Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We spent Saturday shopping for plants for our deck, which was nice. We found a great local nursery and the people there were really helpful in letting us know what will do best in our yard. Unfortunately we did have some wicked storms pass through so part of the afternoon was spent in the tornado shelter at Lowe’s :o , but all was well. Yesterday was a glorious, sunny and 70 degree day! DH spent the day getting all the new plants in place, and even moved a tree from our front yard to the side where the root won’t interfere with our foundation. Because of my leg, I was, sadly, of little use to him.....but I tried when I could. :)

Saturday workouts were a 25 minute beginning spin class from YouTube, which felt SO good, followed by Jessica Smith Cardio Pilates. Yesterday was STS Disc 19/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by a Jessica Smith walk workout (it was a low impact HiiT one). Today was Leaner Legs! :D I used lighter weight and modified some moves, but my legs were shaking. The good news is when I finished it, my first thought was ‘I want to do that again!’, so I must have found a good balance between pushing myself enough but not hurting myself. We’ll see how the legs feel tomorrow, though. :o For cardio, I did 30 minutes on the Max Trainer. I found a spin class on YouTube with great music where the BPM were perfect for the Max Trainer, and it made those 30 minutes fly by. So my project for today is to find some good music for future Max Trainer workouts. I finished my workout up with the Extended Stretch 2 workout from the LITE series. <3

Thelma, love the sound of your mailbox! Glad you were able to get that sorted out. Sounds like things are beginning to come together for your move. I am glad you were able to take some time to visit your friends in NH. It would be so fun to have them visit you! Sounds like you continue to do what workouts work for you right now. Yep, I am definitely re-thinking my future workouts in light of this injury. Today as I was loving the Max Trainer workout when the endorphins kicked in, I was thinking to myself how an intensity junkie like me can find ways to enjoy working out while aging! While I love the feeling of working hard, though, I also don’t like being hurt. So there is definitely a happy medium I hope to find.

Laurie, sounds like a productive weekend. Great workouts this morning. Looking forward to the photos! Hope you get some good outdoor weather soon. Yesterday felt so nice down here. Of course, we are back to rain today, but at least we had a break! DH and I were even able to eat dinner outside last night!

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~
    Sorry I missed you all on Friday. Due to the slooooooow days I have been sitting at the scanning station scanning files so I wasn’t at my desk. Yes, the non-training is still going on. :/:/ Workouts since I talked to you ladies have been: Thursday night was Cardio Slam, Friday – Spinning after work, Saturday was LITE PHA2 and yesterday was STS Chest/Shoulders/Tris + Abwork. Today is BootCamp after work.

Laurie: Fabulous job on the workouts and even more fabulous is breaking through a plateau!!! WOW, that is such a good feeling. It has been a very LONG time since I have done that so I am super excited for you. Maybe it is the change in “what” you are eating even if it is the same amount of calories. Also, your workouts are different right; like Laurel said if these combos are working for you stay with it. I think when I lift heavy (say Body Beast) that seems to work well with me. Yes, the opening of the hips is definitely helpful in deeper squats. I read that constantly and although I can get to say a 90° angle, it stops there. LOL Your weekend sounds wonderful and busy. We have a snow storm coming tonight and then warm up …. Hopefully that means melting. We are all anxious for some good weather. Beautiful bright days right now but snow and frozen everywhere.

Thelma: Sounds like a very busy weekend for you and also getting closer and closer to your new home ~ light at the end of the tunnel forsure! Will be so nice when you are there and moved in. That is so sad about the unclaimed pets. I can barely watch when the news is promoting a pet for adoption in the a.m. They are so cute. I tell myself not to look and I do. Can't ever imagine not claiming your own pet.

Laurel: Awesome upper body workouts along with the Max Trainer and abwork! I am so thrilled for you that you were able to get in a leg workout with success! Sounds like you are doing all the right things and it will be 100% even sooner than you know it. It is so great you will be getting in some cardio this week. I am sure it is killing you to get back in it. 70 degrees!!!!???!!! I am so jealous. We are supposed to get to the 50’s next Monday. But we will see. Snow tonight so who knows. Yes, I highly recommend that show. If you like This Is Us I think you would like A Million Little Things. I also got myself all caught up with This Is Us. Another show I love.

Have a great afternoon and evening ladies~talk to you all tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no time for a workout today. I spent 5 hours outside the house for my final eye checkup and before I left I managed to clean a few more walls.
    I am so close to finishing the walls! It has to be done on sunny days so I can see what needs the magic sponges. 4 windows left!

I think we hit 50 degrees today and a lot of snow melted. When I got home after 5 pm I did a little packing and I had the window open. I wasn't cold at all. Nice weather for the rest of the week I believe.

Laurie, good idea to get stuff done that will keep you inside the house before the weather gets nice! Great workouts!
    Moving day is sooo close now! I think the mailbox will be a nice addition to the neighborhood. I am glad my friend offered to come to spend a weekend with me too. Peppermint! I think I want to plant peppermint all around the house!!!

Laurel, OMG! I can't believe you had to spend some time at the Lowe's tornado shelter! I am glad nothing bad happened there. I guess those crazy storms are things that you and I will have to learn to live with! How exciting that you already are working on your new garden. I am not sure I'll have anything on the ground this year. I will have flowers on the deck though and I want to get some herb plants as soon as we get to BR.

Great progress with your leg work!!! Fabulous workouts lady! I am sure you will find a happy medium with your workout intensity. I wonder if you should get a trampoline? I saw this trainer on Facebook and I can't remember what the group is called but the class seems pretty intense.
    https://youtu.be/kUIeliqHxkk

Things are starting to come together for the move and I was happily surprised by my friend's offer to spend a weekend with me in BR.

Tami, sorry your manager has not continued with your training. Outstanding work with your workouts!
    I am so very close to moving to BR now. At least I'm not having panic attacks this week. I pray I will be OK.
    The pet situation there is really sad. I can't watch those adoption commercials. I think the Humane Society has a pretty sad one about abused animals. I can't watch that either. Forget about going to the pet store on adoption day!

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got home late last night, so no workout. This morning was Jillian's Lift and Shred Level 1 & Kelly's Body Design Upper Body Strength. I used the weighted vest again, and it worked great.

Laurel, I'm so jealous that you are able to be looking at plants, we are no where near that of course. Great job on your workouts! I'm glad that you are finding things that are working, and fun to do. We should be in the 40's tomorrow, and we have been having some sunny 30's the last two days. Not ready for opening windows quite yet. That is so nice that you where able to get outside to eat. I can't wait to do some grilling. I never thought of finding music on youtube for using the elliptical, that would be a nice option so I will have to check that out. I know that I have some CD's from Cardio Coach that I should pull out. This is the first time that I figured out that they would work on that dang thing. :D

Tami, Sorry to hear that work has gotten so slow, but house buying season is fast approaching and you will be busy busy. Awesome job on all the workouts. You are right it could be what I was eating, and I am really glad to have broken that plateau that I felt I had been on for over a year. Now I'm going to be looking back at what I have been eating, and see if it is super different. All I know is that I was eating more ground type of meat, because I needed things soft. Who would think that meatloaf and mashed potatoes would contribute to weight loss. :D I love seeing the water on the roads, that means we are melting. I'm sure that you are like me and so over all of this snow and cold. ;)

Thelma, You are almost to the finish line with cleaning the house. ;) Nice that your weather warmed up enough to open up the windows. I'm so ready for being able to do that too. LOL about planting peppermint, that isn't a bad idea. If our local gopher would be scared of it, I would plant it in my flower bed. That thing makes tunnels all over the place.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout felt great! I almost felt ‘normal’, which is so good. I am trying really hard not to get ahead of myself because I don’t want to risk re-injury, but if I hadn’t pulled the reins in, I think I would still be in my workout room. :) First time I have felt that in five weeks. Anyhow, my workout was STS Disc 21/Back and Biceps followed by STS Medicine Ball Abs. Then I did Cathe’s LIS Cycle Max 41minute premix. I really felt I could have gone the full hour on this one, but, again, better to be safe since this was only my second attempt at spinning since the injury. Hopefully everything will still feel good tomorrow.

Tami, I am sorry about the slow times at work and no training. I can’t imagine spending the day scanning makes the time pass very quickly. :# I hope something changes soon for you. I have had jobs where I had nothing to do for days on end and I will take crazy busy over that every day of the week. But you have done some great workouts! I hope you are almost done with the snow. Our trees are budding and tulips and daffodils are out, so we are definitely in spring time here, no matter what the calendar says. I know we have oppressive heat and humidity to look forward to in a couple of months.....and I can’t wait! B) Except for my hot flashes, I feel like I have been cold since we left Florida. :p I will be curious what I am saying in July though! :D:D

Thelma, great job with the walls and windows. Your finish line is so close! Yes, the tornado shelter experience was interesting, but the staff handled it very professionally and you could tell everybody here was used to it, which is good. They did what the store personnel asked and there was no sign of either resistance or panic. I am sure you will find that in BR as well. But I did tell DH that I could think of better places to be caught in a tornado than a fully stocked hardware store!! :D:D My oldest sister had a trampoline which she got after she tore her ACL/MCL, and it really helped her recover. I have even seen one person use it in a Cathe Road Trip video! So it is definitely an option for me. But, to be honest, I am hoping I can convince myself more than anything that I don’t need intensity every day. I have been trying to convince myself of it for a few years now.....obviously unsuccessfully. But I knew I was in a head-on collision with an injury if I am being truthful. We’ll see how successful I am at changing my habits since I am.....addicted. o:) But at least I know it! And if I can’t break it, I love your suggestion!

Laurie, great workouts this morning! Interesting that the minor modification in your diet broke your plateau! Makes me wonder what just a nudge in my diet could do to get me where I want. I will have to give that some thought! I pretty much eat the same thing every day with dinner being the only meal I modify.....and even that is pretty mundane. B) A ‘foodie’ I am not! :D Maybe my body would like a change. :) Anyhow, I realized in doing the Max Trainer workout yesterday with good music how much difference good music can make! I wasn’t bored at all! There are some great playlists on YouTube and iTunes for working out.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Ended up not going to BootCamp after all last night …. The Gonzaga Mens team was playing and DH and I made dinner and watched the game instead. He was pretty shocked I came home instead of BC. They are beyond amazing this year and it is fun to watch them. This a.m. was STS Legs.

Thelma: Happy to hear you are not having panic attacks this week! That is definitely a plus. :)
    My job: I am sorry too that I am not being trained. It is super frustrating and although it seems slow we have a lot of open orders for the company so everyone else is super busy; which is her reasoning for not having time to train me. The bad news is that it will always be busy for her – especially if this is her catch up busy time. So I am just trying to still be patient but it has been a very long time now of waiting. Thank you as always for the kudos on my workouts! I appreciate that.

Laurie: Great job with the JM Lift & Shred 1 + KCM Upper Body strength. Again, glad that weighted vest is doing the trick for you in lifting heavier. As I was saying to Thelma (above) it is slow as far as day-to-day for me and the other office staff but not for the Title Officers or Escrow Dept. we still have orders coming and, which thank goodness it isn’t slow there but she is busy with that and other things. I don’t know. She has to see me scanning files and know that she needs to have me doing anything else that is in the right direction of helping the dept. OMG! This weather. So this a.m. just as they predicted we had snow coming down like crazy. Now it has turned to a wet rain/snow and by Monday it is supposed to be 55 degrees. Bring it on … have the melt happen already. LOL

Laurel: Fabulous combo again today! It is super frustrating forsure to be doing almost nothing. Really makes me feel un-needed and like I have gone backwards instead of forwards forsure. Plus the days and weeks are dragging. I know it is temporary but now would be the perfect time to be trained. Once it is super “summer time” busy she won’t have any time and I will be doing what I have been doing. The lady that I trained is also wondering what in the world is happening. She knows she was hired to help free me up for more training. She is also looking for things to do. :/ I am super jealous of your spring time weather. Ours is coming, eventually but its coming. It has too!

Have a great afternoon ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I only had time for a quick Leslie Sansone workout today. I had a very busy day. Tomorrow I have my final appointment with my rheumatologist.

Laurie, nice workout combo! You will finally hit temps in the 40's! Yaay! You're getting there!
    Gophers can be such a pain to deal with! I gave up planting a garden at our previous home becuase of a gopher. I would totally plant mint all around the house if I knew it would keep all mice away!

Laurel, fabulous workout today! So happy you are recovering quickly.
    How comforting that the Lowe's employees knew what to do in case of a tornado. I'm sure you would've rather be in another shelter rather than the hardware store's tornado shelte! LOL

This injury is making you think long and hard about your cardio possibilites. The trampoline is certainly a good choice.

Tami, so glad you allowed yourself a free night in order to watch a game with your hubby!

I hope your boss decides to start training you soon. I think that a busy time is the perfect time to train somebody so they help others.

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was Jillian's Kickbox FastFix Workout 1 and Kelly's RAW Cardio Finisher.

Laurel, You are doing so great on pulling the reins on your workout, and of course they all looked like they where awesome. I also find it interesting that this happened with the food, I guess that changing it up a bit really did help. Now in some cases I was eating soup, which I really don't do that often. I bought canned soup, and not very good for me type. I'm a sucker for the Chunky Clam Chowder, and again that is all full of potatoes. Hey changing it up is worth a shot. I'm just super happy that the weight moved, and it appears that it is still doing so. I'm going to be checking out those playlists, I really want to use my elliptical more. It needs to be loved every once in a while.

Tami, Great job on the leg workout. That sounds like a lot of fun to just head home to watch the bb game with your DH. I'm sure that it was fun. I hope that the file scanning is replaced by training very very soon. ;) I'm sure that you are super bored with that project. I can relate to the weather thing, we have rain today. They said that we may have a thunderstorm tonight, and temps in the 60's by Friday. I was having a really hard time deciding what coat to wear this morning. Weather can change so quickly around here.

Thelma, Nice job with the Leslie workout. Funny how those temps are like a heat wave around here. Now we are seeing all the guy's that like to wear shorts all the time coming out of the woodwork. They really did have to wear pants this winter, since it was so cold.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I started with Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, and for being 20 years old, this workout is still really tough with the right weight. Really enjoyed doing it again.....the 90s hair and outfits aside. :) For cardio, I did 40 minutes on the Max Trainer (with some good music!) and finished it off with a 15 minute Ab and Core workout from Jessica Smith. Loved this core workout because it was a great blend of standing/balance and floor work with nearly as much focus on the back as the abs.

Tami, sounds like a nice night at home. I am sorry about the continuing frustrations at work. I hope you get some spring weather soon! We are near 70 again today ahead of another storm tomorrow. But I will take it over snow every day! My sisters in Denver are under a blizzard warning.....again. So I feel very fortunate.

Thelma, sounds like you are getting all your appointments in before moving...and still finding time to get in a workout. Great job!

Laurie, great workouts! I think the biggest struggle with me and my diet is finding balance. I have a tendency to bounce between too restrictive and all-out-crazy-bad. :o Not good. My goal since the start of this year is to stop that and it seems to have worked though I would like to lose a few pounds. So maybe shaking up what I am eating and focusing a little less on how much night help. I’ve always said that for me, the exercise part of all this is the easy part. When it comes to diet.... :# . but I keep trying!! Anyhow, adding the music to the Max Trainer workouts has resulted in me seeing the Max Trainer completely differently. Before.....I saw tortuous boredom. Now......I see a great workout that doesn’t hurt my joints. You asked last week if I would be using it after I heal and I answered ‘I hope’. This week, the answer is ‘Yes!’ Poor DH doesn’t know that I have taken ownership of his exercise machine yet, :p

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well last night I headed home again and watched the Gonzaga Mens team lose their first game since the beginning of the season. It was so hard to watch. Fun evening with DH though, so that is the silver lining there …. And last time they did this in their super fabulous season it lead them to the final four! Here’s hoping history repeats itself. LOL This a.m. was STS Back/Bis and tonight will be Spinning.

Thelma: Way to get in your LS workout today! Did you get a good referral for your new rheumatologist when you move? Thanks for the encouragement on my evening off to spend time with DH! It was so nice. Sometimes it just feels good to head home or sleep in and I fight the guilty feelings sometimes. I truly hope my boss decides too also. I know she wants me to know stuff so I can help them when it gets busy but taking the time to make that happen is another issue ….. I guess. LOL

Laurie: Excellent job with the JM KB + KCM Cardio Finisher. Today at work I am happy to report I was able to do my “usual” job all to myself. The other lady I trained they have learning some order entry at our front desk so she was up there all am. It was then up to me to do the typing and it was glorious! I am going to the courthouse this afternoon to learn the ropes there too. So that will be like a “field trip”. Yesterday our snow was supposed to turn to rain so I wore a down vest to work. Well it was still dumping snow when I left so that was the wrong choice. Snowed all night but today it has heated up and starting to melt! WOOHOO.

Laurel: Definitely another fabulous combo in you “Laurel Fashion” so great! Love the mention of the 90’s hair and outfits …. I have that workout too and it makes me laugh. So great the Max Trainer is working so well for you in your rehab of your injury and that you have now found another love to your workout regime! YIKES for your sister. We had snow all night but as I mentioned to Laurie, it is officially starting to melt today. YAHOO.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

The melting has really begun, we have 50 degrees this morning! It was hard to figure out what to wear, because you don't want to be to warm. I'm sure that I will have my coat off when I head to the oral surgeon this afternoon. I'm getting my stitches out today, so I'm hoping that I can now chew on both sides of my mouth. ;) This mornings workout was Jillian's Lift & Shred Level 1 and Kelly's RAW Legs & Glutes Finisher. Another great combo, and I'm really feeling it in my lower body. I used the weighted vest through both workouts, and on the glute bridges Kelly said to put the vest on the hips. Awesome way to add weight to that move also.

Laurel, Your workouts sound great, and I love the sound of that Jessica workout. I will have to look that one up. LOL about the outfits and hair in the PS workouts, it really is a great workout if you can get past all of that. Even the music is kind of blah. I agree with you on the exercise being the easy part, because I have made that a habit. Eating is tough, since I like food. I guess that is a tough thing for a lot of people. I like ice cream every once in a while, and I think that I can actually have that. It was one of my soft foods that I had. I just allowed for that to be in my diet, and didn't worry about it being bad for me. I love that you are taking over the Max Trainer, that is what I'm going to be doing with they elliptical. I'm going to try out some of those tunes tomorrow and then do some yoga afterward. Those blizzards can disappear before they head toward us. :p

Tami, Nice job on the workout. I love that you where back to your normal routine at work, and not having to do scanning. Enjoy your field trip today. :D Dang on the Gonzaga loss, but you are right some teams need that loss to get going for March Madness. We are heading out on our usual afternoon out to watch the first round games, always have a ton of fun doing that with people I work with. I'm glad to hear that you are starting the melting also, I can totally understand the want to wear the vest. I wore my winter coat today, but I had it unzipped.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was Pure Strength Legs and Abs followed by Cathe’s Pedal Power Timesavers #3. I went heavier with the leg workout, which felt good. Every day is another step forward, which is so nice!

Tami, I am sorry about the Gonzaga loss, but as you and Laurie say, it could be good for them. But I am glad you enjoyed the evening with your DH. Yay for the melting! Hope that continues. Denver really got hit hard yesterday with wind, ice and snow. Thankfully both my sisters were home before it got too bad. We may see that storm here this evening. Fingers crossed for no tornadoes!

Laurie, hope all goes well at the oral surgeons today. I am sure it will be a relief to get those stitches out! I love your philosophy on ice cream. My oldest sister has sometimes asked me for diet advise. She is one that has a tendency to go on diets like The Mediterranean Diet or Atkins....and just can’t stick with them. I always tell her that I think it is pointless to go on a diet that eliminates foods you just can’t live without. For me, that is peanut butter. I don’t care how many calories or how much fat or whatever it has...l am going to eat it! So I love that you eat ice cream without any associated guilt. Honestly, one thing I am trying to do is eliminate any negative mental words with food.....like ‘cheat’ or even the supposedly positive ‘guilt free’. I am also trying to break the habit of saying I ‘earned’ something. Actually, I think I am waking up to the idea that I am an adult and can eat whatever I want if I so choose! :) My mother had this philosophy for about the last ten years of her life. She LOVED ice cream, especially Arby’s vanilla shakes. If that is what she wanted for dinner, that is what she ate. Something I never thought I would see when I was growing up and having unwanted vegetables forced on me! :D While I am nowhere close to eating ice cream for dinner (yet), I do think more and more that my food choices should be about what I want. And, honestly, I am finding out that what I want is actually better for me than I give myself credit for!! Give me fresh fruit every day over a cookie. :p Anyhow, great workouts! Love the idea of using the weighted vest on the hips for bridge work.

Thelma, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ We had a great Spin class last night, despite poor Katy not being able to participate again. She started out and her hamstring cramped up so she got off the bike and taught/lead the class from her feet. She always feels bad to not be on a bike while we are and yet it is still a great workout! This a.m. unfortunately I hit the snooze and then my phone died so the next thing I knew it was 6:15. WHAT?!? :s So I am hoping tonight after work I can sneak one in before DH gets home. We will see. Super nice weather today … sunshine and might reach 40 degrees! WOOHOO.

Laurie: I hope all went well getting your stitches out today. YIKES. That just makes me feel anxiety but I know you won’t feel anything. It will be nice to chew on the other side I am sure. I feel the same way in just having my temporary crown, can’t imagine truly not being able too. Excellent combo this a.m. and another great method for using your weighted vest. Nicely done. Fingers crossed for the Zags that it is what they needed. Not only being a local team to cheer for, they have had such an amazing season with remarkable players it would be sad to see it get to them now.

Laurel: WOW on the workout! Sounds like you are just about there to 100% other than just being cautious “just in case” way to go. I saw the Denver storms on the news this a.m. YIKES. I am glad your sisters made it home safely. Funny on the eating and your mom having ice cream … that is all my mom wanted during the time at my sisters. We would tell her she could have as much as she wanted and she did! Which was still a bird like helping but it was something. Love that you are getting yourself into the mindset of whatever I want because really those choices aren’t bad. I try to do that and then the guilt sets in even for just the smallest of pleasures unless I have worked out and burned a bunch of cals. :( Not good mindset I know but definitely a habit at this point in my life. I always feel like if I could just get to my goal I would be easier on myself ….. I don’t know that I would though.

Hi Thelma :)

Have a great rest of your day/evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow ….. Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, no workouts the last two days. Yesterday I hurt my knee in the weirdest of ways. We have a little bit of a step up out of our bedroom and the treshhold is raised. I stepped on the treshhold and OUCH! I felt this sharp pain deep in my knee and right away I felt the same throbbing I feel when I develop a muscle imbalance. Weird! I massaged my leg and it was better this morning.

The last two days have been busy but I accomplished a lot. I'm doing deep cleaning of appliances. I did the washing machine. I will never again buy a front loader. What a pain in the neck it is to clean those huge rubber gaskets. I did the oven, toaster oven and air fryer. OMG, I finished all the windows today! I also desinfected (3 times!) a hard dog crate I got from a neighbor. It was filthy. I sprayed a Lysol bleach cleaner and scrubbed the life out of it over the weekend and I attacked it again today with the Lysol bleach cleaner followed by a Mr. Clean Magic sponge scrubbing. That thing looks so clean now! I was not going to have my cats travel in that thing unless I cleaned it to death.
    I was so tired tonight I could've cried. My right hand is hurting again. At least I have the satisfaction that I've helped DH get the house ready as much as I can.

Tomorrow I have a lot of errands to run and will meet my co-workers for lunch. I feel I deserve a break!

I still have a little packing to do and a couple of kitchen cabinets, the refrigerator to clean and bathroom walls which will be quick. I do need to spend a few hours in the attic but DH will have to clean the stuff that's in there.

DH had the trailer hitch installed today. He has to take the Jeep to the dealer on Monday so they can activate the trailer lights. That trailer hitch sticks out. It's going to hurt if we accidentaly walk into it.

Ladies, wonderful job with your workouts!
    Laurie, what's up with those people wearing shorts in the winter? Too funny! My aunt from Italy took a picture of a guy wearing shorts one winter so she could show her husband proof that people do that here! LOL

Laurel, excellent progress with your leg workouts! I'm with you on diets. Either very strict and by the book or out of control. I bought a magnetic menu planner for the refrigerator to help me get my act together in BR. I've been better this week which is good cause I've gained 4 lbs since December.

Tami, poor Katy seems to be dealing with lots of injuries! You will probably get a crash course on whatever you need to learn when work really busy!
    No referral from the rheumatologist. I have to find my own doctors. The doctor I will have a hard time finding is my ophthalmologist. My current doctor specializes in autoimmune diseases of the eye and dry eyes. I know what drops I need prescriptions for the dry eyes but the autoimmune part will be hard to find. There is a big hospital about one hour from BR which I need to research. I am hoping it is like the hospital I go to for all my doctors and labs today. One stop shopping!

Have a good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

TGIF! The stitches are out, and I can chew on both sides. I'm not able to have crunchy hard things, so no crackers or chips. :D We are getting a mix of snow/rain this morning, so kind of dreary. Inspired by Laurel, I went to Youtube and found a mix of music and hopped on my elliptical. I started hiking through some mountain in Chili SA, and that was fun to do with the music mix. It was a 3 mile course, and the mountain climb was at the beginning. I popped in Kelly's Body Design Yoga Flow Stretch after that.

Laurel, Congrats on getting to do a great leg workout! That one has to be a fav of mine. Those "diets" don't work unless you are totally committed to doing it long term. I could never do that, so it was better to just eat what I liked in smaller portions. Which reminds me DH has lost 25 lbs, and he looks really good. He has to get a new belt, because he is on the second to last hole in the current belt. I'm very happy for him, and really glad that he is committed to taking this weight off. I know that I will never get him to workout, but he is okay with walking. We will be going on longer walks when this weather improves. I love the mint shakes from Culver's, and I think that I may have to get one now that I can use a straw again. I like your mothers view on food, I don't like to limit myself on the things that I enjoy. I know that I can't have them everyday though. Maybe when I'm a lot older, I will be enjoying those foods more often like your Mom did. :D

Tami, Glad that you had a great workout despite the fact that Katy couldn't workout with you. I hope that you where able to get in a workout later. We had those nice temps yesterday, but it was pouring rain. ;) No pain at all with the removal of the stitches, it was very anti climatic. ;) I have to go back in 3-1/2 months to get xrays and to see how the bone is doing. After that will be the insertion of the rod, which the oral surgeon said would be the easiest part of the process. Let's hope so. We have a couple of teams that are hopefully going into the tournament. I always enjoy watching local teams try their hardest to advance.

Thelma, I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing some injuries from that tripping and cleaning. I hope that you heal quickly. That crate sounds really really horrible, and good for you getting it so clean. I'm impressed with all the cleaning that you have gotten finished without caving in and getting a cleaning service. ;) It will be move in ready after you are finished. I once saw a young kid walking to school in shorts, sneakers and a hoodie while it was blowing snow. I just shook my head and prayed that he didn't get really sick.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, I tried something different today, and I am not sure how I feel about it yet. But I started with Pure Strength Back, Biceps and Abs, which felt great. Then I did Jessica Smith’s 4 Mile Power Walk. I recently bought her 4, 5 and 6 mile walks from Amazon. This one, when doing all the miles, is about 75 minutes long, and I did all 75 minutes. This was my first attempt at any dynamic moves outside of Cathe’s warm-ups for her strength training. So I am very happy to have gotten through 75 minutes! And I really enjoyed all four of the one-mile walks. And it felt great to do something that involved total body movement. But I would be lying if I said it felt great on my calf. :| There was no pain necessarily.....just a tightness. I suppose that is to be expected. And my calf felt tired at the end of it, which I think is actually good. My concern about both the spin cycle and Max Trainer is that I can ‘baby’ that leg on those machines, whereas it is impossible to do that in some of those side-to-side motions and such. So next week’s plan is to alternate days between a cardio machine and a walk workout like today and see how it goes. I am so looking forward to the day when I can do the LITE cardio workouts again!!! But I think I am a couple of weeks (at least) away from that right now.

Tami, I am glad you enjoyed the spin class, but I am sorry Katy is still having problems. Kudos to her for keeping up with teaching, though! I so appreciate everything you said about the food issue! I recently found a podcast about intuitive eating, and, honestly, there is quite a bit on these podcasts that I don’t agree with (so I am not going to recommend them unless asked), but the one recurring theme brought up is the tie between self-esteem and food. And, boy, does that hit the nail on the head for me! I mean, just yesterday as an example, I had two bananas with breakfast because they were turning....and it made me feel guilty! :o Well, it did until I silently yelled at myself ‘it is a banana!!!!!!’ But it really is crazy how sometimes I can get spun up about food....for no reason at all. Like you said....it is a habit. A bad one that I hope, over time, I can break. :)

Thelma, sorry to hear about the injury. But you have been working so hard for so long, this was probably your body’s way of saying ‘I need a break!’ So I am glad you are taking one today. But it sounds like you are making great progress with the house. Your move is about a week away, right? So exciting!! I hope your menu planner helps you when you get to BR. I think one of the reasons I eat the same thing over and over again is I hate meal planning. B) I need to work on that!

Laurie, glad to hear the stitch removal went well! Great workouts! Glad you found a good soundtrack for using your elliptical. I bet the yoga after felt great. Wow on your DH’s weight loss! I bet he feels so much better. My DH continues to lose weight, but the working out has gone by the wayside again. He was doing so well, then a couple of late nights at work and.....that was all. And, of course, I made a recommendation for how to get back in track, and since he is allergic to my workout recommendations ;) , that was that! But at least he is still working on his weight. I totally agree with everything you said about food. I think Jillian Michaels, way back when she did her podcast, recommended something like a 75/25 or 80/20 ratio of healthy vs not-so-healthy calories, and that has been swirling around my head lately as a starting point for looking at things I enjoy that may not be the best thing for me not as ‘cheats’ or something I need to earn but just as part of my day.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my knee bothered me all weekend. I was limping around on Friday night and Saturday. It is a little better today. I've not worked out at all other than working around the house. I don't think I'll be able to get any workouts in all week.

It's been a busy weekend for us. On Saturday I asked DH if we could see how the cat crates would fit in my car. So glad we did that because we ended up setting them and they are already in the car. We secured them with bungee cords. Our move is on Saturday ladies!

Our washer and dryer are in a closet on the second floor and the washing machine has a pan under it in case it leaks. We moved the machines out and cleaned in the back. it was pretty dusty and so was the washer's pan. Everything looks so clean now! If you ever have a choice don't get a laundry closet!

What I've learned about this never ending house cleaning is that the house is dirty (by my standards) because I've had a cleaning lady all these years. No one cleans your house the way you do!

Today I cleaned the living and dining rooms. Dusted and polished all the furniture including our faux leather sofas. It looks great!
    OMG, I looked at my clean window sills in the living room and they were dusty again! MY heart sank to my feet when I saw that! It was much easier to clean this time though.

The stained oven door was driving us crazy so today DH took the door apart and I was able to get to the inner glass and clean it. Soooo much better!

I told DH that as a cleaning lady I'd go out of business very quickly because of the deep cleaning I do. He said either that or you'd be able to charge premium prices because of the deep cleaning.
    We installed a new vanity in our second bathroom. It looks better now!
    On Friday I met my co-workers and it was a lot of fun.

Laurie, so glad your stitches are out! You can't have crunchy hard things temporarily right? Maybe you can do what I did for the cats' crunchies! I softened their crunchies with hot water. LOL

I love the idea of hiking on your elliptical! What kind do you have? We are giving away our treadmill and hope to get an elliptical machine in GA. Great workout!

OMG, I can't believe your DH has lost 25lbs!! Congrats to him!
    The dog crate was pretty gross but thankfully not anymore!
    I don't think I will ever hire a cleaning service as long as I can do the cleaning myself. I'm paying dearly because of years of cleaning services. I used to have an amazing cleaning lady but lost her when we moved to our current location.
    I want the new owners to say: this house is incredibly clean! The house will be move in ready for sure.
    Kids are crazy in the winter! I see a lot of kids waiting for the school bus in the middle of winter when it's cold and snowy wearing a sweatshirt and no gloves!

Laurel, your are doing great! Congrats on doing the 75 minute JS workout!! I think the calf tightness is expected given that you've been nursing an injury and all of a sudden you did something different. I hope the tightess went away.
    I think you're right about being a couple of weeks away from being able to do LITE cardio workouts again. You are getting there though!
    I've been pretty close to tears the last few days because my body is so tired of cleaning. I've been feeling sorry for myself but I need to keep pushing through. Our move is this coming Saturday! I can't believe it!
    I also like to eat the same things over and over again but I've done meal planning in the past and it helps. I've never used a planner though. Since I'm going to be by myself I will give this planner a shot.

Hi Tami!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very busy weekend, I got the current banner I'm working on painted. I'm using acrylic with a medium, so that I can heat set it and it should be good for years. It really does look amazing, but I need to sew it up and hang it in the church. I don't want to make the same mistake as I did with the last one. Before I paint the dove on, I want to make sure the background is not to dark or light. Anyway working on that all weekend, and I didn't do any workouts. I get so caught up in this mindset, that time gets away from me. I start out right away in the morning, and then finally get done and realize it is dark. My DH is very patient with me doing all of this. Our kitchen table is covered in plastic for this. ;) I did take a break and we went to see the Captain Marvel movie, and it was actually pretty good.

This morning I woke up with a sinus headache, so I wanted to do something that was tough but not bouncing around. I chose to do KCM's 30MTF Trim Down Workout 1, and that was perfect. If I have the motivation after work I want to get in something else, because the workout helped the headache. :D

Laurel, Good job on the PS workout, but I'm sorry that the walking length was bothering your calf. I like your plan to alternate the workouts to get your calf relief, but also trying to strengthen it. I hope that it started to feel better the next day. LOL about doing those LiTe workout, I so want to do that rotation also. My experiment seems to be working, I lost another pound this last week, even with only doing 5 days of workouts. I have not clue as to why this is working, but I'm loving the workouts and the results. Or again, my body might be changing again, as it is going through menopause. You will laugh at the sound track that I chose, it was 70's and 80's music. :D Sorry to hear that your DH has discontinued the working out. I'm giving up with my DH, and just going with the walking. At least he is still doing that in the mornings with us. Great way to look at the meal thing, I know that since I have included those things that I enjoy into my diet, I have not had those nasty cravings and then eating everything I see. That was the hardest thing for me. I now come home and don't want to chow down a bag of chips. ;)

Thelma, Wow on all the cleaning, I know that my house is no where near that clean. We had a laundry closet when we where living in an apartment during our house build. That thing was such a mess, so I totally understand what you are talking about. I think that you could charge premium $ if you deep clean like that. I know that my spring cleaning is coming up soon. I just have to get motivated, and of course the weather has to warm up a lot more. Opening the windows in the low 40's isn't warm enough yet, but this week is suppose to be a lot warmer. I'm going to guess that the new owners will be very happy not to have to clean before moving in. When my dd moved into her home, we had to clean everything. I just couldn't let their silverware move into an unclean cupboard. I hope that your move goes really well, and that the cats love their new home.

Have a wonderful day!

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had sunshine all weekend which made for a nice change. It was cooler, but the sunshine more than made up for that! DH kept talking to our trees yesterday begging them to get leaves! Had me laughing. :D

The workouts this weekend went well. Saturday I started with XT Ride Express Ride #3 premix followed by Jessica Smith Feel Good Fusion. That latter workout was such a pleasant way of spending 30 minutes! I was an easy body movement without too much focus on anything. I will definitely do that one again on my recovery days. Yesterday was STS Disc 22/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by the four mile premix from Jessica Smith’s Five Mile Mix and Match Walk DVD. I felt much more comfortable on this one than I did on Friday! In fact, I really enjoyed it and would have done all five miles if I had the time. Today was Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower. :) I met or exceeded Cathe’s weight throughout and it felt SO wonderful to do a Cathe workout like that all the way through without any modification. I followed it with 45 minutes on the Max Trainer and then LITE Abs and Stretch #2 segments. Good stuff!

Thelma, I am sorry your knee continues to bother you. I think it best you give this week a break from workouts as you continue to work so hard on the house. Of the many many lessons I have learned through all these moves it is about how dirty houses can get! And that is even with doing some good cleaning! We hired a company to clean our house in Florida when we moved out because I just couldn’t handle it with everything else......but after they were done, I wish I had done it myself. I would have done a better job, no doubt. B) And, as you say, paying somebody to do a lesser job than what I would do doesn’t appeal to me at all. So even though I don’t like to clean, I will do the cleaning until I no longer can, that’s for sure. I am so excited for you, Thelma. I know this last week in Massachusetts will be tough, but I think you are going to love your life in BR!!

Laurie, what a great way to spend a weekend! I love getting lost in projects like that, but don’t let myself really do it anymore. But it all sounds so wonderful! Glad you enjoyed the movie. I want to see that one. I have just in the past year or so become a Marvel movie fan. We watched Black Panther just a couple of weeks ago, and I really enjoyed that movie. Needless to say, I have a lot of catching up to do with Marvel movies since I didn’t watch many of them. :s I can think of worse things, though. Great job with the weight loss! Love that whatever is working is working so well! I haven’t weighed myself since we left Florida, so I go with how I feel about my weight as opposed to how much I actually weigh. And since the injury, I have just felt....not good about my weight. :/ So Friday DH and I are headed out, and I decided to put on a pair of old, old jeans from way back when when I first lost the weight while living in Los Angleles (10 years ago). And they were way loose on me....which they haven’t been in a few years! :o:o So maybe I am not doing as badly as I think I am. Regardless, that did push me over a little ‘frustration’ bump I had been struggling to get over. Suffice it to say.....I am not good with injury. :#>:) Love the soundtrack you used for the elliptical!

Tami, hope you had a good weekend.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Monday! We have had some beautiful sunshine all weekend and supposed to be 60° by Wednesday! WOOHOO. I cannot believe how much better I feel. Workouts: Saturday I did LITE Body Weight & Bands just to try it out for the 2nd time and I just wanted something sort of light feeling for some reason. Felt great. Yesterday I opted to do a longer upper body workout and went with Ramped Up Upper Body Extreme (doubled) pre-mix. Today will be Spinning after work.

Thelma: Your weekend sounds absolutely exhausting and at the same time very gratifying to have completed all the cleaning you have done! I bet you are beyond ready for the move. I am sure you need a huge break right now both mentally and physically. Hang in there lady ~ the time to celebrate is almost here!

Laurie: I’m glad the stitches removal went well! Sounds like a nice hike through the mountains you had too! Very fun. That’s fantastic about your husband ….. 25 lbs! WOW. Congrats on the banner turning out so amazing! I bet it makes you feel really good. Great job with the workout this a.m. despite the sinus headache. Hopefully it was short lived.

Laurel: Your workouts sound fantastic! I bet all that waling on JS’s workout Friday did cause some tightness but it sounds like the workouts you put in over the weekend all is good now! I have looked at that JS Feel Good Fusion many times … I’m happy to hear it is a nice one. Sounds like you are doing great with your calf! Wonderful news.
    Thank you as well for sharing your food thoughts/”habits” .. it’s just programmed in my mind I think so it just keeps going. Until I work on changing my mindset I suppose. That’s funny on the bananas because I would have been the exact same way. LOL As if a 2nd banana is going to tip us over the edge. LOL

Have a great evening ~ talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami