Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really fun workout combo today. I started out with Kelly's Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion and then went into Jillian's Kickbox FastFix Workout 2. I am needing my kickboxing at least once a week, and this combo was great.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and that you did a workout that was new to you and enjoyable. WOW on the Max Trainer time. Oh I really really like the sound of doing the series in that format. I don't have the Fit Tower series, but I'm sure that I can find another workout to sub in. I also don't want to do just LiTe or just Fit/Split for a month. I find that I can do those workouts for a couple of weeks, but not for a month then I need a change. I will probably schedule myself for only 5 days a week. I think this summer is going to be very busy for DH and I. I find that wine is one thing that still gives me hot flashes. Oh well, I don't have a glass that often. The one thing that I didn't have to much problems with is the sleepless nights. After I started using my earplugs that was so much better. I was also in that clothes fit, but really don't fit. That is what has finally started to go away. That fluff that is so uncomfortable. So hang in there, because it really does go away and you start to feel like a human again. :D

Tami, Love all the workouts! Glad that you enjoyed them, and had a good class. I'm really glad to hear that you are finally getting some training. That is to bad that your supervisor had to get a tongue lashing, but sometimes that happens. One of the things that I like about the workouts that get your HR up is that the leg work is scattered through out the workout. I can get bored with just doing a leg workout. The LiTe Pyramid is a good one though, because she put all the exercises that I don't enjoy at the beginning. Getting those out of the way makes the end so much better. :D I think the LGI8 will be wonderful for the summer, so glad that you are on board also. Okay yesterday I had some issues with finding the little bell also. I had to close my browser and reopen, so you where not the only one that had that experience.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    3yed27thac1z.jpg
    Hi ladies! Just wanted to say a quick hello! We're doing well. We will be working on my exercise floor today. Each tile needs 21 thick foam cubes attached to them, thankfully DH ordered the ones with a sticky back!
    My back has been a mess with terrible muscle spasms and still dealing with plantar fasciitis. I'm feeling better today which is great.
    I hope you're all doing well!h25vkl6lqyla.jpg
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,779 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body, which I absolutely love. These LITE strength workouts (all of them) are quickly turning into some of my favorites. I went heavier than Cathe today and felt great. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Hard Strikes Low Impact Kickboxing. :):):) This was my first KB workout in two months, my first opportunity to use my new gloves.....and I loved it!! My calf held up to most of it just fine. It still feels really tight and painful doing Cathe’s ‘jump rope’ move, so I am hoping that eases up with time. But it seems pretty fine on more side to side moves than those straight up and down ones. But I did it!! I finished it up with Extended Stretch 1 from LITE.

Tami, I am sorry you and Laurie are still having issues getting here. That is so strange. But I am glad you were able to find us! Sounds like a good BC class. How is Katy doing? Hope she is improving. Yay for being on board for a LGI8 (or 16 :) ) rotation. I will definitely sit down over the next week or two and try to pencil something out. I want to do something fun! No doubt you are still feeling the effects of 2018. What a horrible, horrible year that was for you. And, no doubt, frustrations as work don’t help that. Hopefully that issue has been resolved, at least somewhat. But don’t be too tough on yourself because you have been through a lot. I am so glad you are going to LA for your birthday! I am sure it will be good to see your sister again and just be somewhere warm, sunny and different. We have no plans as of yet for our anniversary. It will be our 29th! :o I have talked DH into coming to the Road Trip with me because one of the places he has always wanted to show me is Northern Michigan (he was raised in Detroit). So we are going to turn it into a mini-vacation. I got us some hotel reservations at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, where I have wanted to visit since seeing the very cheesy Christopher Reeve/Jane Seymour movie ‘Somewhere in Time’ in the early 80s. B) So I consider that our anniversary celebration. :)

Laurie, sounds like a great combo! You can only imagine how happy I am about being able to do some kickboxing after 8/9 weeks away from it!! So good! One of the things I was going to mention yesterday is I really only want 3-4 days a week ‘planned’ for this summer rotation. I just want more wiggle room than I have allowed myself recently. I added that seventh day of working out in Alaska because it is nearly impossible to do anything else during the winter.....but I can’t say that about summer in Alabama! So I hope to scale back as well this summer. Hopefully DH and I will be filling up that time pursuing some fun activities outside.....or at least taking care of the lawn. :) I am SO happy to hear that you not only understand what I was saying about my clothes.....but that this feeling goes away. You made my day!! I have tried explaining it to my DH, and he just looks at me like I am crazy. Thank you for making me feel not crazy!! :D I think wine may have been some of the source of my sleeplessness. At least I know that now and can make the conscious choice of wine vs sleeping. Sleeping is winning.....but there are days..... :p .

Thelma, thank you for checking in!! So glad you made it there safely. No doubt your body is suffering, but that view hopefully makes it all worth it! I can only imagine what it will look like when those trees fill in. Hopefully all goes well with the floor installation. No doubt you are anxious to establish some form of normalcy in your new life right now. Knowing you can workout may help with that.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a great Spin class last night, Katy wasn’t able to finish due to her hamstring, but as always she continued to make us work. This a.m. was KCM Lean Body Circuit. No workout tonight …. ZAGS are on! Fingers crossed they do well.

Laurie: Sounds like an awesome combo this a.m. KB workouts are definitely a cardio I never dread. Always fun. I’m glad too on the training …. Fingers crossed it continues. Thanks for the kudos/encouragement on the workouts! Glad I am not the only one who has had problems on the login. So strange. Glad to be finding you guys with my new method. Yes, LGI8!!! Looking forward to it.

Laurel: Awesome combo again today! Seems like you are pretty close to your usual routine of workouts right? Just not as much impact on that calf. You are so sweet to understand my feelings, and what has happened + the frustrations at work I know have affected me mentally. Hand in hand I suppose. Trying to give myself some grace, just hard. So thank you for the reminder. I am also very glad to be going to LA. We decided to stay near my sister but not at her house while in LA. Between DH and my sister they are planning all kinds of fun. YAY Plus sunshine. Your trip for your anniversary sounds amazing! I know that movie ~ loved it!

Thelma: Thanks for checking in! Sounds like things are great. Give yourself some rest, I am sure your body is needing it.

Have a great evening ladies! Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I pulled out Kelly's Meltdown workout, and did the Dumbbell Meltdown Premix. This one is a weight round followed by boxing. I used my weighted gloves. We are going to the Brewers game tonight. I have to learn to calm down because it is only the beginning of the season. :p

Laurel, Nice job on the workouts! I'm hoping that you have improvement as time goes on with getting to do all types of exercises. I totally agree with you on these LiTe weight workouts, they have become some of my favorites. They will be perfect for adding into the LGI8 rotation that is for sure. Cool that we are on the same page with the summer rotation. I have been taking my weekends off recently and it hasn't hurt me so I thought why not do that during the summer when we are always so busy. I know that I want to be in my gardens more this summer. LOL about the DH's and their understanding of our bodies. I think that my DH has a little more understanding now that he has lost the weight and he feels better. He rocked his health asessment this year, and was very happy about that.

Tami, Great job on the workouts, and of course doing such an awesome Kelly one. Sorry to hear that Katy is still suffering from her hamstring injury. Those really do plague you for a long time. Bye the way Congrats to the ZAGS for making it to the Elite 8! Enjoy watching them tomorrow, and I hope that they progress to the Final 4. KB's are so great to incorporate too. There are just so many different types of exercises to pack into a week though. :D

Thelma, Those pics are so pretty! I'm glad that you are safe and sound. Take care of yourself for a little while, and just relax that body. Sounds like you need to do that.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I realized late yesterday afternoon that I had wished you all a good weekend.....and it was only Thursday! Guess I was wishing the week away. :) But at least I finally figured out what day it was. :p Anyhow, another good workout today. I did LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body followed by LITE Cardio Party Doubled. The first time through, I did it without weighted gloves to remind myself of the choreography.....and then put the gloves on for the second half and more cardio challenge.

Tami, yay for Gonzaga!! This is when I finally start paying attention to College Basketball. So hope they make it to at least the Final Four! Would love to see them take the title. I suppose I am getting closer to my normal workout routine.....but it doesn’t really feel like. I am still fighting a certain frustration right now....and a little concern that I may never feel normal again. So far I am keeping most of those thoughts at arm’s length and trying to appreciate what I can do. But I have my moments. :#

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. Hope you have a great time at the game tonight! I love baseball live. We are about 3 hours away from the Braves stadium and are already planning a trip there to see a game. Since DH is joining me on the Road Trip (not for the workouts though!), we are planning on getting together with a friend of DHs that he met 30+ years ago when DH was living in England the first time. He lives about 30 minutes away from Lake Geneva, down in Illinois. Neither DH nor I have ever been to Chicago.....and really have not much interest in going there. But the Cubs are playing on that Sunday night so we are toying with going to see them after meeting our friend. Wrigley Field is just one of those iconic places in the US I would like to see.

So, about that summer rotation, I jotted down some notes last night. Like I said before, I am thinking of doing this for 16 weeks, from mid-May to mid-September. I used the original four week ‘themes’ from LGI8 and then added four for an 8 week rotation that we would repeat once. I really focused on the workouts Cathe released from RWH to LITE, with a few exceptions. I haven’t worked out a daily plan yet.....just themes and some workout ideas. I also didn’t fill in any cardio ideas....just resistance workouts. But this is what I have come up with so far:

Week 1 Total Body — S&S Giant Sets; Fit Tower Total Body; PHA and/or PHA 2
    Week 2 Circuit — ICE MTB; LITE Circuit Blast; RWH Upper and/or Lower Circuits (or ICE Lower Body Blast)
    Week 3 Heavy — RWH LIHI workouts
    Week 4 High Reps — S&S RUUB, CTX Upper Body, Lean Legs and Abs and Great Glutes
    Week 5 Bootcamp — S&S, ICE and Fit Tower BC workouts
    Week 6 Supersets — Fit Split Push and Pull and Legs and Glutes
    Week 7 Upper/Lower Alternating — LITE Pyramid Pump and Stacked Sets Upper and Lower workout
    Week 8 Recovery/Light workouts — sample workouts would be ICE To The Mat; ICE Upper Body Circuit; Fit Tower Legs,
    Glutes and Core; Fit Split Low Impact and Metabolic Circuit; LITE Body Weight and Band

Let me know what you think. I am still playing with the order of the weeks, so any and all thoughts welcome. But at least it is a starting off point.

Off to get my hair fixed. Enjoy the weekend.....and today I mean it! :D

Laurel

Sent from my iPad
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, just a quick check-in. I'm alive and well. DH went back today and I'm not doing very well but I've tried to stay busy in order to not think too much. I have serious catching up to do and need to read your posts. You're all doing great with your workouts!
    Laurel, thanks so much for the rotation ideas! Sounds really good!
    Tami, so glad your DH planned that trip to CA for your bday!!

Laurie, I hope you had fun at the Brewers game!

Today, I did a Jessica Smith fast walk workout. DH finished installing my workout floor and it looks and feels great. I need to unpack my DVDs and organize them.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really productive weekend, and the only thing I did exercise wise was yoga. I did Magical Hips from Eoin's PY4H. Sunday was busy working on banners. Had a fun time at the Brewer game, but they did lose. Oh well they took the Cardinals 3 out of 4 games, so they did really well.

Laurel, LOL about the mix up on the day of the week. My gf that just retired has that problem. Love the Stacked Set Upper workout! Hope that you get to a Braves game at some point, that would be fun. My Mom is a Braves fan, since they where the Milwaukee Braves before they moved to Atlanta. Nice that you will be able to meet up with a friend at the Road Trip. We went down to Chicago on Saturday with some friends of ours. They wanted to go to see a friend that has a bar down by Wrigley. The bar is call Yak-Zies, and is probably about 2 blocks from the entrance of the stadium. The stadium is under construction right now, but they are suppose to be finished before their opening day. I love the look of the LGI8 options that you have listed. I think it is going to work really well.

Thelma, Nice job with the Jessica workout. I love that you have your floor installed, I'm sure that it will be awesome to workout on. I hope that you get more acclimated with your new home, and I'm sure that the time will fly by and your DH will be there with you. The game was a long one, but it was fun. Both teams where hitting home runs.

