skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Yes, officially down 101 today. Whoop!!

I'm giddy.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

YAY!!! My Wednesday Wish came true!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Hi Everyone!! TGIF!!! Why do the short work weeks always feel like they drag out longer than normal weeks?

Friday Fitness:
    Well it wasn't a stellar week, mainly due to weather. I did manage to run on my home treadmill again, so that's something at least. Tomorrow I will walk gunner--I've already promised him NO MATTER WHAT. (DH walked him yesterday, so it's not like he hasn't gotten out there).

I'm not doing personals tonight--too tired.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym (weights + bike) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE (too cold/windy) + core DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym RAN AT HOME INSTEAD
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + core

Grading Goals:
    1. 30/56 Reading Journals
    2. x/56 JRP thesis statements
  • :angry: :explode: :mad: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Nevermind, it's them.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Exercise goals from last week.

Saturday- REST DAY
    Sunday- Rest or gym GYM DONE
    Monday- Gym DONE
    Tuesday- Gym? REST DAY
    Wednesday-Trainer DONE
    Thursday gym DONE
    Friday-Rock Climbing REST due to SNOW

Fitness Goals for 1/26 to 1/31
    Saturday- REST or GYM
    Sunday- Rock Climbing
    Monday- Gym TRAINER
    Tuesday- REST Meeting after work
    WEdnesday- Bowling then dinner with co-workers
    Thursday- REST (Meeting all day and after work)
    Friday- Rock climbing should be ready to climb hard

Fitness challenge for me this week is to spend at least 30 minutes 3x's this week working out in the fitness range for my heart rate. This means that my heart rate will be above 115 bpm according to my PT7 heart rate monitor.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Nicole- Sorry that happened to you. I love your attitude about forgiveness.

Lin- Congratulations on reaching 101. That is AWESOME and you are AMAZING SUCH AND INSPIRATION. I AM SHOUTING A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Helen- Cleaning the floor on your hands and knees is a great exercise- I am sure you worked your biceps and triceps more than you realized.

We had snow here tonight so I did not climb but that's okay because I needed the rest. I am feeling sore in the core from the past weeks workout.

Have a great day.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    kvandeest- wahoo!!! that is a great victory being able to walk the store

lin- SSooooooo happy for you!!! great loss

tom- love the graphics you use....wish i could do that

drojen- never could figure out how a scale could tell you percent of body fat just by standing on it.....so have never had one

naceto -that sucks about the breakin....have that happen a couple of times and i just get mad and think it is so RUDE for someone to do that. You are a better woman than me to be able to forgive

friday fitness- Spent some quality time at the gym.....20 min on the bike loosening my knee then 40 min on the circuit.....VERY mellow after :laugh:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    @Lin Congratulation!!!!!! That is awesome news 101!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Drink more water for leg aches. Pains like that are often caused by dehydration.
  • NAcetoLang
    NAcetoLang Posts: 517 Member
    Thank you all for your well wishes. I am living on very little sleep, but at least I feel safer. A family friend, who is a contractor, replaced the door frame and locks, and added reinforcements there and to the windows. I am considering an alarm system, as some of you mentioned, but don't have a lot of money to spend.

I can't imagine being robbed at gunpoint or being at home when it happens. I am not sure how I would release something like that.

Friday fitness- ummm I slept on the loveseat by the front door last night, and woke up sore- so I must have worked out, right? :ohwell:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Yes, officially down 101 today. Whoop!!

I'm giddy.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

AWESOME!!! You should be so darn proud of yourself. I'm so happy for you!!!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Friday Fitness: Pretty decent week overall.

Saturday: 5K Walk/Run - DONE
    Sunday: Rest. DONE
    Monday. Gym AM - Treadmill w/hill intervals DONE
    Tuesday: Gym AM - Treadmill w/hill intervals DONE
    Wednesday: Gym AM - Fitness Assessment & Treadmill w/hill intervals DONE
    Thursday: Gym AM - Treadmill, but steady walking DONE
    Friday: NOT happy. Headed to the gym this morning and turned off the interstate. My GF calls and said to turn back around. No power. Poo! So I got right back on the interstate and went home. Oh well. . .

Fitness, Week 1/26

Saturday: Walk outside (weather permitting). If not, BowFlex and punching bag.
    Sunday: Walk outside (weather permitting). If not BowFlex and punching bag.
    Monday: Trainer
    Tuesday: Gym AM
    Wednesday: Gym AM
    Thursday: Gym AM
    Friday: Gym AM

I definitely need to find some time to work out this weekend. I had an AMAZING dinner tonight. A great perk with our company is whenever we open a new restaurant they do a pre-opening and folks who helped get it ready get a FREE meal. We're basically guinea pigs for the servers. Oh darn!! Tonight was our new opening of Ruth Chris Steak at Harrah's. So Yon our server was awesome and the food soooo good. I'm stuffed!! Lobster, steak, salad, asparagus, - yum!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Good morning everyone!

Fell asleep super early (for me) last night--it was barely 10 pm. :noway: Gunner woke me bright and early, so I've already been awake for a few hours and had my breakfast. Need to take gunner for a nice long walk today before I head t the gym for my 4 mile run. Tomorrow we are supposed to get an ice-storm, but then it will be 50 degrees by Tues.--crazy chicago weather!

After the gym, I need to grade a bit and then will be going out for dinner and drinks for a friend's b-day.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym (weights + bike) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE (too cold/windy) + core DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym RAN AT HOME INSTEAD
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + core

Grading Goals:
    1. 30/56 Reading Journals
    2. x/56 JRP thesis statements
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Good morning.

I am still sick :sick: but the good news is I was down 4 lbs. :huh: I have been eating and not being active at all. I can't explain how that could be possible. Maybe I'm dehydrated. I have been drinking a lot of water because the Doctor told me to with the antibiotics.

I took my car in yesterday and decided to let them fix it. They gave me a Dodge minivan rental to use while my car gets fixed. It is nice to have a new ride even though things have changed a lot since my car. Maybe the difference is Ford and Dodge but it is way different.

I hope this medicine kicks in and I feel better for work Monday.

Best wishes to all of you!

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Good Morning.

I fell asleep kind of early too - was watching Dateline and missed the final verdict. :grumble: Zoe wore herself out out playing with new toys, so she slept really well last night and even let me sleep a little later this morning. She's been playing hard all morning and now has fallen asleep for her morning nap. Now if someone could just bring me some coffee! I'm heading to to gym in about an hour for a 3-4 mile run and then spending the afternoon with friends.

Saturday Success~Secretly I wanted a 2# loss this week to make another milestone, but I'll settle for the 1.4# I got putting me at 105# loss overall. :tongue:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Kah - Here's your coffee - :drinker: :drinker: two cups to really get you going!

Tom - I hope you start feeling better, poor baby! It is fun to drive the newer cars, isn't it? All the bells and whistles, eh?:love:

This morning I am suffering from "waxed upper lip" syndrome. I waxed my own hairy lip last night and it is as red as a lollipop today, and I am at the BF's. He looked at me and said "What's wrong with your lip?" I didn't tell him the truth.........:sad: the redness hopefully will be gone soon!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,356 Member
    Have been busy trying to sort out my dad’s hearing aid problems by long distance. This tends to be a somewhat frustrating experience at best. :grumble: :noway: :grumble: As soon as I’m finished I’m going to make a cup of coffee---the second one!

KARENLEONA – great job at the gym. Heck, I’d be well beyond mellow; I’d be jello. :flowerforyou:

NACETO – glad you had someone get the door back in working order. I’ve never installed an alarm system with monitoring but I did put up a little thingy on the door that buzzes when the door is opened. Since I sleep upstairs I thought it would be a tiny warning to get on the phone and lock my bedroom door. I’m probably deluded---yeah, I’m sure I am. I hope nothing like this ever happens again.:heart:

SUSAN – wow, you have Bowflex and a punching bag to use? That’s great. A lot of stress and tension could go flying away by using those tools. :glasses:

SKINNY – I’m always amazed at how much you accomplish…..working, grading, grading, grading, going out, walking the dog, running. Yipes! Our forecast is for ice tomorrow morning so I’m staying home and plan to look for a new soup recipe. Ambitious plan yes? HAHAHAHA. :laugh:

TOM – I’m sorry you still are not well but amazing loss! Woot!!!! That is wonderful.:bigsmile:

KAH – congrats on your loss.:bigsmile: Sorry you didn’t see the end of that program. Can’t help you----not only was I not watching that channel---I fell asleep while trying to read a book that I *really* want to read. :sad:

ROBIN – sorry about the lip. I’ve never done that so am unacquainted with the pitfalls. :cry:

A double wish for BE SAFE, BE HEALTHY and drink your water.:drinker: :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    :sick: *cough*

Hoping this is just my annual bout of bronchitis, and not the flu.... I feel like dog poo.....

(sanitized) hugs to everyone
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Quick update:

@Lin -- thanks for the kind thoughts! I didn't feel incredibly fit as I took 50 minutes to run 3 miles on Thursday, or while the 'tail runner' was *walking* behind me in the parkrun this morning! But hey, look how far I've come.
    @Kristen (and other Starbucks lovers) -- you might like this site -- http://www.hughchou.org/calc/coffee.cgi . So not only do a lot of these posh coffees have a ton of calories, they're a massive drain on the wallet too. Still love them though, so I know where you're coming from. (I mean, we spend £40/month on *coffee beans*. So even drinking coffee at home isn't a trivial cost). Sorry for whatever's going on at your work.
    @Susan -- your dinner sounds really, really yummy. That *is* a brilliant perk.
    @Tom, Vicki -- hope you're back on your feet soon.

OK, Saturday success -- well, I'm already celebrating the SV I'm going to have on Monday... I think my body really likes getting back on track with exercise and eating lots and lots of healthy food like winter soups. Plus although I'm slow, I'm running again, so that's good. And the sun is shining and it's well above zero! About time. Now, I'm just going to quickly do 30DS, and then have a shower, and then I'm going to two different concerts, one after the other, today. One a lecture-with-songs on the life of Woody Guthrie, and then I'm volunteering at the English Folk Dance & Song Society.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

-- Alison
  • @kelley, tom, and lin!!!! - Great scale victories!!!!! So inspiring!!
    @nicole - so sorry to hear about your break-in! that can be so unsettling! i hope your sense of security is intact now that your door and windows are secured.
    @robin - you must be getting pumped up for jamaica, especially with this cold weather we've been having! and yes, i think when i'm starting to run, being able to breathe will be important! :)
    @laurie - good to hear that you're making such great strides in the gym with your new trainer!
    @kvandeest - great job walkng the store!

Well, I might be deluding myself, but I think it's finally warmed up enough (mid-20s, lol) to go for a nice, long walk with my youger doggie on the trail near my house. after a week of almost-no exercise, it is much needed! i hope we don't freeze out there! saturday success is that even with my fairly sedentary week and a couple calorie overages, i've maintained my loss from last week... here's hoping that holds until the "official" monday weigh-in. Happy weekend to all! Get out there and move however much you can!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Good Morning. I am glad Robin posted about the lip problem. I have been considering removing the hair from my upper lip, but maybe I need to be a bit cautious. Thanks for the warning. :wink:
    You are all so inspiring. I have nothing outstanding to report. I did go for a walk at the track yesterday. Weigh in is tomorrow. I hope that I have lost most of what I gained last week. It is still cold and slick. It is above freezing, but it rained last evening, and froze sometime during the night, so there is a thick coat of ice on everything this morning.
    Hope those who are ill will be getting back to normal quickly.
    I have some projects to get done today, so I had best get busy. Have a great day. Kaye