Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,446 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did Jessica Smith's Butt, Hip and Thigh workout on youtube. It was a good one, and since it was short it gave me enough time to get a nice dinner ready. This morning was GHUTV Vinyasa Flow Yoga, always enjoy that one. Chris gives so many good pointers in this one.

Tami, Glad to hear that you where able to get in an ICE workout (love that one), in-between all the business of work. Nice that you had some visitors for Father's Day, even though you where tired from your week. Hope your workout yesterday was good either with the class or your at home workout. The invites did turn out really nice, and I walked to the post office here at work. It was a good thing that I went when I did, because we had a thunderstorm after I got back. ;)

Laurel, Yay on getting in some golf, I bet it was nice to be out just walking around. Apparently the PGA really enjoyed being at Erin Hills, so they will be back again for a different event in the future. I even watched the last day on TV, there was some really great golfing happening. I usually don't watch, because it is just boring. Just wish that it wasn't Joe Buck that was doing the commentary. :p Awesome job with the weight work, how do those body parts feel after doing the workouts 4 times each? I have not done Athletic Training in a while either, but glad that your live workout was a good one. Nice stretch routing also, just love that one too. I really need to work on my hips, so am really looking at those yoga/stretching routines that concentrate on that. ;)

Thelma, Glad you are back into your BB rotation, looks like you are including the shoulder stretching also. That is one KCM workout that I don't have yet, but am looking into purchasing that one when she comes out with her new series. From what I can see she is doing a whole series that works together. It may look like what she is putting out with her Raw workouts. Love it when the abs get worked and you can feel the DOMS afterward. The bridal shower is July 8th, so I really was cutting it close to get the invitations out. I was wanting to have them out last week, but my sister didn't have the time to help me then. They are out now, so I'm happy. Interesting that the clouds are having a negative effect on the radio.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was a long one, but it felt really good. I started with LIHI Back x 4. Then, for cardio, I did a combo I used to do a few years ago but not since......Cathe's Intensity into XT All Out Low Impact HiiT. It felt great today, and makes for a good 90 minute workout.

Thelma, it could be the clouds causing your radio issues. When we moved up here, we noticed everybody in the neighborhood has a satellite dish on their house.....except for the house we moved in to. So we asked both the property manager and the previous tenant about it. They both said to avoid satellite because it is often cloudy here and you can't get TV when it is. I guess it is cheaper than cable, but it should be if you are only able to watch TV on clear days! Hopefully the new radio will get a better signal and you won't keep having these problems. Great workouts!

Laurie, looks like you are really getting in to the yoga workouts right now!! Great stuff. Bet they feel great on your body. I am so looking forward to doing more this fall, that's for certain. These LIHI workouts are great for single body part days. I actually really feel the heavy lifting with them throughout the day. My only complaint about the LIHI upper body workouts is how fast Cathe moves in them given the weight she is using. I find doing them this way isn't as bad because I don't mind doing that pace for just one body part at a time. I am glad the golf was so successful at Erin Hills. I admit I didn't see any of it, unfortunately. Like you, I am not a big fan of golf on TV and the time zone here (3 hours behind you) puts most sporting events in the early/mid afternoon when I rarely if ever have the TV on. But I did hear great things about the course up there. I was thinking of you the other day when I did one of those random quizzes on Facebook that has you look at a series of photos and then determines the best state for you to live. Mine was Wisconsin! I am not surprised by that because from what we saw driving through.......the terrain definitely appeals to me. But the winters....... :# . Of course, maybe after a few winters in Alaska I will think of them differently! :)

Tami, hope you are well.

Becky, thinking of you with that heat down there. Be careful!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So my workout last night consisted of helping DH in our shrub beds. So over the weekend we went and bought like 20 plants to go around from the back of our house to front; from last year when we tore everything out and “starting over” …. Well long story short they company we had put in the new rock bed and fix our sprinklers were supposed to come and also plant. They didn’t because they are busy and still don’t know “when” so DH was upset and decided he would plant them. I was out there with him until 9:00. I didn’t do the tough work, I just moved all the rock (3” basalt rock) and cleared spaces for each plant, he dug the holes. He said he will finish up tonight. OMG! It was quite an evening.

So this a.m. I did Giants Sets Upper. Today at work I am caught up and working at a consistent speed ~ feels great. Not filling in, just doing my regular stuff. YAHOO. We are still busy but it’s not a frantic pace today. Which may change at any moment. Enjoying it for now. Tomorrow evening we are all being treated to an evening on our local lake, taking one of the dinner cruises. Just our office, so should be relaxing and a fun 1st Day of Summer evening. He wanted to thank us for all of our hard work.

Laurel: Yahoo on getting to golf over the weekend! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Way to go on the workouts as always …… When you say you have fallen into a rut on the workouts I can’t tell! LOL Glad you are making it work for you and all your tough combos however. OR maybe you just mean tired of the same ones. Are you switching from STS then to some of those along with RWH? X77 … makes me tired just seeing the 3 digits on the screen! Again, WAY TO WORK.

Thelma: Great job with your BB workout along with the Shoulder Yoga. Sounds like you enjoyed the KCM Body By Design workout!? That’s always nice when there are new moves; I do find she does that a lot throughout her workouts, which I also enjoy. Kind of sneaks up on you working the same muscle in a different way than Cathe does. Thank you on the words of advice for my foot/ankle. Its true, if I could stretch real good prior and then go run maybe it would make a difference. I will most likely have to tell her at some point.
    Laurie: Excellent workouts! Yes, that ICE Total Body is always a great one, love with the BB at the end as well. As you read from above, I did the outside with DH workout! LOL not what I had planned but I was glad I could help. HE was very frustrated and appreciated my help. A new KCM series?!?!??! Sounds like something I might like. When is it due to come out, do you know?

Hi Becky :blush:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did X10 w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Treadmill, stretch. Love this Bulk Leg workout!
    My theory about cloudy days being the issue with the satellite radio was proven wrong today! The radio didn't work in the afternoon when the car was parked in a sunny location. I got a $100 award from my boss for having finished that project I was so stressed about before my vacation. That was nice! He wrote some pretty nice words on the card so that unexpected recognition felt really good. These awards aren't announced but at least his boss knows as he has to approve the award. Ladies, I'm off on Friday! YAAY! I am getting my curls cut on Thursday after work, then I have an 8am dentist appmt on Friday.
    We have out monthly get together with DH's brother and his wife. It's our turn to host them. I told DH. Don't cook let's just go out to a restaurant. Much easier that way and he can relax.

Laurie, glad you liked that Jessica Smith workout. Try it next time with the ankle weights! Great job with the yoga workout too!
    I think you will love that Body Design workout when you get it Laurie. Wow that was cutting it close with the shower invitations. You must be so relieved now that they're out! You've gotten me all excited about KCM developing a workout series that works together! Do you follow her on FB? How do you know what she's up to?

Laurel, what a combo! How did you like doing the back routine 4 times?
    Interesting about the satellite tv. Today wasn't as sunny as yesterday but there was plenty of sun. At least it was sunny when I got out of work.

Tami, that was quite a workout! Gardening can be hard work! I'm trying to convince DH to hire a landscape to pretty up our planting beds around the house. I'm not getting an answer! May have to ask the people in my town to recommend some landscapers. It's not a lot of work. Maybe I should just go buy some shrubs and just let DH plant them! No rocks to move here! There wouldn't be more than 12 plants.
    So glad you finally had a normal work day and that you guys are going to be treated to a nice dinner cruise.
    We have a BBQ during lunch tomorrow to celebrate the completion of a project being released to the market. I hope they get food from a restaurant instead of crappy cafeteria BBQ!
    I am loving Body Design Tami. You get very nice variety in the 6 workouts it has. Each is 15 minutes and the premixes give you lots of combos. Even if you only chose one segment her moves are very effective and you feel like you got a good workout.
    I hope Katy doesn't make you run anymore! She really should have a plan B for people who can't run!
    Enjoy the cruise!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did a short workout with Chris Freytag called Calorie Sizzler. She started off with the low impact move, and then moved onto the higher impact after 30 sec. I was able to do some of the high impact moves, and my knee isn't talking to me this morning. I'm still going to proceed with caution though. This morning I did Supersets, and I did do the explosive lunges so we will see how the day goes with the knee. ;) I have not attempted explosive lunges since hurting my knee. I'm taking baby steps with these plyo moves.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts. Some of the workouts that Cathe rushes on (this morning was one of those), makes you feel like you need to go at warp speed to catch up with her. I was having issues changing my plates this morning, and I ran into that. It can be frustrating, but I'm glad that doing the one body part x4 is working with this workout. LOL about living in Wisconsin, it really is a beautiful state. Every portion of the state is different, and great for outdoors. I think that we get some bad winters around here, but nothing like Alaska has. ;) We have a lot of great golf courses also. :D

Tami, That plant exercising is a tough workout! Yours was a full body workout with handling those stones, so even though it was unplanned you where still working hard. ;) Nice job on the Giant Set workout, guess we had the same mindset. Glad to hear that the work is slowing down a little, and how nice that you are going on that evening cruise. It really sounds like a relaxing evening that you can look forward to. Kelly has not stated when she will be releasing the new series, but I'm thinking that it will be sometime in the fall. She usually films before Cathe does her workouts around Aug/Sept, they use the same director for filming.

Thelma, Great job on the Leg workout, and the treadmill. That bulk workout is a good one for sure. Congrats on the award, it is nice to get recognized like that. Nice that you have Friday off, and that you will have your monthly get together. Will you come back to your house to play cards or something? I follow Kelly on FB and Instagram. I like Instagram more than FB, it just doesn't have all the fuss that FB has. She just posted that she put up another Raw workout, so I'm going to have to check that one out when I get home.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started today with LIHI Biceps x 4. I don't know what it is this week, but I feel really strong. I probably could have gone heavier throughout the workout. By, in the end, I am glad I didn't because I followed it with Cathe's Live workout from last week, which was Metabolic Meltdown. I expected something like Metabolic Total Body, and it was similar but, for me, felt much more focused on actual strength training. While the moves were upper and lower at the same time, the weights were heavier and, at times, it really fried my arms. It was only 42 minutes long, which was good. Really enjoyed it. For cardio, I took down both the impact and intensity, and did RWH Low Impact HiiT One and Two premix, followed by Total Body Stretching with Ball.

Tami, I think that gardening counts as a workout. How frustrating to have an agreement with a company and then have them nix it. I understand your DH's frustration. But moving rock is never much fun. Hope things at work continue on at a more calm pace. Hope you enjoy the dinner cruise tonight. There are quite a few solstice celebrations up here too. DH and I are going to try to play golf tonight. We can only play until 10:00pm tonight, but over the weekend, the course will be open 24 hours....so who knows? Maybe some midnight golf on Saturday! That is if I can stay up that late. ;) I am still doing STS, but last week I was on upper/lower week and this week I am on circuits, and those are my non-STS weeks. I love this variety. I think I am being pushed out of my rut by doing more circuit type workouts with Cathe Live than I normally do. She just posted that tomorrow's Live workout will be another and I am looking at my Friday calendar thinking 'maybe......'. I don't normally do that with circuit workouts, preferring to focus more on strength than the strength/cardio fusion Cathe seems to be moving toward.

Thelma, bummer on the radio. I hope you get the new one in soon. The LIHIx4 back workout felt good! Those 35lb dumbbells right out of the gate are always heavy for me, but I got through it! Congratulations on the award! It is so nice to be recognized for what you do.

Laurie, yay for the knee holding up for those workouts! Yes, Supersets is one of those where Cathe flies through the moves. I always feel like I am chasing my stability ball around with that one. :o But it is such a good workout......and the double upper body premix......wow!! That's a toughie. I think the biggest difference between Wisconsin and Alaska winters is the humidity and/or wind. You probably get both and we get neither. So while our winters are longer, darker and colder, they are not what I consider to be brutal, unlike the winters in, say, North Dakota with that wind. Of course, ask me in January how I feel about that 'brutal' statement! I will probably be singing a very different tune. :p

Happy Summer! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout last night (skipped running camp since it was nice out :neutral: ), but this a.m. was Giants Sets Lower (Dbl Pre-Mix) and tonight will be our dinner cruise, no Spinning. DH gets to go too since we do work together. It’s “staff” only so everyone is giving us a hard time. LOL It’s a beautiful summer day right around 80 degrees so it should be perfect.

Thelma: Fabulous job getting in BULK Legs, that is a great one forsure! Congrats on the $100 award! Probably feels really good, especially as stressed and tired as you were. YAAY is right for Friday too! Sounds like you are really looking forward to it. Fun that you will be getting together with your BIL. Nice of you to suggest going out! Yes, the rock removal and “helping” DH was a little bit of a workout forsure. I was sweating, so that’s something! He planted a tree and 2 more bushes last night. The guys showed up this a.m. to connect our drip line. Thank goodness. Yes …. The “normal” pace work day is happening again today. I don’t know if people are just all catching there breath a bit, because our orders are still stacked up and we are busy as can be. But however it goes I am appreciating this brief rest. I did find out last night’s Insane X workout had running OR flipping the big tractor tire in the outside court. I would have done that forsure. Looked like a good workout. Maybe she will starting doing the choice method to see if others come back as well.

Laurie: Way to go on the workouts! So happy to hear your knee is still coming along nicely with the low impact you have been doing. Yay! :smile: I knew you would be able to relate to the outside landscaping workout! You were doing that a lot I know with your DH. Our yard is looking better than it has in a very long time. It helps just having one dog on the yard vs two. I would go with a messy yard and 2 if I could have Emma back however. Bernie just isn’t a digger and being “10” now he doesn’t peel out as much as he used too. LOL Keep me posted on the KCM workout(s) this Fall. Not that I need more but it sounds like a good one.

Laurel: Did you get the notice that the NEW Cathe workouts are being sent out this week!!??!! Fabulous job on the workout again today and yay on feeling so strong. I love days like that where you feel like you could lift anything and/or just keep going. Fantastic combo you put together today. Yes, super frustrating. The guys actually were there this a.m. when I left for work. DH was on his way back from an appt. so hopefully all went well. I am sure he hid his frustration so they would just complete what was left to do. He worked SOOOOOO hard getting those all in minus 6 tall shrubs along our driveway. Last night he planted a tree we picked out for our front yard and one huge bush + 2 smaller ones. Between his knee and his back he was dying forsure. I talked him into icing it and Ibuprofen forsure. How fun that you guys will be able to play some golf again tonight. So odd that you can go whenever because it is light out “whenever” …. LOL Is your DH liking his new job? Hopefully loving it! This is his dream job right?

Hope you ladies have a nice afternoon ~ will talk to you tomorrow,
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight. No workout for me today as I came home late and was very exhausted. This hasn't been a stressful week but it's been busy. Today my day was full of back-to-back one-on-one meetings with my team and other meetings. So it was a very brain draining day. Since the BB Bulk workouts are short I will catch up with the rotation schedule this week.
    Will reply tomorrow.
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work it was a really beautiful day, so I went outside and did some yard work. During the night a storm from started and I woke up at around 2am with a a headache, and couldn't go back to sleep. So I didn't workout this morning, was just to tired. Wonder if I had gotten up and done some yoga, it may have gone away. :o Hopefully I can get my yoga in after work, since the forecast calls for rain on and off today.

Laurel, Nice job with the workouts! The live class sounds really good too. How did you like the TBS ball stretching? I had mixed feelings about the two stretching workouts on that DVD, and really don't do them as much as the basic stretching. How fun that you can golf so late at night, that has to be an interesting experience. LOL about chasing the stability ball, that was something that I did yesterday. It just started rolling away, kind of like what Cathe's did at one point. All the interesting things that one learns about Alaska, I didn't know that they didn't get the bone chilling wind. That is the worst part about our winters. I can take a below zero day, if the wind isn't blowing. ;)

Tami, Skipping running camp! :D Great job on the workout. Hope that you had a great evening on the cruise. Are you and your DH the only couple from this staff group? I will have to take a picture of my rock garden, it really does make a statement of gorgeousness. I was looking at it yesterday, and just love how the sedum is working it's way around all the rocks. The plants that my Mom gave me are really doing well too, so I'm really enjoying the fruits of my labors. The only plants that I'm a bit concerned about are the peony's that she gave me. They are growing, but I think that I may have to change their location to a more sunny area. I would hate for them to die. :( I should let you borrow Rocket, he loves to dig. We have a few holes in our yard. :D I don't need new workouts either, but it will be interesting to see what Kelly's series will be like.

Thelma, Sorry you didn't get your workouts in, but like you said, you will do a catch up. Glad to hear that it is just business, and not stress related for you at work. I'm sure that vacation helped a lot with some of that too.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Really enjoyed our evening of golf last night. It was nice and quiet on the course, with the sun shining, perfect temps, and few mosquitoes. We didn't walk the course last night because when we walked it Sunday, it rang in at over seven miles. So since DH had worked all day and it was night, for the sake of time, we used a cart. I think that helped us both play better because we weren't worn out at the end. Hoping for more evening outings of golf while we can.

Today's workout was another good one. I did LIHI Triceps x4, and since that is pretty short, I added three sets of close grip bench presses and an extra set of kickbacks. My triceps were on fire! :) For cardio, I did Cardio Slam doubled premix, and then followed that up with STS Extended Stretch, which felt great.

Tami, hope you enjoyed the cruise! It may be a good sign that Katy is offering an option to running. I hope that continues so you don't have to avoid her class on nice days. Wow, that's quite a bit of work your DH put into the garden. No doubt he was feeling it all over by the end of that. DH is enjoying his new job, for sure. He gets to spend time in some remote regions of Alaska, he feels like he is contributing to something important, he gets to let his hair grow out and isn't wearing a uniform :) , so, yes, he is pretty happy with it all. I am so relieved about that because the move was so hard for me. If we came here and his situation turned out to be awful......that would have been super tough for both of us.

Thelma, sorry to hear about the long days. I am glad they aren't too stressful, but no doubt still tiring. Yay to tomorrow being off though!!

Laurie, sorry to hear about the headache. Probably was best to skip the workout if you hadn't had much sleep. I was okay with TBS Ball.....but just okay. It is like the one on Stretch Max, and I don't care for that one much either. I really prefer my stretching to be equipment free or, at most, using a band. Just not a big fan of stretching on a ball, step or chair. So I don't know if I will repeat that one or not. Yep.....I will take 40 below zero without wind every day of the week over zero with strong wind. Last time we were here, it was not unusual for a few inches of snow to fall, cover the trees like they were perfectly flocked.......and still be like that weeks later. It really can be beautiful when it is like that. Hope you share photos of your rock garden. It sounds beautiful!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ The cruise was really a lot of fun last night. The evening was absolutely perfect weather wise, a little wind but that’s ok. We had some yummy hors d’oeuvres and it was nice to just relax outside of the office with everyone. Workout today is going to be STRONG/HiiT class after work, I was a little too tired to get up this a.m. Stayed up later than normal forsure. Took a while to kind of wind down.

Thelma: Sorry to hear about your very busy day! Hope today was a little bit more back to normal.

Laurie: Sounds like an enjoyable evening but sorry about the early a.m. wakeup and headache on top of it. Hopefully tonight you can get in some Yoga. Would probably feel great. Yes, DH & I are the only couple at the office. There is a 3-generation Mother, daughter and her son, another mother & daughter also in the office but we are the only husband & wife. A few of the ladies didn’t go because of spouses not being invited. Your rock garden is sounding beautiful.

Laurel: So fun on your golf! I am glad you had fun. Another awesome workout combo for you it sounds like! I bet the Cardio Slam Dbld pre-mix was a lot of fun. Great job getting in your stretch too. Yes, hopefully Katy is clueing in a little bit. I am so happy that your DH is loving his job. That is exactly why I was asking; you gave up a home and area that you loved and so I was hoping the job was exactly what he was expecting and wanting.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in a great nights sleep, even with the thunderstorm. I did get in Yoga yesterday, and I did Chris Freytag's, Power Flow Yoga. This morning I did XTrain Burn Sets Chest & Back. This was a great workout this morning, and I was at failure on the last set. ;) I'm finding that my body really is enjoying the lower impact / strength / yoga that I have been doing. So I'm going to continue doing mainly strength and yoga on most days, and then doing some low impact cardio on the couple of off days. I found this rotation at the Body Building site, and I'm planning on using mostly Cathe workouts for the strength. It recommends doing Heavy for 4 weeks, and then the next 4 weeks are High Rep.. It is almost like taking LGI8 and extending the weeks from one to four. Here is the link in case anyone wants to look at it. https://bodybuilding.com/fun/5_fat_loss_workouts.htm Of course you can tell that I wanted to start right away with the rotation, but in the end it will work out very well to have the weight work on my weekends. More doable option. Just wish some of the STS workouts had premixes. ;)

Heavy for 4 weeks:
    Chest/Back (Burn Sets)
    Shoulders/Abs (Burn Sets)
    Biceps/Triceps (Burn Sets)
    Legs (STS Squat Rack)
    Calves/Abs (Body Building recommendation / Any Ab workout)
    Cardio (Low Impact)
    Cardio/Abs (Low Impact Hiit / Any Ab Workout)
    After work I will get in pilates/stretching/yoga workouts, because my body is really needing the stretching right now. Will see how this goes.

Laurel, That golf outing sounds wonderful. Over seven miles is very long, so nice that you got a cart and then both of you enjoyed a good game. Nice combo of workouts, have to know how are your muscles after doing the LIHI body parts x4? I was going to do the LIHI for the above rotation, but of course the shoulder work would have me popping in two different DVD's. I'm guessing that you where able to string the shoulder work on workout manager? I will have to get pics of the garden this weekend, because the sedum is blooming right now. ;)

Tami, Glad to hear that you and your DH had an enjoyable evening on the cruise. That is to bad that some ladies decided to not attend because their spouses couldn't go. I know that I have attended work events without DH, and have had a good time. :) Hope that your Strong/HiiT class was a good one.

Thelma, I hope you have a wonderful day off!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was one of those days where I woke up tired, spent the morning internally grumbling about working out as I tried to figure out what workout to do, stared endlessly at my DVDs trying to figure out what to do......and finally settled on the workout I had planned to do when outlining this week last weekend. And it cured me of my crankies!! Thankfully. :) Anyhow, the workout was a combo I have not done before--RWH Lower Body Circuit into RWH Upper Body Circuit. I really enjoyed it. It was about 80 minutes long, which was just about right for today. I followed it up with Muscle Max Core, which is always good.

Tami, glad you enjoyed the cruise. Sounds like a really nice evening out, and such a nice thing for your employer to do. Yes, the Cardio Slam workout doubled is a really good one. That workout has really grown on me, and I love how the intensity varies throughout. Good stuff. Yes, you are so right about why this move was tough for me, and DH being happy really helps. While I can't quite yet say I am happy we moved here, I at least am beginning to remember why I liked it last time we were here. There truly is an appealing simplicity to life.....no crowds, no traffic, no pretensions. And at least having lived here before, I know that 'simplicity' can become 'boredom' if I let it. So I have a long list of winter-friendly hobbies lined up to keep me from falling into the chocolate-eating, TV-watching trap I fell into before. :p

Laurie, great workouts! That rotation looks fantastic! I saved it and will look into that one for after LGI8. I had been toying with a BB or H&C rotation, and I think both programs can actually be incorporated into that rotation. Thank you for posting because, six weeks in to my 20 week rotation, I am already concerned about not having a 'next' yet! :o At least I have plenty of time to look it over. ;) LIHI x4 is no joke, even at one body part a day. I had toyed with going into next week's workouts early because DH and I are going away next weekend. But that would have meant doing a Meso 2 upper body workout today. Was not happening! And, yes, I did smush the shoulder workouts together on the workout blender. Made it much easier than switching DVDs, that's for sure.

Thelma, hope you are enjoying your day off!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a nice weekend. We had a good one. On Saturday my BIL and his wife were here. As always we talked, ate and played board games. I was bad about food. We discovered a BBQ restaurant and it was really good. After dinner we came back home and spent time out on the deck, then watched a movie and had dessert. I made the Skinnytaste Red, White and Blue Trifle. So good!

On Friday I did BB Bulk Back, Saturday BB Bulk Arms, walked on treadmill and today I decided to find a fun workout on youtube and found a Pop Sugar Fitness Latin Dance workout. I had no idea how much I was using my hip flexors for that workout until about one hour later. I have hip flexor DOMS!

Laurie, great workouts! Thanks for sharing that rotation. It does look good!

Laurel, amazing workout combos! So glad you and your DH got to enjoy some golf!

Tami, great workouts! Glad the cruise was a lot of fun!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had a gorgeous weekend, and now we have temps in the 50's. :o I was really glad that I was doing this rotation, because the workouts are nice and short, and I could get them into my weekend without a problem. So Saturday was Burn Sets Shouders & Bonus Abs, Sunday was Burn Sets Biceps & Triceps. This morning I made sure that I got up extra early to get in the Meso 3 Disc 37 Squat Rack Legs, and I used my new weighted vest (like Cathe's). That worked out really well.

I'm finally done with our tree line, it looks so good. I was hauling out super big rocks so I was working hard. The rock line goes right up to our property line. If our neighbor gets inspired to do his (which I don't think will happen), then I will change the way the rocks where placed. But until that point I'm super happy with the way it turned out. I ended up getting in over 18K steps on Saturday, and Sunday was only 10K. :p Our decking was delivered, so DH will be working on that on his days off this week. Hopefully the forecast will change, because right now there is rain for those three days.

Laurel, That is a tough workout combo, and can understand why you where hesitant to want to try it out. MM Core is a good one too, will have to remember that one for a core workout. Your welcome with the rotation. I get notifications from that bodybulding site, and for once I clicked on the link. I really liked what they came up with on this one, so thought all of you might enjoy it too. I think the BB workouts would be awesome for this, and after thinking about it a while. Some of the cardio can be Cathe's metabolic workouts too. Have fun creating a rotation that will work for you with this rotation, the potential is endless. Even doing some of the bodybulding exercises is appealing. I like that they are not using a ton of exercises that need you to go to the gym. Good choice on not doing that Meso 2 workout after that LIHI, that would have been tough. That shoulder option in LIHI is the only disappointment that I have with those workouts. She didn't have one premix with shoulder only options.

Thelma, Now that sounds like a great evening. Have to love when the temps are so nice to be enjoy the outdoors. Great job on your workouts, and finding out that you have hip flexor DOMS form your dance workout. I bet you will be trying that one out again in the future?

Tami & Thelma, Kelly will be filming her new workouts in September! She announced it this weekend.

Here is a pic of the tee line, and you can see that I curved the line up to the end of our property. We will have to mow the little bit of grass, but I don't have a problem with that.
    zw64ddzrowqb.jpg

I just found these gliding discs, and these would work so much better for me in my workout space instead of the gliding discs that I have. Wouldn't need to pull out a piece of carpet for these https://shop.flytefitness.com/ The price is way to high to think about right now though. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. No golf, unfortunately, because the weather didn't cooperate. But we did drive up to the northern most golf course in America (just north of Fairbanks) to check it out. Hope to play it this summer. It looks fun.....hilly and rugged. I worked out both days this weekend. Saturday was the start of my 'strong' week, and I started with STS Disc 18/Back and Biceps. For cardio, I did Cathe's fun live workout......Cardio Core Blast. Good stuff. Yesterday, I did STS Disc 17/Legs, which I am feeling today. For cardio, I did another Cathe Live, this one from last week. It was Lift Hit HiiT It Live, and was a terrific workout. It was two intense cardio drills followed by one drill with weights for ten rounds. Absolutely loved it. And at 37 minutes, it was a perfect length for that intensity. Today was STS Disc 16/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. For cardio, I started with the warm-up and Blizzard Blast from Rock'm Sock'm into Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing. This is the second time I have done this combo, and it is definitely a keeper.

Thelma, sounds like a nice day on Saturday with your BIL. Sounds like some great workouts this weekend too! The Latin Dance sounds fun......but I would have been a complete mess doing it. You know me and dancing. :o

Laurie, your yard looks so beautiful! And that is some tough work. Great job getting the workouts in too! Sounds like your knee is holding up okay with all that work/all those steps! Those gliders look interesting, but you are right about the price. :o I agree Cathe should have done a 'shoulder only' premix for LIHI. It would make those programs more versatile if she offered that option on both upper body discs.

Tami, hope you had a good weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a nice weekend as well! Worked out both days and despite worrying a little bit about work (because there were several files in my inbox when I left) I didn’t go in. A little break felt nice. I did turn in my OT hours today however and my next check will be exciting and worth it! Workouts were STS Total Body with the S&S Abs in place of STS abs; yesterday was KCM Lean Body Circuits to start off my “circuit” week. Today will be BootCamp after work unless I go home for a workout; we will see what DH is doing.

We had super nice weather over the weekend too. It was sunny and very HOT yesterday. 94 I think or maybe even hotter. Today is very warm and cloudy so muggy. Muggy for us anyway. Bernie enjoyed us being home and we had the A/C on so he came in the house every time I went in to relax. He will sit right in front of a vent of whatever room I am in. It is hilarious.

Thelma: So nice to hear you had a good weekend. Sounds like a perfect time and love that you enjoyed it with your food too. Nice to take a break sometimes and just go for it. Excellent workouts as well, love that you’re feeling those hip flexors after all that Latin Dance.

Laurie: BRRR on the hot to 50’s for you. We will be cooling down again starting today, but not 50’s. It’s kind of a crazy weather pattern this year. Thankful we don’t have all the fires like we have the last few summers however. I will take clear breathing and colder temps after that. Great job getting all your planned workouts in! I forgot you don’t have that weighted vest …. Didn’t you used to do the ankle weights on your wrists? OR was that Laurel. Your landscaping looks so good! Way to go on all the hard work too. How exciting on the new decking you will have. Thank you for posting that workout rotation the other day. I didn’t get a chance to check in with you guys, but thank you. Thanks for the update on Kelly’s new workout(s) too in September. Maybe I will start saving some of that OT money I am getting.

Laurel: Fabulous job with your workouts! Great combos and those LIVE classes sound AMAZING! I can so relate to your "Friday stare down" with your DVD’s. I do that ALL the time. Even now on my current rotation; which was why I was also getting ideas from you and Laurie. SHEESH. Might just have to go to STS if I keep doing this; circuit weeks is pretty easy, but so many choices. LOL Glad you are happy with your move and the simplicity of life there in AK. I am sure as more time goes by you will enjoy it even more.

Hi Becky :smile:

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I got home late from work and when I was on my way to the basement I got a message from my aunt in El Salvador asking me if I had time for a phone call. This request was unusual so I knew it couldn't be good news. My dad is sick. His lower legs/feet are swollen and they hurt. My aunt and her husband took him to the private doctor because the government's healthcare system wouldn't see him for some reason so he asked my aunt and her husband to take him to the doctor. He was alone at home as his wife was at work. Dad is legally blind.
    The doctor told my dad he has edema. On one leg soft edema and the other one hard edema. I don't know if those are the terms in English too. Anyway, my aunt called me to ask me for money for my dad's medical care. I have a small back account in El Salvador for stuff like this. Of course of all times when there is actually a medical emergency my account is down to $131! So I asked DH to figure out if we could do the international $ transfer online. Bank of America didn't allow customers to do this kind of wire transfer to be done by customers. We used to have to go to the bank so they could do it. I told DH technology has come a long way. Let's see if we can do it ourselves. Thankfully we were able to do it online.
    Needless to say I didn't workout. By the time we finished with the banking business it was almost 9pm. I am worried about my dad. The doctor said it could be his heart, kidneys, diabetes. His glucose BTW was a little high. I think heart or kidneys though.
    In El Salvador if you don't have money to go to the doctor you just don't get to see the doctor. The government healthcare system sucks. Talk about a socialist system! Dad hasn't been good about going to the doctor and when he was gone they give him a clean bill of health which I don't believe is right.

OMG the hip flexor DOMS give me the weirdest feeling when I walk. I'm walking funny because of them. I feel like I'm waddling. My lower back hurts I'm sure it's all related. I will definitely do this workout again cause the woman could actually dance, had good music and it was a good workout! Finally a real latin dance workout!
    https://youtu.be/pBHEH1TfZXk

My new car radio came in last week but we can't get an appointment till Thursday! Who has time for that? We can't take it in on Saturday because this is our NH B&B weekend! Now we have to wait till July 8!

Laurie and Tami, do you get July 3 off? I am taking it as a vacation day for a nice long weekend!

Laurie, great workouts! Wow those are big rocks my friend! It looks awesome! Great job! Those discs look pretty cool! Can 't wait for KCM's new workouts! DH finally put together for me the new DVD case I ordered so I have plenty of room now for new DVD's! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! That golf course sounds like it would give you a nice workout just walking around it! I'm sure you would totally love it! I think you would enjoy the challenge of that latin workout!

Tami, awesome workouts! Glad you gave yourself a weekend off from work!
    I enjoyed the BBQ way too much! OMG I had never experience hip flexor DOMS like this before. It feels like it's deep in the pelvic bone area and it wraps around toward the sides of my hips. it's a good thing I stretched after the workout!

Tomorrow I have my eye specialist appointment in the morning. Usually my doctor is triple booked so I hope I don't have to spend the entire morning at the clinic!

Hi Becky!
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did Power Yoga with Kristin McGee, always a good one. This morning I did the calf exercises from the bodybuilding site. I did have to make some changes, because I don't have the equipment that thy are using. I did the standing calf raises, seated calf raises and for the Smith machine reverse calf raises I took my step top and used dumbbells with I think the same results. ;) For Abs I did KCM Bonus Core from her Kickboxing workout.

Laurel, Your workouts sound awesome. The kickboxing really does sound like a fun combo, don't know how you will be able to give up that subscription with all the great workouts that you have found. ;) Your trip to look at the golf course sounds like a good one, glad that you found a course that looks promising. That will be something to look forward to. My knee is doing better, every once in a while I do something stupid (like stepping into a hole), and then I feel it again. At some point I will probably want to up my intensity, but right now this is working out fine.

Tami, Glad that you had a nice weekend, and Bernie is a funny boy with finding the cool air while in the house. Those are some hot temps. Great job mixing up those workouts, can't blame you for not wanting to do those STS abs. Those ab workouts really are not my favorites. Nope I didn't have the vest, and I was adding those wrist weights to my bar or wearing the weights. I loved this option a lot more. :D

Here is more info on the KCM workouts:

A 5 DVD box set that has a nutrition guide in it. Each DVD is 30 minutes only. It is designed as a rotation to take all of the guess work out of your weekly workouts. here are the ones I am working on:
    1. Kettlebell/Kickbox Fusion
    2. Total Body Weights #1
    3. Cardio Mash Up
    4. Total Body Weights #2
    5. Tabata Sculpt & Burn

Thelma, So sorry to hear about your Dad, I'm really glad that you where able to do the funds transfer though. Hope that everything works out for him, and he will be in my prayers. I'm not much of a dancer, so will have to view this workout to see if it is something that I would enjoy. I have July 3 off, they usually give us two days for the 4th. If they didn't, I would take that day off anyway. LOL about having all that room for DVD's! I have a little bit of a mess right now with my DVD's, so I have to do a little cleaning at some point. Hope your appointment goes well today.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Headed home last night and did S&S BootCamp, which I love! DH kept busy outside finishing up mowing the lawn and “puttering” in his shop while I worked out. We had a huge thunder/lightening and rain storm last night, luckily he finished up in time. It was so nice to get my workout in and I loved it that he was so patient and then helped me with dinner even. Today I am planning on either being my REST day or a walk with Bernie when I get home; it’s kind of warm today so we will see; muggy again.

Thelma: Oh my goodness…… I am so sorry to hear about your father not doing well. Breaks my heart and reminds me so much of what I went through with my dad; he was living in Costa Rica. Its so hard when they are so far away. I am glad your aunts are there for him and can report in to you daily. So nice you and DH found the extra funds to send as well. Please keep us posted. Praying for you and your father forsure. Thank you for the well wishes on my workouts. Appreciate it.

Laurie: Yay on the KM Yoga! Is that the MTV Yoga DVD? I think I have looked that one up before since you always say such good things about it. Great job getting in your calf workout and KMC Bonus Core. Thanks to you as well for the kudos on my workouts; yes … that S&S Abwork challenges me each time so I was glad I opted for that one. Love it. OK, just sayin “those new KCM workouts sound AWESOME” !!! I would imagine she would have longer premixes as well on them, maybe?!? If not, as individuals and doing back-to-back or add-ons with others. WooHoo. Can’t wait to hear more. Thanks for the update. :smile:

Laurel – Hope you are having a great day! Can’t wait to hear what amazingness you accomplished today for your workouts!! :smile:

Hi Becky :blush:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow – Tami