Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,416 Member
    edited February 2019
    Morning Ladies,

What a difference a day makes, the snow is melting. :D After work yesterday I went to a grocery store to pick up some items, and they had 25lb bags of salt. Texted DH, and he wanted two bags. I carried those things out to my car without using the cart. :D I also had my groceries. This morning I did XTrain Bi's and Tri's, and took it as heavy as I could, since this was my last week of high reps. I'm really feeling it right now.

Laurel, I hope that you got some really good news from your visit to the doctor. I'm sure that you will be able to at least do some upper body weight lifting. Each body part has at least a couple of exercises the you can use a bench with. I have been re-watching the Meso 2 ones, since I will be heading into that rotation. It just gives me a good reminder of what I'm heading into. I have not visited these workouts in quite a while. I'm rotating watching those, and watching how to make kombucha at home to cut costs.

Tami, Great job on your workout, and I hope that you had a good spin class. I would have DH snow blow your driveway if we got paid in salmon fillets. :D RU Rumble is so much like KPC, but without the jumping jacks. I'm actually thinking that I could modify KPC to the lower impact, because I really do like that workout. I just can't take all the jumping that is in there. Your weather sounds a lot like ours with all the snow. I guess the farmers almanac was pretty accurate this year in saying that we would have a lot of snow.

Thelma, Awesome workouts, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the boxing workout. ! Yesterday I was looking at amazon and Billy Blanks came out with washable boxing gloves. Now I'm super interested in getting some, and they are not overprices which really surprised me. They even have cool color combos, so I think that that will be one of my purchases this year. Hope that you got yourself a really nice hair cut.

Just in case anyone is interested in those gloves, these are not the ones Billy is selling. They must be the company that makes Billy's though: https://amazon.com/Century-Strive-Washable-Boxing-Glove/dp/B07BZ96FK4/ref=asc_df_B07BZ96FK4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312126386816&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9047075254992717942&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9053119&hvtargid=pla-570318519024&psc=1://

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi Ladies! I got a workout in!!!! Okay, it was very short, but at least I did something. It was Cathe Live Upper Body Express. Short and sweet but enough to get the muscles working a little bit but not too much that I can’t do something tomorrow. :) Not much news from the doctor’s appointment. They are still ordering an MRI....just to be safe. But since I have full rotation in my knee and ankle, no swelling, no bruising, etc., chances are this is just a really bad case of shin splints which will take a few weeks to heal. My leg feels much stronger right now, so I am feeling pretty optimistic. I just have to keep telling myself to take it easy and let it heal! I am actually happy they still want the MRI because I would like to rule out that this was a knee injury just for future confidence in my leg. So hopefully that will happen soon.

Tami, great workout! But I am sorry to hear about all the snow. :o It seems there is a very steady wave of storms hitting the northern part of the country right now. Crazy! I am hoping I can play a little catch up and start the next phase of the rotation with all of you. I may need to modify the lower body workouts, but I am just fine with that right now. I just want a workout plan again! It is times that this that make me realize how focused on (aka addicted to :) ) my workouts I am. B):D

Thelma, great workouts! Hope you like your new stylist. Did I tell you all that my stylist from Alaska has moved here to Huntsville? Talk about me being lucky! She just got here so I haven’t seen her yet, but have an appointment for next week. So looking forward to seeing her.....and having her fix this mess of hair I have right now! :o I don’t envy you for a single second having to drive to and from that Atlanta airport that often. I like your idea of getting your DH an inexpensive rental car for the trip. We will do a lot of flying in and out of Atlanta as well, but when we can we will opt for Birmingham or Nashville over Atlanta any day. Just so crazy busy and Atlanta traffic is such a nightmare. But that being said, I am glad you will be seeing your DH that often while you two are living apart. That will make the time go so much faster.

Laurie, glad to hear things are melting a bit right now! Hope that continues for a little while. Great job moving that salt! I find heavy bags like that so awkward to carry!! Great workout! Since I almost finished week 3 of high reps (just missed out on a total body workout), I think I will try to do a modified high rep week next week (using a bench instead of the stability ball) and then going into Meso 2. Like I said to Tami, the lower body workouts will need to be modified but, hopefully, I can do some no weight lower body work, even if it is side leg lifts and such using a barre. Thank you for the glove recommendation! I think I just bought myself a Valentine’s Day present. :D Love the idea of washable gloves.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies and Happy Valentines Day! I will check in with you all tomorrow .... I was doing a little "learning" and training at a different desk this afternoon so just got back to my computer.