Tami, Sorry to hear about Ganzaga, they really did a great job.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend. I think (hope) the last cold air of the season is here right now. So many people we talked to this weekend were saying after this we will be good to go into warmer air. I haven’t been this excited for summer to get here since I was in school! :) Anyhow, the workouts this weekend were really good. On Saturday I did another fantastic Jessica fusion workout, this one called Cardio Fusion Mat 2, which was a very nice way to wake up the entire body. I followed it with one of her 30 minute flexibility stretch routines. Yesterday was Cathe Live Oh My Glutes, which I think is my favorite Live lower body routine, followed by LIS Cardio Supersets plus Step bonus. Today was STS Meso 3/Disk 25, Chest and Back followed by X10 Low Impact into XTrain AOLI HiiT and Core 1. This last workout really pushed the limits on my calf, but I did the step work on 6” (as opposed to 4” on Sunday’s workout) and managed to finish it all. But it felt pretty good throughout which makes me happy.

Thelma, I am sure it is going to be a difficult transition to being away from your DH. But hopefully your new home will have you busy with different projects and, as Laurie said, the time will fly between his visits. Good job doing a Jessica workout! Glad the new floor feels good on what must be a very tired body.

Laurie, sounds like a good weekend. Glad you enjoyed the game despite the loss. Yay for doing Eoin’s wonderful hip routine again. I really need to do that one soon. My hips have been aching as I am working through this increased activity, that’s for certain. So since you were in Chicago this weekend, maybe you can answer this for my DH and I. How difficult is it to get in and out of the city on the weekend? Should we opt for public transportation? Any and all recommendations welcome. Glad you like the look of the new rotation. I still need to work on fine tuning it a bit.

Tami, I was stunned when I saw the Zags had gotten beaten. I was really pulling for them. Now I have to pull for Auburn! People around here are pretty surprised at them having gotten past both NC and Kentucky. So.....we’ll see.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies today I did Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit Intervals and Fusion Stretch, Walking around neighborhood. I loved the Fusion stretch workout! I walked the 1/2 ml each way to/from the mailbox. OMG, on the way back the hills left me winded. I knew the hills were there but they don't seem to bad in the car! LOL.
    My foot is still bothering me. Once I got back from the mailbox walk I was limping. I'll have to be careful.
    I had a better mental day today thankfully. DH says the house isn't a house without us there. :(. He is super motivated as a result,
    to finish getting the house ready and is hoping to list it next week.

Laurie, nice job with the yoga workout. Glad you had fun at the game! I hope the time will fly by between DH visits too.
    The workout floor is working out very nicely and I have such a nice view from that room too.

Laurel, glad you had a nice weekend! I hope you have seen the last of the cold weather there. I just read today that here in the mountains you can get frost well into May! Terrific workouts!

Hi Tami!
    Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I forgot to mention my workout from yesterday. :D I did Jillian's Killer Body Upper & Kelly's Body Design Upper. This morning was Jillian's Kickbox FastFix Workout 2 & 10 Min. Solutions Hot Body Bootcamp Hot Body Cardio. I don't know if I will be getting a hot body by doing this workout. This is the first time that I did this 10 Min. Solutions workout, and the instructor is Amy Bento. I don't click with her to much, and there is some cuing issues for me in this one also. It was a good workout, but the flow was a bit off. If I try it again, I'm sure it will be better.

Laurel, Now I'm very envious of the fact that you will be in the spring planting mode. ;) Great job on all of your workouts! I'm impressed that you did an X10 workout, and yes I know it was the low impact one, but those are tough workouts. I love that yoga workout of Eoin's, he just stays in the pose long enough. Oh boy on the Wrigley filed, they do have parking around the field, but it is street parking or people let you park in their driveways. They said that the average rate for that is around $40. The train isn't near the stadium, and I think the only other option is to get a taxi. Those are the options that the owner of the bar suggested when my gf asked that question. She and her son want to go to a Cubs game. Hope that helps some. The weekends in the city are not to bad, but if there is a game, then it will be very congested by the field.

Thelma, Nice job on the Jessica workout and stretch. I'm sorry to hear that your foot is bothering you. That has to be some hill to walk up. That is quite a walk to and from your mailbox. Glad to hear that you are more comfortable in the house. I'm sure your DH will be in super selling mode.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 37/Squat Rack Legs, and it felt good to go pretty heavy with the legs. I haven’t done any heavy lower body work since Sagi in January. I tried to convince myself not to do the Squat Rack workout this morning because they are so long and boring, but I did it and am glad I did. I think getting some strength back into my legs will make me feel stronger all around. For cardio, I did spin with Cathe Live Climb and Sprint. And I sure was feeling those legs on the climbs!! :o

Thelma, great workouts! I am finding that any workout of Jessica’s that has the word ‘fusion’ in it instantly becomes a favorite of mine. So good! Sounds like a good walk to the mailbox. What a great incentive to get out of the house. I hope your feet improve. I am sure your DH is very motivated to move down there with you. I so hope you sell your house quickly. Here they say the last frost is usually mid-April, but looking at the forecast, tonight probably will be our last night in the 30s. The trees down off the hill are really filling in now....but up here, even though we are only at about 1500 feet, they are just beginning to bud. But they are budding, which makes me so very happy!

Laurie, great workouts yesterday and today. I remember trying one Amy Bento workout years ago that I got from Netflix, and even though it was kickboxing, I just didn’t click with her or the workout at all. I remember taking it out of the player after about 20 minutes and doing Kick Max instead. And I have never tried her again. I guess it is just that way with some instructors. I was very happy to get through that X10 workout yesterday, that’s for certain. I am really trying to ramp things up because I want a good, solid read on what I can and cannot do going into the Road Trip. Obviously not knowing the workouts until they happen makes me want to be able to do what moves I can do in place of some higher impact ones without standing around thinking about it for five minutes! :D I have just four weeks to figure it out!! Thank you SO much for the information on the Cubs game. Now you have me thinking if we want to see Chicago to just drive down there (away from the stadium), have a meal and leave! I will talk it over with DH, but that information is hugely helpful.

Tami, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all yesterday. I had a great day at work doing my “old” job full time because my partner here back in the corner of the title dept. was sick. So I was very busy and loved it. Training has definitely slowed down again which I had a feeling would be short lived. Our manager was gone on vacation ….. so we will see if it resumes now that he is back.

Workouts: Friday evening I did Spinning, Saturday was KCM Plateau Buster, Sunday was Meso #3 with Chest/Back followed by Cardio Slam (Floor section). Yesterday was BootCamp and this a.m. was Plyo Legs. No workout tonight, going out to dinner with a business associate of DH’s and his wife.

Laurie: Your weekend sounds very nice and relaxing! Including the Eoin’s PY4H. Very fun you went to the Brewer game and sorry to hear they lost however …. Sounds like it was a lot of fun though. Thank you for the condolences for Gonzaga. Very sad, but they had a wonderful season and a really great team. Fun to watch! I still have Virginia winning in my 2nd bracket I picked so I will continue watching the tourney! DH is glad about that. Sounds like a couple really nice workouts yesterday and today as well, nicely done!!! I have a few Amy Bento workouts but haven’t done one in quite a while. I remember the Kickboxing one I have I was always a move behind or trying to pick up where she left off. Her lifting one is good though – push/pull method. Just a long workout so I rarely pull it out.

Talking about baseball, I think I mentioned during my Birthday trip we are staying 2 nights in Anaheim and we are going to watch the Yankees (DH’s favorite of all time of course) so that will be a lot of fun. He got us really good tickets. B)

Laurel: Fabulous job on your workouts! Including X10. Funny, because I had that out and then ended up doing the Cardio Slam pre-mix instead. Sounds like your calf is cooperating nicely, which is so good. Right back to normal with all your combos it seems?!?!?! Your weather sounds so nice. We have had some really nice days but now headed into several days of rain. Darn it. It is that season however. Thank you as well on your rooting for the ZAGS. It was such a bummer to see that happen after the season they have had. But as everyone knows, it is truly how “March Madness” goes. As I mentioned to Laurie, I am rooting for Virginia now only because I picked them in my Bracket #2 to win it all. IF they do the best I can do is 3rd but I would win a little $$ so that would be fun. Good job battling through the looooooooooooong squat rack legs workout. Glad it felt good. I was surprised with the Plyo how tiring those can be. WHOA. It has been a long time since I did one and my cardio is not quite up to par right now. Trying to really improve on that though. I also found a friend at the gym who moved out close to where I live, well she needs a cycling buddy so YAY I am it! So my bike is all tuned up and ready to go. I think that will be a lot of fun for the summer again. I missed it so much last summer but just didn’t have it in me. AND I hate riding alone. So do tell …. What are your favorite workouts of Jessica’s? I still eyeball the Walk Strong 3 workouts. Seems like a great one to have? :)

Thelma: Happy to hear from you and that you are settling into your new home. Looks like you are getting in some great JS workouts! Plus the walk on the hills. . . always different when you are in the car. I hope your feet continue to improve as well. Stay busy, your DH will be there soon with you.

Have a great day/evening ~ talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies today I did Jessica Smith Belly, Buns and Thighs walk.
    I've been massaging my feet and stretching my calves a lot to help my feet get better.

Today wasn't a good mental day but the day is finally over. We have a metal roof and I've been told those roofs make noise when the metal moves. The house was noisy today and it sounded like someone was banging on the metal. So it was a little freaky.
    DH told his boss he'll be leaving the job at the end of June, and offered to keep working for the university until they find a replacement. The condition is to allow him to work remotely and his boss agreed. We hope to have the house listed by the end of next week. I hope the house sells quickly!
    I unpacked most of my workout DVD's today and they fit in one of the custom made dressers the builder had made for this house. I'm able to fit 25 DVD's per drawer. This will allow me to get rid of 2 DVD cases.

Laurie, great workouts! Sorry you didn't enjoy that Amy Benton workout!
    We are definitely located on a hill because of the view we have. The first two houses on this road are on pretty flat terrain and 1/2 mile up the road we can see mountains from 3 states. The road is a little steep.

Laurel, awesome workouts today. So glad you're doing so much better! I also love those fusion workouts. I may buy one of her fusion DVD's.
    There are a few trees around here that are starting to bud but most trees look pretty naked.

Tami, glad you had a good day at work on Monday. I really hope your training resumes soon.
    Great workouts! How exciting that you're going to a baseball game when in CA!
    I am trying to stay busy. I just can't wait to have DH be here again. If I didn't have the cats I would've been on the first flight to Boston yesterday!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Meso 3 Disc 37/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. For cardio, I smashed together the two cardio sections from Cathe Live LI HiiT Cardio and another LI HiiT workout. Felt pretty good today, but my calf is feeling a bit tired. Actually.....both of them are. :)

Tami, glad you had a busy day at work. It is too bad it was because your co-worker was sick.....but still, it must have felt wonderful not to be watching the clock all day. Hope your training starts up again, though. Honestly I am not going to mind at all if Virginia beats Auburn. One thing I have learned since being in Alabama is you pick your team (Auburn or Alabama)....,and you don’t ever pull for the other team in anything. And I have been an Alabama fan since we lived in Virginia and watched a lot of SEC football. So it feels weird to want Auburn to win....so you have given me a good reason to cheer Virginia on. I think it is great that you are going to be able to see the Yankees in CA. We went to both a Padres game and a Dodgers game while we lived there and CA fans are pretty casual, not intense, fans from our experience. So don’t worry about supporting the other team! Great workouts, as always. I remember the last time I did those Plyo Leg workouts wondering if they had always been that hard! Yay for a bike partner! That will be wonderful this summer. I am getting together with a neighbor in a few minutes to go for a walk. I hope we can make this a routine thing. She is my age and suffering pretty badly through menopause, and I hope a little sunshine and fresh air will help her a bit. I know it does me! As far as Jessica workouts, I do like the Walk Strong 3 series, but my favorite workouts from Jessica are from her YouTube channel. But I did just buy two of her ‘fusion’ workouts which I hope to do soon and will let you know about those. Like I said to Thelma yesterday, it seems if the title has ‘fusion’ in it, I love it. <3

Thelma, great workout. Sorry to hear your day wasn’t good. Getting used to a new home and place is always tough....most especially when you are alone. But it sounds like you have a target date of June, which is wonderful!! And I know I said this before, but if you need company for a day....I am just a few hours away. :)

Off to walk the neighborhood! This will be my first try at hills with my calf. But they are pretty sedate hills so I am not worried. See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout this a.m. as I figured because we didn’t get home from our out to dinner night until nearly 10 PM!!!! WHAT?!? Doesn’t seem that late maybe but by the time I washed my face, brushed my teeth and wound down it was nearly 11. DH and the other gentleman started talking and didn’t stop, :# which is great but it made for a long night and no early get up for me. Great people, I think we will do something with them again as friends and hopefully his company will also start doing business with ours. DH definitely has a new friend in him, they are like long lost buddies and amazingly know alot of the same people. So I will head to Spinning tonight after work.

Thelma: Excellent job getting in your JS workout again! Sounds like a good one. I hope your feet start feeling better very soon. OUCH. Great news about your DH’s boss allowing him to work remotely. That is awesome. Super fun that you have a custom made dresser just for your DVD’s. YAY. I need to go through mine I think one of these days. So many and so many tucked here and there that I probably won’t re-visit but haven’t gone through them to decide. LOL I bet it is very nice having the cats there forsure ….. are they adapting well to their new home/environment?

Laurel: Way to go on the workouts! Sounds like you pushed it a little bit and naturally your calf was tired but good it didn’t feel that “injured” tired feeling. YAY. Thanks for the well wishes on my work …. It is sad that I had a nice busy/productive day just because she was out sick. Fingers crossed things will improve. I’m glad you will be cheering Virginia on as well. LOL I wondered about that when we go to the baseball game if people will give us the stink eye rooting for the Yankees. I hope your walk with the neighbor was a good one. No doubt you can be a huge help and inspiration to her to get out and keep moving, plus a walking buddy. Really nice. Yes, keep me posted on the JS Fusion workouts. I have looked at both of those but haven’t pulled the trigger (yet).

Hi Laurie :)

Have a great evening ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me today. I had a security camera installer here today who was to arrive between 8 and 11 am. He showed up at 10:45 and left at 6pm! I had to be available to him every time he needed something. Not sure why he took so long it's not like he was installing lots of cameras.

Great news about the house. I found a local realtor on Facebook with great credentials. DH called her today and she was at the house at the end of the day.

This is her schedule for the house
    PRELIMINARY DATES
    • April 5th -FLOOR PLAN
    • APRIL 7th- OUTDOOR PHOTOS TAKEN
    • April 9th- MORNING ( STAGER AND I WILL WORK TOGETHER TO GET THE INSIDE READY FOR PHOTOS)
    • April 9th- Indoor Photos
    • April 10th- Launch on MLS
    • April 11th- BROKER OPEN HOUSE (food will be provided)
    • April 13th/14th- Public OPEN HOUSE
    All my hard work cleaning up the house paid off. The lady couldn’t believe how clean the house was. The only thing DH needs to do now is finish painting, get title 5 certificate and remove pictures from the walls. The lady said the house looks great and loved the lot. There aren't many houses available in our price range; which is the range buyers are looking for. We are feeling good about this broker.

Laurel, great workout! The cardio part sound like fun! Please be careful with your calves! When does the new rotation start?
    It really is hard getting used to a new house. Today I heard gun shots in the distance when I was outside with the security camera guy. we are praying for the house to sell quickly so DH can move here ASAP.
    Thanks so much for offering your company! I hope to get better with each passing day. I hope you had a good walk and that it didn't bother your calf.

Tami, sounds like you had a fun night out! My foot comes and goes. I have very flat feet and the arch part feels very tight inside and it hurts when I walk.
    We are so excited about DH's boss allowing him to work remotely!
    I was so happy to see that my DVD's fit in that dresser. I need to go through my DVD's again and probably donate some to the animal shelter thrift store in town.
    The cats keep me company for sure and they seem to have adjusted very quickly. One of them is a little jumpy over noises because one of the cats triggered the alarm two times while we were out. It wasn't his fault but we had placed a tall cat tree near a window sensor. My poor baby jumps now with every little sound she hears.

Hi Laurie!

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really tough night sleeping yesterday, and then got to work and it was super busy. Sorry that I didn't get on to talk. I didn't workout yesterday morning, I was so tired and had sinus pressure and headache. I will have to start taking allergy meds, since this has been going on all week. I thought at first I was getting a cold, but now I know it is allergies. Anyway this morning was much better, and I got in Jillian's Killer Body Core and the Hot Body BB Ab Assault.

Laurel, Awesome mix of workouts, and I'm glad to hear that you got in such a great leg workout. Hope that the walk was okay with your calf also, even with the sedate hills. ;) I think that the first time I tried Amy Bento's kickboxing workout, I put it in and stopped before the warm up was even over. I just had a super hard time following her. This ab workout wasn't so bad, because all the moves where slower. I'm going to try all the 10 min. workouts on this DVD, and then move onto another 10MS DVD. I think that I have one more of her DVD's in my bunch to try out. I'm glad I could help out with the information on Wrigley. It is amazing to me how there can be a ballpark right in the middle of buildings. We where right on top of it before I realized that it was the stadium. I love the neighborhood though with all the brownstone houses.

Tami, Got to love that KCM workout, it is one of my fav's. Great job on all the workouts. Glad to hear that your DH was able to talk so easily with this gentleman, but that is really late. I know that it takes me a while to wind down from that type of evening. That was how it was for me after getting home from Chicago, that was a really late night for me too. I don't think I was actually sleepy until midnight. :p I hope that your training does start up again, and glad that you are busy. It makes for a much better day for work. LOL about Amy Bento, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has that experience with her kickboxing. I guess that I'm used to Cathe and Kelly. Nice that you get to go see the Angels play Yankees, that should be a really good game.

Thelma, Great job on your workout. Love that you are able to get all those DVD's in one drawer, that has to be so nice to have them out of the way. Glad to hear that you found a realtor that is so motivated to get your house sold. Dang on the camera installer, that is a long wait and installation time. I hope that after a while you get used to all the bangs from the roof, the metal ones are different.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live Lower Body Barre and Weights. This was a sneaky tough workout that included a barre section (with a little cardio), a shorter section with 10# weights and then some floor work with the stability ball. For cardio, I did the Max Trainer for just under an hour. I handled the walk yesterday just fine but learned the uphill is so much better than downhill.....but I managed both (of course....or else I would not be home! :D ). It was a beautiful day and so nice to spend time outside getting to know my neighbor better.

Tami, that’s a late night for me too....and I don’t work! But I am glad you had a good time and found some new friends. DH can come home from nights like that and go right to sleep, but it always takes me at least an hour to turn my mind off. I will let you know about the JS Fusion workouts. I am hoping to do one on Saturday, time permitting.

Thelma, yikes that is a long time for a camera install! But I am glad you got it done. I am also glad you found a good realtor who appreciated your house! From the look of things, it really sounds like she is all in on trying to get it sold quickly. I love the proactive approach you outlined! We haven’t discussed a date for the new rotation yet, but I am going to suggest starting May 12 or May 19. I will be back from the Road Trip in the 8th, so the 12th is about the earliest I can start. All suggestions, ideas and preferences welcome!

Laurie, unfortunately you are not alone in the bad sleep, sinus pressure and sinus headache area right now. I finally had to take some medication day before yesterday but didn’t yesterday. I have been awake since shortly after 3am with a headache. How I talked myself into working out.....I don’t know. I would love to say I feel better for it, but I still feel like crawling back into bed. :o Oh well. We were warned about allergies here. I normally don’t have too many allergies, so this is a little unusual for me. Anyhow, great workout this morning! Glad you are feeling better.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was a great workout last night + it was our first night on the brand new Spin bikes! WooHoo. They have said for months we were getting new ones and last night was it. So it was a little bit of testing out the new settings, adjusting, riding, etc. But I still had a good calorie burn. This a.m. was STS Shoulders/Bi’s/Tri/s. Depending on the weather (supposed to rain again soon) but if not, a walk after work w/ Bernie.

Thelma: Congrats on finding a good Realtor for your house! Sounds very organized and if she was excited by your house already, the lot, etc. she may already have people in mind. I bet it sells very soon. You have had this pain before in your foot? Maybe just being up on them so much the last couple months has aggravated the PF?

Laurie: So sorry to hear about your tough night sleep and the allergies flaring up. My supervisor at work has them terrible but will not take ANYTHING for them. It is very odd to me, not being an allergy sufferer, but still why not try to take something. So she coughs and sniffs all day. Great job getting in your JM Killer Body core and the BB Ab Assault. Sounds like a fun combo.

Laurel: Your workout today sounds fantastic! What a great combo. I’m glad you did good on your walk despite the downhill action. I bet it was nice getting to know her. Sorry for you as well about the allergies there . . . dang it. Hopefully your medicine you took helps. Thank you in advance for keeping me posted on the JS Fusion workout(s).

Have a great afternoon ladies! Tami