Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Jessica Smith cardio today and more window cleaning. It was warm enough to have the windows open. More of the same tomorrow.
    The podiatrist office was easy to find and he is sending both pairs of orthotics to be refurbished. I hope to get them within 10 days. My shoes feel really weird without the orthotics.
    While I was waiting for the doctor I checked online to see if there was a Trader Joe's nearby. There was one within 5 minutes from the Podiatrist's office so I went on a little shopping spree. I bought 5 jars of the famous spices everyone on the Skinnytaste Facebook group raves about, 5 bottles of enchilada sauce, panko, and some beautiful looking sweet potatoes. On Saturday DH and I are meeting my BIL and SIL for brunch about 10 minutes from the restaurant there is another TJ's. I am going back to get some salsa verde bottles. I am stocking up!

Laurie, you must've been tired this morning but great job getting a nice workout in!
    I thought you all had the Everlast gloves Cathe uses on her workouts? You didn't have gloves, Laurie?
    I have these ones:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LPJOHO/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_Cg5BCb6XA3Q60

I can't wait to be able to start using my punching bag with the gloves. Even DH is excited about the bag. We'll have to get some cat litter to help weigh it down.

I knew the nests were there because I'm always bird watching. Those are some hard working wasps!

Laurel, isn't it amazing how easy Barre looks, yet it burns like crazy!
    I'm sorry your MRI got canceled, Laurel. I would be frustrated too. Can you call the insurance company to yourself? Thankfully, you are recovering fast!
    OMG, I really thought you also had those Everlast boxing gloves Cathe uses! Now that I have the punching bag I'll have to find more workouts that use a bag. When this workout came out years ago, it looked like it would be a lot of fun

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080SFSYM/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_Dw5BCbJ4YB7H2

I hope all this cleaning pays off. At least it will make DH's life easier. Let me know what you think of Aldi's!

Tami, great job spinning! I'll see if I can get courageous enough to go to a gym in Blue Ridge. I may go to observe to see how intimidating it is! LOL.

Have a good night and a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I have to say that using those gloves with Rock'm Sock'm made me feel fierce, as Cathe would say. :D Talk about fun fun fun. It may be that workout is a favorite, but using those gloves was awesome. I have used my weighted gloves in the past, but having a glove that doesn't move around when you are punching felt great. Now your hands do sweat, but you don't realize it until you take your hands out of the gloves. My hands could fit a wrap on my hands also if I wanted to do that. I can't say enough good things about the gloves though, they fit perfectly for me.

Laurel, Great job on the barre workout, and of course kicking your backside! ;) Dang on the cancellation of you appointment, that probably means the MRI was down. :( I have to say that I kind of wish that the Rock'm Sock'm had a premix with the boxing segments and cardio separated. Then you could do the cardio/kickboxing portions, put you gloves on for the punching. It still worked out for me, because you don't have to go on the floor for anything. I talked to my DH about getting a bag, and he is okay with it. That may be a purchase that I make toward the end of the year. I'm good with subbing out soggy chips for a sausage roll, that sounds delicious.

Tami, I'm glad that Katy is still able to teach without having to be on a bike. I think that the people scraping up their hands are using a punching bag, but that can be avoided if you put wraps on your hands. Female hands should be able to fit with a wrap, and I'm not going to be punching as hard as some of those people in the comment section. I had read those comments also. I would have to see how it is with the bag option to see if they are thick enough for hitting a bag. I also have long fingers, it was great to play the piano with. So I don't think that you would have a problem with that aspect. You may be able to find those Les Mills workouts on ebay, but that is about the only place.

Thelma, Nice job on the Jessica workout! I love that you are stocking up on supplies from TJ's. We have a couple around here, but they are not on my path home so I don't venture into them all that often. No I never purchased the Everlast gloves. I only have weighted gloves, but now I have these so I feel like I need the bag. :D I'm going to be patient though, and see if I can find one on FB Marketplace. Do you have the Kelly Meltdown DVD? That one she is using the bag through the whole workout.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was long but good. I did XT Burn Sets....all upper body part and core 1. It felt great! My MRI is now approved and scheduled for Monday morning, so that is good. I think I will be revising next week’s rotation a bit startingg the STS upper body workouts on Sunday (because of timing) and then maybe doing a pattern of upper, lower, upper, upper, lower and upper. The first two upper body workouts will be the Meso 2 workouts, and the second ones I think will focus on more endurance. By the end of next week I should have the MRI results and, hopefully, more instruction from the doctor than the current ‘don’t workout!’ instruction I currently have. :) I am really hoping to be able to start incorporating at least some more body weight lower body workouts by the week after next and, if so, will get back to our planned rotation.

Tami, sounds like a good spin class! I bet Katy is as frustrated as me right now. :) But as you say at least I am improving. I know I am feeling better when I start cleaning the house the already clean house....as I did yesterday. B) Could be worse things, I suppose!

Thelma, great workout! I am so hoping to start in with some Jessica Smith workouts soon. I think she will be a great one to turn to to get my strength and stamina back. I do have the Everlast gloves that Cathe uses in the Fit Split series, but even those have open fingers. These new gloves are totally enclosed, which I have never used. I can just see me fumbling with trying to drink water during my workouts! :D Jealous of your Trader Joe’s trips. :) Sounds like you got some great stuff.

Laurie, yay on the gloves!! Now I am so excited to be able to try them, especially with that fun workout. One of the things I noticed when trying them on is they are loose enough for wraps underneath if needed but didn’t feel uncomfortably loose at all. Like you and Tami, I have pretty slender hands and longer fingers (for a short person). I think my DH would be all for having a punching bag. I am so proud of him right now because even though I am injured, he finished that MFP challenge last week on his own (and on the road), and we developed a new set of exercises for him over the weekend that he is doing every night. It only is about 5-10 minutes, but it is something! And I think some days when he gets home from work, 5 minutes on a punching bag would be just what he needs. :) I just have to figure out where to put one. :o

Off to drive for the first time since I hurt myself. :o:o But it is time for me to get my hair de-aged!! Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Friday!!!!!!

I had a dentist appt this a.m. that was going terrific until the very end ….. :|:'( found out that SAME crown that was “fixed” 3 times is cracked. I asked them if maybe, just maybe it is a faulty crown. They didn't really address yes or no, just that it needs to be replaced. So I need to get it replaced and the tooth below it is also cracked. WHAT!!! I’m falling apart is how it feels. Turning the big "50" in couple months and 2 cracked teeth . . .Good grief. So next week I will go in and get the crown replaced and the new crown put on. ARGH! Not an expense or experience I wanted to have. OK, done whining. Question for you ladies – the tooth they are replacing the crown shouldn’t need to be drilled on right? It’s already been drilled.

No workout this a.m. but heading to Spinning tonight. :)

Thelma: Great workout with JS again today. Windows open? I am so jealous. We are having 20’s and dropping, more snow coming tonight through the weekend off & on and then next week single digits again. BRRRRR and we are almost into March. So strange. Thank you for the link on the boxing gloves, I know you had mentioned these before. I am still holding off on ordering the new ones but they both look great! I don’t have a punching bag so either one will be fine for me. LOL We don’t have a Trader Joe’s for miles. There is one about 35 min away and it is tiny, so things are always sold out. I wish we had one so much!

Laurie: Thank you so much for the great review and sizing on the gloves. Sounds like they will fit my long fingers as well! YAY. My mom used to tell me I would be a great piano player with my long fingers, funny you mentioned that. Plus, you’re right, I won’t be using a bag so it shouldn’t rub my hands. I looked on Ebay once for those Les Mills DVD’s but haven’t looked in a while. They are hard to find.

Laurel: Fabulous job with Burn Sets, such a great one! I am so happy to hear your MRI is approved and you will get to go on Monday. Your plan for the next phase sounds perfect. I am excited to start it up on Sunday forsure. Felt like I was floundering a lot this week.

Have a great weekend ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. I did some workout DVD shopping this weekend. You won't believe this, but I found a great sale on the kickboxing workout I posted last week which uses a punching bag! Total Fitness DVD's had it for $59.99 on a one day sale on Saturday! Today it's back at $89.99! I also got 10% off with their usual 10OFF code.
    https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/The-Addiction-Workout-6-DVD-Set-Merle-Silver-p/388.htm

Today I was on Amazon.com and noticed that I was being offered some KCM DVDs so I took a look. They were KCM's new workouts on pre-order: 30MTF Sculpting RX and 30MTF Step Boxing 2! I'm so excited about the step boxing workout because I love the first one. The price for each DVD is $12.56 and the release is 2/26.

On Saturday we went out for brunch with my BIL and his wife for my bday early celebration. It was a lot of fun and ate one of my favorite meals which I won't be able to eat again once I leave MA. We're going back next Saturday one last time!
    The weekend continued with more wall and window cleaning. Today was a rainy day so I focused on a different type of house cleaning. I started with the kitchen and then cleaned our 2.5 bathrooms. DH helped me vacuum the floors downstairs even though he is coming down with a cold. Poor thing has been working on the house and his job way too hard.
    I actually cooked dinner on Saturday for us for the first time in a very long time! Usually DH cooks for us.
    I made 2 skinnytaste dishes and we both loved the food. DH said it was restaurant quality food! YAAAY!
    I made the Cheesy Rotisserie Chicken Enchiladas with my TJ's enchilada sauce and Cauliflower Mexican Rice which uses smoked paprika which I bought at TJ's the other day.
    I added El Paso Fat Free Refried beans as a side dish and they were pretty good. DH had seconds and when he was transfering the leftovers to the storage containers he kept eating the enchiladas!
    I bought the chicken on Friday night and we shredded it that night too to save time on Saturday. I was so happy that he liked the food!

My Friday workout Jessica Smith cardio. I didn't workout Saturday or Sunday.

Laurie, so glad you're loving your new boxing gloves. It really is a game changer!
    We stocked up on a few more TJ's things on Saturday. Now I have to find the skinnytaste recipes which use salsa verde.

I do have that KCM Meltdown workout! I'll have to do it with the punching bag and the gloves! I hope you're able to find a good sale on the punching bags.

Laurel, great job with the XT Burn Sets workout! I am so glad your MRI was approved and is now scheduled for Monday morning. I hope you get really good news.
    I really think you'll be able to start doing some lower body workouts pretty soon. Jessica Smith is good and also Leslie Sansone if you need to start slowly.
    I bought those Everlast gloves with the open fingers too but I also bought the boxing gloves. As soon as I put them on my nose starts itching! LOL
    Drinking water during a kickboxing workout is a problem with those gloves. You have to have a straw!
    Laurel, I joined the Blue Ridge Facebook group a few months ago and the people are so helpful and informative. Someone posted her experiences between the Chattanooga and ATL airports and next thing I know they are talking about transportation to/from the airport. They have ground transportation service called MARTA and DH can take the train from the airport to North Springs where I can go pick him up. It will be a 1.45 hour drive which is just as long as going to the airport but at least I don't have to drive in Atlanta. The best part is that there is a TJ's 6 miles from the station on Johnson's Ferry Rd.
    My plan is to visit supermarkets while I wait for DH. The train ride is either $8 or $10 which will save money. There is another option that would bring him to Canton which is 1 hour from BR and will cost $45. I am happy we have options and the train runs very frequently. Laurel, these are options you and your husband can use too. You can take the MARTA out to a city where you can rent a car.
    The other service is called Econorides in Woodstock which takes you to/from the airport. https://www.econorides.com/

Tami, sorry about your cracked crown and tooth! I wonder if you're grinding your teeth while you sleep? Do you wear a night guard to bed? I grind my teeth and I had to get a custom made night guard.
    Our temps some days have been in the 30's or low 40's and at this time of the year those are heatwaves if the sun is out!
    I wish I had a TJ's 35 aways from me in BR but it's at least double that distance.

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a good weekend, even though it rained all of Saturday. Now we have a high of 1 degree this morning. Talk about a shift in the temperatures. On Saturday I did Eion's PY4H and did the Happy Hips mix, which felt great. Sunday was my first day of STS with Disc 13 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. The weight I chose felt perfect. This morning was Disc 14 Legs, and I did use my weighted vest. That is the best option to make sure that I'm not holding really heavy weight. The only problem is I have to do some mental math, so that I'm lifting a good weight. ;)

Laurel, Great job on the Burn Sets. Hope that your MRI appointment doesn't get cancelled again, and that you have some great news. I'm glad to hear that you have the same thoughts on the gloves, I think that you will have fun when you are able to use them. Very great news on your DH's working out and finishing that plank rotation. My DH continues to lose weight, but I sure would like him to do more than walking. But he does have a lot more pep in his step than he used to, and is a lot happier. ;)

Tami, So sorry to hear about you tooth problems. Does that tooth have a root canal? The crack must be very slight, and not like the one that I had where I have to get an implant. My root cracked across the root, and eventually broke off. So I now have a space where my molar was, and on Thursday I get the root pulled, and filled with bone so that it can be ready for an implant in about 4-7 months. I've never had an actual problem with the crown itself, all of mine have been fine. Hope that your spin class was a good one. I think that you would be fine with the gloves, it just is a different way of enjoying our workouts. I think a lot of the people that have those DVD's probably keep them, they are really nice to have when you want something different.