Laurel: YAY on getting in a workout.

Laurie: Thank you for the gloves recommendation! Something I will definitely look at getting.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,511 Member
    Hi Ladies, not much time for a workout today but I did the Popsugar Caribbean Dance Workout. It was ok.
    I went for my haircut and I am quite happy with the results. This lady knows how to cut curly hair as well as how to care for it. Of course, now that I'm moving I find her! The price was $50; which is $15 cheaper than my old place. I made an appointment for March 21 so I can get one last haircut with her before I move to GA. She is pregnant and due next month so she may or may not be the person who cuts my hair next time.
    I found some Devacurl stylists in GA, but they are $80 a cut! There is no way I'll pay that much for a little haircut.
    I will not be meeting my ex-coworkers tomorrow because one of them can't make it. We are now going to attempt to meet on March 1st. I did check the BR Facebook group for recommendations for hair stylists who know how to cut curly hair and found a few. There is a spa directly across from the street I will use to get to the supermarket from our house and had good reviews for haircuts and pedicures. So basically less than 10 minutes from my house and very reasonable prices!

Laurie, awesome workouts and congrats on finding the bags of salt! WOW! Awesome job carrying all that stuff to the car without a shopping cart! So glad that snow is finally melting!
    Those boxing gloves look great! I love the color combos! I love the idea of them being washable. Thanks for the link!

Laurel, it really sounds like you're well on your way to healing that leg! I'm so glad you have full knee and ankle rotation and no bruising or swelling. It really is good that the doctor still wants to do the MRI. I hope you can get an appointment in the very near future. So happy you were able to workout! YAAY!!

I honestly don't think I can drive to/from the airport. I would have to leave 3 hours early in case I missed my exit. I do like the idea of DH renting an inexpensive car to get home and then another one to get himself to the airport.

Tami, I hope the new training is something you enjoy doing and that it will eventually lead to a pay raise!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Talk about a change in the weather. Yesterday was melting and this morning frozen. Rocket was walking on top of the snow, and couldn't do his running gallop into the house this morning. :D He had to take it slow and easy. My workout was Kelly's Step-Boxing. I will probably be more comfortable with this workout the next attempt, it required a little more choreography.

Laurel, I'm glad to hear that your appointment went so well, and nice that they are still going with the MRI. You want to rule out anything else. Great job on the upper body workout, I'm sure the endorphins where super happy to be active again. You have a solid plan going forward, and using the bench instead of the ball is wise. You need to use your lower body for stability a little to much on the ball. Modifying the lower body workouts for barre, awesome option. Glad I could be of help in spending your $, I'm ordering them today. I'm still in my boxing mood, so I thing they will be fun to use instead of my weighted gloves. When I saw washable and that they where cute, I was all in.

Tami, Hope your Valentines Day was a good one. DH and I didn't do anything special, I just made some chicken alfredo, and apple cinnamon cups. Just a little splurge. ;) Looks like I was able to spend everyone's coins on these gloves. I forgot to tell you that my Meso 2 rotation is going to be a little different than what Laurel had. I'm only doing one day of Legs so mine is looking like this.

Meso 2 Legs
    Meso 2 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
    Cardio
    Meso 2 Back & Bi's
    Cardio
    Total Body
    Stetching/Yoga

Thelma, I'm sorry to hear that your popsugar workout wasn't as good as others you have tried. Nice that you liked your haircut, but to bad that you only have a short time with her. I'm sure that you will be able to find a good hair stylist when you get to GA. That is nice that you will be having lunch with your ex co-workers. The only thing that I couldn't do when carrying all that stuff to the car, I had to put it down on the ground to open the door hatch. ;) I love the colors of those gloves too, just more motivation to use them if they are cute.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Strong Upper Body and Core. This workout was nearly an hour and much tougher than yesterday’s. Loved it! My upper body is definitely feeling it right now. My leg is feeling better and better. I even got a couple hours of housework in this morning. It felt very tired at the end of that, but three hours on my feet (between the workout and cleaning) was a lot for me given the past week. No stairs or vacuuming or anything like that, but progress is progress!

