Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another tough workout today. I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps......double trouble. The bicep section was brutal twice!! No doubt I am building up some good endurance right now which is good. I followed it with Intensity!

Erika, I am really glad to hear things are going all right this week. I hope it continues! Congrats on getting back to the workouts, and it sounds like they are perfect for you right now! Enjoy your long weekend!

Tami, good option to stay out of the heat. I bet your lower body is feeling those workouts though! Great work! I completely understand staying at home with your pup for the 4th. Poor things get so scared! I guess they are going to allow a public firework show in Colorado Springs this year, but private fireworks are still banned. So we should have a pretty quiet 4th.

I will see you all next Monday. Enjoy the holiday and weekend!

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. DH and I did. We got quite a bit of work done around the house. We golfed. And we went house hunting in Denver. We are trying to decide whether we want to stay in Colorado when he retires from the AF next year, and decided to see if we think it is even feasible cost-wise. We still don't know, but it was a fun few days looking at houses.

I got my workouts in, though I didn't do any 'double trouble' workouts on Friday or yesterday due to time. But today I was back at it with XTrain Chest, Back and Shoulder Double Trouble premix....which felt fantastic! I followed it with Step Blast and the abs/core from Step, Jump and Pump. It was a good, fun combo today.

Off to clean the house! Hope you all are well!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

It was so nice having a few days off of work, even if we didn't do much besides lounge around at home! Hubby still isn't up to doing much outside the house, so I took the boys to the beach one day and we went running errands another day. The heat has cranked up again here, I can't wait for a cool down (lower 80's!).

Workouts have been great, and my spirits are up now that hubby was able to return to work after 3 weeks off. I needed that to happen for my own sanity! Workouts have been great throughout this ordeal.

Tami--Nice work on STS Total Body in place of outdoor Boot Camp! :bigsmile: I hope you had a relaxing 4th of July and Emma made it through all the noise. My hubby brought our pups out for fireworks and Finnegan just sat and watched them (no fear) while Lily curled in the tightest ball she could while whining. Needless to say, the dogs missed the grand finale!

Laurel--Girl, my muscles are sore just from reading of your double trouble line ups!!! :laugh: I bet your body is loving the workouts though, great job! Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend and a fun time looking at houses. I love doing that (more so when I'm doing it for fun, and not in a time crunch to find something quick!).

Hi Laurie and Michelle!

Time to get dinner going so I can get the youngest off to lacrosse. Full week of sports this week as my oldest starts his 2nd summer sport tomorrow...ugh, what were we thinking?!?!?

Erika
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Hopefully everyone had a great 4th of July holiday. :smile: We had a very quiet 4-day weekend, which was pretty nice. I enjoyed some good workouts: Thursday I did Cathe’s BootCamp and then went on a 12 mile bike ride, Fri was XT Cardio Leg Blast, Sat I did Peak 10 Cardio/Strength Remix and yesterday was a 16 mi bike ride. Trying to find some routes I can go on while feeling safe from traffic and not too remote due to being by myself; one street can be one or the other.:wink: I also took the kids for walks and enjoyed the sunshine. We stayed at home and BBQ’d with some friends on Sat. Today’s workout is BootCamp.:smile: Currently it is a summertime rain storm so fingers crossed we will be inside! It might clear off by then though.

Laurel: Sounds like you had a nice relaxing time as well! :bigsmile: That’s fun you went house hunting to get a feel for the market/houses, etc. Nice job getting in the workouts …. DBL trouble or not you always hit it hard! Such an inspiration! :flowerforyou: I’m hoping to mix in XT: Chest/Back/Shoulders workout, absolutely love that one. :heart:

Erika: I bet it was great timing having some extra days off with all that you have been going through! :smile: Sounds like it was relaxing Emma was definitely nervous. I ended up giving her a Benadryl and she went into the laundry room to sleep a bit. One of the guys I work with bought her a doggy t-shirt to have the feeling of being snuggled up, he thought it was worth a try. I put that on for a while. So between the drugs & t-shirt she slept for a while, which was good. :ohwell: Poor girl. Our weather sounds similar to yours. Tomorrow is upper 80’s and then down to lower 80’s the rest of the week. Good luck with the sports and shuttling this week! hang in there lady.:wink:

Hello Laurie & Michelle :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,456 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Had a very busy week, and of course a very busy weekend. Seemed a little strange not to be going to the faire this weekend, but DH and I where having fun with friends that we have not seen in years. On the 4th we went to a car show, and saw a lot of old friends. DH found out that his car wasn't in as bad of shape as he thought. Just needed a little cleaning in the interior and engine. Did some yard work on Friday and Saturday, but at least it was more getting rid of wild raspberry bushes than having to get bush roots out. :wink: Did have to move some big rocks so I considered that a weight workout. :laugh: On Saturday I did a 1.5 mile run, and Sunday was an 60 min. fast walk. I was glad that I got that one in early in the morning, because it really got humid after that. This morning I wanted to work out with Tom Holland, so I did S90 Total Body. That was FUN! :bigsmile: I think I need to do some stretching tomorrow though.

Laurel, I can believe that your biceps where worked good from the Gym Style workouts. The leg one always gets me when she starts that lunge sequence. Nice that you where able to get in some fun stuff this weekend. I have been having fun enjoying the sunshine without having to be covered from head to foot. I actually have a tan!:noway: House hunting is a lot of fun.

Erika, Glad to hear that you had some time off over the weekend. I know that those four days went by way to fast for me. Sounds like you are doing a lot better, that is so great that your hubby is back to work. Just keep plugging along! WTG on the workouts also.

Tami, Sounds like you are having a great time with that new bike of yours. I'm going to try some of the Peak 10 cardio soon, I remember it being fun. How do you like the Remix workout? Is it a lot like her other ones? Finding the right route can be tough. I usually take my bike on the busiest road, because that one is the widest. The other roads in our area are road then ditch! :wink: I'm hoping to get on the trails at some point this summer.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We celebrated hubby on Saturday but his birthday gift of laps at Talledega was canceled due to a washed out track. Actually the entire holiday was a torrential downpour which forced the cancellations of many venues. This weekend was a sad one as we headed back to Atlanta to put Kayla on her flight to her grandmother in California. She did not want to leave and the girls were a bit cranky a few days out so it was a constant mediation and reminders to enjoy the last day instead of bickering, of course they did not realize the fighting was due to the pending separation.:frown: We made it home late Sunday after helping a stranded motorist and now life is back to normal for us. This week is Art camp for the youngest so early mornings for us, plus I signed up at the local YMCA for classes as the Furlough has closed our gate and shortened our commissary days, so we have to drive through town to get on the base.:grumble: Of course that equates to loss revenue as Publix and Walmart are the closest options for the military communities on this side of town. Yesterday I enjoyed a Zumba class and today was KCM Split Sessions, lots of fun plus my PS3 is refusing to play her other dvds.:grumble:

Erika- Glad to see that you had some quality time during the holiday.:bigsmile: Glad to hear that hubby is doing well.

Laurel- House shopping is always fun and stressful.:laugh: We are also looking at potential neighborhoods back home as several offers may relocate us back in San Antonio. With retirement coming locations that offer access to VA facilities and GS positions but also has a great school system for the girls becomes a challenge.:huh: It sounds like your weekend was well spent minus your doubles or trifectas.:laugh:

Tami- Awesome on the new bike and future bike adventures.:bigsmile: Does your town have designated bike trails?

Laurie- Good times with your friends sounds awesome plus a car show, the faire will be there next year.:wink: Funny I looked at S90 last week while fixing my dvd cabinet.:laugh:

Off to the shower and grabbing the little lady from the camp. :bigsmile:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's 'double trouble' focused on my lower body. I started with XTrain Cardio Leg Blast and did the extreme premix with core #2. It really felt good. Then to double up on the legs, I did Lower Body Blast! :noway: My legs felt tired during the warm-up but during the workout itself, I felt surprisingly strong! :drinker: Again, that makes me think I am really improving my endurance right now, which I need going into STS next month!

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about the rain down there!! No fun. I have no doubt the last few days of your daughter's friend visiting were stressful, but I also have no doubt they had the time of their lives this summer! Yep, we are feeling more of the effects of sequestration now too as the civilian furloughs have gone into effect. Luckily we aren't having the gate issue that many installations are, which helps. But the commissary? No fun. I'm just concerned that some changes--like the commissary--may become permanent. :grumble: And we are definitely considering the same things you are (minus schools!) when it comes to retiring. The downside of Denver is that it isn't a big military city (only one small AF base there). But at least they are building a new VA hospital which is a plus. I'm still not convinced that is where we are going to settle though. I think, at the end of the day, we will end up wherever DH is offered employment.

Laurie, sounds like you had a great blend of workouts this weekend....including moving rocks! That's not much fun. I was wondering if you were going to have anything to do with the faire this summer or not. If not, I bet your weekends are going to feel a bit strange for the next few weeks as you get used to being home during these summer months.

Tami, you too seem to have had a perfect blend of workouts this weekend! I hope you are enjoying the bike, though I understand the challenges of finding a good place to ride. If I were a cyclist, I'd be living in paradise as the grounds of the AF Academy are full of trails and good roads. Cyclists from all over the world come here to train for events! How crazy is that? And here I don't even ride. Sigh. Glad your pup made it through the 4th all right....drugs and all. Poor thing.

Erika, so good to see you! I'm glad your DH is well enough to be back at work. Hopefully things will continue to improve. But, no doubt, that makes life seem more 'normal' around the house. Glad your workouts have been helping you get through all of this. And I'm with you on the heat! We've gone back up into the mid-90s, and it isn't much fun. I can't really complain because it hasn't gotten as hot as last summer.....yet. But it is still very hard to keep the house below 80 during the afternoon. And that's will all of the windows closed and the blinds shut! I really don't like living like a hermit, so I will be happy when I can open the windows again!

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was very mellow last night compared to the norm. I know there were people in there “requesting” we not run so I think she was trying to please them.:huh: Other than 3 sets of stations, burpees, burpees with push-ups we did one set of lines in the gym, that was the only running. :smile: This a.m. I pulled out Supercuts and did the XTreme premix, lots of fun! I’m getting my hair done right after work so no Insanity tonight. :ohwell:

Laurie: Good to hear from you! :smile: Sounds like you had a really nice weekend with DH and some more yard work. Definitely a workout with those big rocks :wink: Great job with run & walks as well …. Staying active! That’s great. I saw you did a Yoga workout this a.m. Weider X. Pulling out some good ones from the back of the cupboard?! S90, Weider X! That’s great & sounds like you had fun as well. Yes, that was her newer workout and it was very similar to the others but she added some new moves. I really like this one, the time flew by. Of course the format is the same with 5 peaks, doing each one twice. This particular workout had a weighted section followed by cardio. I am having fun with my bike forsure. Yes, finding the right routes and where I won’t be so remote it would be “scary” and at the same time not dodging cars, crossing Hwy’s, etc. There are some really nice bike trails that are paved, I just have to drive to some of them. Which is ok, but it would be nice to just hit the road from my house most of the time.

Michelle: Sorry to hear about your torrential downpours …. :grumble: Never fun and doesn’t make for the last day(s) with Kayla very fun either. That is sad and I love that you totally understood their crankiness.:smile: Poor girls, I’m sure they just felt all kinds of emotions. Nice job with Zumba and Split Sessions. I wonder what’s up with your player … frustrating! I know when I have had problems it is so annoying. You have set out the time/effort, etc. all set and nothing on the player. :huh: Hope it is fixed for you soon. Thanks for the well wishes on the bike. It is pretty nice and some of my gym friends are giving me ideas of where they ride, etc. There are definitely some really great designated bike trails. Gorgeous ones along the lake or Hwy but you aren’t bothered by traffic. Just that some of them you have to drive a ways to get there. I’m sure I’ll get more tips from some of the cyclists at the gym on where to go, etc.

Laurel: Good grief lady! :noway: I better step it up a notchif I need more endurance for our rotation …. :laugh: :noway: Yowsa! Nice job. I bet your legs were feeling it when you were done. You are super woman forsure:drinker: I bet it is absolutely amazing if your area is known for such fabulous cycling! They hold Iron Man here every year and they have had several courses over the years (not that I want to just trek out for 110 miles) but apparently some good biking roads. Some of the most beautiful is along our lake called the Centennial Trail. I ventured out one direction the other day, I’ll have to try the lake route next time. We are definitely hotter than yesterday forsure. Today and tomorrow are right at 90+. I’m with you on that feeling of living like a hermit when everything has to be shut … love the evenings when I can open up the windows.

Hi Erika ~ Hope things are going good with DH and all the kids activities this week:flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had one of those workouts today that when I finished, all I could think was 'That was great!' I love days like this. I started with XTrain Bi's and Tri's and did my own 'double trouble' with it. Then I pulled out one I haven't done in forever.....Drill Max Ultra Cardio Premix. I thought it would kill me after yesterday's tough lower body workout, but it felt fantastic! So a great combo today.

Tami, sorry to hear Bootcamp was a bit 'tamer' than you prefer. I feel for instructors sometimes because they must get so many 'helpful suggestions' from people. I think that would get a bit frustrating after awhile. I am glad you are getting some good suggestions on where to ride your bike. Hopefully you can come up with a few good routes that challenge you but that you also enjoy. I can't say I would enjoy crossing a highway! I bet you do have some beautiful country for riding in up there! I think the draw here is empty roads and trails but, more than that, the altitude. We are a little cooler today but the next few days are going to be rough. I am encouraged that all of the new houses we have been looking at have AC. We have only lived two places where we had AC (Korea and DC), and I can safely say that I am of an age where I am tired of suffering through summer. I don't like AC as I prefer fresh air, but, as I said yesterday, it is too warm here during the day to leave the windows open. So that kind of defeats the fresh air idea. :huh:

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

I spent two hours at the gym with back to back classes, Cardio Kickboxing with Balance ball Ab work and then Zumba..loved it especially the music. My obliques and glutes are sore but the Propel water packs were a huge recovery aid.:bigsmile: Tonight I shall sleep like a baby which I desperately need after this busy month with the girls. Hoping to try that Power Cycle class this week.:bigsmile:

Tami- Riding near the lake sounds like fun and in your community I'm sure there are several groups that you can join which will definitely provide a safety net for sure. In San Antonio the riders met up downtown every Wednesday and early Saturday morning and usually any rider could show up and participate, so check the internet for group meet-ups.:wink:

Laurel- Right now hubby has been getting job offers in San Antonio, so although it is not my first choice to go back there the opportunities in schools, unviersities, VA benefits and Veteran Perks are definitely right there. Housing costs are also cheaper per square foot compared to up North and even here, so it seems that the scale is shifted towards there, if only I could change the weather system there it could be ideal.:laugh:

Laurie & Erika- Good Morning:flowerforyou:

Have a great day ladies.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a nice hair appt last night …. My hair dresser is super funny and easy to be with. :bigsmile: Headed home right after and enjoyed the pups outside for a while, dinner and then it was already time to head to bed. Today’s workout is going to be just Spinning. I overslept this a.m. for some reason . . . :grumble:

Laurel: Another fabulous workout! :noway: :drinker: Nice job ….. I bet that did feel great when you were done, what a workout! I thought the same thing w/ the BC instructor the other day. It would be annoying after a while. Plus, I didn’t mention the few that were strongly pushing her to “not” be so intense left early :huh: We have been using our AC a little bit this summer but since we installed it 5 yrs ago we have used it maybe 2 or 3 of the summers. Definitely feels good when you have it or know you have the option if needed. :wink: Do you think you will update your STS sheets prior to our rotation? I was thinking about that and wondered if I should. Might just print them out and make any notations I made from the last time we did STS.

Michelle: Great idea! :bigsmile: I will start looking into that. I did see a cycle group online and thought I would maybe reach out to them or start asking more people I know at the gym. Way to hit the gym classes today! WooHoo lady, you burned up some calories:wink: Sounds like you enjoyed it a lot. Yay. Let me know how you like the Power Cycle class.

Laurie: I saw you did a TF workout today! Another “new/old” one! Great job, I bet it was lots of fun.:bigsmile:

Hi Erika :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Weider X-Factor Yoga, which is really more stretching than yoga. I think this one is a hidden gem for stretching. We went to the races last night at the local track, and that was a lot of fun. Got home really late though. :wink: This morning I did Turbo Fire 25 Hiit. First time doing that one, and I must say is wasn't bad. It will take me one more time before I get all the moves down pat, she sure does move fast. :laugh: I just finished up S90 Total Body, and I was a sweaty mess. :bigsmile: That one is deceptive in how tough it actually is.

Michelle, I don't envy you that turmoil with the girls. I bet that they had a lot of fun while they where together though. I saw your news feed and was amazed with the amount of calorie burn you had. Awesome! Sounds like you are having a great time at the gym, and Zumba class must be a fun one.

Laurel, Great work on the double leg day! That leg blast workout is tough. :wink: So far the weekends have been a bit strange, but we have been working so hard on the yard that it didn't dawn on me until this weekend. I must admit that I did think about it from time to time, but I was so glad that I wasn't down there in the heat. I don't know if I would be comfortable with being in the dress.

Tami, Yep I am pulling out some old ones, and some new. I have not tried the Turbo Fire workouts yet. I'm probably only going to be trying the cardio workouts for now. We are not close to the bike trails either, and I'm not inclined to haul my bike onto the car and then drive. I just want to jump right on that thing, and then take off! Oh well, I have found a good highway to go on, and it is good that I have a mountain bike. That way I can go into the soft sand on the side of the road.

DH just got home, so I need to get some dinner going. He just opened a package, and he received the I-Pad Mini that he won. Of course the youngest is super excited. :laugh:

Have a great evening!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Quick check in as it's close to my bedtime!! :blushing:

Workouts as normal, mostly The Firm, but I did a Les Mills workout last night! :bigsmile: Hubby continues to have better days each day, so we're all happy campers over here again! To top it off, I get to have a weekend away visiting with out of state family and spending the weekend at my parents cabin in a couple weeks, which will be much overdue!

Tami--Nice boot camp class, sounds like a good one! I'm glad to hear you had a nice hair appt and still time to get in a walk with the pups too! Your 4th weekend sounded wonderful!

Michelle--Wowsa on the 2 hours at the gym! :bigsmile: Nice work, I bet you will sleep well tonight! :bigsmile:

Laurie--Your TF Hiit 25 workout made me smile, I just really love those workouts. More for the fun factor (of course once you get the moves down) than anything. The Weider workout sounds good too, I vaguely remember that one when I owned the set. It sounds like you enjoyed the 4th holiday weekend and the break from the faire this year.

Laurel--Lady, bottle up some energy and send it to me! I am trying to get my workouts past the 20/30 minute mark, but I just run out of energy after that. Double trouble would have me collapsed on the floor for sure! :laugh: Great work coming up with the combos to create the double trouble!

Time to get ready for bed. Talk to you all later.

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Slept well last night for sure until hubby woke up in pain, little one was in the bed with us and head butted him while moving.:noway: This morning I could feel my obliques from KCM's sidebends with the dumbbells but overall only my feet hurt, probably need new shoes.:blushing: Today I missed my class as it conflicted with Art camp and I wanted to exercise barefeet, so Core Fusion Body Sculpt & Windsor Pilates Thighs was on the menu and gosh did my quads tremble in pain.:blushing: Our weather is back to dark gray clouds and sporadic downpours although humidity is way high.:ohwell:

Laurie- Yes those TF workouts are more speed than routine:grumble: maybe that is why that system did not geld with me.:laugh: S90 sounds like an oldie but goodie. Awesome on the Ipad mini win.:wink: Yes the girls were inseparable and every now and then they would get on each other's nerves but soon enough they would be giggling in the office and watching videos. We truly miss her and she definitely wants to come back next year for a longer timeframe so hopefully it will work out as she is the only person my eldest is truly close to and considers the BFF.:bigsmile:

Erika- Glad to hear that hubby is doing well and life is getting back to normal.:bigsmile: A getaway at the cabin sounds great!:bigsmile:

Tami- I'm excited to try the Power Cycle and spoke to the instructor about being nervous, etc and she was really sweet and explained that she will set me once I get there early and encouraged me to give it a go. Tomorrow's class is at 5am which is not feasible so next Monday I will attend their morning class.

Laurel- I definitely need my AC yet when I'm in the Caribbean the fresh air is more enjoyable to me and I don't think about it at all. The older I get the more I do complain about the heat which means hubby is walking around in sweatshirts and I'm complaining its too hot.:blushing:

Have a great day!

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! More 'double trouble' today focusing on the lower body. I started with Cathe's Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix, which includes the lower body work from that workout (and, of course, the cardio). And I followed it with Butts and Guts. :noway: I was definitely feeling it by the end, especially after Tuesday's lower body work. But it was good stuff. I think this is going to be my last 'double trouble' week as I think 3 weeks of this is enough. We leave for CA a week from today, so next week won't be a full week of full workouts. I'll see if I am still up for more 'double trouble' when we get back. :bigsmile:

Michelle, sounds like a great workout at the gym! No doubt you'd sleep we'll after that! Boy, you are just getting hammered with rain, aren't you? I am counting us lucky to have visited the area during a relatively dry time.......only one really rainy day. We have considered San Antonio too as a place to retire. We have quite a few friends who have settled there. But, like you, I am not sure about the weather. But it is a possibility because of the huge military community.

Tami, sounds like a great hair appointment! I love those kinds of appointments. I hear you on the AC. So far this summer, I can only think of a few days I would have used it so far, but last summer was a different story! I think you are most definitely right that I just want the option if needed. About the STS sheets, I don't know if I will re-do my 1RM. Probably not. :blushing: They were so useful when I first did the program, but now that the routines are so familiar, I think I am pretty good at knowing what weight I can lift. Probably not the smartest approach. :blushing: So I will probably print off fresh sheets and go from there. I haven't looked at our last rotation yet, but I am pretty sure it could stand to be updated a bit. Do you still have it? I am sure I do, but just in case.......:tongue:

Erika, I am so glad to hear that your DH continues to improve! And I am really happy to hear you are going to get some time away!! Boy, do you deserve that! :drinker:

Laurie, sounds like you are doing some really fun workouts right now! I completely echo what both Erika and Michelle said about Turbo Fire. But, like Erika, I just love those workouts for the fun factor. It took me awhile to learn them because she moves so quickly but now they are some of my favorite 'when I don't want to think' workouts. I imagine you are probably missing the faire a bit....but not the heat. I don't know how you did that every weekend!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was a great class last night. :wink: I think I had a record calorie burn! Could have been because it was so HOT in the room. Yikes :huh: they turn on two ceiling fans but I think because of the warm weather it just gets warmer and warmer in that little room, AC can’t keep up. This a.m. was Cathe’s Kick, Punch, Crunch. Tonight I’m going to mow the lawn for DH, that should be a workout in itself. :laugh: He left to go fishing and I am meeting up with him tomorrow after work for the weekend. By Sunday it will be too long so I said I would do it.

Laurie: Great job with the workouts and sounds like you are truly back in the groove of doing them each day, that’s great! :bigsmile: Good to know on that XFactor Yoga being a hidden gem. Just in case I reach for one like that …. One of these days! :blushing: I understand what you mean on the TF workouts, she moves right through it and I found after doing them a couple times it was better but I still haven’t done them enough to just pull one out and “know the moves” Yay on the Ipad mini! I bet he will love it. DH loves his Ipad I bought him last year for his Bday.

Erika: So good to hear that your hubby is doing better each day. :drinker: Your “time off” coming up sounds absolutely perfect after the last month you have had, you deserve it! That will be so great. I am going to Portland next Thursday to see my mom and my sister is flying up for a wedding so will get to see her too. I’m really excited for that. She has a fantastic REI store near her house that I am sure we will go to now that I have my bike and they carry “everything” I would need (or not) with my new bike! Plus no tax in Portland, OR. :smile:

Michelle: You are working that body good this week! :bigsmile: Way to go. I’m glad you were able to visit with the cycle instructor. Being set up properly on the bike is key for comfort on your body; especially your knees! I’m sure she will tell you but no matter what is happening you can go at your own pace.:wink:

Laurel: Yowsa! :noway: Another fabulous “Dbl Trouble” workout forsure. How long will you be in CA? Sounds like fun! That’s what I will do as well. Since I’m familiar with the program I will just print out sheets, write any adjustments from the last rotation on them and go from there. Re-doing those 1RM’s takes a long time from what I remember. I am sure I have our old rotation. I will look for it and send it your way just in case. :wink:

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening! Talk to you tomorrow. Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Just got finished with TF 45 EZ, and I was smart and did the learn the moves workout. :wink: That made it a little easier to understand. Good workout though, really got my hr going. Have a little time before we have dinner, they are only getting salad tonight. :laugh:

Erika, Looks like you will be having a very relaxing time ahead of you. I think that you need it very much. :wink: I'm going to be pulling out some of those combat workouts also, those where a ton of fun. Good to hear that your hubby is improving, that has to be encouraging.

Michelle, That is so cool that your dd has someone that is bff material. I can say that I really don't have that, but I consider my three sisters to be in that department. It is amazing how we are when we get together. WTG on the workouts, just sorry to hear that your feet where hurting. I know how it is when you need new shoes. I'm surprised that I actually enjoyed the TF workouts, I'm usually not one to enjoy the wiggly type workouts. :laugh:

Laurel, You really do need to bottle all that energy. :wink: Those double leg workouts sound like they really work those legs. We will be on vacation starting next week Thursday also. I'm breaking it up though, because we will also be going to the National Oldsmobile meet in Springfield IL the following week. I'm sure once I get used to the TF workouts they will be easier to grasp. I really like the learn the moves option. That helped a lot.

Tami, Bet you where thirsty after that workout! Have a great time this weekend with the fishing. Seems like we are mowing our lawn every other day, it is growing like crazy. Of course this is the first year in quite a while that we have had enough rain. I'm making sure that I get at least one stretching/yoga workout in during the week. I have really gotten less flexible. I know that DH was playing with the IPad last night, but so far I have only seen the youngest using it. :laugh: And I think that is is mostly games that she is playing.

Have to get those salads going. Have a great evening!

Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Bootcamp:noway: in this class there is no truly no room for modifications.:huh: One minute interval drills and what the heck are Inch worms crawls..hated that move, plank to pike position then a shoulder push-up back to plank and then walk your legs into pike for a push-up across the room.:grumble: My favorite instructor became not so much when she used that move.:blushing:

Tami- Not sure how you do all those crazy Bootcamps after a regular weight routine...super Woman for sure! Thanks to you and your great class descriptions, I have stepped out of my comfort zone and I'm trying cool classes and actually going to the gym after more than 8 years.:blushing:

Laurie- I hear you on the Bff, as an only child having a Bff has always been a great comfort but we have always told our girls that we are their best friends until they are old enough to observe and learn the trials and drama of true friendship. After years of these two being together the test was when Kayla stepped off the plane and the two never stopped talking or even spoke to us as we headed to the parking lot.:laugh: It was awesome and truly a priceless moment and I hope that it is the same way next year.:bigsmile:

Laurel- Although San Antonio was never my first choice the practical side of me see the benefits of being in a military/medical town with great schools and universities. I use to complain about the 8.125 tax rate but it is the same here in this little town and overall cost of living here is actually pricier and not worth the trade off of small town living.:blushing:

Erika- Good Morning:flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend Ladies.:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I started with XTrain Burn Sets, and did the upper body premix with core. I felt really strong today! I think these double trouble workouts have been more effective that I thought they would be. For double trouble today, I combined Hard Srikes and TF60 for 90 minutes of pure fun. Good stuff!

Tami, that spinning class sounds hot! Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great weekend with your DH! We will be driving from here to LA and back again. We will be gone for a total of 12 days, but that includes a little work for DH in New Mexico, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, CA wine country, friends in LA, a visit with my Mom......Sounds exhausting just typing it, but I am really looking forward to it. My IPod is loaded with workouts, so here's hoping I get some of those in as well.

Laurie, I love that TF 45EZ workout! Definitely one of my favorites. TF is actually sneaky tough. I remember when I used to monitor my calorie burns that I burned nearly as much doing TF as I did Insanity....and TF is more fun for me. I still think Insanity is better for overall fitness, though. But for enjoyment.....TF all the way. I hope you enjoy your trip next week!

Michelle, oh yes.....inch worms. Tony Horton does those in the warm-ups for P90X2. I grew to like them. :noway: But I don't know how I would feel about them in the middle of a workout as what I liked was the stretching aspect of the move. If they are being done quickly.....I probably wouldn't like them either. I think it is fantastic that you are trying new classes at the gym. I know I should jump out of my comfort zone someday too....I just haven't yet. :blushing:

Erika, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Got out of work early, since it is our guilt free Friday time. :bigsmile: Love summer! Just got done with Cathe's Muscle Max and feeling really pumped. Tomorrow is some Chris Freytag with my favorite kickboxing workout and some stretching. Don't know what that will be yet.

Michelle, I have no idea what inch worm crawls are, they sure don't sound like a ton of fun though. :wink: Sounds like your bootcamp instructor is the same on that Tami has. :laugh: I'm sure those girls will have a great time again next year.

Laurel, Wow what great workouts. Is Hard Strikes only 30 min.? Sounds like you gave that upper body some really good double trouble. Totally agree with you on the TF being more fun than Insanity. I knew I was getting a good workout, because sometimes I had to stop to catch my breath. That was a surprise. Have you looked at the new workouts that Shaun has out. I had heard that they where not as tough as the regular Insanity workouts. Guess it is all in how much you put into the workout though.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Laurie