Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout today. Today I deep cleaned the refrigerator part of our fridge. The freezer will be tomorrow but I can't do much there until we empty it out. DH will have to finish that task. I did some laundry and got our guest room ready.
    The refrigerator looks amazing! It took me a long time but it looks great. When I mean deep cleaning I'm totally serious. I even use Q-tips to get into areas nothing else will! LOL

Laurie, great job with that banner! I bet it will look beautiful!
    I hope you're feeling better! Nice workout choice!

OMG, the laundry closet! It really was a mess. New owners will be happy to see how clean the house is but I'm sure they will do their own cleaning. it will be very easy. I know I would do my own cleaning. The day we closed on the BR house I went to Home Depot to buy cleaning supplies for the kitchen and bathrooms. There was no way I was going to use the bathrooms without me cleaning them first even though they looked clean. LOL
    I hope the cats will adjust well to their new home too.

Laurel, beautiful weekend weather! So funny about your DH talking to the trees!
    Great workouts! I love Jessica's Fusion workouts! It really sounds like you're almost back at 100% Laurel! Great job!

My knee was better until I stepped on that stupid threshold again! OMG, after all these years of stepping on that thing now it hurts.

I am sick and tired of cleaning yet I know I have to go do some dusting and lite cleaning in BR even though I cleaned when we were there last time. I will give myself a break before I do that though. My poor hands are crying for mercy. I've gone through 3 pairs of Mr. Clean gloves!

I really don't like cleaning but now I'm a little bit OCD about cleaning. It gives me a lot of satisfaction to see things so clean.
    I am having our old cleaning lady clean the house starting in April until we sell the house. I just don't want DH to have to worry about cleaning the house.

Tami, so glad you're having such nice weather too! Awesome workouts!

It's been exhausting and definitely gratifying to have completed all the cleaning I've done. I just know that as a buyer a clean house is something I look for. A dirty house is a big turn off. I hope we can sell this house quickly!
    I really am so ready to move. I need a big break physically and mentally, no doubt about it. 4 more days!

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did manage to get in the Lift & Shred W2 after work, so this one is probably not going to include the weighted vest until I'm more comfortable. This one is like the olympic lift workout of Kelly's and the one the Sagi did in H&C. This morning was Jillian's FastFix W1 and Michelle Dozois Next Moves Cardio Core. Sounds like everyone was enjoying some sunshine this weekend, even it if was a tad chilly.

Laurel, Awesome job on all the workouts, they all seem to be very enjoyable. I'm glad to see that you where able to do a LiTe workout also. LOL about your DH asking the trees to bud, that would make me laugh also. We only have some of the early spring flowers starting to push through the soil. It will be very nice to see some color in the mix of brown that we currently have. My DH is well into the Marvel movies, so we have all of them on DVD to watch at any point that we want to. I have a hard time watching the Ant movie. I don't know if it is just the guy expanding and contracting in size that bothers me. You do need to watch the Captain Marvel, because in just 1-1/2 months the Endgame will be in the theaters. ;) I love putting on those clothes that you keep to see how you are progressing, and finding that they are to big. I have the skirt from our engagement pictures that I have never given up, just for that purpose. I may be old and gray, but at some point I will fit into the skirt again. :D

Tami, Great job on your workout, and getting in a LiTe workout too. You and Laurel are making me want to do those workouts again. I have to be patient, but I'm sure at some point I will be throwing one of those into the rotation. Yes the headache was short lived, I will have to endure that during this time of the year. I don't have them everyday, but it seems that when a front is coming then they appear.

Thelma, Now you can come and clean my refrigerator! I don't think that I have ever used a Q-tip on mine at all. A toothbrush for sure. You are very dedicated to making the house very clean. Sorry to hear that you stepped on that threshold again and that your knee isn't liking it. Can't believe that it is only a few days away from you being a GA resident.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with STS Disc 24/Back and Biceps, which felt great. This was the last Meso 2 workout for this rotation! I followed it with Jessica Smith Walk 6 Mile Mix. I did all six miles with this one, but she had three miles of more resistance training (with a band) so it wasn’t all solid walking. These were slightly more intense miles than the other two, but it felt good. Definitely feeling more comfortable and confident than I was last week, that’s for sure. I even managed some very light ‘jogging’ in place during the last mile to see how that felt. Slow progress is still progress....and that makes me happy!

Tami, I saw that Seattle was having record breaking warm temps and was wondering if that was going to head your way. Bet the warmer air feels so good after the long winter! Great workouts! You have given me the idea of doing that Body Weight and Band workout again this weekend. I want to give it another try that’s for sure. Love that RUUB workout SO much!

Thelma, wow on cleaning the refrigerator with a Q-tip. No doubt whoever buys the house will appreciate it. A clean house makes a HUGE first impression. I remember when we put the house on the market in Florida the real estate agent recommended incense and music and such when the house was being shown. Of course, we had moved out before we put it on the market so we never did that.....but we saw stuff like that when we were looking at houses here. And those things left NO impression on me. For me, outside of the neighborhood and layout and such, the only thing I was interested in was the cleanliness. So I think you will be well rewarded for your efforts. I am sorry you hurt your knee again. Your body needs a break!!

Laurie, great workout last night. I love that H&C workout like that. Sounds like a good mix of workouts this morning too! I do have a lot of Marvel movies to catch up on, that’s for sure. But I appreciate the warning about Ant-Man. :o I do this with book series as well......buy a book that’s the tenth in a series and have to go back and catch up on the rest! Sometimes my OCD for completing things really gets on my nerves.....but rarely with books or movies. :D I can’t believe you still have a skirt from your engagement! The only thing I have from nearly 30 years ago is my wedding dress. Last time I tried it on (Florida) it fit....but not well. I am just not shaped like a 24 yo anymore! In other words, I had a waist back then...... B).

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm done with the deep cleaning! What a relief! Tomorrow I will clean bathrooms but those don't need a deep cleaning since I've been cleaning them. We did pack some kitchenware and food tonight.
    We are picking up the trailer on Thursday afternoon. I hope we can finish loading most of those boxes on Thursday.
    My knee seems to be back to normal but my right foot is bothering me. Something on the top/right side of my right foot feels sore. I wonder if it is because I've been on my feet way too long wearing flip flops; which don't provide any support.

DH ordered my dance floor today. It will get delivered next week. He paid a lot of money so that the vendor could do the delivery and not UPS or USPS. I nearly fainted when he told me how much he paid for shipping. He wanted to make sure I have my floor.

Laurie, wonderful workouts!! So glad your sinus headache was short lived!
    If I see a spec of dirt in a tiny place I am going to use a Q-tip. LOL

Laurel, I love your workouts! You are tempting me to buy those JS workouts! What is the name of that program?
    OMG, I can't believe you got a little 'jogging' in place! Huge progress! Congrats!

I'm so glad you mentioned the realtor's recommendations for incense and music. I HATE incense! My father used to burn that stuff when I was a child and I hated it ever since. I did buy Yankee Candle Scentplugs.
    I think I am driving DH nuts giving him all kinds of recommendations on how to present the house, how he has to make sure he looks at things from different angles to make sure there is no dust. LOL
    A dirty, messy house doesn't cause a good impression. Our house will be clean and neat.

Hi Tami!

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was again the Lift & Shred Workout 2 and then followed that up with Michelle Dozois Next Moves Upper Body. Another good combo, and it is nice to mix the short workouts with the Jillian workouts.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and getting to increase your intensity just a little bit. I'm sure that felt great to at least try it out. The previous time I did the Lift & Shred workout I didn't include the jumping with weights. Today I went for it, and it worked out just fine. I also enjoy the olympic type lifting, and the Kelly and Sagi workout have to be my favorites. I like the way those two workout work you up to the power clean and snatch. This Jillian workout doesn't do that, so I'm really glad that I had those two instructors to teach me the proper way. I can see newbies hurting themselves doing this workout without knowing the proper form. LOL I'm that way with books also. One of my favorite series is the In Death by JD Robb (Nora Roberts), and there are almost 60 books. I have re-read that first book multiple times. It's good that I enjoy all of the books to re-read them so many times. :D In fact I was thinking of restarting that series again, I want something that is easy to read for the summer. I have also tried on my wedding dress, and the only part that didn't fit right was the shoulders. I guess all this lifting has created a way different shape to my body. :D

Thelma, Hurray for finishing up the deep clean! How wonderful that your DH did that for you. He wants you to be safe in your new home, and that floor will be fantastic for working out on. I can't stand incense either, that stuff was all over the Ren Faire when we participated in that. I actually use an oil diffuser or candles when I want to add some fragrance to a room. Take care of yourself loading all those boxes.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I did Fit Split Legs and Glutes from the Boxing Bootcamp DVD followed by the F/S the core work. I am still not quite comfortable with step-ups, so I used an 8” step throughout. But the workout felt really good. The warm up, though, reminded me how much I am missing kickboxing right now! I followed it with Cathe Live Cycle Mania.

Thelma, congratulations on being done with the cleaning!! That must feel good. My feet can’t handle being in flip flops for very long at all, so that could be part of the issue with your foot. That is so wonderful about your new floor! That is so sweet of your DH to make sure you have it on time. I would be doing the same thing with my DH if he were showing our house while I was away. He is a pretty neat guy.....but he just doesn’t see things quite like I do. For instance, he would think it was fine to leave coasters on the table instead of putting them away. But it is those simple, little things that can make a room look ‘busy’ that matter.....at least to me. And I agree with both you and Laurie on incense. It is just too heavy a scent for me. I much prefer air fresheners which are far more subtle. I like to think you should be able to walk into a house and not notice how it smells.....which is good. Well, unless it smells like freshly baked cookies. :)

