Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, TGIF!!! :bigsmile:

We got about 5" of snow last night/today, which turned out to be ok as the drive was fine. For some reason, the work day felt really long though...I was ready for a break! I'm being put on some special projects which involve lots of analysis of how Health Care Reform is going to impact our clients. It makes my head spin! :grumble:

Tonight was a new workout, Jessica Smith Cardio Abs. I immediately thought of Michelle and Laurie on this one. If you ladies don't have it, I think you'd really like it. I only did the Cardio Abs part (30 minutes). It was a really night, heart pounding, but low impact kickboxing workout. LOVED it! There are also 2 other 30 minute workouts, which are designed to work the abs, while you get in strength and/or cardio. Highly recommend!

Tami--Great job getting in the workout! Isn't that funny how dogs watch and feel then need to join in when you work out? :laugh: I still get kisses every time I near the floor for push ups/sit ups. Makes me laugh! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Your DD's outfit sounds so cute! I am sure she's getting to the age where isn't not as fun for her as for you...mine are getting there too. I'm glad to hear the temps are warming up, but sounds gloomy, and a good day for snuggles on the couch! If I lived closer, I'd be stopping by for your fab meals today...sounds awesome!

Laurel--Fabulous job on the workout combo. I went back and forth on Super Cuts...sounds like I have another workout to keep my eye on! :bigsmile: I'm with you on the snow days...we don't get many here, maybe 1 every 2-3 years, but they do pick some odd days to be the snow days, when looking at others that were much worse. I noticed that schools to our south and west by about an hour have been cancelled a lot. We have friends in Iowa that are on their 14th or 15th snow day, so they now do not get spring break, and have to go into June (they start in August). That would stink!

Laurie--What an awesome way to end the week, with a glowing review!!! Having a great boss makes all the difference, I'm glad you have a good one! :bigsmile: Your workouts for the weekend sound great...enjoy!

Time to kick the boys off the PS3 for some snuggle time! :bigsmile: Have a great weekend!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout this weekend, but did get the neglected house cleaning done. :wink: I'm feeling so much better, and plan on continuing my Combat rotation from where I left it. So after work I will be doing Combat 45.

So did everyone see that Cathe is going to be shooting more DVD's. She hasn't mentioned what she will be doing, but is asking for feedback on a greatest hits DVD that would be free with the purchase of this new set. It appears that Kelly Coffey is also coming out with some type of kickboxing, hope this one doesn't have the step in it like her last one did.

Michelle, Hope your dd had a great time dressed up as Einstien, how fun that sounds. :wink: I love crab salad, but sadly I am the only one in the house that will eat it. :frown: So I don't make it to often.

Laurel, WTG on the workouts! I have heard that Tabatasize and Super Cuts are two of the workouts that people tend to enjoy the most. :wink: I have a tendency to like to many workouts. :laugh: And if I can get the workouts for really cheap, then I'm all in. :laugh:

Tami, Sounds like a great workout, hope you had a good time this weekend also. The real estate area is one of the hardest hit, so can understand why you have not gotten raises. We are dog sitting for my brothers dog this week, and it sure is interesting walking this big and little dog around the neighborhood. Cami tends to go slow, and Gabby wants to hurry. :noway: She tries her hardest to get onto our furniture, but that is something that I will not allow. Talk about a sad face afterward. :laugh:

Erika, I hope you are able to give good feedback about that bill, it sure does sound complicated. I get everyone of Jessica's workouts on her web page. Have not tried any of them yet, but some of them look really good. I'm so surprised that she is giving them away for free, so nice of her. That kickboxing workout is one that I really was looking at, and glad to hear that you loved it.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I worked all weekend so by 6pm my brain was exhausted with all of these essays:yawn: I have not been sleeping well and then DD was sick this weekend with a temperature, sore throat and slight vomiting. My cough has also increased and the doctor did say it usually lingers for 8 weeks but maybe it went dormant:grumble: I did nothing all weekend and felt really tired and irritable also due to a wierd TOM, still here:noway: Tomorrow is my off day so I plan on a vigorous routine after a good nights rest:bigsmile:

Erika- I have taken that one out of my shopping cart so many times due to reviews on different sites. I love Jessica and it looks like so much fun to me so I'm glad to get your review on the dvd:wink: If you lived near you could bring the boys over anytime for workout and dinner dates:bigsmile: The project sounds great as I sometimes have to explain to people or my in-laws who are elderly and sick and will reap benefits from the Act when it fully kicks in to alleviate their financial burden.

Laurie- I'm the only one eating my crab salad here too:wink: I have used it with crackers for breakfast, on top of salads with avocado and in wraps for sandwiches. Yummy! I'm glad I don't have to share:tongue:

Laurel- My hubby is a meat man and prior to our marriage I was vegetarian until my bridesmaids and I went to the Caribbean for my pre-wedding hoorah, there I indulged in meat and paid the price with a severe breakout which cleared up by the next month on time for my big day:laugh: During my pregnancies I either hated meat or loved it and each child now has the same affinity, my eldest does not like to eat carbs and I could only eat carbs during that pregnancy and my youngest hates meat and I loved protein during that pregnancy:ohwell: Now that I'm older I enjoy red meat and it actually helps me to lose weight when I indulge in steak and veggies:tongue:

Tami- Glad you were able to get your Taba in and enjoyed it. I was not going to get Yoga Warrior due to reviews which stated it was too advanced but I remember both you and Laurie enjoying the dvd so I bought it anyway:wink:

Ok back to my workers and my cup of coffee:drinker:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We had a lovely Saturday and a 'blizzard' yesterday. :noway: It wasn't much of a blizzard by my standards, but apparently we were also protected from the bulk of the storm where we live. But at least we got some more snow, and, right now, I'll take it in whatever fashion it comes. Saturday was my day off from working out, but got back to XTrain yesterday with Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's onto which I added the 100 reps of both biceps and triceps. Good stuff! I followed it with Step Moves.

Today I started with Afterburn. I followed it with the leg portion of Muscle Max and then premix 3 of XTrain Legs. I really tried to talk myself out of doing the latter workout this morning, which is one of the reason I did somewhat leg intensive work before I got to it. But I think this may be one of the last times XT Legs is used in the rotation, so I decided to try to stick it out one more time. I will say that by the end of the 2.5 hour workout, my legs felt a bit like rubber. I like that!

Laurie, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better and up to starting your Combat rotation again! Good news! I'm really excited about what Cathe may have to offer next. I was thinking about it this morning while I was working out and wondering if she will focus on something in particular (strength, cardio, low impact, etc) or whether she will just be doing a couple/few fun workouts like she did when she filmed To The Max and Cross Fire. And I can't wait to see what she picks for her greatest hits!! I think she could put together one of those each month for a year! Maybe I should recommend that. :tongue:

Erika, oh my your special project sounds like a challenge. I could see where it would be interesting to learn all of that but, at the same time, negotiating the minefield of legislation like that will definitely make your head spin!! Glad you enjoyed the new workout! Sounds fantastic. I think you'd like Super Cuts. It really is short and effective. In doing Afterburn this morning, I was surprised how much it differs to me from Super Cuts in how it makes me feel. Afterburn is more cardio. I think Super Cuts is more functional training. Again, they just feel very different to me.

Tami, well I gutted out XTrain Legs one more time! But I'm with you. I can't help but feel there are much better leg workouts available to do. But it did feel very effective after the first two workouts I did. :ohwell: I'm already beginning to think about my next rotation. Are you? I know you mentioned possibly doing Cathe's February rotation but, as sad as it makes me to say this, I think I'm going to be ready to do something besides XTrain when this rotation is over. I like the series, but there really is alot of repetition in the rotation, and I think I need a break from that. I'm actually toying with doing the P90X/P90X2 combo. I don't know if I'm ready to go back to Tony yet, though. So many decisions! But I have five more weeks to figure it out!

Michelle, sounds like you have a bad case of the sickies going through your house this winter! No fun. It's interesting that you say red meat helps you lose weight. I've never thought of that. I eat very little meat and the last time I went to see my in-laws (who are meat and potato people), I thought my stomach was going to fall out of my body. Not good. My tummy just doesn't like heavy meat meals at all, and it never has. I'm fine with leaner, lighter meats (like turkey, chicken, fish), but red beef never has sat well with me. Combine that with starch....and I'm a goner (and not in a good way).

Off to get my hair made pretty!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies ~

Very quiet weekend w/out DH at home but was able to get some things done around the house and my workouts. Plus on Sunday with no Volleyball I was able to get up, have my coffee and relax for a bit before workout, errands, etc. Sat was Spinning in the a.m. and Sun was Legs – I did the Cardio Burst Leg workout, xtreme premix and it was great. Took the dogs for a walk a little later. Today Bis/Tris and tonight will be BootCamp.

Erika: Sounds like you got hit with a bunch of snow! I bet you are loving it Nice job finding a good ab workout that you enjoyed. I don’t know if you have the Jillian Michaels ab workouts but I know that recent one she put out I really like. Has two 30 min workouts on it. Hope you had a nice weekend.

Laurie: I did see that on Cathe’s new bundle! Read her newsletter this a.m. Once again they sound amazing …. Minus the complex choreography step DVD. That probably won’t hit my player but the others sound fabulous.:bigsmile: Great to hear you are feeling better and were able to get some housework done. Hope you enjoy your Combat 45 workout! Sounds like a perfect plan to just go from where you left off.

Michelle: Sorry to hear you are still hanging on to that cough and not feeling the best. :ohwell: Hopefully you can get a good night’s sleep tonight. It makes everything feel worse when you don’t sleep well, that’s forsure. Glad to hear you went ahead with getting the Yoga Warrior DVD. I think you will enjoy it!

Laurel: I was wondering about all your snow! I heard Denver was hit with a bunch. Fabulous job on the 2.5 hour workout! Nice work and you’re better than I, I allowed myself to talk myself out of XT Legs and did the Cardio Leg Blast Xtreme workout instead. Not sure how I had legs and then Bi’s/Tri’s today but any rate …. Can’t believe we will be in our last month of XT starting next week. I was getting my March calendar all penciled in last night. Yowsa this is flying by.:noway: Yes, I’m with you … I need to already start preparing my thoughts around what is next, so it doesn’t sneak up on me. I am thinking the February rotation (w/ some add-ons) for now. Then after that I’m thinking P90X2! :wink: So as usual it is sounding like we are on a similar thought process. Did you read Cathe's newletter today? It does sound like another great bundle of workouts! Not focused on one thing in particular but a variety of great workouts. As I mentioned to Laurie, one of the step workouts (there are two) sounds like the choreography may leave me standing there, but the other one might be better for me. All the other descriptions sound fabulous, of course.

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Quick check-in before it's time to get ready for work....the weekend was filled with great workouts, I also got Tracey Mallett's F.I.T. workout, which was super fun! We had lots of hockey all weekend, and hubby is sick again, but this time I think it's going to plague me too. This is the 2nd morning with a sore throat, so I'm sipping on hot lemon water to see if I can get rid of it. Lots of sleep and kicking butt during my workouts usually keeps the crud at bay, so we'll see what happens!

Tami--Sounds like a productive weekend, and I bet it was nice to get your workouts in after having some quiet, relaxing time before! :bigsmile: I don't have the Jillian Abs workout...I've looked at it a few times, but decided against it for some reason. I'll have to re-visit that one!

Laurel--Congrats on the snow you got over the weekend! :laugh: We've got the melting going on here...mid 30's all week means soggy everything! But, it sounds like we've got another storm headed our way for the weekend, which could hinder travels, as my oldest has a tourney in WI, and I'm here with my youngest in MN, but trying to get out to the games each day in WI. Could be interesting! I hope your hair appt. was fun!

Michelle--Bummer on not feeling well this weekend...your household sounds like mine. Hubby is sick (just a bad virus), he's been sleeping like crap, as have I, and TOM is just around the corner. I just pray I don't get sick for the weekend, as hubby will be gone with the oldest in WI for a hockey tourney, so I'm in charge of getting the youngest to his events. Not fun if I'm sick! Hopefully you'll be able to make it out without catching what hubby has!

Laurie--I'm glad to hear you were able to get a lot of things done around the house, since you are now feeling better! :bigsmile: I had heard both Cathe and KCM are filming new workouts. I'm actually off the KCM train now (only 2 workouts left of hers that I've kept and still like), so I'm more interested in what Cathe will be putting out! Good to know on Jessica's workouts being on her website, I never knew that!

Well, time to get ready for the day. Have a good one!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with XTrain All Out Low Impact Hiit, and I added on Intensity's High and Low Impact Hiit sections plus the Bootcamp portion to make this a nice 75 minute cardio workout. I've done that once before during this rotation, and I really like this blend of workouts. I followed it with STS Weight and Plates abs, which is always fun.

Erika, I'm sorry to hear your husband is sick. I hope you don't catch it and that the hot tea, good sleep and good workouts keep it far away from you. Good job on the workouts over the weekend. Hope the snow doesn't get you too much. We're supposed to get more today, and then it looks dry for some time. I'm actually really enjoying having some snow around for now.

Tami, I looked at the XTrain rotation a little closer today and noticed that Legs is done twice more in this rotation. So smart move on subbing it out on Sunday! I don't know if I'll do it two more times, if I'm being honest. But I am with you....this rotation is flying by. I still feel like I'm getting the feel of it! I was interested in Cathe's newsletter and these new workouts. Except for the step workouts, I'm really excited about the rest. I don't know why I'm not excited for more step because I usually LOVE step. I just think I've really learned to enjoy the style of cardio Cathe has done in the LIS, To The Max, Cross Fire and XTrain so going back to steady state step seems unusual to me. But I'm sure she will put something together I love because I still enjoy her other step workouts when I get to doing them. I was wondering when you were going to try P90X2! I can't wait to see how you enjoy it. I was noticing today when I was doing Weights and Plates that I'm losing some of the core strength P90X2 really gave me, and that's one of the reasons I'm toying with going back to the program again. But, for some reason, STS is really beginning to call me back too. :noway: I guess I have another month to decide!

Laurie and Michelle, hope you are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile: Last night’s BootCamp was just what I needed. I was not “feelin it” right before going (just a long boring day at work I guess) but knew I would feel better after and I did. It wasn’t crazy tough stuff …. Although at the very end we did 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups & 100 jump ups on the bench. I guess because we didn’t do our normal cardio drills or tons of running she made it up there. This a.m. was All Out LI HiiT – I did the xtreme premix, which felt perfect. :bigsmile: Tonight will be Insane-X.

Erika: Sounds like another busy weekend forsure and sorry to hear hubby is sick. I hope with your workouts, hot tea and positive attitude you will keep it away from you! I will look at the name of that JM abs workout if you want. Sorry, I couldn’t remember it yesterday. That way if you re-visit the idea you will know which one I was talking about.

Laurel: Nice combo this a.m.:wink: I need to make a note of that one and try it one of these times! So many options . . . Great work! I feel the same way, now that I’m kind of making it “my own” so to speak w/ add-ons and substitutions I’m just getting in the rhythm of this rotation. Yes, P90X2 is on my mind to try so that will be coming soon I’m sure.:bigsmile: I’m sure I’ll have questions for you as I get going in that direction. STS is always in my thoughts to do again & again, such a great program. I don’t blame you for that one calling your name!

Hello Michelle & Laurie:flowerforyou:

• bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was my off day and although I had plan to relax and read of course I did the complete opposite, although I was able to get my eyebrows and hair done:grumble: Last night I also experimented with my Green bean casserole, adding mushrooms and diced ham for tonight's dinner since I'm working today. This weekend hubby cleaned out the youngest draws and did all of her laundry but he also stopped packing stuff away when he ran out of space, so needless to say when I saw the pile of pajamas on the bed and unpaired socks I decided to get that room in order. Afterwards I just continued into the kitchen and these dusty wood floors that are a pain in the butt:grumble: I did Jessica Smith Better Body Blast on Monday night and yesterday I opened my new Leah Sarago Ballet Body...hmnn the moves were tough yesterday but no DOMS this morning:huh: :grumble: maybe tomorrow:laugh: I'm back to work today and the little one is home with me due to a nasty cough and a reoccurring temperature which indicates something is definitely in her system, so hopefully rest, medicine, and a nice Vicks vapor rub will have her feeling better tomorrow.

Erika- I ordered the Cardio Abs and it should be here tomorrow:wink: I also ordered Cathe's Turbo Barre so that will be interesting to try for sure:laugh: Everyone is getting better except for the little one and now with swim practice and piano classes starting, I need everyone to get and stay healthy:grumble:

Laurie- I hope that all is well and the weather is not too bad there.:flowerforyou:

Laurel- I understand the heavy feeling for some people when it comes to red meat. When I omitted it years ago and lived vegetarian for 2 years it was more of a spiritual choice versus a palate based decision. In all honesty I'm not sure how my body responded back then as I just avoided it except for home visits, etc but now I do see that it does aid in weight loss versus my chicken breasts selections:tongue: Yesterday I had a yummy light lunch of grilled chicken breast with Paul Newmans' Mango salsa..Yummy!:love: Today I have my Pear Gongonzola salad mix with a yummy pear vinaigarette and frosted walnuts..finally found in my local Publix:love:

Tami- Glad to hear that the Bootcamp was able to perk you up and the 300 mix sounds pretty hardcore...100 push-ups:noway: :laugh:

Ok off to get started and hopefully jump on the treadmill for an interval run this morning or during my lunch break:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! This morning started with Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders. I don't know why this happens, but my mind always seems to wander during this workout, and I too often forget that last set is a burn set. I guess that says how much attention I'm paying to Cathe's chatter sometimes. :blushing: But today I tried to focus more, and now my arms are jelly. Very good. I finished it with Cardio Supersets and did the premix that includes the step bonus. Good combination. After not liking Cathe's LIS when she first released it, I'm amazed at how often I am reaching for these workouts now because I love the feeling of getting a total body workout from them. Glad I hung on to them and kept giving them a try.

Tami, I hear you about how a good workout can push you out of a funk. I know that happens to me alot. And it sounds like it was the perfect class for that.....not too hard but hard enough. Those 100s sound tough though! I will have to try the Low Impact HiiT extreme workout soon. I bet it would make it feel much more like a full workout than the standard version does. I will answer any questions you have on X2. I really think you'll enjoy it, especially if--like in XTrain--you make it your own. I know it took me awhile to adjust to the style, but, as you know, I really grew to love it.

Michelle, I hope your little one gets to feeling better soon. Your menu over these couple of days sounds fantastic! I love Pear Gargonzola salad. So light and fresh. And I'm jealous about your Publix. I've only ever been in one (last August when we were in Florida), but it was one of the nicest grocery stores I've ever been in......and I've been in alot of grocery stores. :tongue: I keep trying to convince DH we need to move to Florida....because they have Publix. :wink: Well, that's not the only reason. :ohwell: I hope you enjoy your new workouts. Cathe's Turbo Barre is long (75 or 80 minutes), but there are alot of shorter premixes. I enjoy Turbo Barre though, especially on those days when I want to workout but I don't want to pound myself into the ground. It isn't easy to do, but it isn't tough on the body either. And I like that.

Erika and Laurie, hope you are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies :smile: Insane-X was a good one. She talked to a few of us prior to class and bounced some ideas she had. Same method of training as usual but she’s trying to incorporate some other moves in. One of the things she did was push-ups before and after each round and then burpees before & after each round. XTrain Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders & Spinning are today’s workouts!

Michelle: Sounds like you were able to get a lot accomplished yesterday, nice job! :smile: I’m with you on wood floors. We have 90% wood floors and I swear I just clean them and then I see prints/dust, etc. It’s never ending, especially when the sun shines through. I do like the looks of them though. Sounds like you’re trying out some new workouts and enjoying them, that’s great! Hopefully your little one is better very soon. Yes, the 100-100-100 does sound brutal I know. She lets you split it up into any number combo. So sets of 25, 50 or however you want to do it. :wink: Still a lot but makes it a little more doable.

Laurel: Great combo today! :bigsmile: I’m so glad you learned to love the LIS workouts so much. They are truly great ones I think. Minus the step one (for me) that I put a reminder on not to reach for due to my specialness in step choreography. :blushing: :laugh: Yes, in regard to P90X2 I was thinking you added on to the program or changed it up a bit. There isn’t much for cardio with this program right?

Hope you are all having a good day!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies!

Well, the cold bug hit me hard this morning. :grumble: I was fine last night, even got a great treadmill hiit run in, but this morning woke up all stuffed up, foggy headed and groggy. But, I pushed through my work day, and got in my workout tonight, so it will be the humidifier and Vick's tonight to help me sleep through the night! Hopefully the course is short, as we have a very full weekend with hockey travels being included. Lots of water, tea, and vitamin C going on here! :bigsmile:

Tami--I love how the Bootcamp class seemed not as hard, and then she throws the 100's in there at the end! :laugh: I bet some thought they were getting off easy and then WHAM! I'm glad your Insane X class was fun, and she asked for some feedback. Makes it more fun that way!

Laurel--Sounds like you had a Hiit fest! :laugh: Super fun, I bet! I tend to let my mind wander with most Cathe workouts, I don't know why though? I think because it's hard, and I'm pushing heavy weights, so I'm trying to think of something else to get through it! No snow here, but lots of melting. We'll see what the weekend brings!

Michelle--I'm glad you had a nice productive rest day! :wink: Sound like you got a lot done, now if your DD would get better, everything would be headed in the right direction. I hope you like the Cardio Abs DVD...I just did another Jessica workout off of her You Tube channel, and it was a hit. 2 in 1 toning I think it was called. I really like Jessica, and told her so via her website, to which she responded right away with a great big Thank you!

Laurie--I hope you are doing well and feeling better each day! :flowerforyou:

Time to snuggle up in bed!

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm feeling so much soreness today:noway: spoke to soon and then last night hubby came home and we did 3 miles in the neighborhood:ohwell: I'm feeling lazy and I'm definitely enjoying doing nothing today, although I have some errands I'm definitely avoiding:blushing: .

Laurie- I hope everything is ok this week.:flowerforyou:

Erika- Bummer on the cold bug, grab some vicks, a sweater and hit the bed to recuperate. My dvd arrived today and I was on her FB page looking at her schedule, etc so hopefully I will work off the aches especially in my hamstrings and open the dvd on the weekend.:bigsmile: Feel better soon:flowerforyou:

Laurel- I absolutely love Publix, well at least the one here and in Northern Florida:love: As a prior Grocery manager and food inspector, the store here is a dream in particularly their customer service. Compared to the commissary their prices are way higher but I love the ambience and the CS, it reminds me of some of the grocery stores in California where customer service is their priority. It annoys me when I visit other stores and I realize just how friendly and helpful my store here is in comparison:laugh: helping to unload my cart..they spoil me here:tongue:

Tami- Yes my dvds arrived and I'm still shocked that I was able to purchase 5 dvds for that price:bigsmile: Splitting up the 100 is way doable for me although the push-ups still sound brutal:blushing: I too love the look of these dark cherry Brazillian floors but maintenance is a pain not to mention figuring out the best cleaner, etc. In our Texas home our first floor were 18" porcelain tiles so clean up with the steam mop was quick and efficient, now everything shows on these floors :grumble:

Ok after my cup of lemon tea I'm heading to Publix:love: for some crab salad for tomorrow, hopefully I will leave their deli alone as I spent over 30 minutes last week testing their cheeses and buying some yummy Meunster cheese and Boar's Head meats:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had a good workout today. I started with Tabatacise, and did the entire workout. I followed it up with Butts and Guts, which made for a great combo. My legs were feeling it a bit towards the end because, for whatever reason, the Tabatacise workouts seems to fatigue my legs a bit. Maybe it's all the jumping. :ohwell:

Tami, how great that your instructor is trying to shake things up in the class. It sounds like a tough shake-up though! Regarding P90X2, I did change it up a bit. During the early phase, I added more strength training because the first phase is so very balance and core focused. I also did cardio on all days except for the Plyo leg days when I had a tendency to add more leg work into the rotation. I will have to look again at what I did, but I know I enjoyed the bonus workouts that are available and didn't like the back/leg workout he had included. So I did alot of substituting for that, and believe I may have substituted in my own leg routine plus the bonus workouts. As you get into it and if you have any questions, I'll go back to see what I did because I know by the end of the rotation--much like XTrain--I found that I had really made the program work for me.

Erika, so sorry to hear about the cold bug! I hope it goes away quickly. Sounds like you are keeping busy through it, though. My mind wanders through most of my workouts if I'm being perfectly honest. :blushing: Sometimes I'm just really focused on what I'm doing, but often it is my time to work through my day ahead. I know Cathe says not to do that, but.....:ohwell: . Feel better soon!

Michelle, enjoy your day off! I guess you did jinx yourself with that comment about DOMS a couple of days ago. It's funny that you compare Publix to the stores in California, because the one I visited in nothern Florida reminded me of a grocery store we had across the street from us in Los Angeles. Just very nicely laid out, fresh (and unique) products, etc. And you are right about customer service. I love the commissary for saving money, but customer service is really hit-and-miss depending on the commissary, that's for sure.

Laurie, hope you are well!

I have an early appointment tomorrow, but I will try to check-in sometime during the day. If not, I hope you all have a great weekend!

all the best,
    Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Happy Thursday Ladies ~ :smile: Last night’s Spin class was a good one. Big Kahuna’s and lots of speed training! I even got an “atta girl” during class, which was nice! My feet must have been flying during one of the speed drills. :laugh: This a.m. was XTrain Tabatacise (1-5) and then went to the Insane Abs class for my lunch break today. Nice addition and of course great abwork. :wink:

Erika: Sorry to hear that cold bug settled in! :ohwell: I hope the humidifier, Vicks and some good sleep helped last night. Great job getting in your workouts and pushing through, hopefully it will help push that cold through as well.

Michelle: Hopefully a nice relaxing day today will help that soreness go away. Maybe the 3 miles will have loosened you up a bit as well. Enjoy your day and yum on the crab salad. :tongue: Sounds like you are really enjoying your new store!

Laurel: Yowsa :noway: nice combo today! I would imagine your legs were very fatigued after that. My legs were feeling it this a.m. after Tabata as well & I didn’t add on B&G. Nice work. :wink: My abs class today was a great addition to my a.m. workout. He makes it a tough class and of course includes burpees & side burpees. P90X2: That’s right, I think I wrote that down and put it in w/ my DVD’s about your substitution w/ the bonus workouts altogether for a couple of the regulars. Remembering that suggestion I did purchase the set w/ the bonus workouts. Also, remember you saying that there isn’t a lot of leg work w/ the program. Sounds great, as we get to that point I’ll ask ya more specifically about your substitutions/additions.

Laurie: Thinking about you, hoping all is well :flowerforyou:

• fitzfour
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies!

Today was better than yesterday, so I think this cold will be a short one. The Vick's helped, that's for sure! I decided a TF Low Impact Hiit was a good workout for tonight, as I needed something where I keep my head up versus something like yoga where it's down and I can feel the congestion pressure! :grumble:

Tami--Nice job in spin class...nothing better than a compliment at the end of a tough class! :bigsmile:

Laurel--That sounds like a jelly leg workout for sure! :bigsmile: My legs always get really shaky after lots of plyo work too. I must admit, when I did morning workouts, I was constantly thinking about my upcoming day. Now that I'm on nights, my mind doesn't wander as much, unless I'm really tired!

Michelle--Ooh, sounds like you need some nice stretching to get your body loosened up, but I bet the 3 miles helped.:bigsmile: I love the Cardio Abs dvd of Jessica's, but must admit her You Tube videos aren't my faves...the intensity just isn't there IMO.

Hi Laurie!

Have a great weekend! I'm off to a hockey game in WI after work and then I'll be running back and forth between our home and WI to get the youngest to his games, and go watch the oldest. But, it should be fun.

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After posting I decided to skip the tea and press play:bigsmile: I did Cardio Abs which loosened me up really good and then put in Cathe's Turbo Barre for a great combo:bigsmile: yes my glutes were feeling those moves but I truly enjoyed Cathe's version of Barre and of course the great Ab work and arm work was the icing on the cake. Overall I can see why it has 5 star ratings..new fav!

I was exhausted last night and went to bed early at 10pm after the eldest finished swim practice at 9pm, this schedule is kicking everyone's butt so looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. Today is seafood day and I picked up some crab salad, avocadoes and a cajun crab dip from Publix yesterday..bit spicy for my taste buds:blushing: but I will combine it with the regular salad for a nice blend of flavors:wink:

Erika- Sounds like a busy weekend. I'm definitely not excited about that part of swim team, competition up to 3 hours away every month plus the three nights a week 2hr practices are brutal with this league:frown: Enjoy your weekend!:bigsmile:

Laurel- I love the look of Cathe's arms in her new dvd promo email. I'm excited about the Lean legs and Rockout dvd, it seems like she seriously took those ideas and created a good mix, even adding Barre in this Lean Legs dvd:bigsmile: I'm excited to see the end product for sure this Summer. Unfortunately each commissary is a bit different with CS, so far I have had great experiences during the few visits there on the base but my Publix is closer:bigsmile:

Tami- Awesome on that "Atta girl":bigsmile: Yes the crab salad has become my new favorite, my next recipe will be some Shrimp quesadillas next friday or some Shrimp kabobs as my stainless steel skewers arrived yesterday:bigsmile:

Laurie- Do I need to send my search party for you?:tongue: I hope that you are feeling better so hurry back:flowerforyou:

Ok off to do some work and check in with my team.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Very late check-in for me today. But at least I got a good workout in. I only had time for one workout today, but I made it a goodie. I did Supercuts Extreme premix with Core 2. It felt fantastic. I really, really love this workout!

Michelle, I'm so glad you enjoyed Turbo Barre! It really is tough and thorough, isn't it? I, too, noticed Cathe's arms in her new DVD promo email. She is looking very lean right there. I'm excited about her new workouts too.

Erika, glad to hear this may be a short-lived cold for you. Good job choosing a workout that works for you. It has been a couple of months since I've done a TF workout. I'm really beginning to miss them. I am glad you continue to enjoy them every now and again. Those HiiT workouts are SO flexible, and I love that about them. Enjoy your weekend and all that running around!

Tami, I'm still laughing at the Big Kahuna's, but the description really works!! Nothing about it sounds easy. Glad you enjoyed the spinning class. I tell you, with Cathe putting out all these spinning DVDs now, I've had the odd thought about buying a spin bike. I've got to get that out of my head. While we have the room in our current house for one, I can't guarantee that everywhere. And I just need to last another year or two until we, hopefully, have a house of our own. But spinning definitely has my interest right now. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels that Tabata workout in my legs. It's a sneaky tough full body workout, isn't it?

Laurie, I hope you are doing all right. :flowerforyou:

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a good weekend. I did here in sunny Colorado....though it is supposed to snow today, which will be nice too.

Saturday was my day off from working out, but yesterday I started back up with Week 9 of XTrain. I did Chest, Back and Shoulders Extreme premix (which I loved!) followed by Cross Fire (minus the tabata sections because I was short on time). It was a great combo.

Today was Cardio Leg Blast Extreme premix followed by the leg/core section of Cathe's 4DS Kickbox. Another great combo. Hard to believe there are only four more weeks in this rotation. Like I said last week, I just now feel like I'm beginning to get into the rhythm of it since learning the workouts and figuring out which premixes would be best for me to do.

Off to get some work done around the house. Hope you all are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all Friday! :wink: I had a nice weekend, not really a lot on the agenda but it was good. I did however get in some good workouts.:smile: Friday was SuperCuts and Spinning, Sat a.m. I met my friend at Spinning. Yesterday was XTrain Chest/Shoulders/Back and I decided on the “Double Trouble” pre-mix!:bigsmile: It was great. My shoulders were on “fiya” at the end. Took the dogs for a walk later in the day and then DH took me out for dinner, it was nice. We also watched Argo – thought it was a great movie. With that being said, I stayed up later than normal so the ol snooze moments happened this a.m.:yawn: :blushing: Debating on getting that in tonight in place of BootCamp & then taking the kids for another walk. We have gorgeous weather today! Spring fever a bit here at my desk. We’ll see what I decide … either way I will make up for it this week!:wink:

Erika: Hopefully you have kicked your cold to the curb and feeling better! :smile: Sounds like you probably had another busy hockey weekend, hope it was a good one!

Michelle: Nice work the other day with Cardio Abs and Turbo Barre. Love it that you enjoyed her workout so much. :drinker: Hopefully you were able to get some sleep over the weekend and feel rested & refreshed. Yum on your food picks lately, sounds delicious.

Laurel: I’m with ya on Supercuts! :bigsmile: It’s such a fun workout and time just flies by. I know, “Big Kahunas” is funny, I always kind of laugh when she says we’re going to do them.:laugh: That’s great you have had the idea in your head about a spin bike. Maybe one of these days when you get into your permanent spot you can get one. I keep thinking I’ll take advantage of her download sale and purchase the newest cycling workout, just so I have it. Spinning has become one of my more relaxing cardio workouts. Even though it can be tough stuff, it’s lots of fun forsure. That Tabata does sneak up on you, it starts out and by the end your legs feel HEAVY. We have sunshine here today. It’s beautiful spring like weather. I’m debating on heading home and getting in my leg workout & taking the dogs for a walk in lieu of BootCamp. I know, shocking ….. reminds me of wanting to skip school when the first sunny days starting coming. I love what you did with your combo today! :bigsmile: Don’t you love the Xtreme premixes? I think whenever time allows I will always do those unless I am wanting to specifically add on something else. Great job with your follow-up yesterday as well with CrossFire. I think you would like Double Trouble … by the end I was thinking, how many push-ups are in this last round? :laugh: Not very many but my shoulders/chest were tired at that point. I cannot believe we only have 4 weeks left. :noway: This has absolutely flown by. I'm really leaning towards the Feb. rotation w/ some additions next so I have something to go right into. Are you going to be pre-ordering the new workouts? :blushing: :bigsmile:

Laurie: Hope everything’s ok – :flowerforyou: Miss you :smile:

Talk to you all tomorrow! Tami