Tami, hope you had a nice Valentine’s Day! Hope the training is going well and has put aside the concerns of what you were going to do to fill your time at work.

Thelma, sorry the workout wasn’t great, but good job getting one in. Glad you enjoyed your new stylist. $80 for a haircut does seem very expensive. The costs here are, literally, half what they were in Alaska. I was stunned when I had my first appointment. Hopefully you can find something more reasonable. I hope you don’t have to drive to that airport at all. I know, for me, driving to and from airports is my least favorite thing in driving. All those lanes and signs.....and not a single person (including me) having a clue where they are going. :o No fun.

Laurie, yikes on the frozen mess! I know I would prefer no melting if it is just going to freeze again like that. Sounds like a good workout! I ordered a pair of gloves yesterday. I should have them Monday. That should give me a chance to see how they feel....and whether I ‘need’ a second set in a different color. ;) I got the red/black pair, but I really liked the blue/purple one too! Thanks again for the link.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

On Saturday I did stretching with Kelly from her RAW channel. Sunday was Tae Bo Live Advanced #1, talk about a calorie burner with that one. I used weighted gloves for this also. This morning was a new RAW workout called Step #3. This one was a super simple step work, but it packed a punch for calories. Going to enjoy this "rest" week. I'm thinking that tomorrow might be a good day for yoga.

It appears that we are going to be heading to England at the end of September. We will be going with our oldest and her DH, and out youngest. This should be a ton of fun, and one of the things to check off my bucket list.

Laurel, Nice that you got in a good upper body workout again. I'm glad to hear that you where able to stand and do some cleaning. Baby steps going forward, and I'm sure that it feels slow. I ordered the blue/purple, and I should have them by Wednesday at the latest. From reading the reviews, it looks like they are good for female hands. Can't wait to try one of the Tae Bo workouts with them. LOL about wanting additional colors, I'm with you on that one. I kind of like the orange colored ones too.

Tami and Thelma, Hope your weekend was good.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. Ours was quiet but nice. My leg improves every day so I was able to run errands with DH this weekend. It felt good to be out and about. I am still extremely cautious with it, but it is just that....cautious. Pain isn’t the source of the caution, though, which is good. I didn’t do any workout on Saturday since my upper body felt pretty tired from the workouts on Thursday and Friday. But I did experiment doing some different moves with my leg in prep for this week’s workout, which was good. So yesterday I did the floor work and core work from Pure Strength Legs. Today was STS Disc 10/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I decided to do my fourth week of high rep work with the STS Meso 1 upper body workouts because these workouts don’t use the stability ball as much and are easily modifiable. It felt good, but my arms are definitely quivering!

Laurie, great workouts this weekend. I am still a little cautious going from the floor to standing, but once I get more comfortable with that, I am going to start doing some yoga, I know that really helped you rehab your leg, and I think it will be a great way of reintroducing my full body weight to that leg without the stress of reps and weights. Fingers crossed I can get there by the end of the week! How exciting about going to England!! I hope you love every minute of it. Doesn’t your DDs husband have family there or something? There is so much to see and do here, that’s for certain.

Tami and Thelma, hope you enjoyed the weekend!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, life has been busy around the house. I've been cleaning walls and windows. I wish we didn't have such a big house! Of course, when you're cleaning walls with a sponge and then rinsing them out with wet towels takes forever. The fact that I'll save DH so much time makes me feel good.
    I spent Sunday afternoon cleaning window tracks and sills on 8 windows. We have 35 windows. Living in the country comes with bugs and I found grass carrying wasp nests all over our window screen tracks. That took vacuuming and washing all that stuff out. Not fun at all!

My workouts have been strictly cardio. I've done my usual Jessica Smith and Leslie Sansone.

Laurie, great job with those workouts! I can't wait to get back into a normal workout routine! We did nothing special for Valentine's day. No time for that these days!
    The fact that you carried those heavy bags to your car was great even if you had to put them down to open the door-hatch.
    It really is a shame that I won't have much time with this hair stylist but at least I've learned about how my hair should be cut.
    I am hoping to be able to sign up for yoga classes when I move to BR.
    You're going to England on a family trip! That should be a lot of fun!!

Laurel, so glad your leg is feeling so much better. I hope all you need is rest. Outstanding work with your workouts!

The spa that is very close to our house has been highly recommended for pedicures and manicures. I've read great reviews about haircuts and someone there apparently is good at cutting curly hair. I just checked and their haircut for women is $27!!! I was paying $65 with my old hair stylist. So I hope I like that spa because it is across the way from the highway I will exit to from my shortcut to the supermarket. Less than 10 minutes from home! I love it!
    BTW, DH tells me that he will visit us every 3 weeks. I think he hopes to stay one week every visit given that he can work from home. I really should learn to drive to the airport! This will save us some $. We've discussed him taking an Uber to a city close to Atlanta and I could pick him up there. I would pick him up in Alpharetta or Marietta (?). Much easier than driving into Atlanta!

Hi Tami!!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well this week seems to be me winging it with workouts, and I just felt like doing LiTe Metabolic Blast. I did the premix with the cardio blast added in. Like Laurel said after she had done that one with the cardio blast, it was a little awkward going from the floor into the blast. Overall it was a great workout.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts, and of course taking it easy until you are able to handle more leg work. LOL about the quivering arms. Nice that you where able to get out and about, it sounds like the leg is feeling better and better all the time. Doing the yoga was such a great thing to do, it really helped get the leg muscles conditioned. Holding those poses is probably why it worked so well. Added bonus of making my core stronger. I think that we will have a blast in England as a family. My youngest bf will be coming with us also, so if they want to get away and do something she has someone. I know my oldest is wanting to go to the Harry Potter exhibit, and they want to go to a soccer match. DH and I have to narrow our scope of what we want to see, so we don't wear ourselves out. :D

Thelma, Wow on all the cleaning, you need to come to my house when you are done. I know what you mean about those spiders, that is something that I have to tackle from time to time in our windows. I'm not very good about washing walls though. ;) You are getting a lot of upper body work in with all the cleaning, so great job on the workouts that you are adding onto that too.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live To The May and Icy Core. As the name suggests, this was Cathe’s Live version of the ICE To The Mat workout. It was a good one! I can tell I have been ignoring floor work for.....a long time. B) . This injury may serve as a good reminder why I should do more. :) My leg still feels better, but I do have an MRI scheduled for Thursday. Hopefully I will get some answers from that and a good plan for getting back to 100%.

Thelma, I can’t imagine washing all those walls! Not something I have ever been good at doing, that’s for certain. I am finding where we live that I will have to very consistently clean out the window tracks as well. I found this too in Florida.....that bugs just love to live there. :o I am so glad you will have a store and a spa so close to your home! I hope you like them both well enough to use them regularly. I also like your idea of the Uber to a town closer to you than driving to the airport. Like I said, that is one airport I would avoid at all costs if I could.

Laurie, great workout. But isn’t that transition into the Calorie Crush a little odd? I just don’t like going from the floor right into high impact cardio like that, to be honest. But that said, I love that Calorie Crush workout. I am hoping the MRI rules out a serious injury and then I can get going with some yoga. I am hoping I am learning from this injury that I don’t need to push so hard all the time. After all.....I am not as young as I once was! :p If you want any thoughts/opinions on England, I am happy to share. Granted it has been a long time since we lived there, but all the castles and cathedrals will still be the same. :) And the fish and chips. And the chocolate!

Tami, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited February 2019
    Hi Ladies ~ Sheesh! Sorry I missed you all basically Thursday and Friday. Both days were some unexpected training/watching hime do a complete search with one of our Title Officers, so I was away from my desk both afternoon’s. I’m still being told by my supervisor that she will start working with me and training me (over a year now :neutral: ) but he said, why don’t you just sit with me and I can show you a few things. It was pretty interesting and ANY training/watching at this point I appreciate. Still pretty darn frustrated …. Not going to lie. We will see moving forward. I did get yesterday off so that was a nice 3-day weekend. Didn't do a whole lot really, it is very cold here right now so going out and about doesn't sound real appealing.

Workouts: Friday: Spinning after work, Saturday I did LITE PHA 2 Xtreme #1 pre-mix, Sunday was Les Mills Combat class, which was an entirely different format than the other one I went too, I enjoyed it again. Yesterday I did LITE Pyramid Pump Legs + Abs. I didn’t get up in time this a.m. for a workout so I might be forced to go to Insane-X after work. :#

Thelma: Sounds like you are getting in some good PopSugar workouts during this busy time! I am sure anything feels great right now. Fingers crossed you find a good hair dresser for your new location. Always a challenge but if you find a good one right away that would be wonderful! The training was good just because “something” happened. It’s taking such a long time of waiting I am not sure what to think. She told me late Friday before I left that she would start working with me now that she has had some time open up. We had a meeting on Thursday and our GM was there, he himself told her in front of me to start working with me more so as we get into summer I can be trained to help them out more. Losing a little faith in “the system” forsure but here’s hoping.

Laurie: Thank you for the Valentine’s wishes last week. DH and I made dinner at home and he made us blackened Ahi Tuna, small lobster tail and a crab leg. (Remember he is the Captain’s Plate chef) LOL I made us a cucumber salad to go with. It was a really yummy dinner though and fun that he was cooking! Thank you for posting the upcoming changes in our rotation. I will be in the loop now. Did you order/receive the new boxing gloves yet?!! I am going to order them, just haven’t yet. Excellent job on your workouts. I am also just “winging it” this week for workouts. Trying out a few of the LITE that I still haven’t tried too. p.s. I laughed when you commented about sending your DH over for some FREE Salmon. LOL My co-worker told me the same thing.

Laurel: I am so happy to hear your leg is feeling better & better! I am sure you are very relieved for that as well. Way to get in a really good Upper Body & Core workouts, sounds like you were able to get in some good ones over the weekend too. YAY As I mentioned to Thelma above, I was happy for the little bit of training but it still isn’t a “relief” as of yet. Still being told what’s going to happen and what she wants to happen but I have learned she doesn’t follow through with those things. So that is disappointing. It’s strange, they want the help and the main boss is telling her to train me but she just doesn’t find time to do it. In the meantime I am trying to keep busy, but he is at least aware of what is or isn’t happening on my training, so that is good. Anxious for you to find out about your MRI results this week. Fingers crossed all is good inside there and just taking some time to heal.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, Jessica Smith cardio workout tonight. More wall cleaning today. I can't just spot clean. I have to wash the entire wall from top to bottom. I look at every inch of a wall from different angles. DH says no one is going to be looking that hard at the walls. Of course, he is right but I want to make sure the house is super clean. It's been years since I cleaned the walls and never like I'm doing now. It really is an upper body workout and I end up exhausted.
    I wish I could've done some windows today but it was very cold. Hopefully, we'll have warmer temps during the weekend.
    Tomorrow morning I have to go to the registry of motor vehicles to renew my license.

Laurie and Laurel, is this the type of nest you found in your window screen tracks too? https://youtu.be/5pTlyoKkVDY

Laurie, nice job winging it with your workouts! I don't think I would like going from floor work into the blast either!

This house is so big that this wall and window cleaning is a never-ending and exhausting task. My right shoulder is hurting from all the wall cleaning. We had some pretty dark scuff marks and Mr. Clean worked his magic with those eraser sponges. Amazing stuff! Now all I keep thinking of is that I will be good about cleaning the walls at the new house.

Laurel, so glad you're able to get some workouts in! Great job! So glad your leg continues to improve. I hope the doctor is able to give you good news on Thursday.

If I had been good at cleaning our walls, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now. It's not like they are filthy. They are dusty and spot cleaning doesn't work because it shows where you clean so I have to do the entire wall. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser first followed by a wet towel wash.

Here is some info on those grass-carrying wasps
    https://hortnews.extension.iastate.edu/grass-carrier-wasp

I hope I like that spa because that is incredibly convenient. I do like the supermarket. It's called Ingles. They also have a Food Lion and of course Walmart. I may drive to one hour to Canton from time-to-time to visit their supermarkets. There is an Aldi which apparently is a lot like Trader Joe's except cheaper. Both supermarkets are own by a pair of German brothers. Canton is like a shopping town. Lots of different supermarkets and stores.

I really think we are going to try the Uber idea to a city outside of Atlanta.

Tami, great workouts! Glad you liked the Les Mills Combat class! What was it like?
    I really hope your supervisor continues training you, Tami. I hope you feel comfortable asking her what will you be trained on next in case she forgets.
    Any little workout feels good right now given that I'm working out cleaning those walls!
    I really hope I'm able to find a hair stylist in town because the prices are definitely much cheaper than they are here.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was one of those days that I inserted a DVD, and then said no I don't really want to do that one. Instead I did XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT, and it was perfect. It was nice to revisit that one, since it has been a while. I even used an 8" step. :D

Laurel, Great job on the lower body work, and you are right about neglecting that type of work. There is a lot of benefit in doing that type of barre/floor work. DH has booked our tickets to England, so it is a go. LOL about the fish & chips in England. I have a young co-worker who said the same thing. I'm sure that the chocolate will be a high priority also. It surprises me that Cathe doesn't have a premix that has the standing work-calorie crush-floor work. There is a one, but it is double standing. That makes the workout to long for my morning routine. :/ To bad that we have to get ourselves injured to make sure that we take better care of ourselves. I'm going to enjoy getting back into the weight work with all of this cardio I have been doing. I'm planning on trying out the Lite Pyramid workout tomorrow, probably doing the Up only premix. I'm making sure that Saturday is yoga day, and I'm planning on Eion. :D Need to work on those hips, and he is the master for hip opener work.

Tami, I'm glad to hear that you had such great workouts and classes. I'm sure that training/watching was fairly interesting. Glad that you could do the shadowing, to at least understand. Kind of different when you get to do it hands on though. I hope that your boss gets the time to do some training. Your Valentines dinner sounds like it was wonderful. All the items are some of my fav's. I should have my gloves when I get home from work, so on Friday I will be doing some type of boxing workout. I have not decided, but ICE Rev'd Up Rumble may be on the agenda or Kelly's Meltdown Workout 2. I may need to look at some of the people selling exercise items, that boxing bag will look more tempting now that I have gloves. See I'm not the only one that will send their DH to work for food. :D

Thelma, I hope that you get your cleaning work done, just to rest those arms from cleaning the walls. I'm going to put the eraser on my grocery list. I have scuff marks in one of our hallways that needs some TLC, and it sounds like they work really well for that. Yes those are the nests that we get. Ours are super thin, because we have the crank out windows. The first time I saw the nest I wondered how grass clippings from the mower could have gotten into the window like that. Then saw all the little nests underneath. :p I guess the new house will be a little different to clean with all that wood.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 11/Back and Triceps. I followed it with the core work from Flex Train. Good stuff!

Tami, great workouts! I am glad you are getting some training at work, but I am sorry it isn’t going the way it is supposed to be going. It must be so frustrating to be assured and reassured that something is going to happen....and then it never happens. Your Valentine’s Day dinner sounds wonderful!

Thelma, boy you have so much more patience than I would have with cleaning walls! But I so understand the desire to leave a house clean. No matter how many times we have moved into a filthy house and I say ‘we won’t be cleaning it when we move’......I always have to leave it clean. No doubt your arms are exhausted though. Nope, never had a nest like that in my window track! I will be on the look out for that here, though. That’s interesting what you said about Aldi. We went to a couple when we lived in Florida and just didn’t like them. But they look completely different here, so we keep saying we will give it a try. If it is like Trader Joe’s....I definitely want to give it a look.

Laurie, great workout, especially on the 8” step! Sometimes you just have to go with what sounds right. Yay for booking the tickets to England! How exciting!! I am glad I am not the only one recommending the fish and chips. :p One of those things I have never found an equivalent to anywhere else. Sounds like you have a great plan for the rest of the week.....including
    Eoin. He really does make me smile.....and he definitely makes my hips feel better to. I agree about the premixes with the LITE and no option of putting the Calorie Crush in before the floor work.....both in that Metabolic workout and the Body Weight and Band workout. Cathe is usually pretty safety cautious when it comes to impact, so I just have to chalk it up as an unfortunate oversight.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night I was able to workout at home afterall. DH met some clients out and so I headed home and did the LITE Pyramid Upper Body, which is what I had missed in the a.m. This was my first time with the upper workout and I really liked it. This a.m. I did 21DFX XT Dirty 30 workout and tonight I will head to Spinning if I can get in. On the waitlist right now. I did find out as well that DH is headed up to our bosses ski villa/condo with some clients for the night. He will not ski with them in the a.m. but hang out tonight. So I may just head home and workout!

Thelma: Great job with the JS cardio! All of your cleaning and packing has been workouts for you, don’t you worry! Good on ya for cleaning all the walls. Man it has been years since I have done that as well. I really liked the Les Mills class. It is basically a kickboxing class and she does some kicking/leg drills mixed in as well. Non-stop for an hour and then at the end you do about 5 min of abs and a stretch. She is a great instructor with amazing energy! Her class is packed full. That would be my only complaint, for the space it is too crowded so kicking is a challenge …. To avoid and also complete a kick. LOL

Laurie: Way to switch it up to what sounded good to you. Glad it ended up being perfect for you. Can’t wait to hear about your new gloves! I may wait to hit the ORDER button until I hear your review. LOL Definitely different when I get to do hands on. Which he did let me do some of but it was so much information I was kind of fumbling along. Again, any movement forward I am thankful for right now.

Laurel: Excellent job with STS and some great core work! Thank you for the understanding on my training situation. It is super frustrating and trying to be patient but it is WAAAAY over due now. We will be getting super busy again very soon and then she won’t be available, so I don’t know. Another spring/summer of busy is great and some OT but still want to learn.

Have a great evening ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I took a day off from cleaning today. I just couldn't do it. Went to the registry to get my license renewed for a month! I need to drive around one more month while in MA so I needed to renew my license, then I'll get a new one in GA in March-April.
    Today I did a Popsugar kickboxing workout, always so much fun.
    Tomorrow I will see a podiatrist to see if he can have my custom made orthotics refurbished for me. My old orthotics physical therapist has gone MIA so I had to find someone over an hour from home.

Lori, love that XT workout! Good for you for using the step at a safe height!
    I am so sick of cleaning and now I can't wait to move to GA. Of course once I say I remember that I won't have DH with me and I wish he could move with us too.
    I highly recommend the magic eraser for scuffs. You would never think super black scuff marks would come out of of a light colored wall. Sometimes you have to scrub a little longer or harder, just don't give up! Those nests are wasps, remember that. I didn't see any wasps. I did see a couple of spiders which is the reason I thought they were spider nests. I think the spiders are food for the wasps.
    I so happy your DH booked the tickets to England! You guys are going to have a blast!
    Does Cathe use a punching bag on that workout? THAT is exciting! I'll be able to use freeby punching bag!

Laurel, awesome combo today! Great job!
    I am seriously running out of patience with this cleaning. I just hope wooden walls don't get scuff marks! Sadly where I live houses are always impecably clean when you see the houses online and in person so I have to keep cleaning.
    Definitely keep an eye on your screen tracks. I've read on the skinnytaste community Facebook group that not all Aldi's are good.
    It really depends on where you live I'm told. I read that their cheeses are amazing and also wines. They also have organic and gluten free foods. Some ladies tell me you have to check out their specials because they are really good.

I think one day I will drive down to Canton and spend a few hours at Aldi's! LOL
    https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/aldi-101-what-to-buy-at-aldi/

Tami, awesome workouts! Nice that you got to workout at home!
    I don't know that I will be cleaning walls any time soon in Blue Ridge! That Les Mills class sounds like a lot of fun! I know that there is a Les Mills gym either in Blue Ridge or Ellijay which is a few minutes south of Blue Ridge.
    I hope your boss continues the training sessions!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Of course I was a lazy person this morning, and had a hard time getting up. That put me behind, so I didn't do the Pyramid workout. I instead did 30MTF Sculpting Rx Workout 2, which is a PHA workout without using the heavy weights. She indicates using 5 & 7 lb weights. I used 8lb with no problem, and that is probably why I had such a good workout.

The gloves are awesome! They fit my hands really nice, they don't appear to be loose. I will find out tomorrow when I actually start boxing with them. It will be shadow boxing, but I'm okay with that.

Laurel, Great workouts! I'm sure doing something is just helping with your mind adjust to the injury. Hope that you get some good news with the MRI today. Thanks for the information on the band workout being that same way, I will make sure that I try that calorie crush option in a different way. We will see how the fish & chips stands up to the Friday fish fry's in this area. That is one of the things that this area is famous for, but I'm sure that it is awesome in England also.

Tami, Love the workouts! It is always nice to go home and do a workout, so if you didn't get into the spin class it is nice that you can go home. I take it Katy is still nursing her injury? Sounds like the Les Mills instructor needs a bigger room for her class. I will have to make sure that I put in a Les Mills workout into my rotation for the next phase, they are so fun. I'm glad to hear that the instructor is so full of energy. Nice that you had a little hands on, every little bit helps.

Thelma, Nice job on the kickboxing workout. Sorry to hear that you had to go so far to see a podiatrist. Good for you taking the day off, sounds like you got some good errands done. I'm sure at first being alone in GA will be different. That is probably why I saw those pockets of spider nests when I moved the grass. I usually find them in the spring when we open the windows. In the summer we have the air conditioning on so the windows are closed. I looked at what I wrote yesterday, and I said ICE Rev'd Up Rumble, instead of Rock'm Sock'm. She doesn't use the boxing gloves in that workout, but I would just use them anyway. The Meltdown workout of Kelly's she does use the MMA gloves with the bag. I think XTrain Hard Strikes and Rockout Knockout, Cathe has a bag workout included in it. Eventually I will probably buy a bag, just because it would really be fun. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LIS Turbo Barre. It has been a few years since I last did this workout, and it is still tough! I modified it a little but not as much as I thought I would. That made me happy. But, boy, did it burn some areas in my back side. :o I think I will feel this one tomorrow. Turbo Barre does so much work on one leg, I was concerned whether that injured leg would be up to it. And while it feels tired now, there is no pain. And it handled holding my weight (with the support of the barre) just fine. Unfortunately my MRI was cancelled for today because they are still waiting for approval from the insurance company. :s I am pretty frustrated but at least I am improving every day. No matter what injury I have (shin splints or a torn MCL) both are supposed to heal on their own in about 4 weeks, so I am half way there and improving every day. So......

I have forgotten to mention both yesterday and Tuesday that I got the gloves Laurie recommended. I really like them. They look well made and are really cute. :) I cannot wait to give them a try when I am recovered. This is my first set of true boxing gloves, so I think it might take a little getting used to. But, like Laurie, just having them now makes me want a bag!

Tami, glad you liked the Pyramid workout. I really like that the moves are pretty standard but effective in the pace she moves through them. Good stuff.

Thelma, I am glad you took a day off! The cleaning part of moving is my least favorite part, without question. But it will pay off when it comes to selling a house, that’s for sure. I think we may try going to Aldi this weekend to see what they have. They just put a new one in not far from us and based on what you said, it may be worth a try. Thank you for bringing it up!!

Laurie, sounds like a good workout even if it isn’t what you planned. Glad you like your new gloves, I will be anxious to hear how they feel for a workout. About the fish and chips, I should qualify that I like the fish but not the chips. B) I like my chips (fries) crunchy, and the English ones are more soggy. So I always got fish and a sausage roll. :) So good! I just finished breakfast and my mouth is watering at the thought. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Great Spin class last night. I ended up going because DH wasn’t leaving until around 6:30 for the ski hill. Katy gave up her bike since it was so full and she still can’t ride anyway. Luckily it wasn’t me who had to go up front. LOL No workout today.

Thelma: Way to get in another PopSugar workout! Sounds like a fun one forsure. IF you get an opportunity to try that gym with the Les Mills classes I bet you will enjoy them. I have just tried the one but I have heard the Body Pump is another good one. I think nationwide it is all structured exactly the same.

Laurie: Despite the extra zzzzz’s sounds like you got in a nice quick workout, way to go! Yay to hear the gloves are awesome. Let us know tomorrow when you do the workout. I read the reviews of a few people having them scrape their hands up a little bit, not sure why. I don’t have big hands I have very long small fingers so sometimes things are too short in that direction. Yes, Katy is definitely still nursing the injury. I think due to it being a back-to-back problem with her hamstring still healing and then now her knee it doesn’t help. I’m jealous that you were able to get those Les Mills DVD’s. I think I saw them at one time but now BB doesn’t sell them.

Laurel: Way to go with the LIS Turbo Barre! I bet you will be feeling that one tomorrow. As we have talked before, always great to do the Barre style workouts, I just can’t motivate myself to do a whole one very often. LOL Dang it on the MRI getting cxld for now but great that the knee/shin is still improving. Such a great sign!

Have a great evening ladies ~ TGIF for tomorrow!
    Tami