Senior Golden Sneakers Club~~~~~~~~~ November

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    Just a quick note to say hi. Daisy starts a new level of obedience class this morning, hope she listens and learns. :bigsmile:

Going to my husband's brother and his wife's 50th wedding anniversary tonight. Looking forward to a fun evening and seeing old friends.

Have a great Saturday!!

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Today is my birthday. I am 79 today. feel like I am 30 in spirit Nothing plan today. Just rest and relax. the Kids will probable drop by. later today.

Sandy Daisy has really grown. She is just adorable. Thanks for sharing her pictures with us.

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Marie, Happy Birthday to you.........this will be the beginning of another great year.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Love and hugs :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Marie--

A birthday wish for you from the "whole gang".....:drinker:

Happy Birthday to you!! WOOF!!!:flowerforyou:
    Happy Birthday to you!! BARK!!:flowerforyou:
    Happy Birthday dear Marie!!! AH OOOOOOO!! (that is a howl, btw):laugh:
    Happy Birthday to you!! LICK! SLURP!!(those are doggie kisses!!:heart::heart:

Hope you have a wonderful day, Marie. :drinker: :drinker:

I ended up not going to Seattle after all. My parents talked themselves out of going, and I didn't want to do a 320 mile one day round trip in the pouring rain, so I stayed home. Now I don't have to go back to work 'til Tuesday and I have 3 days of no plans..Maybe it is time to tackle some housework, but let's not do anything too drastic!!:laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • Sandydur
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE!! I wish I were there to give you a big hug and kiss. :love:

Hope your day is wonderful and all your wishes come true!!!

Love you kiddo,

Sandy
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Happy Birthday, Marie!! Have a wonderful day. :bigsmile: :heart:

Wonder of wonders, my cough has nearly stopped. I am going to go to the concert as I should no longer be communicable. The literature says seven days from the first symptoms and I am far past that. I will be sure to keep my coughs to myself if they show up.

One of these days I will catch up with everyone. For now I want to make sure I have a rest so the music doesn't put me to sleep during the concert!!

take care and keep smiling. gayla :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Gayla, so glad you feel like getting out of the house. Good news. Enjoy:happy: :happy:

You must feel a whole lot better than you did a few days ago. But don't overdo it. It will take time to get back to normal. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for the birtday geetings. You will have one soon. Nov 20th. but a lot youger than my 79.

Marie:love::flowerforyou: :love:
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks for all the..... B_DAY....greetings.

to be 79 I am thankful for my health.my husband, my kids, and all of my friends here.You all make my world go around so much nicely. Marie
  • Sandydur
    Happy Sunday!!
    The anniversary party was great, had so much fun dancing with all the little kids. Too much drinking with the big kids, I always seem to forget how I feel the next day while I am partying the night before. :glasses:
    Will have to let my body heal today by drinking lots of water. :laugh:

It is supposed to be a beautiful day here with temperatures in the 70's. I will take any warm day I can in November. :flowerforyou:

Have a good one.
    Sandy
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou: Barb, lucky you:bigsmile: You were willing to make a huge effort to be of service to your parents and then you didn't have to do it, and ended up with some time for yourself.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I'm glad you had fun last night and sorry that there are so not so good aftereffects

:flowerforyou: Marie, your positive attitude always inspires me

:flowerforyou: Gayla, I'm so glad you're healthy enough to go to hear the music.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I survived the giant potluck gratitude dinner last night. I remembered that someone told me to focus on what I could add to the evening rather than what I would get out of it. I spent a lot of time talking to people and asking them how their lives were going and very little time talking about myself. I sat next to a woman who walks with a walker and told her about what I'd learned from friends on MFP about getting exercise even when you didn't have huge mobility (like Marie with her walker and Liz and her in bed exercises). I took my time going through the food line so I could make good choices and found a salad without cheese or cheesie dressing then added cherry tomatoes and cucumbers from a giant veggie plate and had a bigger than usual portion of turkey (the real stuff) and later when I went to get my dishes, I saw a plate of plain slice apples and had some for dessert While I was serving myself, the woman who brought the apples came up and told me that she had thought that there would be people wanting plain fruit without toppings, then she connected me to a woman who had boxes of apples from her tree and wanted to give them away, so I'll be meeting with that woman in a few days to get several boxes of home grown apples for making applesauce.

I hadn't gotten much exercise during the day because of a meeting for our business and a visit with friends so when we got home from dinner we took turns on the exercise bike, I walked the dogs on the hill, and walked up and down the hall while Jake was on the bike and managed to stay within my food and exercise calories for the day. (I didn't get to bed until after 11 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

We may have some non rainy time today so while Jake's friend comes to visit I will either walk outside for an hour or go walk at WalMart........with my hands in my pocket so I don't shop for entertainment :laugh:
    hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Hi....remember me? :huh: Ive been finding it hard to spend quality time posting or even reading the posts this past week as it's been busy at work and at home.My mil is still in the hospital, so I've been working hard to clean out her appartment, after work, in the event she comes home. My youngest daughter (who lives with us) had the Swine flu this week and my grandaughter (my middle daughter's child) was very sick....thought she had it too:noway: My oldest daughter was fighting to keep her house from going into foreclosure and the list goes on. HOWEVER, God is good and keeps us strong. I have been disciplined and lost another 2 lbs this week. :bigsmile: The sickies are all getting better, my daughter did not lose her house, at least for now, and the sun is shining. :flowerforyou: IT'S A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY...PRAISE GOD! I prayed for all of you( affectionably called my "thread people") (this thread and the 50+ thread, ) last week while on retreat. I never forget you! :love:
    One of the beneficial thoughts I took back after the retreat was this....to never look back but prepare for a grace filled future...God has promised it. So basically, live life without rear view mirrors :laugh: and have EXPECTANT faith even when it's tough! So, as I wait for my daughter to visit, I am grateful for the sunshine, life, relationships....and...oh yes losing another 2 lbs.:blushing:
    This week looks like it will be very busy again, and I may seem to be missing in action...but I am not!
    God bless you all and if I can I'll post.
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • Lafla
    Hi to all you busy people. I did get to go to the concert and it was wonderful. The music from the 40's was so good. However, after going out for 3 hours it has taken me all day to find some energy today. I guess I am not completely over this yet. I will slowly ease into life and be careful.

So sorry for all your families problems, Birdie. It isn't fun being sick!

Barbie-- Wonderful job at the potluck. You will be rewarded when you step on the scale.

Marie-- You are so right, I will be leaving my 50th decade on the 20th. It seems a bit odd but I know I will quickly get used to it. After all, what else can a girl do?

Sandy -- Sounds like a fun time at the party! Take care of yourself today.

Have a nice Sunday evening to everyone. Gayla :smile: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Gayla what were some of the songs in the concerts. I was raise up in a Rodeo community so all we listen to in the 40's were country music.Will post a picture of me with two cowboys. when if if I learned how to scan. I used to know how but forgotten but will try it tomorrow. A lot happen to me in the forties. I finish High School , Got married to Alice and Bruce Father, Harold. .Gain weight lost weightThe story of my life. Had a wonderful honeymoon. Went to a lake with his brother and family and slept on the ground and a big old hog woke us up.Right by our side. Wow.!!!!!!
    But glad you did enjoy the concert .
    Got an e-mail from Phoebe was just home a couple days. She will be off more for Thanksgiving.
    Alice took the box of pecans home with her. so maybe Jim will do some baking. I primise I want eat any. done will well eating out today. We went to a steakhouse that I haven't been to And had a grilled chicke, grilled veggies and salad. and 1/4 piece of a roll. Now that was hard.

Marie
    Marie
  • Lafla
    Hi Marie -- It really is hard to leave fresh bread alone. I am going to try to increase my protein a bit and decrease the carbs, once I get back to eating a little more. For dinner tonight I had about a piece of lasagna (about 2"x3") and a piece of garlic toast. Def. heavy on carbs.

I brought the program home from the concert so I will list the songs for you:
    I'll Get By
    Bye, Bye, Blues
    Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
    Mam'selle (my cousin sang that one in his gorgeous tenor voice)
    Hymn to Love
    It Had to Be You
    Sentimental Journey
    Don't Fence Me In
    Some Enchanted Evening
    Galway Bay
    Glocca Morra
    Bye, Bye, Blackbird
    Now is the Hour
    Heartaches
    I'll Be Seeing You
    Let It Snow
    White Christmas

There were also a couple of medleys by the orchestra which were lovely. We recognized most of the songs which was nice.
    Have a good sleep. Now I am off to bed! Gayla :smile:
  • It's another Monday! But there will never be another like it!

We had a busy week end. down to the mothers (plural) this weekend. Card party at church on Friday, and outside work yesterday. I got a lot done outside. Leaves pretty well cleaned up and back in the woods. Some of the flower beds stripped. I hate the thought that it will be 5 months before the flowers will be back. We are still planning on going to Atlanta on Thursday unless Day's mother has major issues again. She is falling a lot now, but still raising the ****ens! My mother is starting to have more trouble walking now. She has a bad knee and needs to get it worked on and she needs to loose weigh, which would help the knee. She is making some progress but not really enough yet. I keep encouraging her and it seems to help. Sam is getting ready for her Senior Receital on the 21st. and doing well. I am very excited about (hopefully) getting to see Amanda this week. I have not seen her since Fathers Day.

Marie Happy Birthday! (albeit belated!) I hope you had the best day ever!

Gayla you listed some of my favorite songs! Sounds like it was a great time.

Barbie I can't get over how good you look! Great pics.

Sandy your money is now mixed with mine! Coutesy of the Gaming Industry! LOL I have not had a good win in a bit. I am due!

Birdie you hang in there. We have had the same issues in my family too. My cousing just about lost his house but was able to re-fi and keep it, at least for now. These are very rugged times. Your faith is strong and it will see you and yours through.

Take care everyone!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Hello Jeffrey, Look like you had another busy weekend. You haven't had to deal with any snow yet? But I bet its a coming sooner than you want it to.

Not much of anything going on around here. Another beautiful day tho.

Birdie, hope everything calm down in your household.

Barbiecat, I guess you are out walking.

Gayla, hope you are doing fine. That you didn't overdo it the other night. I loved most of those songs and remember them well.

Elli, Sammy wont touch the food now. He is a funny little guy. Jerry just now gave him a bath with the stuff you sent. See how it works.

Beth, Are you still running?

Sandy, Now where are you young lady?

Phoebe, looking forward to you have some time off for Thanksgiving.

I am enjoying this new plan I am on. Alice gave me a sweatshirt That say "Christmas Calories Dont Count" We found it at Cracker Barrell. Oh but they do.

See you guys later

Marie
  • barbiecat
    :flowerforyou: No walking for me today. I took the dogs to the dog park during a brief respite from the storm but otherwise all has been indoors.

Yesterday a friend brought me a pumpkin that didn't get carved for Halloween so I baked it (it was so big that I could only fit half of it in the oven at a time.) peeled it and cut it up and froze it in bags for veggies for the winter. We kept some of it out for our lunch today and it was fabulous. Jake is already dreaming up ideas for soup we could make with it. It will probably be a good substitute for the butternut squash in the butternut squash and apple soup that I made recently.

I did "Sweatin' to the Oldies" this morning. DVD #2 has a weight training and a toning section. I did those after going to the dog park. Then Jake and I did a 20 minute yoga routine with the Rodney Yee video. Now we get to relax.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Gayla, the music you heard sounded wonderful. There are a lot of songs I like on that list.

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey---what a weekend with two mothers on the same trip. Glad to hear you keeping busy.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, your resilience and faith are admirable. Your family is so blessed to have you.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, how is Daisy doing with her obedience? I'm sure she's much more obedient than my dogs.

hugs:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    hi everybody! Marie - happy REALLY belated birthday! Hope it was a great one! Thank you for trying the food on Sammy - i'm surprised he won't touch it after the first time! My dogs really chow down on it! I mix it with their Science Diet dry dog food. I hope his bath went better! I still haven't decided on weather or not to buy that company. Big decision........

Sandy - Daisy is SO cute! Has your lost pound stayed off? You should put it on your ticker! I'm still roller coasting - up and down. My friend Angela and i talked about it today and hopefully tomorrow is going to be a new beginning. I have trouble in the evening - i know i should just go to the gym, but this time of year it gets dark so early and i hate to go out! I've been taking the dogs on hour long walks though as long as the weather is good

Jeffrey - way cool that you're going to see Amanda!

Barbie - great job at the pot luck! You never cease to amaze me!

Birdie - sorry for all the challenges your family is going through. Your spirit and positive thinking is so inspirational! Thank you. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

OK, i'm going to do some cleaning! Have a good night all!

:heart: elli
  • Sandydur
    Card day today, we are playing early since my hubby has a doctor's appointment early this afternoon but he wants me to go with him in case there is any paper work to fill out. (new doctor) He has been feeling blah and I am glad we finally found a family doctor since our last left his practice.

Our play date with the girls was fun for them, they played nicely and had a good time. Last night we took my son Brad, who is moving to Arizona on Wednesday out for dinner. We came back and played some Wii so we had a good time as a family. I am going to miss him so much. He did find a job with Fed Ex and has a new apartment so he is excited about his new life. :cry:

I will be back later to respond to everyone's posts, in the meantime enjoy the day.

Sandy

PS. Yes, Elli so far I have lost 2 pounds, just waiting to see if it stays off. :laugh:
  • Hi, this is my 1st time on, I filled out the weight ticker, but I don't know where to paste it. Help!!
This discussion has been closed.