Thelma, You will have to let us know how all the other workouts in this set are, sounds like you will be enjoying your punching bag with this one. The clip looks good. I love that Step Boxing workout, and the Sculpting Rx has a heavy weight workout and the other one is the one I did last week that was a PHA type workout. The only difference between Cathe's PHA and Kelly's is that Kelly does her lifting by time. So you do each move for 45 seconds, which then lets you use lighter weights. I used 8lbs for this one, and her suggestion was 5-7lbs. Great job on the Jessica workout. I hope you are able to find those recipes, salsa verde is my favorite. I could pour that on everything. Glad that you have the Meltdown workout, I think you will enjoy that one with the bag.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you had a good weekend. Saturday we visited a Home and Garden show in a neighboring town and got to see all the flooding in the area. :o It is officially the wettest February on record in Huntsville with most of that coming last week. And, boy, was the Tennessee River high! But it was a nice day out. DH and I want to put a patio behind our house. We have a deck, but would like a patio below, so it was good to talk to some contractors about it. Yesterday was beautifully sunny, but DH was at work all day unfortunately. I had the house opened and engaged in some early spring cleaning. :) I need to get this leg healed because all this cleaning is driving me crazy. :D Anyhow, I had the MRI this morning and now am anxiously awaiting the results. I should get them tomorrow or Wednesday.

For workouts, on Saturday I did two Jessica Smith short (15 minutes each) Pilates workouts from YouTube, which were really nice. Yesterday was STS Disc 13/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, which felt great. Today I put together sections from three different Cathe Live workouts to make one 60 minute workout. The sections were Barre, lower body floor work and core. It felt good. No question my leg continues to improve which makes me very happy.

Tami, I am sorry to hear about your tooth! I have no advise, unfortunately, but I hope they can get them fixed up soon and painlessly! Like you, I was ready to start Meso 2 yesterday. I feel like I haven’t been doing anything for weeks, when that isn’t really true. Simply having a plan makes me feel like I am at least doing something. Yikes on the cold and snow! Literally almost over night all our trees are in bloom here. :o So spring is just around the corner. Makes me so happy!

Thelma, sounds like some great DVD purchases. I will be anxious to hear your impressions. Great job with the cleaning and cooking. Your meal sounds fantastic! We visited Aldi this weekend and while I understand the comparison to
    Trader Joe’s, it just wasn’t quite as good unfortunately. But they do have some good products for very reasonable prices, so they are definitely worth checking out when you get a chance. Thank you for the information on MARTA. We will definitely look into that when flying out of Atlanta! Hope your DH feels better soon.

Laurie, great workouts! I bet Eoin’s workout felt good. Can’t wait to do that one again. Can’t believe how cold it is up there right now. I guess winter is holding on. :| Glad to hear your DH is still losing weight and has more energy. My DH was dancing and singing around the house on Saturday night. Had me laughing. Love seeing his energetic self again!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Good weekend for workouts and was able to finally meet up with my BFF on Saturday afternoon. Workouts were: Sat, KCM Strength & Stamina combined pre-mix, which I always enjoy and then yesterday I did STS #13 Chest/Should/Tri’s followed by KCM Step Boxing 2 for a little cardio, oh and I used my weighted gloves that I have for the whole workout! BootCamp tonight after work.

Thelma: Great news on the big sale you hit!!!! YAY. I love KCM’s new workouts – I am sure you will enjoy them. So glad you were able to find such good sales. Your time with your BIL and his wife sounds like it was very nice. I bet they are getting a little sad for you guys to go. Thanks for your sympathy, such a bummer and expense + experience I don’t want to have. I do wear plastic retainers at night just for teeth to remain straight after braces as a kid so if I do grind I have those in for protection. It’s just super frustrating.

Laurie: BRRRRR for your 1°, although we are in the teens so not much warmer. Great job getting in your Eion stretch, I’m sure it did feel great, I know you were looking forward to it. Excellent work as well starting up your STS. I decided the upper on Sunday and then lower next works good for me since it is so much longer of a workout (upper). Thank you as well for the sympathy although what you have been through and still dealing with is BY FAR worse than my little woes. No, neither tooth has a root canal, hence trying to avoid that. He explained the one tooth has small hairline cracks they don't want to reach the root and the crown on the other tooth also has cracks. Neither of them hurt at all. But definitely don't want a root canal, etc.

Laurel: Your weekend sounds very nice and your weather sounds like a dream. I don’t think our snow will be gone until April. At least that is how it feels right now. Way to go on your workouts!! So good to hear your leg is still improving. I hope your MRI shows nothing to be concerned with today! Fingers crossed for you. Was really nice starting STS workouts yesterday ... forgot about the "breaks" ;) in between sets, nothing like STS #3 though.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Leslie Sansone for me tonight. I have a carpal tunnel flare up in my right hand. It's due to all the scrubbing I've been doing. I'm wearing my wrist brace now.
    We've have a seriously windy day. I've read about downed trees all over the place and people without power.

Laurie, great job with your workouts! Yikes on the cold temps!!
    I'll have to make sure that when I move to BR DH helps me fill up the punching bag's base with cat little to weigh it down. I thought the KCM DVDs I ordered where brand new. I don't understand why Amazon says the DVD release date is Feb 26, 2019. I'm glad you like them though!

Laurel, nice workouts! So glad you finally got the MRI done. I was wondering if you were getting a lot of rain in AL too! It just doensn't seem to stop raining in BR. It rains always there but this past year has been unsually rainy.

Once I get to BR and get settled I'll start trying out my new workouts and will let you ladies know my impressions about them.
    Too bad your Aldi wasn't a good one. Did you buy any cheese or wine? DH must be feeling really sick because he took today off and rested. He rarely gets sick but he has been working very hard with his job and at home getting this house ready.

Tami, awesome workouts!! Glad you finally met up with your BFF!
    my BIL and his wife are definitely getting sad about moving. My BIL gets more PTO time than his wife does so he will come visit us more often for long weekends.
    I was hoping your teeth were cracking because you needed a night guard. Does the retainer cover the bottom of your teeth? My retainers didn't cover the bottom of my teeth when I had them.
    I still can't believe these KCM workouts I ordered are not new. I think they are her newest but you and Laurie already have them and Amazon says they will be released on 2/26/19.

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 15/Back and Biceps followed by Cathe’s Core Max #1. I am loving the heavy weights right now. No news on the MRI yet, but the day is still young so I have my fingers crossed for something by the end of today.

Tami, sounds like a nice weekend. Great workouts! Yes, these breaks in STS are longer which always takes me a little while to get used to. But when I get used to them....I hate giving them up!! :D No house cleaning or laundry during these breaks though. B)

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the carpal tunnel returning, but given all you have been doing with your hands and arms, I suppose it isn’t unexpected. Like I have said before, I carry around a set of recurring injuries from moving that flare up periodically. Hopefully you can give your arm a break and let it recover. I am sorry to hear your DH doesn’t feel well still, but I am glad he took some time off. Regarding our Aldi, it is new and, for whatever reason, the wine is not yet in stock. But it will be there some time. Alabama has some of the most restrictive and bizarre liquor laws in the nation, so I think it might be a licensing issue. Anyhow, so no wine for us, but we did buy some trail mix, some healthy snack bars and such. And if I am ever looking for special cheeses, I will definitely go there because the prices were fantastic.

Laurie, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

My work computer was infected by a virus, so it had to be re-imaged. They are getting so tricky on these infected files, that I didn't even realize that the file was bad until of course I opened it. This morning I did Kelly's 30MTF Quick Fix Cardio Mix both workouts.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and adapting the live workouts. I can totally understand your not wanting to clean anymore, that would be torture for me. :D I'm so over all this weather that we have had this year, right now it is snowing. This has been a really wet winter for a lot of areas. There was a 151 car pile up close the the Green Bay area the day that we where having rain. I new that somewhere up north they must be having ice/snow mix. I'm actually surprised that only one person was killed in that mess. I will be crossing my fingers for you getting some very positive news.

Tami, Awesome strength work, and cardio! I'm still sore from the upper body workout, I guess that I used the right amount of weight. I was going to do some type of boxing workout, but with the sore shoulder/chest I thought maybe just moving my arms with cardio was the best option. Grinding of the teeth was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned the cracks, but if you are wearing something then that can't be why.

Thelma, Great job on the workout, and dang on the carpel tunnel flare up. Hope you fair well with the wind storm, we had those Sunday and yesterday. Rocket was a little freaked by the ice coming off the trees and hitting the house. He was barking at nothing. Kelly releases her DVD's a couple of months after she has had them available on her web page. I purchased them when she had her presale, so got them around Oct of last year. Enjoy those workouts when you get them, and yes your punching bag will have to be set up for you in your new abode.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Pretty good BootCamp last night. Not a 4 or 5 star because the music was TERRIBLE. She decided it was “Metallica Monday” and played an entire hour of Metallica. YIKES. The format itself was good. 1 minute of each exercise adding on and on and on until you do several exercises for a minute and repeat for an hour, no rest. Squats, Push-Ups, Sumo Squats, Overhead Presses, etc. So at any rate, a good workout but the music was not motivational for me by any means. :s She kept yelling at us and wondered what was wrong, that we were acting sluggish. :#

Today was STS Legs #14.

Thelma: Way to get in a Leslie Sansone workout. So sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel flaring up. I am sure it is from all the activity you’ve had going on. The retainer does cover all the teeth on top and bottom, so yes. Just weird. I will ask the dentist’s opinion on Thursday since he wasn’t there the other day. The other dentist was there, not my regular one and I didn’t really feel comfortable with him. That is really weird about it showing as a NEW RELEASE. It is definitely her newest but not brand new. Maybe new for them to release it??

Laurel: Way to go with STS #15 & Core Max. Always love getting back to heavy weights as well. Often don’t trust what I have written down and then I go for it and feel really strong! LOL Hopefully your results come in soon. Did the technician or nurse/doctor give you any thoughts on what’s happening? Fingers crossed it is all good news and just a little rest/rehab combo for you.

Laurie: Great workout with the Quick Fix Cardio. Gotta love those DOMS after a nice weight workout. Your weather sounds crazy. Today we are in the teens and it is beautiful blue sky. Always refreshing, but very cold. Might get some snow tomorrow.

Have a great night ladies! Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Workout this morning was STS #15 Back & Bi's. I hope that I don't regret going so heavy, these workouts are kicking in the second day after I do them. :D My butt is really sore this morning. I think that I forget how these workouts affect my body afterward. ;) I went out with my girl friends last night, it was nice to catch up with them.

Tami, Dang on the music in Bootcamp. I like Metallica, but only a few of their songs. I don't know if I could take a whole class of that head banging music. :D Awesome job on the Meso workout. Yes our weather is crazy, it was snowing last night, but they say rain today.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! For today’s workout, I pulled out Ramped Up Upper Body and did the triple premixes for chest, triceps and shoulders. It felt really good but, boy, my shoulders were crying at the end! Still no word on the MRI. If I don’t hear from them today, I will call tomorrow.

Tami, can’t say I blame you on the hour of Metallica. Never have really cared for them, aside from a song or two. I would have found that pretty distracting instead of energizing, to be honest. Hopefully that was a one-off for her. To be honest, no I didn’t get much feedback on what my injury may be aside from possible shin splints (my suggestion) or a torn ligament (from the ‘pop’ sound). Honestly, I think I would be recovering faster if I hadn’t gone to the doctor at all. I find myself waiting for the diagnosis and over-protecting the leg while waiting where if I just let it heal without diagnosis, I probably wouldn’t be protecting it nearly as much and it may feel stronger as a result of that. But every day is still better than the day before. And I do want to know what I did so I don’t do it again!

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the computer virus. Glad they were able to fix it though. These Meso 2 workouts always kick my backside. While it is my favorite Mesocycle, it is also the one that has me feeling the most tired throughout, I have always chalked it up to a sign my body is changing, but when those tireds hit at 7:00pm..... :o . :D I saw photos of that car accident outside of Green Bay the other day. Amazing more people weren’t killed. Hope the snow and ice and cold leave soon.

Thelma, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout last night but after my HEAVY STS Legs workout it was ok. A nice Spin or Treadmill/Elliptical would have felt great but it was so cold and stormy I just headed home instead. This a.m. was STS #15 Back/Bi’s, Spinning after work.

Laurie: Excellent workout with the Back/Bi’s, sounds like you went nice and heavy for a good challenge. I hope you don’t regret it either. LOL Sounds like a fun evening with your friends. Always good for the soul I think when we can get together with friends ….. I know I always feel better. Exactly on the Metallica, a few songs mixed in is ok but not the whole album. Our weather is very cold and now it is high winds with snow blowing sideways. Supposed to continue all day. Entering into single digits soon too. Here comes March! So strange.

Laurel: WOWSA!! Way to go with that RUUB x3 workout. Sorry you haven’t had any word yet on the MRI. Hopefully if you call someone can help you out. SHEESH. I am sure when you do find out it will help you moving forward. I would be the same way. Thinking it feels ok now I will just continue on but if I didn’t know what caused it I would be constantly wondering and definitely not wanting to do it again. Yes, the music was distracting (perfect word for it) and then sort of annoying after a few songs forsure.

Hi Thelma :)

Have a great afternoon and evening ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Tuesday I did a little Popsugar kickboxing and tonight a slow Leslie Sansone workout. I think I'm coming down with a cold too. Thanks, DH! At least he is much better!
    Tuesday was a little crazy 2 of my cats had dental cleanings and some extractions. I had to drop them off at 7:30 am and we weren't able to pick them up till 8:30 pm. We didn't get home till 9:30 pm! Both my girls are good about meds but our boy not so much.

We have had 2 very cold days and tonight we are getting snow. We'll get anywhere between 3-5 inches.

My hands are pretty much back to normal after wearing the wrist brace and resting my hand from the manual scrubbing. I figured out a way to clean the walls without doing all the work so manually. I have these flat microfiber mops that are really wide so it's a heck of a lot easier to do a wall. Of course, I thought of this once I've done most of the house the hard way. Duh!!! Better later than ever!

Laurie, nice job with your workouts! Congrats on going heavier! So glad you had a nice time with your girlfriends!
    Bummer with that computer virus and having to have your computer reimaged! Talk about a terrible inconvenience. I hope IT installs all the software you need so you don't have to do it yourself.

Thank God we had no downed trees in our property the other day. Poor Rocket getting all freaked out over the falling ice hitting your house. I would've freaked out too! LOL

Thanks for explaining Kelly's DVD release process! Now it all makes sense! They came on Tuesday and my kickboxing set came yesterday.

Laurel, great job with your STS upper body and core work!! Sorry, you haven't heard the MRI results yet. Definitely call them today.

I had no idea Alabama had had tough liquor laws in the nation. Not so in GA because all supermarkets seem to sell alcohol.
    Sounds like you picked up some of the best things Aldi sells. I will be interested in their cheeses too. I think it was Aldi the place that sells individual portions of guacamole but not sure.

Tami, good for you for sticking to the class with that Metallica music. I don't think I would've been able to do the class. I hope someone told Kety the music wasn't so hot. Great workouts!!!

Definitely ask the dentist about grinding your teeth. I can't see why your retainer won't act as a night guard. It's just weird that you cracked the crown too!
    Laurie explained the KCM DVD release mystery! LOL

Have a good day ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE To The Mat and Icy Core 2. So I finally called the doctor yesterday and the news isn’t exactly what I expected......better in many ways and not in all ways. Anyhow, I have a torn calf muscle which caused a cyst to form behind my knee. The ‘pop’ I heard was the muscle, the knee pain was the cyst. So the very good news is both should heal on their own. The even better news is my knee joint is fine. That is a HUGE relief for me. The not-so-good news is that it was a pretty significant tear so it may take me longer than anticipated to fully recover. Right now my only concern about the timeline for my recovery is the Cathe Road Trip in early May. My plan right now is to spend the next several days trying to build back some strength in that leg (after three weeks of over-protection). Then I can safely move on to moves like squats and probably even use my DH’s Max Trainer for cardio. But any moves where the foot is flexed and pushing off, which includes lunges (how I hurt myself), the spin cycle, and even yoga poses need to be avoided for at least three more weeks. So I am going to be very diligent about letting it heal for those three weeks and then see where I am at before making a decision about the Road Trip. My concern is that my desire to attend the Road Trip will make me push myself harder than I should, so I am going to make myself set daily goals that are reasonable and, once achieved, stop! :) So fingers crossed, but all in all, this is not bad news at all.

Tami, great workout! But your weather sounds horrible!! We are back to rain, but with temps at 70 yesterday, I will take it. :) Hope it improves quickly. It has seemed like a never ending stream of storms coming across the country for the past couple of months. I imagine all of you think a break from that would be nice!! I know we could use a break from the rain, but I won’t complain when the alternative is snow. :#

Thelma, glad to hear your hand/arm are feeling better. And I am glad you found a better way of cleaning the walls, even if they are mostly done. Sorry to hear about the cold, though. Hopefully it is short-lived. Yep, the liquor laws here are weird. You can buy wine in the grocery store, like Georgia. But the weird laws kick in on things like getting wine shipped into the state (you can’t) and the hours of sales and stuff like that. It is a little odd because I sense no judgement (for lack of a better word) in alcohol consumption, but the laws stay on the books from years past for some odd reason. But I am from Colorado, which is pretty liberal when it comes to alcohol and drugs, yet it remains one of the few states that does not allow alcohol sales in grocery stores. So I just roll with it! :D Do you know if you will have a Publix near you? That is, hand’s down, my favorite grocery store in the south. Ours near us has quite the selection of individual guacamole items. Their deli and bakery are both amazing. Publix is more expensive but they also do some great BOGO deals. Just a suggestion if you get a chance to find one!

Laurie, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight was another slow Leslie Sansone workout. I definitely have a cold.
    My hand is still injured. I did some scrubbing today and I felt the pain. I can't wait to be done. I have 1 room left, 1 wall in the kitchen and a hallway. Almost there! Then waiting for some warm temps so I can continue with the windows. OMG, I have 22 days left in MA! I still have a few things to pack but not much. I do need to work in the attic though. Waiting for warm temps to go up there! Getting there.

We are trying to figure which internet and satellite tv service to use in BR. Not feeling very hopeful about the choices. It seems good service is a hit or miss there.

Laurel, great workouts. OMG, after I read the description of your injuries I could almost feel your pain! WOW! Thank God the injuries will heal themselves! Please go easy on yourself. Thankfully, you'll have time to heal before Cathe's Road Trip in May.
    There isn't a Publix in BR. The closest one is in Canton, one hour away.
    We have the same liquor laws in MA about not being able to have wine shipped out to you! I have shopped at Publix in NC and FL and I know about their bakery. We went to the one in Canton to check out the bakery and it was a big disappointment! Probably a good thing though! LOL. I'll have to check it out again though.

Hi Tami and Laurie!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm doing okay after the extraction, just taking it easy. There are a lot of stitches in my mouth right now. The root really didn't cooperate, it cracked all the way down. I will probably workout after work tonight, just didn't want to push it this morning. They said that I could workout, but no cardio for the first day. Yesterday I had a very bad night sleeping, I forgot to put my earplugs in. I woke up at 1am in the morning because DH was snoring in my ear, and I had a really tough time falling asleep. Finally fell asleep, and kept sleeping until DH woke me up. ;) Guess I was worrying about the root pulling more than I thought I would.

Laurel, I'm glad that you finally know what is going on with the knee. I'm glad that you have a solid plan going forward so that you can go to the Cathe Road Trip and enjoy the workouts without worry. Great job on the workouts. You will have a solid upper and core that is for sure. ;) LOL about the snow leaving, we are suppose to have snow today, only about 2 inches. After that it is suppose to get really cold again. :p

Tami, Great job on the workouts. Some days you just need to head home or as I'm doing taking it easy. Sounds a lot like you are having the same weather as we are. I hope that March isn't as bad as February has been, I'm really done with this winter. I was a little sore in the biceps the day after, and my back muscles kicked in today. I'm okay with that, it seems that I'm using the right weights.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that your wrist is still not better, and I'm glad to hear that you found a sub for cleaning those walls. Good job on the kickboxing and walking workouts. Only 22 days, that isn't long for sure. It seems long, but goes so dang fast. IT installed all my programs, he just wasn't able to install my printer. I have had to do it before, so no problem with that one. Our printer isn't on our network, which is a good thing. Don't need all these people running in and out of our office for printing, it is busy enough.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body Triple Back and Triple Biceps premixes. My upper body is completely spent right now! I am also doing two-legged squats, one legged squats and step-ups with my injured leg on a 6” step. I’ve done two sets of ten each today and will leave it at that for today. But everything feels good and I think I will get the strength back pretty quickly and be able to do that Max Trainer next week. Boy, does my mood need a boost of cardio right now. :o>:):D

Thelma, I am sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Take it easy. Moving is so stressful, so your body definitely needs a bit of rest right now. Your move is coming up so quickly!! I think you will love spring in Blue Ridge! You should be getting down here as the trees start changing. I am so looking forward to that! Our Publix in Florida was a huge disappointment, so I understand they are hit or miss. But this one here is SO good......maybe I should say ‘unfortunately’, but that would not be how I really feel about it. :p DH and I both almost look forward to grocery shopping, which is kind of weird. :D

Laurie, I felt like going and hiding under the covers when I read about your extraction, especially the part about stitches. :# Glad to hear it went somewhat okay and you are doing well. But I don’t think I would have been up working out this morning after that, that’s for sure. Yes, my upper body and core are actually enjoying these workouts right now! I think I will be doing at least one more week of the double upper workouts and then maybe I will go back to the plan. My only concern about the Road Trip is high impact moves on a concrete floor. I am happy there is no step to worry about and all the weights used will be light. But if I am good doing things like lunges and such but am unable to manage the impact, I will just modify to lower impact and do my own thing! The only thing that would keep me away from the road Trip is if I can’t manage basic lower body moves. But I can’t see that being the case in seven weeks as long.......as I am smart about it. B)

Tami, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel