Over 200 Club Back to School Group (open Group)

Options
Well guys and gals here is the new post and I hope we all are reaching our goals that we have set for ourselves.My new goal is to lose another 15 pounds before Thanksgiving and not to pig out on Thanksgiving Day.Share your goals and ideas with me I would love to help you reach them.If you are new to the group WELCOME.Weigh ins are Fridays and challenges are weekly and set by our biggest loser for that week.Hope to see you join us and if you already have I am glad your here.
Have a Blessed day
Ann

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    copied and pasted from the old link:tongue:

Hello everyone. I am sooo excited today. I lost the 2 pounds I gained last week (I did not think it was real weight considering I did maintenance cals all week) Plus I lost 2.2 pounds. I am not counting the the first 2 because I did not record them.

My percentage of weight loss this week is .9%

Wow snowflakes great percentage of weight loss. You are doing great.

mscocoa, 1.8 pounds good job. Don't forget to check your percentage

jlb123 Wow 4 pounds this week. I am sure you will have the highest percentage of weight loss with that kind of number

Here is the link for those of you who want to check your percentage. Remember the one with the highest percentage chooses our challenge this week.

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

andrea, you want to get healthy and you want to look good for that wedding. So do it. Your young and beautiful, and you deserve to feel that way by getting your self on a healthy road. We do not have to do this all in a couple of weeks. We need to start on the path and keep headed in that direction. I know you can do it. You are going to school and working. You have the drive to succeed in what you set your mind to. Now Girl, get that mind set to being healthy. We are all here for you, we all understand the difficulty of this journey and we understand how overwhelming it can be. But we know together with each others support and with our own desire we can do this. So lets get it done!!!

awestfall, so proud of you on the 4 pounds lost

C'mon girls, we are going to head down the road to being the under 200's team. We can do this.

Hey Jenn, you are looking so good. I am proud of you
  • Momma2four
    Options
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    My percentage was 1.7 (I say as I eat half of an evil cookie from the package one of my coworker's sat on top of the file cabinet to torture everyone :mad:). At least I haven't caved and eaten any part of the *3* cakes that have been up there over the last 2 weeks. :noway: These people are crazy. :grumble:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Copied and pasted from the other thread.

Happy friday everyone.

Well I weighed in this morning, was 1.5 lbs down (.49 percent - if i did that right, i think i did)
    Sw-310 / cw 302 / gw 160 . That is a 8 lbs loss for me now....8lbs i don't ever ever want to see.

I am so hoping i can get under 300 next week...i will be doing the happy dance if i do :)
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Copied and pasted from the other thread.

Happy friday everyone.

Well I weighed in this morning, was 1.5 lbs down (.49 percent - if i did that right, i think i did)
    Sw-310 / cw 302 / gw 160 . That is a 8 lbs loss for me now....8lbs i don't ever ever want to see.

I am so hoping i can get under 300 next week...i will be doing the happy dance if i do :)

Good For you!!! That is really exciting and I know you can get under 300 very soon!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Scale didn`t move at all this week, but I think I am retaining water because my face was puffy when I woke up today. I will weight in again tomorrow and see.

Congrats on the weight loss this week ladies!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey Everyone, wanted to wish you all a nice weekend. Probably will not see ya until Mon. Husband has a tendancy to occupy all my time on the weekend. I DO NOT mind though he is my honey:blushing:
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just posting my stats in this thread. I started this week at 230.4 down to 228.6. Sheesh, I finally figured out how to use the calculator. :laugh: My percentage is 0.78%.

Hope all have a good night...chat with you all tomorrow.

~Jay
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I am very excited we have a big neighboordhood garage sale today,l and I found an elliptical machine for 15.00. the arms are kind broken , i found replacement parts it would be like 50.00, think will wait on that and just work on it the way it is, and maybe a little later get those.

went over my calories i think yesterday, we went out but i did try to make the best decision, we endeed up having a little dessert, we got it free cuase they messed up our stuff...should of just said no, it was a little peanut butter pie that I shared with my hubby and 2yr old.

Went to a place called ceral bar this morning, this is our new favorite place, my girls love it. YOu can get ceral and oatmeal with stuff in it. I got oatmeal with brown sugar, walnuts, and toastted cocnut, probalby not the lowest calories but i am sure better than a mcgriddle form mcdonalds. Then for lunch had chick fila , my normal grilled chick sandwich and salad., had an ice cream too, suprised the cones only ahve liked 170 , i am sure i didn't need it.

So now I will have to get on my new elliptical tonight to work some of that off.

Oh yeah and got me a new 1.00 pedomter at the dollar store, my other one half the numbers don't show up.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Mamma2four thanks for getting me to the right spot. I really thought that I was already on this link:embarassed: Maybe someday day I will learn how and why these links work , but for now I'm just thrilled to push a button and have it do what I think it is goining to:laugh: :laugh:

I have stayed within my calories today but have got to get more water in. Usually water isn't an issue with me. :bigsmile: Have a great evening.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Checking In: I'm at 238 ... down .4 from last week, so basically the same. I'm ok with that though, I'm feeling back on track and I know I will see some loss next week if I can keep it up. I woke up Thursday morning feeling physically better than I have since the end of August when I got the flu (for the first time), and I'm able to not feel so sad all the time about my Aunt's passing. It's nice to feel more positive about things again.

andrea: You were looking for motivation. I will tell you that I wish I had been able to find it at your age. I gained almost all my weight in my 20's, starting in college and getting worse after I got married and had kids. I wanted to stop gaining, and tried various diets off and on for the last 25 years ... FINALLY, I feel like I'm going to be able to do it this time. I really wish I could go back in time and find this motivation back then. My main motivation now isn't for a specific event ... it's just for ME. I want food to be less important in my life because I am more important to me than I have been before. I'm happy that I'm doing it now, but if I could re-live the last 25 years as a thinner, happier, more active person ... I would do it! Don't wait, keep working at it now! You can do it!

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Well I didn't make it out of the 250's this week, but I am close. I only lost .7 pounds (.27%) this week.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, I check my measurements again today (it's been 3 weeks since the first time I took them) and I've lost 3 inches from my waist, 3 inches from my hips, and an inch from my chest. Woot! :drinker:

I've been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred every day for 3 days in a row now. I can feel my muscles getting stronger and my stamina improving. I haven't seen the scale budge in a few days now so I guess I'm either building muscle or my muscles are retaining water due to the new more strenuous workout. That's fine with me though, I know I'm changing my body whether the scale moves or not. :smile:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to check my measurements to see if I am loosing any inches, but got to find my tape measure first :laugh: :laugh: I just moved in august and can't find half my stuff.

I wore my jeans and the felt to me a little big, they didn't fall off or anything but several times i had to pull them up.

I worked out on my 15.00 elliptical today for the 1st time. I did good i think, i hadn't done that much cardio i think in a while. I did 15 minutes and burned 130 calories. I am going to try a little hard each time...I know I am out of shape but figure every day that i do anything will be more than I have done pretty much every day in the past so that is good.
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Good for you! I really want an elliptical, but for now I do have my treadmill.

Taking measurements is a great way to see your progress, especially on the weeks that the scale doesn't budge it's nice to see that the inches are coming off and you are moving in the right direction.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I really want an elliptical, but for now I do have my treadmill.

Taking measurements is a great way to see your progress, especially on the weeks that the scale doesn't budge it's nice to see that the inches are coming off and you are moving in the right direction.
    Really bad weekend for me but todays a new day and I am already making great choices.Hopefully I will have a big loss this week.I am turn the heat up for myself.I am hardcore at it exercising this week and in the weeks to come.I have a goal to meet before the end of the year and I am going to meet it.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I didn't have a great day yesterday - Anniversary party at the in-laws ... about as pleasant as poking sticks in my eyes ... so I stood by the snack table way more than I should have. On top of that ate too many helpings of goulash for dinner - comfort eating because I was feeling a bit down again. But I'm back on track today, packed my lunch and breakfast ... always better than trying to find something healthy at the cafeteria grill.

Have a good day everyone!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Had to adjust my goals since I didn't have a good month ... that's a little de-motivating. :angry:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Wow! :angry: poking sticks in your eyes...Not good. My Mom always says "you can pick your friends but not your family".:laugh: Glad for all of us that it is a new week. We can do this, a day at a time,eat well and move.
    Have a great one!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hello everyone hope you all had a wonderful weekend! (lstpaul, poke sticks in your eye:huh: I hope you had a great weekend with that little exception:laugh: ) I had a good weekend.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. I am pretty busy today.

I wanted to share something with you all. About 7 years ago my husband and I with our then 3 children moved in with my mom to save some money to buy the house we currently live in. But my moms house was small 2 bedrooms about 700 sq. ft. It was tiny. But she kept it spotless and was very particular about it. So everyday (because I am a stay at home mom) after I got the 2 girls to school. I would make beds, vaccume the entire house mop the kitchen and the bathroom (of course sweep first) My moms floors were white so before she got home I would sweep and mop the kitchen again. I scrubbed the bathtub everyday. I lived there for 5 months and lost 17 pounds without dieting and I really believe it was because I kept her house spotless. I mean I would mop at least 2x a day. Some times 3x. I had my youngest daughter at home with me and inbetween cleaning I was taking care of her. I keep my house clean but not like that. I am wondering if I start cleaning like a mad woman again if that would help burn some calories. Just a thought and ramble about cleaning.:noway: I just got done cleaning my house but no mopping. Maybe I'll start the mopping part tomorrow:laugh: