Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,397 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend despite the fact that we had snow on the ground Sunday morning. We had only about an inch of snow, and it was almost all gone by the time I got out of church on Sunday. The only parts left where in the shade. No workouts for me this weekend, I was having fun practicing my painting skills. My workout this morning was LiTe Cardio Party + Calorie Crush Premix. I will have to do the Calorie Crush portion a few times to catch onto the moves. I'm so glad that we will not be doing any step workouts on the RT, because I would be looking at her confused. :D

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts. You give me hope with the Calorie Crush part of the Cardio Party that it will get better once I learn the moves. Since we had been talking about that workout, I thought I would get it out. I figured that it would get me ready for some of the fancy moves that Cathe might give us. And by fancy, I'm talking shashays and pony type moves. :D I had my hair taken care of this weekend too, sure was glad that happened. I was looking pretty shaggy, and now I will not have to worry about my hair getting in my face all the time.

Thelma, Your weekend sounds wonderful, and great job on getting to the class and meeting all those ladies. Glad to hear that you where on the right track with you massage. Can't wait to hear how you massage your stomach. :o Congrats on the inspection, it sounds like all positives to being on the road to selling your house. Awesome news that your DH will be with you this next weekend. I'm sure that he is wanting to be in GA with you, and it sounds like you may have him there full time fairly soon. I'm planning on bringing my LiTe DVD set to the RT for Cathe to sign, since that one has fast become my favorite series of hers.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,749 Member
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. The weather couldn’t have been better both days. Today is supposed to be in the upper 80’s! I don’t mind at all. :) Saturday was spend on chores and lawn work....as well as driving around northern Alabama looking at Independent Living facilities for my in-laws who, surprisingly, sold their house on Saturday and are interested in moving here, :o A lot is up in the air right now, but we do know that DH and I will be in Florida for Memorial Day helping them move out of their house. We just can’t seem to escape moving! :D

For workouts this weekend, on Saturday I did Cardio Party followed by Jessica Smith Add on Abs and Total Body Stretch from Walk Strong 3. Yesterday was Butts and Guts followed by Cathe Live Solid Cardio and HiiT. Today was Cathe Live Upper Body and Core Crush, which was a workout very similar in format to LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body....but with some tougher moves. My arms are still shaking! For cardio, I did S&S Cardio Slam.

Thelma, I am so glad you enjoyed the classes! It all sounds so positive and both mentally and physically restorative, I am so happy the people were welcoming. I do find the people here very friendly which is one of the reasons I am even considering doing something like signing up for a class. Thank you for the encouragement and inspiration! Back in 2009 in was given a $100 credit from Cathe’s web site for my weight loss ‘success story’. Since this Road Trip marks the 10th anniversary (almost to the day) of reaching my goal weight, DH thinks I should have Cathe sign a copy of that story. I am not sure whether I like that idea or would find it awkwardly cheesy. Any thoughts? So glad you are going to see your DH again next week. And yay on the inspection! That is fantastic news!!

Laurie, so glad to hear your snow wasn’t too bad and didn’t stick around too long. Great workout this morning, especially trying that Calorie Crush! It does get better with time, trust me! But I am sure when I do it again I will staring at the TV for much of it since it has been so long since I did it! :p Like you, I am SO happy there is no step for these classes. Lately my mind has been so preoccupied I have been tripping over myself in warm-ups! So the less obstacles the better right now. B) I am having a really hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that the Road Trip is this week. :o I need to get packing!

Tami and Erika, hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was pretty good but went by WAY too fast. I know they always do, but just a bummer sometimes. Friday night I went to Spinning after work and that went well! I did get in the PHA2 workout on Saturday a.m. I did the Extreme #1 pre-mix which felt great and I definitely had some DOMS after being gone and no workouts. WHOA-SA. Yesterday I decided to do Pyramid Pump Upper. I think this week I am going to do some workouts that just feel right (probably several from the LITE series) instead of finishing out the rotation. STS #3 just sounded a little looooong to me. This is the last week of the rotation or did you finish last weeK? I feel so out of the loop, I’m sorry. :# When is the LGI8 scheduled to start?

Thelma: What great news that your inspection went so well and all is going smoothly with the sale of your home. YAHOO. Then to have your new Yoga class and love it so much. Things are going so nicely for you, you deserve every moment of good news and Zen moments my friend! YAY for you. :)

Laurie: YIKES on the snow. We had some seriously cold weather and wind on Saturday and then it was pouring down hail/sleet but luckily no snow. Probably in the mountains nearby though. Great job with your workouts. You are truly doing amazing with all of them and your variety!! Way to go. Excellent thinking on getting in some of the LITE workouts before your Road Trip. I agree as well, love the variety and feel of each of those workouts! Lots of fun. I agree on the Cardio Party, I did that one just once so far and thought …. Oh great, here we go with some fancy footwork (which it really isn’t) but for me …. Umm yes it is. :#
    It is going to be hard to not want to ride that bike ALL the time, let me tell you. I have already been trying to get a schedule in my head of “when” and should I give up my gym membership. Probably so, since I mostly just do Spinning and 1 night of BootCamp now.

Laurel: Fabulous job on all your workout combos! Sounds like your intensity is right back to where it was. Such great news and just in time for your Cathe Road Trip. Butts & Guts, it has been FOREVER since I have done that one. Way to go. I am going to be curious to see how I feel with the Peloton classes as well vs. my live group of peeps I have been working out with all these years. As I told Laurie, I am not sure what to do about my membership. Seems silly to keep it going since I will now have my own Spin bike + I do all my weight work at home. We did both decide on the perfect spot in my workout are to put it. Will get it ordered this week! Not sure since we don’t have a Peloton dealership near us anywhere how long it will be out that someone comes and installs it. Seattle is the closest one. So that Cardio Party does get better? I have only done it once.

Well, the upside of helping your in-laws move – you guys are practically professionals! If not professionals. It will go smoothly I am sure. So nice you are both available to do this for them. When do you leave for your Road Trip!!!!??

Erika: Thank you for the belated Birthday wishes! Good to have you back again and sounds like you are busy as always. I think we all agree on that LITE series being amazingly fun! I am glad you are enjoying it.

Have a great day ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,486 Member
    Hi Ladies, loved my yoga studio classes today too! Today's classes were Beginner Gentle and Barre Levels 1&2.
    The Beginner Gentle, had a little yoga in it and it was done on the floor. This was a gentle workout. The Barre class was a bit of a killer! The instructor kept coming up with ways to torture us during class. A lady next to me said: "she's hurting us today!" LOL. It wouldn't be Barre if it didn't hurt! LOL
    The instructor gave us 2 yoga blocks ea and had us sit on the floor with our legs stretched in front of us, hands on our sides. We place the blocks on their side/lengthwise next to our calves. She then had us sit straight and we flexed our right foot and lifted the straight leg over to the other side of the block. 16 reps on each side. she then had us put both blocks on one side with enough space in between so we put our leg in between the blocks. We lifted the right leg up, then over to the right and over the first block. Leg went down in between the blocks and then lifted back up to go over the other block. Repeat on the other side. OMG these moves hit the top of the quads like crazy. She kept hitting the quads with different positions. OMG, our quads got a serious workout today!
    I love that I'm getting a lot of ab work through these classes.

This afternoon I did LITE Cardio Party. I chose a timesaver workout that had a cardio blast. I hated it! The cardio blast was on the step. I could not follow the choreography to save my life and I got frustrated so I started jumping around on the floor. When I did this workout last week I did the entire workout and I don't remember using the step.
    The termite damage was not a problem! Yaay!

Laurie, I think we did the same workout today! OMG, those crazy moves! There was a time when I had could do them but it's been a very long time. I'm glad Cathe won't be doing step classes during the road trip!

I really had a wonderful weekend. I can't wait for the stomach massage either. I can't even imagine how it's done.
    Thanks on the congratulatory message on the inspection. Now we wait on the radon test results.
    DH is counting the days till he can make the drive from MA to BR.
    Why are you taking the LITE DVD set with you on the road trip? Aren't you going to be working out with Cathe?

Laurel, glad you had a great weekend! Wow! on your in-laws selling their home and wanting to move near you!
    I love your DH's idea to have Cathe sign your weight loss story!
    Another thing about going by yourself to the yoga classes, you won't be depending on your neighbor to go to classes.
    Great workouts this weekend!!

Tami, fabulous workouts this weekend! We're going to start the rotation when Laurel and Laurie return from their road trip.
    Things are definitely going well for us. Thank you for your kind words about us deserving every moment of good news.

Hi ErikA~

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LiTe Strong Body Stacked sets: Upper + Bonus Six Pack Abs #2.

Laurel, Great job on all the workouts, I'm impressed that you did B&G. Oh my on the in-laws moving, and super glad to hear that they are looking into the assisted living arrangement. I'm sure that you will have the moving down pat for them, but at least this is you and your DH moving. ;) If you are having temps in the 80's be prepared for the 50's around here. It actually snowed up north yesterday, so winter is still wanting to take a stand. I will keep trying that Calorie Crush, it will just take time. I have done all the moves before, but it has been a while and they didn't come at you so fast. :D I need to start making sure I have enough outfits, I have been a little busy to think about things like that. Still need to pick up some new sports bras, I'm going to stop off at the sporting goods store after work tonight. Mine are old, and interestingly enough they are getting to be to big. It appears I'm finally losing some of that horrible back fat that had appeared in the last couple of years.

Tami, The weekends are never long enough for sure. Awesome job on all your workouts. When we are busy those longer workouts are ones that I just look at and go NO. We will be starting the LGI8 rotation starting on the 19th. I'm going to be doing a bunch of different series and instructors for mine. Keeping with the format though. The one thing that I really like about Cardio Party is that she didn't include the step for the main workout, and the Calorie Crush is so short that I know at some point I will master the moves. :D Will it be hard to give up that membership? You will be saving for your DVD collection. :D

Thelma, Love the sound of your classes, it really does sound like you where tortured good. The Calorie Crush portion of Cardio Party is on the step, the Cardio Party is a mix of boxing and hi/lo on the floor. I did the premix with both of these combined. I did the same thing with that Calorie Crush portion, I was just standing there looking at the TV. I am going to try it again at some point, it is something that I need to master. I'm bringing my LiTe DVD's because I would like Cathe to autograph it for me. Have to have something for her to sign, and the LiTe series is my favorite.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was.....weird. :o But it was good too! I started out with Cathe Live Cardio Leg Party, but after two phone calls and my internet dropping out three times, I gave it up 3/4 of the way through. I hate doing that, but I had had enough. :# So I popped in Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio (which I love) and did the doubled premix of the cardio which put me in a much better mood. :D So I felt like more so I put in LITE Metabolic Blast and did the Calorie Crush section followed by the standing metabolic work. It ended up being a much longer and tougher workout than I had originally planned, but I liked it!!

Tami, great workouts! I love that PHA2 workout. I definitely want to try that premix. Last week was the final week in the STS rotation. I don’t blame you for not wanting to return to the long, slow Meso 3 workouts, especially after a break from working out. In doing Butts and Guts Sunday, which I hadn’t done in years either, I realized how much I like the cardio/leg workout options Cathe does so much of in her live classes or the faster paced work of the LITE workouts. I remember once upon a time when B&G seemed fast, but no more. But at least Meso 3 inspired me to move towards our summer rotation which I hope to fill with fast, short and intense workouts! Like Laurie said, we are starting on the 19th. DH and I leave tomorrow evening for our trip to Wisconsin. We will just get a few hours in, but it will get us through Nashville in lighter traffic and make Thursday a more manageable day. I imagine giving up your gym membership is going to be difficult. Hopefully you can choose to do it when you are ready to do it instead of doing it if you have doubts.

Thelma, I am so glad you are enjoying your classes! That leg move sounds tough. I don’t blame you for not liking that Cardio Party Calorie Crush workout. Those step moves are fast! But, as Laurie explained, that is the bonus add-on workout (similar to the Blizzard Blasts in ICE). The main Cardio Party workout has no step.

Laurie, great workout. That one is on my calendar for tomorrow. :) I can’t believe we are leaving tomorrow for our trip. :o I feel so not at all prepared! But I did manage to start dragging some clothes out yesterday and after looking at the weather forecast for here, there and then northern Michigan, I need to be prepared for every season. Add on to that me bringing virtually all my workout clothes (and a few pairs of shoes), and it is a good thing we have a good sized car. :o:o But we won’t mind the cooler temps up there. We have plenty of heat and humidity to look forward to over the next several months. :) I will be sending you a message a little later with my phone number so we can arrange a time to meet up. :D Still seems so surreal to me.

Erika, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies,

The weekend was good...cold, but good. Lacrosse was cancelled Saturday due to the threat of snow, so we did a refresh on our powder room. New vanity top, paint, hardware and artwork, lighting and mirror. It was fun! Sunday my son played 2 games (it was cold!) but my hubby's entire family made it (we played where he went to high school and also is where his siblings and parents still live). It was nice to have a big cheering section! I did Lite Pyramid Pump in it's entirety on Friday night. DON'T DO THAT! Haha! I still have DOMS and it's Tuesday! It was an excellent workout, but I literally could barely move all weekend! The rest of the workouts in the LITE series have continued and have all been great!

I'm heading to Houston for 2 days for a work training/meeting, which will be a nice change of scenery. Still on the hunt for a new job though, and hopefully some connections I've got in the industry will get me somewhere!

Thelma, awesome news on the inspection and sounds like those classes are amazing! I wish I lived near to attend them too!

Laurie, I was wondering if you ended up with snow. Bummer you did, but glad it melted fast!

Laurel, ooh, that weather sounds amazing, I'm jealous! Hopefully all goes well with the in-laws move, and hopefully you don't have any moving after that for some time!

Tami, the weekends do go so very fast...I can hardly believe it sometimes. Seems the older I get, the faster they go!

Great job on the workouts! I'm taking LITE with me on my work trip...I've got Cardio Party and Rev'd up Rumble on tap :) Have a great remainder of the week and weekend, if I don't make it back on here.

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I finally had a yoga class! Today's class was called Yoga Basics. It made me realize that this is not the place to really learn yoga though. There is a lady in town who does private yoga sessions at the client's house. I'm going to ask her to come to my house once a week.
    I didn't do a Cathe workout because I had a terrible headache this afternoon.

Laurie, great job with the Stacked Sets: Upper workout!
    My quads were talking to me this morning after the torture class. Today the yoga instructor today hit the quads with some crazy moves.
    OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one who got lost with that step workout! I thought I was losing it when the step workout started because I didn't remember using a step when I did the workout the first time.

Laurel, great workout today! Sorry, you're having problems with your internet though.
    I am loving the classes and my favorite are the Barre/Pilates classes.
    I'm going to have to try that calorie crush workout again to see if I can figure it out. I know it's a matter of trying it a few times but I have to be in the mood for it.
    I hope you and your DH have a wonderful trip and of course you and Laurie will probably have a blast.
    OMG, with you packing for the trip! I would've brought everything too! LOL

Erika, glad you had a nice weekend! How exciting that your husband's family got to see your son play! I bet your powder room looks nice!
    OUCH on the DOMS! Good stuff though! LOL
    I hope you have a safe trip and good luck with the job search!

Everything about the sale of the house is going well so far. Tomorrow we sign the purchase and sale agreement and then the bank appraisal sometime after that. I wish you ladies lived near me so we could all attend these classes. The Myofascial release class is very good.

Hi Tami!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was LiTe Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower. That one is so good and fun.

Laurel, Bummer on the malfunctions to your internet and of course the phone calls. Nice job getting the workouts in, and that you enjoyed the hard combination that you created. I don't think that I have tried out the Metabolic Calorie Crush yet. I know that I have done the Rev'd Up Rumble, and of course attempted the one from Cardio Party and that is it. Unfortunately the weather is like that this time of year. I think that we have very type of coat out right now, for the just in case weather. I hear you on the shoes, you will have to bring just about everything from hiking to workout with you. :D Is the humidity the same as what you experienced in FL? I'm sure that it will be a bit different since there is only the gulf to deal with for the most part. Good idea on the phone. ;)

Erika, So sorry to hear that you had DOMS for such a long time. I love that workout, but have only done it as a lower or upper workout. That one is so long that I usually can't try it on a weekday, and for some reason I have been lax on doing workouts on the weekends. Of course I have been busy with my crafty things on the weekends. Hope that you have some good prospects for a new job during your trip to Houston. Enjoy your weekend also.

Thelma, To bad about the yoga class, and I hope that the private lessons work out for you. LOL that step portion comes at you so quick that I was lost right away. Hopefully the next time I try it clicks a lot better. Glad to hear that everything is moving along with the house sale.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body followed by the core work from Fit Split. For cardio, I did LITE Rev’d Up Rumble, the Calorie Crush and Extended Stretch. Such a fun workout today! And I needed it after learning yesterday that the day after we get back, I will have people in the house ripping the floor out of our master bath. :o I noticed the grout changing colors a couple of months back and then, when the base boards started rotting, I knew we had a pretty serious water leakage problem. I had three guys in here yesterday staring at it and all saying ‘I have never seen anything like this’. Hopefully we got to it early enough that it just means ripping out the tile, letting the floor underneath dry and then covering everything back up and making sure it is seeled. So far, thankfully, it doesn’t appear that water has seeped through to the sub-floor because that would be really bad. And, thankfully, it is all covered under the warranty! But it is going to make for a long ten days when we get home as they repair it.

Erika, so glad you enjoyed the weekend despite the cold weather. So fun to have your family be able to watch your son play. Great job with that Pyramid Pump workout! That is one seriously long, tough workout. Hope you enjoy your trip to Houston!

Thelma, I am sorry you didn’t enjoy the yoga class. A friend of mine did private yoga lessons and loved them. I think that is a wonderful option. But I am glad you are enjoying the rest of the classes. Hope things continue to go well with the sale of the house.

Laurie, great workout! The Calorie Crush for the Metabolic Blast workout is similar to the one from Rev’d Up Rumble but a little longer (by a minute I think) and a little tougher (for me) because Cathe doesn’t do the walking in between moves (she shuffles instead so more impact) and it includes a section of one legged burpees, which are not my favorite (and which I hope we don’t see this week!). But I enjoy it all the same. The humidity, so far, hasn’t come close to Florida, but I think that will be changing this month. I expect the summer months to be every bit as hot as Florida or maybe even hotter since we won’t have the ocean breeze like we did there (even though we were a few miles from the ocean). But they tell us here that since we live on top of a hill, we may get more breeze and be a little cooler than down below. But I can handle four/five months of oppressive heat knowing that I will have at least six months (that is how long we have been here) without it. One of our issues in Florida was while the humidity lessened in the winter, we still had days at 90 degrees in December and January. This is not that.....thankfully! :) I sent you a message yesterday. Hopefully you got that. If not, maybe try sending me one?

Tami, hope you are well.

Time to get ready to hit the road. I will check in when I can over the next week!! So excited!!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Thank you all for the welcome back messages and encouragement about my workouts! Always appreciate it more than you all know. Monday night was a great BootCamp class. Lots of good strength and abwork; a few cardo bursts and no burpees! LOL She said next week we have to do “40” in honor of her Birthday on Sunday. YIKES. I never tell her my Birthday because she will make us do them ~ I think we would all croak with "50" burpees. :# No workout yesterday but I did get myself out of bed this a.m. and did LITE Pyramid Lower body, which I LOVE so much. Again, are all those exercises my favorites? Pretty much. Will head to Spinning tonight.

Laurie: Great job with your LITE workouts! The abs #1 and #2 I think are so great as well. Way to go. Thank you so much for the reminder on our LGI8 rotation and when we are starting. Again, I feel out of the loop right now after being gone. {I’m sorry} Congrats by the way on needing some new sports bras for your Cathe Road Trip! Losing fat anywhere is such a testimony to the hard work you have put in! YAY. Yes, it will be super hard to give up my membership I think. Eventhough I am really not there 5 days a week I have developed a few friendships and love Katy (most of the time …. Lol) so yes, definitely hard. The PELOTON is all ordered and now just waiting to hear from delivery company. But yes, it costs $39 per month (cheaper than my gym membership) so paying for both would be a waste. I love the idea of you getting your LITE Series autographed. Take pics while you are there and share them with us. So fun. I am jealous but can’t wait to hear all about your time.

Laurel: Fabulous workout(s) despite the phone calls, internet connection problems, etc. I may have opted for a shorter workout at that point due to frustration but glad it worked out!! Thank you as well for keeping me up-to-date on what’s happening. I appreciate your understanding as well on not wanting to finish out that last week of Meso 3. Did you post a list of what the LGI8 looks like or go off what we did before and we fill it in as we go?! Thanks in advance. I hope you guys have an amazing trip! Can’t wait to hear from you ladies about the whole experience.

Erika: Definitely time goes by so quickly! The older we get the faster it goes forsure. What is up with that? Excellent job on the Pyramid Pump in its entirety! That is a long one. Are you still working from home then? Do you want to continue to look for something you can do from home or anything that fits for you?
    Thelma: Sorry to hear the Yoga class didn’t go as good as you had hoped. Plus the headache, hopefully that was short lived. Fingers crossed that everything continues to go well with you on the house SALE! I am sure it will.

Have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were Beginner Gentle, Barre Level 1&2 and LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower. The Beginner Gentle class was awesome today. At the end of the class during Savasana the instructor started singing and playing her guitar. I couldn't tell if it was a recording or if the instructor was singing. My eyes were closed but I had to take a peak, that's when I realized it was the instructor's lovely voice we were hearing. Very nice!

Laurie, nice workout!!
    I hope next time I do that step workout I'll do better! LOL

Laurel, what a great combo!!! OMG with your floor! I hope you caught the problem early enough.
    I hope with the private yoga lessons I will be able to learn to love yoga.

Tami, great workouts! OMG, with the 40 burpees!
    Hopefully, my next yoga class will be better. The headache was short live thankfully. So far everything with the sale of the house is going well. Thanks for asking.

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

No workout this morning, since we will be having 6 workouts over the next three days, I figured that I could use a rest day. ;) Looks like we have a kickboxing and stretch and flow classes on Friday. I'm very excited about all of this.

Laurel, Awesome job on all of those workouts. I'm so sorry to hear about your shower, and I do hope that you caught it soon enough. Thanks for the information on the Calorie Crush workouts, that will help a lot. We will have a ton of fun this weekend, so can't wait to meet you. Have a safe trip!

Tami, Great job on the workouts and class. Oh my on all those burpees, I'm sure that will not be to bad. :p I love the sound of the new bike, and the fact that it really isn't a super huge price. Did you see this new mirror that you can workout with? I don't really know how that will go over with people. Sort of like youtube, but with a mirror. We will take some pics for sure, although that is a weak spot for me. I'm really horrible at remembering to take pictures of things. But they have actually scheduled times for taking pics with Cathe, and I'm going to be meeting up with Laurel so for sure we will get pics together.

Thelma, Love the sound of your class, and great job on the workout. Nice that you get live music while you relax.

Have a great weekend, because I don't think that I will be getting on tomorrow. Probably will be packing all my stuff before I leave.

Laurie
  • 2BLean
    edited May 2019
    Hi Ladies ~ Another great Spin class last night! Those bikes are so great. I was thinking the whole time how similar the Peloton is to them. YAY. I did talk to DH last night and he thinks I should really wait until I know forsure I am not using the gym at all before cancelling. Which was nice .... he said he knows how much I enjoy those classes and just wait and see. He's got my all scheduled for riding the Peloton on Tues and Thurs night when I don't go to the gym + the weekends he said. LOL :D Made me laugh. Today's workout: LITE Metabolic Blast.

Laurie: Probably a good plan to take a REST day today! Have a blast at the Road Trip.

Thelma: Great job with your workouts. Sounds like a perfect combo. That's amazing she has such a nice singing voice. I'm glad you are enjoying the Barre classes.

Have a great evening ~ safe travels Laurel and Laurie!

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were Ying/Yang, Sculpted-Movement Fusion, House Cleaning. I spent two hours cleaning the lower level. Tomorrow I will focus on the upper level. By the time I was done cleaning my lower back was killing me. I think all the Barre booty squeezes have tightened my lower back.
    I may be able to start my private yoga sessions next week. I'm very excited about this.
    We signed the purchase and sale agreement today. The buyer's lender appraisal is next but we don't know when it will happen. We have to have the fire department inspect the house for fire/carbon monoxide detectors and hopefully, the closing will be on 5/29 as scheduled.

Laurie, I don't blame you for taking today off! I hope you and Laurel have a wonderful time! How exciting that you'll get to meet Cathe!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Tami, great workouts! How exciting that your Peloton has been ordered! $39 a month is great! Is that just for the workouts? How nice of your DH to have worked out a schedule for using the bike! LOL

I never expected one of the instructors to sing to us. It was a really nice surprise.

Have a good night ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Happy Friday from Lake Geneva, WI. So excited for today and getting to meet Laurie. Such a beautiful place!

hi4knijdiqf4.jpeg

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Wow what a great weekend. I was sore and tired by the end of the weekend, but it was soooo much fun to meet Cathe, Jenn and of course Laurel. They all made me feel like an amazon though. :D I can safely say that I was one of the tallest people there. If any of you have a chance to go to one of these road trips, and I'm hoping that I will be able to go again at some point, do go. I never thought that my body would be able to do six workouts in basically two days. We started out on Friday evening with a workout that was pretty much Cardio Party/Rev'd Up Rumble, and then after dinner we did Stretch and Flow type workout. This one was a workout for sure. On Saturday morning we started out the day with Cardio Sculpt, shoulders where talking to me after that workout we used paper plates, tubing and 5lb weights. There was a break and then before lunch we did Low Impact Cardio & Core, she did use weights and paper plates in this one also. Another break and then Total Body Giant Sets, and yes she can kill those body parts with only 5lb weights and tubing. :D I actually had to take a little nap between the last two workouts. After that it was meet and greet dinner, and our table was the first one that Cathe visited that night. The previous night she didn't get to our table. She and Jenn talked to us, and it was just awesome. Sunday morning we where up and moving to the last workout Lower Body Burn, and that one was barre and cardio. Only one move during that session was not what my knee liked, but overall my knee held up really well. Lot's of core work, so my core is sore. I didn't workout this morning, but I probably could have. I just didn't want to push things.

It was so fun to meet Laurel and her DH. It was like meeting a friend that you have not seen in a long time. I don't know about Laurel, but when Cathe said that if you workout to her workouts we are in shape. I was amazed that I was able to do three 1 hour workouts in one day without falling down. The stats on my FitBit from Saturday 20,044 steps, 8.51 Miles, 3,897 Cals, 242 min of exercise and walked up 12 floors. Just the workouts themselves totaled 1600 cals.

Tami, Love that metabolic workout, and of course glad you enjoyed your spin class on the new bikes. I think your DH is right on you still keeping the class schedule, since you enjoy going to them. This was pretty much the first time I did a class type setting, still not sure that I want to do it on a regular basis. :D Maybe if the place had Cathe as an instructor. I think that it did help that I took that rest day, because talking to some of the ladies at our table, one did her regular run and was regretting doing so.

Thelma, Great workouts and cleaning! Hope that your lower back problem was short lived. I bet the private yoga sessions will be fun. Glad to hear that the sale keeps moving along, the sale part takes the longest. I'm sure that the time will fly by fast though. I can't tell you how it felt to meet Cathe, she is so cool about taking pictures and signing things. She signed my LiTe cover, so now I can put that in a prominent place in my workout space, and remember what my body was able to do this weekend. I do know that I need to keep things low impact though.

Here is a picture of Cathe and I, and I will wait until Laurel is able to get on before I post the one with all three of us. Of course Laurel, I will give you the pleasure of posting that if you want to. :D Hope you have a wonderful time on your travels through our area of the states.
    2d6y8g48l2ru.jpg

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend! On Friday I did Restorative Healing Yoga, Sculpted-Movement Fusion and house cleaning for 4.5 hours and burned 1,142 calories. On Saturday more house cleaning and drove 1.5 hours to pick DH up. On Sunday we did a lot of walking around our neighborhood.
    I think I woke up tired today because the two yoga classes left me exhausted. Today's workouts were Beginner Gentle, Barre Level 1&2 and we worked shoulders, biceps, lower body and core. DH and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. These heels are killers but they do hit the glutes pretty good!
    Our house was appraised today and according to our realtor, it went very well. The fire department fire/carbon monoxide detector inspection is a week from Friday.
    My BIL offered to drive down to GA with DH when he finally moves here on 5/24! So happy DH won't be alone because I was really worried about that.

Laurie, I'm so happy you had such a great time on the road trip. I would've been dead after all those workouts! I'm laughing about you having been one of the tallest people there! You are tall! I would've been one of the shortest people there! LOL. I love that picture of you and Cathe, and that she signed your LITE case!! How exciting that you got to meet Laurel and her DH!

I was just watching the short video clips Cathe posted on FB from the road trip and I was pleasantly surprised to see some men in there!

Laurel, I hope you and your DH are having a great time! I love that picture of Lake Geneva!

Hi Tami and Erika!!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was ICE Low Impact Sweat Timesaver Premix Cardio 1 & Icy Core 2.

Thelma, Nice job with the workouts and house cleaning, that is a good calorie burn. I'm going to say that you are right with the tiredness and yoga. It is so deceptive in how much energy your body is putting out. I seem to always sleep really well after I do yoga also. Glad to hear that your appraisal went well. How nice that your BIL is willing to travel with your DH for the move. That should be fun for them also. I was surprised that there where not more ladies taller than myself. I am usually in the middle, but not this time. The tallest person there was a guy. There was one young man that did every workout, and I think the first workout some of the husbands participated. To tell the truth, once Cathe got started, I didn't notice all the people.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Tuesday! I am here alive and well! Just been really busy at work (yay) Peloton is arriving today at NOON. Weekend was the Special Needs & Rec fundraiser.

Workouts have been good. I can't wait to hear all about the Road Trip. I will try and get back on here today and catch up!

Darling picture!

Tami