Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy Friday

@Nicole~I am so sorry to hear about the burglary, I am so very glad that you and your son weren’t home or didn’t walk in while it was happening. I am amazed by you that simply writing the words gives you sensibility of the entire situation. I was robbed at gunpoint in my driveway about 10-years ago, it was one of the most difficult things I have had to go through – I can say I wasn’t nearly as forgiving and some days I’m still not, it changed a lot of things in me.

@Karen~Starbucks used to be a real addiction for me, I couldn’t believe the amount of money I used to spend there. I had to put myself on an allowance. While I do brew my own Starbucks at home, I treat myself to a latte on Friday’s – today I chose the skinny caramel macchiato, one of my faves!

@Lin~I was listening to the news this morning and they were talking about the new strain of norovirus that is out there, and yep it lasts from 1-3 days. I hope we can all manage to stay healthy between this and the flu epidemic!

@Laurie~I think that’s a great trade-off with your trainer!

Friday Fitness~I met all of the fitness goals I set for myself this week so far. Only food challenge this weekend is my monthly outing for pizza with friends – I always have the same thing, so planning for it combined with a long run tomorrow morning should more than make up for the extra calories.

Fitness this week:

Monday~Elliptical DONE!
    Tuesday~Off Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Trainer DONE!
    Thursday~Off Day DONE!
    Friday~Not sure yet
    Saturday~Long Run
    Sunday~Trainer

~Kelley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,167 Member
    Options
    Yes, officially down 101 today. Whoop!!

I'm giddy.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @skinny - got the scale yesterday. all I can say is YIKES!! to the body fat %. It can only go down from here, though right? That was enough of a motivator, as if I needed another one. Seeing that weight # for the first time didn't bring me down either - even though it is far too high. I know I've lost weight already, so I know that # is only temporary. Now I just have to put the scale away and not get on it every day.....

Weighed my slim son too - 12.5% body fat - not surprised. He's gangly, awkward, muscly arms and legs @ 14 yrs old, LOL.

Friday fitness - finished week 3 of my learn to run 1 mile program. Will be moving onto W4 tomorrow. Took some rest on alternate days to give my legs a break. Will figure out some weight bearing exercises for next week. Want to incorporate that into 2 days/week. Gotta increase that muscle mass and decrease that body fat!!!

@Lin - congrat on being down 101 - that is amazing! Look for me to be there maybe around this time next year.
  • kah68
    Options

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hooray!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @naceto I'm so sorry! I can't believe you're handling it so well. Don't be surprised if the anger/fear/disgust come back from time to time. But thank God no one was home and that you're ok.

@charlotte I'm not going to tell you how many years I've had boxes waiting for me to unpack them. When I moved last summer, there were still boxes in the garage I hadn't unpack ed from my previous move 4 years before...

@robin Nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with exercise. We'll do this together!

@linder Congrats!

My Friday Fitness check-in: I exercised twice this week, which is amazing since I hadn't exercised at all for at least 6 months. My goal is to keep it up, exercise at least twice this weekend, and to try and burn 200 calories in one day. That's the goal because the Humana Vitality system will only give me credit for exercising if I burn at least 200 calories. So far, I've only done like 85 per workout. But I'll get there!
  • kah68
    Options
    My Friday Fitness check-in: I exercised twice this week, which is amazing since I hadn't exercised at all for at least 6 months. My goal is to keep it up, exercise at least twice this weekend, and to try and burn 200 calories in one day. That's the goal because the Humana Vitality system will only give me credit for exercising if I burn at least 200 calories. So far, I've only done like 85 per workout. But I'll get there!

Remember, slow and steady wins the race. Its best to start out slow and work your way up - you're doing great and you'll be burning 200 or more calories per workout before you know it. Humana has got some great incentives!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

That is such an awesome milestone. Congrats on your success.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth- My house was robbed today. They used a crowbar and split the frame around my front door. They tore up my house and took some jewelry- loose change- and medicines. Nobody was hurt- so I am blessed with that. I tried anger and fear and disgust for awhile, and decided that's not working. The only way to get past it is to forgive them. I have to pick up the pieces and scatter them in the wind. So I am. I may feel differently tomorrow; maybe it is shock that puts me at peace with this. Today, I will pray for them and I will forgive them.

Thanks for "listening". For some reason releasing things for me means that I type them out or write them down.

so sorry to hear what happened and I do understand you trying to use forgiveness in your heart instead of anger. Right now I'm dealing with 'anger' too...my son is ill..I'm not angry at him, but...I don't even like writing it down. Being forgiving is the healthy way to go.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth- My house was robbed today. They used a crowbar and split the frame around my front door. They tore up my house and took some jewelry- loose change- and medicines.

how horrible! such a scary thing for your family.

Lin

woot!!! awesome news
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @Lin- that is AMAZING...You are definitely an inspiration to all!!!

@Nicole- I'm SO SORRY to hear about that. Thats just not cool...people are so mean and unbelievable. Im glad to hear that you and your son are ok though. Things can be replaced, people can not. Hang in there love!

@kah- I have never heard of the foam thingy. I'm going to google it and see what it is LOL

Friday Fitness- I have been almost on track with my goals. I exceeded my goals a little in the beginning of the week, which affected last nights work out, but I'm sticking to it. Joining the gym today, so super excited!!!!!! We can continue doing this, dont give up all those that are struggling right now. It will get easier...but it always is hard to make changes in the beginnings.

Monday- off day DONE!!
    Tuesday- complete 2-3 miles with Leslie Sansone DONE!!! (completed 3.5 miles!)
    Wednesday- complete 2-3 miles with Leslie Sansone DONE!!! (completed 5 miles!!!)
    Thursday- complete 2-3 miles with Leslie Sansone NOT DONE!!! (Only did a mile, super tired)
    Friday- join the gym and hit the treadmill (however long I can)
    Saturday- walk on the treadmill (for however long I can)
    Sunday- walk on the treadmill or to the park with Biscuit

WATER TAG ALL!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Nicole so sorry about the break in.
    Lin Congratulations on the wonderful milestone. I am envious! I know that you have earned it.
    I haven't done well with exercise this week. Its been hard to get out with grandson not feeling well. I must do better. My knee is complaining about not walking.
    Have a really good day! Keep on keepin' on. Kaye
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Naceto - Wow, how scary! I'm so sorry and yet so glad that you are all OK!
    @Lin - WooHoo!! Way to go!

Friday Fitness:
    Sunday - Day off (Sick)
    Monday Day off (Sick)
    Tuesday - 30 day Shred - DONE
    Wednesday - Walk- DONE
    Thursday - 30 day Shred - DONE
    Friday - Yoga
    Saturday - 30 Day Shred
    Sunday - Hike
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Lin

thumbs_up_140910.jpg

Excited_man_2.gif

Robin the beard will probably stay for awhile.

I am still at home no work for me again today, I do not want to make my coworkers sick also. I do have to go get the car repair estimate today though.

Hope you all have a great healthy Friday!

Tom
  • kvandeest
    kvandeest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @naceto: Sorry about the break-in. Our house was broken into while I was growing up and I know as a teenager I had all of thoswe emotions. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

@lin: CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope to be able to post that one day. Way to go.

Friday Fitness: Since I have been in a wheelchair, motorized chair or walker up until about 4 weeks ago walking the entire width of our super grocery store with a shopping cart was a big accomplishment for me last night. I am hoping that this is the first sign of good things to come in being able to move more.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Lin - WOOT! Way to go on 101 down! HAPPY DANCE TO CELEBRATE YOUR GREATNESS!!!! :heart: :heart:

kvandeest - So wonderful of you to walk the distance in your super grocery store - that is a great accomplishment for you! :love: I hope you can estimate that distance with a pedometer some time so you can continue to challenge yourself with walking! I'm so proud of you!

Friday Fitness - 5 miles marker on the road from Hobbiton to Rivendell. "Cross the Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland"
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Helen at Random - see above - cleaning on your knees - good grief woman thats TERRIFIC exercise!!! Sorry you have feelings of guilt about coming to this thread because of the "theme" of the day. Do what I do - I ignore the theme and ramble on about what's on my mind that day !

The great thing about "Thursday Truth" though is that if challenges me to face things I don't want to know about me. Like that I let pride get in my way, even among friends. Now, I'm unsurreptitiously (according to google, that IS correctly spelled, btw.,...) going to follow your advice :wink: )

My back still aches a bit from being on the floor yesterday, so I'm doing things that don't require bending for now. Wiping counters, wiping table, sprucing up..... tonight or tomorrow morning, I vacuum. At a certain point, I'll be taking a deep breath and reminding myself that these are friends, not Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval inspectors. It's okay for me to want the house to look nice to welcome them, but it is more important that I'm well and able to enjoy their company than whether I have a chance to take the "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" to the spots on my walls. If a corner still has clutter in it, well, they are grown ups, I don't expect to have to make them sit in a corner. :laugh: I'm starting to see the truth in my first paragraph here in my second. It's not fair. I shouldn't have to face the truth about me two days in a row! :embarassed: :noway:

@naceto I'm so sorry! It has happened to us, too. We got an alarm system. It's good that you can forgive them. You are a better woman than I am. My mother had macular degeneration and couldn't see faces. She died still afraid whenever she saw a person with a white cap and a yellow shirt. (Yes. She was home. Alone, but unhurt, praise God!) Should you find that the anger reoccurring, know that you are normal. I can forgive the money that was taken. I don't know if I'll ever forgive them for making her afraid of the furnace repairman. And a nephew. And...... You get the picture. I'm so glad no one was hurt.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    WOOT!!!!!!!!!! and super congratulations Lin that is awesome. I hope to join you before the year is out. I am doing ok . I am going to clean out some closets, a long overdo chore. Just gave the dogs their flea medicine for the month. Now hopefully I wont be kept up all night with the sound of scratching:laugh: My little pom is about to drive me nuts. He barks at every car that goes down our access road. The problem is I want him to bark if somewhere is here. That is part of the reason for having dogs, but I dont know how to teach him the difference. After I get done writing this I am going to restart AGAIN my caisthenics program. I know restart restart restart. But as long as I am restarting I am making more progress then I did four months ago. Alright everyone have a great day and lets get to drinking:drinker: :drinker:
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Melancholy2 -- congrats on your new granddaughter!
    @Kathy -- I love my electronic scales, though I had a set die last week and have had to replace them. They don't last long.
    @Desdemina -- So glad to hear that your stamina is picking up. Taking breaks is *just fine*. So brilliant to have exercised twice after a six month break!
    @Kris -- 30DS every other day might even be more effective in terms of strength building anyway. Though it's a very short workout so maybe not. But damn, the 30DS results thread on MFP is seriously inspiring.
    @Rachael -- 470 calories would be a pretty small dinner for me just on a regular night, let alone when I eat out. I normally end up somewhere between 500 & 600 for dinner.
    @Nicole -- oh, how awful for you! Your forgiving attitude will help you if you can maintain it.
    @Susan -- do try to just keep focused on doing a good job; I'm sure you are doing really well.
    @Holly -- well done for hitting your fitness goals!
    @Lin -- 101 lb down! That's wonderful!

OK, Friday Fitness...

Saturday -- 5k parkrun but it might be too snowy, in which case a 5k walk unless it's cancelled. NOPE -- nothing apart from a short walk
    Sunday -- maybe badminton -- Just Morris practice and a little walking.
    Monday -- Morris practice but this is also the most likely day for running based on the weather. Just Morris practice
    Tuesday -- Zumba if the weather is still bad - Nope, nothing.
    Wednesday -- badminton club - Nope, but walking and 30DS
    Thursday -- a run if possible - DONE!
    Friday -- badminton - DONE, plus 30DS later I think.

Walking from Hobbiton to Rivendell -- now on day 3 at 47 miles; the hobbits have seen a Black Rider where they camped.

So this was not exactly a good fitness week. Hopefully next week the temperature will be back to normal and I won't feel so stuck in the house.

Saturday -- 5k parkrun; I'll walk if the field is too snowy to run in. Might even run *more* later, given the weather forecast.
    Sunday -- badminton booked plus maybe running or 30DS
    Monday -- Morris, plus maybe running
    Tuesday -- 30DS, or maybe dance mat or Zumba
    Wednesday -- badminton club I really hope
    Thursday -- long run if possible
    Friday -- this is the day that I'm going to steam roll myself thin and end up at 5ft 8! So awesome, I can't wait...

Decluttering ground to a halt today, as I worked through a pile to find an unopened present-to-myself, a LiveScribe pen. So I spent half the day setting it up and playing with it. I did listen to two lectures (from the Stanford iOS apps course), but really that was just an excuse for note taking! OK. I hope I have the house to myself tomorrow, so I should get some stuff done. That's definitely the plan. And tonight is Burns Night, so I've just blown my calorie budget right her in the house with a giant plate of haggis, neeps and tatties, washed down with a wee dram. Quite a big wee dram actually.

Have a super weekend, everyone!

-- Alison
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for celebrating with me today. I appreciate it. :blushing:

:glasses: HOLLY – we are having more typical winter temperatures here in Iowa and I’m not liking it at all so I 100% agree with you comment on typical being uncomfortable. Congrats to you on an addiction to the hill program on the treadmill. That is wonderful!!

:glasses: ALISON – you are becoming so incredibly fit and your attitude is stupendous. So glad to hear things are going well for you and congrats on your de-cluttering work.

:glasses: MELANCHOLY2 – congrats on your new family member!! So nice to be surprised---so many people know ahead of time. Did you mention her name? Sorry your food choices didn’t work too well but you have the right mind set and you will do it.

:glasses: GRANDMAKAYE44 – it’s great that you looked after your grandson. I hope you get the exercise you want to do fit into your day very soon.

:glasses: ROBIN – the maxi dress sounds great. Getting ready for that vacation sounds even better!

:glasses: DROJEN – congratulations on staying home!! No way to eat something you really didn’t want if you don’t have it in the house and you don’t go anywhere.

:glasses: DESDEMINA – you will get better and better at your exercise/activity. Give yourself some time!

:glasses: RACHAEL – good work! It took me a long time just to do 3 miles of Leslie! If you have time, you can always do a mile or two and then come back to it later. The miles don’t have to be completed all at once to burn those calories. I hope you enjoy the gym!

:glasses: JT – I’m last in to say---WOW, great picture. And glad to hear you were able to ultimately work with the vultures who were calling you.

:glasses: ANGELIKA – turns out I didn’t have the flu (this time) I was just tired. I do try to get as much sleep as my body demands. I use to short-change sleep all the time but not now.

:glasses: LAURIE – excellent challenge you and your trainer have going. It sounds as if you will both benefit.

:glasses: NACETO – ACK!! Terrible news. So sorry about the break-in but indeed I’m happy you were not home. I hope the door is fixed now and things are at least cleaned up. Good for you---forgiveness is best for you in the long run. I think I’ll just be mad for you for a little while.

:glasses: LIZ – get some sleep!!!!

:glasses: CHARLOTTE – happy organizing to you. I’m feeling the need to straighten some things out again but so far I’m just at the unhappy with the current situation and don’t have a plan of action.

:glasses: SKINNY – good job at the party. Those tasting parties can be horrible for staying on target.

:glasses: SUSAN – sorry the new job is difficult. That type of situation can make everything else in life harder to deal with.

:glasses: KVANDEEST – you did well with your walk.

:glasses: HELEN – indeed your friends are there to enjoy time with you. No clean house awards are needed to have a good time.

Sorry I've missed some folks......

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • jumpy983
    Options
    I typed out a HUGE thing and MFP was "down for maintenance":angry:

SO anywho, here's the jist-

1.) Hooray for the losses! :drinker:
    2.) Sorry about the break in:sad:
    3.) I like starbucks too much! I will look into Skinny Macchiatos.:drinker:
    4.) I did not exercise today or yesterday because I could not conceivably carve out 40 minutes between my 2 jobs and picking up my girls from daycare. I had only enough time to shower and change. I am not happy :noway:
    5.) An emergency is on it's way in and I'm not excited about working tonight. I am too tired. Was here until 1am and didn't get home until 2 am last night. Worked all day today and now again tonight. The people I work with are annoying me but I think it's more sleep related then it is them. :grumble: