Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, not much to report except that I did a little studying. I only walked on the treadmill today.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

Thelma: Sorry I missed you yesterday, got busy at work. So yesterday I used as a REST day and today was S90 Total Body, which was another good one. I may do something tonight when I get home. No Spinning on Friday's remember.

Sounds like you had a very interesting day the other day - so sweet of your hubby to drive back with you to get that power chord. Sad he is having some challenges at work as well, especially if he has loved it so much. Dang it. I hope the best scenario works out for him. I hope you are getting a lot of studying done the last couple of days.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend! Mine wasn't fun at all. I had to study and ladies nothing is sticking! YIKES! I'm so much trouble! I don't think I'm going to pass this exam.
    Things at DH's job blew up and now upper management and HR are on the case. I hope things go back to normal for them soon.
    Since both of us had a tough week at work I told DH that we should go out to dinner on Saturday. It was a nice break for both of us.

On Saturday I finally got to try one of the Fit Tower DVD's and did the BootCamp one. I LOVED IT! It really hits the entire body. I can't wait to try the other workouts! Today I took off. I decided to sleep in and then I've been trying to study.
    Next week I have to go to an offsite meeting for 2 days. One of those two days is Thursday which was supposed to be a study day. I asked my boss if I could have next Monday instead and he said yes. Thank God!

Tami, awesome workouts this weekend! How are the temps there now? We're going to have a cooler week here.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Had a pretty good weekend. Workouts were good and DH came home on Saturday early a.m. so it is nice to have him home. Saturday I did S&S BootCamp and yesterday was S&S Ramped Up Upper Body Dbld Pre-mix! That is burner forsure. No workouts today unless I get in something when I get home. Not going to BC tonight, I was just exhausted this a.m. and didn't pack my bag. :neutral:

Thelma - Sounds like your weekend was a lot of studying. I am sorry to hear it isn't sticking in there. I'm hoping for the best. Glad you were able to try one of the FT workouts! They are really good. I am happy I purchased them.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Tami, glad your DH is home! Awesome workouts this weekend!
    I had back-to-back meetings from 7-3 today. i was able to read 2 pages of the book cause I kept falling asleep. I told my boss that there is a HUGE possibility I'm going to flunk. I said when do I take the exam again and do I have to pay for it myself? He said the company would pay for it.

I was so tired when I got home that I didn't feel like working out. I just had no energy left in me but I managed to drag myself to the basement and walked on the treadmill.
    I'm happy I purchased the FT workouts too. I want to print the rotations because I'd like to incorporate those workouts into my routine. I still feel tricep DOMS from the Bootcamp workout on Saturday.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

This is going to be really short, but wanted to let you know I was back. We had a great time in New Mexico, and loved being with our friends. When I get out of the email hell I have right now, I will get back on. I was able to do my yoga workouts while on vacation, it was nice. No workout yesterday, just to tired from traveling. This morning I did KCM's New You Coming.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Back from my trip to Colorado. Had a wonderful time with my sisters. The three of us spent the weekend in Colorado Wine Country, which is in the western side of Colorado. It was warm, sunny, quiet......and filled with fresh fruit and good wine! Couldn't have asked for a nicer getaway.

I worked out every day I was gone minus the day I travelled into Colorado (last Wednesday) so that was nice. I even managed to get two workouts in each day, which has me returning home without that 'I feel SO big' feeling that I dread from traveling/eating out. I got home last night at midnight, and seriously questioned working out this morning. But I did.....and am glad I did because it gave me some much-needed energy. Today's workout was Cross Fire Extreme followed by Muscle Meltdown Back.

Laurie, glad you made it home safely and had a good time in New Mexico!

Tami, great workouts, as always. I am really happy Katy told you about that running marathon before it happened. Seems she really is understanding that some (like your fellow classmate) have some serious physical problems with running. Again, it says a lot about Katy and her dedication to her job that she wants to provide a balance of workouts (including running at times) without alienating people. Glad you were able to spend some time with DH this weekend. Hope his season is going well. Flying in and out of Seattle this past week has me wondering why we aren't living in the Pacific Northwest again. So beautiful!

Thelma, sounds like you and your DH have both had a tough week. Great job getting your workouts in despite the challenges. I do hope things get better for your DH. That has to be so disappointing for him, especially this close to retirement. No doubt the material for your test will begin to 'stick' soon. But that issue about not being able to drink water.....that is ridiculous! Hope they change that. So glad you enjoyed the Fit Tower Bootcamp workout! So good!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Shoulders, Treadmill. Tomorrow and Thursday I'll be offsite in a 2 day meeting. Not happy but I have to bu'roe there. I'll be working from home starting Friday thru Wed of next week.
    Things at DH's job seems to be improving that the powers that be have been made aware of this problematic employee who claims had no idea was coming on so strongly! SERIOUSLY? You don't go around targeting the people you're going to fire and announcing it and not be aware that you're doing so! Yes! He's still employed!

I didn't study tonight BUT I've been listening to the course during my commute to/from work. I think some of that may be sticking in this brain of mine.

I have a question for you ladies about getting workouts in when you're on vacation and you stay with relatives.
    Do you actually lock yourselves up in a room and workout or do you workout in front of your relatives?
    I had to workout in front of my relatives in El Salvador because the tv was in the living room. That so uncomfortable because I was being watched.
    When I go away with DH I'm with him in a hotel room. I like my privacy when I workout and that is why I always hike or walk when away.

Laurie, welcome back! Glad you had a wonderful vacation and that you were able to get your workouts in.

Laurel, welcome back to you too! Glad you had a wonderful time with your sisters and managed to workout twice a day! You go girl!
    The no water situation in the exam room is really ridiculous. They probably think you'll spill water on their computers.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Enjoyed a fun workout today. I started with Cathe Live Bootcamp Circuit from a couple weeks ago. This was a tough BC workout, for sure! It was about 45 minutes long and followed her usual pattern for BC workouts. From that, I went right into ICE Bootcamp and Blizzard Blast, so all together, it was a 90 minute BC workout. Good stuff! I finished it with Muscle Meltdown Triceps. Technically, this was my last day of 'circuit' week, but I am going to add on two more days of.....something......so my rotation weeks are back at my usual Sunday-Friday pattern.

Thelma, great workouts. I am happy things are calming down for your DH at work. Some people are remarkably self-unaware, that's for sure. Hopefully the pattern this guy was displaying doesn't show up again. I don't workout in front of my extended family when I travel but I do workout in front of my DH. It is not my preference.....but I do it anyhow. But if I had to workout in a living room with people watching......probably wouldn't happen. I am so lucky when I visit my sisters in Denver because I stay in one of my sister's basement, and she also has a nice workout room down there. So I get up and get my workout in without feeling like I am inconveniencing anybody else. Makes it so much easier for me....and she is just fine with me using her equipment. Again, I am very lucky there.

Hope everybody is well! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you yesterday. So yesterday was Insane-X which I hadn’t been to in a while, due to either “running excuse” or golf the week before LOL at any rate, it was a great class. She did 6 minute circuits; you had a partner and switched off either burpees/box jumps (back & forth), then stair running/rowing (back & forth) wall balls/push ups, ropes/KB swings, heavy ball toss, pull-ups/walking with band on feet (like Cathe does). Everything was a minute long and 3 each. This a.m. was Giant Sets Lower. Upper body tomorrow. Tonight will be spinning.

Laurel: What a fantastic time you must have had with your sisters! Can never go wrong with girls & wine country I say. LOL Fantastic job getting in your workouts while you were there and even 2-a-days. I always get that I FEEL HUGE and sluggish feeling when I go to my mom’s/sister’s since I don’t get my regular workouts. Anxious to hear your answer on “how” you do it. Must have a room to go to. My mom would literally be 2 feet away from me in the condo; hoping next time to use her gym at their condo complex. Yes, Katy is a very dedicated instructor I would say. She wants everyone to benefit and not have to miss. When she saw what all the RUNNING was doing to her attendance she did a check and was so good she contacted several of us in one way or another. The Pacific Northwest is so beautiful, I agree. I know I often take it for granted but when I get to be out in it and see the beauty I am very lucky to live here. (I remind myself when it is rainy and cold or snowy and cold that it is gorgeous here) LOL

Thelma: Great job getting in BB Bulk Shoulders & Treadmill. Happy to hear your DH’s job situation is improving and still employed! YAY. When I am out of town I haven’t been able to do my DVD’s at my mom’s or sisters. I am usually doing walks with my mom and/or at my sisters one time I was able to go out to her small guest house (sort of a storage facility that could be a guest house) and do one off of my list of exercise from Pinterest; a HiiT workout. But as I mentioned to Laurel, I hope to use my moms’ condo facility gym next time I am there.

Hi Laurie – Glad you had a great trip!

I forgot to tell you guys ….. my mom had to put down her sweet little dog on Sunday. She is doing really good with the decision. It was just time. As I understand so completely and breaks my heart for her. She will definitely get another dog but until then I worry about her being all by herself. She said the break from senior care (which I also understand) is much needed and she will get another dog at some point when she is ready.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms, Treadmill, Stretch. I survived day 1 of a 2 day offsite meeting.

Laurel, that was a killer workout! WOW! Great job!
    Good for you for working out in front of your husband when are traveling! Did you go shopping for winter clothes while in CO?

Tami, your Insane X class was tough! Good job! You're in the same situation I'm in with workouts while away!
    So sorry about your mom's beloved dog! I hope she gets a new one soon!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I was greatly surprised that my week away from work didn't have to many problems to solve. It looks like they had a good week without any emergency's. Have to say that New Mexico is now on the list of places that DH and I would consider for retirement. Even though it was hot, it was nothing like the humidity in WI. We have 71 degrees, and without air conditioning on it is horrible. We all went to Carlsbad Caverns on Sunday, and hiked all the way down. My knee really didn't like that, probably because the slope was all downward. It feels fine now, but sure got stiff on the car ride home. We also where able to go to Santa Fe, and visited Old Town and the Farmers Market. One of our tours was to the Unser Racing Museum, and I was able to get a picture with Al Unser Sr. He's a very interesting and funny man. Our friends house is really nice, and they have what they call a guest wing of the house. It is three bedrooms, and each room has a bathroom. The Olds Nationals was really nice, but small. DH and I judged the 68-69 Hurst/Olds class, which is a tough one. All the cars where very nice. Next year is in Gettysburg, another state that I have never been to. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Laurel, How wonderful to be with your sisters to celebrate your Mothers life. I'm sure that it was nice to be with them during that time, and of course going to wine country. Great job getting your workouts in, it can get difficult when you are on vacation. Awesome job on those workouts, you really are keeping to the rotation really well. Love that you added on an extra couple of days to get yourself back on schedule. The only thing I saw of Colorado was the airport, so one of these days I will have to actually step my feet on soil in that state. :D

Tami, Great job on your workout, and avoiding the running marathon! I'm glad to hear that she let you know before the class, so that you could make other plans. Sorry to hear that the other lady is having to avoid the class because of the impact to her body. I guess I'm understanding all about that. ;) I'm sorry to hear about your Moms dog, that is really hard to go though. She will know when the time is right to get another one. My Aunt will be coming down for the wedding, and staying with us for Sunday night. She has a little dog that she has had for a long time. He has been with her since before my Uncle passed away, so is special to her. Hopefully he and Rocket get along okay, because she will be staying with us on Sunday night.

Becky, Glad to hear that you are doing well, and getting in workouts when you are able. Looks like studying is taking up a lot of your time. Your kids will be going back to school soon. They had the start time on the school's in NM, and they are scheduled to go back at the beginning of Aug. Yep I'm doing a lot of yoga, and I really have been enjoying myself. It really surprises me how it has changed my body, even though I'm not lifting weights, it is really doing things to my arms and shoulders that I have not seen before. Just find it interesting, plus I love getting more flexible.

Thelma, I'm so sorry to hear that both you and your DH have been having so many problems at work. I can't imaging going for 3 hours without having a sip of water. That seems like cruel and unusual punishment. I understand there reasoning. I'm glad that you are getting the time off to study for this exam, and you get to do it in the privacy of your own home. I purchased the Yoga Warrior series, and it is from the same company that produces Travis Eliot's. Rudy's workouts are suppose to be the easier of the two series, so that is why I decided to try his workouts. The Gathering workout is his introduction workout, and you can do that one anytime you want something not to strenuous. I really don't think that his workouts are horribly difficult, but then I'm normally at the beg/int level of the position. Rudy is always saying that you shouldn't go into a pose unless you are comfortable and able to do it. And he is funny. I have laughed a couple of times at comments that he has made.

Amy, Hope your doing well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Intensity Max premix. I followed it with Fit Tower Legs, Glutes and Core. Really like that workout because she doesn't go crazy and over-rep it (as Cathe can do sometimes :) ). Made for a great combo today.

Tami, glad you enjoyed your return to Insane X. Sounds like a great, tough class for sure. Working out on vacation does take some innovation, without question. Like I mentioned to Thelma, when with DH in a hotel room, I don't think twice about working out in front of him anymore. I have quite a few no or little equipment workouts loaded on my iPad for days when I just want to do something. Working out at my sister's house is easy because of her own workout room with weights and other equipment. I am not a huge fan of hotel gyms, though I have used them in the past. But if I have a 5'x5' space whatever room I am staying, I tend to do a Cathe workout......carefully. :p Sometimes navigating the furniture is the real tricky part. :D

Thelma, hope you survive day 2 of your off-site! Great job getting your workout in last night. I did do quite a bit of shopping in Colorado. My last stop was splurging on new workout clothes! That was too much fun. :) Why buy practical clothes when you can buy workout clothes? B)

Laurie, so happy you enjoyed NM. Sounds like you saw quite a bit of the state. It has been 40 years :o since I was at Carlsbad Caverns, but I still remember how fascinating they were. I am with you on the dryness. It was 100 on the day I arrived in Denver, and the Florida girl in me way like 'this isn't hot......where is the humidity?' My sisters were going crazy with it....and I wanted to sit outside. But I have to admit, while DH and I toy with going back to Colorado, I do miss green and rain when I am there. It is definitely a trade-off worth considering, though. Love hearing about the impact yoga is having on your physique!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, just a little walking on the treadmill for me tonight. Thank God the 2 day offsite meeting is over. Let the studying begin!
    OMG my coworker who took the certification exam on Monday flunked by 2 points! My boss takes it tomorrow.

Laurie, I'm glad you love New Mexico and that you didn't return to a crisis at work! Isn't it wonderful to discover places you'd love to call home when you retire. We keep thinking Western NC. We'll be there in early September and our plan is to go visit a town I've been finding homes for sale that we love. This week there has been a lot of talk about moving there ASAP. I'm so afraid we're going to come back from NC in the process of buying our retirement home even if we have to rent it out for a couple of years.
    Our jobs are like soap operas these days! CRAZY. The exam is really cruel and unusual punishment. I am really going to ask my boss to stop punishing us like this!
    I definitely want to try some of those Yoga Warrior workouts I found in YouTube! I read a review on Amazon.com from a lady who said it wasn't easy!

Laurel, what an awesome combo! All week I've been wanting to do that FT Leg/Glutes workout. I think I'll do it this weekend.
    Why buy practical clothes when you can splurge on workout clothes? Why not! I bet it was a lot of fun!
    These two days have been long. I always like to sit in the back so I can get up and move around when I have to endure meetings like this. I stood up a lot and moved my arms around and stretched!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Yoga Warrior Seeking Warrior. Rudy has now become a favorite, these workouts flow really well. There are 12 workout all together, and I'm now over half way through them. I'm going to do another round after I'm done.

Laurel, Great workouts, and nice that you enjoyed the fit tower workout. I was actually surprised that the area that our friends live, which is on the east side of the mountain, was green. The Abq side of the mountain was more brownish flavored. We where there during the monsoon season, so they did have rain. Apparently where they live they do experience all four seasons, because they do get snow. The one thing I really enjoyed was the non dryness of my skin. I would have thought that it would be horribly dry, or I put the right amount of lotion on my skin. ;) The big negative was the fact that they almost had a robbery, but their dogs deterred the thief. This is something that happens a little to often. The pace of life there is a little annoying also, the work ethic is a lot different than here in WI. ;)

Thelma, Glad you where able to get on the treadmill. 2 points from passing, now that would really be annoying. Hopefully you will be able to pass this test and not have to worry about it. NC is another state that is on our list of places that we would enjoy living in ;) . I really liked the Greensboro area. I understand the soap opera atmosphere of work, DH is still having a tough time with his boss. He didn't want to leave NM for that reason alone. :D This week has been tough for both of us, this morning he really didn't want to go to work. Of course our temps are perfect, and no humidity. That may have been a reason. I forgot to tell you that I did workout in the guest wing of our friends house. They had a DVD player hooked up to a nice size TV, and I got up early enough that I was done before they woke up. It worked out really well. Otherwise I just do things that don't require a lot of space, and get it done where no one is looking. I tend to use my computer to play the workout.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Friday! I’m going to be honest that this week has not been one of my favorites. Between DH being back and for some reason there is tension between us instead of joy, busy at work, which isn’t bad …. Just tiring. TOM this week (which is probably why i feel worse than a normal down week. PMS maybe? lol) which has had me feeling the TIREDS all week and probably more emotional than I would like AND missed my workout yesterday and this a.m. We were at that big 4H fundraiser last night that we go to every year so of course I didn’t get up this a.m. DH's fishing trip he donates every year helped contribute for the kids, so that was great. It was a lot of fun. I was in bed by about 10:30 but it takes a while to fall asleep. At any rate as you all know I hate it when I miss my workouts and it does affect how I feel forsure. So if I am not able to get one in tonight when I get home I will hit it hard in the a.m. forsure. Back on track! That’s the plan. Might “repeat” this week since I missed a few that I had planned OR add it at the end. So that’s my vent because you guys are all such great pals and listeners and probably the only people I know who “get it” …….. ugh. :neutral::blush:

Laurie: So happy to hear you didn’t have a bunch of problems or issues on your return to work. Awesome that you and DH have a place on your list to consider for retirement. How wonderful that you enjoyed it that much. I hope your knees are continuing to feel much better with your low impact and wonderful Yoga you have been treating your body with.

Thelma: Happy studying friend! Just relax and do the best you can do. :smile:

Laurel: Fabulous workouts as always! Glad to hear you enjoyed the FT Legs/Glutes and Core workout. I liked the pre-mix I did a couple weeks ago as well; as I had told Thelma …. I am really glad I ended up ordering these. That is so amazing your sister has a workout room – PERFECT! It is so good that you can work out in front of DH no matter what. Mine would probably leave me in the hotel room but be watching the clock wondering when in the world I am going to be done. LOL Mexico worked out nicely because I was able to get up early and hit their gym. That will be my plan again next year when we go back.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ thank you for being my pals and listeners. :wink:
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday! Decided to end the week with a tough, long but fun workout. I started with Fit Tower Total Body and did the 'doubled' premix. Yowza! My body was definitely feeling it at the end. I added on the bonus abs, which are so good. For cardio, I did Cathe Live from last week, which was her Birthday Blast workout. It was (roughly) 15 minutes each of kickboxing, HiiT blasts, and old-fashioned hi/lo. It was a fun but pretty challenging cardio workout, for sure. I will definitely revisit it because these types of workouts--with different sections--really fly for me.

Thelma, I am glad you made it through the off-site. I hear you on buying retirement property. DH and I have been talking about it as well. I know we aren't close to being in a position of full retirement yet (especially since moving to Alaska), but I know when it gets here, I want to know where 'home' is going to be.

Laurie, another great yoga workout! The east part of Albuquerque is much nicer than the west, that's for sure. DH had a job offer there at the same time he had the job offer in Florida (about 2 months before he retired from the military). If we could have found a home in the east, we might have ended up there. But we only had a day to decide, and doing zillow/Trulia searches was telling us we might need to head west because of affordability. So Florida won out. The other consideration, as you pointed out, was the crime rate. While Florida has an outrageous crime rate, where we were at was still less than Albuquerque. So.....again......Florida won. But I would have liked Abq to be closer to my sisters and, at the time, my mom. Of course, now we are in Alaska, which is drier than both, colder than both and further away than both......life is strange. :)

Tami, big hugs! I completely hear you. It sounds like a pretty frustrating week. No doubt those transitions between being alone and having DH back are tough. I know for my DH and I, sometimes it goes well........sometimes it doesn't. Hope things smooth out soon. I know there has been quite a bit of tension on and off between my DH and I for a few months now because of this move, and it weighs so heavy on my mind at times I feel physically exhausted. I take a lot of deep breaths, stay patient and try to keep my perspective on what really matters. Some days that is easier than others......but I try. Again, big hugs. The rotation will be there when you have the time and energy to get back to it.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was spent studying. :(
    On Friday I did I actually got two workouts in: ICE Low Impact Sweat in the morning and I walked on the treadmill in the evening. Saturday no workout at all. I was glued to my desk all day until 9PM. I took breaks to eat, go to the bathroom and do laundry. I ended up feeling like a very heavy wet noodle. I was so stiff and my hip bones were killing me. So today I decided that I wasn't going to do the same thing I'd done on Saturday. I decided to work out this morning and it had to be a short, total body workout. I knew it had to be a KCM workout so I went with a 30MTF Your Best Body premix. I love her workouts because they are short and very effective. I hadn't done this workout before and I really liked it. After I finished studying my body felt the same way it did Saturday night so I knew I had to move. I did a Jessica Smith low impact workout and it was just what the doctor ordered. I also studied while balancing on the wobble board.
    I don't know if I can pass this exam. I've been doing the practice exams and last night I flunked badly. Today I have to admit that I was very distracted. So I studied the exam I flunked last night and started a new one one tonight. I will finish it tomorrow. The plan for tomorrow and is to do practice exams and then study the questions of all the exams I've taken. On Tuesday it will be just studying the book on areas that I know I need help.
    My boss passed the exam on Friday! He studied of course and he remembers this boring stuff!

Becky posted this exercise website for those days when you need a short workout. These are the same trainers I found in YouTube for the wobble board workout.
    http://hasfit.com/muscle-building-program-at-home/

Laurie, every time I read your updates and it is about a yoga workout I smile because you weren't a yoga fan and look at you now! Love it! I want to try one of Rudy's workouts one of these days. What is the name of the firs workout in the series?
    My co-worker had a scheduled vacation after the exam. Can you imagine going on vacation after flunking knowing that you have to study when you get back home? OMG I hope I get easy questions!
    My sister used to live in Greensboro. She is now in an area called High Point. We used to own a house in Mint Hill. Also a very nice town. We love the Western NC. Love the mountains. I have a list of about 7 houses that we want to see (if still on the market) when we're there in early September.
    Sorry your DH is still having problems with his boss. I'm sure you two had a hard time going back to work after such a fun vacation.
    We had some very cool mornings last week. I actually needed a light jacket in the mornings. It felt like fall! OMG! Too early for that!
    You were lucky your friends have a guest wing in their house so you could get your workouts in!

Tami, sorry you had such a hard week last week. I bet it was PMS due to that TOM! I'm glad you had fun at the fundraiser and that the fishing trip your DH donates went to help such a good cause. I hope the next time her returns home it will be a very joyful occasion. I know you got back into your workouts and that means you're in a much better place now. So happy for you.

Laurel, WOW on that FitTower double premix!!Amazing combo! Great job! I wanted to do the FT Total Body but I just didn't have time for a long workout this weekend.
    We're not ready for retirement but dreaming isn't expensive. I hope that we can retire in a couple of years though.

Good night ladies!!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a nice productive weekend for home projects. :D I was doing the plantings around the deck, and DH was hauling stone to put around the deck. Looks so nice! On Sunday I put mulch down in our tree line, in the area that I cleared. It was so nice to sit on our new deck and just listen to the birds tweeting. The yard looks so nice, and ready for a gift opening. ;) No workout at all, but I figured that I worked hard enough with the yard work. This morning was Yoga Warrior Coiled Warrior, which is a lot of twisting poses. Felt great to do this after all the yard work that I did this weekend. ;)

Tami, I'm so sorry to hear that your week wasn't a good one. The workouts will be there, and you will get back into the swing of things again. Dang on the tension with DH, I'm sure that it will get better. It can't help when people are gone for a length of time, you get into a pattern. I tell my DD's all the time that living with someone is hard, and takes a lot of patience at times. Glad you had fun at the fundraiser, and that the fishing trip helped.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! The Birthday Bash sounds like it was fun. I like that you had the same vibe from the ABQ area as we did, and of course it did help that our friends where willing to give us all the information that they did. The neighborhood that they live in had a gate installed, and since that happened, the fear of theft has dropped dramatically. My dd used those two sites when looking for their new home.

Thelma, Dang on that test, but great job getting in your workouts! I really do like KCM's workout for that same reason. The test really does sound like it is tough, and I hope that you surpass what you think you can do and pass the dang thing. Yep I was one that tended to avoid those yoga workouts, but now I can see that they really are a benefit to my body. Now this is something that I noticed this weekend, and it really does sound superfical, but my bust has a better appearance. I wonder if it may have something to do with the fact that I have lost the side boob! For some reason that is something that I have a hard time losing when just doing weight workouts. So this is another incentive for me to continue with these workouts. The first workout in the DVD set is The Gathering, which he says to use when you want something less challenging. The first time I did it, I thought it was a challenge. :D The official first workout in the rotation is Versatile Warrior.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Feeling so much better. Even on Saturday it was just a better day. I got some good sleep that night and felt good. We went to a really lovely evening at a summer home get together. It was quite an event to be invited to; one of the local attorneys in town has a huge outdoor summer celebration and lots of people. So it was relaxing and I think DH was able to unwind a bit. He did leave yesterday again for another week of fishing and then will be back until his Fall trips. I got in a couple great days of workouts: Sat was Tri Sets Total Body which I always love and then yesterday I did Fit Tower BootCamp which is super fun, time flies by on these workouts. Today will be BootCamp/or something at home. We have a super HOT weather week this week as well so with DH being gone I may workout at home as well in the evenings so Bernie can get inside sooner. By the weekend it is supposed to be triple digits.

Laurel: Thank you so much for your kind words and “hug” --- I needed that on Friday forsure. Sheesh, life can just feel like a lot of pressure sometimes; I think a lot of it was PMS as well with the emotions and feeling so tired. Every once and a while it just hits me and out of the blue so it feels overwhelming. Fabulous job with the FT Total Body Dbl Pre-mix! YOWSA, I bet it was fun though.

Thelma: Hope all your studying pays off for you!!!! I am hoping you pass forsure. I am sure the practice exams have you a little worried, but I still believe you are going to do well. Great job getting in some workouts, I am sure that helped with the stress as well. Thank you as well for the kind words. As I said above, feeling much better today and I also hope when he returns this time it is an easier transition. LOL It just goes that way sometimes …. Hard when you both get into your own routines away from one another sometimes. Workouts felt great!

Laurie: Yay on having a productive weekend for home projects! That always feels so good I think. Sounds beautiful with all the rock around your new deck. Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate all of you listening to me and you’re exactly right …. No matter how many years it is hard and always a give & take of patience and understanding.

Here’s to a great week ahead ladies!!!!! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami