Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have just over 90lbs to lose and this is my second round of MFP. I was on here a little over a year and a half ago, lost 25lbs but then got pregnant with my 5th and last child so dropped off. I'm back and so far have lost almost 15lbs and would love to join in the group here for more motivation and to share my goals with. Do you ever do any challenges or games? I was doing Roller Derby and am still part of the team but tore my knee up about 2 months back so am on restriction and finding exercises to do with a bum knee is proving difficult. :/ Grrrr

I'm trying to stay as active as I can with work and exercising at practice but am staying off my skates for a bit. I was out for 7 weeks, got back on my skates and then fell at the 4th practice and haven't gotten back on due to letting my knee heal. I'm pretty sure is done for but I have high hopes. lol So I'm focusing on changing my eating habits, walking, and thinking about adding yoga into my routine to see how I do.

Oh I'm 34 and a mom of 5, have a part time at home biz, just finished 4 years of school this past March and am job hunting for that as well. So yes, super crazy busy but I love it. :) Hope to chat with you all and make some new friends. :)
  • DoingThiisForMe
    Options
    Tuesday Goals... I ate soooo much yesterday, lunch with the boyfriend and then dinner with friends and I still ended up under 2000 cals :) I only exercised once though... I caught a cold so im drinking lots of oj, which is adding massive amounts of cals... but I only ate something once today and a nice size snack.. good thing youre not really hungry when you have a cold...Just making good choices when I go out, to make better choices with my exercising, and to keep the scale moving and my pants looser lol
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    DoingThiisFor – Hope you get to feeling better soon! It’s tough to do well when eating out so much, but looks like you did well – Good for you!:flowerforyou:

Kinda79 – Sorry to hear about your injury but you can definitely do this! 5 kids – WOW! I’m not sure how you have time for anything else – I have 2 and they wear me out…kudos to you!:drinker:

Skinny – We all have days where we splurge – as long as it’s not constant, you’ll be just fine…glad the concert was fun. :happy:

Top – Homeschooled 5 kids?!? Congrats – I couldn’t do it. My boys are 8 and 9 and I already freak out when I think about them being grown and gone, so I can only imagine how you feel. :frown:

Eeyeore – I used to get migraines everytime I did Zumba and would have to stop. Since I started really losing weight, I haven’t had a migraine at all! You’re doing great – it takes a lot to push yourself, but you are doing it! I’m sorry about your dad, I know that’s got to be hard on you, but vent here anytime you need to – this is such a great thread with sincere, caring people. Glad your daughter is liking school. :smile:

Susan – Hope your trip gets better and no headache allowed :flowerforyou:

Lauriek – A bike trip across America, huh? That sounds pretty amazing! Will definitely take lots of work and dedication. You definitely have to keep us posted on your decision. :happy:

KJeffries – Hope you’re feeling better today.:flowerforyou:

I went over my calories yesterday, but today is a new day. Really bad thing is I didn't even want or like what I was eating. Don't really know what is wrong with me - just feeling down right now for some reason. It's gonna all be ok though :)

Boys started back to school and so far they are loving it. My youngest son has the biggest heart of any child I know. There is a little boy in his class that lost both of his legs from the knee down so he has artifical legs. Yesterday the little boy wanted to slide at recess and in order to he had to climb up a ladder. My son saw that he was struggling and went over to help him. He was so happy and proud of himself to be able to help the other little boy and needless to say I am so proud of him that I can hardly contain myself! :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a wonderful, successful day! :smile:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Robin~the metabolic assessments I do are done at my gym, not through a doctor but through my trainer. The active one I’m doing on Friday lets me know at what heart rate I burn the most fat and calories along with identifying the maximum heart rate I can reach before I start to burn sugar instead of fat. They’re useful tools in weight loss.

@BJ~What a wonderful thing your son did, he should be proud of himself. :flowerforyou:

@Eeyeore~Its good to keep challenging yourself, you don’t know whether or not you can do something until you try. Kudos that you keep pushing through.

@Laurie~That bike tour would certainly be an amazing opportunity & the trip of a lifetime. I think talking with the bike shop owner for tips on taking this kind of trip is a great idea. I can’t remember, have your friends taken this kind of trip before? If they are veterans for this type of bike trip, they might be a good resource in prepping for the kind of terrain you will be riding on.

