Over 200 Club Back to School Group (open Group)

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options

I pulled out my silly Gazelle exercise machine last night. I haven't used it in years. I'm wondering what you guys think I should log it as in the exercise log? I wore my HRM and I burned about the same amount of calories as I would have on an elliptical but it has a different motion than an elliptical so I'm just not sure. I guess it doesn't matter much as long as the calories are right on the log.

I would go with the elliptical, but you do know that you can add your own exercise to your exercise log. There is a phrase next to your enter button that says "add an exercise not listed" You could type in Gazelle and it will be on your list when you want to use it.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

YES! let's check in daily with our progress. Admitting to each other the good and bad will hopefully keep me focused through the holidays. Those darn calories add up too quickly! Since several of us are new, I feel like this will help us all get on the same page.

As far as the challenge goes I would like to suggest we keep up with the push-ups this week since we are already half way to weighing in again. As I looked back from last Fridays postings we had a tie of 1%. How is a tie breaker determined in this group? Then hopefully by Friday evening or Saturday morning (when ever all agrees is a doable time) a new challenge is in place. That will give us each a whole week to work on it. What does everyone else think?

Until later...:wink:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Daily checkin sounds great.

I think my biggest problem is the water...I did great on exercise today 30 minutes...woohoo, still think when i enter it in it is giving me way too much credit. I usally don't even go over my nomral calories so I am not using any of them.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I like the daily check in and I like the ongoing challenges. Thanks for the pep talk Momma! :flowerforyou:

I just got back to my desk from my 45 minute lunch walk. I must've walked harder than usual because it's not even hot outside and I'm sweating like crazy. :embarassed: I'm skipping out on work tonight because I just don't feel like it. I thought I was getting sick with a cold yesterday. I'm coughing a little and my nose was a little stuffy and my throat was killing me and I felt really hot all day. But thankfully I feel much better today except now my stomach is being weird. I just can't win! :laugh:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Great pep-talk Momma2four ... and good challenge ideas. I'm in agreement with all of it.

Last week I did 260 minutes, so I'm adding 5 for this week to 265 minutes, and I'll keep doing the pushup challenge.

I kind of did my daily check-in earlier ... but here are the questions for yesterda:
    Did I stay within a healthy calorie range today? no
    Did I exercise today? no
    Did I drink my minimum of 64 ounces of water today? yes
    Share something that you are proud of about yourself ? didn't eat out for lunch
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am glad that most of you seem to be onboard.

snowflakes, I like your idea of extending the wall pushups for another week. I think it is also a good idea to have the challenges begin on Sat. morning-friday. So we really have to be aware of who our biggest loser is and post that challenge before bed on friday. A good way to check to see who is the biggest loser is by using the mens calculator. Although, that other calculator is much easier it rounds off your weight loss. If your percentage is 1.6% the other calculator will say your weight loss is 2%. Get it, it rounds off the percetage. The mens calculator gives you exact weight loss percentage. I used the easier calculator last week and it said my percentage of weight loss was 0% but the mens calculator said my .4 pounds was .11% . It gave me something. Any way here is our link again for that .

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

We are just waiting for a few more girls to post their opinion but it appears that a majority of us like the idea. So I think the minutes added and the daily check in should just be an on-going challenge that stays the same and the biggest loser challenge changes every sat. okay?
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas momma. I am all for check in daily and keeping track of exercise mins weekly.

I will check in tomorrow with my progress.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I will check in in the morning....I did check and I did 100 min of exercise last week....So 105 this week....I am already up to like 70 minutes already and it is only Tuesday :)

I agree i like the men calculator better too...like last week the other on said i was 1% when actually i was like 1.4
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Today
    Did I stay within a healthy calorie range today? yes
    Did I exercise today? yes 1.25 hr walk - 423 calories burned
    Share something that you are proud of about yourself ? I am starting to really feel good about myself again. It is nice to have my self esteem back!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm checking in!

Did I stay within a healthy calorie range today? yes! 1400 calories eaten
    Did I exercise today? YES! 1300 calories burned!
    Did I drink my minimum of 64 ounces of water today? yes 96oz and counting
    Share something that you are proud of about yourself ? Super happy about exercising 45 minutes extra than planned this evening. That was an extra 500+ calories burned. :smile:

Also, I exercised 456 minutes last week (I wasn't lying when I said I ramped up my exercise routine). I'm going to try to hit at least an even 460 minutes this week.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Did I stay within a healthy calorie range today? Yes, a little high but still good 1800

Did I exercise today? 1 hour walk

Did I drink my minimum of 64 ounces of water today? Yes plus some

Share something that you are proud of about yourself ? I am proud that even though I am having some personal upsets, I am still chugging a long. I am proud that I took a walk when I did not feel like it.

I love doing this because it makes me want to try harder........... Maybe we should actually put how many calories we ate. I don't know if that would make some of us uncomfortable and I understand that. But just now putting 1800 calories eaten in public made me want to eat less. What do you guys think.? I do not want to put pressure on anyone because I want everyone to feel comfortable about posting. But I think as a personal tool to help myself I may just put my cal intake for the world to see.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    check in:
    calorie range? yes 1,317
    exercise? yes stationary bike and pushups
    water? yes
    proud of? Not eating seconds at lunch or dinner. (I wanted more)
    Good night all:yawn:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I have been way off the wagon, and a little down about it. Took a 30 min walk yesterday to get myself back on track , gonna go again right now.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    check in:
    calorie range? yes 1654
    exercise? yes 30 minutes on the elliptical and 20 min workout on biggest looser
    water? no :( I got 32 oz ( it is more than I have been so I am proud of that.
    proud of? Doing elliptical for 30 minutes, longest I have done
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Here's my check in: Even though I have been staying within my calories since the start of the week, I have not been eating as healthy as I would like. I had a death in my family and I've kind of lost my appetite. I also have not been working out other than spending my days cleaning the house. I try to eat something. It may not be the best choice but I try. Already the scale is reflecting that I have lost 3 pounds and the week isn't over. I've updated my ticker but I'm a little skeptical because I know this kinda of weight-loss usually doesn't last. We'll see.
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    check in:
    calorie range? yes 1654
    exercise? yes 30 minutes on the elliptical and 20 min workout on biggest looser
    water? no :( I got 32 oz ( it is more than I have been so I am proud of that.
    proud of? Doing elliptical for 30 minutes, longest I have done

Is that the Biggest Loser Wii game you did? I am wondering how it is, I might get it for myself for Christmas.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did I stay within a healthy calorie range today? yes ... but only because I burned so many calories, I was over more than I like at 2200 with more snacking and butter than I should have had
    Did I exercise today? yes - burned 1500
    Share something that you are proud of about yourself ? hard workout at the Y for 90 minutes, and made good food choices for dinner after I got home (which is usually a very bad time for me and food)

andrea: we all fall off the wagon from time to time, I've been off the wagon every-other-day recently ... just get back on track and you will do fine. You can do it!

mscocoa30: I'm sorry for your loss, I just went through that recently too and it has done a number on my motivation - at first I lost weight because I wasn't eating, then I gained it back from 'comfort eating' and now I'm having to work really hard to get back on track. Just take care of yourself for now.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    mscocoa, so sorry to hear that you had a death in your family. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.:flowerforyou:

Andrea, glad you are back.. You CAN and WILL do this... :flowerforyou:

Everyone, I love reading your post about how many cals you ate, exercise you did, and what you are proud of. It is so motivational.:love:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    momma2four: I am so confident with the resources available now that your son will do well. With as young as he is I think that is great advantage. So glad to hear that you were happy with outcome of the appointment.

awestfal: If I ever win big money I'll pass some your way.:laugh: It can be so stressful meeting all the needs of a family. It is nice that your sister can help you out. :flowerforyou:
    Thanks !!! Things are definitely lookin better this week.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Well as far as the challenges go I did horribla on food already today but I promise to log and make better choices tomorrow.I need to really stop associating food with comfort.I am going to challenge myself to exercise my stress away.I am off to exercise right now.Thanks Momma for the pep talk I really needed it.Love you guys!!!! Keep up the great work!!