• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    cheetos-girl1.jpg

I don't remember what the question is, but I'm fairly certain that ^this is at least part of the answer.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    cheetos-girl1.jpg

I don't remember what the question is, but I'm fairly certain that ^this is at least part of the answer.

Hot gothy girl! Tub full of Cheetos! Now I don't know which is turning me on more...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Hot gothy girl! Tub full of Cheetos! Now I don't know which is turning me on more...
    Almost. It's 5,7,5 though.:laugh:

(Am I the only one who read that like a haiku?)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Almost. It's 5,7,5 though.:laugh:

(Am I the only one who read that like a haiku?)

HAHAHA! I didn't even catch that! And here I thought I sucked at haiku's.....maybe work on that and turn it in as homework, lol.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the forums then.... its pretty simple.

Isn't it ironic, she posts a thread complaining about ****ty attitudes, and it takes no time for one to rear its ugly head.
    Good job buddy, your short and simplistic reply pretty much helped her make her case.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    cheetos-girl1.jpg

Sweet, this picture proves that I could totally kill two birds with one stone.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'll take good, snarky advice over sweet, kind nonsense every day. Example:

"You know you really should lift, it's better than that other crap you're doing."

"Oh honey it's ok! You keep eating 6 tiny meals between 7am and 5pm! You're working so hard at it it's gotta work!"

One of these is actually helpful advice. It doesn't matter how you sugar coat it. Get the truth. THAT'S what we're actually here for. If you just want someone to tell you how special you are call your mother.

It does not have to be a choice between one or the other. Truth and tact are not mutually exclusive. And one can be blunt and dispense sound advice with out being unkind.

Say what you mean-mean what you say--but don't say it mean.

But that's not what OP is even talking about

There are people on MFP---who are ONLY invested in saying it or anything ---that come to their minds
    mean.
    They have an AGENDA---

OP--not sure if there's a solution --you might be preaching to the choir--but encourage the report button--that could be helpful---those people who get numerous hits will attract someone's in admin's attention.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol id LOVE to know what AGENDA people have for giving blunt bits of truth to struggling strangers on the internet who wont listen anyway.

I bet it has to do with a pyramid scheme. cause we're totally making money doing this.
  • yoovie
    Options
    it pisses me off when I see people like this in the forums that live near me, and go to the same gym I do.

that demand that we all be motivated by the same exact tone of voice.

some of us only hear blunt honest truths and tact makes the point go over our heads or sounds condescending.

not that you give a **** about other people. just saying.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'll take good, snarky advice over sweet, kind nonsense every day. Example:

"You know you really should lift, it's better than that other crap you're doing."

"Oh honey it's ok! You keep eating 6 tiny meals between 7am and 5pm! You're working so hard at it it's gotta work!"

One of these is actually helpful advice. It doesn't matter how you sugar coat it. Get the truth. THAT'S what we're actually here for. If you just want someone to tell you how special you are call your mother.

It does not have to be a choice between one or the other. Truth and tact are not mutually exclusive. And one can be blunt and dispense sound advice with out being unkind.

Say what you mean-mean what you say--but don't say it mean.

But that's not what OP is even talking about

There are people on MFP---who are ONLY invested in saying it or anything ---that come to their minds
    mean.
    They have an AGENDA---

OP--not sure if there's a solution --you might be preaching to the choir--but encourage the report button--that could be helpful---those people who get numerous hits will attract someone's in admin's attention.

Agenda? Really? Is this anything like the "gay" agenda, or the "anti-Christmas" agenda? You know, assigning an agenda to people you don't like/are afraid of/don't understand, rather than any sort of wide and varied group actually having an agenda?

And here, I'm hard pressed to figure out who you're even talking about.
  • yoovie
    Options
    im going to report her at the gym and it's gonna be hilarious. that woman is being mean! lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The biggest things about these threads...
    They truly accomplish nothing. You know. They start little tiffs between the rainbows and sunshine people who text talk, and the people with something in between their ears.
    And it continues. Which futher infects the gaping gash.

Honestly, I've read VERY little report worthy on MFP. The thing is folks, it's not that serious.
    If you cannot see the difference between true disdain, and just some witty retort... then you are just not ready for the adult world.

The "so called mean" people are some of my closest friends and some of the most kind, intellegent and supportive people.
    But why should people with brains really have to suffer fools?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    They truly accomplish nothing. You know. They start little tiffs between the rainbows and sunshine people who text talk, and the people with something in between their ears.

Honestly, I've read VERY little report worthy on MFP. The thing is folks, it's not that serious.
    If you cannot see the difference between true disdain, and just some witty retort... then you are just not ready for the adult world.

The "so called mean" people are some of my closest friends and some of the most kind, intellegent and supportive people.

to me, that's the money quote. i'm seeing the words "bully" and "troll" being thrown around with increasing frequency, but with decreasing accuracy. the only bullies i've seen on this site are the ones who insist that everything posted on the site MUST adhere to their sensibilities and anything that doesn't, gets reported.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is still going.

With that said, if you think this place is mean....pretty much stay away from any other message boards on the interwebz.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

:love:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Yepp there's a little clique here, very much like in high school where they get a real kick out of making others feel stupid. But I've noticed it's the same people over and over, the majority of the people on this site are kind and gracious. :flowerforyou:
    When I first joined this site, I was overwhelmed with how incredibly open, honest, encouraging, and kind people were. As I entered the world of the "message boards" I quickly discovered that there were several "trolls" and that was disheartening. I suppose it should be expected, but the truth is that this site seems professional in a sense, and has a sense of well-being. It's sad that there are rude people who try to ruin it for everyone by being rude and sarcastic. I guess it's just disgusting, but all you can do is back out and just contribute as positively as you can. I suppose the people who do this take part in negativity because it's all they know and it's the only way they know to communicate.
    :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:love:

:drinker: