Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. We had a nice weekend and I took DH to go see the baby owl. I had the most amazing experience with the owl family on Friday ladies. The homeowner told where in the woods I would find the owls and told me to be careful because the parents were making threatening sounds she said.
    So I get into the woods and start walking in the direction I was instructed to. About 20 ft into the woods I looked up and there was dad staring at me! He was practically above my head. I got scared so I went in the opposite direction. I decided to stand exactly where I had stood the previous Sunday and I started looking around and I couldn't find the baby. Next thing I know I look straight ahead and there was the baby practically at eye level on a branch of a fallen tree. If I had not seen the father I would've been face-to-face with the baby! It was amazing! Just the 3 owls and me in the woods! On Sunday when we went back the baby was way up on a tree.
    My workouts this weekend:
    Friday: KCM 30MTF Amped Up Cardiovascular Live I, XT Bi's & Tri's w/u, BB Build Shoulders, Yoga Link: Shoulder
    Saturday: XT Bi's & Tri's, BB Build Chest & Tri's, Yoga Link: Shoulder
    Sunday: off

We actually had our first heatwave last week!
    hdqrqjcvmddx.jpgu40e0x179eg9.jpg

Laurie, I'm so glad your knee is behaving! Sometimes a little rest is all it takes! Stretching is your best friend. Take a good amount of time to do that.
    I posted this info for Laurel before. I have this ball and I love it to massage my IT band and my quads. For my hamstrings I use a lacrosse ball over a yoga block and do the same pose the woman on that Amazon page is doing for hams. Great workouts! Enjoy the time with your parents!
    We are not getting your cold temps! Do you think Rocket is less shy now that he goes to doggy daycare regularly?

Laurel, wow! Those are awesome workouts lay! Great job!
    Working from home is always relaxing. Thanks for describing the Stretch Max workout. I don'think I'm going to get it.

Tami, awesome workouts. PHA is really a great workout
    It would be great if I had time every day to workout twice a day!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm back to the drawing board for my knee. I really do have to start over with this thing. It seems to have gotten worse with these cold temps, so I'm really hoping that this isn't because of that. :( On Saturday I decided that I would do a walking workout. I went to Jessica Smith's youtube channel, and found and indoor jog/walk workout. Of course I kept it at a walk just to be safe. Yesterday I didn't workout, my niece had her confirmation. This morning I did another JS youtube workout this one was a low impact walk/step called Stride and Step. I'm going to try to get in some yoga/strength after work. So I guess that I'm not doing the H&C rotation. I'm going to sit down tonight and figure out a low impact rotation. Probably something along the lines of what I'm might do today, with a walking workout in the morning, and then some strength or yoga after work.

My parents will be here for about a week, so I'm taking Wednesday off to go dress shopping with her and my sister. :) That should be fun.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workout, and that live workout really does sound great. Glad that you are getting a chance to enjoy those workouts. You will be getting a preview of what she might be thinking of for her next workouts. ;)

Tami, Great job on your workout and the class. What a great choice you made checking out that class, it really does sound like the instructor likes to change up the classes too. Good music always makes for a better workout also. Love that PHA Training workout also, you really do make it appealing. I think I would have to use a much lower step height right now though. :(

Thelma, LOVE the pics of the owls. The young one still has a lot of the newborn feathers. Great workouts! I will check out those options for the leg. I just wish that it had stayed on the course it was on, because it was feeling so much better. Yesterday I was in the cold for quite a while, and this morning the knee was really hurting. That's why I was wondering if it was because of the cold. Stretching will be my friend after work, and will have to take it easy for longer than I was thinking.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice but busy weekend here. More rental home improvements, unfortunately, so not much fun. But.....we are making huge improvements to the house now. DH was cleaning all the doors and baseboards yesterday as well as starting the process of cleaning the grout (we have tile floors and the grout is, literally, black. So disgusting.). I painted windowsills, baseboards, door frames, etc. it is sad we have to do this much work on a house just to feel comfortable living here. But......our choice I suppose. I like to be comfortable!

Anyhow, I took Saturday off from workouts, which felt good after nearly 2 weeks of straight workouts. Yesterday I started week 2 of LGI8 with STS Disc 15/Back and Biceps. I was very happy to be able to lift the weights on my worksheet! My strength is almost back! For cardio, I did To The Max. Today was STS Disc 14/Legs followed by the STS Extended Stretch. For cardio, I did Cardio Slam, which was so much fun!

Thelma, love the photos! What an amazing time with the owls. Great workouts this weekend as well. Hope you are enjoying your return to Body Beast.

Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about the knee! But, without question, the cold weather could be part of the issue. I hope you can come up with a good rotation that is both fun for you and one that works with your knee as well. Hope you have a good time with your parents. You are on a countdown now for the wedding, aren't you? Just a few months.......such exciting times.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a pretty nice weekend. Weather was gorgeous yesterday and just so-so on Sat. Ran errands, laundry, the usual Sat. Yesterday I went and bought a few plants for our shrub beads and I think the entire town was at Home Depot because it was so nice out. Yikes. Workouts:
    Friday evening was Spinning, Saturday was S&S BootCamp followed by Stretch Max ….. only one segment but I did it! LOL Yesterday was LIHI Legs to start out my Circuit Week. This a.m. was LIHI Chest/Shoul/Tris and tonight will be BootCamp.

Thelma: Fantastic job on the workouts!! Sounds like you are hitting those workouts pretty hard right now, that’s awesome. Love the owls and the story of you finding them. How precious … such darling faces.

Laurie: Dang it, I am so sorry to hear your knee has taken a little backslide, nothing more frustrating then feeling like you are just about there or good to go and that pain comes back. I hope with some TLC it will head back to the right track again; and maybe the cold weather just aggrevated it for whatever reason. Sounds like a good plan right now to change up your rotation to a Low Impact. Yes, I am very happy I have a Thursday class now so if I want to miss Running Camp I can get in a great weight workout.

Laurel: Sounds like another busy weekend for you. Glad you guys are getting it all cleaned ….. too bad you have to do all that but understandably if you are going to be there a while. Fantastic job with your workouts! I started my rotation with “Circuits” this week. I am going to be alternating different programs in & out vs. doing STS. Kind of like what I was doing before. Only wrote down a schedule for this week, but here I go!

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm going to make it quick because I fell asleep while typing this post. Tonight I did XT Legs w/u, BB Build Legs, Stretching. I seem to have a plantar fasciitis flare up. So I'm back at sleeping with the boot on. I'm going to have to keep lunges shallow and may not be able to do high impact.
    I'm glad you liked the owl pictures! I've decided to take this coming Friday off so I'm going to have a really long weekend. Then we leave for Cape Breton on 6/10!!! I better start filling up my little travel size containers with all my stuff! This is the part that always makes me fall behind.

qeyk1elb0r5r.jpg
    pwuz22yzblng.jpg

Laurie, sorry about your knee! Definitely take good care of it. Do massage your thighs. Work on the IT bands and definitely your quads. When you have an injury it seems that could predict the weather because you relapse.

Laurel, great workouts and congrats on almost having your full strength back! Good job making your rental home a place you are comfortable living in! I am enjoying Body Beast! It's interesting how these workouts leave my arms feeling pumped but I can't quite get there with Cathe. I wonder why?

Tami, glad you had a nice weekend. We also had beautiful weather at least on Saturday. We have to go plant shopping this coming weekend. Great workouts!

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in the MM Chest Premix #7, and followed that up with Chris Freytag Yoga Flow. This morning was walking a little better, and I got in my morning walk with Rocket and then did an indoor Power Walk with Jessica. Even though these are low impact, I'm impressed at the calorie burn that I'm getting in just a half hour. Added bonus is the fact that I'm also upping my step count. :D

I made this yummy recipe last night, and used chicken thighs instead of the drumsticks (DH doesn't like gnawing on the bone :D ) I also used the cauliflower & sweet potato mix. skinnytaste.com/skillet-cauliflower-arroz-con-pollo/

Laurel, That is to bad that you have to update the rental like that, and I don't blame you for not wanting black grout! :o Fantastic job with the workouts, and glad that you are almost at your strength from before the move. It sure didn't take long for that to return. I would never have thought a walking workout would be fun, because I have tried ones that Chris Freytag has and even though I enjoyed the workout, it wasn't something that I felt like repeating. Jessica's walking workouts are different, and fun. Highly recommend if anyone is in the same situation that I'm in.

Tami, Glad to hear that you had a productive weekend, and totally understand the situation at Home Depot. Everyone is out and trying to get their lawns/yards ready for the summer. I'm really enjoying all the effort I have put into my gardens after out long time with the faire. The colors that are popping up make me really happy. Awesome job with your workouts, and congrats on incorporating that stretch routine. ;) Those are just so easy to ignore. I have a stretching routine every day, and I found one for rehab of the leg/knee. ;)

Thelma, Sounds like you where tired last night, but great job on the workout. You must really enjoy taking those pics, because the one of the young owl landing on the branch is really good. Enjoy your Friday, we will be heading up north to my brothers cabin on Friday. I will be very careful with my knee now.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, today is the 11th anniversary of the worst workout in my life.....or, in other words, today is my birthday. :p So, to honor that workout from 11 years ago, which you probably all know by now was 1/4 mile in a treadmill and 17 calories burned all in an effort to get my left arm to move again, I enjoyed a great workout today. I started with STS Disc 13/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, and took it as heavy as I could. It felt great. For cardio, I did a favorite.....Intensity with the Bootcamp section. Really enjoyed it. Tonight DH is taking me out for my birthday dinner......so looking forward to more Alaskan Halibut tonight! I am surprised I haven't turned into a fish yet. :o

Tami, sounds like a nice weekend.....and some great workouts. I love that you found an alternative for Thursday that you enjoy. Yay for starting up your rotation again! I thought about mixing programs instead of doing STS this time as well, but since I didn't finish the previous rotation and I was getting such good results......I decided to go back to it. I hope I make it all 20 weeks this time!

Thelma, more great photos! Another great workout. I feel very different doing BB as well. I get a good pump from many of Cathe's workouts, but not quite like I do with BB. I am not sure why. You are making me excited to do that program again!

Laurie, glad to hear your knee is doing okay and the walking workouts are not hurting it......and you are enjoying them. I have never done a walking workout with an instructor, but I will have to keep them in mind when I injure myself the next time.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight I did XT C/B/S W/U, BB Build Back & Bi's. The plantar fasciitis is on both feet. What a bummer! I need to nurse these feet because in about 2 weeks we'll be hiking!

Laurie, glad your knee is doing better I'm going to have to check out those Jessica Smith workouts!
    I've been wanting to try one of those cauliflower rice recipes. Did you make the rice in the blender?
    I was really tired last night. I LOVE taking bird pictures! Have a wonderful time up north! Is your DD's wedding next month?

Laurel, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You've come a looooooonnnnggggg way lady!!!!! Fabulous workout today! How many times a week are you eating fish now? I'm sure we'll be eating a lot of fish in Nova Scotia too.
    I love the "pumped" feeling I get out of BB for less time than Cathe workouts. You should try those 'walking' workouts.

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I was filing in on Mon & Tues for that other department I work part time in, she was sick. So I got really behind yesterday going back and forth. So at any rate, I missed you ladies. Sorry about that. No workouts yesterday either ….. sadly I hit the snooze (restless night sleep due to DH tossing and turning) and I knew Katy was conducting a "super" running camp last night because it was 84 degrees out. So I had planned on heading home anyway. I did have a nice relaxing evening though, not rushed to make dinner after getting home from the gym (like I usually am), so it was good. Threw the ball for Bernie too. This a.m. I did LIHI Back/Bi’s Xtreme premix and tonight I have another golf lesson. I was surprised when he said "see you ladies next week" I thought last week was our last lesson.

Thelma: Sounds like you were super tired the other night. Hopefully you got some good sleep last night. Sorry to hear your PF has flared up again …. And BOTH feet? OUCH. Congrats on having an extra long weekend coming up! Much needed I am sure.

Laurie: Great job with your workouts! Again with the MM Premix and Yoga – way to go! Glad you are making the workouts work for you right now with your knee acting up; so good. Thank you for the Cauliflower recipe, I printed it off and I think I will definitely make this very soon. YUM. I will definitely alternate a different chicken in as well; probably bonless/skinless tenders. I bet your gardens are amazing and now it is probably just maintenance right? Not “just” because it is a lot of work no matter what but not planting more & more? Thank you for your applaud and encouragement on the extra stretch for me….. You know me well and that I really don’t make time for those extras. LOL

Laurie: Happy Birthday!!!!!!! And how great it is to celebrate the worst workout of your life 11 years ago, knowing how far you have come 11 years later. AMAZING. Fabulous job with your workouts and I hope dinner was good! I debated on the STS or not and thought if I start wanting those in there, I can just do an undulating mixture to add them in if I need too OR just do an STS type of rotation on the next rotation. I need to organize what I am going to do for the next couple of weeks forsure, otherwise I will start veering off the “schedule” too far for how it is meant to be. LOL

Hi Becky ~ hope you are well!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I took the workout intensity down just a notch. I am definitely feeling these STS workouts! Anyhow, I started with ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast and Icy Core 2. For cardio, I did X10 Low Impact into the combo premix of RWH LI HiiT One and Two for a good, manageable, 60 minute workout. I started playing around with the workout blender on Cathe's On Demand section of her site. DH will be in Florida this weekend, and I think I will spend hours creating workouts! It looks so easy. I can't wait to get started!

Thelma, sorry to hear about the PF! If it isn't one thing, it's another, isn't it? I started feeling my PF kicking up yesterday and I was like 'oh no you don't!!!' I changed my shoes immediately! Except for working out, I am wearing shoes that I haven't worn in a few years (like boots), so I think I need to give my footwear some thought. Thank you for the birthday wishes! I only eat fish about once a week........but I eat it every time we eat out! But it is the best thing in the menu up here, so why not? Thankfully we don't eat out too often. Last night I had Alaskan Rockfish, which was excellent. No doubt you will find some great fish in Nova Scotia!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! No workout for me tonight. :( I got home late from work but at least I was able to finish something that's been on my plate for a while and needed to be done. Super tired tonight too. My feet felt better at the end of today.

Tami, great workouts! I hope you had a good golf lesson!

Laurel, nice combo! can you save those Cathe on Demand premixes you come up with?
    I'm telling you I get one body part to feel better and something else breaks! I definitely have discovered that I got hurt because my shoes were too lose. That Alaskan Rockfish sounds great!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had a successful girls outing with my Mom. Mom found a really pretty dress, and we purchased new shoes too. This is the dress that we found https://macys.com/shop/product/jessica-howard-plus-size-empire-waist-dress-printed-jacket?ID=4662412&CategoryID=5449&tdp=cm_app~zMCOM-NAVAPP~xcm_zone~zPDP_ZONE_A~xcm_choiceId~zcidM05MAS-93ee6c93-483e-4c38-833c-960d0258ac11%40H7%40customers%2Balso%2Bshopped%245449%244662412~xcm_pos~zPos3 We also picked up a new pair of pants and shirt for my Dad, so he will be spiffy too. Didn't workout, but managed to get in my 10,000 steps. After the shopping trip, I had to go to dd's dress fitting, and then head to my MIL/FIL for dinner. I was super tired last night. This morning I did another Jessica Smith Walking workout, this one was a Walking Ab routine.

Laurel, Happy Birthday! Awesome birthday workout routine that you had yesterday and today. The blender is really easy to create your own workouts. You will have a ton of fun blending all those workouts together. It will be interesting to see what you will come up with. You make my mouth water with the mention of the halibut, I'm sure that it is truly delicious. If I didn't have these walking workouts I probably would just be sticking with yoga. That is about all that I could probably handle.

Tami, Hope your workout was a good one. Can't even imagine working out in 84 degree temps, that just seems way to hot to be running around outside. ;) Hope that you are able to try the recipe. If my DH liked it, then it has to be good. :D

Thelma, Dang on your feet, but glad to hear that they where feeling better yesterday. Do pamper those feet, because you will be wanting to hike/walk a lot on vacation. I used the Green Giant frozen cauliflower/sweet potato mix, it was quick and easy to get together after my workout. DD's wedding is August 19th, so I still have some time yet. I took advantage of having my parents down here to get her something to wear for the wedding. I'm keeping them at my house, so that they don't have to worry about forgetting something and having to shop at the last minute.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout was Cross Fire Extreme premix, followed by Kari Anderson's Angles, Lines and Curves for flexibility. It has been a couple of years since I did the latter workout, and it felt great today! I just wonder why I have such a hard time convincing myself to do more flexibility training when it feels so good on my body. :|

Tami, missed your post again yesterday. Enjoy those warm temps!! We are in the 50s, and I would really enjoy a warmer day right about now. Hope the golf lesson went well. Any plans to get out on a course?

Thelma, sorry to hear about the long day, but at least it was a productive one. Yes, you can save the workouts you make up in Cathe's workout blender. And it is so easy to use. She also released a new app for her Live workouts today which will make them easier to find and includes descriptions. I think this $20 a month I am spending may actually end up being well worth it for me. We will see in the long run......but, so far, two big thumbs up from me.

Laurie, glad you had a good time shopping. I think that dress is very pretty, and should be very versatile depending on the weather that day. And, again, like with the dress you chose, it is age appropriate without screaming 'grandmother of the bride'. She could wear that dress to any nice event. Great choice. Thank you for mentioning Cathe's workout blender last week, because I had totally forgotten about that option. But this is going to be such a fun toy for me to play with! You know how much I like to mish-mash workouts together. B)

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Ended up having to miss my golf lesson last night. :neutral::neutral: I was bummed. Stayed late at work to finish up my in box; the new system is still causing a few slow downs/problems and so about 4:00 I got behind. All caught up when I left after 6:00, so that felt good. This a.m. I did Rock’m Sock’m and headed to the STRONG/HiiT class tonight.

Laurel: Looks like we posted at the same time again . . . :wink: Fantastic work with your workouts; doesn’t look too much “down a notch” but I suppose for you it felt that way. Way to go. I bet you will have a lot of fun with the OnDemand premixes, yay! I think I am the Queen of not doing stretching but knowing it is so good for me. I give you high fives from here for doing that; I remember you mentioning you really like that one for a good stretch. I hope to get out on the course soon to try it out. I know it will be way different than the indoor "safe" lessons I have been taking. LOL

Thelma: Sounds like we both had a long work day yesterday. Hope your feet are feeling better today.

Laurie: That’s great you had a successful shopping trip for your mom’s dress! YAY. It looks lovely. Sounds like you had a busy night. Good on ya for getting in those steps! Yes, it was kind of crazy we had that warm of temps the other day; then it dropped to the 50’s the next day. Supposed to warm back up this weekend though. So that will be nice.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I worked from home today so I was able to work two times. I did Jessica Smith Power Walking XT Bi's & Tri's w/u, BB Build Shoulders. I had my physical today. Everything good just waiting for blood work results. My feet felt pretty good today but I will continue to nurse them. I was able to go heavier on the shoulder workout today. It felt good!
    It's been raining here since Wednesday night and tonight it's raining pretty hard. More rain on Friday and I believe Saturday too. I need to go out and buy my summer plants!!!
    My new Maui Baby Beach sunglasses came yesterday and I picked them up today. Just on time for the rainy days! LOL
    I got them in the gold frame with the blue mirror lens because they filter out more sun light. Love them! I've always wanted aviator frames but they are always too big for my face. These ones are the perfect size for me.
    https://www.mauijim.com/en/shop/sunglasses/aviators/baby-beach

DH and I are going to Boston on Saturday for dinner at the Italian restaurant I discovered when I went to that class a couple of months ago. Can't wait!

Laurie, great job getting your 10,000 steps in and the JS workout! You sure were busy on Wednesday! Love your mom's dress! Very age appropriate.
    You used that frozen mix to make the cauliflower rice with? I would've thought that frozen veggies would be too soft to achieve the rice consistency! DUH! I just read the recipe and I see that the mix is already riced!
    My grandmother used to add those green olives to the chicken dishes she made with tomato sauce which we serve over rice. I may have to try this recipe this weekend! Hopefully I will find the riced recipe. I would use chicken breast though. DH wouldn't go for the thighs. I love them!
    For some reason I keep thinking your DD's wedding is in June! Great idea to keep your mother's outfit for the wedding at your house!

Laurel, great workouts and you included one I've never heard of before so I had to check it out. Looks REALLY good! You're so used to lifting heavy weights that I'm sure the flexibility workouts feel like no workout at all! I think that is why we all feel that way in this group with the exception of Becky.
    Good to know that you can save your blended workouts!

Tami, sorry you've been busy too and that you missed your golf lesson! Feet are feeling better thank you!

Good night ladies and a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work was ICE MM Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps. I will not have time after work to do a workout, so I did all the MM remaining ICE workouts. ;) This morning was a Jessica Smith walking workout. Woke up this morning and my knee was feeling really good. I'm going to continue with the walking workouts next week, and probably incorporate some KCM workouts too. I don't want to push it to much. Will be heading up north after work, but DH isn't going with us. He is going to go car part junking with his friend. :p To him that is a fun weekend. So it will be just my oldest and me with Zoey. Rocket is staying home with Dad. ;)

Laurel, Great job with the workout, and getting in your flexibility. I have not mentioned that I have been tacking on some stretching while I'm watching tv. It just seems easier to get it in when I'm sitting down for a little while. I think like a lot of instructors, Cathe may have to go to streaming because of the cost of DVD's. It is unfortunate. Hopefully as time goes on, the price of streaming goes down. Beachbody is offering their service for $99 for the year. I'm surprised with that, because that seems to be a better deal than getting their DVD's.

Tami, Bummer on missing the golf lesson. Great job with the workout though, and hope that your Strong glass was another good one. We are suppose to have some nice weather this weekend, I'm ready to have some sunshine. It has been raining a lot around here lately.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and increasing your weight for the shoulder work. Looks like the BB workouts are working for your shoulder. ;) Hope that you enjoyed the JS workout that you picked. She has a good variety on youtube to choose from. Cute glasses, hope that at some point this weekend you get to enjoy using them. I understand the rain, since we have been enduring that for the last week. It was raining this morning when I walked the dog. Nothing heavy, but just enough to make it annoying. Green Giant has a lot of riced mixes, and I see some of the store brands have frozen cauliflower also. I love chicken thighs also, DH isn't a big fan. He likes the breast meat too.

Enjoy your weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Finished the week with a good fun workout. I started with PHA Training, and I echo what Tami said about it a few days back. This is one great workout. I followed it with the core work from the Cathe Live workout I did a couple weeks back.....Warrior Kickbox. I remembered it as a good core section....and it was. For cardio, I did Rock'm Sock'm with the Blizzard Blast. Too much fun.

Tami, great minds thinking together again on the workout choice!! Such a fun one. Sorry to hear that work kept you from the golf lesson. Hopefully the kinks will get worked out of the system soon. I really am going to try to be more diligent about the flexibility training this rotation. Hopefully my mind will be more at peace than it was the spring, and I can just relax and enjoy it. I have been noticing more nagging aches and pains for several months now.......could be aging! B) So I want to start making sure my joints and muscles are staying flexible so I can keep doing my tough workouts. Now if I can only convince myself of that when the time comes to actually do it!

Thelma, great workouts! Glad you got a chance to work from home again. Bet that made your day better. I am sorry to hear about the rain. We have had a rainy week this week too. I dropped DH off at the airport last night for his trip back to FL. and it was hailing/snowing on me on the way home! :o They were forecasting snow showers this morning, but nothing happened, so that is good. I am hoping not to see snow here until September......at the earliest. Love the sunglasses! Enjoy your trip into Boston.

Laurie, I like stringing those MM workouts together. But I would argue that constitutes a workout!! I agree that streaming seems to be how things are going to go. I am okay with it.......as long as the internet works. But that isn't always a guarantee. But between the cost of DVDs, and then the cost of mailing anymore, it is a far less expensive way to operate for everybody. But whereas I had no problems ditching all my CDs for an iPod, I am far less inclined to ditch my DVDs for an internet-based option. But I may have no choice in a few years. Safe travels!

Hope you all have a great weekend. More painting and cleaning for me. And maybe some time with a good book. :)

Laurel

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ The Strong class was a good one; it was kind of the old style BootCamp with stations. 90 seconds, thenc 60 then 45; light-heavier-heaviest for each time frame. With burpees and planks between each round. This a.m. I did RWH Low Impact HiiT #1 and #2 combo. Love that one. Headed to Spinning tonight.

Thelma: Great job with your workout! I love those glasses, they look so good. Would love to have a pair of Maui Jim's for myself. Very nice. Hope you get a chance to buy your plants this weekend and your weather clears up a bit.

Laurie: Awesome job again with your workout and yahoo on the knee feeling so good this a.m. Hopefully that walked felt good too.

Laurel: Fantastic workout! Truly a great one as I said earlier as well. Would grab that one if I only had a handful to grab and run if there was an emergency -- LOL I agree on the stretching; I know the benefits right now and long term but talking myself into it when it comes time is tough. Trying though.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Tami
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - I wanted to drop by and see how ya'll are doing. As always, you ladies have been so busy! Thing here are going really well. I am picking back up with STS after taking a break due to school. I stopped at week 12 of our 16 week rotation. I am going to pick back up next week which is predominately total body workouts; this week I am doing STS disks 1-6 to get ready for next week. Are you all finished with the rotation? From reading the posts, it looks like moving, school and injuries have kind of stopped the rotation for some of us.........or.......have you just modified the workouts from the rotation?

It's swim season, so I hope to get back in the pool again, too. Since I am no longer going to Bikram, I have tried a few youtube yoga videos to see what I can do in place of Bikram. While I still find yoga boring, and I miss Bikram, I am noticing that I only like the ones that incorporate strength into the practice (the ones that just do stretches bore me to tears......my mind wanders everywhere). :p

I am loving my graduate program, so far. The cohort is a great group of people. Unfortunately, I have two people on a group project with me that haven't done anything. While I love group work, it's times like this when I hate it. Oh well.......

Thelma - Fantastic job with your workouts and keeping up with messages to take care of yourself. I love the videos you shared earlier in May (the ropes course and the exercise to relieve knee pain). Our ropes course was nothing like the one you shared. The knee one has a lot of things that my physical therapist had me do after my knee surgery 20 years ago. It's good stuff. Sounds like work is taking a toll on you. I am sorry that you were in tears a few weeks back......that is not good! I love the pictures of the owls you shared. They are so cute! After reading a few posts, I see that your shoulder is starting to feel somewhat better; I am glad. Since I am not doing Bikram like I was, my hips are tightening up. I think I found a yoga video that I actually like, so I may try it a couple times to see if it helps.

Laurel - I am so glad you survived your week of moving everything into the house and getting it ready. I am sure you were missing your workouts. Fantastic job with getting back on track with working out and taking care of yourself. That was a good idea to start out with some low impact and work your way back up (I did the same last week with low impact). It's crazy how taking 1-2 weeks off can really push you back months (at least, to me it feels like I am 2 months behind now). ;) I think you struggle with flexibility training because it is BORING! Right? o:) I like the feeling of picking up heavy things and having my heart race. Stretching.........ummmm......not so much fun. :D

Laurie - It looks like you have been really busy with work these past few weeks with work, family and working out. I am so sorry to read that your knee was getting better, then you had to start over. It looks like that the walking workouts are really helping your knee......YAY! Out of curiosity, does your insurance cover physical therapy? Maybe 2-3 session will help as well???? I love the picture of Rocket at Doggy Daycare.....that is so cute! I am glad that you liked Guardians of the Galaxy 2; my DH and I really want to go see it. We just need to make time to do so! I am also glad to read that you are having a good time with your mom. I like the dress that was picked out. And, thanks for sharing that chicken recipe.

Tami - Excellent workouts! Are you done with the rotation now? The Strong/Hiit class sounds really good. As I was reading the posts, I noticed that you didn't mention Katy (or Katie). Is she no longer running the class? You may have written somewhere about it, and I missed it. Congrats to your husband and the team with raising so much money for Special Olympics! That is wonderful. I hope you are getting familiar with the new computer system. And, I also hope that you are happy with the choice you made to stay where you are with work. Sounds like you have been busy there.

Ok......I think I am caught up. Have a wonderful Monday. Are ya'll doing anything for Memorial Day?

Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you ladies had a great weekend. We had a good one and finally got to do our gardening. We did that all weekend it seems! On Saturday we went plant shopping and out to dinner in Boston. Parking in Boston is not easy and DH parked a little distance from the restaurant. We power walked for 1/2 hour each way. Thank God I wore my HRM strap! Sunday we worked on the garden for hours and it continued today. My feet have been bothering me all because I made the mistake of wearing my croc clogs. I wore them about 2 minutes. I felt a pull in my fascia and had to shuffle my way back into the house so I could change shoes. I ordered 2 pairs of sneakers this weekend. One pair came today and they were too short so I sent away for a bigger size. I also ordered 2 pairs of 'training' sneakers that were highly recommended for people with flat feet and plantar fasciitis. I can't wait for them to arrive!
    Friday: Jessica Smith Latin Spice Walk and 1 Mile Wake Up and Walk! XT Legs w/u, BB Build Legs, Stretching.
    Saturday: Jessica Smith Interval Training, walking in Boston
    Sunday: off
    Monday: Jessica Smith power walking.

I bought an HDMI cable and the necessary cables to connect my iPad to my tv in the basement for my YouTube workouts. Much easier using the iPad than the Verizon widget.

Check out this workout ladies
    Burn 500 Calories in 45 Minutes With This Cardio and Sculpting Workout | Class FitSugar
    https://youtu.be/_Zem0_qsDg0

Laurie, great workouts! I'm glad your knee is doing better! I hope you had a great weekend up north! I like how Jessica Smith incorporates standing ab work in her workouts. I found Birds Eye riced cauliflower. DH made me grilled salmon for lunch so I will have it with the riced cauliflower. I finally got to wear my new sunglasses. I love them!

Laurel, fabulous workouts! I love the name Warrior Kickbox. Does this mean each live workout has a unique name?
    It's been great having the opportunity to work from home. I wish I could do it every week. I can't believe you already had a little snow!

Tami, great workouts! I'm glad you're enjoying that Strong class so much!
    The only reason why I have the Maui Jim's is because of my flexible spending account! I put money aside for prescription sunglasses. Saturday and Sunday were great for gardening. Today continued and still need to get a few plants but I may wait till after our vacation.

Hi Becky! So good to hear from you girl! I'm glad you're enjoying your graduate program! Too bad on the lazy group mates! I hate that because it is a huge distraction.
    Good job for getting back to the rotation. I had to give it up due to injuries. Body Beast really has helped my shoulder along with the yoga stretch work I've been doing. Maybe you should check out the power yoga workouts.
    I read about your ropes course being close to the ground. Sounds like the one I did for a team building class years ago.
    DH and I started doing the aerial rope courses last year along with zip lining. So much fun. I didn't get beyond level II on the ropes course. The course got more difficult and higher up on the trees and was just too scary for me.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma