Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hi Ladies, the chiropractor says I'm doing really good and of course I know that! LOL. I restarted last week's rotation so today I did STS Meso 3, Disc 28 Chest & Back. I followed that with a 10 minute walk on the treadmill and the STS extended stretch. I had to take it easy so my weights went down significantly from what I was doing prior to the injury but I had to be careful. My lower back got a tight during the workout and that is why the I walked on the treadmill and did the extended stretch. I followed the workout with the heating pad and that totally helped my back. I'm going back to the chiropractor next Tuesday.

I ordered my Fit tower today! So exciting! The only thing I'm not sure of is if my workout bench is to high for the tower. I will have to wait till it gets here to find out!

Tami, awesome bike rides this weekend! No wonder you were tired! 50 miles on a bike is a good workout for sure! Glad you got to see your DH even if for a short time!
    Thanks on doing the right things for my back. I have to or I'll hurt myself and put myself out of commission.
    I froze some of the food I made on Saturday for lunches for the week and I had some today. It was so yummy!

Laurie, have a wonderful vacation! I hope you're able to do your yoga workouts!

Laurel, are you ready to go pro in golf? LOL. I hope you're having a lot of fun with your husband.

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night I headed home and did Max Hammer Strength, really like that workout. This a.m. was 21DFX Cardio Fix XT and tonight will be Insane-X with Katy.

Thelma: Congrats on ordering the Fit Tower!!! I bet you cannot wait. It is such a great all-over useful piece of equipment. I think your bench will work, just adjusting the risers like Cathe does. Great job getting in Chest & Back last night. Must be feeling a little better, which is great.

Have a great evening ~
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, spinning for me tonight. Had a pretty good back day today which is great. STS Legs tomorrow.

Tami, awesome workouts! Great job!
    I can't wait to get my Fit Tower! I hope my bench works with the tower. I just think it is taller than the all those risers stacked up.
    I am definitely feeling better. Glad I gave my body a break!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,877 Member
    Hi Ladies! I should be getting back to a more normal posting schedule now. DH and I really enjoyed his last week of summer, though. We golfed every day and enjoyed our evenings on the back porch with dinner and wine. Very nice! But I have kept up with the workouts. I started the Body Beast Bulk phase on Sunday, and I love these workouts! But they do make me tired, that's for sure. Today's workout was Bulk Arms followed by XT Cardio Leg Blast. I also did Beast Abs.

Tami, great rides over the weekend!! I do imagine it was different not doing traditional workouts, but how fun to be with friends and outside. Sorry to hear DH was only home for such a short time, but I hope the fishing is good for him this year. Hope the weather doesn't turn too bad!! I saw a weather map of the US earlier today and it does look like you are in one of the few cooler places in the US right now. Our heat continues, but now we need some rain!

Thelma, glad to hear your back is doing a little better. A sore back is no fun. I hope the chiropractor keeps helping you. My DH swears by his chiropractor. Has made all the difference in his back issues. I order my Fit Tower too! Can't wait till it comes in.

Laurie, hope you are enjoying your time away!!

See you all tomorrow!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, tonight I did STS Meso 3, Disc 29 Plyo Legs, followed by a short walk on the treadmill. My back was a little tight today but I know that I have to keep moving so I kept the weights today lite today.
    Hi Laurel! Welcome back! So glad you and your DH had a wonderful time together. Good for you for keeping up with your workouts! WTG! Congrats on ordering your Fit Tower! I can't wait to get mine either!

I think the chiropractor helped a little. This guy is not my first choice but will have to do as the other one is about 2 hours from my home. I think I'm doing better because I keep on moving and stretching.

Hi Tami!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! DH is in training today so I got a chance to do a good, long workout. Yay! I started with Bulk Shoulders, which felt tough.....but I was able to lift the same weights I was using when I ended the program last time, so that is good. Then, for cardio, I started with ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 2 and Blizzard Blast right into LIS Low Impact Challenge making for a nice 80 minute cardio. I needed that today, and it felt great!

Thelma, great job with Plyo Legs. That's a tough one with a tight back. I find moving enough but not too much is good when my back goes out like yours did, so it sounds like you are taking a wise approach being cautious with the weights but not stopping all together with doing anything. Hope it continues to improve.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you both yesterday. Lets see, so Tuesday evening I went to Katy’s Insane X class and it was the one where we ran 1 mile outside for warm-up, then did 50 sit-ups, 50 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 squats … then started over until everyone was done and ran a mile again. WHOA. Tough one - after 300 squats and then go run a mile my booty was hurtin. A few DOMS yesterday in my lats due to the pull-ups forsure.
    Last night was Spinning; this a.m. was Chisel Endurance and tonight I am hoping to get something in at home.

Thelma: Sounds like you are really doing well despite the tight back muscles. Good job paying attention to it and lightening up on the weights to avoid further spasms/tightness. As always, its so awesome you are persevering through and getting it done!

Laurel: I had no doubt you were having a wonderful time golfing with your DH and enjoying that Florida weather along with some nice wine on the back porch. Sounds fabulous. Of course also keeping up with your workouts! Awesome job as always. Congrats to you as well with your Fit Tower purchase, anxious to hear how much you love it and if you like the barre workouts that come with it?!?!

Have a great rest of your day ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did ICE Low Impact Sweat. My back is doing pretty well. I just wake up a little stiff but I loosen up during the day which is good.

Laurel, great combo and congrats for lifting the same weights you lifted the last time.
    Thankfully my back tolerated the Plyo workout. So far the workouts haven't bothered me too much.

Tami, that Insane X class sounds like a killer! Great job!
    I really am doing 1000% better. I've hurt myself so many times that I know better about slowing down. Thanks!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I decided against the scheduled rest day in the Body Beast rotation since I plan on a day off tomorrow, so today started with Bulk Chest. This one is still so tough for me.....but I love it!! I followed it with RWH Circuit Lower Body into ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blizzard Blast and Icy Core 2. Great combo.

Tami, sounds like a tough Katy workout! I think I would have had more than a 'few' DOMS after that. I watched a 15 minute 'live' Facebook video Cathe did a couple of weeks ago yesterday about the new Fit Tower. Definitely doesn't sound like these new workouts will be for me. I mean Cathe even suggests giving them away as gifts unless you are a beginner! :o But the exciting news is she is announcing her plans for new workouts next weekend, and it will include an advanced Fit Tower workout. So more new Cathe workouts on the horizon!! But all of the info on the tower itself sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to getting it.

Thelma, glad to hear you continue to improve and the Meso 3 workouts aren't bothering your back. Love that Low Impact Sweat workout!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies & Happy Friday ~ Today’s workout is Chisel Cardio and 21DFX Cardio XT, both I am doing tonight when I get home. Going to get in some workouts this weekend, bike ride and some more overtime at work :smile:

Thelma: Awesome job again on the workouts and glad to hear your back is doing so well!

Laurel: Sounds like an amazing combo of workouts today! Nice job. YAY!!! On Cathe coming out with something else soon as well. I will be anxious to hear about those barre workouts and then what is in store for “next” on her list! So exciting, thanks for letting me know.

Hi Laurie :wink: Hope you have had a great time off.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend! We had a pretty good weekend just a busy and too short! On Friday I did STS Meso 3, Disc 30 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps, on Saturday I did Hard Strikes and today I took the day off. My back has been doing well. Today I was on my feet all day in the kitchen so things compressed in my spine. I had to keep stretching which relieved the compression.

Laurel, great combo on Friday! How exciting that Cathe has plans for new workouts that include the Fit Tower!

Tami, great workouts on Friday!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. Both days were spent golfing. Trying to get as much in since DH returns to work part time this week, and then back to full time and coaching next week. I guess summer is almost over. :'( I took Saturday off from working out, as planned. But yesterday I was right back at it with Bulk Back and RWH Plyo HiiT One Doubled premix. I also did RWH Core 1. Today was Bulk Legs followed by Cathe's Greatest Hits Intervals and Circuits workout. Love that one.

Tami, hope you enjoyed some good bike rides this weekend. That sounds like fun! Great workouts on Friday.

Thelma, glad to hear your back is still getting better. I woke up to a sore back yesterday (golfing will do that sometimes) then had a scary tweak when I was doing Bulk Back. I took some time between workouts yesterday to stretch and make sure it was okay, and I felt fine during the cardio and then golf after. But last night it got tight again, and was tight this morning. I was really careful doing my weights, but it felt fine. And now I don't feel anything. So hopefully it was just a minor tweak. But I was thinking of you, that's for sure!! Backs are scary!!

Laurie, hope you are well and rested!

Laurel

• 2BLean
    edited July 2016
    Hi Ladies ~ Sounds like you both had wonderful weekends! I had a good weekend . . . no bike rides but good workouts at home. My bike riding buddy was camping, actually both of them were gone camping this weekend. So I stayed home and did workouts and the usual. We had beautiful weather; oh and I also worked 5 hours on Saturday. Good OT! Workouts were: Sat was KCM Lean Body Circuits for something different and I love that one; yesterday was Total Body Hammer and tonight will be Katy's BootCamp. She has a brutal workout planned for us tomorrow, so hopefully tonight is a normal tough. LOL

Thelma: Glad to hear your back is still doing well and not relapsing! Great workouts this weekend.

Laurel: Awesome job as always and sounds super fun with all the golf. You must be getting really good by now! Hopefully your back is just a slight pull/strain and nothing more.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did STS Meso 3 Disc 31 Chest, Back. Great workout but soooo long!
    We are having a mega heatwave. I can't remember the last time we had any significant rain. Thank God for AC!

Laurel, glad you and your husband a nice golf weekend! Great combos!
    Thank God your back is OK! How scary! Hopefully it was just a minor tweak. Backs are scary. I pretty much have gone back to full weights but as still careful on the dead lifts I had t do today.

Tami, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Great workouts! How fortunate to be asked to work overtime!

Hi Laurie!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Bulk Arms, which is one of my favorites. For cardio, I did Cathe's To The Max Extreme premix, which is such a tough one for me. But it felt good today. My back is 100% again.....thankfully. Didn't feel it once during the workout. Whew!

Tami, sorry to hear you didn't get any rides in this weekend, but it sounds like you made the most of your workout time this weekend. And extra OT is good. I wonder what Katy has in kind for you all tonight! :o Hopefully NC was relatively tame last night.

Thelma, those Meso 3 workouts are long, but SO good. I have heard about the heat in the Northeast. Hope it cools off soon. We have been pretty moderate (around 90) here for the past few days, but we are trending back up with more humidity. Like you, we haven't seen any significant rain in weeks, so everything is so dry despite the humidity. I miss the rain!! I am just hoping we don't get any major fires now that we are heating up again.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited July 2016
    Hi Ladies ~ Well last night was a good tough but not brutal, as I hoped for. We did more of one of her Insanity Style classes with stations all at 2 minutes each (3) rounds: Chin-Ups, Wall Balls, Rowing, Squats w/ Overhead Press, sit-ups with weighted ball, toss to partner, and another ab move. Plus of course Suicide Sprints at the end and other running, plyo exercise in between each round. Tonight we are meeting at one of the local High School Tracks to do sprints, body weight exercises, stair running and more body weight exercise; that’s all I know. She told us it will be “fun” - LOL Hopefully the weather changes from what it is right now …… muggy/lightening & wind. Yikes!

Thelma: Awesome job getting in Disc 31, those Meso 3 workouts can feel long forsure. We’ve been having a bit of a heat wave this week as well; eventhough the weather is crummy right now, its high 80’s and muggy. Which is not usual for us. We have had a very unusual summer, but I will take unusual over fires burning all around us. I do feel fortunate to be able to work OT and right now I can work as many hours as I want, so without burning myself out I will take advantage of it while it’s on the table!

Laurel: Such an awesome combo today! To The Max Extreme …… it has been such a LONG time since I have done that one and I remember it being a “go to” cardio workout in my rotation for a while there. Maybe I will attempt it again soon. See how I do?!?!? Glad to hear your back is fine today.

Have a great afternoon ladies!
    Tami
  • 2BLean
    Good news ladies ..... it has cleared up. Now sunny and HOT! Wish me luck :smile:
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did RWH Low Impact I & II. This workout is definitely up my speed. I really like the premix. The heatwave continues!

Laurel, what a great combo! So glad your back is back to normal! I had a chiropractor appointment today which I cancelled because my back is feeling at about 100%. The chiro called me to say that it was a good practice to do a treatment once the patient goes back to full workouts after an injury so I'll go back on Thurs

I defnitely have enjoyed the Meso 2 & 3 workouts. I'm not sure I can deal with all the pushups you mentioned on Meso 1though.

Tami, that workout sounds both tough and brutal! Good luck with tonight's class. It seems the entire country is having a heatwave. Hopefully your company will give the opportunity to work OT now that you have the time and is not an inconvenience. Thanks on my back. I'm so happy it's better!

Hi Laurie!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies. Just a quick note from me today. We got the long-awaited, expected and dreaded phone call last night that my mom has taken a very bad turn for the worse and not expected to make it much longer. She has been getting weaker these past two weeks to a point over the weekend she wasn't able to even get up. So this was in no way a shock but still very difficult. Right now we are all waiting to hear more from her hospice nurse, who will see my mother this morning, and then decide if now is the time to go down there for all of us. The good news in all of this is that they moved the closing up on her house to yesterday so that is all done and finalized. I know my sisters and I have been holding our breath for that for a few weeks, so that is one less thing we will need to worry about.

To keep myself sane, I did my usual workout this morning. I started with Bulk Shoulders then for cardio, did the Rock'm Sock'm Blizzard Blast into Cardio Core Circuits. It felt good, both physically and mentally.

Tami, sounds like a good BC workout. Hope last night's workout wasn't too brutal, especially in the heat and humidity.

Thelma, glad to hear you are back to 100% with your back. I did that premix last week, and I love that one. Glad you are enjoying Meso 3.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Well last night had zero “fun factor” as she said it would. The entire hour was running on the track and the metal bleacher stairs in the HOT sun. Yikes! So we would run 100 yards, then do the run pulls with partner holding you with giant rubber band, about 25 yards, 5 burpees, then partner would do the same, 5 burpees, run 50 yards and do in & outs (15) then run another 100 yards to the bleachers and do a set of stairs. Then 15 push-ups then start over. Sound fun?!!?! I did live through it and everyone was tired at the end forsure. It took my poor face several hours to turn back to a normal shade of color vs. bright red! LOL Tonight I am headed to Spinning. No workout this a.m.

Laurel: I am SOOOOOO sorry to hear the bad news about your mom. Despite knowing that call was coming, it doesn’t make it any easier forsure. Thinking of you and your sisters during this very challenging time. Keep us posted and big hugs and prayers for you friend.

Thelma: Awesome combo with RWH LI #1 and 2!!! Such a fun one. I like it too. I bet you will be amazed how you do with the push-ups in Meso #1. You have gained so much strength this year through all your programs! You will do great!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami