Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ OK, so yesterday was like a 2nd Monday for the week. Very busy for us and me as well. So I didn’t get a chance to even go to lunch, one of those days. At any rate, here I am The 4th was good, very quiet since DH had left in the early a.m. Bernie and I hung out at the house and enjoyed a little sunshine and the cool indoors. Our temps have crept up a little each day ….. today is supposed to be 100 and tomorrow 100+ YOWSA! Workout was great since I had extra time. I did Giant Sets Legs (Dbld pre-mix) and then I did the TimeSaver of the new Fit Tower Legs & Glutes; did the Legs + Abwork, and really enjoyed it. My legs were feeling it with that barre work. LOL Yesterday was LIHI Back/Bis + Spinning after work. Tonight I am going to head home and do a workout instead of the STRONG Class; with these HIGH temps I want to get home so Bernie can get inside. He has lots of shade outside, but still. . . poor guy. I brushed him like crazy on Tuesday as well and got a lot of hair off him. Surprising how much a lab can shed.

Thelma: Great job getting in your workouts! I am so glad you had fun in NH and enjoyed a challenging hike. How fun! Amen to that on wishing you had more time in the day or a.m. to workout at home. I loved having that time on the 4th; was so nice. Great workouts!!!! Is the mouth dryness getting any better? Poor thing. I can’t believe you haven’t received yours yet either on the Fit Tower workouts. I am sure it will be very soon.

Laurie: Congrats on your daughter getting all moved in! So great you guys are there to help (for her) moving is never fun and family support is wonderful! Sounds like that was definitely a workout. Great job getting in your scheduled workout prior and some great combos this week! Your 70’s will be perfect for the shower this Saturday, that is great. We will have these high temps for a week they are saying.

Laurel: So happy to hear you had a nice weekend site seeing in Alaska. I bet it was beautiful. Fantastic job with your workouts and loved to hear you took a weekend break, I better your body loved it. Sounds like those live classes are still continuing to challenge you a bit! Very fun. We are all hoping the fires aren’t like the past few years; central Washington has had a small one going but I think contained. SUPER hot there though and DH is right in it where he is at. AZ type temps there. I am really looking forward to the “Normal Katy” classes as well, and as you said, it was great she has recognized that she needed to go back to what is scheduled, not running camp. LOL

Amy: Sorry for all the abbreviations; one we use a lot is "DH" which is referring to my husband. Congrats on To The Max accomplishment! I agree with Laurel, that is a tough one so you should definitely pat yourself on the back for completing it! YAY Hope the FitBit is working great for you.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We are finally experiencing summer temps, which has my energy levels soaring. How I ever let DH convince me to move from Florida to Alaska is beyond me! But I decided to take advantage of my 'summer' energy, and did an extra long workout today. I started with STS Disc 5/Back and Triceps followed by the STS Extended Stretch. For cardio, I started with the warm-up and cardio from XT Hard Strikes into yet another Cathe Live class. This one was from January and was a 50 minute kickboxing workout called Kick Punch Cardio. Super fun combo there! Then, for core, I did the ab section from Flex Train. Could have done more......but I got hungry. :p Now all I have to do is figure out how to replicate this energy in, say, December.

Laurie, no doubt having the shower done will be a relief. Hopefully you are able to enjoy it and have fun. Great job getting your workouts in through all of this. I guess it is good the post office is prepared for wedding invitations. Having one stamp just makes them look better than a string of mixed stamps across the top. I don't know why I cared how the envelope on my wedding invitations looked......but I did! I still feel that way about my Christmas cards, :o But over $2.00 to England is just crazy.

Tami, sounds like a nice 4th with Bernie and a nice chance to do a great workout. Glad you enjoyed that Fit Tower workout. It does sneak up on you with the barre work, that's for sure. Those are crazy temps for you!! I really hope they don't last too long because your part of the country just isn't set up to be as hot as Phoenix. Those kinds of temps start getting pretty dangerous actually. So I understand going home and getting your pup out of that heat. Poor thing. I'm headed to Colorado in a couple weeks to see my sisters and expect heat and fires. I clearly don't mind the heat......but the fires bring back horrible memories of our experiences in Colorado Springs. I hope your DH doesn't experience anything like he did that summer when the fires were almost on top of him. Just no good.

Amy and Thelma.....hope you are well.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • Crazypotato982gtu
    Crazypotato982gtu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Laurie, I don't have a set time limit. I came to this country nine years ago, and I am still here. A year and a half ago is when I moved to this mountainous area in the south. Before that, I lived in northern Mexico with more creature comforts and a very different culture. My staying in this area or not depends mostly on when the spirit moves me.

Laurel, wow, Alaska! I have never been there but have seen some movies with amazing scenery.

It seems like all you ladies work out more than I do. Tami, you seem like a fitness goddess. About how many hours per week or per day do you exercise?

Today I walked more than 5 miles and "50 floors" (so said the fitbit) and my feet are still sore, since most of the walking was uphill. It was doing missionary work, and once I got home I realized I was not going to work out tonight. Do you think that's a copout? I don't know if I should feel guilty or not. Fitbit said I burned more than 1500 calories by 1pm when I finally arrived home. I know that may not be accurate, but certainly the hiking up slopes (with a weighted backpack, I might add) was a workout. I was drenched with sweat when I got home and went straight to the shower even before eating.

I decided this week to make spiralized sweet potato pasta just to see how it was. Very tasty, but it was a TON of work getting those sweet potatoes spiralized. I also spiralized a large fat carrot, also a lot of effort. I wonder if I should look into getting a KitchenAid type thing if I want to spiralize harder vegetables. With zucchini it's easy and also apples, but those root vegetables were tough, man.

I got a little food processor and made cauliflower rice, but I'm still working on getting it to have a good flavor. All the recipes I saw online were boring. I want it to have flavor!

So tomorrow night I will do the Jillian Ripped in 30 Level 3 DVD again, since I'm not going to do it today. There's no question that I got plenty of physical activity today. Loving the Fitbit so far, btw.

--CP
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I forgot to hit post reply last night! DUH!!! OMG the DOMS!!!! I have serious inner thigh and glute DOMS ladies. I feel the inner thighs with every step and specially when I go up stairs. On Wednesday I did XT B&T w/u, BB Bulk Arms, Walking on treadmill, stretch I went heavier on some of the exercises which was wonderful. Tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, Walking on Treadmill, Stretch. I also went heavier with this workout.
    I've been really hungry so I think it's time to up my protein consumption now that I'm lifting heavier.

My mouth is definitely a lot better which is wonderful. BTW, I managed to fix my cracked mouth corners with vaseline and the thick version of Eucerin. This always works for me.

Laurie, how exciting that your dd already moved to her new home! The wedding date is fast approaching! I had 2 questions for you last night. One was if she had mailed the invitations yet and the other one is if you'd had the bridal shower yet!! Great workouts BTW! Love that you're totally into yoga with this rotation!

Laurel, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend seeing the beauty of Alaska! Awesome workout combos! I was going to call my rheumy for an appointment and kept putting it off because I'm feeling better. I should get myself checked though.
    You always crack me up with your energy levels. I can't imagine what soaring energy levels feel like but if you always do killer workouts when you're tired... workouts with soaring energy levels have got to be a heck of a lot more intense! Awesome job and I hope you find a way to keep those energy levels always!

Tami, those are insane temps! OMG! Thankfully we're having nice temps in the 80's and low humidity. Some rain tomorrow and possibly Saturday too. Sorry work is so busy! Seems that it never ends but on the positive side of things and that means job security!
    I'd forgotten this is the time of the year when your DH does his fishing trips. He does work at the same place you do right? How does he handle the fishing time?
    Glad you went home early to let Bernie in! Do you ever leave him inside while you're at work? Awesome workouts! I can't wait to get my FitTower DVD's! I really hope they get here soon!

Amy, I forgot to comment on your missionary work. So generous, kind and courageous of you! God bless you! I'm curious about the name of the town you're in! You've been in Mexico for a long time! Do you ever come back to the states? How close to the US are you? Do you have people from the US visit you?

Tami also looks like a fitness goddess!
    All that up hill walking while carrying a weighted backup totally qualifies as a workout Amy! No wonder you were tired! I hope you're drinking plenty of water.

So glad you made yourself some riced cauliflower! I love that stuff! OMG I can't imagine how hard it was to spiralize the hard sweet potato and hard carrot! Laurie found a frozen riced cauliflower and sweet potato mix at her supermarket. That is an idea for you too.

Here is a recipe that sounds good and the ingredients should be readily available there. Are you familiar with the skinnytaste website? My favorite site for healthy and tasty recipes. On this same page you will find links to other cauliflower rice recipes
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-cauliflower-rice-with-garlic-and-lemon/

Laurie posted this recipe recently and it is soooo goood!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/skillet-cauliflower-arroz-con-pollo/

We should have a glossary of all our abbreviations. It's easy for us to do so because we practically have the same workouts.
    DH dear husband, DD dear daughter, BIL brother-in-law, DOMS Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with STS Disc 38/Squat Rack Legs, and I just kept increasing the weight throughout. I don't know what it is about this LGI8 rotation, but my strength seems to be increasing rapidly from it. Anxious to see if that continues throughout the rest of the rotation. I followed it with IMAX Extreme from Cathe's Terminator DVD, which is always good.

Amy, I don't think it is a cop out at all that you didn't do your planned workout. Activity is the key, and you are getting that in your lifestyle. The planned workouts are good for focusing on strength and endurance, of course, but keeping moving is really the key to good health. So don't feel guilty if you just have days you aren't up to it. I frequently go through a mind/body struggle with working out because I have many (many!) days where I just don't feel like it. So I ask myself some questions like 'are you hurt or physically exhausted? And how will you feel after your workout mentally if you do it?' If I am hurt or physically exhausted, I don't workout and don't think about it twice. If I think I will feel better if I workout (and I usually do), I workout. And, with that, my motto is 'something is better than nothing' so I figure even if I just go through the motions and maybe take out some impact or take down the step height, I know that whatever I decide to do has its benefits. And, as Thelma alluded to above, I have been known to turn my laziest 'I don't want to workout!' days into some of my best workouts simply by giving myself 'permission' to take it down a notch. That mental adjustment seems to take pressure off......and then I start jumping higher. And that's when I know my workout whines are really just mental laziness on my part. Anyhow......whew! I got long-winded on that! Sorry! Your spiralized sweet potatoes sound so good! But I can't imagine the work in that. And just FYI, I don't work and have a seeming amount of limitless spare time, so I usually workout two hours a day, six days a week. No doubt more than I need, but from the days when I was working and always rushing my workouts, I promised if I ever got to the point where I had free time to workout, I would use it.

Thelma, yowza on the DOMS! But great workouts!! Bet it feels good to be lifting heavier and heavier again given your last injury. I am glad to hear your mouth is doing better. Hopefully that continues......even if you don't go see your doctor. I hope my energy levels stay up too! I love days where I can't wait to get to my workouts!! Why do they happen so rarely? :p

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Went home last night and did KCM Muscle Definition and went HEAVY to stay consistent with my HEAVY training week. Was great. Bernie was very happy to see me and I bet even moreso tonight. It’s over 100° today!! No Spinning, I guess Katy has cxld the Friday night Spin until August due to low participation.

Thelma: Youch on the DOMS! Hopefully they feel better tomorrow for you. Fantastic workouts you have put in and no wonder you are hungry; feed those hard working muscles! Glad to hear you guys are having some good temps; hopefully ours cool back down next week instead of stay up there. Just too hot. I like nice weather forsure and not trying to complain, but its hot. Definitely job security here. I was asked to come in tomorrow and/or Sunday to type some policies since we are so behind so I will bring Bernie with me. Hopefully the A/C is working here tomorrow, its out right now. Very stuffy and hot as the day has gone by. DH does work here too but he is the marketing manager, so his job is to entertain clients and/or create new business. So he works with a lot of the builders and developers in our area. Fishing is actually part of his job when he goes. So it works nicely. IN the Fall, that is mostly his vacation time PLUS clients. So good to make extra money and get paid while doing it from his fulltime job. THANK YOU for the compliment you said about me to CP – so nice of you. Being a fitness goddess. :blush:

CP: Yum on the spiralized sweet potato and carrot. I bet it was a lot of effort; sweet potatoes are tough to deal with. I have always wondered how they do that with them. So good job and I bet it was delicious. I was laughing when you called me a fitness goddess -- thank you! LOL I work out typically 6 days a week. I do my “at home” workouts with the DVD’s in the early a.m. and then some days I add on a p.m. workout at the gym after work for extra cardio. OR if I slept in then I use the gym after work as my workout. I also play volleyball on women’s team in the winter and do some cycling in the summer. So working out is truly something I love.

Laurel: Way to go on the workout combo today! That IMAX Extreme workout is never easy, especially after a heavy leg workout. Did you clean house between reps? LOL

Hope you ladies have a great weekend ~ Talk to you on Monday!

Tami
  • Crazypotato982gtu
    Crazypotato982gtu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! Quick question: do you have recommendations for a good challenging workout a la Cathe To the Max? I will need to do a different DVD soon, since that one has been in my rotation since mid-April. Something I guess with plenty of good step work, as challenging as To the Max. Could be Cathe or someone else.

PS, I take my hat off to all you fitness goddesses in this thread.
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. I didn't have a very good one as I was feeling sick. It's time to go see my rheumatologist.
    On Friday when I got home I decided to take a little nap that turned into hours. Saturday we went up to NH for breakfast and then drove almost 3 hours to western MA where DH found a car he wanted to buy. I couldn't stay awake in the car. I slept almost as soon as I got in the car. This is exactly what used to happen when I was diagnosed with Lupus. Today I had another one of those symptoms I vividly remember I had in 2010. I kept getting dizzy. So dizzy that I had to hold on to something so I wouldn't fall. Each dizzy spell lasted a good amount of time. The room just kept on spinning. Energy levels are definitely low. Not happy about this.

I still feel the inner thigh DOMS but nothing like I did last night. Almost gone now!

Laurel, awesome workouts! That LGI8 rotation is a good one. Some day I'll be able to do it. Maybe I should do a BB version of it! I wish most days where days when I can't wait to get to my workout!

Tami, great KCM workout! Sorry the gym cancelled Katy's spinning class! Is that a first? I'm sure Bernie will love to have you home those nights. Wow, still very hot there. We've had nice temps here. Lots of rain on Friday and Saturday. I hope you didn't have to work too much this weekend. I bet Bernie loved going to work with you though. WOW! What a perfect job situation your husband has! So fortunate! You're welcome on the compliment! It's true!

Hi Amy, Laurel is our step expert so I'm sure she will have a good workout recommendation for you.

Hi Laurie! I hope your DD's bridal shower was wonderful!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout all weekend, but the bridal shower was a hit! ;) We had about 25 people, and everyone seemed to have a good time. I'm just really glad that it is done, and now I can concentrate on the wedding itself. On Sunday I didn't want to do anything, and since it was a beautiful day outside, I sat outside knitting. I just needed something different to do. I'm almost finished with a dish towel, and DH said that I knit pretty fast. :D This will be my first knitting project that I have done in quite a while, and the way I'm going, it will be done when DD decides to have a house warming party after the wedding. This morning I did The Gathering from Yoga Warrior, felt really good. Will be going on vacation next week, so I have to start organizing what I'm need to be packing for Albuquerque weather. HOT is probably what I'm expecting.

I had a few knee issues this weekend, tripped in one of the gopher holes (or Rocket digging for the dang thing), and of course it is the same knee that I hurt before. So I'm going with the yoga again for now. Yesterday I saw my dog with half his head in a hole, trying to get the dang gopher! Seriously he is obsessed with this rodent. ;)

Tami, Way to rock those workouts! Sorry to hear that Katy is having to cancel the spin class, guess the summer is a time when people want to be outside. Can't imagine what they are doing in temps so hot though. :D I'm so glad that we are not getting those high temps, we had a perfect day for the party. Actually we have been having a great June/July. The only problem we seem to have around here is to much rain, we are having flooding in some areas. :o

Laurel, You are rocking those workout also, and so glad to hear that the strength gains with this rotation are so good. From what I read, Cedi is in the newest live workout. I don't know where I read that, it may have been on facebook. It appears that everyone received their wedding invitations, since people where talking about them on Saturday. Glad there where not to many questions that I needed to answer.

Amy, Sounds like you really enjoy your mission work, and when the spirit moves you it will be in a new place.
    I like that. Like Laurel said, you got in 5 miles of walking and hiking so you are getting in a great workout. The fitbit (for me) has been pretty accurate, or even lower than what my heart rate monitor recorded. I have a really cheap spiralizer that works great with sweet potatoes, I will have to find which one I have so you can look at it. Hopefully you can find some other veggies that will work, to bad they don't have zucchini. My suggestion for a workout that you might enjoy, is X10. This one has short workouts, and lost of premixes. Everyone my have a better suggestion, but I think you would really like X10.

Thelma, I'm really sorry to hear that you are having returning signs of lupus. You got in some really good workouts last week though. The bridal shower was hectic, but a lot of fun. It appears that everyone enjoyed the Breakfast at Tiffany's theme, and they all came in with their pearls. I didn't require a black dress, but there where a lot of ladies that wore them. My oldest dd looked like Audrey when she walked in, so that made it even better.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a great weekend here. Picture perfect weather for a change. DH and I were able to golf both days, which was so fun. Saturday we played the furthest north golf course in America. It was very rugged! It is largely built on permafrost, so subject to huge frost heaves. On one hole they had put a sign that the green had been built flat in 1996....and then the sign said 'good luck'. The undulations were probably a good six or seven feet in elevation change! Crazy to see that....and made me wonder how any houses are surviving built on permafrost......like our current house. :o But it was all in good fun that day with DH losing 10 golf balls to my 1! Sad when you measure success by how many golf balls you lost. :p Anyhow, yesterday was on a 'tamer' course, which was just picture perfect. Too bad my golf didn't match the course or the day. B)

I worked out both days this weekend. Saturday was STS Disc 28/Chest and Back, followed by Cathe Live Quick Fix Cardio. Yesterday was STS Disk 29/Plyo Legs followed by Cardio Core Circuit. And today was STS Disc 30/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps followed by ICE Low Impact Sweat with Blizzard Blast and Icy Core 2.

Tami, hoped your weather cooled down over the weekend a bit.......especially if the AC at work wasn't working and you were there this weekend. That does not sound good! That's kind of interesting about the spin class because isn't that the same class that has gotten so busy at times you've had to sign up for it? But, as Laurie said, I suppose the nice weather has people outside. You made me laugh asking if I cleaned during those LONG breaks in the Squat Rack leg workout last week. :D No.....I stayed (pretty much ;) ) in my workout room......but I did manage to do a crossword puzzle during those breaks. :) What can I say? I guess I just need to do something along with stretching during that time!

Amy, you ask a tough question!! Are you set on a step workout? If not, I would suggest Cross Fire, which was made at the same time as To The Max, but is floor (not step) cardio. It also has tabatas like To The Max but incorporates some weights as well. Do you have weights? This workout requires anywhere between 3lb and 15lb. Like Laurie said, X10 is a great workout that is actually 5 ten minute workouts (plus a warm up and cool down) that you can string together in any way to make as long a workout as you want. One of the segment uses the steps. But, again, all but one section use weights (8-10lb) and one section uses discs or a gliding tool for your floor. If you are looking for a step or cardio only workout that is intense but does not use weights, I would suggest Cathe's Tabatacise workout. This is another workout that has five sections (all about 5 minutes long), and you can choose how many to do. Much of the cardio is done on the floor but a step is used as well. Another good one is Cathe's Cardio Slam workout, which was from her latest series (Strong and Sweaty). Again, it is mostly floor work, with one section using a 4" step. And it also uses 3-5lb weights in some areas. And then there is one of my all time favorites....Cathe's Intensity workout. It is 30 minutes step, 10 minutes high Impact HiiT, 10 minutes Low Impact HiiT, and also has a bonus Bootcamp section that is floor-based with light weights. Those are some suggestions!! But there are so many we could recommend (like some of Cathe's Bootcamp workouts), so please let us know if you have more questions!

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you get yourself checked out.....just to make sure you are okay. But those dizzy spells can't be good, especially with you driving to and from work every day. Please take care!

Laurie, so happy to hear the shower went well! I love that you had a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme. I bet that was so much fun. And knitting outside on a pretty Sunday after hosting your DD's bridal shower the day before sounds close to perfect! It's funny you have taken up knitting again after a long lay off. I just took up crochet again after years of nothing. I am working on a blanket. It is only about three inches wides right now (not even wide enough to be a scarf) so I have to get busy before winter hits! But it feels good to be doing something creative and crafty again. I watched the clips from last week's Cathe Live workout and Cedie is there!! I was happy to see her!! She looks great and was jumping high as always. Hope you enjoy Albuquerque next week. If you like Mexican food, Albuquerque has some great green chili!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

Weekend was good. I did go into work on Saturday for 3 hrs and then ran some errands. After that Bernie and I just hung out at the house, took him for a walk in the early am. while it was cool, yesterday started the HIGH REPS week with Muscle Endurance/BooTcamp “Combo” pre-mix. Today was Pyramid Upper and tonight I will head to BootCamp after work. So the A/C is still out ….. until this Wednesday! I thought forsure they would have it fixed by the time I went in on Saturday, but NO. So HOT and stuffy in here. It’s actually cooler outside right now and has fresh air. We now have fans everywhere throughout the building; one girl said it perfectly “its like we are sitting in an airplane on the hot runway with stuffy air circulating”. LOL

Amy: Such a great but loaded question of which would be good! There are so many. I think Laurel identified many great suggestions for you. X10 is definitely a great cardio with many pre-mixes and options. Plus a step routine in it as well; lots of variety loaded into one DVD forsure.

Thelma: Sorry to hear you were feeling sick, darn it. You have had a month of not the funnest times forsure. Hope today is better for you and you are able to get into your doctor. IT is definitely a first that the Friday Night Spin has been cxld since I have been going there. Surprised actually, but I know they have rules that if it is consistently low attendance they will cxl. So maybe that is why. Yes, Bernie loved the adventure although with the hot stuffy building he probably wondered why I brought him. I did put 2 fans on the floor for him to lay in front of. LOL Such a trooper he is! He just likes being with either DH or myself. So cute. Yes, DH is very fortunate that his job with the Title Company is also incorporated into his fishing business. HE has earned a lot of business from just taking people fishing and the regular customers look forward to it every year.

Laurie: YAY that the bridal shower went so well. I bet it was lot of work but even more fun and worth the effort! So good. Great job getting in Yoga Warrior. Thanks for the kudos on the workouts. Yes, summer is definitely when people skip spinning especially, they go on their bikes for a ride with all our amazing trails around here. So funny about your dog, Emma used to do that when we would take her to my in-laws property out in the country. She would have a hole the size of herself dug trying to get to them.

Laurel: So nice to hear you had some beautiful weather in AK! Great job getting in some golf with your hubby! WOW, impressive you only lost 1. I lost several that weekend I went and it isn’t a “rugged course” we were on. Fabulous workouts! Thanks to you and Laurie’s suggestions I have a nice plan this week for HIGH REPS. Doing Pyramid, Muscle Endurance and High Reps. Woo Hoo! I forgot how tough that Muscle Endurance workout is and mixed with the BC it made for an extra burn factor. Good stuff though. The Wednesday night is the busy Spin class year – round. Friday is always less and in the summer usually pretty low attendance. So not surprised really. Our weather cooled slightly but going back up by Thursday into the high 90’s and 100 for Fri – Sun. WHOA!!

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Felt much better today. I have an appointment with my rheumatologist on Wednesday @8:30. Tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, Jill Miller's Yoga Link: Shoulder Shape-Up. We are having really nice temps. Low 80's and low humidity. No FitTower DVD's yet!
    Remember that course I agonized over last year? Well the time to take the exam is August 2nd. CRAP! No one is prepared. We all forgot about it and now we have to study. I'm not going to kill myself. I don't even care if I don't pass. I have yet to start studying.

Laurie, I'm so glad your DD's bridal shower was a huge success! I love the Breakfast at Tiffany's theme! I bet your oldest looked beautiful!
    Sorry you hurt your knee again! It stinks when you have critters digging holes all over your yard. We have chipmunk holes all over the place it seems. Good idea to stick with yoga for now. Funny about Rocket being obsessed with the gopher. What a great idea to knit a dishtowel for your DD's home!
    How exciting about your trip to Albuquerque! Have you been there before? I've never been. I'm sure it will be super hot.

Laurel, glad you had a great weekend and got to play golf again! Wow I can't even begin to imagine the terrain at that golf course. How do houses survive being built on permafrost? WOW!
    Great workouts a always!!!!
    The dizzy spell are scary because in 2010 I fainted after I got out of the shower. I landed on the tiled on the tile floor and my head missed the glass shower doors by 1-2 inches. I made quite a sound when I hit the floor. DH who was sleeping at the other end of the hallway woke up and found me on the floor.

Tami, OMG! I can't believe they have you working with no AC! That is terrible! It's a good thing I took last Monday off because the AC broke and thankfully they fixed it the same day. People said it was very hot in the office. I can't believe how it feels for you guys if y
    haven't had a AC for days now. Can you do the work at home?
    Awesome workouts! I don't remember you ever saying anything about classes being cancelled at your gym. I'm sure Bernie loved going to work with you. Good idea to put the fans in front of him! Your DH has a perfect situation with his job!

I've had a tough month that is for sure.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

The knee is feeling good, and I'm loving my yoga! :D I had some comfortable DOMS this morning in my upper and lower body, so I know that even though I'm not doing intense cardio, I'm still getting in a good workout.
    This morning I did Yoga Warrior Versatile Warrior. In this series he has you hold the poses longer, and a lot of stretching happened. Last night I just didn't want to do anything, but I'm hoping to get some weight work in after I get home.

Laurel, Your golf weekend sounds wonderful, and I'm glad to hear that your weather is so nice too. That is a huge difference on that one hole. :o We have the heaving here, but not on that scale and it mostly affects roads. Great job with your workouts, you are really moving along with the rotation. LOL about the crossword puzzle during the breaks, they sure are long. That is funny that you took up your crocheting. I can crochet, but I'm way better at knitting. My mother taught me how to do both, and she also is an instructor at the senior center. She is making something for my dd's wedding present, so along with the quilt that dd has from her gma, she will also have something crocheted. I treasure the ones that she made me when DH and I first got married.

Tami, Great workouts, and I bet Bernie is loving those walks. It probably is nice to be out walking when it isn't so hot. I can't believe that the AC will take so long to get fixed. When we have our shutdown, the AC is turned off, and the air isn't moving. You co-workers description is perfect, that is exactly how it feels. I'm afraid that Rocket will try to make a hole as big as him if I let him. :D One day he was running around, and I think the gopher was actually playing with him. Rocket had his happy face on, so he sure thought so.

Thelma, Glad you are feeling better, and you got in a great workout. Dang on that course. Now you have to get yourself ready for that too. This gopher is using the down spouts drains to make his runs around our yard. The dang thing chewed holes into the plastic drain hose, so it's able to run through those since they are all underground. >:) I have never been to Albuquerque before, but DH has been there a couple of times. We have friends that live there, and will be staying with them. We are going down to the annual Oldsmobile Club of America car show. We are flying instead of driving. Last years experience was something that we didn't want to repeat again. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Had a fun workout today combining two Cathe Live workouts together. These were both from last year. I started with a workout called 'Legs on Fire', which was a good circuit/cardio leg workout. It reminded me a bit of LIHI Legs but whereas that workout alternated between Plyo and weights, this added a third element each round incorporating disc work. When the standing work ended, I went right into a workout called Cardio Boxing and Plyo Legs. This workout alternated cardio drills with upper body boxing drills and finished with Plyo drills and lower body work w/weights. I loved this workout! Cathe really upped the tempo of the music on this one, which really made it tough through the boxing sections. I like that because it really kept my heart rate up. This is the workout I wish MMA Boxing had been. I am curious to do it again but without another cardio-based workout leading into it to see if it still feels as challenging, but based on today I would chalk this up as one of Cathe's toughest boxing workouts cardiovascularly. And it was only 40 minutes long, which is a great plus! Anyhow, after that, I finished with the floor work from the first workout (about 10 minutes), and added on the abs from the Steong and Sweaty series as well as the flexibility work from Shaun T.'s Asylum series (Relief). All together it was right at 2 hours.

Tami, wowza on the workout Sunday!! I had to read it twice to make sure I read it right......High Reps and that ME/BC combo together!!! :o My arms would still be on my workout room floor! But there you go, following it up the next day with PUB! You are a machine. :) Great stuff! I can't believe your AC is still out. That has to be miserable. I bet you can't wait to get out of there at the end of the day, just for some fresh air. Hopefully it is up and running before the next hot spell.

Thelma, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better.....but also glad you have an appointment. I can't believe your test is in a few weeks! You would think they would give you a little more warning. Just what you needed......more stress. Great job with the workouts. Have you contacted Cathe yet about the DVDs? I would if I were you. You definitely should have received them by now. If I got mine in AK, you should have yours from two states over. Her people are pretty good about responding to emails from her site based on my experience with them.

Laurie, glad to hear your knee is doing better. Sounds like the yoga is just the ticket right now.....working your body well, taking care of your knee, etc. We get the frost heaves on the roads too, which is what made this golf course so interesting....seeing how it effects land. So weird! There is a bit of concern up here right now because the permafrost is melting causing more heaves, and so there are areas that are showing more damage to buildings and such than usual. Yesterday I was reading about Bethel, AK where they have had to demolish a building because of the damage done. :o Kind of alarming actually. My sister taught me to crochet, and I tried to teach myself how to knit......with the emphasis on the 'try'. :# I've thought about trying again now that I am older and more patient. I prefer the look of knitting to crochet, so I think I would like it.....if I could figure it out. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a great BootCamp class last night. It was tough but not brutal, and as promised …. No running. LOL :smile: No workout yet today, I got some extra zzzz’s this a.m. and hitting golf balls with my friend tonight; I think she is worried I may never go again. Maybe when I get home from there but we will see. Tomorrow is Pyramid Lower Body.

Thelma: So glad you are able to get into your doctor this week. Great job getting in your Bulk workout and Yoga shape-up. I can’t believe your DVD’s have not arrived yet. I am sure it will be any day now. OMG is right. IT has been so bad in here. Today is 84 outside so it makes it a little better, we have fans everywhere but one more day and it is supposed to be fixed. No, the programs we use are not installed on a home computer or via connecting by the internet, so only being here is how we can get our work done. Yikes on that course from last year ….. and now the test. Maybe you will know/remember more than you think.

Laurie: So good to hear you are loving your Yoga! Maybe high impact will be a thing of the past for you now that you are enjoying this so much. Feels kind of nice to have an evening of nothing sometimes and I bet your body enjoyed it too. Hope you are able to get in your weight work tonight. The part they had to order for our A/C is apparently back East. So tomorrow is supposed to be the magic day it gets here. We will see. So glad you guys are flying this year instead of driving to the car show and I bet you are too.

Laurel: Both of your workouts sound like a lot of fun! Way to go and sounds like you put in a LOOOONG training session today. Yes… 2 hrs. Holy Workout! No …. LOL, I started my “HIGH REPS” weeks with ME/BC combo only. Not High Reps prior or YES, my body would have been shaking like a leaf. Yes, it is pretty miserable and luckily today is our coolest day at 84; tomorrow it starts going back up and by Friday it will be high 90’s. They are supposed to be here tomorrow and/or the part arrives tomorrow. I crave fresh air forsure when I leave and with all the fans running it is loud, but I will take loud over passed out HOT.

Have a great evening ladies ~

Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I felt pretty good today. Tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Back, Treadmill, Stretching. I was really tired but forced myself to workout. I'm glad I did. I actually went heavier on some of the exercises which is wonderful.
    I actually started studying this afternoon. I'm doing a practice exam which had something insane like 65 questions. I didn't get very far as it was late in the day I actually remembered some stuff. I was reminded today that the test is 3 hours long! Somebody shoot me now please!

I don't know what happened with my Cathe DVD's. I am pretty sure I ordered them. I know I even posted here that it was Tami's fault for posting the links to the video clips. I can't find any proof that I ordered them. I don't know how I paid for them. I wonder if I didn't want to log in and went in as a guest. I just checked our paypal account tx history and there is nothing there. Anyway, I just ordered the 3 DVD's. I got 20% off and free shipping.

Laurie, I'm so glad your knee is doing better! Great job with those yoga workouts! I can't believe the gopher chewed holes into your drain hose! I guess it is well protected in those tunnels you installed for him! LOL.
    I hope you have a wonderful time in Albuquerque. Much easier to fly!

Laurel, what a combo! That Legs on Fire workout sounds really good! I'm glad you're enjoying that Cathe Live site so much!
    We knew the test had to happen by a certain date cause we had a voucher for the cost of the exam registration. We put it in the back burner due to other priorities and forgot about it. The day of the test will be 8/2. But you're right about the stress part. I don't need this right now.

Tami, great job with that BC class! Glad Katy kept her promise of no running and that you guys got a little relief with the temps!!
    They should install your software in laptops so you can work from home!
    I hope I remember more than I think I do for the test. My boss has been doing some of the practice exams and he says the instructions for some questions are over a page long. They are cases that you have to figure out how to answer.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well it is pouring buckets of water again, and we had flash flood warnings last night. This morning I walked into the basement, and was putting my DVD into the player. My stocking was wet! :o DH had forgotten to put the hose back into the yard after mowing the lawn, so all the water from the roof was in a place next to the house. The water went into the window well, and then into the basement. Good thing I had a waste basket next to the window, because the majority of the water ended up in the basket. I did manage to get in a workout this morning and did Yoga Warrior ~ Responsible Warrior. Interesting fact, since doing yoga everyday, my sleep has improved. I woke up last night, because DH's phone when off with the flash flood warning, and I went right back to sleep. :) According to my fitbit, my deep sleep time is improving.

Today we are suppose to have a picnic, softball, and rock/paper/scissor tournament for work. I of course will not be participating in the softball, we will see on the rps though. The fields should be super squishy today. :o

Laurel, I love the sound of that boxing workout! Glad that you enjoyed the combination of those two workouts together. Great job getting in your stretching too. Guess the yoga is the ticket for now, and I'm so glad that my knee feels better everyday with this. I just don't want to be limping at the wedding, and not enjoy dancing with DH. ;) I would imagine that the heaving really does damage buildings up there. There are a lot of youtube channels that teach knitting techniques. That may help you if you want to try to learn again. ;) I actually finished the dishtowel last night, so now I'm planning on making the complimentary dishcloth that goes with the towel. I love all the free patterns that are available on the internet.

Tami, Nice that you had a good boot camp class without the running. I'm guessing that Katy was happy to have you in the class again. Hope you had fun hitting those golf balls, and doing your lower body workout. We will see how this knee thing goes, and if I can do high impact after the wedding. Like I told Laurel, my goal is not to have any knee issues for the wedding. :o So yoga will be what it happening until that point. Must be a big part that is needed for the A/C, since it is taking so long. Probably has to go on a truck instead of a next day thing. We actually have rental A/C equipment hooked up to one of our buildings here at work, and it cost about 25K a month to run. The whole unit needs to be replaced, so that's why we have the rental. I'm very happy that we are flying this year, and renting a car when we get there. I want to go to the pistachio farm down there to get some nuts. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on the workout, and upping your weights! I can't imagine a test that goes for 3 hours, that is crazy. I like your attitude about it though, no need to stress out about it. ;) Well I'm glad that you got your DVD's at a discount. LOL, yes I guess we did install the gopher his underground access.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I started my workout, which was upper body, doing all the Muscle Meltdowns from the ICE series. :o Yowza am I feeling that! But I enjoyed it, and while it took nearly 90 minutes, it really flew by. For cardio, I did RWH Plyo HiiT Two into RWH Low Impact HiiT Two, which made for a good, manageable combo after all those weights.

Tami, glad you enjoyed your return to Bootcamp! Bet Katy was happy to see you back. Thanks for clarifying on your Sunday workout. This morning, as I was struggling through these Muscle Meltdowns, I was thinking to myself 'how did she do that?!?' No doubt you could, though!! Glad you are a little cooler right now, but fingers crossed they get that AC fixed today. Hot is bad enough. Hot and stuffy......unbearable!

Thelma, great workout! I totally relate about the Cathe DVDs. I do things like that all too often. But I am glad you got them on discount and with free shipping. Sounds like you, in essence, got them for the pre-sale price. A three hour test is no fun.....especially with those kinds of questions! Hope it is all behind you on August 3.

Laurie, yikes on the water! Glad to hear it didn't damage anything, though. But what a rude awakening. Sounds like a fun work day......if the weather cooperates. We have been gloomy and rainy for three days now, and I am ready to get some sunshine back, for sure. Sounds like a great plan to get through the wedding and then test the knee. You have so much going on in the next several weeks, the last thing you need to risk is further injury. And yay on sleeping better! Boy, if I wasn't already sold on increasing my yoga workouts, that just did it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So the driving range went pretty well considering I hadn’t touched my clubs since the big tourney at beginning of June. LOL It was the 2 ladies I took lessons with and myself. We sat outside afterwards and visited and had a refreshing beverage in the sunshine. This a.m. was Pyramid Lower Body and headed to Spinning after work.

Thelma: I absolutely remember you saying that it was my fault you ordered the new DVD’s, that you had just placed your order. LOL Glad you got the 20% off and free shipping, that’s great! Good job getting in your BB Bulk Back, treadie and a stretch despite being tired. OMG on that test. I still think you are going to do better than you think! Stay positive and do what you can do.

Laurie: Yikes on the flood warnings and all the rain! OMG, I bet you thought you guys were having a flood inside your house this a.m. so glad it was just the hose being left on. Great job again with the Yoga and very interesting but not surprising about the sleep improvement. Understandably you don’t want to be Mother of the Bride Gimping along so the Yoga and low impact is so great it is helping. How fun that you guys are having a picnic and softball today! At work? Hope the field ended up ok for you all.

Laurel: Love that you did all those! I have wanted to do that and just haven’t had the chance yet, but I would imagine it is a fantastic upper body workout! Way to WORK. Great job adding on your Plyo workouts after as well. I think Katy was happy to see me there forsure. Since I hit golf balls last night I missed Insanity so she might say something tonight at spin, we will see. LOL Update on the A/C. Currently they have a “patch” that literally just came on but it is just cooler. Which I will take at this point. The part they ordered didn’t fix it completely so now maybe Monday until the next part is here. Tomorrow thru Sunday is supposed to be HOT so hopefully something happens or we will be boiling in here on Monday a.m. again.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, quick update. No workout for me tonight. I saw the rheumatologist and it isn't a lupus flare up. I also have Sjogren's syndrome which basically dries up your moisture producing glands. This is my secondary autoimmune disease. He recommended I rinse my mouth with a mixture of baking soda and warm water twice a day. Also prescribed a med to help me produce saliva. It could have bad side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, blurred vision, drooling, frequent urination, runny nose. He told me to take it when I'm home and never during a long flight/car ride. There are no meds specifically for Sjogren's. I read today that it affects older women more! Oh GREAT! In 2010 when I was diagnosed I had dry mouth but I hadn't had it since then. I guess I need to learn to live with this. I read too that drinking milk with meals helps. Milk helps with the moisture it seems. It doesn't say what kind of milk. Full fat? I only drink skim and I can't remember when was the last time I drank milk.

It's been raining like crazy! Flood watch warnings all over the place. This is why I got home so late and I had to stop at CVS to get my meds.

Something happened at work that totally made my day. Remember I was so upset about the guy at work who is clueless and made me lose my patience? Now every time I set up meetings with him to present his work I have to include his boss and another co-worker. Well the idiot did it to his own boss! It was a thing of beauty! LOL. She was so frustrated and didn't lose like I did but she was huffed and puffed throughout the meeting. She didn't realize she was doing it until after the meeting and I told her. I said I loved it because I knew that you were as frustrated as I was last week. She talked to my boss about the guy's work and I guess she isn't impressed. Remember how I agonized about taking the manager's position? She took it! LOL. I kept telling her that dealing with the people problems was horrible. She got all the problem people too.

YOu're all doing awesome workouts ladies!

Laurie, you're getting the rain too! We had a 'diversity day' thing outdoors today and they had to bring it inside because of the rain! That was a close call with your basement!

Laurel, I thought I had gotten the workouts at the presale price too but didn't bother to look up the price. I hope I do better than I think I can on that exam. I hope they let me drink water since I have dry mouth I need to keep drinking water.

Tami, glad you haven't lost your golf mojo! Good job! All I can think of is that I didn't submit the order when I thought I ordered the DVD's first.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma