Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another busy weekend, but at least it was more enjoyable than the past few. Saturday we spent in the garden, cleaning out the boxes, moving them, and, finally planting some flowers and veggie plants. I don't know how they will do, but it just looks so nice to have some color and signs of life around the house. We were finishing around 9:00pm Saturday night in light sprinkles....and it hasn't stopped raining yet. But I have a feeling when the sun comes out tomorrow, those are going to be some happy, well fed plants! Anyhow, because of the rain yesterday, we went into Fairbanks and actually had a nice day looking through some shops for some little items for the house. The town was pretty empty, so despite the fact I am not a natural shopper.....it was really relaxing.

I took Saturday off from my workouts, as usual. I am in lower/upper week, so yesterday I started with Lean Legs and Abs, and did the premix with the barre included. For cardio I did X10 Step into Athletic Step. My mind wandered so much during that latter workout that when we got to the part of putting all the combos together, I thought I had skipped a section! I hadn't, but suffice it to say.....the workout seemed to fly by. :) Today was Ramped Up Upper Body, and I did the double premix where you do each body part once and then repeat them again (as opposed to doing each body part twice before moving on to the next body part). MUCH preferred this doubled premix to the other one, which feels like a bit of an overload. This one didn't and, in fact, I wish I had gone heavier in some areas the second time through. So I will definitely do this premix again when I have time. For cardio, I did RWH Plyo HiiT Two and One premix and RWH Core 1. Good, tough stuff today.

Everything is set to close on the house tomorrow. I am still having a hard time wrapping my mind around it, but I will be happy when it is done. A part of me has still been in Florida since we left, and it is time to let that go. I have no idea how long it will be before we have our own home again. I suppose my pessimism comes from the fact it took us 24 years to get that first one. I guess I can't see buying our second house in another 24 years at 76yo! But I suppose stranger things could happen.

Tami, hope all went well with the tournament this weekend! I can't believe you have another instructor already for that class. But at least it still sounds like it is a class still worth going to. But that has to be a little frustrating.

Thelma, hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation!! Relax and enjoy! B)

Laurie, sounds like another productive weekend, though I am sorry the knee acted up a bit. Happy that seems to be only temporary though. I am thinking about you this week with the US Open there. DH and I had made reservations to attend it last year at this time. Even then it was tough to get a hotel room. But, alas, we had to cancel (of course). Hope you can stay out of the mess. Having gone to a few tournaments now, I know just how bad traffic can be from them.

Becky, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,456 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well my workout didn't happen yesterday, because a really bad storm was headed our way, and my head was pounding. :( Once the storm came through it went away. The rain sure was a pleasant relief after the heat and humidity we had yesterday. Our cooling systems at work are showing their age, and I had to put out an emergency purchase order for a rental unit. This should be an interesting thing, since this is a rooftop unit on a truck. :o This is what happens when people up top put important purchases off until next year, and then next year has over 90 deg temps in June. ;) This morning I pulled out Push Pull, so love this workout.

Laurel, You had a productive Saturday, and I hope that those plants love the soaking that they received. Glad that you enjoyed your shopping trip also. Awesome job with the workouts! Good to know about the premix, it does sound like a more doable option. You give those muscles a break before coming back at them again for another round. Will be thinking about you today as the closing process happens, just know that the family buying it is probably very excited about their new purchase. ;) Right now they are doing practice sessions, but from what I understand Thursday will be when it really starts getting busy around here. They have hotels booked all the way to Madison and Wausau! I remember when you and your DH went to the one while you where in FL. They should have some really nice weather, with early morning showers and the rest of the day clear.

Tami, Hope you are getting your workouts in, and work isn't keeping you to busy.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided to focus on some Cathe Live workouts for my strength workouts over the next few days. So today I did her most recent live workout which was High Step Legs and Core. This was definitely an endurance workout and lots and lots of reps. But I really enjoyed it. Then I felt like a long cardio session.....so I did my favorite, which is Rock'm Sock'm Doubled with the Blizzard Blast. Loved it!

Laurie, sorry to hear about the headache, though I am sure the rain was much appreciated. We got quite the soaking yesterday afternoon as well and, finally, the grass is showing signs of life. Everything else around is lush and green except for the grass. I hope you get some cooling relief at work. I heard there was a heatwave across the Midwest, so I hope you can get something in place in case it is going to be that kind of summer. Great workout. I enjoy that one for a short, straight-forward and effective workout.

Closing is done on the house. Relieved that everything went so smoothly.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you yesterday. I ended up filling in for our Front Desk girl for 3 hours! OMG. Then raced back to my desk to “catch up” needless to say I was behind all day, but luckily was caught up enough I was able to leave on time. Went to BootCamp and she surprised us all with RUNNING as part of the workout, in the last half hour. Dang it. Started out as a great leg workout with using exercise off the bench, reminded me a lot of a Cathe leg workout and then she mixed in heavy squats, push-ups – go run a lap around the building, repeat but add laps and more reps and more push-ups. Whatever that on again off again pain is I get in my achillies/ankle area always hurts when I run now. Then it simmers down and is fine; just that push-off. So needless to say, it wasn’t exactly fun for me. This a.m. was Ramped Up Upper Body. No workout tonight.

The weekend was good, Golf on Saturday was a very loooooooooong day. I did “ok” along with the other newbies in our group. Luckily my friend’s husband golfed with us and helped us at every single hole and every shot; which club how far, etc…. He was an amazingly patient and helpful hubby! I did have a couple of really nice drives. One was only 10 yards away from being longest drive for the women for the day. I had no idea until Scott told me I was that close. I need a lot more outings forsure and my short game is terrible. LOL But I hope to do 9 holes instead of 18. It just got to be a little discouraging. We had a dinner and auction afterwards so we didn’t get home until 8:30 p.m. after leaving the house at 7:45 a.m. I didn’t workout that morning but I did get up on Sunday and did PHA Training to start my SuperSets week. Seemed like a good one to start with.

Laurie: Good to hear your knee did ok after a good night sleep! Sounds like a busy weekend. Great job getting in your KCM Stepboxing #1 and the Yoga too! Sorry about the headache yesterday a.m. Glad you were able to get in your Push Pull workout! Spin was a good one on Friday. I was nervous for Saturday so it helped get my mind off of it. Another thing with golf I didn’t realize until the night before. You need to pack some serious snacks! OMG Luckily I ran to WalMart at 7 a.m. before we left and bought some protein bars but that is all I had after breakfast was 1 Quest bar and a little trailmix. I was starving. Future: brining my soft cooler with Tami food inside. LOL

Laurel: Sounds like you accomplished a lot at your home over the weekend! That is so great and still making it a “home” for you both. Which is so nice. Fantastic job with your workouts! Gotta love the Ramped Up Upper Body workout! I love that dbld pre-mix as well. Just didn’t have the time this a.m. Congrats on the closing of your home. I know it was probably a little sad as well, but yay that it all went smoothly and no stress there. Or at least not as much as it can be sometimes. :smile:

In the rotation we are doing, what do you feel is the difference between High Reps and Super Sets? I am loving the variety of using whatever I wish but feel like the weeks are similar. Next week would be my alternating upper & lower but seems similar to this week in how I have it structured?!?! Does that make sense? I guess …. If you weren’t doing STS what programs would you do for High Reps as opposed to SuperSets? Any suggestions is much appreciated ..... you too Laurie! :smile:

Hi Becky & Thelma ~

Talk to you ladies tomorrow,
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last night I did yoga, and I did 10lb Slimdown Yoga. I really enjoy the way Chris Freytag puts a yoga workout together. This morning I did 30 Day Shred Level 1 and Cathe's Total Body Stretching - Basic Stretch.

Laurel, Sounds like a really good workout. You really are making me want to start my subscription back up again. ;) Glad that you could enjoy your favorite premix of kickboxing also. Nice that the closing went so smoothly also. Yes we did have high temps, but surprisingly it was offset by wind. So even though it was hot, we where able to work outside all day on Saturday, and the wind took care of cooling us off. I'm always surprised at the DOMS I feel after doing Push-Pull, because you really don't feel like you over worked those muscles that much. ;) I guess using the right amount of weight also helps.

Tami, Oh No! She got you running, but dang on the achillies/ankle that had to be painful for that portion of the class. Awesome job on the upper body workout. You have to fill in for a lot of different people when they are not there. Guess you learn a lot about the company doing that much filling in. I can only imagine how hungry you where after that long of a time with only protein bar and trail mix. Glad that you had such a patient person helping you out, that really does help when the people understand that you needed the guidance. S90D & XTrain (None Burn Sets) are superset workouts. Even though you do a different exercise each round in XTrain, it still is a superset type workout but can be considered high rep also. Each round has an exercise for the muscle groups you are working on, so that is why I have put these workouts in as a superset. S90 workouts are true supersets. Hope that helps.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's Cathe Live workout was one from February--Upper Body Challenge with Ball. This was another endurance-based workout, so it complemented the leg workout from yesterday (a leg workout that has given me some pretty good DOMS, btw :) ). I feel like I am repeating myself with these Cathe Live workouts, but this was another good one. I matched Cathe's weights throughout and could have gone a little heavier on a few. But my arms felt nicely worked at the end. For cardio, I did LIS Low Impact Challenge, which was a nice reasonable break after yesterday's marathon workout. Then I found a few Cathe DVD workouts I don't have on her OnDemand site--Total Body Stretching. So I did her Total Body Stretching--Basic.

Tami, not good on the return of running camp. I am sorry to hear that. Those achilles issues are tough.....and painful. I have recommendations for how to manage it, though. I know mine flairs up if I do a lot of step workouts, and it comes from me not putting my heel down as I get off the step (I have a tendency to want to stay on my toes), so better form does help. But running.....is just tough. Glad to hear you had an okay time at the tournament......and somebody was there to help you manage it. Golf is frustrating for the most seasoned professional, so don't get too upset with yourself for feeling a bit discouraged. After all, that sounds like a ludicrously long day. No doubt I would have been frustrated by noon!! Hopefully you can go out and play in a less stressful situation and just enjoy it for what it is.....a nice time outside in a pretty place. The golf, to me, especially at the beginning, was always secondary to the experience of just being out with my DH for the day. Anyhow, Laurie gave you some great answers about SuperSets. If I wasn't using STS, my High Reps weeks would include Cathe workouts like Pyramids, CTX Upper Body sections and Leaner Legs, Muscle Endurance, Power Hour and High Reps. For SuperSet week, I would use workouts like her Supersets workout (the one from her Body Blast series), XT Discs 1 and 2 (as Laurie recommended), and even her Push/Pull workout, 4DS workouts, Total Body Giant Sets and PHA. For Strong, Imwould use Slow and Heavy, LIHI, and XT Burn Sets (as examples).

I understand why you feel the weeks are repetitive, though. That is why, during the circuit week, I have a tendency to do circuits that combine cardio and weights. For instance, this last time I did circuits, I focused on Cathe's Boot Camp workouts. (I add one body part per day for a little extra strength training......just because). But that makes the circuit week feel very different to anything else. The benefit in doing STS is that for the Strong, High Reps and Supersets weeks, I am doing upper body split routines (I don't do all the upper body in one day), which makes those weeks feel different from upper/lower, because in the upper/lower week, I do total upper body workouts. So, for instance, if you were doing Muscle Endurance for High Reps week, you could do the chest, shoulder and triceps in one session, the lower body premix in another and then back, bicep and abs. If that makes your workout shorter than you like, you can always do each part doubled. :) Just some thoughts. I think one of the reasons I am so stuck on doing STS in this rotation is it does make it easier to just plug and play......and the two non-STS weeks allow me to do something completely different......even if I stick to strength-only workouts for circuits (which I might do next week!)

Laurie, yay on the yoga! Can't believe we did the same Cathe stretching workout! I don't have any idea when those workouts were even released! It was nice for me to see I don't actually own all of Cathe's workouts. :p I have to admit......I am loving my Cathe subscription right now. I don't know how long I will stick with it, but, right now, I am enjoying trying these new workouts. There may come a time when I am inclined just to stick with what I am familiar with, but the variety right now is fun, especially with this LGI8 rotation. But it isn't cheap, so I am trying to make sure I get my money's worth out of it right now. I agree that the secret with Push/Pull is really lifting as heavy as you can.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel

• lvnascar
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work because I had my hair colored and trimmed. It doesn't hurt that I was able to visit with my youngest also. ;) This morning I did 30MTF Train Like a Contender Boxing workout.

Laurel, Love your workout combo! A lot of those live workouts use weights, and they are so different from her DVD's. The cost is one of the reasons that I stopped my subscription. If it was priced like Beachbody at $99 for the whole year, I would be on that subscription without a problem. It is funny that we did the same stretching workout. That is one of my favorites for a lower body stretch. I have had that one forever, and the other workout that she sold with that set. If I remember correctly, the STEP company was promoting a new step and the Low Impact Step DVD was included with the step. Cathe offered the DVD's without the step, and I purchased them even though they really are beginner workouts. I should have probably pulled them out when I was dealing with my knee. ;) I might be ready to get back into the LGI8 program again, but I think that when it calls for the high intensity workout, I will have to do lower impact with high intensity. I have found a few workouts on youtube that might work. Have you seen the clips from Beachbody with some new ShaunT workouts that are only available on BOD? They look really good, and the modifier is doing all low impact (no jumping), but her moves make her breathless. :o

Tami, Hope your week is going well.

Becky, I'm sure your summer is busy with the kids out of school. Hope that you are having a good time so far.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Yet another crazy day at work! I came to work with a completely FULL in box; it was like the Monday a.m. when the Title Officers work over the weekend. One of them had stayed late on Tuesday, so hence. A FULL day of work. I did eventually catch up by about 2:00 after no lunch break. Just ate at my desk. DH and I met some friends for dinner Tuesday evening, which was fun. No a.m. workouts the last 2 mornings …. Sleep has been a much needed item on my list. So last night I went to Spinning …. OH and Katy called me out “AGAIN” on not being there Tues. She said the people who were at BootCamp on Monday didn’t have to run, so if I would have been there no running. LOL She asked me if that is why I didn’t go. I told her we had dinner plans but I probably should have said “yes” that is why. Tonight I will head to the STRONG class and I hope to get up in the a.m. Sheesh, what is my deal!

Laurie: Excellent job getting in your CF Yoga then Shred and another Stretch! Good job this a.m. as well. Glad you were able to visit with your DD and of course get your hair all prettied up! Double fun there. Yes, I definitely do fill in for a few people. Which can be a little hectic at times. I am nervous because tomorrow afternoon and Monday the lady in the “part time” dept I work in (Long Term Escrow Dept.) is going to be gone. YIKES. I can only do what I can do is what I will tell myself. Alleviate some pressure. Thank you SO MUCH for your advice on the rotation. I knew you guys would be able to direct me. I’ve been kind of referring back to our previous rotation and what you started with, etc. So this helps a bunch and S90 wouldn’t be too bad at all to bring out. That new Shaun T sounds like it would be excellent for you!

Laurel: Sounds like you got in an amazing workout yesterday! YAY glad you are liking those LIVE workouts so much. Thank you for all of your words of wisdom on the golf. . . . and yes, I am mostly taking it up and or trying it I should say again so that DH and I have one thing we can go together, that he enjoys and it isn’t just fishing. LOL I would love to hear your advice on the Achilles; I do wonder if I run off my balls of feet – toes area. I tried the other night to push off from my heal as well. Weird that I can do anything else but that. IT does get stiff randomly but hurts only during running.
    Thank you as well for your ideas on the LGI8 rotation and the differences. This will help in me moving forward! Love the variety forsure as I have said, but trying to decide on week-to-week when it feels so similar. So again, thank you, this should help.

Hi Becky ~ hope you are having a great week!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I took the intensity of my workouts up a notch today, which felt good. I started with another Cathe Live workout, but one I have done before. This was Lower Body Bootcamp. After two tries, I would put this in my top 3 favorite non-STS Cathe leg workouts ever. It is straight-forward with just a high step, weights and a mat for equipment. The format is great with three leg exercises followed by core for six rounds. There are only two floor exercises. And even though the weights are moderate (10-15lbs), my legs were done at the end. I understand why she wouldn't put this on DVD because there is nothing new about it......and I think that is one of the reasons I love it so much. Anyhow, I followed it with a toughie for me.....IMAX3.

Laurie, sounds like a good way to spend your evening--de-aging with DD. It's interesting about those stretching DVDs because I have the Low Impact Step workout as well as another beginner/intermediate workout she did with the high step. I think that workout came out with High Step Training. But I must have just chosen to blow off the stretching workouts. :o Very typical me, unfortunately. :# I haven't looked at any clips from those Shaun T. workouts. I didn't want to be tempted to get Beachbody On Demand as well. ;) But I will say that I used the low impact modifier for some Insanity Max 30 workouts a couple years ago when I tweaked my knee, and it was still a fantastic workout. I love that he has that option with his newer workouts because I feel, over time, when I can't take that really high impact, I can at least still workout with Shaun T. Glad to hear your knee is still improving.

Tami, sorry to hear about all the work! I imagine your day flies by.....but leaves you exhausted. I wouldn't worry about missing your morning workouts right now. If you are tired, just listen to your body. You've not only had a busy but a tough couple of months. It catches up sometimes. Sounds like Katy is figuring out there is an issue with running.....and it isn't just with you! About my achilles, the weirdest thing about it is how it comes and goes. One day I will have such limited mobility in it I can hardly walk. The next day I am jumping around. And the change doesn't seem to be based on anything, though I have noticed at times that walking does seem to help loosen it up. But, as I said yesterday, I can keep it away as long as I don't do too many consecutive step workouts (especially at an 8inch height), and focus on putting my heel down. So the only recommendation I would have is that it could be your form when running. Sorry I can't help more! Thelma has all these wonderful healing suggestions and the best I can offer is 'hobble around until it stops hurting'. B)

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,557 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! We're back. We got home around 2:30 pm, changed, started laundry and ran to the basement to workout. I did Rock'm Sock'm Kickboxing for workout 1. Then later on I decided to try one of my new KCM workouts. I went for Body Design. It has 6, 15 minute workouts to chose from. She has some pretty good premixes. I went with a weighed cardio and a lower body workout. Very nice workouts. I think my legs and glutes will feel the workout tomorrow. Kelly added a little barre segment to the leg workout and she does it with ankle weights on. That was pretty cool. I decided to add on her yoga segment and I quit half way through it because it became boring. She had a set of poses which she proceeded to repeat over and over again! BORING!

DH and I had a wonderful time. We both needed a vacation. Unfortunately our vacation didn't turn out the way we planned it but all that matter is that we were together. On Sunday our 2017 BMW 300 (?) started to tell us that one our tires needed air. We gave it air and the message wouldn't go away. That was because we couldn't figure out who to do a 'reset'. I wanted to stop in Sidney (the only place where we could find an Avis in the the entire island) but DH decided to keep going north to Cape Neil's. BIG mistake. The next morning the tire had lost a lot of air. At that pint we had to go find somebody to fix the tire. Turns out the tire had been patched before and it was a huge hole. The very nice mechanic patched it for us for 18 Canadian dollars. Then we had to drive 2 hours to Sydney Airport to get a new car. DH lucked out cause he got to try two 2017 cars! We got a Chrysler 300 which he loved. Not impressed with the BMW.
    Our vacation turned out to be a car vacation. OMG I needed to move so badly!!! Sunday was a travel up north day. Monday was the car replacement day but got a tiny hike in to see some waterfalls. Tuesday, the day we finally headed out for a hike it rained so we couldn't do the hike we wanted to do. We drove to the other side of the island and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Finally in the afternoon we were able to do two trails. Wednesday was a travel back south day and today we flew back home. We had a good time. Our cottage was great. The view from our bed was the ocean. The view from the kitchen/living room was the ocean! It was so calming! We had seafood for dinner every night. Good stuff but I ate way too much.

Ladies, you have been doing amazing workouts! Good job!
    Laurie, glad your knee recovered after that flareup and that your headache went away. Good job gardening too

Laurel, congrats on the sale of the house and for finishing your landscaping project!

Tami, sorry you've been so busy with work! Great job with that golf day! Go easy on yourself, you will get better the more you play! About your Achilles tendon - When I go for walks I get Achilles/plantar fascia pain. It's as if my calves and Achilles tendon are tight. You would think the way I stretch my calves and massage them and my feet I wouldn't feel that but I do. It would be nice if you knew ahead of time if running would be involved in the class so you could stretch properly. All I can think of is that your calves are tight. That push off is the problem for me too. I don't run but I like to walk fast. My solution is to stretch my calves before I start walking and have to start walking slow for a few minutes. Now that you have golf balls I would take one to massage the soles of your feet with it. I do it while standing. Put as much weight as possible and move your foot back and forth. Concentrate on the heel too. The ankle part is probably because your fascia might be tight. All that stuff is connected, fascia, Achilles, calves, ankle. Stretch your calves well. If you have any of those massage rolling pin tools use it to massage your lower leg, include the calves and the sides.

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in a short yoga with Chris again, and GHUTV Yoga Flow. I'm finding lot's of good options for the low impact, so I think that I can get a good rotation going. This morning was 30MTF Home Gym Intervals Workout 1, really do get the hr up on that one.

Tami, You are one busy lady at work, and it doesn't appear that it will let up soon. LOL on Kati calling you out, like Laurel said it does sound like she is catching on to your not wanting to run. ;) Good job getting in the classes that you are able to, and can really understand wanting to get in your rest. That is just as important as your workouts. Glad I could give you some good info on the supersets, I think the S90 workouts are a good thing to pull out too. I will probably incorporate them also. Now that I tried out the Push-Pull, I'm going to do that one again. Even though my workout area looks like a tornado hit it at the end of the workout, it was fun to do.

Laurel, Really does sound like a great workout choice, now for the Imax3 :p , that one you can have fun with. :D The highest Max workout I will go, it going to be LowMax! :D That is good to know about the Max 30 workouts, I was wondering about those. My sister will let me in on her BBOD, so I can try it out. If I like it I will probably sign up for my own subscription. Oh you might be right on when that stretching workout came out, I'm really glad that I purchased that one. They are short but effective stretches.

Thelma, Awesome job with your workout! Glad to hear that you are back safe. Now I do understand about a vacation with car issues, but you had a rental, so that is even more annoying. Your cottage views sound wonderful, and I'm glad that both you and your DH had a chance to relax.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ladies, if you like sporty capri pants for the summer time check out the Kohl's Sonoma Goods for Life brand. They're made in the softest/silkiest of cotton material.
    Laurel, I bought the regular in my size and they fit me as pants which is what I was going for. The hems are folded up for a cuffed look which means extra length.

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Finished the week off with some good workouts. I started with Cathe Live Upper Body Bootcamp. This was my second time through with this one, and I went a little heavier today than I did the first time (which was when we were still living in a hotel). It has been a couple hours since I finished it, and my arms are still tired! Good stuff. For cardio, I did Party Rockin' Step 1--66 minute premix. Good fun.

Thelma, welcome back! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time away despite rental car issues. DH and I have had our share of rental car problems, and it is so frustrating. Like you, our worst was in a very remote location, except our car ran out of oil.....in remote Norway. Not good. We got SO lucky because we happened upon a small shop literally all alone on the road....and they had oil. DH checked the oil on our rentals for years after that experience. Great work on the workouts! Bet they felt good. Thank you for the Kohl's recommendation. I will be in Denver in a month to see my sisters and have already let them know Kohl's is a must! But, sadly, I think I will be looking for winter clothes. :|

Laurie, glad you are finding some good workouts to help you as you recover from this injury. Yes, IMAX3 is a tough one and has a big dread factor for me. Once I am in it......I am fine with it. But I really have to talk myself into that one, that's for sure. I will be curious of your impressions of BBOD. It looks like they have an increasing number of workouts that are On Demand only. But my experience with BB workouts is a little hit and miss, so I am not sure if I would use it as much as I would like. So if you do try it, let us know what you think.

Tami, hope you are well and get some much needed down time this weekend.

Becky, hope you had a good week.

Off to town to get my hair cleaned up. I am letting it grow back out and it is at that stage where it is driving me crazy! Hope I come home looking a little more 'assembled' this afternoon. :) Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ..... Happy Friday!

I will try and check in this afternoon. :smile:

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I managed to get two workouts in today again! YAAAY! I did FUN 3 Mile Walk/Dance workout with Keaira LaShae and Jessica Smith's Standing Pilates and Lunge Free Lower Body. I did the lower body workout with the ankle weights on. I have glute, lower abs and thigh DOMS. I noticed that Jessica has a bunch of knee friendly workouts.
    Did cardio and lower body today because my shoulders were a little sore from yesterday's workout

Busy day today for us. Lots of errands to run including dropping my Jeep at the dealers so they could check the radio out. The satellite radio worked on the way to the dealers! Once we got there DH had me turn the engine off and back on. Once we did that the satellite radio stopped working. The technician worked on the radio for a long time but couldn't figure it out. A new radio has been ordered. Of course it is back ordered! We got very heavy rain this afternoon!

Laurie, great job with the yoga workouts! I'm glad you've found good, low impact rotation options!

Laurel, awesome workouts today! Wow! That upper body bootcamp workout sounds like a killer!
    Working out felt good after being so sedentary for 5 days! OMG you guys were lucky to have found a shop that had oil! I hope you can find good winter stuff at Kohl's when you're there. Eddie Bauer sells flannel lined jeans in case you want to check them out.

Tami, I hope you don't have to work this weekend!

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. I managed to get two workouts in the last few days which was wonderful. I tried Barre workouts and I'm really enjoying them. I love the thigh and ab DOMS I have.
    Saturday I did 30 MTF Body Design-Weighted Kickboxing & Upper Body Strength and Jessica Smith's Barre Butt, Hips & Thighs. Today I was able to ride my spinning bike for the first time in a long time. I hadn't been able to do it since I developed the plantar fasciitis. I also did Jessica Smith's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt. My left foot is feeling a little bit irritated so I will sleep with the boot on. I hope to be able to incorporate more Barre workouts into my routine.
    Tomorrow I will continue with my BB routine.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Saturday was an off day for me, spent the time creating the bridal shower invitations. They look really well, considering that I'm a novice at this card making business. My sister helped, since she is an avid scrap book creator. Sunday I did Power Yoga for Happiness Happy Hips. This morning was S&S Giant Sets.

Laurel, Awesome workouts, and glad that you could increase the weight. I'm sure that made the workout even better with the right weight mix. That Imax 3 workout was one that I could never talk myself into after a while, so I sold it to someone that was more appreciative of having the workout. I knew that I would never do it again. ;) DH and I where just at Kohl's on Sunday, and I picked up three new skorts for our trip to NM in July. I just love those things. I will let you know about the BBOD. I talked to my sister about it this weekend, and she is working with a coach to help her. If it would help her, I would join just to help support her. She has had weight issues since the birth of her two kiddo's.

Tami, I would hazard a guess that you got busy in the Friday PM. Hope you had a fantastic weekend.

Thelma, Your workouts sound like a lot of fun, and great job getting in two of them. I'm planning on doing some type of Jessica workout when I get home tonight. I will have to check some of those out, the lower body one sounds good. Good thing your DH thought to shut the engine off, it would have been annoying to get there and the dang thing was working. ;) Sorry to hear that the thing is back ordered, now you will have to wait longer. It sounds like this might be an issue with that radio. Nice that you are finding some good barre workout to try out, the lower body is really getting some good attention from those if you have some thigh DOMS. ;) Dang on the foot though. :(

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Yes, you guessed correctly Laurie! I was super busy on Friday, filling in at that other department, back and forth all afternoon and today is all day. YIKES! I did come in yesterday to get caught up from Friday and then also do a bunch of files from one of the Title Officers that came in on Saturday. SOOOOOOO glad I came in. For my well being today mostly. We had my step son and his girlfriend come over yesterday for father’s day and BBQ'd, then my in-laws drove over for just a little while so they could see everyone. It was nice but I was ready to just relax before today started. I did get in a great workout on Saturday however, Metabolic Total Body followed by the Blizzard Blast. Today will be either BootCamp after work or I will head home for my workout. I think DH will be busy outside so I can have the workout area. We will see!

Thelma: WooHoo on getting in some workouts! I bet it felt so good despite the DOMS but I bet those felt good as well, knowing you had worked your muscles. Good news that a new radio for your Jeep is on its way. That will be nice forsure. Thanks for the wishes on “no work” … didn’t happen but at least it was only a few hours. The OT is nice on my paycheck these days. Just tiring. I did stretch my calf really good the other day and foam rolled it too before and after my workout! Again, its usually the running that hurts or aggravates it but I think a continual dose of this can’t hurt anything. Thank you again for the recommendation.

Laurie: That sounds like a lot of fun making those invitations! I love making cards. Just never really have enough time these days. I bet they turned out amazing. Great job getting in your Yoga on Sunday and Giant Sets today.

Laurel: Sounds like you are really enjoying those Cathe LIVE workouts! So good. My rotation this week will be upper/lower alternating. I'm going to look at your guys suggestions for the following weeks and see what I can put together. Thank you again for that.

Hi Becky :smile:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. It was pretty rainy on Saturday, but we got some more stuff around the house, which was nice. Yesterday the sun came out....and we finally got to golf!! It was wonderful! We played on a course at the local army base, and it was beautiful. Really enjoyed just being outside like that again. I played okay, which helped too.

I worked out both days this weekend. Saturday was X77, which is always tough. Sunday I did LIHI Chest four times through, followed by RWH Core 2. For cardio, I did Kick Max. Today was LIHI Shoulders x 4, followed by another Cathe Live workout. This one was Athletic Conditioning, and she described it as being like LIS Athletic Training. It has been forever since I have done Athletic Training, so I can't really compare them, but I enjoyed this workout. For flexibility, I did P90X Stretch, which is so good.

Tami, sorry to hear about another busy weekend with work, but at least you got a good workout in on Saturday. I think I have fallen into a rut with my workout regime, and these Cathe Live workouts are actually getting me to try different things (like today's workout). I think I will stick with them for awhile for that reason alone. I can't figure out why I can't convince myself to do the same thing with my DVDs, but, for whatever reason, I can't. Maybe this will correct that issue too.

Thelma, great workouts! Sounds like you have really hit the ground running since you got back. That is unfortunate news about your radio being on backorder, but I am glad you figured out that it working was only temporary before you left the dealer!

Laurie, I bet making those invites was fun. I am not a naturally crafty person, but I really enjoy doing things like that when I can.....and when I have somebody to help me figure it out! Great workouts. I need to revisit that yoga workout. It is so good.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, Jill Miller's Yoga Link: Shoulder Shape-Up. First day back at work and it turned out to be a long one. I forgot to mention that KCM does these single arm deeps on the Body Design DVD. I'd never done those before but were definitely a nice challenge.
    My feet are better. I think I over did it with the barefoot workouts.
    I'm starting to think that the issue with my satellite radio service has to do with cloudy days. It's as if the signal can't get to me when it's cloudy. This morning it was super cloudy and the service didn't work. I parked in a sunny location today and the service worked in the PM! This is not the first time I've seen this since I got that stupid software update.

Laurie, good job with those workouts and for making the bridal shower invitation cards! When is the shower? I really enjoyed those Barre workouts. Definitely check the knee friendly workouts. I really liked how KCM did Barre moves with the ankle weights. That is how I got the leg DOMS. I liked Jessica's standing ab barre workout too and I believe this is the reason why my abs were a little sore.

Tami, glad you had a good weekend. Sorry you had to work though. At least you get overtime pay. Great workouts!!
    The DOMS felt good and are also the reason why I feel that I need to incorporate more Barre type workouts into my routine. The issue with your foot is tough because it's not like you can take your time by starting to run slowly. I think it's time to admit to Katy that you're skipping her class because the running is hurting your foot. Keep doing the calf stretch!
    Unfortunately I don't think I have a radio issue. I think the software update I got two weeks ago introduced this bug.

Laurel, awesome combos!!! I'm so glad you got to play golf! The radio thing is unfortunate. I hope it doesn't take long to get here and I hope that the issue I'm having is resolved with a new radio.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma