Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,397 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kelly's RAW Metabolic (6 and 6). It was 6 exercises done for 6 rounds. Kelly used 12.5 lbs, so I used my 12 and got a good workout. I think the next time I try this one, I should be able to up the weight.

Laurel, I have that same problem when I look at some of the workouts I think I want to do, and then change my mind. I sometimes look at a workout the day before, and say do I really want to do that one. Great job on the workouts you did choose. I'm with you on the kickboxing, you really did have a great week. I'm really hoping that we have a kickboxing class on the Road Trip. I think that you are right on the money with that list being for FL, that makes a lot of sense. I'm not going to purchase any of those pants, and like you I will be the mismatched queen. Nothing I have matches, but that is okay with me. :D I usually buy my stuff of the sales racks.

Tami, Great job on the workout and class. Nice that you have an evening alone. My DH took over the remote, and I couldn't continue my binge watching of Face Off. :D I hope that at some point the limbo you are feeling at work starts to improve. I truly love those boxing gloves, and for some reason they make me feel like I'm punching better. It is a different feeling from weighted gloves, and the after effects seem to feel different also. I think that different muscles are incorporated. Just a feeling. So if you do decide to spend your winnings on them, it will be well worth it IMO. Yes I'm getting really excited, and nervous. I have never attended a class type setting for exercise, so this will be a different experience.

Erika, I'm so sorry to hear that you where without power, and of course having to deal with all that snow. We didn't have all that much and it is now gone. We had a thunderstorm last night. I hope that the stress you are under with this job situation gets resolved quickly, and of course that you are okay. Awesome job getting your frustrations out by doing you CLX workout. Yes the boxing gloves are great for the boxing type workouts, and now I really want a bag to punch. ;) Have a very Happy Birthday on Saturday, and like you I'm hoping for a warm weekend.

Thelma, Nice that you have a new smooth driveway. Sorry to hear that your foot is bothering you. Very nice job on the KCM workout though. Two showings today, that is awesome. And of course that you have so many views. Rocket will be tired from playing with his bf. The only problem is Zoe likes to sleep in my dd's bed. I'm hoping that she wants to sleep with my dd. :D

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,749 Member
    Hi Ladies! I did my planned workout today, and it was a good one. I started with Cathe Live PHA 3, and of the six PHA workouts Cathe has done between Live and DVD, this one is my favorite. Three rounds of six exercises each repeated once, no step, and a sky-rocketing heart rate. Absolutely love it. I followed it with LITE Rev’d Up Rumble doubled premix, and it was so good to do this workout again. But I am definitely feeling all this kickboxing in my core....in a good way! This has really been a fun week for workouts.....the first time I have been able to say that in a very long time. :)

Tami, glad you enjoyed the spin workout again! Glad you were busy at work as well. I really hope you get more busy days headed into the summer. And, nope, I want nothing to do with being at the front on the class on this Road Trip. :D As I was tripping all over myself in my workout today, I was beginning to wonder what I was thinking in voluntarily signing up to workout with other people! :oB):p Like I said yesterday, though, one of the best things about aging is I don’t really care much if I fall over in a workout. But I also don’t see the need to be front and center when I do it. :D:D

Erika, I am so sorry about your bad day, but I am glad you got your electricity fixed. You made me smile with your response to your son’s reminding you about the power of positive thinking. :) Some days are just like that. I am glad it resulted in a good workout, though. I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. Sounds like an excellent present but I also hope you take that time just for you! Happy Birthday!!

Thelma, yay on the road and driveway being done! Boy, that really did happen fast. I am sorry to hear your feet continue to give you problems. Hopefully sleeping with the boot fixes it up quickly. I hope everything goes well with the house showings today and you get an offer! I have no doubt we will be warmer here than you because we aren’t in the mountains like you are. But at least we live on top of a hill, so we will be slightly cooler than the bulk of Huntsville. I think the humidity is back for the summer now, and I am okay with that. I hear other AC units in the neighborhood running, but I am sticking with open windows as long as I can. Of course, the inside of the house is now covered in pollen, but since I think we will have close to six months of solid AC, I am willing to put up with that for the fresh air right now. Like you said, some wicked storms may come through this weekend. I hope nothings reaches you. But if it does, stay safe!

Laurie, sounds like another good workout! I keep trying to guess what types of workouts we will have on the Road Trip and, right now, I am leaning towards these: kickboxing, metabolic, band/body weight, solid cardio of some sort (ala Cardio Party, but probably with some HiiT and/or impact), stretch, and......something else (maybe a more cardio based workout but using light weights as well). Of course, all of this is a guess (and wishful thinking on my part), but going on Cathe’s live classes, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a few of these. My workout clothing is definitely a representation of sales racks! But, honestly, I can’t imagine paying full price for some of this stuff. :o So we can rock our weird outfits together! :D I have a feeling we won’t be alone. :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,486 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. On Friday I did Slide 'n Glide. On Saturday one of Jessica's fusion workouts. No workout today. DH came today! I am so happy he's going to be here all week. On Friday afternoon when we talked on the phone, he asked me what I was doing Sunday. I said nothing. I'll just stay in. He then asked me if I'd like to go pick him up. We were both so happy to see each other! The cats were really happy to see him too! :)

Not a single offer on the house. The couple who would've bought the house wanted an open concept and our house doesn't have that and God knows what it will take to convert it. It wouldn't be easy. The two open houses went well but still no offers. I'm getting worried. I know it was just listed but in our town properties sell quickly.

OMG, Blue Ridge was under a tornado watch since last night. Scary stuff! The wind and the rain were scary. I had to go out to pick up DH in the middle of all that. Thankfully, the tornadoes didn't come this way but tonight the wind seems to have picked up speed.

My foot was really bothering me yesterday. It had me scared. I think I overextended the ligaments when I was stretching.

Laurie, great RAW workout! Are you saying Cathe wants people to buy special workout clothes for the road trip? About the mismatched part, I'm there with both of you. If you looked at pictures of other road trips not everyone was matched from head to toes. I don't see why you and Laurel have to worry about that stuff. Just have fun and don't worry about your clothes.

How did Rocket and Zoe do? I bet they are adorable together.

Laurel, wow, that PHA3 workout and the Rev'd Up Rumble combo sound like a lot of fun! You had an amazing week. So happy you're back to normal!

The boot has helped my foot and I've been taken Aleve. Tonight it feels better than it did all day long.
    Temps for us will drop into the 40's. I think all of last week we were in the high 50's or 60's at night.
    OMG, I can't believe you have the windows open with all this pollen! That is very brave of you. I wonder if this pollen will ever go away. I imagine it lasts for a long time given all the trees around here. Today I got close to a white flowering tree in our property. Turns out it's some kind of dogwood. I love those trees! Here they seem to grow like weeds. In MA I paid a lot of money for a Japanese dogwood.
    I think you are definitely going to have much hotter temps in Huntsville than in BR. I hope this crazy weather didn't reach you.

Hi Tami and Erika!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We had a cold snowy weekend! Seriously this snow can go away, we got about three inches. :p I was busy this weekend finishing up the banners for Palm Sunday, and again I forgot to take pictures. I'm horrible about doing that. I didn't workout because of that. This morning was RAW Intervals #4.

Laurel, Love all the workouts, and congrats on being able to do the RUR double premix. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that goes for the sales rack. You are right, all of those items are so expensive. I think that you have the right feeling for the type of workouts that we might be doing. I don't think that they can haul to many items to the middle of America, without a lot of cost involved. So it will be bodyweight, and cardio type workouts for sure. It will be just a lot of fun to meet Cathe, and of course getting to meet you and another person that I know. I have to make sure that she is coming, but I thought I saw that she registered for the road trip.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! I'm very glad to hear that your DH will be there with you all week. I'm sure that your house will be something that is wanted, just have to find the right person. Dang on the weather, your area must get that when we have the cold and snow. The tornado warnings don't usually start to appear in our area until the end of May. I'm sure that we will be in good company with all the other ladies for our workout gear. They have a list of items that we should consider taking on the RT, and that is the list I was looking at. Nothing that is mandatory. Zoe and Rocket are having a lot of fun together, they love horsing around. Zoe did take Rockets stuffed pigeon apart, so our youngest did some "emergency surgery" on the bird. Rocket is very good with all his stuffed toys, but Zoe loves to take them apart.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We enjoyed a nice weekend here. More planting and yard work on Saturday before the storms moved in. Yesterday was DH’s birthday so we visited a couple of State Parks near here. It was a beautiful day, again, before the storms moved in. Today is considerably cooler (it was in the 30s when I got up), but at least the wind is gone and there is no rain projected until Thursday.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Cardio Ball Ballet workout followed by her Yoga/Pilates fusion workout. Yesterday was Cathe Live Cardio Leg Crush into Cathe Live Lower Body HiiT and Abs. There was a lot of impact in both workouts, but once I was thoroughly warmed up, it felt pretty good. I am nowhere close to giving those higher impact moves my all, but I am more than happy with where I am right now....which is much further along than where I thought I would be two weeks ago. Today’s workout was STS Disc 31/Chest and Back followed by Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio into Cathe Live Mixed Impact HiiT.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so happy your DH is with you this week! No doubt it will fly by. We definitely had the same windy, rainy storms as you this weekend. But we never did get any tornado watches or warnings in our county, which is good. I am beginning to suspect this is a pattern we will probably see quite a bit right now. I love the moisture because everything here is becoming so green. But I could do without the high winds. :o DH and I were at our local plant nursery on Saturday and we both agree that we have never lived anywhere with the number and variety of flowering trees and bushes we see here...both in gardens and just growing wildly. I am beginning to think everything will grow here! Makes for one of the more beautiful springs I have ever experienced, but it comes with a pollen cost, that’s for sure. I am sorry you didn’t get an offer on your house yet. Hopefully you will get one soon.

Laurie, yikes on the snow! Definitely sounds like a good weekend for staying inside and doing sewing projects. But I must admit, I like a sunny Palm Sunday and a sunny Easter. Hopefully you get the latter next week since it snowed for the former! I am getting pretty excited now for the Road Trip. I have been back and forth since my calf injury on whether I should go or not with my DH always encouraging me to keep pressing forward towards going.....thankfully. Now that I feel pretty confident I will be able to more comfortably participate in the workouts (even with modification), the excitement is kicking in to full gear. Looking forward to meeting you and just the experience of something totally and completely different to anything I have ever done.

Erika and Tami, hope you enjoyed the weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies & Happy Monday ~

Weekend was pretty good but seemed I didn’t get anything done hardly at all. Saturday I met my girlfriend for lunch and spent a lot of time talking, literally just got home from that and headed out to a State High School Athletic Awards Banquet we were invited to attend with a friend who had a table. Nearly 600 people there. Then yesterday I did get my workout in (thank goodness) and then headed to meet my BFF for lunch. So a lot of sitting and visiting, which isn’t bad, just didn’t feel like I got much done around the house for leaving this Saturday. My friend time was more important forsure. :)

Yesterday I was really craving doing my Total Body workout since I missed that on Friday and Saturday. I did go to Spinning however on Friday night, another great class despite having a new instructor with the new bikes. LOL Yesterday I did LITE Metabolic Total Body + Cardio Crush. Oh, Thursday night I went home and did + Rev’d Up Rumble + Cardio Crush. I realized I hadn’t tried those yet and LOVE them! Tonight will be STS after work. DH is out of town for a day and so I have the house to myself.

Thelma: Great job on the workouts and YAY for DH coming! I bet the cats were definitely excited to see him.

Laurie: BRRRRR …. Snow!!??? Dang it. Hopefully it is already gone? Sounds like a very busy and productive weekend. Good job getting in your RAW workout this a.m.

Laurel: That LIVE PHA 3 class sounds soooo good! I truly never get tired of the PHA workouts and look forward to them every time. So great. Excellent job with your workouts. All your talk and Laurie’s last Wed/Thurs made me think of dong Rev’d Up Rumble + the Cardio Crush as an add on since I wanted a little more cardio. I remember you saying you enjoyed those Cardio Crushes when you tried them. Really great.

Love the attitude of going to the Cathe Road Trip, who cares, it will be a fun time of like minded women at every level just loving the workouts and being there for a fun time. I can’t wait to hear your reviews from both of you. Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun and so nice to get some more yard work done. Between all the rain we have some nice green grass happening now. I’m sure after we get back from California next week it will need its first mowing. Fabulous job on all your workouts by the way! Great combos. Back to STS tonight for me as I mentioned above. Most likely just that tonight but back on schedule. I do feel good about my workouts last week! Hoping to follow suit this week because we leave Saturday a.m. and then no workouts for a few days.

Have a great evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow. Tami

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Monday!

We had a lazy weekend at home, but it was good. Lots of stuff done around the house, some family time, a little shopping and signed the contract to update 2 of our bathrooms. Overall, a good weekend and good workouts all weekend. Now, the key is to stay healthy...hubby has come down with a cold from all this warm, cold, warm, cold!

Tami, sounds like a busy but fun weekend! I love the workouts, and I also need to try those! Can't wait to get back to Cathe!

Laurie, Bummer on the snow over the weekend. We didn't have super warm temps, but too warm for snow, which is good. We are finally starting to melt here. Just a little more to go and it should all be gone!

Thelma, sending good vibes on selling the house. Getting no offers after so many views and the open house is frustrating. At least with your DH there you can keep busy while waiting for the offers to roll in!

Laurel, great workouts and sounds like a nice weekend (despite the rain). I forgot your DH and I have back to back birthdays!

Enjoy your evening! I'm getting in some relaxation by doing nothing now that all my running around of kids is done for the evening. My son has a good friend on the team (who also is on his hockey team each year) and the mom and I have worked out a good carpool arrangement. Nice to have my evenings open a bit!

Erika

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, no formal workout for me. We walked around a neighboring town called Blairsville.
    It was very cold here this morning. It was in the 40's but with a strong NW wind. Listen to me saying very cold and it's in the 40's. Had I been still living in MA I would've said heat wave! LOL

Laurie, I can't believe you got snow over the weekend! Thankfully it doesn't stick around too long at this time of the year. Great job with the RAW workout!

It makes sense that you don't get tornado warnings until May because it's colder now there.
    I bet Cathe makes a lot of money on all the gear they offer on that list that women buy.
    Glad the dogs are enjoying each other's company. It must be a lot of fun to watch them horse around. OMG on Rocket's pigeon! Thank God your DD was able to perform surgery on it! LOL

Laurel, sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I can't believe your temps dropped into the 30's last night!

Fabulous workouts! You are doing great giving the injury you had!
    DH's time here will probably fly by but at least he's here.

I am surprised about the tornado warnings for BR. I had read that nothing ever happened here weather wise. I agree with you that we'll see a lot of the same type of weather around here.
    I agree with you about the different flowering trees! We visited a small nursery and they had some flowering trees I'd never seen before. One had these gorgeous deep red flowers that looked like carnations. I hear you about everything growing here. They had some ginormous Fox Gloves plants at the nursery.
    We hope to get a buyer soon too.

Tami, glad you had friend time this weekend. I bet it was fun. 600 people at that banquet! Wow!
    Great workouts!!
    The cats were really happy to see DH.

Erika, how nice that you've found another mother you can share carpooling duties with!
    How exciting about the bathrooms getting updated! I hope you are able to stay healthy.
    It really is frustrating that over 1500 people have looked at the house online and no offer yet. It really is good to have DH here even if he is working.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jessica Smith's 40 Min. Mega Burn, this was is a steady state walk. Should have taken a picture of the snow, because it is gone now. It is raining outside right now.

Laurel, Sounds like a really nice weekend, and Happy Birthday to your DH. Awesome job on the workouts, and that you are getting better and better every day. It has taken me a while to get to doing high impact, so I can understand you taking it easy after your injury. I hope that the weather is good for the road trip, it is suppose to be a lot warmer this week. Our spring weather is so iffy this time of the year. For sure Cathe will not have an outdoor exercise class, the only thing that can probably happen is walking. ;) How fun that you got to do some planting. My daffodils should be blooming in about a week, and the tulips are coming up. It is so fun to see all of them popping out of the ground. I have never done anything like this Road Trip either, so it will be an experience for me also. I'm not staying at the Grand Geneva Resort, but I'm booked into the Holiday Inn not to far away. Wish DH was coming with me, a king size bed all to myself is going to be rough. NOT! :D

Tami, Nice job on the workout. Glad that you had a weekend to socialize, and of course getting to talk to your bff. That is always nice to get all caught up. I hope that the snow stays away, it is almost the end of April. :D I have been doing way to many projects this winter, and then I'm scrambling at the last minute to finish is all up. Sometimes it is just the brain not liking what I am creating, so I let it sit while I think about it. Then at the last minute inspiration hits, and I tackle it all at one time.

Erika, Your weekend sounds enjoyable. Nice that you are getting your bathrooms updated, that is one thing that DH and I have been wanting to do for a while. Our master bath is the one that I want to update. We only have the piles of snow in parking lots right now, and I'm sure that those will probably be gone soon. I'm just wanting some warm temps, and maybe a slightly warmer Easter.

Thelma, LOL about the 40's, you are right that is a heat wave. We are in that heat wave right now, and I'm hoping that it start to be an inferno soon. :D Rocket was at doggy daycare yesterday, so he was pretty lazy when he got home. They celebrated his birthday yesterday, so I now have a picture of him. He has his I'm being tortured face for this photo. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disk 39/Squat Rack Legs followed by S&S Cycle Sweat. I am glad I only have one more week of these leg workouts but I am really glad I did them. My legs feel so much stronger than they did just a few weeks ago. But I will be glad to move on to something not quite as boring after next week. :D

Tami, great workouts! Glad you were able to enjoy some friend time this weekend. Like you said, that’s more important than household chores. Glad you enjoyed Rev’d Up Rumble and the Calorie Crush! That Calorie Crush is such a good add-on to almost any workout. Thankfully I feel just about ready to give it a try again. :)

Erika, your weekend at home sounds great after a busy winter. Yay for the bathroom update! Things like that make all the difference in the world in a home. Glad you are getting more relaxation time.

Thelma, glad you and your DH are getting out and about and enjoying your area. Every time I complain about being cold, I have to remind myself that last year (and the year before as of today) I was in Alaska!! But everything is relative I suppose....and lows in the 30s this time of year here is pretty cold. In Alaska....that would be the high. :o Nope, don’t miss that at all. :)

Laurie, good workout! I figure the weather up there in early May could be beautiful....or not. :) Last night I was telling DH that the golf courses are open at the resort.....but that it also snowed three inches this weekend. He just laughed. We will hopefully be prepared for anything, especially since we are making the trip up to the Upper Peninsula. I have a feeling when we return to Alabama, we will be starting the 100% AC all the time season, so one last blast of fresh, cool air may not be a bad thing. But I could do without snow. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LiTe Metabolic Blast, sure do love that workout. It was a really beautiful day yesterday, and I spent a little time outside with the dogs. They are having a great time with this weather.

Laurel, Great job on those workouts. Nice that your legs have improved so much from doing them. Those are leg workouts that I did enjoy, so will have to revisit them at some point in the future. Will be using my weighted vest for that one for sure. We have had people out on the golf courses around here once the snow melted off the greens. :D They are crazy, but dedicated. That golf course is very nice by the way. The Upper Peninsula is very close to where my parents live. They are about a half hour drive from Ironwood. That area is so beautiful. I really loved going to Porcupine Mountain. LOL about going home to full on AC, that is so amazing that our temps could be so cold and it is just the opposite to the south of us.

Have a great day everyone!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 33/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. For cardio, I started with the cardio segment from Cathe Live Cardio, Barre and Core Meltdown, then went into Cathe Live HiiT It, Strike It and Crunch It for a good 60 minute workout. Felt good!

Laurie, great workout. I think that is Cathe’s best metabolic workout on DVD. Can’t wait to do that one again when we start up our new rotation. I am really looking forward to our drive after the Road Trip through northern Wisconsin and Michigan. My DH has good memories of it from when he was a kid, especially Tahquamenon Falls. I have long wanted to visit Mackinac Island, and then DH has some business to do in Cadillac, MI, so the trip up and over the lakes and down through Michigan really works out for us. Hope your good weather lasts! I spent some time reading outside yesterday because it was so beautiful here. The warmer air feels so good on my body! B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a busy day yesterday at work (YAY) my co-worker has been helping out with the front desk so I have been doing my “old job” full time again, which is great for me!!!! At this point I just want to be busy instead of wondering what is next. Also, my dear friend who recently lost her mom asked me to design her mom’s funeral brochure for her. YIKES. So every spare moment I have had I have been doing that for her. Just found out yesterday and she would like to have it finalized tomorrow. I am glad she asked because you offer “what can I do” and we often don’t know what we need until we need it. Needless to say, very HARD and I didn’t go to gym or workout last night.

Today was STS Shoulders/Bis/Tris and headed to Spinning.

Laurie: Great workouts! Don’t you love that LITE Metabolic Blast. I really look forward to that one so much. I am glad you have had some nice weather after that snow. We have a really nice day coming our way tomorrow and then rain on Friday. Just in time for sunny California on Saturday! Speaking of your brain not liking what you are creating ~ that is what I was going through with this brochure for my friend. It is what I used to do all the time so my creative juices were flowing like crazy before. Now it is like “hmmmmmm” what should I start with. In her grief she didn’t give me a lot to go on either so that made it even harder. I hope she is happy with what I have for a 1st draft.

Laurel: Fabulous job on your workouts (as always) glad to hear your legs are feeling stronger and you are maybe ready to try some higher impact. Such great news! Sounds like a loooooong combo today, great job!

Thelma: Glad you are doing well and sounds like you are busy settling in. How long is your DH there?

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kelly's Build & Burn Cardio Core, another one that I just enjoy doing.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! I always enjoy reading the names of those live workouts. Oh yes that metabolic blast is a great workout. I always feel the muscles the next day, which doesn't happen with a lot of those type of workouts. Especially on the lower body. I love the sound of your trip up north and then into the UP. You will get to go across the big bridge, that thing is scary to me. Well any bridge that long is scary, I had a really hard time in the mountains on bridges. :D You are really going to be traveling a distance for this trip, but I'm sure it will be beautiful at the falls. We are going into some cold weather again tonight, so the warm weather has stopped for a little while. I am waiting for the chance to just veg outside in the sun.

Tami, Great job on your workout. That is very nice of you to do that for your friend, I'm sure you will come up with something that looks great and she will love. So glad to hear that I'm not the only one that suffers from that creative block. I finally was able to finish my painting last night, now all I have to do is some sewing. My mental block was all in how I was going to trace the dove/crown of thorns onto my painted fabric. I had to do a bit of google searching, but landed on graphite paper. It worked really well, but DH had me scared that all this graphite would be all over my paint work. Now all I have to do is sew it up to look like a banner. It looks pretty cool, so I hope it isn't to modern for the church folks. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout theme was ‘fusion’ :) . I started with Cathe Live Lower Body Confusion, which is a mashed up blend of cardio moves, barre, weighted work and work with a fitness loop. Good, tough workout, but, sadly, my Cathe green firewalker band snapped in half during it. :'( So off to try to find an adequate replacement. I find most fitness loops like that to be much harder to work with then Cathe’s though. Anyhow, for cardio, I did Cathe Live Cardio Fusion into Jessica Smith Cardio Core Fusion Flow. All in all.....this was a long, tough workout today. But it felt good to challenge myself like this. Hopefully I still feel that way tomorrow.

Tami, I am so happy you are busy at work again! I hope that continues. I love that you are helping your friend out in her grief. No doubt what you design will be a blessing for her right now. And, no doubt, this is difficult for you to do right now as well. But you have Saturday to look forward to, and I hope it is a wonderful break for both you and your DH!

Laurie, great workout. I guess we were both looking for cardio core workouts today. Now you have me intrigued by the big bridge! I am a bit scared of heights and water.....but bridges fascinate me. :) My one regret from living in Virginia is that we never made it to the bridge that crosses the Chesapeake Bay, which is the longest bridge in the world across water. So I will probably love the bridge.....as long as DH is driving. :p When I am driving across bridges, it is eyes solidly straight ahead for me. B) It will be a pretty long trip, but both DH and I are happy that we will at least be in the same car. :) After those drives to and from Alaska, our perspectives on road trips have completely changed.

Thelma and Erika, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Thursday (how can it already be Thursday)!

This week has been the final week of the Burn circuit of CLX. Still nursing a shoulder injury from Liift4, so taking it light this week. I don't know what it is, but I almost always end up with an injury during my Beachbody workouts if I do them as designed...odd. We've had a mix of weather this week from upper 60's all the way to the lower 40's. But, at least the snow is gone and this weekend is supposed to be beautiful!

Laurel, great job on the workouts and getting the fusion mix in despite the snapping band. I completely can relate to the Cathe bands being easier to work with. I haven't checked if she still sells them on her site? If so, I need to get some too. My green band snapped, and my pink one is getting close!

Laurie, glad to hear you're getting some favorable weather over in WI too. We are in dire need of some warmer, dryer weather, as we've had a lot of lacrosse cancellations due to soaked fields. It's a short season, and my son is itching to get out on the fields!

Tami, yay on keeping busy at work! What a nice compliment to be asked to work on the program for your friend. I can imagine it's a hard thing to do, but I'm sure so very much appreciated. Nice work on the STS workout!

Thelma, a nice walk around the neighboring community sounds perfect, but I'm with you on the 40's being cold. Once we get spoiled with a few 60's, the 40's feel so very cold. We had 67 on Tuesday and 45 here today and I was in a fleece sweatshirt and pants shivering in our house!

We've got a busy weekend planned, so I won't be on again until next week. I hope everyone has an amazing Easter! If I haven't already said it, I'm so thankful to have you ladies here to check in with and share our lives experiences (and workouts)!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, sorry I've been MIA! On Tuesday I did KCM Slim Sculpting. On Wednesday Amped Up Cardio and today, we walked twice up and down the hills in our neighborhood! I can't believe that DH wants to walk around here! He never wanted to walk with me in MA!

Ladies, tonight we got a very good offer on our house! Not only that! These buyers don't have a contingency to sell their house first! We have a conference call with our agent first thing tomorrow morning to talk about a counter offer. Thanks so much for sending us all those good vibes! Please keep them coming a little longer!

We are under a tornado watch tonight again! Laurel, I saw Huntsville on the map for this kind of weather too. I hope you guys are safe!

Tomorrow we get to join some of the people I met at our builder's open house at the local brewery. DH is really looking forward to going there. I hope he enjoys himself because he is kind of shy.

Laurie, fabulous workouts! That JS Mega Burn sounds great! Is that one of her DVDs?

I bet you're glad the snow melted so quickly! How cute that the doggy daycare celebrated Rocket's birthday! How old is he now? 2 or 3? I almost adopted a dog the other day. Someone posted his picture on FB and it was the cutest dog but the lady didn't think he'd be good with cats.
    I'm sure the dogs are enjoying their time together!

Laurel, congrats on the gained leg strength! Great job with those workouts!
    We dropped into the low 30's here too on Tuesday night! We can't complain about temps in the 30's feeling so cold here! We've had really nice temps most of the week. Tomorrow will be a rainy day here.
    Your road trip after Cathe's road trip sounds wonderful! DH worked this afternoon out on the deck. It was beautiful outside. I've been spending more time out in the screened porches and I'm loving it. My eyes and sinuses are suffering because of the pollen!

Tami, so happy for you about finally being busy at work! How sweet of you to help your friend with her mom's funeral brochure!
    I finally feel like I am settling in but it won't be final until I have DH here full-time. He is going back on Sunday and was hoping to come back the following weekend but if the house sells, he'll have to stay in MA to fix whatever comes out of the inspection.
    Great workouts BTW!!

Erika, sorry about your shoulder injury! I find that with some of Cathe's workouts I hurt my shoulder but the workout program that my shoulders love is Body Beast.
    How nice that the snow is finally gone there and that you're expecting a nice weekend!

My body is getting used to the warmer temps here for sure. It's pretty windy here in the mountains and that can keep it on the cooler side. I really rather be cold than hot. I can wear layers when I cold.
    The AC in this house gets pretty cold and I've turned it on a couple of times when the house gets hot at the end of the day when the sun hits it. I have a sherpa lined hoody that I wear around the house when it gets cold.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion.

Laurel, Hey I had a fusion morning also! :D Great job on your workouts, I love the confusion in the title. I'm sorry to hear about your band breaking, that happened to my big band. I got some elastic bands from my dd for Christmas, but have not had a chance to use them yet. They are not suppose to roll up. The MacKinac bridge is what connects the upper to the lower, so if you are heading down through lower MI you will have to go across that bride. I'm sure that you will enjoy going across with your DH driving of course. :D

Erika, Congrats on finishing up the CLX Burn phase. That is interesting about the injury from BB rotations. Makes you wonder what portion of the rotation is causing that. We are suppose to have temps in the 70's for Easter, and I hope that they are right. I so want to wear a dress, and not end up to be frozen. I hope those fields start drying out, we have that same problem around here. There is standing water all over the place, so we do need just a little time without water in any form falling from the skies.

Thelma, That workout is one that I was thinking of doing this morning, but opted for the B&B instead. Nice that your DH is walking with you, I'm sure it is because there is a lot more interesting things to look at in GA. I to hope that he enjoys the time with everyone at the brewery. Hope all goes well with the conference call, and that things become clear about the offer. Rocket is actually 4 years old this year. The time does fly by fast. Yes that JS workout is one of her DVD's from the Walk On series.

Have a wonderful Easter!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I had a fun workout today. I started with LITE PHA2 and Abs 1. Still love this PHA workout! For cardio, I did Rock’m Sock’m Knockout with the Blizzard Blast. Wasn’t sure how my calf would handle all that hopping on one leg in the BB, and, for the most part, it was fine. But it felt SO good to do this workout again. Still my favorite Cathe KB workout.

Erika, I am sorry about the injured shoulder. One of my issues with some of the Beachbody workouts is I feel the warm-ups are not quite right.....even when they are long (like P90X). I have a tendency to use a Cathe warm-up instead because I think, for the most part, that her warm-ups are much more thorough. Just a thought! Anyhow, I hope you continue to heal. And, unfortunately, she no longer sells those loop bands on her site. I have ordered a couple of sets from Amazon and will let you know if I find some that don’t roll up or stick together or all of the other frustrating things I have had with other bands. Enjoy the nice weekend. So happy you are back with us! Happy Easter!!

Thelma, great workouts this week! I am so glad you have been getting out and about with your DH. Yay on the house offer!! That is so amazing! I hope everything goes well and you get an offer both good for you and the buyer. Fingers and toes crossed! No tornadoes here last night, which is good. But lots and lots of rain and, now, pretty cool weather. We are supposed to be in the 40s by this afternoon with the temperature dropping through the day. I don’t mind because next week looks like a solid week of 80’s!

Laurie, great workout! Got to love those fusion workouts. :) I mentioned the bridge to my DH and he knew exactly what bridge you were talking about.....and he hasn’t been up there since sometime in the 1970’s! :o So I am looking forward to that. Can’t believe the Road Trip is two weeks away!!

Tami, hope you have a great trip to California. Happy Birthday, my friend! I know this is one of those birthdays that is considered a milestone, but it is really just a number. Celebrate all your strength and energy and all the lessons life has taught you and just....enjoy!!

Happy Easter!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Ladies, we sold the house!! OMG, we are so blessed! Happy Easter to all of you and thank you, thank you, thank you for sending us good vibes so we could sell the house. Closing is on 5/29.
    The buyers sent us this letter that made me cry:

The minute we drove up to your home we said to ourselves, "Wow." Even from the outside it took our breath away. I (Nicole) took a picture of myself with our two year old son with the house in the background because it was just so charming, I couldn't resist. We took our two children--Elliot, 2, and Simone, 5--to explore the backyard because Simone is a nature lover and adores gardening--the plants, the flowers, the bugs, the soil, all of it. We have promised her that whatever house we find, it will have a yard large and sunny enough to have a vegetable garden. So, my heart leapt when she ran around your backyard and proclaimed "We can move here, this is great!". I agree, the yard has everything we can hope for - plenty of sunshine, space to run around, space for a garden. We can't wait to see the flowers you have lovingly tended come into bloom in the spring and summer.

Then we went inside. We were immediately struck by how sunny the house is, and how well cared-for. The house was immaculate, and with beautiful floors and fresh paint. We were also stunned by the many windows, which let in so much light! It made us happy to think of living in such a light-filled home, and we could easily envision days filled with sunshine, laughter and love.

We pictured our lives in this place. Dinners, prepared in the lovely kitchen on the gas stove (exactly what I wanted!), eaten on the back deck during warm summer nights or in the beautiful dining room on chilly winter nights. Working in the garden with our two little helpers, to keep up all of the hard work you have put into it. The short walk to school from home. The kids taking off their shoes and backpacks in the mudroom in a kind of organized chaos. The kids playing in the loft, which is so spacious it can easily double as a guest room when our parents visit. Both David and I working in the fourth bedroom, since we work from home sometimes and need an office space separate from the kids. David riding a stationary bike in the basement while I run on a treadmill - we had hoped, but not expected to find a house with space for an exercise room, since both of us have developed athletic hobbies over the past year.

We can see how much you have loved this house. From the lovingly tended garden, to the sparkling kitchen and gleaming floors, we appreciate how well you have taken care of this house and we hope to do the same. The house has sparked our imagination and we hope you will give us a chance to bring this vision of joy, light, and fun to life.

Can you believe this letter ladies! So special!
    Thelma