Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Nothing much new to report here! I got in my TF Hiit workout (which felt great), and most of our hockey events have been cancelled this week due to the extreme cold (including tonight). I'm a happy camper! :bigsmile:

Tami--Funny to go from an "easy" Boot Camp class versus the Insane-X class! It's probably nice and irritating at the same time! I know when I'm in the mood to really be pushed, and I'm not, I get frustrated. However, you have your at home workouts too that you can up the intensity on to make up for a not so hard class! :bigsmile:

Michelle--I knew that Squeeze workout would get you! :wink: I love that you chose to stay in and snuggle the 6yo instead of get up for the morning workout. I :heart: those times with the boys! I was reading about that kidnapping last night, but didn't realize that was so close to you guys. I sure hope he lets that poor kiddo go...how scary!

Kelly--I am glad to hear you are feeling better and up to getting some nice workouts in! :bigsmile: I'm much like you...shorter workouts, and I think I've only ever made it through 1, maybe 2 rotations. I often will start with an instructor, and then get tired of him/her and move on to someone else, and round and round we go! My favorite instructors are Chalene and Cathe, but at certain points, both drive me nuts too! :laugh:

Laurie--I hope things are slowing down at work a bit for you. No fun being overly busy. Great job on the workouts!

Hi Laurel!

Time to get ready for work...almost Friday!!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I'm finally done with my morning meetings. Those long meetings really screw up the rest of my day. :huh: Anyway, I have been keeping up with my Combat workouts, and still getting sore muscles. :drinker: Feeling a difference in the jeans this morning, so that really made me a happy woman. :wink: I will be getting in Combat Hiit Power and Combat 30 after work tonight.

DH has the cornices built for the two windows in our bedroom, and we had our 15yr old water softner replaced on Monday. Our refrigerator is now making ice also! :drinker: That is something that we have never had, and it scared us at first. :laugh: Thought maybe it was thunder.

Kelly, Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'm always gravitating toward the shorter workouts, there are just so many things that need to get done but I know that I need to get exercise into my day also. I have to remember to just get the workout out of the way on Sat & Sun mornings, otherwise I find to many other things to do. :laugh:

Tami, LOL on lines getting easier. Your endurance is really improving, so you must be pushing yourself really hard in those classes. :wink: I couldn't believe how fast this month has gone, seems like they are trying to fit in a whole year into one month. I'm just glad that the next tcon I have isn't until Monday afternoon. :laugh: I was so happy to see my Friday tcon changed to Monday, when I got in this morning. :happy: Just those little things make a person happy. :laugh:

Michelle, Totally understand why you would be angry. What a scarry situation to go through, and I'm with you one the child. I don't know if I should say congrats on the DOMS or not. Being sore sometimes is not fun, but then you know that you have gotten to parts of your body that have been neglected in some ways. I do hope that you are not getting the crazy weather that we just went through, high of 58 and then hours later we are high of 11! :noway:

Erika, LOL, I would have been happy about the cancellations also. Getting in some type of workout is better than nothing! :wink: I know how that felt when I was sick for so long. Sure feels good to get back into the swing. I'm really glad that I had the Combat workouts, I think that they where just what I needed.

Laurel, I have to go check a different page, all the post I can see right now are up to Kelly!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did Bum Bum Live and it was way better than the one with the models, his cues, corrections and explanations were smoother and overall it was a great workout which I will continue to use as the sweat was dripping by the end. I have also pulled out my old Ab Jam and I can actually feel that one today in my upper abs underneath my bra line:huh: Later in the evening I did 100 calf raises in the shower and my goodness:noway: I was so tired this morning that after opening the dor for the dog at 4am I went to snuggle with my daughter then he wakes me again at 5am so I went back into my room and actually overslept:blushing: TG hubby already had the girls up, dressed and made Pigs-in-a blanket and our usual omelets this morning:bigsmile:

Erika- Yes Squeeze Stronger always delivers and this time I customized the workout and she still kicked my butt:laugh: I wish I could find an effective cardio that I consider to be fun and addictive but so far I'm still searching for that dvd that is great without the dread factor. My DD would love if I slept with her or the 6 year old slept with us everynight but those little legs are deadly and leads to sore muscles for me the next morning. Every now and then I just enjoy the moment and enjoy listening to her breathing when she snuggles in with us:love:

Laurie- Yes DOMS is good but an entire week of it can be annoying as each day triggers a new muscle that I did not realize was sore:laugh: After a 79 degree day, last night the temps dropped into the 30's and the girls are back in coats, boots, and hats this morning:grumble: The sky is a clear blue and the sun is shining but it is very cold today. I saw on Youtube the 3 week results from BodyCombat and the girl was already a size 2 and she lost 6inches overall and approximately 5 pounds so I think those jeans may be falling off within the next two weeks:wink:

Tami- :laugh: I'm with the friends and would never take that class either...well at least not by myself.:wink: Good luck with the procedure...so happy for you. :flowerforyou: or am I getting my dates wrong?:tongue::blushing:

Kelly and Laurel- Good Morning, Laurel hopefully you are having a great time visiting your mom and she is in good health. Enjoy your quality time and worry about the workouts when you return:wink:

Ok off to fold laundry and maybe indulge in more coffee or Lemon tea. I really need a good stretching dvd but my Cathe stretch was deleted from my DVR.

Is Kari Anderson's Lines & Curves considered a stretch routine or a Barre routine?

Michelle
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I just have time for a quick pop in! I got in my bicepts/tricepts yesterday. Today i planned on legs, but felt unmotivated so i settled for the elliptical.

Michelle- Your husband is awesome! Every once in awhile my husband will get up with the girls on the weekend, but never during the week. Great job on your workouts!

Laurie- Are you doing Les Mills Combat or something different? I am not a fan of morning meetings. I have one every Wed plus I have been doing morning tutoring on Tuesday and Thursdays, but thankfully I only have one more week of that.

Hi Tammi, Erika, and Laurel. I'll catch up more later.
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

Last night was a very good Spin class. :wink: She tried a new format and it was tough but great! This a.m. was XT Chest/Shoul/Back + the 100 Rep Challenge of Scarecrows. Nice workout! I'm home right now waiting for my ride to the eye doctor. They bumped it up an hour & DH came down with a horrible cold/sinus infection 2 days ago and in horrible shape today so he is at the doctor. My sweet friend freed up her schedule and is going to take me instead! I'm a little nervous but I know it will be fabulous :bigsmile:

I'll check in with you all this weekend :smile: Great job with the workouts ladies as usual and Laurie, congrats on the pants being looser! :drinker: Always a good sign that things are happening.

Talk to you soon ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me last night, I got home way later than I expected. :frown: Have to take dd to her dance class tonight, so another non-workout day. I will have to make up for it this weekend, along with getting all the other things I want to get done. :laugh: Should be another busy one, but at least I don't have to leave the house in this frigid cold weather. I walked the dog this morning, and I was dragging her to the house since my hands where frozen. :wink:

Michelle, Those BBL/Sqeeze workouts sound like they are giving you some great lower body work. Doing leg workouts always makes me sweat also. WTG on doing and exercise in the shower also, I don't know if I would have ever thought of that. All I wanted to do this morning was stand in the hot water. :laugh: Oh I hope I can get some results. I looked in the mirror this morning and noticed some changes in the ab area also. Just those little things make one happy. :laugh:

Kelly, Yes I am doing Les Mills Combat, and am loving the workouts. I got the basic set. We tend to have morning tcons around here, because then the people in Europe can join in also.

Tami, Hope all goes well with your lasik! I'm so envious, but I bet you will be loving the results. I will probably pop on sometime this weekend, just to see how you are doing. :wink:

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday after reading some of the negative reviews of Michelle Dozois Peak 10 More Cardio, I decided to try it before I added another dreaded dvd to my collection and I finished the entire thing and it was great:bigsmile: It actually seemed easier than the first Cardio or maybe I'm getting better:tongue: I enjoyed the moves, not sure why many complained about choreography because after the first interval she repeats on the other side which was good for some of her combo moves. I was not motivated at all and did this late in the day, so on a good morning I can see enjoying this even more however I did notice some knee pain this morning after her jump lunges which BBL also used in Bum Bum on Wednesday. It is cold today and hubby had an early meeting so no morning walk for us but I have on my schedule High & Tight w/band and ankle weights..love hate relationship with this workout:laugh: I would also like to do bodyCombat 45 again to see if it gelds with me as I would really like to find a great kickboxing set for my cardio.

Laurie- Awesome about the abs and KB is great for ab work so those abs should be awesome:wink: I previewed the Upper Body & Lower Body lean Out on Youtube and those look like some solid short but intense dvds. Did you get the Warrior package which includes those workouts?

Erika- TGIF..hockey this weekend or snuggling in with the boys? Hopefully the temps are not too cold.

Kelly- Hubby is hands on for sure and he is the breakfast man while I handle the real meals:wink: Actually after 10 years of not eating breakfast, teaching our girls to start the day with a good meal started his am meals and he has experimented and creates whimsical breakfast from butterfly shaped pancakes to animal designs using bacon for eyebrows or chocolate chips for lips. It is quite hysterical but in all honesty when he skips breakfast some days I'm very disappointed when I have to create my own:laugh:

Tami- Fabulosity my friend:flowerforyou: So excited to hear of the results and hopefully your hubby will get well soon.

So I'm off to see if the postman is here with my box that was mailed on Tuesday as a Next day delivery which translates to a 2 day delivery because it is a small town:grumble: It is officially day 3 so I'm hoping to get this package by noon.

Michelle
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Great time to check in, while hubby is watching the Superbowl and the boys are playing knee hockey in their bedroom (as if they didn't get enough hockey this weekend! :laugh: ) Great workouts this weekend...Supermodel Butt/Legs on Friday, S90 Cardio Challenge Saturday and Zuzka Workout #2 today! :bigsmile: Lots of hockey this weekend, but did get some nice snuggle time in too! :bigsmile:

Tami--I hope your surgery went well, and you got to relax and rest this weekend! Great job getting in a nice workout prior to surgery, as I'm sure you had to relax this weekend and rest up!

Michelle--I'm glad to hear that Squeeze delivered, as did Ab Jam! :laugh: Those BBL workouts kick that booty big time! I remember doing them and hurting for days. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Peak 10 More Cardio workout! Seems like people have either a love relationship with her or hate. I really think you would like the Combat workouts! They go fast, as each instructor takes a section, so there's variety in instructors, great music and the awesome kickboxing moves too!! :bigsmile:

Laurie--Sounds like a busy end of the week for you, hopefully you were able to get in some nice workouts and stay in and stay warm! We've had a little warmer temps during the day (above zero at least), but about 2" of snow the last 3 nights, which makes for slick roads when the overnight lows are hitting below zero! :ohwell: Sounds like fun getting the house all up to date!

Kelly--Great job getting in the bi's/tri's and hitting the legs on the elliptical! :bigsmile:

Hi Laurel!

Ok, back to laundry and surfing the web!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Saturday I did Combat 30 and Power Hiit. I also cleaned all the baseboards/doors in the house. Have to remember why we built a house with sooooo much wood in it. :noway: Sunday was Combat 60, and then youngest dd and I relaxed watching cheerleading movies. :laugh: DH was at a History Reenactor Festival yesterday, so we could watch something like that. :wink: DH is adding to the wood in our house, he finished and stained the cornices for our bedroom, and tonight he is planning on varnishing them. They really look pretty, and then it is on to making curtains.

Michelle, I have not tried the More Peak 10 workouts that I got for Christmas. Glad that you enjoyed that one. :wink: I had some knee pain while doing her workouts also, but after a doing those workouts for a while it went away. :noway: I still want to finish that rotation. :wink: I didn't get the Warrior package, and I am kind of regretting it. Those two workouts that you mentioned have been some that everyone likes. :wink: I love the Combat workouts and am very glad I got them, but if you don't jell with them it is totally understandable. Some people love Jari Love, and I just didn't click with her at all.

Erika, Glad that you where able to get some time to chat on-line. Sounds like a nice relaxing Sunday. :wink: Did you get the Zuzka DVD? I have been hearing some good things about them. Do you add in some music to those, since she doesn't include that? Sounds like we have been having the same weather. I just don't like that we have been getting the snow during the night, because people just don't seem to know how to drive anymore. :huh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

On Friday I did Les Mills Jam, a 50minute dance routine that was so much fun for me, afterwards I set up Squeeze Stronger Arms and then added the Clam/Pretzel combo from her LB section...Omg at one point my muscles could not relax and the stretching was unbearable:noway: Needless to say Saturday was my rest day and on Sunday we spent the day shopping in the city until late in the day. My biceps are definitely hurting along with my calves from my 70+ calf raises in the shower:blushing: Last night I started to come down with an awful cough which has persisted throughout the night. This morning I slept in after helping out with the girls and taking some medicine but apparently my early morning hours in a tank top with the dog has caught up to me.

Erika- We did not watch the game either although I was hoping the Ravens would win being my undergrad years were spent in Md:bigsmile: Instead we watched hubby play new games on his larger PS3 harddrive while enjoying girl chatter and discussing the removal of the penny from our monetary system,.:blushing: my 12 yr old tends to take an interest in different things:laugh: Love the new avatar! Erika did you buy her 3 dvd disk as I had it in my cart but was leery of knee impact with some of her moves..thoughts?

Laurie- I loved Les Mills Jam which combines latin, hip hop, and pop music to dance but the accents and the unscripted outbursts that were common in Combat were minimal in Jam, which I loved. I was able to review those dvds on Youtube and I'm keeping my eye out for those on Ebay

Tami, Laurel, & Kelly- Good Morning:flowerforyou:

Ok coughing is becoming a nuisance again but I'm dressed and ready for that energy surge so that I can do Circuit Burn and H&T.

Ciao,
    Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! It is good to be back. We had a great trip down to see my Mom. She is doing remarkably well!! It made me really happy to see that. We were busy with her the entire week.....trying to get her hooked up to the internet. :noway: We have her all set. She just needs to get the technician in to do his job. So, we'll see. It will be nice to be able to communicate with her via internet as well as phone. I hope she enjoys it as well.

I got back to my XTrain workouts yesterday starting Week 5 with Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders. I followed it with Cross Fire Less Impact Premix (because that's what I had time for and wanted to do some core work) which felt good. Today was Cardio Leg Power. I did the workout as is and then added the 30 minute strength only premix to it since this is the only day this week we are supposed to workout legs. It felt really good today.

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about the cough. Take care, and if it is too bad, don't workout too hard. That's no good with a cough. Looks like you've been doing some interesting workouts! You've really peaked my interest in BBL. I am definitely going to be looking at that program. Since XTrain is a little light in the leg area, this may be a perfect time to break out that program.

Erika, great job on the workouts this weekend! I ended up watching the Super Bowl with DH last night, and actually enjoyed it! We always bet on sports (though the 'winner' doesn't win anything!), and I wiped him out this post-season! This makes two years in a row. I think I might start including a 'wager' with our bet. :wink:

Laurie, cleaning baseboards and doors? That is no fun. We lived in a brand new house when we got to Korea, and it had SO much wood in it. Because it was new, I wanted to make sure to take care of all that wood. Loved the way it looked. Drove me absolutely crazy to clean. :grumble: Glad you are still enjoying these new workouts!

Tami, I hope your surgery went well and that DH is feeling better. That can't have been any fun with both of you needing a little nursing at the end of last week. Again, I hope it went well. I'm anxious to hear from you! :flowerforyou:

Kelly, how are you enjoying the XTrain workouts? Now that I'm five weeks into this rotation, I think I'm going to start playing around with them a bit more. I like that she has so many options with them that I can do that.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    Weekend was great with my new eyes! :bigsmile: The Lasik went fantastic. I cannot get over the amazing factor of technology and how fast it was and the next a.m. was as though my contacts were in when I woke up. Drove myself over to the follow-up appt and they said they could barely tell I had had surgery the afternoon before, everything looked good. PLUS, with ea eye individually I was 20/20 and with both eyes looking at the chart I was 20/15! Amazing. :bigsmile: This was only less than 24 hrs later. :wink: I did get in my XT Cardio Leg Blast workout on Friday a.m. but the eye surgeon said no Spinning Fri evening. Spinning on Sat was ok though so did that and took the dogs for a walk later that day. Yesterday was XT: Burn Sets Chest/Shoulders/Back followed by Hard Strikes.:wink: Moved this a.m.’s XT Legs workout to tomorrow ….. BootCamp tonight though! So not a lot of down time for me :wink: I'm sure you are all shocked. :laugh:

Laurie: Thanks so much for the well wishes!:smile: As I mentioned above, it went great! As good as I had hoped for and even better I would say. Great job with the workouts this weekend and for DH getting more projects completed on the house. I bet it is feeling great.

Michelle: Glad to hear you enjoyed the Peak 10 workout! :smile: The two that I have I really enjoy. They go by fast and give a good combo of things throughout the workout. Sounds like you have definitely worked your muscles and you are feeling it. Sorry to hear about the coughing. Thanks to you as well! Absolutely the best, I am so happy I did it (as everyone says after they did the Lasik). DH is doing much better. After the Zpac kicked in he is really feeling a lot better, thank goodness. He did have a lot of coughing last night which was surprising after two nights of hardly any. But waaaaay better then he was.

Erika: Sounds like you had quite the variety in your workouts this weekend, that’s great! :happy: I took it easy yesterday and Sat afternoon but otherwise I was kind of on the go. Felt good to get some things done around the house after my workout on Friday and my BFF took me to lunch.

Laurel: Welcome Back! :flowerforyou: Sounds like you had a really nice time with your mom and so good to hear she is doing so well. :smile: Glad your back with me on XTrain and I bet it feels good to get back into the workouts. I agree on the program being light on the legs. I have been doing add-ons to make it just a little more of a challenge as I go and I am liking that. Just like we discussed before you left. :ohwell: :wink: Thanks so much for thinking of me as well and being anxious to hear. I recommend it to anyone that can do Lasik. :bigsmile: It was fun to take the dogs for a walk and just throw on the sunglasses and go. Eyes are a little dry today because I am at a computer all day, but just keeping the drops in and doing good.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Got busy this morning and forgot to check in! :noway: Combat 30 and Shock Plyo Hiit last night. :wink:

Michelle, That sounds like a great workout! Not that I like dancing ones, but if you thought it was good that is what counts. :wink: Sorry to hear that you have a cough, hope you are not getting sick again. Seems that they are coming out with different portions of Les Mills, and that is good. They seem to have a niche for just about anyone.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you had a good time visiting your Mom. It will be nice to be able to chat on-line with her also. I'm guessing that you are enjoying getting back into your rotation. :wink: I'm trying to get as much cleaning done before spring, because we have a lot of outdoor work to get done also. :laugh: Every weekend I have different things that I want to clean, and I'm hoping to get all the windows cleaned inside. The ouside can wait until spring comes. :wink:

Tami, :drinker: on the Lasik! Contacts without the sometimes itch. :laugh: WTG on getting in those workouts also. I think that our house is starting to get happy, because we have really just done cosmetics to it for the last 6 years. :frown: It seems that our time at the faire may be less that we expected, DH is getting the feeling that he isn't wanted there. :wink: I know that he isn't just being paranoid, because I was witness to one event. :angry:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! This morning was XT Bis and Tris, which I absolutely love. I think this is my favorite of the weight workouts in this series. Of course, I followed it up with the 100 reps of biceps and triceps, and now have noodle arms. :laugh: Love that feeling. I followed it up with Cardio Supersets, which was fun. I must admit, after doing Cardio Fire on Sunday and Cardio Supersets today, I'm enjoying adding a few extra non-XT workouts to this series. I had a few minutes left to workout, so wrapped it all up with the abs section of High Reps. Really enjoyed the workout today.

Tami, so great to hear about your eyes!! How fantastic that must feel. I'm really going to have to look into getting that done. I don't know if it is possible, but I'd sure like to try. I can't imagine how fun it would be to be able to see when I get up in the morning. Great job keeping up with your workouts! I've decided to start adding to XTrain, and I'm loving it right now. It is a good system, but just needs a little something to make me feel it is complete. So far this week, I'm loving it! it really felt great to get back to it, that's for sure. Glad to hear DH is feeling better. Sounds like he had it pretty seriously.

Laurie, great job on the workouts. Glad to hear the house is coming together nicely. I'm sorry to hear about the faire, as you've been so dedicated to that. That can't feel good. :flowerforyou:

Erika and Michelle, hope you are well!!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Laurel - i'm doing Cathe Slow and Heavy. Actually tomorrow I'm going to try Pyramid. I got them both as daily deals. I haven't taken the plunge for x-train yet. I don't know. I would love to complete a "program" but I hate waking up and being "told" what to do. I like to shake it up. But, with all the premixes on x-train, I think it would be fun. Excellent job with your workouts this week. Love the noodle arms!

Laurie- Great job getting your workouts in last night. I'm right there with you on the cleaning. Sat I am always do my usual routine and then try to hit some extra project. This weekend I will be washing blinds- my least favorite! If I don't get my workouts in right away, the day gets away from me.

Tami- Glad your eye surgery was a success. Way to get right back into your workouts. You are hard core!!!!

Michelle- sounds like you got an amazing workout in. Love the leg lifts in the shower.:wink: I've decided to add in 100 jumping jacks 3 times a day. It adds up. How was shopping? That's my favorite cardio!!! Hope your cough gets better.

Erika- I was cooking and cleaning during the first half and then missed the second, and more exciting half.

As for me, I have been on a cardio kick for the past few days, mostly because it's what I do when I don't want to do anything else. Tomorrow, I will try Cathe Pyramid lower for the first time. Hopefully it will motivate me to get my lift back on. I head to Las Vegas a week from Friday and i want to look my best! It's a family reunion, nothing wild and crazy, but it should be fun.,
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~
    BootCamp was a big crowd again last night :ohwell: which forced her to only do stations. So we did two rounds of stations and then about 10 min of abwork at the end. It was a good class. Lots of legs & core work, but no sprints or lines. :wink: This a.m. was more legs w/ XT Cardio Legs Extreme pre-mix and tonight will be Insane-X. I’ll probably be feeling that leg work tonight.

Laurie: Looked like you had a fabulous workout last night with that combo! :smile: Nice work lady. Sounds like the projects will definitely make for a happy home … clean windows is such a great feeling. This time of year mine really take a back burner. Nose prints on the slider, water marks …. :noway: OY! Sorry to hear that for your DH on the faire time being less. Is he disappointed?

Laurel: I was wondering what you would add on for Bi’s/Tri’s workout?!?:wink: I've been trying to pre-plan for the "add-ons" so I can allow myself enough time in the a.m. That is such a short one, I’m thinking of doing the exact same thing w/ the 100 rep challenge(s). I’m going for “noodle arms” as well.:laugh: I'm anxious to do Tabatacise! :bigsmile: I think planning/adding into the rotation will be the key to this program for me too, I agree 100% :bigsmile: I hope you could be a candidate for Lasik, there are so many options out there now it’s well worth looking into. Yes, the early wake-ups and not messing with contacts is so nice.

Kelly: Thank you for the well wishes on my eyes!:flowerforyou: Those are two really great workouts you purchased! S&H and Pyramid. I think you will enjoy them both. I get on cardio kicks as well, they seem to always provide a fun factor when I don’t know what workout I feel like doing or if I have come out of a long rotation and just missing some of the good cardio’s that are out there. Good job getting in your workouts:wink: Vegas sounds like it will be lots of fun.

Hi Erika & Michelle ~:happy:

Talk to you all tomorrow,
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Last night was my own made up UB pyramid up workout followed up by Hiit. I had the hubby and 2 boys joining me, so it was a tight little room last night! :laugh: Monday night was a rest night, as I was just too comfy on the couch chillin' with my boys! :bigsmile:

Tami--I'm so glad to hear the Lasik went well. I sure hope I'm a candidate for that some day! Right now, my eyes keep changing slightly every couple of years, so the dr. doesn't feel it's a good investment, as I'd likely need to incorporate contacts again in a few years. :ohwell: Great job on picking right back up on the workouts! :bigsmile: What a bummer that Boot Camp is so crowded. I like having people to workout, but when it limits what the instructor can do, it can be frustrating. Especially considering I'm sure you were hoping for sprints and/or lines! :wink:

Laurie--Great work on the Combat workouts. I STILL haven't gotten to any more of the workouts yet. I keep forgetting about them! I need to though, because they are so much fun! :bigsmile: I did get the Zuzka 3 DVD set, and LOVE it. I can add my own music, she does the full workout with you, and there are so many different workouts to chose from. I did notice though, that she does burpees in every single workout. However, I did 70 of them in a row the other night, and my back didn't bother me one bit. I still think it's jump roping for too long that does it. I had to :laugh: on your comment about your house having so much wood in it, as we have a ton in ours too, and I hate having to clean it all. But, it sure does look nice! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Wow, sounds like your DOMS really kicked in from the calf raises, and then you threw Combat and Squeeze at them!??! :tongue: I bet your body is sore now! Way to go on getting those workouts in, and taking a day of rest to recover too. I did get the Zuzka workouts...I would say they are pretty high impact, however, very easy to modify and she doesn't whip through them because she is tired! No music, so you add your own, and short...so far, 15 minutes (about 20 with wu and cd) is the longest. Just can't beat the price either!

Laurel--I'm happy to hear your trip was a success, and now mom can use the internet to communicate with you! :bigsmile: Great job on adding on to your workouts, as needed. I love your energy and how you are always up for more! Keep it up!

Hi Kelly!

Time to get ready for work...the boys are up already, better get movin!

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning hubby and I hit the neighborhood and did 3 miles and then I decided to do something different Booty Barre Express and it was short and sweet:bigsmile: , a good sub for LB work. I'm looking at doing Bum Bum also but it is actually scheduled for tomorrow with Hight & Tight so depending on if my muscles talk to me I'm hoping to add something else today...hmnn maybe some dreaded Ab work:tongue: The weather is foggy and dreary here and my back is twinging along with my knees..weather or curtsy lunges with KCM:huh:

Erika- The price is awesome plus her body is amazing and although she states that those are her type of workouts only:huh: ..geeesh obviously genetics are superb in that family:laugh: Relaxing this weekend really made a difference in alleviating my DOMS and most of that came from Squueze Stronger:bigsmile: , I think my booty is becoming accustom to the workouts so it hurts while working out but my muscles are adapting.

Kelly- Those calf raises really burn but I'm determined to trim these babies down as I have always suffereed from the dreaded big calf and the inability to wear tall boots. Hoefully the daily repetitions will break it down and decrease the size. Shopping:blushing: ..I'm surfing the net in Bloomingdales and Nordstrom right now:laugh: The weekend shopping was more of a Target spree for household goods and hair products for the girls, then wwe hit ToysR'Us for Skylander figurines for the girls for A honor roll and the youngest wanted to use her Xmas gift cards.

Laurel- Welcome back! During our Xmas visit to my mom's, house, my hubby also set up her wireless system as we had purchased the Kindle Fire for Christmas hoping to further open up the world of the internet for her and provide a way of emailing the girls. So far so good! I'm so happy to hear that is she is doing so well:flowerforyou:

Tami- Yeah on a great outcome:drinker: . My eyes are not that bad so maybe in a few more years that will be an option for me but I'm excited to hear of the 20/15:bigsmile: Simply Amazing!

Laurie-Yes Les Mills has obviously been around for a bit and I'm late to the party:blushing: . Apparently Les Mills BodyJam was really big pior to Zumba and he lost a lot of his market to Zumba followers especially overeseas, then he followed up with Step workouts, BodyPump via BB and now Combat. The BodyJam was fun as it did not require too much intricate choreography, it included Salsa, techno, and Hip-Hop and of course for me it really is the music that gets my energy on overload:laugh:

Have a great day..off to eat breakfast.

Michelle
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last night I got home from my hair appointment later than I expected, both girls decided to join me. One got a trim, and the other color. Anyway Combat 60 is on the agenda for today. Have to leave work early today to take youngest to the podiatrist. She is getting the warts on her foot removed with acid! :huh: I'm hoping she isn't in to much pain afterward.

Laurel, :drinker: on the noodle arms! That must be a good challenge also. The faire thing is really strange for me. On one hand I really am glad that we are not so involved, and would have been able to attend when we wanted to. On the other hand, I don't want to attend at all because of the attitudes of some people. :wink:

Kelly, Pyramid Lower Body is a great workout, hope you like it. LOL on being told what to do. :wink: I'm one of those that needs to have a rotation or I stand in front of my DVD's wondering what I want to do. :wink: I will probably hit the blinds also, since I'm at the window anyway. :laugh:

Tami, Are you getting big crowds because of the new year resolution people, or because the class is so good? :wink: Sounds like your legs are really getting special attention. :laugh: LOL on the nose prints. Yep that is what I have on about five windows. Cami will follow a critter from one downstairs window to another. Usually they travel from the back yard, and go to the tree in the front yard. She starts at the back sliding door, and hits every window along the way. :laugh: I think that DH is disappointed in the attitude of certain people, and that is making him not want to go. Like I have said before, they tend to do the high school attitude thing. Put the hate on people we don't like, or that they feel treated them the wrong way. :grumble: Oh well, we will find many things to do with our time. :wink:

Erika, WTG on the workouts, sounds like a ton of fun trying to squeeze everyone in there. :laugh: The description of those Zuzka workouts sound like great add ons. :wink: I'm actually good with burpees if the instructor doesn't add in a push-up. I just like the regular burpee with a jump at the end. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another terrific workout combo this morning. I started with Tabatacize and did premix 13. This premix includes 3 (out of 5) tabatas, Burn Sets Back, and Core 2. It rings in at right under an hour. It was actually kind of tough going from those tabatas right into heavy weight lifting (Burn Sets back starts with dumbbell rows at 35#), but I enjoyed the challenge. I felt like a good leg workout today, so I finished with Lower Body Blast. Loved it!

Laurie, yikes on your daughers feet! I had that done when I was about 14. Not fun at all, but it is the only time I've ever had that problem, thankfully. Hope it isn't too bad for her. I'm sorry the people are ruining the faire for you. It is just a shame when adults can't act like adults. I'm becoming increasingly convinced that nobody ever really grows up.....we just get older. :ohwell: Sometimes I look around the room to try to find the 'older person in charge' only to realize I'm it!! How did that happen? :huh:

Michelle, we gave my Mom a choice of a Kindle or a mini iPad. She chose the latter. I'm so happy to hear your mother is using her Kindle. It gives me hope that my Mom will use her little iPad as well. I did get an email from her yesterday.....but no response to my email in return yet. Good job on the workouts!

Erika, how fun to workout with your boys! You are such a good role model for them when it comes to fitness. I love that! Yep, I must admit I'm kind of happy to be back to more 'normal' workouts for me. I tried to cut them back. I just feel better this way, so I'm going to keep on keeping on until my body says 'nope'!

Tami, I'm really anxious to hear how you enjoyed Tabatacize. I just love it! It is right down my fitness lane. Tough but flies by. I'm anxious to do more of the Tabatas, but knew time was limited this morning and wanted to get a good leg workout in. But at the end of LBB, I was glad I hadn't done more because I was feeling my workout this morning. Good stuff!

Kelly, I'm sorry I thought you were doing XTrain. :blushing: I hope you enjoyed PLB. It's a tough one for me to say I like, though when I do it, I enjoy it. It's just all those step-ups/leg presses in the beginning that put me off (not my favorite exercise). But the floor work in that routine is some of Cathe's best, and it is short at that. Very effective workout. I enjoy both the Pyramid and Slow and Heavy workouts quite a bit, though I can't do S&H for more than a few weeks at a time before I need to move on to something else. I go through stages where I'm cardio heavy, and others where I'm more focused on strength training, so if you feel like cardio....do cardio. Better that than doing nothing, right? :smile:

Hope you all are having a good day!

Laurel