Laurie, another great workout. That is interesting about Jillian not really teaching how to perform those moves correctly. I love how Sagi explained everything and how that workout allowed for progression from learning to doing. But I am glad you were comfortable with it based on your knowledge from Kelly and Sagi. I didn’t realize there were that many books in the JD Robb series. My mom loved those books! I think the longest series I have read would either be Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum) or James Patterson (Alex Cross), though I am now several books behind in the latter series. But I am probably reading books from at least 20 different series.....which is crazy! But I do like picking up a book at times and knowing at least some of the characters when I start reading. Like you said, it makes it kind of easy. Yay on your wedding dress fitting! Mine is tight through the shoulders, back and waist. I do think quite a bit of that comes from fitness. We got married a few weeks after I dislocated my shoulder (for the first time), and I was just thin.....definitely not a fit thin at all.

Tami, hope you are well.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I am here! :)

Yesterday was another scanning day and then my supervisor spent a little time with me. So that was good, but a very long day. Our main manager didn’t realize this has been going on for as long as it has so he said something I think. YIKES but good. Hence, why she sat down with me for a little bit. He talked to me today again about it because she is out sick and said to keep him posted. So he is fully on board now. Which is good but awkward too at the same time. Workouts: Yesterday was Legs and then took Bernie for a walk after work (60+ degrees yesterday and today) and this a.m. was STS Back/Bi’s, tonight I will head to Spinning.

Thelma: YAHOO on being finished with the deep cleaning! I bet you are beyond thrilled. That is super sweet of your hubby too. Be careful with the loading of boxes and hopefully you can get some really good rest very soon.

Laurie: I am happy to hear your sinus headache was short lived as well. Fabulous job with the workouts! Sounds like great combos you did. I do love Nora Roberts books but I have never read the JD Robb series. A lady I used to work with loved those books too. I just don’t get as much time to read as I would like too.

Laurel: You continue to crush your workouts in my opinion and doing amazing! I am so happy your calf continues to cooperate. Awesome job.

Have a great evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow ….. Tami
  • lvnascar
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Michelle Dozois Next Moves Ultimate Cardio and then Jessica Smith 18 min. Stretching routine from youtube. I wouldn't consider the Ultimate Cardio that Ultimate. It was a good low impact Michelle workout, and this was actually perfect for my less intense day. I've been incorporating at least one day during the week to doing less intense for me workouts. This workout was perfect for that purpose.

Laurel, Great workouts! Love that you brought the step down to make sure that it worked for you. In that Sagi workout, I have lifted the heaviest weight for me overhead. Now I should pull that workout out again, because that one was really great for progression. That is the way Kelly does the workout, but she uses a barbell in her workout. I love both options. I love the Stephanie Plum series also, and have to restart that series too. Also the Alex Cross ones are good to. I started the Women's Murder Club series also, but have not read that series in a while. The only other ones that I have read in a series (that I like and continue to read) are the Jack Reacher and Bosch. Guess I have to start reading again. :D I will start with the JD Robb one first. I like how you said not Fit Thin, that is the way I was when we got married also. Of course having children changed my body also, but that is mostly in my lower body that those changes happened.

Tami, Nice job on your workouts, and getting to go outside with Bernie for a walk. We should be getting those temps this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts single books, she really can make a good thriller. I think the ones that she wrote under the JD Robb name was to see how it would sell without her name being on it. Once they started flying off the shelf, they revealed that she was actually the writer. I so remember when that happened. After that I started reading her single books. :D Like you I don't have a lot of time either, but one of my goals this year is to make some time just for reading. I miss it a lot. I'm sure that you will be cheering for Gonzaga this weekend.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Fit Split Pull Only premix. I haven’t done this workout since last summer/fall so I stuck with Cathe’s weight. I probably could have gone heavier, which made me happy. But I was fine with it today. For cardio, I decided to take it up about half a notch. I started with ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 (the section on the floor) into Jessica Smith’s Cardio Ball Ballet from YouTube. While neither was intense cardio, it felt SO good to move my body more. The JS workout was 47 minutes long, and I loved every second of it. She used a Pilates (non-weighted) ball throughout and, honestly, it was during this workout and all that upper body ball work that had me glad I kept the weight down in the Fit Split workout because it did test my shoulders. So I think I am one step closer to Cathe’s more intense low impact workouts which makes me very happy.

Tami, I am so glad the manager noticed that you weren’t being trained. I am sure you would rather keep a low profile, but, obviously, he thinks you are a valuable employee and deserve the investment of your supervisor’s time. Hopefully it continues. Great workouts. Thank you for being so positive about my workouts. I am still fighting some frustration when I know I should be very happy with where I am. :# So the positivity really helps.

Laurie, great workouts. I am again hoping to get back to doing yoga (or Pilates) twice a week once I get fully healed to ease off the intensity every day, so I like your approach. The one thing I am noticing with less intensity is I am holding on to a little more weight in my mid-section (despite a relatively clean-ish diet), but, to be truthful, I am okay with that if it means giving my body the recovery that it needs. It’s not like I am walking around in shirts with my belly showing or, really, anything that hugs my figure tightly so.... :D . I, too, have read all of the Jack Reacher novels. My reading habit really comes and goes. When I am not reading much, I have a tendency to go for the very light series like the Hannah Swenson series from Joanne Fluke. But when I am reading more, I reach for David Baldacci or Lee Child or just non-series books that are more ‘meaty’. One of my favorite series, though, is the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series from Alexander McCall Smith. They are set in Botswana and are easy reading, short books that contain some very poignant messages at time. Of course, though, now I want to go to Africa! Some day......

Thelma, hope you are well. No doubt you are busy as the clock winds down on your move! I forgot to answer your question yesterday about the Jessica series. The ones I did Friday, Sunday and Tuesday are all individual DVDs I got from Amazon. They are her 4, 5, and 6 mile walks. If you just search for JS 4 mile walk on Amazon, you should find it. And if you don’t get a chance to check in the rest of the week, I hope your trip is smooth safe and exciting!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I can't believe tomorrow is my last day in MA. When DH went to pick up the trailer I told him to get a bigger one than what he had rented if he could. There is no way the one he had rented would've been big enough. I think we finished loading up the boxes in what felt like an hour but I think it was more like 1.5 hours. Just like we did last time we had staged the boxes near the door. DH had organized them by weight as the heavier boxes need to go in first. Tomorrow will be an easy day. I still to finish in the attic but I'm almost done. Wednesday was a really lazy day. I just couldn't get to do what I needed to do. I dragged all day long and at night I freaked out and started doing what I should've done earlier in the day! The bathrooms didn't get cleaned as scheduled so I did that tonight. Tomorrow I will vacuum downstairs where we had the boxes and will clean the kitchen. We will also finish packing the kitchen which is pretty much just spices.

I got my hair cut and the lady got carried away so it's pretty short by my standards. I'm definitely not in love with the cut but I don't hate it. I'll get used to it.

Laurie, fabulous workouts! I love Alex Cross and the Women's Murder Club series. I was going to get some of those murder mysteries to read in BR but I was afraid I'd get paranoid given I'm going to be alone in the house.

I'm so relieved to be done with all that cleaning! It really was nice of DH to make sure I'd have my workout floor set up before he returns to MA. I like candles and those oil diffusers too, but I don't own a diffuser and I worry about candles. That's why I chose Yankee Candle air fresheners.

Laurel, awesome workouts, and congrats for starting to incorporate leg work. I'm so proud of you for using the 8" step! Thanks for the name of Jessica's workouts and for the good wishes for our trip to BR!

It sure feels good to be done with all this cleaning. The house looks good and DH needs to make sure he finishes the painting and other stuff around the house.
    I do worry about DH showing the house without me but I told him to ask the realtor if the house is set up in a good way or not. I totally understand what you mean about the simple things we see that make a room look busy and a guy may not see.
    Incense definitely has a heavy scent, but I think it brings back bad childhood memories for me.
    So I think I have plantar fascitis due to the flip flops. I've been wearing my sneakers, massaging my feet and stretching and I feel better.

I told DH to plug in the air fresheners to make sure they are not strong. He will know if it's too strong. A couple of years ago when we went to Canada the B&B's owner had hidden an air fresher in the room. It was super strong and smelled cheap. I didn't rest until I found that thing because I couldn't breathe.
    I am really excited that DH ordered my floor and will set it up for me next week.

Tami, I'm so glad the main manager is making sure you get the training you need! Clearly that supervisor needed a little 'talk'.
    Great workouts!!

I am beyond thrilled to be done with the deep cleaning. It really was very sweet of DH to make sure I get my workout floor.
    I was careful lifting the boxes but my back still hurt a little afterward. I hope to be able to get some rest on Sunday night. I am afraid this time I will sleep while we're on the road. I don't think I'll be able to stay awake.

Have a good night ladies and have a great weekend. I hope to be back online sometime ealy next week.
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm not in love with the Level 2 of the Lift & Shred workout, so I changed it up this morning and did LiTe PHA 2. Such a great workout, and I feel the burn. :D I'm going to be doing that one all of next week instead of the Jillian workout.

Laurel, Awesome job with all the workouts, and feeling like you are one step closer for the next level. That is great, and I love that you have been so patient. Like you I think that not incorporating just a little bit of cardio (for intensity) into my rotation with the STS workouts, I was seeing that same midsection problem. It appears that my body needs both the strength and cardio or like the PHA workout that makes your hr rev up. Jillian's weight workouts are like that so I think that is why it has helped me this past month. The STS workouts where just to long for me to add in a short cardio, but I'm enjoying this short total body and adding on another workout. Now you have me curious about some new authors, will have to check some of those out. I love the mystery type of reads, so anything like that is fun. LOL about wanting to visit Africa after reading books like that.

Thelma, Have a safe and wonderful trip. I hope after all the unpacking, you and your DH get a chance to relax and enjoy looking at the mountains for a bit. I would imagine that your body is very tired, and need to relax a bit. Dang on the short hair, it is a good thing that hair grows. ;) I don't blame you for not wanting to read those murder type books while being by yourself. You should read the Stephanie Plum series, that one has murder in it, but you laugh so hard at all of her family members that you just enjoy those books so much more. I love her Grandmother in that series. She makes me burst out laughing, and my DH just smiles at me.

Tami, Hope that Gonzaga beats Baylor tomorrow. ;)

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I did Fit Split Push followed by 50 tough minutes on the Max Trainer and a set of ab work from Cathe Live. It is funny that I started the week with a very achy body and the harder I have pushed, the less achy everything is. I really do wonder what I would feel like if I never worked out. :o But here is hoping I can find the middle ground and not push too hard and make my body ache unnecessarily from too much intensity. B) But I have a plan formulating in my mind for post-Cathe Road Trip/Summer workouts where I hope to incorporate more workouts like the Jessica Smith workout I did yesterday. Nothing solid yet but it feels good to at least glance at possibilities post-injury. But before I get ahead of myself, I suppose I should come up with a plan for next week’s recovery week! :p

Thelma, one more day!! I hope you get a chance to enjoy this last day living in Massachusetts. No doubt it will be a very bittersweet day, but I hope you are also filled with tons of happiness and excitement. I am glad your foot is feeling better. My plantar fasciitis is why I can’t wear flip flops, especially for any length of time. I understand about not wanting to read too many ‘murder’ books while you are alone. I second Laurie’s recommendation of the Stephanie Plum series. Just good, light-hearted (almost silly) reading. There are so many really light reading series anymore it is hard to choose from them. So if you need any recommendations...... :) . Have a very safe trip and welcome to life in the South!!!

Laurie, great workout! That is one workout that I am trying so hard to get back to being able to do. I may try it next week in fact. :) It is interesting about the weight in the mid-section. I hate to say this.....but I am glad it isn’t just me! B) When I first got hurt and was able to get back to weights, I was really happy with how my body responded. I remember telling DH that maybe I didn’t need all the cardio I do. And then the progress stopped, even though my diet got better. :o But this week I am beginning to see some changes again, and I can only chalk that up to one thing.....more cardio......because everything else has stayed the same. So I know I need some cardio, especially cardio that involves the entire body and not just what a piece of workout equipment works. One of the things I want to do this summer is see how my body responds to more metabolic type workouts (like the PHA workouts) because those are really intense workouts that work the whole body.....without impact. Like I said, I have lots of thoughts churning in my head right now! Anyhow, reading your thoughts on Stephanie Plum has convinced me what to read next! I am finishing up an excellent but entirely serious and difficult book, and I need a change. I wasn’t sure which direction I wanted to go, but I think laugh-out-loud sounds good right now. :D It has been a couple of years since I read the last one (I like to savor them), so it is time. :)

Tami, hope you are well. Go Gonzaga!!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Again I didn't workout this weekend, it was nice outside on Saturday so I went out to clean up some of the winter debris. We also had to attend a funeral for my youngest brothers FIL. Sunday I just took it easy and did some organizing of my yarn. I will post the picks of my sweaters when they finish drying. This morning I did 30MTF Cardio Pump Workout 2, which is a Pyramid weight workout. I'm planning on going through as many total body workouts as I can. I have managed to lose another pound this week, so I'm going to continue this rotation with some different total body and cardio workouts. I want to chose weight workouts that get my hr up, but I'm lifting heavy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D I'm going to do Cathy's Supersets on Wednesday.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! I hope that you came up with a solid plan for this weeks recovery week. I hear you on the not pushing yourself to hard. I have noticed that my knee has been bothering me less and less these past few weeks. I don't know if it is the fact that I'm losing weight or it's the workouts that I'm picking. Could it be that I'm not pushing myself as hard, and my body is appreciating it. Those are the things that I'm trying to figure out right now, so it is really a test. All I know is that I was able to do some jogging that Kelly had in the warm up. I usually have some discomfort when doing those, but not this morning. I know that I have wanted to try that metabolic type rotation for a while, but have never been able to figure out how. I will be interested to see what you come up with. LOL about the Plum series. I was organizing my books this weekend also, because I wanted to make sure that I had my In Death series ready for my summer reading. I found all my books in that Plum series also. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had beautiful weather this weekend. Saturday we ended up going to Tennessee just to drive around. It is so beautiful up there. We did end up at the Jack Daniel’s distillery, but since I am not a whiskey drinker, we just spent the time walking around and enjoying the day. It was nice to be out and about. Yesterday was yard work....picking up tree limbs, raking, getting the sprinklers to work, etc. Not as much fun, but it felt good to be moving towards summer. B)

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica’s Cardio Ball Blast from YouTube into her Recovery Day Stretch. Yesterday was LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body, which I am feeling today in my glutes. :o For cardio, I did LITE Metabolic Blast double standing work premix. Today was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body and Core 1 followed by Cathe Live Spin Those Wheels. I decided yesterday while I was working out :p what my format for this week was going to look like....and I decided to alternate lower body and upper body workouts. I will do the LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets workouts later this week. I am also going to do Ramped Up Upper Body and will figure out a leg workout that sounds good. I figured these high rep workouts would be good before going into Meso 3. :)

Laurie, sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend, but I am sorry about the funeral. Great workout this morning. Boy I wish you could share the keys to your success on the weight loss. That is truly excellent!! I just haven’t found that ‘sweet spot’ my body enjoys for losing weight, and it is frustrating me a little because I was doing so well pre-injury. But I am trying to remain patient....something you complimented me on last week but something that doesn’t come easily for me. B):#:D It must feel so good to have your knee feeling better. As far as my summer rotation, what I really feel like right now is a lot of variety. I was thinking about this yesterday, and I have been pretty consistently doing at least one month rotations now for about 18 months. So I am thinking about doing something more like a Look Great In Eight type rotation with a different focus each week. I just need to think about what I want those weeks to look like, but I know I want more endurance/metabolic work than I have been doing lately. So I will keep you posted! As far as recommendations for Total Body workouts, I would suggest S&S Total Body, and the PHA workouts (of course :) ). Those are the only ones that I can think of that are under an hour, use heavier weight and keep the heart rate up. But I may be missing something!

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

Thelma, hope you are safe in Georgia and, aside from unpacking, loving life!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I was finally able to login. I still have to hit "Search" to find you all. Normally I just click on the notifications "bell icon" and it leads me right to us. At any rate, that is why I have been MIA. I tried searching last week one of the days and it went to one of our old threads from several years ago. ANYWAY .... workouts were good over the weekend. I did LITE Metabolic Blast (X2 Standing work ~ just like Laurel) on Saturday, which I loved the combo of the extreme version and then yesterday I had the urge to do LIHI RWH Chest/Shoulders/Tris Xtreme pre-mix with finishers. I wasn't sure where we are at with our rotation. :# Also took Bernie for a quick walk. He is reminding me more of Emma now with his short walks and limping. I think I need to get some more supplements going and possibly the Rimadyl from the vet. :'( I realize with all our cold weather and him also being cooped up for so long he can't go very far but it's like around the cul-de-sac and we need to get back. Definitley going to try and get in at least that as much as possible to see if he can improve some or if this is a problem or? Poor guy.

Today's workout will be BootCamp after work.

We celebrated our Anniversary with our friends we went to Hawaii with on Saturday evening. They have been married 21 years and we have been married 23 years. Only a couple days apart so it was fun to go out to dinner with them. Other than that a LOT of basketball watching took place as well it felt like. LOL

Thanks ladies for rooting for the Zags with me!!!!! They have a tough game coming up forsure. Really fun to be rooting for them.

Where are we with the rotation .... feel like since I missed most of last week on our chats I should check in about that?

Looks like you are both doing fantastic with your workouts and Laurel, your calf must be feeling nearly 100%??

Laurie: Since I just did that Metabolic Blast workout, I would suggest that one into the mix if you are looking for Total Body style workouts. It is a lot of fun and under an hour forsure. Love the S&S Total Body and PHA workouts as well that Laurel already suggested.

Hi Thelma ~ hope life is treating you well and you are getting all settled into your new house!!!

I'm glad I was able to find our thread.... so weird that it just stopped connecting me.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow (i hope) . . . . Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I tried out a new RAW workout called #2 Cardio HiiT, and I loved it. She did an exercise 4 times and then changed to another exercise for 4 times then a rest. I know that she is getting herself in shape for filming some new workouts, so I'm hoping that this type is in the mix. One of the things I'm enjoying about the RAW workouts, is that you get to see what type of workouts she is thinking about for the next DVD series.

Laurel, You are really rocking the workouts! Looks like you have a solid plan for your week, and getting into the Meso 3 workouts. I'm planning on staying with my current total body, because something is clicking for me right now. LOL about the Jack Daniels, now I would have enjoyed a shot. Whiskey is my DH's choice for liquor and I have come to enjoy it because of that. I think some of what is happening in my body is due to being in full menopause. I had a really hard time in the peri-menopause, and now I'm not experiencing all the discomfort that I felt the last few years. I always felt bloated and fat if that helps with understanding. Right now I feel normal with an occasional hot flash. Those are fairly rare, but we will see how the summer goes when it is hot out. :D I have a few more pounds to lose that I gained during that lovely time period though. S&S Total Body and PHA are on my list, so I'm glad that I'm on the right track with the ones I remember with that time frame. I have a few more to look at from other instructors also. I think the Look Great in 8 would be awesome for the summer, and changing it up every week. There are so many options for different workouts.

Tami, Nice job on your workouts, and I hope your BC class was a good one. I hope that Gonzaga does well in the Sweet 16 ;) So sorry to hear about Bernie slowing down, that is always hard to go through. I was thinking about Cami during our walk this morning, I have no idea why. Rocket is no where near that stage, he is going to be 4 years old in April. Nice that you had a chance to celebrate your anniversary, which congrats! It is amazing how the time flies by. I'm not doing the rotation, so Laurel will have to help you with that one. ;) I had some issues last week with finding the thread also, but now it appears to be back on track.

Thelma, I hope all is well with you in GA!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, I decided to push myself way out of my comfort zone today and do the workout I was doing live with Cathe when my calf muscle went ‘pop!’ The workout was called Leg Day. When I got through the first two exercises (step-ups and static lunges.....the latter I was doing when I heard the pop), I really enjoyed the workout. :o It was like a blend of the LITE lower body workouts with some other stuff added in. I even did one set of step ups in 10”! For cardio, I decided to keep pushing, and I did Fit Split Low Impact Cardio into Cathe Live Crush It Low Impact Live. I definitely felt the calf in these workouts but there were a lot of pushing moves, so I am not surprised. But I was able to do everything in both workouts, so that makes me happy. Still a bit away from trying any true impact, but far closer than I was two weeks ago when I hadn’t even tried a Jessica Smith walking workout yet.

Tami, so glad you were able to find us! I have this page bookmarked on my iPad, so I didn’t have the problems you and Laurie seemed to have had. Hopefully it is all worked out. Great workouts! I am not at all surprised we did the same workout this weekend. :D I really enjoyed that one. So we are in our last recovery week for this rotation. Next week starts Meso 3. This is the pattern I am going to do with Meso 3 starting on Sunday: lower body; Meso 3/Chest and Back; Meso 3 Squat Rack Legs; Meso 3/Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders; cardio/very light legs/yoga (or some combination of the three depending on how my body feels); PHA; yoga. I have decided to do the PHA workouts on Friday again (like we did with the XTrain workouts) since I missed two weeks of those PHA workouts.....and I love them too much not to make up for that! :p I am not doing the Plyo Legs since I am nowhere close to being able to do those jumps on and off the step but am going to try to do the Squat Rack Legs (boredom permitting :) ) to try to get some real strength back into my lower body. Hope that helps! This week, fyi, I am just alternating lower and upper body workouts. I would put my calf at about 70%, but definitely getting better with every workout. Happy Anniversary!! Glad you had a good time with your friends. Are you planning anything special for your birthday? I know it falls on Easter (like our anniversary), but I hope you get a chance to do something nice for yourself. :)

Laurie, sounds like a really good workout. I can’t believe she is filming again! But if I remember correctly, she did film her last series in spring/summer last year, right? Where is time going? That is interesting about being in full menopause. If it isn’t too personal, how long have you been post-menopausal? I entered the same phase in September and, so far, I am not really seeing or feeling much difference. I think my mood is better (but I attribute that more to being out of Alaska than anything), but my hot flashes are still tough at times. My weight.....it is hard to tell with moving, the holidays, the injury.....but it seems about the same, which isn’t exactly what I would prefer. B) So I am kind of curious what to expect moving forward. Anything you are willing to share is appreciated. :) Anyhow, another good short total body workout is the Body Beast Total Body workout, I have only done that one a few times, but I remember it really got my heart rate up. I hope to start crafting a summer rotation in the next week or two. If you have some ideas on weeks, please share. I am thinking I am going to make it about a 16 week rotation to go from mid-May to early September. But that is as far as I have gotten. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I changed my mind and did S&S Total Body Giant Sets. So glad that I popped that one into the player, because it was a good one. I will do the Supersets on Friday. That will be a great way to end the week.

Laurel, I'm so glad to hear that you where able to do that workout, and of course getting through it without incident. Great job on all the workouts! I know when she posted that she was getting in shape for filming, I was surprised also. She is always a month or two ahead of Cathe. I'm okay with anyone asking questions about this stage of life. :p I have been going though this bloated/fat feeling for three years. :# For me it was like being in a constant state of ovulation without relief. That is the best way to describe it for me. Right now I'm almost at the same weight I was for my daughters wedding, but my measurements are smaller. I never, through that whole period, stopped exercising, nothing seemed to help. I of course did gain about 5 pounds that never seemed to go away until now. I know that each person has a different experience, but that is mine. Right now I only have hot flashes when I first wake up and sometimes when I'm doing nothing but watching tv. Thanks for the recommendation on the Body Beast workout. Some of those H&C workouts might fit the format I'm looking for also. I will have to check those out this weekend. With all the new type of weight lifting that LGI8 rotation would have some extra weeks added in. The Fit Split would be a good week alone. ;)

Tami and Thelma, Hope your week is going well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I changed my mind at the last minute on what workout to do and instead of doing Ramped Up Upper Body as planned, I did Cathe Live Strong Body Upper Body Express. I have missed quite a few weeks of Live workouts this year, and this one was a new one for me. This was a great, short upper body workout. It wasn’t really like anything she has done on DVD, and I liked that. I followed it with some core exercises from another Live workout, then did nearly an hour on the Max Trainer.

Laurie, love that workout! It really hits the lower body especially hard. I don’t know why, but I feel like I haven’t really used the last few Cathe workout sets to their fullest potential (including S&S), so I am thinking about finding ways of focusing on them for this summer rotation. The benefit is since RWH came out, all of the workouts are under and hour (I believe) making them perfect for a summer rotation. So I completely agree about Fit Split!! I don’t necessarily want to do each program isolated, though, so I am thinking like a week of Boot Camp workouts (not six of them though! :) ) using the BC workouts from S&S, ICE and the Fit Tower series (or something like that). Then a week using the metabolic workouts from ICE, maybe Fit Split and LITE. But these are just rough ideas! Let me know what you think. Thank you for sharing your experiences with menopause. Yikes....that does not sound like a pleasant few years. :o For me, my experience with ovulating was far more painful than anything else in my cycle, so I would not have coped with that very well. I am glad it is over with for you! My hot flashes seem to come in the morning (waking up), when I first go to bed, and when I drink hot tea (but not coffee, which is weird). Or if I have too much sugar.....then they come all the time. I hate them. :# The hot flashes and sleeplessness (which has gotten better) were/are for me the worst part. That is really interesting about your body weight and your measurements. I was telling DH earlier this year that I probably will never be shaped like I was before, regardless of how much I weigh. You give me hope!! I am not looking for the body of a 20 yo, of course, :D , but as I have said before, the midsection could use a little less.....fluff. Because I have a very unhealthy obsession with numbers, I don’t weigh or measure myself so I have very little to go on when it comes to progress.....which has its own set of frustrations. But, being brutally honest, my diet had gotten out of control toward the end of last year and I have really reined it in.....more so than I have for many years. And I suppose I was hoping to feel more results from that. All I know is my clothes seems to fit, but I feel like they shouldn’t. It is really kind of strange and not something I have ever really experienced before. Maybe it is all just mental and nothing physical at all! :p Anyhow, thanks again for sharing.

Thelma and Tami, hope you are both well.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ . I still had some problems today trying to login :| so I just pasted the link in my browser from the other day “just in case”. Not sure what’s up. Yesterday I was actually busy with some other training moments which has kicked into gear FINALLY! So I was sitting at another computer and then busy at my own so wasn’t able to check in. I guess my supervisor had a very stern talking to last week after our big boss learned that I was truly not being trained at all and instead scanning files. He was MAD. So at first it was awkward but she is doing way better to show me things despite being busy. So it is a good thing.

BootCamp was good the other night, we did only a 50 min workout but it was strength with a lot of front kicks, then roll down, jump back up, more kicks. Then another round of weights. She did a lot of leg work off the high step with real slow intentional movements. Not usually her speed .... LOL Yesterday was LITE Pyramid Lower Body (which I absolutely LOVE) and no workout this a.m. but I am going to Spinning tonight. Need that cardio forsure.

Laurie: Awesome job on the RAW workouts! That sounds like a lot of fun. Did you say “NEW WORKOUTS!!???!” lol That’s great you get a preview of things she is thinking about. Also, great job with the S&S Total Body Giant Sets. This one flies along for me, really enjoy it. Definitely another favorite for Total Body. I love that things are clicking for you right now in the workout department. Last week was sort of rough for me and weird that it can randomly hit. I think the “funk” feeling at work and that frustration hasn’t helped my mental state so it has made me feel kind of blah. This week is better though and I have been just picking workouts I want to do and love. I definitely vote on “yes” for the Look Great in 8 Rotation, I remember we did that format before and I loved it. It really does make me sad to see Bernie slowing down ….. I knew it was around the corner since he is the same age when Emma started showing signs as well. Both being very LARGE dogs for their breed as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Laurel: Sounds like you are still continuing to do amazing with your calf! The “pop” sound would have scared me forsure. Glad everything is ok and that workout sounds like it was A LOT, so that is great! I really need to up my cardio game ….. I know you ladies were talking about this the other day a bit and how you felt the difference even just in the short time of your injury. I think mine has been in dealing with my mom and lack of motivation/depressed a little/etc. Feeling a bit “thick” right now and know cardio would help. Just need to find one that motivates me. Thank you in advance for keeping me on track for the next phase of our rotation. I was thinking most likely it was Meso 3! I’m going to make a note of your pattern and follow that. Although I will do the Plyo Legs because I love those ones and again, need the cardio factor! So about my Birthday ~ crazy it falls on Easter this year. DH has planned us a trip to California so I can be with my sister and in the sunshine! Two of my favorite things and of course be with him too. We will spend a couple days in LA/Santa Monica and then to Anaheim to watch the Yankees. So just a 4 day trip but perfect and we had a couple flight vouchers so won’t be too expensive. Super sweet of him. Are you guys doing something fun for your Anniversary/Easter combo this year?

Have a great evening ladies! Tami