Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure what you have but I do know that when I started jogging and running I started to get these sharp pains in my legs
    especially at night what it turned out to be was shin plints....I couldn't jog or run but what I did start doing after the pain went away was a very fast brisk walk....also it could be your shoes and they way your running or leg cramps ( restless leg syndrome ) hope everything works out for you! GOOD LUCK!
    Sandy
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @Robin- Thanks! I had to really push myself to finish the 4th one. I quit half way through the 3rd mile the night before, but I just kept pushing myself and I'm so glad that I did!!!! You will do it, just take your time- dont want you hurting yourself. I'm going to try and do 5 miles tonight, but I'll be satisfied with 3!

@toots- Yea, I'm sure she would love that! I told her when she comes home from spring break, that I'll be 25 pounds lighter lol

@kaye- I'm going to be doing a great stretch when I get home. My legs arent so sore right now, but I can definitely feel the pain in my abs too. It has been a crazy day at work and we have all been laughing hysterically and I can feel it in those abs that are hiding.

I'm supposed to be going to Applebees with my coworkers tonight and I plan on ordering the Creamy Parmasean Chicken-470 calories! It'll put me over for the day, but then I'll exercise!

Monday- off day DONE
    Tuesday- complete 2-3 miles with Leslie Sansone DONE!!! (completed 3.5 miles!)
    Wednesday- complete 2-3 miles with Leslie Sansone DONE!!! (completed 5 miles!!!)
    Thursday- complete 2-3 miles with Leslie Sansone
    Friday- join the gym and hit the treadmill (however long I can)
    Saturday- walk on the treadmill (for however long I can)
    Sunday- walk on the treadmill or to the park with Biscuit

~Rachael
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sounds like everyone is haveing a decent day. I am getting a very slow start but am not going to let that deter me from what i want to accomplish. Ty for all the nice comments on my picture:blushing: . My daughter got me a web cam for x-mas so i could skype with my son in college and I was just playing around with it. I have to jusggle finanaces today. One of my least favorite things to do. I completley lost my cool yesterday with a bill collector that has been calling the house every day:explode: . I had disputed the bill and the investigation took until December to resolve and "shock" didnt come out in my favor. At that time I told them that due to the nature of my husbnds job I wouldnt be able to pay it until February and I didnt hear back from them until the 1st of January when they started calling every day threatening collection and what not. After taking a couple of their calls and trying unsucessfully to arrange payment for February I just ignore them until yesterday. I awnsered the phone and as soon as they Identified themselves I went off and told them I was calling the attorney generals office and reporting them for harrassment and refusal to accept payment arrangements as I was sick and tired of the calls and all of a sudden they were able to work with me, it was amazing. So now that I am done ranting about them I get to figure out the rest of the finances for the month. I was interested to hear about everyones book collections. I too am a major book lover but in the art of marital compromise I had to agree to only hang onto a couple of favorite series and authors. Other then that my mom and I buy form goodwill and yard sales frequently and then just redonate them after we have read. I do have a nook and enjoy the ability to get a book instantly if I am in the middle of a series and cant find the next book but still prefer to read paperbacks. Well I hope everyone has a great day and dont forget to drink your water:drinker: :drinker:
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Turns out the extreme exhaustion was the onset of stomach flu. won't go into details how i lost 2.6 pounds over night. I hope I can keep some of that loss. The assignment today is home office...oh so not going to happen. I will need to spend a month in there..but I plan to attack my living room desk and try to finish the book shelves in the living room. Most of our books are non-fiction, reference material type books, but I did Goodwill the 1980 encyclopedia set, because we never use that anymore. The fiction books I read about every five years, Austin, Charles ****ens, Twain etc. and they are dear ol' friends so they stay.
  • luckycharm1965
    Options
    @ Robinsegg- Thankyou,I will succeed at some point,never giving up! @ MOwMOw- Thankyou for the welcome back wishes! Logging off for the night,everyone have a great evening :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

As an English teacher I bet you can guess how much I love books. My husband is also a "reader"--it's actually one of the few common interests we share--so we have lots and lots of books. About 5 or 6 years ago, I did a thorough inventory and found multiples of many books, so got rid of the doubles. I also donated a bunch of my fav series books that I have read a hundred time (like Piers Anthony's Xanth series). Although I love them, I really have little time to re-read those. I also sold a bunch of my old textbooks on Amazon and made some space and money. One bonus for me is that I have some space at school to keep the books I use for my classes, but I honestly need to do another purge of the bookshelves. Remember last June when I said one of my goals was to clean out the spare bedroom that has become the "junk" room? Well, yeah that never got done and the bookshelves are in there. :grumble:

I don't have time for a lot of personals tonight, but I did want to say CONGRATS to melancholy on the new grand-baby!! :flowerforyou:

I'm at starbucks grading some journals and then I have to go to a Tastefully Simple party. Considering I only have 132 calories left for the day, I'm guessing I will be over tonight. However, I will track it and make up for it this weekend. I shouldn't have too much grading so should be able to get some big calorie burns both Sat and Sun.

Thursday Truth:
    I'm now addicted to Skinny Caramel Macchiatos. At least they are lower in calories than my Mocha Frap Lights.

Grading Goals:
    1. 2/56 Reading Journals
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Quick note: I worked out today for 37 minutes! That's a lot for me! Ok, so I had to take a couple of breaks, but I didn't stop for more than 5 minutes each break. And the 37 minutes does not include breaks!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,177 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I am really getting tired so I'm going to pack up my stuff and head upstairs for the evening. I picked up a load of new books from the library today that had been put on hold for me. Top of the stack is: "Speaking From Among the Bones" by Alan Bradley. LOVE Flavia de Luce!! :heart:

I read your post Angelika and I hope I'm not gonna get hit by the norovirus. And I hope you are feeling better by the way. Someone said the new strain is anywhere from a day to three days. Everyone take care.:flowerforyou:

By the way, I doubt I'll ever get my books totally cleaned out. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Skinnyjeanz - Curse you and your talk of Starbucks. I very rarely drink coffee but all this talk about Starbucks and then *caramel*. I picked up a Skinny Caramel Machiatto on the way home. I think that could become an infrequent treat and the ONLY reason it would be infrequent is that it was 4.10 for a 16oz. YIKES!

Boy, was it GOOD though.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin-Thanks for the reminder. When you get up in the middle of night, do your best to avoid the fridge. Can you do something active- elipitical or just walk to your DVD. I know that idle times is my downfall and that I am more likely to graze on junk food. This action will get me to the gym. Try drinking some water at night that might help as well. I know you will find the right combination that works for you again.

jt- I like your new picture as well.

The discussion on books has been very interesting. I also read and collect books like crazy. I guess I will also be purging books from my shelves before to long. It will be hard to part with my favorites.

Desdemina: The more you exercise the more your body will adjust. Congrats on going longer tonight. Just remember that you can break it up into smaller segments if that is easier for you. You can also go at a slow pace then speed it up for a min, then slow down, speed up etc.

Foam rollers- are great for stretching, however when you first find those sore muscles it will hurt like crazy. It does get better over time and the knots will gradually disappear with the continued use of the roller.

Jumping Jacks a different version- My trainer last night introduce me to a different form of jumping jacks instead of running in place. You place a dumbbell (weight- comfortable with) in each hand and hold at shoulder. As you jump out you raise your arms straight up when you jump back your arms go back to your shoulders with the DB resting on your shoulders. Repeat for 45 seconds then rest. It is a great workout.

Speaking of trainers and challenges- my trainer really wants me to run. While I can jog, it is not my favorite activity and it does bother my knees at times. However, his new goal for me is to be able to run which for him that entails running past other runners on the track. His incentive for me to meet this goal was that he was going to climb the hard wall at the gym. I figured that if he really wants me to run- he will need to climb the challenging walls at Earth Treks (the one with the ceiling). So that is our deal- when I can run to his satisfaction then he will go to Earth Treks with me to climb. Yes, I see 45 ft. walls in his future. He needs to discover the muscles involved and how hard it can be. I have more motivation to run now. He is also putting together a competition to help his clients lose weight. I suggested this and he is actually going to follow threw.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth- My house was robbed today. They used a crowbar and split the frame around my front door. They tore up my house and took some jewelry- loose change- and medicines. Nobody was hurt- so I am blessed with that. I tried anger and fear and disgust for awhile, and decided that's not working. The only way to get past it is to forgive them. I have to pick up the pieces and scatter them in the wind. So I am. I may feel differently tomorrow; maybe it is shock that puts me at peace with this. Today, I will pray for them and I will forgive them.

Thanks for "listening". For some reason releasing things for me means that I type them out or write them down.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @naceto. --- That is just awful so sorry for you. All of the emotions anyone would be feeling in this situation would be like a roller coaster I am sure. You have an amazing attitude towards all of this. Praying for you as well.
    :flowerforyou:

Liz
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Tom Congrats on breaking past 270 mark. Sorry you aren't feeling well.
    @Jt. Like your new profile picture. It is a good picture of you.
    @Lin I agree no one laughing at but w:smile: ith you. Way to go on reaching such a big milestone. :smile:

@Robin I totally agree with you that I too can tell a change in my taste buds :wink: that I really crave salads or fruit. It use to be rare that we had fresh fruit in the house or veggies. Mostly can or frozen. I thought it was to expensive to eat healthy. But it isn't instead of spending money on junk food its now grapes or baby carrots etc.

@SkinnyJean -- I agree curses on all your talk about Starbucks :wink: there is a local coffee chain in Idaho that I have always prefer over Starbucks. But the other day I was driving down the street I want to stop at one. I tried there Blondel roast love it. So bother I see more Starbuck runs in my future.
    :laugh:
    @Kaye how was your area today? I went into work today my normal commute takes maybe a half hour tops but today more like hour and a half.

Robin I love to read too. I just finished reading Shadows Gray by Meylissa Williams. I use mostly my kindle to download books. I am grateful to have it. My hours make it hard to go to the library. I use to be a regular. But I do miss holding a book in my hand. If I really like it I can always go out to buy it.

Well I am sure I am missing people. But my brain is shutting down.

Thursday truth. -- Really stress right now part is do to my lack of sleep. Just getting about 5 hours of sleep a night. It effects so much my.mood my thinking process. My attitude. Wishing for a good night sleep.

Liz
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    @naceto - OMG. I'm so glad no one was injured. Its an awful feeling of personal invasion to have your home broken into. I was away on holidays with my sister a few years back when she got a phone call from her son telling her her house had been broken into. It took her a long time to get over it. She lost a lot of very important things but the worst was her wedding ring set from her first marriage. Her husband had died and she had just gotten to the point of taking her rings off and had not brought them with us when we went away. She had horrible guilt for the loss, felt she should have been wearing them. I hope that your faith will help you stay calm and get over this as quickly as possible. Hope nothing of great value (emotional or financial) was taken . Thoughts and prayers go out to you. Charlotte
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday. I'm so sorry to be missing so many days here. I know I need to make more of an effort but my days seem to be flying by. I start a weeks holiday tomorrow and have no plans to go away. I'm planning to get my house in order. Going to finish what I started in my kitchen and get it organized them continue on through the whole main floor, including front hall closet. Scared to look in there to see what is hiding in the corners.
    If I get through the main floor then I'm going to head to the basement living space. Its full of boxes that I brought from my moms place when she died. I'm embarrassed to say that that was almost 4 years ago and I haven't touched them. Mind you, I've had 3 major surgeries in the 4 years so do have a limited excuse. But, this is the year that I will make my life simpler by purging. I'm getting rid of clothes that haven't been worn in years and furniture that I dont' need and don't have room for. I want to streamline everything including myself.
    So my belated Wednesday wish would be to find the strength to get through the clean up. And my Thursday fess up would be the lack of drive to have done anything up to this point about getting it done. I'll try to make a point of visiting the site daily to report my progress. Charlotte
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth-- I avoided coming on this thread all day today because I thought it was Friday, and didn't want to face up to not doing anything for "Friday Fitness" except clean house. (I actually was on my knees scrubbing the kitchen floor today, so I guess that COULD have counted...). It's also reassuring to have another day to clean, because after being on my hands and knees, there was NO WAY I was good for any more work. (I'm sure there is a TWSS in there somewhere, I'm just too lazy to find it! :tongue: )

Starbucks = <3 Skinny Peppermint Mocha
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone-
    I'm back from the Tastefully Simple party. I avoided some calories by just drinking water (rather than the beer or wine). I also only took the tiniest dabs of all of the sauces and dips that were passed round for tasting. We tasted them all on their beer bread or these little graham pretzels. I tried to keep track of everything I tasted so I could log, but I ended up just logging the bread, pretzels, and some chocolate pound cake. Then I quick added an extra 300 calories to account for the dips and sauces. I'm probably right at about maintenance for the day, and as I said earlier, I will make up for it this weekend.

@helen & charlotte--I also really need to do some serious cleaning. Am going to tackle the bathroom this weekend. Not my favorite chore. :frown:

@liz & kris--sorry for tempting you with my starbucks talk. :blushing:

@nicole--Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry for you, but am also thankful you and your son weren't hurt. :flowerforyou:

@laurie--I love that your trainer is meeting your challenge in return for you meeting his, and that he's taking up your suggestion to do a challenge for his clients--that's awesome!

@desdimina--great job pushing yourself with the longer workout!! :drinker: As laurie said, it will get easier very quickly.

@angelika--when I had norovirus right after christmas, I lost 2 lbs and managed to keep it off--hope you are all better now (mine only lasted a couple of days with the worst of it over within 12 hours). I think it's hilarious that MFP censors Charles D's name! :laugh:

@drojen--I really love my new scale--glad to have inspired you! I now wish I'd had it from the start b/c I have no idea what my body fat % was to begin with. I do know that the first time I used the little hand-held machine at my gym it said I was at about 38% and now it also puts me around 34%. But I don't think I used that machine until I had already lost some of the weight. :ohwell: It's actually kind of scary that my starting body fat was probably around 40%--that's almost half fat! :noway:

@robin--so glad the dress fits--you must be getting really excited about your trip!

@kvandeest--I'm almost 2 years into this and I still weigh my food whenever possible.

@holly, kaye, drojen, & everyone else who's sick of the cold--I'm right there with you! I know this is chicago and I should be used to it and we've been lucky in general this year and last year we were spoiled and on and on and on. I don't care about all of that--I still don't like it! :mad:

Grading Goals:
    1. 12/56 Reading Journals
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I'm really struggling with my new job. I know I can do the job, but I feel my VP wants me to fail because I'm taking over an area she used to cover. I can't complain about the mess it's in because she was handling it. I don't blame her at all because she has so much going on, but I can't change the mess overnight. I can make changes and save money, but it's going to take time. This was a major move for me and my family and I've got to dig deep and make it work. I'm so thankful for a job (don't get me wrong), but some days I just want to SCREAM!!!!!!!

@Robin - The maxi sounds awesome!! I love them, but luckily I'm somewhat tall enough to wear them.

@Skinny - Great job avoiding the adult beverages and just nibbling. You did great!

@Nicole - I'm so sorry to read your post. I had my car broken into and felt so violated. I can't imagine my home and some criminal touching my personal belongings. Hopefully, the police will be able to find the perps, but so glad you and your son are safe.

@Laurie & Kelly - Every time I read your trainer posts I know I need to get my butt in gear. I have my first official workout Monday AM at 6:15. I get one session per week free and it's crazy it's taken me this long to take advantage of it. Shame on me!!!

@Tom - Sorry to hear your under the weather, but I can't wait to see you with the new do. What a great cause!!!

@Charlotte & Helen - I love the idea of the purging. When I moved across country last year, I really did that as I was packing my house. I really downsized big time so I'm in a pretty good place, but the garage could use a little purge already.

@desimina - Your stamina will build. I started just doing a leisurely pace walk, then pushed to 20 minute mile and now I'm under 16 minutes. I walk almost 4 miles every day. It will start feeling like second nature to you. Hang in there!!

@Newbies - Welcome!! You've found an amazing group of people who are super supportive. I've been on MFP for 5 months and this is the only thread I follow. Of course, the last time I was on was Tuesday and I'm 4 pages behind. Sigh. I love checking in daily, but some days it just doesn't happen.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - you are an evil genius - actually so is your trainer with his plan to get you to run and your challenge to get him to climb the 45-foot wall! I'm laughing as i read this! :laugh: In the end result you are going to be so proud, girl! :love:

Desdemina - don't feel bad, I've been at this a long time, and have just lost weight and didn't exercise except very intermittently due to health reasons and other bulllarkkky. Now I am exercising 2 or 3 times a week and I am at the exact level of exhaustion after 10 minutes that you describe.
    I'm so glad to see you exercised up to 37 minutes! Taking little breaks as you did is a great idea. Good for you!

Angelika - so sorry you have the stomach flu - I hope you still have the energy to clean your living room desk! Still sounds like a big chore. I noticed MFP had the gaul to censor good ole Charles Dicckens I hope I got past the censors with my spelling!

Skinny Jeans and MowMow - your talk of flavored coffees makes me want to chime in - I fix a 12 oz coffee mug 1/2 full of water, 1/2 with skim milk, nuke for 2 min 20 sec on HIGH, then add 1/2 tsp (very mild for you guys I'm sure ) Tasters Choice Decaf Coffee (Instant) and 3 packets of Nutrasweet. Once stirred it gets a nice froth on it. I often add a squirt of either chocolate or caramel ice cream syrup to it.

Naceto - I feel awful for you. I am impressed with your ability to release your feelings through the written word and forgive the perpetrators and that you feel ready to move on. Your a might evolved citizen of the universe. I will still say a prayer for you that you don't have after shocks.

Charlotte - good luck on the cleaning effort - I wish I lived closer because I'm looking for a chair for my spare room - which I just cleaned out today - its the room I exercise in and it had boxes and boxes of junk packed against one wall. I moved them all into the closet in there. Also in that room is my sewing machine and table - now I just need a comfy chair to sit in and sew - I'm thinking a nice upholstered wing - back style? Hmmm?

Helen at Random - see above - cleaning on your knees - good grief woman thats TERRIFIC exercise!!! Sorry you have feelings of guilt about coming to this thread because of the "theme" of the day. Do what I do - I ignore the theme and ramble on about what's on my mind that day !

Susan - I'm so sorry your in that unenviable position with your VP - but you have the right attitude - you can and you will succeed! In the end, I hope she appreciates your efforts and sees what an asset you are come bonus time!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!

@Naceto- I am so sorry to hear about your house. I think it shows your awesome character to forgive the people. I would have went through the same emoitions as you did I believe those are all natural emotions.
    @Skinny- I don't mind that you talk about Starbucks. I actually like their peppermint frappicino at the holiday time. I perfer Dunn Brothers but since starting this journey haven't had the urge for coffee being fraps are so high in calories.
    @Laurie- That is awesome that your trainer took you up on your challenge.
    @Charolette- good luck with the house cleaning.
    @Susan- sorry to hear about your job situation. Keep your head up and continue to do the best you can with the mess you were left.

Friday fitness- I met all my fitness goals for the work week. I start my weekend class tomorrow but even with all the busy stuff going on I plan to hit the gym. I talk to people who run the gym about my fitness goals next week Monday. We don't have personal trainers but they can help tell you things to do to help you reach your goal. I weight myself this morning and I am up 3lbs. It was a very discouraging feel but as I thought about it on my way to work it was some of my eating that got me that 3lbs. McDonalds and half a pizza all after midnight.