Calling all Cathe fans!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies ~

Thanks for your feedback as well Laurel on the early/pre-workout eating. I feel I am on track with what I have been doing but wanted to ask you ladies after my hubby's trainer said that about no food before cardio. :huh: I do have the crazy early a.m. (I start about 4:45) workout and don't get a whole lot of food but try for a banana at least or banana on WW Eng Muffin & PB. OR Whey Prot shake right when I get up.

So this a.m. was Cardio Core Circ (Cardio Only Premix) + No Equip Abs. Tonight will be spinning after work. :tongue:

Laurel: I agree absolutely on the "shock" factor that the Undulating will bring! It's going to be great. I'm going to do the next few weeks of the endurance style of training along with some good weights and the week before we start Undulating get in a rest/recovery week! :wink:

Michelle: Thanks for the ideas as well ...... I also drink Xtend sometimes when I do a tougher cardio to help get me through; it does help. Sounds like your hubby was busy with some exercise! I love volleyball as well. I still play in a womens league, we play 4-on-4 which makes for good exercise!

Laurie & Erika - Hope you both have a great day!

Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Max Interval Plyo is finished. Seems like I'm a bit late this morning, that's what happens when the boss has an early morning meeting. :laugh:

Tami ~ You already had some great advice on the eating before working out. I am not able to eat anything before I do cardio workouts. I tried, but my workout suffers because my stomach just isn't able to handle the small amount of digestive time between when I wake up and work out (even with just a banana). If I have to hold off doing a workout until later in the day, I need to give my body at least 3 hours. Can be kind of a pain sometimes. :grumble: I do like a good cup of chocolate milk after my workouts though. It has just the right amount of carbs/proteins/fat for that purpose.

Michelle, I will have to be shaking off the dust bunnies from my treadmill also. I have not used it in 2 months, so probably should vacuum the motor out before I start it up. :laugh: All our husbands must have spring fever or something. :wink: I love volleyball, and a really easy game for young ones to understand.

Laurel, I might try another Insanity rotation, probably just to get my girls to try it out. I really think that this would help them improve their running for track & cross country. I have heard that Shaun is suppose to be coming out with something called Asylum. People still don't know if it is going to be like Tony's One on One or a full system like Insanity. I'm looking forward to Shocking my body also. I think it will be very interesting to see how the undulating rotation will feel. It will really work those muscles each week, since the weights will be changing each week. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I hit the treadmill this morning for a 35min HIIT session:noway: , actually with my CD playing in the garage and the Black Eye Peas jamming my favorite songs it felt great:bigsmile: I know that later I will feel the pain so I have to do a stretch later this evening as tomorrow morning I have Gym Style legs:huh:

Laurie- There were dust bunny colonies on my poor baby but my Nordic track purred when I plugged her in and performed like a champ:laugh:

Tami- I love that CCC pre-mix and was really excited to discover it last week. I always assumed the pre-mixes were only for the weight training dvds so what a pleasant suprise for me:wink:

Laurel- It's always nice to have a great pair of legs...my troubled spot but hopefully Cathe's gym style legs and those HIIT sessions will have them ready by Summer:wink:

Erika- Glad to see a new week is bringing calm and peace:bigsmile:

Have a great day:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies!

Just a quick note, as it's getting busy again at work...but, I'm leaving early cuz it's my birthday today! I have to visit the dentist (just getting the teeth all polished up!) and then off to dinner with my boys! I decided to sleep in this morning (it was storming out, so it was so nice to just be lazy) and will have to get my cardio in tonight.

Hope you all have a good day. Love the workouts you all put in today!
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Happy Birthday Erika! :flowerforyou: April 13th must be a good day ~ today is my mom's Birthday too!
    Enjoy your day and time with the boys! Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I'm finally ahead of the game today (in logging into MFP anyway)!:huh: This morning was STS Disc 8--Back and Triceps. I absolutely hate chinups/pullups, so this ones a tough one for me. I do them assisted, but still can feel them working, so I'll stick with that!

Went out for a b-day dinner last night to Red Robin (my boys picked the place) and had a great dinner and dessert and of course the singing of Happy Birthday made my boys' day! I was feeling tired when we got home (perhaps a crash from all the sugar for dessert?!?! :blushing: ) so decided to have another rest day. I am getting much better at allowing myself to have these...I went so many months with never taking a rest day, so this feels good!

I hope you all had a fantastic night last night and rock those workouts this morning!!!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Just got back from taking the girls to the dentist, and my oldest just called and said that she forgot to get the check for the prom. :embarassed: Both of us forgot, and of course the money is due today. It takes me an hour to get to the school and back to work, so I'm guessing that I should have just taken the day off! :huh: Max Cardio Conditioning is finished, and Insane Abs or Cardio Abs will be my workout after work. Hopefully I can get it finished.

Michelle, Rocking out to Black Eyed Peas must have been really motivating. Glad your equipment started up, even with all the dust bunnies. GS Legs is a great workout!

Erike, Belated Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou: WTG on the chin-ups/Pull Ups, those are always tough for me. I am genetically challenged in the upper body. :laugh: My legs are totally different though. :huh:

Tami, Happy Birthday to your Mom too! :flowerforyou:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday Erika:flowerforyou:

Morning Ladies,

Legs and cardio this morning. I did a workout with Chris Freytag and I must say I really enjoyed the workout. She has a walking sculpt workout that I used after legs and it really was a great calorie burn with all of the lower leg work she incorporates in the routine. My buns are tingling already:bigsmile: Chris also has a nice defined body...which is pretty neat considering most of the female trainers have skinny bodies but lack muscle definition. With Chris you can definitely tell that she pushes some weight in the her workouts:laugh:

Erika- Enjoy those rest days and your boys too:bigsmile:

Laurie- Don't you hate that....another day off may turn into another week:laugh: Yes those bunnies were dreadful:blushing:

Laurel & Tami- Have a great day!

Ok my break is over..back to check on my readers.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Afternoon! :flowerforyou:

Disc #14 STS was this a.m. & Spinning again tonight! :happy:

Erika: Good job on giving your self a rest day when you felt like you needed it! I am really bad about that but I am working on it and on the weekends I usually do give myself the rest if needed. I bet it felt good and sounds like you had a really fun Birthday!
    On the pull-ups. I have only been able to do them via the "exercise tubing" in the doorway option :grumble: so it isn't as much of a burn. :blushing: But good on ya for battling through forsure. :drinker:

Michelle: Hope you are having a great day too, thanks! Sounds like you had a nice workout this a.m. ...... especially if the buns are tingling shortly after!

Laurie: That's a bummer on the long commute to get your daughters prom $$ to her. Hopefully it all worked out for you. Thanks for the B-day wishes for my mom, that was sweet!

Laurel: Hopefully you are having a good day ... :wink: I'm sure STS was on the cards for you and maybe a good cardio!

Talk to you all soon!
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,811 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Happy Belated Birthday, Erika! :drinker: I love Red Robin! I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

Michelle, you continue to impress me with the diversity of workouts you do. You must have quite a library. I think that's wonderful since mixing things up is so important when it comes to fitness. I probably should mix things up more. I've pretty much been doing Cathe exclusively for a decade (except for the odd things like P90X and Insanity and such), and I would probably benefit by mixing it up some more.

Laurie, what do you think of the Insanity abs workouts? I'm just curious. I really enjoyed them when I was doing the program, but I find that I don't reach for them as much now when I'm looking for an abs routine. I think it is because of the high impact portion that they both start with.

Tami, like you, I'm not able to do pullups either. Well, I haven't tried to be honest. I just haven't lived anywhere where I felt I could put up a bar so I haven't. I'd like to try one sometime though.

I continue to workout hard this week. I started my last three STS workouts for this rotation today with Disk 34 (Chest/Back). I love that workout. I also did Max Cardio Conditioning and Pilates Abs. I'm going to do Disk 35 tomorrow with Max Interval Circuit (hopefully!) I'm getting good results from these workouts this week. I actually feel more energetic than I have for quite some time right now, which is nice!

Hope everybody has a great day.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

This morning I had a little setback...I had no power in my basement and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. I checked the fuse box and that was fine. So, I had to move my workout upstairs and change the workout a bit. I was going to do KCM Plyo Step but had to just do Plyo instead. I'll probably get in a walk at lunch today to catch up a bit since I only got in a short workout this morning. Hubby woke up after I was done and there was a breaker out in the garage that had tripped...I guess I'll know for next time!

Tami-I was going to ask you about spinning. My elliptical is about ready to call it quits, and was thinking of getting a spinning bike, as I'd like to have another cardio piece to replace the elliptical. What do you like best about it? I wonder if it would be more enjoyable if it's a class than at home?? Does it really work the legs good??

Michelle-I love Chris Freytag, but only had some of her earlier work, which was more of a beginner level, so I gave it to my mom. Is the one you did more recent? She has such a nice overall toned and tight body, you can tell she really works hard!

Laurie-I can't believe it's getting to be prom time again. Seems like it comes up so fast. I always enjoyed getting dressed up for it and hanging with my friends for the night! I'm sure your daughter will look beautiful!

Laurel-I love Red Robin too! My kids pick it anytime we go out to eat. I normally get something very healthy, but for my b-day, I just ate what I wanted (not horrible, but not the best pick either!). They always have such good food!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with pullups. I used to be able to do several unassisted, but not anymore! I am hoping I'll get there soon again though!

Well, time to get some work done. Have a great one everybody!!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me yet today! Woke up with a horrible sinus headache, so decided to stay in bed for a bit. I'm totally better right now, so will get that workout done when I get home.

DH is coming home tonight, so that is wonderful. Told him I didn't have time to get any laundry done! :blushing: Way to much teenage drama this week, so my evenings where full of dealing with that. Let's just say that last night my oldest spent the night sleeping in our bed with me. How many tears can a teenager produce? TON'S :laugh: She did manage to find someone with $10, so I didn't have to run to the school yesterday. So happy my 13yr old things boys are gross! :happy:

Michelle, I like Chris Freytag also. I have a kickboxing DVD of hers that I really enjoy. She incorporates the kickboxing and weights, it isn't really intense, but she makes it a fun workout. I like that she is around my age.

Tami, How many miles have you put on that spin bike? :laugh: I would really like to try the bike out too, but probably will have to stick to my treadmill. I have CD's called Cardio Coach that are workouts that you can you use with exercise equipment. Really fun to listen to Coach Sean in your ear. Dang does he have a great voice. :blushing:

Laurel, Glad you are feeling more energetic. I like both the Insanity ab workouts, but must say that I enjoy the Cardio Abs more than the Insane Abs. Probably because it has less cardio in it. I was planning on putting these with an Hiit workout. Thought the duel cardio/abs would work good together.

Erika, Dang on the blown fuse. Yes it is prom time, and that is part of the drama I was having to deal with last night. The boy that my DD is going with had previously asked another girl to go to the prom with him. When he asked my DD to date him, she felt guilty that she pressured him into taking her to the prom instead of this other girl. I can see where this would be kind of weird for her bf to be going to the prom with another girl, while you are sitting at home not able to attend your Junior prom. Guess the other girl is giving her dirty looks, and the bf says nice things about her. Just a real drama fest! Sorry about me getting that one off my chest! :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hello Ladies! :flowerforyou:

This a.m. was Kick, Punch & Crunch! :tongue: Going to try and make it to the Strength class tonight but might not be able to.

Laurie: :laugh: I know, right? . . on the mileage! I'm not sure but it has to be a few considering the class goes 50 min each time. :wink: What's nice about it, it's a workout I wouldn't do at home and a friend I used to work with always goes to so it makes it fun. My poor Treadmill isn't getting any use since I started these evening classes in Jan. :huh:

Erika: Don't you just hate that?! :grumble: Sometimes I have issues with my DVD player and it just freezes. I have never really been into the spinning classes until I started these in January. I really enjoy the workout and it does push you to work hard. If you enjoy biking it is worth a try. Maybe take a couple classes at a local gym and see how you like it before making a decision on a spinning bike. I like the class atmosphere just because it is "different" than working out at home & makes it kind of fun + the music and the instructor keeps you going. :tongue: It works your legs forsure and good for the cardio endurance.

Laurel: I'm with you on the pull-ups. I don't have an area that would work for a pull-up bar so I'm forced to just use the band. I would love to see how I would do. I'm sure it is waaaaay different. Have thought of the fancy pull up/squat rack Cathe sells but then storing it, cost, etc. :huh: So you must be down to only a few days right until HAWAII!!!??!! :bigsmile:

Michelle: Sounds like a great workout. That instructor sounds good .... you have such a variety of instructors/workouts ~ that's so great! Hope you had a good workout today as well. :wink:

Everyone have a great day! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    GM ladies,

Well yesterday I had the plumber drama as our water in the front of the home broke and the city does not cover that area:mad: because the pipe was behind their water line. So one hour later and $355 dollars later, I realized I probably should of majored in the plumbing business in lieu of other degrees:laugh:

Laurie- Chris has 3 teenage sons and a great body. I will look for her dvds on Amazon but I did see her videos on ExerciseTv and hope to do her 20 min Core tomorrow.

Erika- These are videos from ExerciseTv Video on demand. I did her 45 minute walking with sculpt where she incorporates lunges, curtsey lunges, push-ups, planks, etc in the video. It does get the heart up during the walking segment and she uses weight when sculpting. It was a great change up for me and definitely better than Leslie Sansome:wink: My glutes were feeling it after the workout.

Laurel- Now it seems like I have a wide variety but when I first started to lift weights it was after my eldest was born with Body for Life..back then weights and females were not coveted and when my body developed so quickly I was embarrassed and followed mainstream for a while with cardio..cardio and more cardio:blushing: Now I know better but I still need variety.

Tami- Yes..I love working out with females especially when their bodies speak for them....Freytag has a great physique and always remind you of form and buidling muscle to increase metabolism. It seems like so many others are afraid to use the word Muscle:bigsmile: These glutes are tingling again..then again so are my arms from those triangle push-ups:laugh:

Have a great day.
    Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,811 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies!

I had another great workout day. I started the day with STS Disk 35 (Plyo Legs), and ended it with Insanity's Max Interval Circuit. I had some time left after that workout and thought about doing Insane Abs. I got through the first ten minutes, but I was spent because I gave the circuits my all. So I put in Cathe's No Equipment Abs and finished my workout week with that. I felt really good today on both workouts which amazes me given the two-fers I've been doing all week. Good stuff!

Erika, I'm sorry to hear about your electricity situation. How frustrating! I don't do well when things like that happen. I find myself cranky for the rest of the day. :blushing:

Laurie, thanks for your feedback on Insanity abs. I think they would be great mixed with HiiT. I just think they are a tad too much after a full Insanity workout (like I experienced today). Hope you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about the drama with your daughter. It is so tough being a teen. I wouldn't go back to that age for all the money in the world.

Tami, I've thought about getting Cathe's pull-up rack as well, but I have the same problem you have with storage, etc. Maybe if we ever settle into a house, I might be able to consider one. But right now, there is no way I can count on having the space for that type of equipment in whatever room in whatever house I end up working out in. I know I'm missing some serious intensity by not doing the pull-ups, but I figure I'm doing what I can do and that's just going to have to be good enough for right now. :tongue: And, yes, we're down to five days until Hawaii!! :drinker: I'm more than ready. This has, apparently, been the worst winter in Korea in recent memory. I wish I could say I was happy to be a part of it....but I'm not. :grumble: Sunshine, sand and fresh air sound SO good right now.

Michelle, sorry to hear about the plumbing drama. Those kinds of things are NEVER fun. I found it interesting what you said about women and muscles. I honestly don't remember my inspiration for women and muscles (it was probably an athlete like Martina Navratilova or somebody like that), but I remember asking for weights for my birthday when I was about 18 or 19. And I got some. That was back in the early 1980s and really before I started working out with any consistency. But, like so many other women, after seeing Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2 back in the early 1990s, I definitely came to see a muscular physique on women as being incredibly attractive. It surprises me how many women still don't think it is attractive (they think somebody like Cathe or Jillian are too big). I'll never look like Cathe or Jillian (don't have the genetics they do), but I love it when people comment on my muscles. Maybe I've always strived for that look because I know, with my thick legs and arms, that I would NEVER have that long, lean look that other women strive for. I told somebody recently that I have two choices--big arms that are fat or big arms that are strong. I opt for the latter! :laugh:

I'm hoping to get a couple of shorter runs in this weekend (if the weather cooperates) to prepare for running daily in Hawaii. And, of course, I've got my last STS workout in this rotation to do! :drinker: I hope everybody has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Mornin' Ladies! It's Friday...yeah!!! :bigsmile: At least this week has been better than last, so I can say I'm ready for the weekend for sure, but will be able to actually make it through the workday and still be sane at the end! :blushing:

This morning was STS Legs #9...OMG...I'm not sure how much more my legs can take! My legs were shaking so badly at the end!!! I already know that tomorrow and Sunday will be slow moving days, so I'm trying to plan my workouts accordingly...as little emphasis on the legs as possible! I learned my lesson last weekend!:blushing:

Michelle-That's no fun dealing with plumbing issues! Never a good thing when there's water where it shouldn't be. I hope everything is all better and stays that way!!

Tami-I'll have to see if I can get into a class at my hubby's club to try it out. I know he loves biking (that's what he does most days at the club on the stationary bike) so I know he'd use it at home too. Just need to get something new to try!

Laurie-I hope your daughter is doing better. Those years are soooo tough...I look back and wonder how I made it through!

Laurel-Wow, you are rockin' those workouts. I wish I had as much energy as you to do a couple workouts in a day, but lately I've been just toast after a 1 hour workout. I think it's due to STS, as that's when it started. I really get wiped out from weight workouts! I started thinking I should maybe up my calories again, but I'm already at around 2200-2400/day and only burn about 500 calories during my workout/lunch walk, so I don't know if I should increase more to try to combat the tiredness??!? I'm like you in the arms/legs department. Have always had bigger arms/legs and just recently decided I'm ok with that. I'm going to rock the muscles in those areas and get STRONG!!!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I to am so happy that it is Friday today. Max Interval Sports Training is finished, so only three more days of Insanity left! :drinker:

Tami ~ Oh KPC sounds really fun! Even though Shaun T. has some punching in his DVD's, I sure do miss the kicking/punching combos. I would like some of the kb instuctors to check out some of the moves in Insanity, because he has one that I really enjoy doing. Four high hooks/four low hooks/four jump ropes. Did you get to the strength class? I have Cathe's Power Tower, DH gave it to me for Christmas. This STS rotation will be the first time I will be able to use it for pull/chin ups. :happy: I have used it for chest presses, and totally love it, but you are right is does take up a bit of space.

Michelle, Sorry to hear about the plumbing problem you had to endure. Just get one of those Plumbing for Dummy's books :wink: , they actually are really good books. I did see that Chris had about 3 different workouts on Exercise TV, so just might look as those this weekend.

Laurel, You are really bringing it with your workouts. I can see that Insane abs would have been difficult after Interval Circuit. I did that one last night, and you are really spent afterwards. I'm glad that people are changing there thinking about how they want to look. My DD is built like a model, but she wants to have those guns. She has been working with weights, and is finally getting that look. She doesn't get those genetics from me that is for sure. :laugh: From what you described we are a lot alike in the legs and arms. :wink: I know when I did P90X, I didn't lose that fat overlay in my arms, and I couldn't fit in some of my shirts! The arms where to tight.:grumble: One thing I never experienced when I did STS!

Erika, Funny how the weight workouts make us hungrier than doing a cardio workout. I have noticed that too, but your calorie burn is so much less. Must be the fact that your muscles are have to work so hard, and they are what needs the fuel. You are getting quite a bit of carlories, so try increasing by 100 calories and see what happens. I tend to start eating bad things when I get hungry like that. :grumble: Not a good thing.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    GM Ladies,

The plumbing problem is resolved and after the gazillion of gallons that was flooding down my street it was worth the money. The city will reduce the water bill based on our average payment.

Today I just wanted nice and easy so Pilates it was for me...lots of core and leg focus which was light enough for me.

Laurel- I'm ex-Army so GI Jane and Terminator physique has always appealed to me. I have naturally gifted arms but stocky thighs which I have not come to grips with:grumble: My abs and upper body respond quickly but the lower half is truly stubborn.

Erika- Are you eating enough fats in your diet or taking supplements? Fat helps with the energy levels so that may be an option along with a possible recovery drink after workouts. With weights we are breaking down the muscle and the repair process really requires tons of calories throughout the next 24hrs.....cardio on th other hand tends to burn it and then stop. Maybe two rest days might be something to include in your schedule...one active and one complete rest day.

Tami- Congratulations on the weight lost:drinker:

Laurie- Yes..Chris does have some on there for her 10 pound slim down...I have tried the Legs, Walking and would love to do her Core routine..hopefully this Sunday.

Have a great day!

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies & Happy Friday! :bigsmile:

This a.m. was Cathe’s Stretch Max ….. want to get in a cardio this evening and maybe take the “kids” for a walk after that. Our weather is so great today I know they would love it. :wink: me too!
    Tomorrow I am planning on Kelly-Coffey Ultra Cardio Blast and an ab workout. Haven’t done that one in a while! Also considering the Tonique2 workout for this weekend & I am playing in a volleyball tourney on Sunday.

Laurel: I think it’s great you are feeling so good and energized with your two-fers this week! :wink: You have really been working hard. I know for me I have felt more energized with the double-days vs. when I just get one workout in. What do you think you will do in Hawaii for workouts? I'm hoping to get my STS sheets updated in the next few weeks so I am all set for Undulating!

Erika: Hope the legs aren’t hurting too bad this weekend! :noway: Definitely get in some stretching or a nice long walk if they are. That always seems to help me. Glad to hear work is getting back into the normal busy vs. crazy busy for you.

Laurie: Unfortunately I didn’t, (My step son was supposed to stop by but didn’t make it). :frown: Disappointing that I missed one of my fav classes but I did end up taking my sweet furry friends for a nice walk so it’s all good! :wink: I remember you saying your DH had bought that for you. Will be great to use through the Undulating Rotation forsure. I agree with Laurel on the teen drama. I remember how each situation seemed so overwhelming at that age & how much my feelings would get hurt. I bet you just feel for your daughter and at the same time know that “this too shall pass” - hopefully things have cleared up a bit for her.

Michelle: Hopefully everything has worked out with the plumbing … :frown: those are the things in life that are so frustrating. Thanks for the congrats! I truly hate weighing myself and had to at the doctor’s office the other day. I felt it was worth putting on my “settings update” so I did. :drinker: The plateau I have been at for quite some time has finally budged. Maybe through the Undulating Rotation and my evening workouts I will get there through the “shock” system!

Well ladies, I better get back to work but I hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Tami