@Katrena~Sorry about the dental work, I have one crown and hope I never need another one – dental appoinments are typically really easy for me, but when I had that crown put on it was horrible. I can certainly empathize with what you went through, I hope your pain has subsided and are feeling better today.

@Toots~I hope your husband is feeling better these days and is on the road to recovery. I know how stressful the last several months have been, I hope things settle down for both of you soon.

@Kinda79~Welcome. Robin posts daily topics that are outlined on page 1 to keep the conversation rolling (like we really need help with that :laugh:), along with monthly goals - you can choose to participate in those if you wish. Knee injuries are rough, been there. If you belong to a gym try the bike, elliptical or arc trainer - all are easy on the joints.

Wednesday Wish~My wish is for those under the weather, injured or struggling find some resolve soon.

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Monday~Rest Day DONE! :tongue:
    Tuesday~Elliptical & Stairmill DONE! :bigsmile:
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Walk (probably TM at gym), limited to light workout before AMA
    Friday~Metabolic Assessment in morning, now possibly working out with trainer in afternoon
    Saturday~Arc Trainer/Row or Rest Day

Make it a day of great choices!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Boys started back to school and so far they are loving it. My youngest son has the biggest heart of any child I know. There is a little boy in his class that lost both of his legs from the knee down so he has artifical legs. Yesterday the little boy wanted to slide at recess and in order to he had to climb up a ladder. My son saw that he was struggling and went over to help him. He was so happy and proud of himself to be able to help the other little boy and needless to say I am so proud of him that I can hardly contain myself! :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a wonderful, successful day! :smile:

how sweet. what a love. lucky mom.
    The bike trip across America is a once in the lifetime trip and would be amazing. I am very concerned about the Rockies and getting over them but more importantly getting down safely. I am not a speed demon by any means and the roads are very narrow not to mention extremely high with many cliffs. The other issue of major concern is traveling some major inter-state highways where there are not suitable side roads to travel. I have not ridden on major roads yet and they are intimidating to say the least.

when i lived in colorado we'd find bikers all over. as long you're in a group there shouldn't be a problem. everyone can see a group.
    Toots - with all you've been through, adjusting meds is often very sensible. I just hope your nervousness is not a side effect of your ADD drugs you mentioned you had started taking.

i asked that robin but they said that if i was already nervous before taking them, which i am, it can't really be considered a side effect unless it's extreme

glad you talked to them....and glad they are not the culprit!

well, they are a stimulant so i'm sure that they're at least partially responsible. but not enough to worry apparently :laugh:
    Sorry to hear your husband has been sick...hope he is well again real soon!, p.s. thank you for the message aand understanding..it means a lot!

thanks. he probably won't really be well again ever. but i think once we get past this adjustment period we'll figure out our new normal.
    Hi everyone! I have just over 90lbs to lose and this is my second round of MFP. I was on here a little over a year and a half ago, lost 25lbs but then got pregnant with my 5th and last child so dropped off. I'm back and so far have lost almost 15lbs and would love to join in the group here for more motivation and to share my goals with. Do you ever do any challenges or games? I was doing Roller Derby and am still part of the team but tore my knee up about 2 months back so am on restriction and finding exercises to do with a bum knee is proving difficult. :/ Grrrr

I'm trying to stay as active as I can with work and exercising at practice but am staying off my skates for a bit. I was out for 7 weeks, got back on my skates and then fell at the 4th practice and haven't gotten back on due to letting my knee heal. I'm pretty sure is done for but I have high hopes. lol So I'm focusing on changing my eating habits, walking, and thinking about adding yoga into my routine to see how I do.

Oh I'm 34 and a mom of 5, have a part time at home biz, just finished 4 years of school this past March and am job hunting for that as well. So yes, super crazy busy but I love it. :) Hope to chat with you all and make some new friends. :)

welcome!
    My youngest attended her first day of school EVER today.... she is 17 and started college today!!! If you have not guessed, we homeschooled all 5 of our kids!!! I am so proud of her though!!! She is working hard on good health and can now run 4 1/2 miles holding a 12 min mile AND she finished her high school program 1 1/2 years early!!! After she got home today we went for a 3 mile walk and caught up on our days!!! Ah, the days of having my kids around is quickly coming to an end!!!! So sad!!!

i've been homeschooling my oldest. i'm not sure what will happen with my daughters. the only one old enough for school LOVES going to school. like seriously, lives for it. she knows she doesn't get a choice come middle school. but right now i feel bad about trying to take her out. the baby is only three so i'm not sure how that will go.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    @Toots~I hope your husband is feeling better these days and is on the road to recovery. I know how stressful the last several months have been, I hope things settle down for both of you soon.

Thanks. Sad fact is, he'll never really get better as I was saying above. I think for us it's about adjustment now and figuring out our new reality. I mean, his sepsis obviously is getting better. But the root cause is not going to go away. I appreciate your thoughts though. :)
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    WED WISH - That I feel well enough for water aerobics this evening.

Still feeling poorly though I slept most of yesterday and last night. Going to Dr today for chest congestion if I can get in. Lost 2 lbs this week. It's amazing how this group can keep you motivated. Just thinking of some of your struggles and accomplishments helps me stay on track. It's better than struggling alone

Thanks for all your good wishes. Going back to bed

Katrena
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish - That I had a chef to cook all my meals. (for free of course!) :laugh:

Kinda79 - I think they do just a monthly goal that everyone attempts. Good luck with your 2nd round. Hope you stick around a while :)

BJCamp1978 - I love that story about your son. What a good kid you have there! Maybe this will be the beginning of a friendship? lol

KJEFFRIES2 - Get better soon! :heart:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. I didnt make it on yesterday as I am buried in a project I started on the house. I got a new sectional for my living room which made me decide I needed to paint. Well since all the main rooms in my house just kinda flow into one another that means all the rooms but bed and bath have to be painted. I dont know why I do these things to myself lol. I got the kitchen and the accent wall in the living room (same color to tie it all together) done yesterday. Problem is I woke up this morning and my right side is reminding me that it is still trying to heal from the muscles I pulled a couple weeks ago and doesnt appreciate the workout I gave it yesterday. I see some major frustration coming my way cause stopping mid poject will drive me nuts and trying to finish is literally going to hurt. This is the first time in my life I have injured my dominent side. It is really annoying. My little puppy just keeps wandering around lost looking cause nothing is were it belongs right now while i try to get this one. Yesterday was a great food day until dinner time. I had this nice easy healthy dinner planned and I got the meat all cooked and ready to stuff the peppers and I took a bite to check the seasoning and the meat was bad. At that point I ws cranky and done for the day so it was a pizza night which put me over on the calories.

My wednesday wish is that the paint fairy wold show up and finish my house:laugh:

Have a great day everyone and I hope all your Wednesday wishes come true:happy: :heart: :heart:
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Neurotic - I LOVE your ticker! That's awesome! My youngest makes friends very easily and he and this little boy are friends. I had thought about inviting him to the kids Halloween party this year. :)

jtconst - I feel for ya - I HATE painting! Good luck and congrats on the new furniture. My house needs some new paint on the inside too, but I haven't been able to motivate my hubby yet and I ain't doing it! lol
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody.

Wishing you all are having a healthy day!

Quote of the day:- “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” ~Thomas S. Monson

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

@tom--love the quote today. Glad you got your lab all moved and can get back to "normal" at work.

@tammy--I don't mind the actual painting--it's all of the prep work that puts me off. I hate all the moving/covering furniture, cleaning, taping, etc. We have 2 rooms in our house that we've never painted, and we've lived here 12 years. DH was planning to paint while I was in Switzerland, but ended up trying to fix the dishwasher instead. :ohwell:

@katrena--hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

@kinda--welcome! :flowerforyou:

Wednesday Wish:
    That I can stick with my current calorie allowance--it's VERY frustrating to see the scale inch up, but I know it's got to come back down b/c I'm still eating under maintenance.

Went to the gym today to work off my 400 calorie overage from yesterday. Now I plan to shower and head to starbucks to get some work done. I have to write a letter of recommendation for a student, and she asked if I could have it ready when school starts. Also, have colleagues texting me and bugging me to send them files--I want to scream at them "I'M STILL ON SUMMER BREAK!!!" :explode: It's really not a big deal, but I asked one of them if she wanted to meet over the summer so I could give her all of my files (she's taking over the Advanced Grammar elective I used to teach). Her response was "I don't get paid to work over the summer"--a ridiculous response b/c we all work over the summer. Now, when I'm trying to enjoy my last couple of days off, she's asking for my files. :angry:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk at festival DONE + dance at festival DONE
    Sun--run outside w/gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE but mowed lawn/gardened
    Tues--walk gunner DONE (going to Ravinia to see Journey)
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym if time (hair and pedi appt)
    Fri--walk gunner (festival so more dancing)
  • tootsanderson
    Options

Quote of the day:- “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” ~Thomas S. Monson

Tom

timely quote. today is Thomas S. Monson's birthday!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody.

Wishing you all are having a healthy day!

Tom

Love the quote today Tom. It seems so many people never learn to just enjoy the present moment.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: I wish my scale would start moving down again! I haven't lost any weight in Aug. except the fluctuations from my vacations. I'm still following the plan, so I know it will happen, but I'm kind of frustrated. I would hate to have a month with no loss at all!
    Not much else happening around here. I'm still trying to work a little at a time to get my house back in order after our trips. As for painting, I would have to be really desparate do that! I always say, give me some thread and a needle or hook. I'll do about anything, but I don't do paint and glue. So far its going well with the kids. The baby naps good. I think that Keith is really ready to go to kindergarten. He is getting pretty bored. Kudos to those who can homeschool. I am always too glad to see the school year start! I guess I need the break.
    Have a great day. Kaye
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the calories/ macros... I have been doing as you suggested, Karen, and focusing on protein and fiber... I weighed this morning and was back down a half pound below what I was before I had gained a little- so YAY.

Robinsegg... I bit the big one on the yoga dvd. :ohwell: I LOVE yoga, but somehow have a hard time getting going. I did walk a few miles today, but think I am going to try the yoga anyway... there, now I have committed! Hopefully someone will give me some grief if I don't log some time on that LOL

Wednesday wish... wishing that these last few days off work, I keep myself motivated and moving! I am excited to start working again, but part of me is going to miss the freedom in my schedule.

Candy Crush... Level 207... :noway: I can't believe how that silly game sucks me in!!!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish buying a used car for a 17 year old boy wasn't so stressful and expensive.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish(es): winning the lottery so I can get out of the job-from-hell :sad: because I'm completely certain that the stress is causing my plateau... blah.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- Thanks for the support. I have so many questions about this trip and what it is going to take to complete it, not to mention the ability to train for the trip during the school year. The people I am going with are now into endurance bike rides--think long distances and they train together so that is one thing to consider since I would not be good on training on my own for this trip. Thank you for your offer of car support, if I go I may take you up on it. Glad you had a great time at the concert.

Kinda- There are still many exercises you can do with a bum knee as I have learned from past experiences. If you have a pool nearby us that to walk or swim. The upper body is an area that you can workout using the machines, free weights, battle ropes and like someone else mentioned a stationary bike- just make sure you have it set for you or the ARC trainer. My trainer has me on the Bosu ball (half-ball) rounded side with one foot one to help strengthen the ankle and the muscles around the knee-that is a tough workout. Hope the knee heals completely.

Wish- That I can accomplish a lot at school tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it come Monday. Friday is a day off, they do that so teachers will go to work on their own time to finish things ups. My goal is not to report to school on Friday, Monday will be here soon enough.

I must that this week has kicked my butt. I am very tired today and have been all week. The morning meetings are driving me crazy and today's were better than yesterday's. By the afternoon, I don't feel like doing any work in the classroom. I need to get over this since my schedule will have me off in the morning for 2 hours then working the last 3.5 hours of the school day. I guess I will find the right grove for me and complaining does not work.

Sunday-Swim- DONE 45 minutes with 4 sets of 200M of three strokes. Over .5 miles
    Monday-Trainer did Strength training DONE
    Tuesday- Rest (working late) DONE
    Wednesday- gym Run 1 mile for time then cardio DONE- 12.12 minutes
    Thursday-Cardio intervals-may not make it helping with new student orientation tomorrow after school.
    Friday-Climbing
    Saturday-bike ride
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk the "big loop" tonight. Translate: 2.5 miles instead of 1.5 on the "short loop". It is kind of hot and muggy so I am really sweating. Feels good!
    Have a good night. Kaye