Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I actually consider a piece of fruit as a "sweet" now! Who am I?! :)

we may be kindred spirits because I know exactly what you mean. I was eating a baby carrot at work a few weeks back and offered one to a c o worker saying "These are super sweet? I wonder if it's a new variety" He tasted it and was totally non plussed. He said it tasted like any old carrot. Now sugary things seem TOO sweet. Chocolate (unless it's a VERY good quality) has a strange chemical taste to it and fake sugar (sodas etc) have a strange sweet aftertaste I don't care for. I find after I eat something like that I crave something 'fresh'... like a piece of fruit.

I also stuck VERY close to my numbers in the beginning. It's now that I'm loosening the reins a bit that I'm finding myself struggling a bit to stay on track. I need to get back to the way you're doing it and focus again. Great job!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I actually consider a piece of fruit as a "sweet" now! Who am I?! :)

we may be kindred spirits because I know exactly what you mean. I was eating a baby carrot at work a few weeks back and offered one to a c o worker saying "These are super sweet? I wonder if it's a new variety" He tasted it and was totally non plussed. He said it tasted like any old carrot. Now sugary things seem TOO sweet. Chocolate (unless it's a VERY good quality) has a strange chemical taste to it and fake sugar (sodas etc) have a strange sweet aftertaste I don't care for. I find after I eat something like that I crave something 'fresh'... like a piece of fruit.

I also stuck VERY close to my numbers in the beginning. It's now that I'm loosening the reins a bit that I'm finding myself struggling a bit to stay on track. I need to get back to the way you're doing it and focus again. Great job!

I find the sweetness of vegetables very odd indeed , and Desdemina, your "who am I?" comment made me laugh! I now love the sweet taste of sugar snap peas, carrots and cranberrys mixed together. Its like a bowl of candy to me :laugh:

Tom - WOOT on your weight drop - that's splendiforous! I am sorry about your accident, too, glad no one was hurt, but a tremendous blow to your pocket book. Nice thing your doiing for the kids, shaving your head. Is the beard going to go?

KarenLeona - have you asked around to various repair shops - some of the have their own financing programs....maybe one of them will finance your repair work for you?

toots - congrats on the exercise while waiting for the tub to fill - that's really all it takes, squeezing in a few minutes here and there!
  • butterflywolf
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas. I managed to get back on track today but the desire to eat poorly is very strong. What makes us do this. It is not like the food will make things better but clearly there is a chemical reaction going on.

Went to the dr. today for the first time in 11 years. I went specifically because I have selling and mild pain around my right ankle. I would like to do more than walk but 2 minutes on my ski machine and I can hardly stand on my foot. The prognosis was generally good that I just needed inserts. Well, actually I am going to try them for 3 months and see if there is improvement. I was surprised that something so simple could heal me.

The worst part of the visit was that I shrunk another inch. Now I'm only 5' 4 1/2". In college I was 5' 6 1/2"
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    @KarenLeona -- sorry about the job, and I hope they find something else good for you. A hiring freeze shouldn't matter as you're already an employee -- and in fact it might help because what happens in hiring freezes is that people get absolutely desperate for staff and can't recruit any, so if there are staff available they get snapped up.

-- Alison

ok, that makes sense.....and makes me feel a bit better.....THANK YOU

heading out for a walk in the rain...
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,177 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I am home sick today so there will be very little activity. I started a fever last night. I have a very runny nose and chest congestion. I am taking some anti-biotic and hoping for the best.

Good news is I was 268.2 lbs. today! Maybe I should complain about not losing more often :laugh: I finally broke the 270 lbs. barrier!

On March 2nd I am going to the pub for St. Baldrick's fund raiser. This involves shaving heads for kids with cancer. They raise money for research. So make sure you look on March 2nd for picture of me with no hair :blushing:

Hope you all do not get this illness that I have.

Tom

CONGRATS on breaking out to the downside of 270!!!

And good for you on signing up to help out with raising $$ for research---that is something that is needed for certain.

Sorry about the car accident and your illness.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • luckycharm1965
    Options
    Welcome back luckycharm196! I left for a while, too. I slipped from my goals and was too ashamed.. But this group is very welcoming and encouraging. I wish you lots of success!
    Thankyou so very much!...looking forward to staying connected!....thanks to all for the welcoming wishes! :heart:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back Luckycharm!!
    Tom-congrats on breaking the 270 mark.

Wish-That I can stop eating cheese puffs. I brought 2 bags for a pot luck lunch at work today but did not go. I Ate lunch I brought with my team instead. Yes, I did share the cheese puffs with them but they are all health conscious like me. I also brought a veggie tray- which will go with my dinner tonight. Unfornately- I am meeting a friend for pizza but I will be taking the veggies with me. It is cold enough to keep them outside while I workout. We are in the low 20's today.

Last night while I was out with a meet up group one of the guys Andrew gave me the greatest compliament. We were discussing weight loss and how much we each wanted to lose. He said that I looked great and he didn't think I needed to lose any weight. I was shocked but pleasantly surprised. He has also joined MFP and maybe he will find his way to this group. The two of us had a wonderful conservation over dinner talking about diets and weight loss. He was inspiring me to keep going and I was inspiring him by being an example. Go figure. It was very nice to hear that I looked good. He did not know me when I was heavier.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newlings!!!:flowerforyou:

@butterfly--ugh! That's my worst nightmare! I still always say I;m 5'7", but the truth is I haven't been measured in so long, it's likely I'm a bit shorter than that. My doctor never takes my height--I wonder why not.

@tom--sorry you're sick, but WHOOT on pushing dow nto the 270's!! :drinker:

@alison--I got the scale through Groupon. It's regularly $80--I got it for $30 including free shipping. It took several weeks to get here, but well worth the weight. You should check on Groupon to see if they are still offering the deal.

I'm at work in my Study Hall and need to get some grading done. Will check back with Wed. Wish and more personals later.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    So quick technical question: when people post something to your profile wall can they see your reply if you just hit comment or do you have to go to their wall to reply

You can post your comment on your wall, they'll see it. I was in Kohl's last weekend and they were having a pretty good sale on bras.

Well, technically this is true, but they'll only see it if they go back to YOUR wall to check for it (which I don't think most people do). It's not like FB where they get an alert that you commented on their post. I always go post directly to people's walls to ensure they see my resonse.

Oh, and I also love your new profile pic--your face looks slimmer, and is your hair darker?
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options

I find the sweetness of vegetables very odd indeed , and Desdemina, your "who am I?" comment made me laugh! I now love the sweet taste of sugar snap peas, carrots and cranberrys mixed together. Its like a bowl of candy to me :laugh:

Wow, that sounds yummy! I might have to try that. any special recipe or just mix those three things together?
  • kvandeest
    kvandeest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. It does seem to be a long trip when we have a lot to lose. I also think I get discouraged when I have done the up and down of pounds so many times. Hang in there!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,177 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish - that all of our wishes come true! So we can wish for anything no matter how improbable so my wish this week is to continue to lose weight consistently until I reach my goal. HEY---I can hear you laughing!!! :laugh: :wink: :laugh:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    So quick technical question: when people post something to your profile wall can they see your reply if you just hit comment or do you have to go to their wall to reply

You can post your comment on your wall, they'll see it. I was in Kohl's last weekend and they were having a pretty good sale on bras.

Well, technically this is true, but they'll only see it if they go back to YOUR wall to check for it (which I don't think most people do). It's not like FB where they get an alert that you commented on their post. I always go post directly to people's walls to ensure they see my resonse.

Oh, and I also love your new profile pic--your face looks slimmer, and is your hair darker?

Alright that was what I thought. I will post my responses on their walls from now on. Thank you for the nice compliment, yes my hair is darker. I went several shades darker with lighter highlights right before christmas. I like it quite alot and will probably keep this way for awhile.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    So I bought a HRM/pedometer today. Sounds great right? Well the problem is I think it is smarter then me. The two things I wanted was to be see how many calories I was burning when I worked out since everyone says MFP's settings are off and to start tracking my steps every day. My problem with this is the stupid thing records constant just being alive calories when you are in pedometer mode which I dont need as they are figured into my plan so I could just reset it for my workouts but then it resets the pedometer and I lose track of the steps I have taken for the day. There is probably another way to do this but I havent been able to figure it out and am getting frustrated. Oh well gonna reset and go play wii so we will see what it has to say after that. Have a great night everyone.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    is it still only wednesday?? i have been up so long it should be thursday by now
    Going out on a limb and booked and appt to get the front brakes done......praying for things to work out
    went for a 4.5 km walk.....my farthest so far!! My new knee did fine but my old one...not so much
    Lin- you amaze me that you can walk 10 miles.....would take me the entire day then i would have to go to the hospital for rescusitation!! :laugh:
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share that I have FINALLY COMPLETED an entire Leslie sansone DVD- the one with boosted walking. I did 5 miles, yes that's right folks of MFP, 5 aerobic miles!!!!

I am so sore, but extremely proud of myself. My sister, the one in the picture with me, has never been able to do all 5 of those miles and she's around 150#!!! Suuuuuucka!!!!! Lol

I adore you all and keep up all of that fantastic weight loss and remember, "we aren't losing weight, we are getting RID of it because we do NOT intend on gaining it back!"

WATER TAG!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

Wow, that sounds yummy! I might have to try that. any special recipe or just mix those three things together?

I buy a frozen mixture by Green Giant called their Valley Fresh Steamers Line - the product is called FARMER"S BLEND - its actually got cauliflower, sugar snap peas, carrots and cranberries "tossed in a butter sauce" (not) - 1 C frozen is 70 cal. - I usually split a package into two meals, because there are 3 servings per package, so I eat 105 cal. each sitting and I grin like a kid with a bowl of ice cream.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@rachael--great job completing your 5 miles!!! :drinker: Make sure you stretch really well afterwards so you can do it again tomorrow (or maybe the next day :wink: ).

@karenleona--I feel the same way about it only being Wed. which is really sad since my work week only started yesterday. :ohwell:

@tammy--really like the darker hair! I wish I could go darker, but I've grown a few grays over the past couple of years and it's just so much easier to camouflage them with my hair lighter. Sorry about your HRM troubles--I can sympathize. Mine tells me I only burn about 60 calories for every mile I run, which is just ridonculous! Even a healthy weight person burns about 100 calories per mile. With my extra weight, I should be burning more. My only consolation is that at least I won it in a raffle, so didn't shell out any cash for something that doesn't work well. I suspect it is also "smarter" than me and I just don't have it programmed correctly, but I've been too lazy to investigate further...

@lin--we aren't laughing AT you; we're laughing WITH you! :tongue: Can you believe you are only ONE lb away from hitting a really big milestone!?! My wish is that I see your ticker move to 100 this week! :flowerforyou:

Wed. Wish:
    Well, technically I just used it on lin. However, I also wish to stay as motivated as I've been the past couple of weeks. Today I had a meeting after work, and by the time I got home it was almost dark and snowing--not a good combo for walking gunner. Instead, I brushed him really well, which he LOVES!! I usually do it outside, but with this cold weather it's been awhile. My kitchen floor already had tumbleweeds of fur, so I just brushed him indoors and then swept. After that, we played a bit and then I changed and did 2 miles on my evil, inclined treadmill. Not as fun as running flat, but better than no exercise.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym (weights + bike) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE (too cold/windy) + core DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym RAN AT HOME INSTEAD
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + core
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so totally tired. Yesterday when I read that the chore was to clean out our books I almost passed out and wound up not doing anything. DH and I were both raised by school teachers and have advanced degrees, to say that we are book lovers is an understatement. The best thing that has happened for our sanity is the Kindle. I decided to just work on one room at a time and keep up with the other assignments today was CD, DVD and family video. So I had a long day, i also rearranged the furniture in the living room to make stuff more accessible.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Figured I better jump in with a quick comment so I don't lose my place again. I continue to read and log every day, even if I'm only posting once or twice a week - still very inspired by everyone's success and with you in your struggles! I lost 3.4 pounds this week and am pretty proud of myself! Never thought I would be able to lose in winter! I was very active last weekend, with long walks each day, and had decided to start c25k this week on a trail near my house (I really loathe the gym), but then the bitter cold descended and I've put that on hold for now. Probably best for my knee, which is still a bit tweaked, to rest a bit longer anyway. One of my friends spent the weekend and I really enjoyed the company, plus she cooks really healthy and tasty vegetarian meals, so that's a great bonus. Better get off to bed -- still adjusting to my new work schedule.