), that step height (12") is about perfect. I do find myself using a fifth riser for some of the H&C workouts, but that is because the weight used is generally lighter. No reason to be afraid of H&C at all. It is different but the benefits are fantastic. I have been so happy to not only retain the strength gains I made in BB, but to improve leg and core strength. I think you will like it once you get into it. Such good news about the lunges. I remember they hurt your foot. And look at you a year later!!! Amazing!

Laurie, good workouts! I can't get over the 'tireds' this week at all. I think it is the time change, allergies (they call this pollen season in FL) plus the heat! So I completely understand your weather-related 'tireds'. Last night I wanted to go to bed at 8:00! :o I didn't.......but I sure did think about it. I do have a history of this when the seasons change, so I should be used to it. Like I said, I did 'bulk' a bit in the Bulk phases, but I didn't end up looking like Sagi!! :p Hope you enjoy your yoga tonight. You could always give P90X2 yoga a try!! Such a fantastic yoga workout.

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Decided to just head home after work last night so I missed Katy’s class . . . it may just be that way this week, I also had to stay a little later than normal at work and finish up a report so either way I may have missed it. BB Shoulders this a.m. – “TBD” on tonight’s workout; currently signed up for Spinning but that could change, we’ll see how DH is doing.

Laurel: FABULOUS on the workout tri-fecta you put together this a.m. Nicely done. How amazing 90 degrees would feel right now. We are getting . . . sunshine, then rain, then snow-rain, then sunshine, then ….. all in one day. That is the Northwest for you though. Oh yes, he is watching all the NCAA Basketball tournaments on his Ipad. He is going to have the best bracket ever this year I would imagine. Between that, he naps and today he said he may attempt a shower again. YIKES on the household. Plastic dishes worked out much better yesterday, nothing broken. Thank you again for your reminder to Laurie about the BULK but not looking like Sagi. LOL As I mentioned to her, I was reluctant but remembered you saying you highly recommend that rotation. Plus, I do get enough cardio mixed in as well I think & will start getting in some other “additions” like H&C as well. I think that is the phase the workouts are pretty short, correct? I have your notes at home on that. Isn't your Anniversary/Birthday coming up? I was thinking it was because DH and I celebrate our 20th next week on the 23rd.

Laurie: Great job getting in BB Build Shoulders and this a.m.’s Yoga probably felt great. Yes, DH is definitely liking the pampering I am sure; he does thank me every day and trying to show he appreciates it very much, so that is nice. LOL Its never fun to feel helpless and just be sitting around all day so making it easy as possible while I am home is good. Yes, the armpits are awful when the crutches aren’t fitting, as I mentioned to Thelma. Huge welts Yes, I did decide on the HUGE rotation. Not liking the name of it, but knowing it’s ok, I won’t be HUGE. LOL So we will be together in that longer phase.

Thelma: Awesome work with BUILD Legs + Treadie and a good stretch. Congrats on overcoming your fear of lunges, that is fantastic! I am sure the gained strength helped to conquer that as well! Happy 1 Year Anniv. From your foot surgery! WOW how time flies. Don’t be scared of H&C, it is absolutely something you can do, especially with your gained strength. Always remember, you can modify anything and/or go lighter! Speaking of the crutches . . . you are right on there. He adjusted them last night after I got home; he has GINORMOUS welts under his armpits. YOUCH. I didn’t want to make it worse by my reaction but he said he already looked in the mirror. So hopefully those can simmer down now that his crutches won’t be rubbing there. Good grief. Thank you for the video clip as well, I appreciate that. He would probably go crazy if he had his mom and/or dad or both over to the house for the day. I think they would be willing if he needed them to be there though.

Have a great rest of your day ladies – Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Shoulders, Treadmill. I was really tired and didn't feel like jumping around so the treadmill it was.

Laurie, great job with the shoulder and yoga workouts! Gaining leg strength would be really good for me. When I was looking for Cathe rotations I found that there was one lower body rotation and I thought I should do it. Maybe I will some day. I hope I like H&C as much as you ladies do. The Beast Ab workout is a move Sagi does where he spells BEAST with his legs at the end of one of the workouts.

Laurel, another killer combo under such harsh conditions! 90 degrees! Good Lord! I am definitely shorter than you are so that 12" height was perfect for me. I may be able to go up one more riser. I am so happy to hear that have been able to retain the strength gains you made in BB! I definitely need to improve my leg and core strength.
    I've come a long way that is for sure Laurel! I am so glad I had the foot surgery.

Tami, awesome shoulder workout! As soon as I read last night about your husband armpit pain I knew his crutches were not properly adjusted. OMG I can't believe he has those ginormous welts! He should probably ice. I'm sure he is more comfortable and moving around better with the right crutch height. Thankfully tomorrow is already Thursday and you can home over the weekend to spend more time pampering him between housework and workouts! LOL

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I really think this weather is getting to me right now. Rocket and I went on our walk yesterday, in the 50mph winds. After that I just sat down and didn't move to much after that. I will be going out this afternoon for St. Pat's/March Madness so I did BB Build Chest and Tri's this morning. Went up on the Tri's by one pound, so I'm lifting heavier than Barbie is. :D Felt really strong this morning, so I guess that rest day is there for a reason. I looked, and I think the half hour of yoga is enough on that off day. Will see what interest me for cardio when I get home, I will be able to do a longer one today if a choose to.

Laurel, Wow that is really warm temps, and great job getting those workouts done. I can see why you sweat buckets with that combo. I was thinking of the P90X2 Yoga, so will have to pull that one out on my next down day. I have hear that one is good. One day this week, I had a really bad sinus headache that woke me up in the middle of the night, so I know that I'm having allergy issues. I thought yesterday that I might be getting a cold, but I woke up this morning feeling fine. The temps are way down today, so that makes me think it is weather related. My shirt was a little tight in the biceps this morning, it has stretched out a little now. We will see how this bulk stage goes.

Tami, Good job on your BB workout! Taking care of your DH is important, so understand missing out on those classes. I'm with your DH on getting to enjoy the tournament while he is immobile. I love watching the tournament, that is probably the only time that I do watch. Best basketball played during this time of the year, guess that is why they call it March Madness. And advanced Congrats on your 20th Anniversary! I am hoping that I will be losing my fat along with the bulking so it will even out! :D I think that I have lost 1.5lbs since I started this BB rotation, so that is a positive.

Thelma, Sounds like a BB Bulk Shoulder fest was had by three of us! Love that workout! It also sounds like the tiredness has hit a lot of us too. That time change and weather have to have a lot to do with it. My feet get confused on that Beast Ab move, I don't think that I'm spelling out Beast correctly. I'm hoping you enjoy the H&C workouts also, they really are good.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Still feeling oddly low energy today, but, yet again, a good workout helped! I started with Total Body Chisel, which I love. I added on 10 Minute Abs Chisel just because this is my last Chisel workout for awhile, and I love that abs session. For cardio, I did Cathe's Intensity w/Bootcamp, which is always a good one for me.

Tomorrow is my last H&C workout in this rotation. It will be Hammer Power, which is my favorite. But I won't be able to check in tomorrow. DH are headed into Orlando to go to a golf tournament. He is starting his spring break a day early so we can do this. Should be fun. So next week is his spring break which means my schedule will be a mess. I will be starting Meso 2 STS and hope to check-in when I can. But if you don't hear from me much, it just means DH and I are operating on his schedule, not mine. :)

Tami, I bet you are still a little anxious about your DH right now (I know I would be) so completely understand skipping the class. As you said, that may just be how things go for awhile. But great job still getting your morning workouts in. I imagine DH is enjoying the basketball. Like Laurie, it is only this time of year I start paying attention to it......and it is always fun. Don't worry about the Bulk phase, especially if you keep your diet the same. My appetite increased quite a bit, so I did eat a little more. But, even then, I lost weight doing the phase. So even though my shirts felt tighter through the shoulders, I actually was smaller all around. But if you feed your body the same as you always do, you definitely won't 'bulk'. And the workouts are shorter, so there is more chance to add-on some cardio, even if it is just an X10 session or something. Happy Anniversary!! Our anniversary (26th!) is on or around your birthday I believe. It is April 21st.

Thelma, I so understand the 'tireds'! Great job getting your BB workout in though. I have to admit.....the heat feels good right now. We are supposed to 'cool off' (into the 70s) next week though.

Laurie, 50mph winds? That can't have been very much fun. Don't blame you for taking a break after that, especially since it was your day off. Glad to hear you were doing better this morning. That's funny about lifting heavier than 'Barbie'! Like I said to Tami, don't worry too much about 'bulking' especially if you are eating the same. Like you and Thelma, I lost weight with Body Beast, so I think whatever 'bulk' I was feeling was just residual swelling from working the muscles really hard and not actual muscle-building bulk.

Enjoy the weekend and hope to see you next week!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Back, Treadmill. I was really tired today AGAIN! I got an email from Beach Body (or maybe a beach body coach) about 22 minute hard corps. It looks like a lot of fun! I watched videos in you tube from people who've done the program and it looks hard! With this email offer you get free shipping and a bonus video for $39.99. I watched two Tony Horton videos where he shows what comes in the box the program is shipped in. He is funny!

Laurie, that chest and tri's workout is a good one. I bet you were tired from fighting those 50mph winds! I hope you had fun at that that St. Pat's/March Madness event. Congrats on lifting more than Barbie! I had pretty boy tonight with the bulk back workout! LOL. I could not get into cardio tonight. I was dragging badly but I still lifted the heavy weights I did last week. My feet can't spell either! LOL

Laurel, great job for always pushing yourself to workout even when your energy level is low! CONGRATS on finishing H&C!! I hope you and your DH have a great time in Orlando and next week during his spring break. Happy golfing!! Sounds like you'll have perfect weather next week!

HI Tami, I hope your husband is feeling better. Great job getting your morning workouts in!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I was able to get in a workout yesterday, so I did Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox! That was fun to be able to do the whole workout as is. This morning I was actually in the mood to do step, but nothing to complicated and around 30 min. I opted for Basic Step, and that fit the bill just perfect. Nothing to complicated, and low impact. DH has to work tonight so there shouldn't be any problem with me getting in my BB Build Leg workout. Monday starts my Bulk phase, getting excited.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I love that they ended the rotation with Hammer Power, how would they know that would be a fav. :D Have a wonderful time at the golf tournament, and next week during the spring break. The wind was so bad that Rocket and I where pushed off the road. He looked around like what just happened. Then he decided that we should turn around and head home. Once we got by some pine trees, they blocked the wind pretty good, and he was okay with continuing to walk. Funny little guy though. I remember this "bulk" feeling when I did P90X, and it went away. Kind of had that same feeling in my legs and butt after H&C was finished, and that went away also.

Thelma, Nice job on the workouts! I hear you on the tired feeling, once we got the colder temps I got my energy back. Kind of funny. Have to admit that the 22 Min. Hard Core appeal to me also. I really like Tony, and I like the short workouts for in the mornings. Just don't know if I really need them, but that price and the free shipping are making me want to hit the buy button. :D I'm just a workout addict, and that isn't really a bad vice to have is it? I think all of you ladies can relate to that feeling. Had a really good time at the Pat's/MM celebration, was able to see my old boss and some of the guys that I have worked with over the last few years. Made me miss them a lot seeing them though. ;)

Tami, Hope all is well with you and your DH!

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Friday!!!

Quick check in to let you know I am here and doing great! ;workouts good, DH had his best day yet yesterday and today :smile: I am going to Spinning tonight.

Will catch up with you all over the weekend ~ Work has been CRAZY busy, which is fabulous, but I haven't had much for lunch breaks last couple days. Will talk to you all on Monday but again, I will catch up over the weekend!

Happy Weekend ~
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, On Friday I did my XT CBS warm up, BB Bulk Arms, RWH Low Impact Hiit. For the first time I tried doing skull crushers with the EZ curl bar and what a difference! The move felt more effective and safer with this bar. On Saturday I felt courageous again and decided to try for the first time BB Cardio workout and it was tough but I did it. I hope this is what H&C is like because that I can do. I decided to try doing full push ups and I can do 5 wide pushups! So exciting for me! I am starting Body Beast week 11 this week! We're expecting a nor'easter overnight tonight! YIKES! I thought we were done with the snow.

Laurie, great job on doing the full Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox workout! I think you're going to love the bulk phase too.
    I found a few 22 Minutes Hard Core reviews on Amazon and G. Otero - Perez' review is pretty good
    http://amzn.com/B01BCOBNNK

Tami, great weekend workouts! So glad your husband is finally feeling better!

Hi Laurel! I hope you and you husband are having a great time!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got BB Build Leg workout in on Friday, and then got in a walk with Rocket. On Saturday we had a busy day, but I managed to get my workout in before we left the house. I did BB Build Back/Bi's and then did 30MTF Step Boxing Workout 1. I really liked the workout, and now that I have done it once it will be even better the next time because I'm more familiar with the moves. I didn't get a workout in on Sunday, had DH's family over for our Easter celebration with them. The only thing that I did get done was a really long walk with Rocket. I think that we went about 3 miles, and when we got back he went to sleep. :D I then watched the Badgers get into the sweet 16. Didn't sleep well at all last night, so I didn't get up for my morning workout. :( I plan on getting BB Build Shoulders in (which I should have done on Sunday), and then probably Beast Cardio or Total Body and Abs.

Tami, Catch up with us when you are able, totally understand being busy at work. I have been busy lately. Glad to hear that your DH is getting better.

Thelma, Great job on your workout! The BB Beast Cardio is a lot like H&C cardio. The weight workouts have some of the same moves that I have done in the build workouts, but they are total body. I will have to check out those workouts, because they really would be good for my morning routine. I sometimes can't resist those free shipping options from Beachbody.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies & Happy Monday! Quick check in, our pace at work has not slowed down at all. Which is absolutely fantastic, but not a lot of extra time. I didn't take a lunch break again today, just ate at my desk while I worked. But I am LOVING every second of it!

Weekend was very busy with taking care of DH, catching up on laundry plus we had a friend of his stay on Thurs – Sat evening. He was only there to sleep, working at a Fishing/Hunting Show in Spokane. But it was still another body in the house. I was happy to come back to work but got in all my workouts! Friday was BUILD Legs, which left a few DOM’s on Saturday; Saturday a.m. was BUILD Back/Bis + Cathe X10 Cardio, yesterday was BUILD Shoulders + 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 Extreme, then off to play volleyball; only 3 games yesterday. The first match they had to forfeit.

So my patient is doing a lot better. Yesterday was his best day yet and today the same; he is anxious for Thursday which is his follow-up appointment! We had some amazing weather on Saturday so I took Bernie for a long walk (long for him) and he was sucking air big time when we got back, poor guy. Then Emma had her short walk and loved it.

You ladies are all doing amazing with your workouts and sounds like a good weekend for everyone.
    Planning on getting in my workout at home tonight instead of BootCamp ~

I will talk to you ladies tomorrow,
    Tami