Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was LiTe Rev'd Up Rumble, and I used my gloves. I love this workout soooooo much. :) I'm working a half day today, we are headed to WI Dells for a get together with our car club. Always a fun time. Should be getting some shopping in on Saturday also. ;)

Laurel, Love the workout combo! Glad to hear that you hill walk was good, and you calf muscles handled it okay. I'm also sorry to hear that you are suffering this allergy season. I forgot to get some meds yesterday when I stopped at the store. I will have to get some on my way home tonight. I don't want to go through the weekend with this problem. I'm for starting the new rotation on May 19th. That gives us enough time to figure out all the cardio options that we would like to incorporate.

Tami, Nice that you got to try out the new bikes, that must have been fun. Great job on the STS workout, and I hope the rain held off so that Bernie was able to get a short walk in. ;) I don't know how your boss is able to handle the pressure without some type of meds. I don't know why people have to be martyrs and make others suffer through their noise. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! No workout yet for me today, unfortunately. Had another bad night last night and it feels like I have a bowling ball in my nose. :o Not good. If I do anything today, it will probably be Jessica Smith, but right now I am happy to be doing nothing that causes me to move my head around a lot. That means reading.....and washing all the bedding, just for something ‘productive’. :D

Tami, yay for the new spin cycles! I would imagine it takes a little while to get used to the different resistance and such, but glad it was still a good workout. I think I would be mildly annoyed if my co-worker was coughing and sneezing all allergy season....and refusing to do anything about it. I suppose I would be sympathetic as well.....to a point. But I have to agree with what Laurie said as well. Thankfully my allergies only cause a pretty fierce headache and that ‘heavy’ feeling in my head. So I am the only one who suffers. B) Like I said, it is very rare for me. But if it means spring, I will live with it. We are supposed to be in the 80s this weekend! Cloudy and rainy.....but 80s!!

Laurie, great workout! That was the workout I thought about doing today as well. :/ Hopefully next week I can do that one. Enjoy the Dells! I still remember our drive through that region in our way to Alaska, and it is so peaceful and beautiful. I was thinking May 19 would be a better start day for me as well for the same reason. I wouldn’t mind a week of ‘whatever’ workouts before starting another long rotation....and this will give me a chance to focus on how I want those weeks to look for the summer time. So May 19 it is!

Thelma, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Well...helllooooo ladies! I have missed you all SO much! I've tried to get up to speed on all the happenings since last summer, sounds like a lot of changes I missed! I hope you all are doing well, and I look forward to catching up more and being on her regularly.

I've been adjusting to a high schooler with his permit and my youngest having his last year as a middle schooler. My boys both wrapped up hockey a few weeks ago and my oldest is now playing high school lacrosse. Talk about a time commitment...it's a whole new level that I'm not used to! 5:15 am tryouts followed by after school tryouts for three days, and now we go into every single day lacrosse until school is out. But, he loves it, so I just go along for the ride!

My youngest is done with lacrosse. He didn't feel like playing this year, so he's done with sports until hockey in teh fall. Come June, I will not have any sports to attend until October/November. This is a first for us, but I'm excited for some fun this summer with cabins and travel.

Speaking of travel, we just returned from spring break last weekend in Las Vegas with another hockey family. Great hotel (Tahiti Village) off the strip, no smoking, great facility and location. However, day 3 my youngest felt very ill and he ended up with influenza B. We ended up spending the rest of the vacation holed up in the hotel taking care of him (104.5 fever, aches,etc) and keeping him quarantined from everyone else. Arrived home last Sunday and 2 of the other family we were with ended up getting the flu too. As of today, we think he's FINALLY out of the woods after 10 days of fever, aches and sleeping 14-16 hrs per night. My hubby and I are still on Tamiflu as a preventive to be sure, and my oldest was sick prior to leaving and was on antibiotics, so we think he's hopefully clear too. Whew! Now, just to get one of our 2 pups feeling well again. The vet thinks he may have caught the flu from my youngest, so he hasn't been able to keep any food down, but I think we're turning the corner soon. My steam cleaner has gotten a lot of use on the carpet and rugs!

Since I last chatted with you all, I've completed a round of Liift 4 and am on to Chalean Extreme now. Tried Transform 20...not my jam. Liift 4 was fun and I've always loved Chalean Extreme.

Alright, enough for now. Time to get everyone ready for the week and enjoy a few more minutes of the warmer (60) weather before we return back to the 30's and 40's mid week to the end of the week. Have a great evening!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

So yesterday I was going downstairs and slipped on the steps. :# I decided to wait until today to try working out, because I hit my bumm pretty hard and didn't want to see if I really hurt myself bad. Took it easy the rest of the day. This morning I didn't feel anything to bad, so I did RAW Lower Body Pyramid, that one is really good. She did 5 different standing leg exercises for three rounds of pyramid up. I felt a little soreness in my lower back, but nothing to bad. I guess that it is good that I work out, because a 55 year old woman falling down the stairs can be dangerous. ;)

Laurel, I'm so sorry to hear that you nose is having such an issue, and I hope that it goes away quickly. We are just starting to bud around here, so I think it will be getting worse. I have been pretty good, but the meds are helping so much. I'm sneezing a lot though. We had a really nice weekend chatting with our friends, and I got to do a little shopping. DH is loving his weight loss, he purchased a new sport coat. :D Everyone was asking him how he did it, I'm very proud of him. I will mark my calendar for May 19th!

Erika, So glad to hear from you. I can't believe that the boys are growing. ;) Once your oldest is able to drive the whole carting them around changes a lot. I was so happy when the girls where able to drive themselves to and from school for sporting events. All we had to do was go to whatever field they where running at. Of course that meant that we had to have a car for them. We gave them DH's old car, and it was a good thing. We didn't mind that it got dented in the school parking lot. I have always wondered how the Liift 4 was, have heard many good things about it. Glad that you are enjoying that series.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had beautiful weather on Saturday so went to a spring festival about 50 miles away from here. It was a wonderful day just to wander about looking at products from local vendors. Yesterday we planted some of our garden....tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, etc. Fingers crossed for a productive season.

Thankfully some rain has moved into the area which has cleared the air of pollen today because I felt that headache all weekend. On Friday, I decided in the end to make it my recovery day and did Jessica’s Strength workout from her Feel Good Fusion DVD. This was a gentle workout using 3# weights. I would say it is perfect for when you have really bad DOMS or are recovering from illness or simply want a nice workout in a beautiful setting that warms the body up without over working it. It was perfect for me on Friday. Saturday I did a workout I planned on doing Friday which was Cathe Live PHA with Cardio. This was very different from her usual PHA workout. There were ten sections, each with one cardio blast, one lower body and one upper body strength moves. It felt much more like a Bootcamp workout than a PHA workout for me, but I still enjoyed it. It also marked my first attempt at any higher impact post-injury. :) I followed it with Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Conditioning Express. Yesterday was Cathe Live Fit Legs followed by Cathe’s live workout from last week which was a kickboxing workout called In The Rink. This was a pretty tame KB workout from Cathe which was exactly what I needed because it, again, allowed me to test out some higher impact moves. :) Today was STS Disc 28/Chest and Back. For cardio, I did Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio into Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Cardio HiiT. <3<3<3 This is the best non-equipment cardio workout I have had since early February. I am still very cautious on some moves (and unable to do others), but it felt so good to get my heart rate up while moving my body like that. Now I remember why I have a cardio addiction!!!!! My mood before my workout :s is not my mood after my workout :D . So good!

Erika, so great to see you!! I can’t believe your oldest son is in high school!! :o Time just flies by anymore. I am so sorry about your youngest son’s illness, though. That had to have been pretty scary away from home. Hopefully everybody heals up, nobody else gets sick, and you can move on into a calmer season ahead. So happy to have you back! Thanks for that feedback on Transform 20. I love Shaun T., but I think my days of working out with him are over. The years are catching up with me, for sure.

Laurie, yikes on the fall!! I am so glad to hear it doesn’t appear that you injured yourself seriously. I’m glad you took it easy, though. I’m also glad you enjoyed your weekend. So great about your DH’s weight loss. Mostly I love hearing that he feels better.

Tami and Thelma, hope you are both well.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you on Friday. Weekend was pretty good. Virgina won, so that was nice for my bracket! :) We also had dinner on Saturday night with some friends. Workouts: Friday was back to the new Spin bikes after work and it felt a little better, I think after this week it will be great. It is all computerized and so we will be training on an “RPM” scale vs. just resistance and guessing where we should be. So it is quite a bit tougher, which is great! More like an actual road bike. Anyway, that was Friday’s workout and then Saturday I did S&S PHA X-treme #1 and yesterday was STS #28 Chest/Back. Today’s workout will be BootCamp after work. Then home to watch Virginia!

Laurie: YIKES is right on the fall. YOUCH. I am glad you are ok and all is good; taking it easy was probably a good idea. Great job with Rev’d Up Rumble on Friday along with your RAW Lower Body Pyramid, sounds like a great one. I really like pyramid style training. Back to your comment about my boss not taking ANYTHING for her allergies. I have ZERO idea why or how she does it because she is miserable a lot and sniffing/coughing/sniffing/coughing all the time when the attacks come on. I would say I don’t care if I feel drugged, I want to not have this happening! LOL Huge congrats to your DH and his weight loss. That is my wish for my hubby is that he would just “feel better” no matter how he gets there. Do something to change how he feels now forsure. Still waiting.

Laurel: WOWSA on all your workout combos! Sounds like you are pretty much where you want to be now??!! So great. I love your comment about your cardio addiction ….. that’s funny. That is how I am about pretty much any workout and even sometimes when I feel like I have to push myself to do it, which is has been moreso this last 6 months than ever in my life, but when I push play and do it I feel like all is good again. Amazing for the mood. That is great to hear how much you loved the JS Walk Strong 3 Cardio HiiT. Must be really good! I’m with you on how can you stand it on my boss sniffing/coughing all day …. It does kind of drive me crazy. I feel for her but at the same time not taking anything seems BANANAS to me.

Erika: So nice to hear from you! WOW on your oldest in HS now. I am sorry as well to hear about your youngest’s illness. Hopefully everything improves soon and all will be good! Yay for Transform 20, I saw that one day when I was looking around at other workouts ….. looks like a really good one.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• fitzfour
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Today was ChaLean Extreme Burn 2. I always seem to come back to these, as they aren't the frantic pace that many of the Beachbody workouts are. Felt good to increase my weights a bit, and the added perk is that I'm down an unexpected 5 pounds!

Laurie--Ouch on the fall! I've done that several times, but didn't fare as well as you did. I'm glad you had just a little soreness. My falls (oddly enough while I was pregnant both times) resulted in several days of horrible pain, and it was right at the beginning of each pregnancy, so I had to be extra careful for a few days. I'm very much looking forward to the oldest getting his license. We have my husbands old SUV that he'll be driving himself and his brother around in!

Laurel--Sounds like a lovely weekend and the rain washing away the pollen is icing on the cake. I haven't gotten through all of the past messages to read about your injury, but I hope as you ease back into the higher impact workouts it continues to go well. I also love Shaun T, but his pace is so fast and I'm always nervous I'll injure myself. I'm known to be a klutz...especially with a step involved!

Tami--Those spin bikes sound like a lot of fun, especially a new challenge! Hearing you mention STS makes me miss that workout. I might need to incorporate another round when I'm done with CLX! Transform 20 made me think of you...it's like Insanity with a step...I think you'd love it! Again, if you ever want to use my login, let me know. I renewed it for another year. Have fun watching the game tonight. I may watch, if I don't fall asleep before then. The pup kept me up last night with his tummy issues, but a trip to the vet and some meds should cure that before long!

Hi Thelma!

Until tomorrow...have a nice evening!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. I actually had a very nice weekend. Our town had a Parade of Homes event during the weekend where sellers opened their "for sale" houses to the public. Our builder who is selling his home participated in this event and he asked me to help him host his home. We had close to 1000 people come to the house. I got to meet the builder's friends and I had a great time. We've even been invited to their weekly gathering at the local brewery on Fridays! What an honor! LOL
    Our road and side driveway will get paved this week if the weather cooperates.

I've been doing KCM for strength training and JS for cardio workouts. KCM Lean Body Circuits and Body Design.
    OMG ladies, we had a rainy day today. It downpoured on and off all day long, and it is continuing tonight. The rain was good because it washes all that pollen off. I've been dealing with a sinus headache and I think it's the pollen.

This is an exciting week for DH and I. Our house will get listed on Wed. On Saturday the realtor's 'coming soon' went up. Exterior pictures were taken on Sunday and the interior pictures will be taken tomorrow. On Thursday our agent will hold a brokers' open house and on Saturday and Sunday, she will hold open houses for the public. DH is going to see if the agent needs him in MA next week so he can come here! So exciting!
    DH showed me the house yesterday via video call and it looks great!

Laurie, I'm sorry you slipped on the stairs. So glad you're OK! Great workouts! I hope you had a great time with your car club friends and that you got some allergy meds.

Laurel, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend too! How exciting that you've started your vegetable garden. I have no idea if we can have a garden here because we do have deer. I saw 6 of them the other day in our backyard and now I'm worried about ticks.
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your sinuses. I take my allergy meds all year round. I know exactly what you mean about moving your head with those sinus headaches. It's like you have a brick inside your head.

Great workouts as always. So glad you were able to handle the walk! I think you're back to normal after your injury.

I'm so upset with that alarm guy. He simply took forever because he was getting paid by the hour. All cameras have been installed though.
    Starting the summer rotation May 12 or 19 sounds good to me! I can't believe you and Laurie will be going on that road trip with Cathe next month! You two must be really excited about it.

Tami, how exciting about the new spinning bikes at the gym! Great workouts as usual!!

Our realtor is really organized and sounds really good. We are hoping the house will sell soon.
    My foot is feeling slightly better this week but it's not back to normal. I've had this before but usually, I stretch and massage and I'm good. This time it's not working. I think all that time on my feet wearing flip flops did me in.

Hi Erika! So good to hear back from you!
    I can't believe you have a high schooler now! Lacrosse every day! WOW! You're such a good mom! At least your youngest is giving you a break from games.
    Sorry, your youngest got so sick during vacation! Poor puppies too!
    Great job with those workout programs!!
    We are glad to have you back!

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Talk about sore on the lower half of the body. Now I'm wondering if it is falling or the workout. :D I'm going with the workout. ;) This morning I tried out a GHUTV workout called Kicboxing HiiT. It was a good workout, and I enjoyed the HiiT aspect of the workout. She did three HiiT rounds, and then two Tabata.

DH is eligible for a retirement package, so we will be looking into that. Right now it looks very promising. ;)

Laurel, Glad to hear that the pollen count has gone down with the rain. I'm sure it is a relief. Great job on all your workouts, really do like the sound of that live PHA workout. LOL on the cardio addiction, it really does make the mood a lot better. DH is in Vegas this week, so we will see how well he did. He will probably come back and have lost weight, that is how guys are. :D I will have to do some workout gear shopping in the next few weeks. My wardrobe is fine for down in my basement, but being in front of Cathe is a different story. I will need some new sports bras for sure, mine are needing to be replaced. Are you getting anything new?

Tami, Congrats on the VA win! Tony Bennett went to HS in WI. I actually went to a basketball camp that his father created. My sister and I went and I actually played against his sister during the camp. I think Tony Jr. was there, but I don't remember for sure. The pyramid raw workout was a really good one, and I hope that she does a DVD like it. I can for sure do that one again with a weighted vest on. The allergy meds that they have now are non drowsy, and they work for 24 hours. So I never feel like a zombie, and they help so much. I don't enjoy the sniffing all the time, and I can't imagine that everyone wants to listen to me either. If I can unearth a pic of DH before, and take an after maybe he can inspire some of the guys. The best part about his weight loss is the snoring, it has decreased soooo much.

Erika, Great job on the workout! I've heard so many positive and negative on CLX. I like her as an instructor, and have been tempted to try those workouts. Congrats on the 5lbs down! I had been on a plateau for a really long time, and just recently started to drop some weight. I think it is probably because DH and I are doing this together, but he is shedding the weight a lot faster. He was way heavier than myself, so that makes sense. Your falls are way worse than mine for sure. :o Nice that you have a vehicle for your son when he is ready, and that it is a used vehicle. Our girls always complained that their car was not as nice as all the other kids, and we just said it runs so good enough. That car lasted until our youngest was going to technical school. Then the frame broke when she went over some really bad railroad tracks, but we got over 8 years out of it. ;)

Thelma, Love all the workouts! I love that you where able to be hostess for the parade of homes. I bet that was a lot of fun, and you are getting to meet some new people. I will be sending you selling vibes for you house, I'm sure it will sell right away with all the work you did cleaning the place. ;) How much longer before your DH is permanently in GA?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with STS Disk 38/Squat Rack Legs. I went up 10# over last week in each exercise, and it felt good. Happy to be lifting heavier again it’s my legs, that’s for sure. I added on STS No Equipment Abs and, for cardio, Cathe’s Pedal Power spin DVD. I certainly felt my legs on that today. :o

Tami, congratulations on Virginia’s win last night! Sounds like it was a nail biter, that’s for sure. That is a very interesting change on your spin bikes. I think it would take me some getting used to. Is there any compensation/adjustment for those who maybe can’t go as fast? Just curious. I know I have absolutely no speed whatsoever in my legs, so I would be curious how that works. I agree that every workout is good for my mood. :) But, no question, the best mood enhancer for me is a high intensity workout that uses the whole body.....and involves at least a few kicks and punches. :) Oh how I have missed my kickboxing. Great workouts!

Erika, I have never done Chalene Extreme, but I think it is a program I would probably enjoy. I like Chalene and her energy. I am with you anymore on not wanting anything with too frantic a pace. I tore my calf muscle in February and, recently, in easing my way back into Cathe’s workouts, I was reminded how quickly she moves in her programs. And she is somewhat tame compared to Shaun T.! When I saw Transform 20 used a step and already knowing Shaun T.’s pace....I knew it wasn’t for me for the same reason you gave....fear of injury.

Thelma, sounds like a fantastic weekend! What a great way of getting to know people and helping you understand the community and feel a part of it. I am so happy that you were asked and able to do that. Sounds like I am not alone with my pollen headache. Like you, we had rain all day yesterday, so it is much better at the moment. But this weekend was tough! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that your home sells quickly. We have deer too, though I have never seen any in our backyard. So we will see how the vegetable growing goes. :o I got to thinking about ticks this weekend and haven’t read up yet on how bad they are here. But I would think they are probably pretty bad. Not my favorite thing, for certain. Great workouts!! I think we are set with the new rotation on May 19!!!

Laurie, hope the soreness got better with the kickboxing workout. Sounds like a good one. I was thinking yesterday during my kickboxing workout that I might just do kickboxing every day until the new rotations starts to make up for nine lost weeks of kickboxing! :D Obviously I didn’t do that today, but I am not making promises for the rest of the week. :p I already have another Jessica KB workout on my radar as well as Rev’d Up Rumble, so......could be a good week. :) I am so with you on staring at my workout clothes and thinking these are great for home but...... :o . I am good with leggings, but after that it kind of falls apart. I think my biggest question is whether to wear tank tops (which is my norm) or short sleeves. I am leaning towards the former (because then I may not need to buy much) and bringing a jacket in case the room we are working out in is cold and I want something else on for warming up/cooling down. Any thoughts? I did recently buy a couple new bras for the Road Trip, so I think I am good there. But I haven’t really gone through and made sure I have six complete outfits which I think I will be comfortable wearing in public, and I should probably do that soon!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I ended up not going to BootCamp last night, headed home to watch the game instead. I didn’t want to be rushing and miss half of it, etc. :) DH was shocked I didn't go but he knew I was excited to watch it. I was pretty excited to win 3rd Place out of 60 people. YAHOO! Including DH and his dad who both had 2 brackets in as well. :D Today’s workout – STS Plyo Legs.

Thelma: What a fun weekend and how great he asked you to help him out! Great job with your KCM workouts! Always good ones in my book. We have been having rain, rain and more rain as well but probably nothing like what you have experienced. We have 2 days out of the next 10 that won’t be raining. YUCK. I hope your headaches from the pollen subside soon. Is your foot doing better?

Laurie: Great job this a.m.! That sounds like a lot of fun actually. Congrats on your DH’s upcoming retirement package, how great. Thank you for the congrats! I was pretty excited. That is so cool you went to a basketball camp his dad had. I remember when he was coaching WSU in our area (Tony that is) and I always thought he was such a class act. Very happy for him and his cute dad when they showed him afterwards was so proud/happy it looked like.

Laurel: Way to go with SR Legs and going up in weights already! PLUS your abwork and Pedal Power Spin. Nicely done. Thank you as well for the congrats! Feels good to pay my debt and make some $$. LOL Maybe new DVD, new workout shoes, something I don’t need but fun to spend $$ on. OR something during my Birthday trip. We will see. Definitely on the RPM’s for not wanting to go as fast. You still have the ability to adjust the nob to easier (faster spin of the wheel) or harder (hills/harder to pedal) so it’s adjusted like before. But if you want to do what the instructor calls out it makes you realize how much harder you need to push yourself to get to those RPM’s is what I have found.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow . . . Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I will have to do that RAW LB workout again, because I'm still sore from that one. ;) This morning was LiTe Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper Body Scrambled #2. I liked this one, and it was a great way to get ab work in.

Laurel, Great combo of workouts! I hope that you get your kickboxing fix satisfied this week. I know that I could do it every day. You have my fav with RUR on your schedule. I thought that the kickboxing would help the legs, but this morning was a little bit of surprise for me when getting out of bed. :D I was super happy that it was an upper body day. I'm probably going to have a mix of tank and t's, my problem is bottoms. Mine are so worn out, but I just love them so much. I will be bringing my jackets also, they are nice to slip into if it gets cold. The one thing on the list that I don't have is zip off pants, so I may have to go get some of those. My dd will probably laugh at me for having some. ;) I found a Nike top at Kohl's on the clearance rack. I usually don't find my size on those racks, or the workout gear isn't something that I would wear.

Tami, I don't blame you for heading home to watch the game. Doing those brackets makes watching the games a lot more fun. Nice job on the leg workout! Such a small world we live in when you think about it. Everyone in Wisconsin was pretty happy with his win. His dad is a very nice guy. I think that his dad went to the tournament with UW Green Bay, but of course didn't win.

Erika, Are you in the blizzard area today? We have had a few flakes, but nothing that is sticking.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Late check in today as we had no internet most of the day. Thankfully I was on the last move of my YouTube workout when it died. But I had some great workouts today. I started with STS Disc 30/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Then, for cardio, I did Cathe Live Hearts on Fire which was a workout from February that was a combo of kickboxing, HiiT and old-fashioned hi-lo, and it felt pretty good. Despite how it sounds, it was actually a pretty mild Cathe workout so I could handle the speed and impact okay. I added on Jessica Smith’s YouTube workout of kickboxing abs, which was fantastic!

Tami, I am glad you got a chance to watch the game. I hope you take those winnings and spoil yourself silly! Just something for you and something fun. :) Thank you for the explanation in the bikes. That makes more sense. Sounds like a challenge, for sure.

Laurie, great workout! Bet it felt good to rest those legs. Hope the DOMS ease up soon. I am lucky in the legging issue for the Road Trip because when we moved from Florida—where I only wore shorts—to Alaska, I bought a lot of new leggings on a fun shopping trip with my sisters when I was back in Denver. So those are good. Still trying to figure out shirts, though. I totally skipped the zip-off pants recommendation on the list. :o I don’t have those....and probably won’t have any, to be honest. B) If we knew what they were needed for, I would get some. But they aren’t something I will wear otherwise most likely, so I am not sure I will invest without knowing. But, who knows, if I just happen to find some...... :) . I forgot to mention yesterday about your DH being eligible for a retirement package! Yay!! How exciting!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

No workout for me yesterday, I opted for dinner out with a friend instead. Tonight was CLX Fat Burn Challenge. I made it about 2/3 of the way and just flat out lost motivation, so I stopped. 20 minutes isn't bad though.

Laurie, sounds like some good workouts you've been doing that are using new muscles and giving you the DOMs! We are east of the blizzard area, but ended up with about 3" of heavy, slushy snow. Overnight we are supposed to get freezing rain/sleet and all throughout the day tomorrow. I think it will stay warm enough that it shouldn't be too bad. I really think the CLX workouts are great. My only challenge with them is Chalean, as she is a little over the top. Dressed up in bedazzled items, lots of makeup and her hair all done up. But, other than that, she's good. Very good pace, not anything crazy move wise, and I always get good results.

Tami, good job on the bracket! I watched a little of the game, looks like it was a good one! Plyo Legs...love that workout!!

Laurel, ahhh a calf injury sounds painful! I actually feel like Cathe doesn't move too fast...until I come across the live workouts. Those definitely move quickly. CLX is much slower...sometimes reminds me of Slow and Heavy of Cathe's. As I mentioned to Laurie, she is a bit over the top with her outfit/appearance for a tough workout, and walks around "coaching" a lot, but I've gotten over that over the years as I get great results with her. Very easy to follow, and really works well.

Thelma, how exciting with all of the home preparations and upcoming open houses. Sending good vibes for a great offer and soon!

Off to relax for a bit before a late (9:30pm ) pick up from lacrosse practice tonight.

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, sorry I missed you last night! Yesterday was KCM Body Design and today I did a Body Project low impact cardio routine.

Our house is listed! It's getting a lot of views and it's trending as #1 on zillow for similar homes for sale in the area. We've gotten one request for a private showing on Friday morning too which is great. This potential buyer is really excited to see our house because apparently she just lost out on a house down the road recently.
    Thanks ladies for sending those good vibes so we can sell our house soon. Keep them coming please!

Our temps were in the high 70's today and tomorrow more of the same. Rain on Friday. Remember we worked out a deal with the builder about paving our road and driveway? It looks like it's finally happening! Yesterday the workers worked on leveling the road and today they started paving the road parallel to our house. I was told our road would be paved tomorrow but I have serious doubts as they are still working on the other road.

Laurie, fabulous workouts!! That RAW LB workout sounds like a winner!
    How exciting about your DH being eligible for a retirement package!!
    Are you in the blizzard area? I hope not!
    It really was fun hosting the builder's house for the Parade of Homes event. I loved meeting all those people too and can't wait to get together with them.
    DH won't move to GA permanently until we sell the house in MA. He may fly down on Sunday though and will stay here all week. Fingers crossed!

Laurel, I'm so happy you're lifting heavy again!! Great workouts!
    That Jessica Smith kickboxing abs sounds fantastic. I assume is one of her standing workouts where she hits abs really well. I love those! Glad your internet service was restored!
    I was glad our builder asked me to help him host his house for the event. It really was great feeling part of the community and everyone was so welcoming!
    People here in GA call this time of the year the pollen season. Not Spring but pollen season. There is a lot of pollen already as the trees are starting to pop. I can't imagine how bad it will get as we progress through the spring and summer!
    I've never seen a tick myself but I've heard that they like tall grass. I would think that ticks will be bad in these hot places.

Tami, congrats on the 3rd place win! Wow! Awesome job with the Plyo Legs workout!
    I'm rethinking keeping my workouts in the dresser because of that out of sight, out of mind thing.
    It really was a fun weekend. I even drank about 4 oz of wine! LOL. We sometimes buy bottles of wine and never drink them! We need to have someone serve it to us! LOL
    No umbrella in the world can possible help you with the rain we get here. it's incredible! At least it was one day though. I hope it stops raining for you! The headaches are better and I think it's because I've not been out today. My foot seems to finally be doing better! Thanks for asking!

Erika, 2/3 of a workout is pretty good so don't be hard on yourself for losing motivation.
    Stay safe in that freezing rain and sleet mess!
    thanks so much for sending those good vibes for the sale of our house. The sooner it sells, the sooner I can have my DH back!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kelly's Cardio Pump Workout 1, and I used my boxing gloves. <3 DH comes home today from Vegas, and on Friday we get to take care of the kids dog Zoe. They are going on a vacation.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and getting it done before the power went out. I'm going to check out the Jessica workout, got to love a kickboxing & ab workout. My ipad died on me for the Kickboxing HiiT workout, and I had to get it going again to finish. I have to make sure that I have enough battery life on that thing before I decide to do an online workout. I was looking through the list of things that they recommend for the Road Trip, and I saw that one on there. I know that I don't have a pair, and probably would never wear them. I don't like that style of pants. I have no idea why we would need them either. We will see how the package is for DH, he is not to sure now. He has to run the numbers and talk to someone, he has time to decide.

Erika, Glad you where able to get 20 min. in, that is more than a lot of other people get done. I'm glad to hear that you didn't get the storm, we had about and inch. The wind is the bad part of this storm. LOL about the over the top of Chalean, that is something that wouldn't bother me. I'm usually able to let those type of things go if the workout is good. Of course the bedazzle would be a bit much to deal with. :D

Thelma, Nice job on the workouts! Awesome news on the #1 spot on Zillow, that is great news. I will continue to send out the selling vibes, it looks like you have a promising buyer already. No we where not in the blizzard are, just got a little bit of snow. It was coming down wet and the huge flakes though, and of course this was all during rush hour. I had to get off the freeway, it was just poking along. The side roads home where much faster.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, today’s planned workout was lower body and Max Trainer.....and it all went out the window at the last minute. :o I guess I felt like something different. So, instead, I started with Cathe’s live class today, which was Low Impact Cardio Compound Conditioning. This was a good metabolic workout, but it seemed really short (I think it was about 40 minutes). So I took a little break to try to convince myself to get on the Max Trainer and, instead, ended up putting Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp in the player and doing the double cardio premix. So much fun! I added on another fusion workout of Jessica’s which was Kickboxing Ballet Body Sculpting which worked as a cool down and core workout for me today. Good stuff.

Erika, good job with the workout even if you did lose motivation. I think it is perfectly good to stop working out when you are mentally and/or physically done with the workout and not pushing through to the end. I think I would probably laugh at Chalene being bedazzled. :D But I also think I could blow it off for a good workout. I really like the sound of slower lifting. And I totally agree about the pace of Cathe’s live workouts.....some of them are crazy fast! I really have to be in the mood and mentally prepared for those workouts, that’s for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. Yay on the house being listed and already having somebody scheduled to see it! That is such good news, especially knowing this individual already knows the area and wants to live there. I will have my fingers crossed for you! I hope your DH can visit you next week. Hope you are enjoying the warm temps. We have been in the 80s since Tuesday, and it has felt so nice. But, like you, tomorrow marks the return of rain. I am okay with that if it means knocking the pollen out of the air again, though this week hasn’t been nearly as bad as last week.

Laurie, great workout! As you can see, I think I wasn’t joking when I said kickboxing for the week. :) Tomorrow I plan on a PHA workout and Rev’d Up Rumble. :) And, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I don’t see me making any last minute changes to those workouts like I did today. :p Part of me wonders if that list for the Road Trip wasn’t developed for her Road Trips in Daytona, and the suggestions of sandals and zipper pants reflect that location. Is that possible? I remember that she would do some things on the beach there, and that would make sense to have some flexible clothing for seaside weather/temps. Maybe I am wrong about the weather up near you in early May, but looking at the schedule, the only possibilities to be outside seem to be evening events or, as she did in Daytona, that early Sunday morning workout. And I can’t imagine needing shorts or sandals for those. Am I mistaken? So, anyhow, that’s why I am thinking of disregarding the suggestion. I’m having enough problems figuring out if any of my workout clothing matches! :D Boy, I didn’t really realize how casual I am with my workout clothes until you mentioned it earlier this week and now have me looking at it with the possibility of actually being seen in it! :o Oh well. I will be the one in the back of the room in mismatched clothing trying to do jumping jacks. B):):p Good thing I have passed the age where I really care about those things!

Tami, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all yesterday, I actually had a busy day. Was doing my “old full time” position vs. waiting and wondering what’s next day-to-day job. So it was a good day for me. Yesterday was STS Shoulders/Bis/Tris and then went to Spinning …. Another great workout on the new bikes! Full class. Today I am working out this evening because DH is gone to a dinner/meeting.

Thelma: Good Vibes your house will sell quickly! I have a good feeling it will. That is so great you worked out a deal about paving your road …. Will be so nice to have that done. Great job getting in your workouts lady! I’m glad your foot is doing better.

Laurie: Excellent workouts! Seems you are continuing to get a great variety of workouts in, awesome. Really liking the new boxing gloves??!!! YAY. See maybe that could be something I spend part of my winning$ on from the Bball tourney. LOL That will be fun to dog sit little Zoe while they are gone. My MIL is coming over when we go to California in a couple weeks to stay with Bernie. Are you getting excited for the Cathe Road Trip?

Laurel: WOWSA! You are really killing it in the workout dept. Way to GO. You will be all set for your Cathe Road Trip …. Maybe she will have you come up front! LOL Seriously though, you are really doing great with your combos post injury.

Erika: Great job with your Chalean Xtreme workouts! Funny you were just over it after 20 minutes, but you are right, 20 is better than ZERO. Hopefully you weren’t hit too hard with that storm? Yikes.

Have a great evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow . . . . Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve!

Well, today ended up being the worst part of the storm, and as a result school was cancelled. Woke up to 40 mph winds, another 3-4" of snow and lots and lots of sleet. To top it all off, the storm caused something to go haywire in our electrical boxes and we had no power to half the house, which included fridge/freezer, water softener/filtration and internet. So, I woke up in a cranky mood and it just kinda tumbled down hill from that. Excuse me while I throw myself a pity party! 3 hours later with an electrician here, we are all good, but several hundred dollars was spent getting to that point. Follow that up with a really rough day at work (having some major challenges with my manager and also may be facing a layoff that would either be my job, or someone that supports me) and then my only request was a burrito bowl for dinner, and the restaurant by us that has those closed right before I got there due to the weather. So, I put in my CLX workout and took out all my frustration there. Felt good, and I'm in a bit better mindset.

I'm taking a half day tomorrow to mentally recharge and spend some time with a girlfriend that used to work at my company, under my boss, so knows exactly how I feel. As my youngest told me today, "you always tell us to look at the positive" and I turned to him and told him to shut up. Yep, that's how my day was today...I was in the dumps and no way out. But, tomorrow is a new day and I'm praying it's better!

Laurie, I love the boxing gloves added to the workout, sounds amazing! Glad your DH is headed home and you get to dog sit this weekend. Sounds perfect to me!

Laurel, great job picking a different workout that you were feeling. I can totally relate, and those are often my best workouts!

Thelma, what great news about the house getting listed and #1, with a private showing tomorrow! I'm sure it will sell fast. Also good news on the road and driveway. It's amazing how fast they can get that done. We did our driveway last year and that alone was only about 1/2 hour. It was shocking how fast it goes.

Tami, I'm happy to hear you had a nice, busy day. I love busy vs. wondering what to do. I've got enough busy to keep me busy for days, but I guess I'd rather have that than slow! Sounds like spinning was a success!

Have a great evening! Not sure if I'll be on here tomorrow or not, as we have lacrosse practice and a full weekend of events. I'm hoping for some family time and me time on Saturday (it's my birthday) and maybe a little warmer weather too! :) My birthday present is likely going to be a bathroom remodel, as we have someone coming to the house to quote it for us in the morning. Right up my alley!

Have a great weekend if I don't talk to you before then!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, today I did KCM Muscle Up-Lift 2B Fit. My foot really bothered me today. It's disappointing because it had felt so much better all week. It's time to wear my boot to bed. DH had left it way on a closet shelf with some pillows on top! When I reached for the boot the pillows landed on my head! LOL
    Our road and driveway got paved today! OMG, they look wonderful! Goodbye bumpy roads!
    Our house continues to trend as #1. Over 700 views since yesterday! We have 2 private showings tomorrow and the brokers' open house went very well.
    we're still not sure when if DH is coming to GA. The dilemma is where to leave his car. It can't be at the house with open houses going on during the weekend and possible private showings next week. Parking at the airport is $45 a day! Way too expensive! Our realtor may have a place for him to leave the car.

There seem to be some tornado warnings for Sunday for FL, GA, and AL! I hope nothing happens!

Laurie, I love that Cardio Pump workout! I still can't believe you didn't have boxing gloves until recently! Rocket is going to love having Zoe around!

So glad you're not in that blizzard area! Thanks for sending those selling vibes our way!

Laurel, sounds like a fun workout! Great job! Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for the sale of our house!
    Today was a gorgeous day here. I went out to run a couple of errands before the pavement started, then I had to lock myself in the house because the asphalt was pretty stinky. In the afternoon I sat out in the screened porch and enjoyed the view. It was in the 70's here but it was a little cool. You definitely have warmer temps in AL.
    I got some flowering plants for the deck and my hummingbirds today. It's so nice to have some flowers out there. Can't wait to buy more! The rain should give us some relief from all that pollen!

Tami, great workouts! Glad you're enjoying those new bikes and that you're finding ways to keep yourself busy at work.

Thank you so much for sending those good vibes for the quick sale of our house. My foot, unfortunately, wasn't so good today. I'm going to start wearing the boot to bed. I hate that part!

Erika, I'm so sorry you had such a rough day. Having problems at work is such a huge problem that you take home with you. I'm glad you were able to find an electrician on a day after a storm.
    It stinks knowing that you may get laid off. I hope you won't lose your job. Knowing this is probably making stressed and cranky. Keep exercising because that will help in the stress department. I hope you have fun with your girlfriend!

The house is getting a lot of attention. We are hopeful that it will sell quickly. The pavement process started on Tuesday. The leveled our steep, bumpy road and our driveway. They did 1/2 of the road that runs parallel to ours yesterday and more leveling.
    I hear you on how quickly a drive is done! Our side driveway was paved in a matter of minutes too.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma