Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane-X was a great class. She went back to an original format with 60 min of 3 min rounds/3 ea. No lines/sprints, which was actually a nice change after the last several weeks & was still a great Insanity workout.:wink: This a.m. was XT: Bis/Tris + 100 Rep Challenges on each. Felt good to get the arms burning a bit. Tonight will be Spinning after work for a little cardio.:smile:

Erika: Sounds like a perfect Monday night and great family workout last night! :wink: Thanks for the well wishes and yes, if your eyes are still changing a lot they don’t recommend it. Mine had been stable for about 8 yrs. It is a bummer on the BC class being so full, but understandable this time of year & the “Biggest Loser” competition started up again. They are required to take a couple classes as part of their program. Which is great, forces people out of their comfort zones forsure. It will be back to the normal crowd in a few weeks or so probably.

Michelle: Sounds like a perfect morning of activities!:happy: Hopefully those DOMs are all gone at this point?! The walk probably helped. We are lucky to have some sunshine peeking through today. Always feels good when you don’t see the sun week after week this time of year.

Laurie: I bet your hair feels great! :smile: Fun that the girls joined you Is your oldest home right now from college? Ouch on the wart removal,:noway: hope it is easy breezy for her and minimal pain or zero! The big crowds are because of the Biggest Loser competition going on. The class is good but usually with all the running she seems to scare people off. Between BC & Insane-X I feel like the burpee queen!:laugh: Holy cow we do a lot of burpees. Last night we did the side burpees, I was thinking how much easier they feel than when I was first doing them w/ ST. I used to favor one side than the other and last night felt good both directions. Funny how you get conditioned to certain things and don’t even recognize it, but after a gazillion of them I would hope so! I kind of feel like XT is pretty light on the legs as far as the program goes, so with my evening classes and “add-ons” I think I’m hitting the legs pretty good. :wink: Sounds like a change from the faire may not be such a bad thing for now then. Dealing with attitudes would be exhausting. :grumble: True, there are always ways to find more positive things to do with your time.

Laurel: Tabatacise is tomorrow for me!! :bigsmile: Can’t wait to report back to you tomorrow … I’m looking forward to this one so much and also Super Cuts. Two new ones into the mix this week, which is great! I’m not sure which premix I am doing (#15 seems to come to mind for what I glanced at). I’ll be back in sync with you after this week. Putting my workout forward a day on Monday has me a day off :ohwell: What a fabulous combo today! :drinker: Yowsa, nice work! Good thing you ran out of time (after what, 2+ hrs?!) or your poor legs would have been screamin at you. My mom absolutely loves her Ipad & Iphone. My older sister was the one who got her all dialed in last year with wireless, etc…..love it that they are all keeping up with technology best they can.

Hi Kelly – I hope Cathe’s Pyramid workout went well for you.:flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in Combat 60 last night. It is snowing again today, and it is supose to be a fairly good accumulation. DD's wart removal when really well, we where not there very long. She said that it was a little sore today, and was able to fine one pair of shoes that wasn't uncomfortable for her to wear.

Laurel, Sounds like a great workout, and it is nice that you where able to challenge yourself. :wink: It was interesting watching dd's reaction when the doc pulled out a scalpel to scrape the top of the warts off. But she was watching the whole time. That is encouraging since she plans on going into the medical field. :happy: LOL on being the adult, that is how I feel around those people also. There are only a handful that do not act like children.

Tami, I'm thinking that you where kind of dreading those lines! :wink: Glad that you enjoyed the workout. Do they give prizes away for this biggest loser challenge? I'm guessing so, since there are so many people involved in it. The oldest is only 45 min. away from us, and she wanted to get her hair trimmed and colored. That is usually why she comes to visit us. :laugh: Oh side burpees are another one that really get the hr up! It sure is nice when we see improvement in ourselves. I have noticed that those dreaded burpees with the push-ups are getting better each time I do them. :wink: I'm looking forward to trying out different things this summer. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had an early morning meeting which limited my workout today. On schedule was the cardio from Hard Strikes, but I did do the entire 46 minute workout instead of just the cardio. I liked the conditioning drills. They are fast enough that my heart rate stayed in a good range for them. I'm not sure why Cathe chose not to use the workout in its entirety for this rotation because the conditioning moves aren't enough to make me feel I did any actual strength training. So my plan is to do the entire workout from here on out if I can. It just feels more 'complete' to me, even if I still add something else to it on days when I have more time.

Tami, hope you loved Tabatacize today! I'm curious what premix you did. Glad you enjoyed your Insane X class. So now you are the Burpee Queen!! :wink: I guess there are worse things, but, boy, does that sound like alot of burpees. I don't mind burpees but after awhile I'm saying to myself 'Can I just stand up and stay up already?' :laugh: :ohwell:

Laurie, glad everything went well with your daughter. And good for her being able to watch it. I never could have gone to medical school! I admire anybody who does that because it is so not for me. That takes a very special person. Great job with the workout. I was wondering if you were getting hit with part of this storm that is going to apparently whack the east coast pretty hard. It is so difficult for me to imagine this all happening because we haven't really had a hint of any real winter to speak of....and winter is already half over. We did have a dusting of snow last night which made everything look so beautiful this morning. But it is already gone. We so badly need the moisture. There was more moisture in Arizona than there is here in Colorado. I couldn't believe that I had to go to the desert to get enough moisture in my skin to heal all the nasty dryness I've been fighting this winter. Crazy stuff. Of course, two minutes back in Colorado, and my skin is all red, and dry, and burning again. :grumble: So enjoy the snow....as long as it isn't too much!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile: Last night’s Spin class was lots of fun! Hills, hills and more sprints on hills. This a.m. was Tabatacise! Loved it, such a fun workout. :bigsmile: I can see myself going to this one a lot in the future. Tonight I am meeting my in-laws for dinner. They are staying at our local resort (a gift cert we bought the last year for their 50th) and they want us to join them for dinner. Very nice. Went to my one week follow-up for eyes and he said everything looks great! I was reading the bottom line again:drinker:

Laurie: Great job on Combat 60!! :smile: Another great calorie burn as well. You are correct on the dread factor ….I thought it was a nice break from them after about a month straight of weekly suicides up and down the gym floor! They do give prizes for the Biggest Loser and I think they are pretty good. I’ll have to find out what they give. Speaking of which, I referred a friend of mine to Peak and they sent me a letter thanking me along with a FREE month membership.:bigsmile: That’s pretty cool! What is your plan for the next rotation after Combat?

Laurel: Great job with Hard Strikes today and I wondered the exact same thing. It is such a short workout without the conditioning drills + they are just a nice addition to the first part of the workout. I did the short version just as an add on last week with something but otherwise I’m with ya on always doing the full program.:wink: I :heart: Tabatacise so much! Truly one that I will continue to be a “go to” even after XTrain rotation. I ended up doing Pre-Mix #5: Tabatas 1-5 + Core #1. That was all the time I had this a.m. but it was right at an hour. Look forward to other pre-mixes in the future! That was perfect and tough stuff. Now excited to try SuperCuts as well :bigsmile: Ha Ha … it feels that way lately anyway on the Burpee Queen. :laugh: Feels like I am always doing burpees. It’s all good though. Did you see the February 2013 rotation Cathe posted? It looks like a good one to hang onto for the future.

Hi Michelle, Erika & Kelly! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was an early morning headed to the law office for some paperwork and boy was the weather horrendous..so much for my cute hairstyle:bigsmile: Afterwards I went to the grocery store and made it home as visibility was becoming nonexistent on these rural roads:grumble: I did Bum Bum Live, followed by TLC Boxing and then added High & Tight floorwork with the ankles weights....ahem but no soreness at all today:huh: I felt my glute muscles while working but obviously changes are occurring which my jeans verified yesterday:wink: Today on the schedule is Squeeze Stronger Upper and Hight & Tight Standing work.

Laurie- Glad the removal went well but acid:noway: :laugh: I have a scheduled removal of a mole on my scalp next week and I'm not sure of the removal process but hopefully it goes just as well. Is she able to wear regular shoes?

Laurel- Well the Ipad mini would of been way too much techno for my mom plus with Kindle I can sign her up to Prime which provides monthly books and free movie downloads, an all in one shopping tablet:laugh: However she has received emails from both girls but was unable to figure out how to respond so I walked her through that last week. She did suprise me on Sunday when she mentioned that she looked up one of the Raven players who may be related too us on the web using her Kindle. As I stated in shock, 'I'm not interested in him right now but impressed that you were able to do the search":laugh: My mom is a sports buff and loves to read sports blogs so she is getting better:bigsmile:

Kelly- I love the 100 jumping jacks...years ago a friend of mine would do 50 reps of squats, leg lifts, etc every night before bed during commercials and she was really able to lean out her lower half with that and a clean diet.:bigsmile:

Tami- Glad to hear some feedback on Tabaticise as I keep watching that one on collage:laugh: Hopefullly your dinner went well with the in-laws. Oooh the bottom line..how awesome is that:drinker:

Erika- Good morning and have a great weekend with the boys:bigsmile:

Off to make my breakfast today as hubby had an early meeting so no omelets:brokenheart: :laugh:

Michelle
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in Combat 45 after work. We got about 8" of snow last night, so it actually looks like winter around here. :laugh: We didn't go to dance class last night, and I don't know if we will be going tonight. DD said that her foot was hurting alot, so she may not be able to do any type of dancing anyway.

Laurel, I like Cathe's conditioning drills in most of her workouts. Now that would be a good compliation DVD also. :laugh: I'm glad that we didn't get hit with alot of snow. I like seeing how pretty everything is after a storm, but the cleanup is horrible. The snow we first received was very wet and heavy, and DH was having a hard time with the snowblower. Once it started to get colder, this mornings snowblowing wasn't so bad. Ouch on your skin! I have always had very dry skin, and know what you are going through. This year has been alot better for me, don't know why.

Tami, Glad to hear that you enjoyed Tabatasize! That one sounds like a great workout also. I'm keeping a list of the ones that you all enjoy. :happy: I love that you are doing so well with you eyes. Very cool on the free month of membership, then you can try out the Peak. :wink: I was planning on Turbo Fire, but now I'm looking at Rushfit. I've had that one much longer, and it would work really well with these Combat workouts. Don't know that I want to give up these workouts yet. :laugh:

Michelle, Great workouts! Sorry about the drive home, that isn't fun when you visability isn't good. I was surprised about acid also, but he just applied it to the wart. DD is hurting a little more today, but that might be because she has a blister. I will have to check on it when I get home tonight. DD did a check on all her shoes, and found one pair that worked. :laugh: Of course they where her TOMS! :laugh:

Have to get to a meeting.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was XTrain Super Cuts for the first time. I previewed it again yesterday and decided to do the Extreme premix this morning (60 minutes long). I really enjoyed it. It is really a functional fitness workout. It is somewhat cardio but not too intense. And it is conditioning, but not too intense. In fact, if I had to describe it in how it felt, I would compare it almost to something from P90X2, but with totally different exercises and focus. But I really enjoyed it. I had a hard time deciding what to do after because I felt I had a complete body workout, but I popped in LIS Trisets Upper Body, and that felt fantastic in compliment to it. Good stuff today.

Tami, I'm so glad you enjoyed the Tabata workout!! I will have to remember that premix. I'm not exactly sure why Cathe recommended doing Burn Sets Back with Tabatacize in this rotation, but I think she does everytime it is included. So I may wonder away from that later and do some of the other rotations which will allow for more time for Tabatas. I agree with you.....this is one that I will do alot in the future. I saw her February rotation, and it looks fantastic!! I think the little extra intensity of Cross Fire and To The Max would really enhance XTrain. So glad to hear things are going well with your eyes!!

Michelle, sorry to hear about the bad weather down there. Looks like all of the country is being hit.....except for us. :frown: I really could use a little winter right now. Great job with the workouts. How fun that your Mom goggled a football player on her Kindle!! I don't think my Mom would even think of that. I mean, she still uses the newspaper's TV guide despite the fact she has Direct TV and a TV guide right on her TV screen! :tongue: So I think we are going to be limited to having her use it for just email, but that works too. It allows my sisters and I to send her photos electroniaclly and she will get to see her grandchildren and great-grandbaby a little more because of it.

Laurie, I bet everything looks so pretty right now with all that snow, but I hear you on the clean up part. The only reason I want snow right now is because of my concern about fires this summer. After last summer......well, we just don't need a repeat of that, that's for sure. Our snow pack is so low, they are saying that we will need 175% of our usual snow over the next two months to get caught up! I don't see that happening. So it looks like it is going to be one long dry summer, and after the fires throughout the state last summer, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. :ohwell:

Erika and Kelly, hope you are both well!

I will be off on Monday and Tuesday at early meetings and appointments but will catch up with you all toward the middle of next week! Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: TGIF Ladies! :bigsmile:

Another fun workout on Wednesday night...the boys joined me for my own personal Lower Body Pyramid workout, which they did plus some drills with the timer. Last night I had dinner out with my girlfriends, so no workout for me!

Tami--I'm glad your eyes are doing well! :bigsmile: Fun classes the last couple of days, but I bet you can't wait until the class sizes slim down a bit! Enjoy the time with your in-laws...sounds perfect, they stay somewhere else, but you can join them for dinner! :wink: Great job on the XTrain workouts...anything that makes Tabatacize different than any of the other workouts (Cardio Legs, Hiit, etc)? I had that one on my list, and then removed it, but don't remember why.

Laurel--Lovin' the extra workouts you're plugging in to hit everything good! :bigsmile: You're my "if I had more time to workout at home" inspiration. I would love to have the time to hit up a good hour+ of workouts each day, but I just don't have it now. Maybe later on when the boys get older! :laugh: I'm surprised you aren't getting any weather with all the storms circulating around...we're waiting to see what Sunday/Monday brings. Right now, they are talking rain, sleet, freezing rain and 6-12" of snow. I'll be curious to see what we get!

Laurie--Sounds like you got more out of the last snowfall than we did. :ohwell: We got about 3", but I heard WI was supposed to get hit harder. I don't mind the snow right now, as we've had mild temps (20's and 30's) along with it, which makes it more enjoyable. Great work on the Combat workout...hoping to get to one of the Hiits this weekend! I'm glad to hear your DD feet are better...my youngest has plantar warts on his feet, that we've been working on with different OTC solutions, and we think they are finally gone. My oldest had 5 on one foot for months, and then we just got consistent with the compound W until they were gone ,and they haven't come back. Neither of my boys would tolerate freezing or burning them off, so that's the route we have to go for now.

Michelle--Ugh, that weather is crazy down there! I am glad you got home safely and got in some nice workouts. Congrats on the jeans fitting better! :bigsmile: I'll have to check out the Body Jam workout, sounds like fun! Zuzka has an amazing body, which she gets from killing those body weight workouts! She used to do a lot with weights incorporated or sandbags, which I think helps! Love her! :heart:

Kelly--Hello!

Back to work. Have a good weekend, we have a jamboree this weekend, so LOTS of games! 6 total between the 2 boys!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ TGIF!!!! :bigsmile:

Lots of fun with the in-laws last night. Dinner was really good:tongue: I had the seared Ahi w/ edamame and jasmine rice. It was delicious! This a.m. I did XTrain Supercuts + Core 2. :bigsmile: Decided I had so much fun yesterday with a “new” workout I wanted to repeat the fun factor again. Tomorrow will be HardStrikes before I go to Spinning. Really enjoyed this a.m. It reminded me a lot of AfterBurn. Headed to Spin after work.:wink:

Michelle: Great job on the workouts yesterday! :wink: Sounds like with the weather it was a great day to head home and get those in. Good to hear no soreness today … although I know we like to feel like something has happened. I’m often curious why I don’t feel sore very often.:huh: Thanks for the excitement on my eyes, it is amazing forsure. Hope you enjoy your workout today!

Laurie: I’ve been wondering about you and the snowfall there. :frown: Yowsa on the 8 inches I’m sure her foot is tender, ouch. Hopefully it will feel better very soon. I would definitely ad SuperCuts to your list! Lots of fun. Actually Peak is the gym I currently go to in the evening but it gives me a FREE month, so that’s awesome. So great that you are enjoying Combat so much that you don’t want to see it end. Rushfit would be a nice compliment to that one I’m sure. :wink:

Laurel: We were on the same workout today!:drinker: I really like SuperCuts and was tempted to do the x-treme premix but decided since it was my first go at it I should stick to the regular program and added the abs, also right at an hour. I really enjoy this style of training. :bigsmile: So w/ your mention of P90X2 being similar that is great news for me. The plank-sit-up action was interesting wasn’t it? Next week I will go up in weight I think for a little added intensity, but love the workout! I bet Tri-Sets was a perfect complement to this workout, great job. :bigsmile: I am planning on adding the tri-set legs again during this rotation too. I need to see the time-frames and write them down so I can plug things in, knowing how much time I have in the a.m., etc if I know in advance then I can start earlier. I thought the same thing with the Feb rotation! :drinker: Might be a good one to go into after XTrain. Sounds like Colorado and Idaho are having similar weather. We have just been getting rain this week and around 40 degrees. . . strange. I guess at least we are getting the rain for the water levels. Let’s hope you don’t have a repeat of last summer.

Erika: Very fun that you were able to get in another workout with the boys joining you! :happy: We had lots of fun with the in-laws. They don’t live too far from here (only about 25 miles) but staying at a nice resort for their anniversary (almost a year ago) we thought was a nice gift. Glad they finally used it :noway: They know one of the ladies that works there and she had them upgraded to a beautiful lake view room. I was happy for them. I actually thought of you with Tabatacise because of all the premixes.:wink: You can do one Tabata, two, three, etc… she really makes it so you can have it for any kind of workout for a quick tabata style added on or by itself if you are short on time. I love the short bursts of cardio, getting your HR up plus the variety and training in that style.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Talk to you Monday:flowerforyou:

Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a bad weekend for workouts! All I'm going to say is that pre-menopause TTOM is at times HORRIBLE! There is just no way that I could attempt a workout at all. :frown: I'm still a bit iffy on attempting something after work today, will see how the day goes. On a good note, I was able to get all my windows washed on Saturday. DH and I walked around the home improvement show on Sunday. So maybe those two things would be considered my workouts for the weekend, because that is about all I was capable of. :laugh:

Laurel, Sounds like a good workout combination. Hope you have had a great weekend, and of course enjoy these next couple of days. :wink: Probably a good thing that we got all that snow, because it was raining all day yesterday! :noway: We go from one extreme to the other in this state. :laugh: I know this sounds crazy, but I'm hoping that your area gets some snow! Those fires where horrible last year.

Erika, I love that your boys are working out with you. The problem with my kid and the warts, is that she didn't say anything about them until they had spread. So she didn't have just one wart, but multiple. :wink: Did you get that snow? My parents got a bunch yesterday.

Tami, That dinner does sound delicious! A plank-sit-up? That sounds interesting. :laugh: DD's foot is doing much better, just waiting for the warts to fall off. Sounds gross, but apparently that is what is suppose to happen. So the gym is named Peak, they don't offer the peak type workouts? :wink: I might add on some weight work to these workouts also, guess I'm missing lifting. :noway:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm having a lazy day after cancelling my doctor's appointment due to this crazy stormy weather, some nearby schools are closing early but not here. I have exercised all weekend and really worked my glutes yesterday along with a 3 mile walk in these high winds and there is a slight tingle but overall I feel good and perky:wink: . On Saturday we took the girls o Chill Yogurt and it was a great experience that they loved but unfortunately I became very bubbly and yucky that night:blushing: , it states good for lactose intolerant but obviously something in the Fat free Sugar free strawberry yogurt did not agree with me:frown: Last night we lounged and watched Here Comes the Boom during the storm and indulged in Chinese food for our family night:blushing: I'm approaching the end of my third week with BBL and my thighs have actually increased in inches but my hips decresed by 1/2 inch:grumble: I will continue to push on for another 3 weeks of a ROTATION:tongue: finally:laugh: and see if the legs eventually reduce, it doesnt help that TOM has me bloated since last week.

Laurie- Bummer about the Peri-Menopause, listen to your body and relax if you have to or exercise with some stretching to help relax those muscles. Unfortunately some days nothing but a pain pill will work and although I hate meds lately I have had to resort to medicine to alleviate the pain. I assumed the warts would fall off right away but after reading a recent review I see that the root has to die and then they fall off.

Erika & Kelly - Good Morning and see you soon:bigsmile: .

Tami- Yes unfortunately we assume DOMS means an effective workout versus lactic acid and a need for a good stretch:laugh: The workouts did feel great but my shoulder has been clicking lately which indicates too much on that cuff so I may ease up on the boxing or lifting for a few days:grumble:

Laurel- I would of never expected my mom to do that either as I only focused on how to buy music and books or look for email so I was pleasantly surprised and thrilled with her efforts:bigsmile: Time will tell but don't count her out yet, she may suprise you:wink:

Ok off to grab some lunch.

Quick question: how many eat 5-6 mini meals versus 3 squares and 1 snack/no snack but hot teas instead?

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    Good weekend for workouts and felt productive along with some BFF time yesterday. So Sat. a.m. was HardStrikes + Core and then headed out to the a.m. Spinning class. :wink: Yesterday was XTrain Legs but I decided to do Tri-Sets Legs since I was short on time, then headed straight to my volleyball match. Took the kids for a walk later in the day, BRRRRRRR but not icy so it was a lot better. This a.m. was XTrain Chest/Shoulders/Back xtreme pre-mix, which I loved.:bigsmile: It was the full workout, plus repeating the first three rounds and then abs. I will definitely be doing that pre-mix again when this workout comes up. Tonight will be BootCamp.

Laurie: I’m sorry to hear about your pre-meno + TOM :grumble: does not sound fun. Hopefully you are feeling a little better today. Good job getting the windows all shiny! I’m jealous :blushing: It is hard to describe the plank-push-up but that’s what she calls them. You start in a plank, roll over (heading towards your backside) put that free hand down and bring one knee up to the elbow. They don’t offer Peak classes no. I know they are a small chain but completely separate from the Peak Fitness we know from our DVD’s.:wink: Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea at all on the lifting. I know when I have done rotations in the past that don’t have much lifting I really miss it. Probably all of my STS rotations and just knowing I should.

Michelle: Definitely sounds like you are having some crazy weather there! :noway: I can see why a lazy day might be in order. Great job getting in the walk even in the winds & getting in your workouts. Good news on the hips! Any change is always great and maybe the bloated state has something to do with your measurements on the legs. Keep up the work, it will happen! I eat 3 meals with 2 snacks in between, so yes on the 5-6 mini meals. My snacks are usually lower in cals than an actual meal.

Hi Laurel, Erika & Kelly ~ Hope you both had good weekends! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow - Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

Again, a good weekend of workouts (CLX yoga Friday, Combat Plyo Hiit on Saturday, and KCM kickboxing Sunday) and then last night was bodyweight work during the commercials on The Bachelor!:bigsmile: We had a full weekend of hockey (8 games between the 2 boys), plus cruddy weather (freezing rain, sleet, snow), so it was a full weekend of in the rink and shoveling! :laugh:

Tami--I had heard from a few others that Supercuts reminded them of Afterburn, so that sounds like an accurate description of that one since I've heard it again! :laugh: I'll have to keep my eye on Tabatacise for the future. I have so many tabata/hiit style workouts right now, as that is what I love, so I'll have to wait until I need to throw something new in the mix! I'm glad to hear dinner with the in-laws was good, sounds delicious! :bigsmile: Great job swapping out XTrain legs for Tri Sets, due to time. I really like Tri Sets legs, so sounds like a good switch to me! :wink:

Michelle--Sounds like you guys are really having some interesting weather down there! Great job on all the leg/glute work, and glad to hear it's paying off! I'm sure the legs will slim down, which they usually do eventually. Mine always get bigger before they get smaller! Aside from the rumbling stomach, sounds like your weekend was filled with lots of fun with the family!

Laurie--I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling up to the workouts this weekend, but I would say you got a great arm workout washing windows, and walking around the expo surely got in lots of walking! :bigsmile: Sometimes you just have to take that as your workout, and pick it back up when your body is willing to cooperate! I've got no doubt you'll kick it into high gear when you get back to it!

Hi Laurel and Kelly!

Off to work!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    This a.m. was Tabatacise! :bigsmile: I ended up doing the same pre-mix I did last week, lots of fun! Last night’s BootCamp was the 2-circuit rounds with tons of upper body, of course because I did Chest/Shoulders/Back the a.m. It was all good though. Tonight will be Insane-X. :wink:

Erika: Great lineup of workouts over the weekend! Nice job, especially throughout your busy hockey weekend & cold wintery weather. Thanks for that on my “leg-swap” workouts; turned out nice and I do love the Tri-sets legs. Yes, definitely keep your eye on Tabatacise for the future but sounds like for now you are good to go w/ the tabata style workouts.

Laurie: Hope you are feeling better today :flowerforyou:

Hi Laurel, Michelle & Kelly! :bigsmile:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~
    Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Yesterday I was so exhausted that I slept in until 10:30:noway: and hubby took care of everything. I was definitely still feeling it throughout the day and did a HiiT run on the treadmill last night followed by Floor work. I did up until midnight and then woke up around 4am and could not sleep so it was up with the girls and then off to my drs appointment. I'm hoping to get my workout in tonight or just combine my weights and cardio tomorrow to get back on schedule:wink:

Tami- Tabatacise must be really good, glad to see the excitement:laugh: Ughh that plank push-up sounds deadly:noway:

Erika- Did you buy KCM Your Best Body? I can't believe that came out in 2011 and I'm now focusing on that dvd as the style appeals to me and her Premixes sound awesome:bigsmile: I know...like we need another dvd:blushing:

Laurie- Hoping your body is feeling better and you are back on schedule:flowerforyou:

Laurel & Kelly- Good Morning Ladies:bigsmile:

I'm starving and off to toss together a lunch:wink: Avocado anyone?:laugh:

Michelle
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Well I might need some advise from you ladies. I am still having issues, not to get into anything messy, but I can't be away from a bathroom for more than 2 hours. :wink: Last night I did do a workout, Combat 30, and felt fine. I'm contemplating just doing weight work on those days (like today), that I just feel very bloated. I will be setting up an appt. with my doc, but from what I have read, and from talking with my sister, this is something that is not unusual. :tongue:

Then to top it all off, and small piece of tooth fell off my molar. :huh: Have to go into the dentist tomorrow morning, hope this doesn't take to long. :laugh: Mornings are usually the worst for me.

Michelle, Good job on the workouts. I'm sure that you will get back on track. :wink: The pain meds do help, so that has been something that I have been doing. I might try the stretching, but probably nothing to yogaish. :laugh: I think I read somewhere that yoga was something that one shouldn't do during TTOM, and probably not during this abnormal time for me. :wink:

Tami, Great job on the workouts. Looks like that Tabatasize is a winner! :wink: I think I get the drift on that plank move, sounds like you would really need good core strength to accomplish it. I was thinking of either Phase 3 of STS or S&H workouts. I'm leaning toward the S&H, since the leg workout in that series isn't plyo work.

Erika, How did you like the Combat Hiit? That is a great idea about the workouts during the commercials. I have thought about doing the same type of thing. Maybe that is something that would be to bad for me to do. :wink: WTG on all those hockey games. It almost seems like your hockey weekends are like those faire weekends for me. :laugh: We had mostly the rain, so it wasn't to bad.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So good to be back. This has been quite a week. But I've kept up with the XTrain rotation, but just barely. Sunday and Monday, I was able to do the workouts planned (Legs and Chest, Back, Shoulders). Yesterday, I didn't get a workout in because of time. :grumble: But today my time has been my own, and I made up for it. :drinker: I started with Tabatacise, and did the entire workout. It was so much fun and absolutely flew by. I really felt like a good upper body work today, so instead of doing the scheduled Burn Sets Bis and Tris, I actually did the Burn Set Upper Body premix with Core 1 (ringing in at 90 minutes). What a great upper body workout! And even though it is long, it didn't feel long simply because of the style of lifting involved. Definitely a keeper upper body workout!

Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear about the peri-menopause. I have months like that too. It is getting harder and harder to figure out what my body is doing sometimes. :angry: No fun. I hope you are feeling better.

Erika, sounds like you are having a great time with some of your workouts! I'm glad to hear that. I think you might like Tabatacise because, as Tami pointed out, you can make it as long or short as you want and, regardless of length, you are going to get a good workout. It is very versatile.

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather. I hope you get better soon.

Tami, sounds like you've been doing great on the workouts. Thanks for letting me know about the Chest, Back, Shoulder extreme workout. I will definitely look into that the next time it comes up in the rotation. I am definitely feeling the Burn Sets right now. It didn't feel tough while doing it, but I've got a nice little shake going on in the arms now. I love that we are both playing with these workouts because it helps me alot that you are trying things different from what I'm trying so I can learn about them! Highly recommend that Burn Sets Upper Body workout if you are looking for a long, strong UB workout.

Hope you all are enjoying your day. We finally got about three inches of snow on Monday, but it is back into the 50s now. We need more snow than that!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile: Last night’s Insane-X was the full cardio version! Tough stuff but always ends a little earlier. This a.m. was Burn Sets Bis/Tris + added on the Tri-Sets Back/Bis/Core. It was a nice combo and my biceps were feelin it at the end there. Tonight will be Spinning after work.

Michelle: You must have needed that extra sleep forsure. Glad DH was there to take care of things so you could sleep. Great job with the HiiT treadmill & floorwork. Yes, Tabatacise is a keeper. Yum on the avocado, I’ve been having a few slices w/ my lunches this week, it’s just sounded good for some reason.

Laurie: I’m sorry to hear about your issues this week. :frown: :angry: Not fun. Glad that you were able to get in Combat 30 last night and felt ok. Hopefully you can get in to your dr and they can give you some insight. Double whammy with the tooth having a day as well :grumble: hopefully its not causing you any pain. Tomorrow will be better! Thank you …. The workouts are feeling great and happy to be doing the XT rotation.

Laurel: Great to have you back and nice job keeping up with XT with your busy schedule this week!:bigsmile: I am also very glad that we are experimenting with various things throughout this rotation and learning from one another! Great to know on that UB premix.:wink: I looked at that this a.m. in search of another “extreme” version like I did with the other last week but decided it might be too long for my time frame. Ended up at 75 min with what I did so I’ll just plan for that extra 15 next time this workout comes up! Really love adding on to these.

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Any fun plans with your Valentines? :heart: :heart:
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Late workout for me tonight...KCM Body Training, Floor Work. I haven't really felt like lifting weights this week, so I'm focusing on bodyweight workouts and hiits!

Tami--Sounds like a great couple of classes, as well as XTrain/LIS workouts!:bigsmile: I am paring down my workout DVD's again, to make room for ones I may use more, so Tabatacise is on that list of possibilities!

Laurel--Welcome back! Great job on the workouts, despite the time constraints! I need to check out that Burn Sets pre-mix for my weekend workouts...I have more time then, so I usually do closer to an hour. Sounds like a good one! :bigsmile:

Laurie--Bummer on the ups/downs of how your body is feeling. :ohwell: I would concentrate on workouts that fit with how you are feeling, until you get to the bottom of it. I suffer from IBS, and when it's bad, I am super bloated, uncomfortable and just don't feel well. I usually do bodyweight workouts those nights, or something lighter. I normally don't feel like lifting, as I feel strained already. Go with what your body is telling you it can handle!

Michelle--I'm glad you got to sleep in and get some good sleep, but bummer on the trouble sleeping! :ohwell: Hopefully you had enough energy for your activities today, and a workout. I don't have Your Best Body...I actually have fallen off the KCM love wagon, with the exception of TLC and Bodyweight. I like those 2, but the others are on the auction block! :laugh:

Time for bed. Meeting downtown in the morning, with 1-3" of snow overnight, means early to rise tomorrow!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Valentine's Day!!

I started off today with Hard Strikes (the entire workout) which was fun. I felt like a good leg workout today, and after staring at my DVDs for at least five minutes, decided to do STS Disk 3/Legs. Love those STS Leg workouts, and it felt fantastic today! I finished it all with STS Extended Stretch which I needed as I haven't been getting any stretching or yoga in recently. :grumble:

Tami, glad you enjoyed the Insane X class! Sounds like fun. That combo of XTrain and Trisets sounds fantastic! What a great idea to put those two together. Not much planned for Valentine's Day here. This is the only evening DH and I are home this week (it has just been that kind of week) so I will make us a nice, healthy dinner and we will hopefully just be able to enjoy a quiet evening in front of the fireplace at home. We're supposed to get more snow later today (though I'll believe that when I see it), so staying in sounds perfect to me right now.

Erika, good job on the workouts. I love that you are going for bodyweight workouts even though you don't feel like strength training. What a perfect substitute for your body!! I think if I were to really explore that Burn Sets DVD, you could make it do anything you'd want it to do for how ever long you want to do it. I love that about some of these XTrain DVDs.

Laurie and Michelle, I hope you are both feeling better! :flowerforyou:

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Laurel