Senior Golden Sneakers Club~~~~~~~~~ November

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Jake called this morning from the airport in Santa Barbara just before getting on the plane.......he has a short layover in Sacramento before catching the plane to Seattle, then he gets the shuttle for the 2 hour ride to get home from the airport......if all goes according to schedule, he should be home for supper :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: He had such a great time that he wants us both to go to this thing next year.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Jeffrey, your workout makes my exercise bike riding and dog walking look relaxed by comparison.......but someone said that the best exercise is the one tha you'll do...your Thanksgiving plans sound like a storybook event.....I'm so glad for you

:flowerforyou: Sandy I'm so sorry about the stuff you lost on your computer. I'm glad you have such a positive attitude about it.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Beth, you may not be a senior but you're certainly the one with the golden sneakers with all the great running you do.

Gotta go, the dogs are barking at the cat next door and i have to chase the cat away so they can't see him any more:laugh:
    hugs:heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hi What a nice respmse to our list. Thanks you guys.

I was talking to a coup;e of ex Nieces and they both are wearing wigs, So I went out and bought me one this morning and I love it. Jerry don't know what to think, but he did say I look younger and that if look natiually
    Will post a picture of me if I can get My camera working, do far it is not trasfering the pictures to my Computer. I will keep trying:sad: :sad: :sad:

Marie
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Hi everyone from sunny Saskatchewan. We took Neil in for his bath and then went out for lunch, our usual Monday. We didn't need to go for groceries today which was nice. Other than that nothing going on here. I can't remember if I told you I got a rice cooker for my birthday so today I am going to try it out. Not sure what I will cook to go with it but hope the rice turns out. :wink: I love electric appliances and have a need to have them all!! At least that is what Dave says. The kids tease me endlessly about my appliance garage. For some reason I have never had a rice cooker and my sister has been so happy with hers. Now I feel like I am making excuses for wanting something that I didn't really need. :wink: I will let you know what I think tomorrow.

Sandy -- My year of birth is 1949 and I don't mind it being listed. I hope your husband was able to get in to see the Dr., sorry he is unwell. About the drinking, we can try to wish it away but until the person decides to make a change it won't happen. I know that you know that but I also know that it can influence a family so much. You are very smart not to own his problem and I really admire you for that. I grew up with a lot of drinking in my extended family and for some reason it was more accepted then. I also think the same thought pattern can happen with weight problems. I have found wishing just doesn't make it happen!!

Marie -- I can't wait to see you in your wig! How cool are you?!

Barbie -- Hope you enjoyed the skating. I surely did. I held my breath watching our dancers, amazing. They are all amazing and work so hard. Glad you will have Jake home today.

Jeffrey -- Wow, what an exhausting weekend. It sounds like you will be having fun this week. I love to have the kids stay over. They live so close that it rarely happens but they always stay over Christmas eve which is just around the corner.

Hi to the rest of you. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We just lack a few more birthdays so I am moving this her to see if we can get the rest of you.

Sandy, And all Seniors, Here is a list of our current Seniors. If I left anyone out let me know. I have it save so the first of december I will post it at the top. You can click on quote and add your Birthday then Hit reply Please add your birthday to the list

Marie Nov. 7.1930
    Gayla Nov 20
    Phoebe july 26
    Jeffrey, September 25, 1953
    Barbiecat March 25,1946
    Barb/weaklink109): April 6, 1954
    Beth 24 Feb 1971 (guess I dont qualify as a Senior but if you ask my 15 year old I am)
    Sandy March 10, 1942
    Birdie
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake October 10, 1945

I got rid of all the quote upon quote clutter with some selective erasing

Edited by Sandydur on Mon 11/23/09 08:20 AM

"One Day at a Time"

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." Report Post|Quote|Reply
    Sandydur
    Joined Jan 2009
    Mon 11/23/09 08:20 AMGreat Idea Marie, even if we are the oldest members.

My son did my computer and in doing so somehow lost all my pictures from 2009. He feels really bad so I am just going to let it go. I am sure others have pictures of what happened in 2009.

Dinner was good and the company was great. The nuns enjoyed themselves and had fun. If only my step son would stop drinking.

My husband is still not feeling well so I better call the doctor back and see if I can get him in today.

Will check in later, enjoy your Monday.

Sandy

"One Day at a Time"

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference." Report Post|Quote|Reply
    jeffrey71
    Joined Dec 2008
    Mon 11/23/09 08:22 AMGood Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We ran our butt's off! Everything went well. Seen the mothers for thier b-days and made it to Sam's receital. We were inthe car 11 hours on Saturday. We started at 7:00 in the morning and got back home at 2:00 on Sunday morning. I am beat! I think I am more tired today than yesterday. I got my workout in last night and it was all I could do to motivate myself to finish it. I had strength training about 300 pushups and chin ups and some weights, then my ab workout, about 350 drunches of different types and then a 2 mile run. Actually I felt better after the workout than before. Amanda is home and still sleeping! LOL some things never change. Sam will be home on Wednesday then the circus starts! Day and I have to work all week with the exception of Thanksgiving.
    We still do not know who all is coming for Thanksgiving Dinner. We are planning for about 10. I think we are going to start making the pies and such tonight. Anyway that is about it from Indiana for now.

I did add my b-date to the list. Everyone have a great day!

Jeffrey
    Report Post|Quote|Reply
    barbiecat
    Joined Feb 2009
    Mon 11/23/09 08:58 AM Jake called this morning from the airport in Santa Barbara just before getting on the plane.......he has a short layover in Sacramento before catching the plane to Seattle, then he gets the shuttle for the 2 hour ride to get home from the airport......if all goes according to schedule, he should be home for supper He had such a great time that he wants us both to go to this thing next year.

Jeffrey, your workout makes my exercise bike riding and dog walking look relaxed by comparison.......but someone said that the best exercise is the one tha you'll do...your Thanksgiving plans sound like a storybook event.....I'm so glad for you

Sandy I'm so sorry about the stuff you lost on your computer. I'm glad you have such a positive attitude about it.

Beth, you may not be a senior but you're certainly the one with the golden sneakers with all the great running you do.

Gotta go, the dogs are barking at the cat next door and i have to chase the cat away so they can't see him any more
    hugs Barbie
    November goals: *use my exercise videos *do yoga *never, never, never give up

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."
    "The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
    "When you fall down, don't forget to pick something up." Report Post|Quote|Reply
    CALIECAT
    Joined Dec 2008
    Mon 11/23/09 11:54 AM
    Hi What a nice respmse to our list. Thanks you guys.

I was talking to a coup;e of ex Nieces and they both are wearing wigs, So I went out and bought me one this morning and I love it. Jerry don't know what to think, but he did say I look younger and that if look natiually
    Will post a picture of me if I can get My camera working, do far it is not trasfering the pictures to my Computer. I will keep trying

Marie [/ur

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach

Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Report Post|Quote|Reply
    Lafla
    Joined Dec 2008
    Mon 11/23/09 12:36 PMHi everyone from sunny Saskatchewan. We took Neil in for his bath and then went out for lunch, our usual Monday. We didn't need to go for groceries today which was nice. Other than that nothing going on here. I can't remember if I told you I got a rice cooker for my birthday so today I am going to try it out. Not sure what I will cook to go with it but hope the rice turns out. I love electric appliances and have a need to have them all!! At least that is what Dave says. The kids tease me endlessly about my appliance garage. For some reason I have never had a rice cooker and my sister has been so happy with hers. Now I feel like I am making excuses for wanting something that I didn't really need. I will let you know what I think tomorrow.

Sandy -- My year of birth is 1949 and I don't mind it being listed. I hope your husband was able to get in to see the Dr., sorry he is unwell. About the drinking, we can try to wish it away but until the person decides to make a change it won't happen. I know that you know that but I also know that it can influence a family so much. You are very smart not to own his problem and I really admire you for that. I grew up with a lot of drinking in my extended family and for some reason it was more accepted then. I also think the same thought pattern can happen with weight problems. I have found wishing just doesn't make it happen!!

Marie -- I can't wait to see you in your wig! How cool are you?!

Barbie -- Hope you enjoyed the skating. I surely did. I held my breath watching our dancers, amazing. They are all amazing and work so hard. Glad you will have Jake home today.

Jeffrey -- Wow, what an exhausting weekend. It sounds like you will be having fun this week. I love to have the kids stay over. They live so close that it rarely happens but they always stay over Christmas eve which is just around the corner.

We just lack a few more birthdays so I am moving this her to see if we can get the rest of you.

Sandy, And all Seniors, Here is a list of our current Seniors. If I left anyone out let me know. I have it save so the first of december I will post it at the top. You can click on quote and add your Birthday then Hit reply Please add your birthday to the list

Marie Nov. 7.1930
    Gayla Nov 20
    Phoebe july 26
    Jeffrey,
    Barbiecat March 25,1946
    Beth 24 Feb 1971 (guess I dont qualify as a Senior but if you ask my 15 year old I am)
    Sandy March 10, 1942
    Birdie
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake October 10, 1945 [/ur

Barbiecat March 25,1946
    Sandy March 10, 1942
    Birdie
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake October 10, 1945
  • CALIECAT

Marie Nov. 7.1930
    Gayla Nov 20
    Phoebe july 26
    Barbiecat March 25,1946
    Sandy March 10, 1942
    Birdie
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake October 10, 1945
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member

Marie Nov. 7.1930
    Gayla Nov 20
    Phoebe july 26
    Barbiecat March 25,1946
    Sandy March 10, 1942
    Birdie
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake October 10, 1945
  • Sandydur
    Good job Marie. :heart: I am playing cards early today but just wanted to pop in and say hi.

I will check in later to see how wonderful your day is.

Sandy
  • Sandydur

Marie Nov. 7.1930
    Gayla Nov 20 1949
    Phoebe july 26
    Barbiecat March 25,1946
    Sandy March 10, 1942
    Birdie
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake October 10, 1945
  • Sandydur
    Ok sorry about the double or more posts. I was trying to make some changes to Marie's post because Jeffrey's birth year was listed as 1058 and I was adding Gayla's birth year but somehow the posts got messed up.

I think all is right now. :bigsmile:
  • Good Morning Everyone!

Cool and damp here with a lot of fog. More news with our mothers. Day's mom is being evaluated for a memory care unit. This would just be a different area from where she is now. It is just rough hearing it. My mother may have to have a hip or knee or both replaced soon. We will know more about that next week. Everything else is fine.

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving. My weight is really down pretty good so I will eat! I just love pecan pie. I can't leave one of those alone! I don't want to even guess at the calorie count in one of those, I don't care! LOL

I trust that everyone is well and happy!

Jeffrey
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Sandy, And all Seniors, Here is a list of our currant Seniors. If I left anyone out let me know. I have it save so the first of december I will post it at the top. You can click on quote and add your Birthday then Hit reply Pleade add your birthday to the list

Marie Nov. 7.1930
    Gayla Nov 20
    Phoebe
    Jeffrey,
    Barbiecat
    Barbs
    Beth
    Sandy
    Birdie March 30, 1948
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake
  • BirdieM

Marie Nov. 7.1930
    Gayla Nov 20 1949
    Phoebe july 26
    Barbiecat March 25,1946
    Sandy March 10, 1942
    Birdie March 30, 1948
    Elli
    Nancy
    Ellen
    Jake October 10, 1945

I suppose I should have put it on the most current list:embarassed:
    BirdieM
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Jake is out trading in his little red car for something more practical for him to use in his business. The little red car was like a vacation in a tropical paradise
    fun while it lasted before returning to the real world

We still haven't heard from the people who invited us for Thanksgiving so we don't know where we're going, what time to be there, or what to bring.....but in the spirit of "one day at a time" we really don't need to know until sometime tomorrow.:laugh:

Whatever we do for Thanksgiving, I'll be putting all of you on my thankful list
    :heart: :heart: :heart: hugs, Barbie
  • BirdieM
    :wink: Just popping in for a quick hello as I am at work. I have been extremely busy! I have hardly had time to sit and post never mind ....read the posts!:noway: But with everything going on, I am doing well with the food / exercise issue:drinker: :drinker:

I am thinking of you all.... and as I glance through the posts, I say a prayer for you even though I can't address each one!

Hoping to post tomorrow as I am getting weighed.:blushing:
    My husband is telling my MIL that she is going into a Nursing Home from the rehab place, tonight. Poor thing. :ohwell: It won't be easy for either of them and I have a Chiropractor's appointment so I can't even be there for him:frown: But he'll be fine....I'm placing them in the good Lord's hands.:flowerforyou:

My plan for Thanksgiving is just to eat very small portions. I am going to look up the foods in the data base , before Thanksgiving, and have a plan. :flowerforyou: I am also making sugar free jello with bananas and strawberries and have some low cal cool whip on hand. As I am hosting the meal, I will make sure I have string beans and salad as part of the meal. I don't want anyone thinking that I'm not eating! (They think I must be starving or something:laugh: ). Just better choices and exercise. I will exercise first thing in the morning to compensate for the extra calories:wink:

AND I WILL THINK OF ALL THE THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR....ESPECIALLY MFP AND ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES!
    Take care!
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Best wishes to you all as you celebrate Thanksgiving. I used my new Rice Cooker last night and it turned out quite nice. I will add a bit more water next time as I like the rice a bit softer although it was good. I added peppers, onion, celery and mushrooms to the rice and then didn't have to do a thing except wait for it to cook. Next time I may try adding in some meat. Tonight I am making spaghetti and meat sauce, Dave's favorite. It is Dave's birthday next week and wouldn't you know it my live theater night falls on his birthday. He has given me a bit of hard time but says to go and enjoy it, he will have a peanut butter sandwich. I did invite him along to see 'Little Women' but he declined. I know I will enjoy it. December 1st we are going to see the So You Think You Can Dance tour. By we, I mean my sister, friend and I. Again Dave will be enjoying his own company.

I am off work tomorrow and then will work Thursday morning, my retirement tea is Thursday afternoon, and I will work part of Friday and then I will be done!!

Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :smile: :heart:
  • BirdieM
    Happy Thanksgiving Eve Day to all!!! I lost another lb!:blushing:
    This is my menu for tomorrow!
    As you can see, I am not sacrificing anything but picking and choosing what I am eating plus my water and 30 min of exercise (150 cal.)

This is the summary:
    Breakfast- 3/4 C Honey Nut Cheerioes w/ a banana, 1/2 C 2% milk & Dannon Activia (reg not lite)

Lunch- Fuji Apple

Dinner: 3 oz of Turkey, with 1/2 cup of Bread stuffing, yams, butternut squash, Green beans. 2 T Cran Sauce, 1/8 c gravy, a sliver (taste of Apple pie and pumpkin pie)

If I want more of a treat for a snack : Jello w/ bananas & Strawberries & 2 T Cool Whip lite

Thursday November 26, 2009

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Calcium Sodium

Breakfast

General Millls - Honey Nut Cheerios (Gram Weight Included), 28 g (3/4 Cup)
    Banana - 1 Medium Fresh Banana, 8 INCHES
    Dannon - Yogurt - Activia 4 Pack Mixed Berry 4 oz. Cups, 113 g

Total
    360 77 5 10 33 260

Lunch
    Generic - Fugi Apple, 1.5 medium

Total
    120 33 0 1 3 0

Dinner

Googzy's - White Meat Cooked Turkey, 3 oz

Ocean Spray - Jellied Cranberry Sauce, 1/8 cup

Stove Top Stuffing - Turkey Stuffing, 0.5 cup

Kroger - Yams , 1/2 Cup

Generic - Beans, Green Snap or String, Boiled, Drained, No Salt Added, 1 cup

Squash - Winter, butternut, frozen, cooked, boiled, with salt, 0.5 cup, mashed

Heinz - Homestyle Turkey Gravy, 1/4 cup

Pie - Pumpkin, 0.25 piece (1/8 of 9" dia) .25 of a piece (sliver)

Pie - Apple, 0.25 piece (1/8 of 9" dia) .25 of a piece (sliver)

Butter - Salted, 1 pat (1" sq, 1/3" high)

Total for meal:
    679 103 14 7 8 1,010

Snacks

Cool Whip - Whipped Topping - Lite, 2 tbsp

Fruit - Banana - Medium 7 Inch, 0.5 whole

Strawberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 0.5 cup, thawed

Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Strawberry, 0.5 container

Total Snack
    117 27 1 1 3 3

Total for the day
    1,276 240 20 19 47 1,273

Your Daily Goal: 1,350 185 45 50 100 2,500

Remaining: 74 -55 25 31 53 1,227
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Calcium Sodium

*You've earned 150 extra calories from exercise today

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

BirdieM:heart:
  • barbiecat
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: We finally talked to the people that invited us for Thanksgiving so now we have directions to their house, arrival time (3PM) and what to bring. They said dessert or appetizer snacks so since I no longer eat or prepare dessert, I chose appetizer. Hubby suggested hummus and fresh veggies and since we have time in the morning for preparation, i can cut up cauliflower, broccoli, and peppers:smile::smile: :smile: We like the red pepper hummus that we get at Costco. We are boarding the dogs so we don't have to worry about them while we're gone and don't have to find a willing neighbor to walk them on a holiday. We'll take them in today and pick them up on Friday morning. The people we'll be with are one of hubby's longest and best friends, his wife whom we've met only once, their 5 month old daughter that we've not seen and his mom whom we've never met and maybe some other people. It promises to be a great day

:flowerforyou: Birdie, thanks for sharing your eating plan for Thanksgiving Day. This is my first "sensible eating" Thanksgiving so I'm happy for every suggestion and plan to help me prepare for tomorrow.

:flowerforyou: Gayla, does your rice cooker just cook rice or did you put those other ingredients in with the rice and cook them together?

Time to shower and head for line dance. I'm so glad the teacher didn't cancel today's class:bigsmile:
    hugs:heart: Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Good Morning!!

Not sure I like this new format or not, it took me a minute to find my topics.:laugh:

I slept in today so I must have been tired. I am more of a night owl and usually don't go to bed before one, but most of the time I am up by 8:30. Today I slept until 9:30, so I feel rested. :smile:

As I mentioned, I ordered a turkey dinner from the Country Club so there will be no cooking. :love: Since there will only be five of us ( one is only 4) it just seemed like the easiest thing to do. Most of our children are out of town, so there are no big celebrations. Having a second a marriage with children who don't get along also puts a damper on Holidays. We never put them together so it gets stressful at times. I am much better now that I go to Al Anon, I learn to take it "One Day at a Time".

I would like to take this day and tell you how grateful I am that I have all of youl as my Internet Friends!!! You have made such a difference in my life, not only with weight and commitment, but in just being there to be able to share my life with you.
    We may never meet in person but each of you is special in your own way, and for that I thank you,

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Sandy
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BirdieM
    Good Morning!!

Not sure I like this new format or not, it took me a minute to find my topics.:laugh:

Most of our children are out of town, so there are no big celebrations. Having a second a marriage with children who don't get along also puts a damper on Holidays. We never put them together so it gets stressful at times. I am much better now that I go to Al Anon, I learn to take it "One Day at a Time".

I would like to take this day and tell you how grateful I am that I have all of youl as my Internet Friends!!! You have made such a difference in my life, not only with weight and commitment, but in just being there to be able to share my life with you.
    We may never meet in person but each of you is special in your own way, and for that I thank you,

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Sandy
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am not crazy about this new format either. You know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks haha!

I'm sorry that the Holidays are strained because of conflicts between family members :( I am blessed to have a family that gets along real well, and seeing what you said, just made me even more grateful!!

Also Ditto to what you said about this website and all our internet friends! What a difference it has made....another thing to be grateful for!

(I wonder what happened to the little happy faces etc. I don't see them in this new format:(

BirdieM :)
  • Sandydur
    Good Morning!!

Most of our children are out of town, so there are no big celebrations. Having a second a marriage with children who don't get along also puts a damper on Holidays. We never put them together so it gets stressful at times. I am much better now that I go to Al Anon, I learn to take it "One Day at a Time".

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Sandy

I am not crazy about this new format either. You know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks haha!

I'm sorry that the Holidays are strained because of conflicts between family members :( I am blessed to have a family that gets along real well, and seeing what you said, just made me even more grateful!!

Also Ditto to what you said about this website and all our internet friends! What a difference it has made....another thing to be grateful for!

(I wonder what happened to the little happy faces etc. I don't see them in this new format:(

BirdieM :)

The smileys are on the top of the post on the right. Click where it says Add Smiley, :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.