Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound‌ - Ah, student conferences. Those are a major time suck, but at the same time, the kids need your feedback. Good luck!

@ereilly311‌ - As I've been making changes and trying new things over the past month or so, I have to continually remind myself that I won't be good at everything the first time or even the second or third time. But if I keep showing up and putting in the work, eventually I will be good at that activity. Time passes either way, so I've decided to spend it intentionally.

@jessicahyde‌ - Woohoo! Congrats on your one-week-iversary! :smiley:

@saggyandbaggy‌ - Congrats to you on going down 10 dress sizes!!!!!

@morgori - Very cool. I listen to public radio almost exclusively, so it's neat to learn a little about its history.

AFM, my day got off to a rocky start. Got some paperwork in the mail yesterday that threw me into a bit of an "I don't know what to do with this but the deadline is soon it's all going to fall apart I can't do this" tailspin. It's not even anything major, just something I'm not super familiar with. Add to that I'm now up to 9 magazine assignments with at least 2 more coming this week, all due within the first 2 weeks of February, and I'm just on overwhelm. Got up and did my Miracle Morning routine, which gave me some peace, but ended up laying down and sleeping for about 3 hours afterward rather than deal with it. That, my friends, is the depression winning.

Rather than beat myself up for it, though, I acknowledge what it is and how it's affecting me. Got up after my nap, gathered the paperwork and figured out what it was that wasn't clear, then called the agency and asked questions. They were super helpful, and I know exactly what to do now. Then I wrote out my To Do list, breaking things into little tasks that I can work on in short amounts of time and cross off as they're done.

So, I'm off to work on that list!
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Love this quote! Thanks for posting it, Tom.
  • mtuck2
    mtuck2 Posts: 11
    Options
    "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." -Helen Keller
  • loosaedna
    loosaedna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone its been a while since I've been on here but have been doing my calories on here. Well went to doctor yesterday and started on Diabetes medicine. When I went to the doctors since my last weigh in I lost another 13 pounds.

I want to say hello to everyone and hope your all doing good.
  • scrubb816
    scrubb816 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am on day 13 of tracking and am officially down 4.8 lbs my first week! My husband and I are doing this together and we are kicking butt :) So happy to be taking control... Finally! We have had a rough year, and it is good to be taking control of our health. Here is to a good week for us all.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody - its sure been a long while. The flu went into a sinus infection and up the sinus into where the brain cyst was removed, a high fever,high blood pressure effluence from everywhere, landing me in the hospital for 2 days, back out and all better from that.
    - @Walking Queen - love the new hairdo! Good luck with your son. I really hope he contimplates a career with the Air Force or Navy. It makes real men of young kids.
    - =@LooEdna - so happy for your continued weight loss!
    - @Everyone else who has been sick - I feel so bad for all of you suffering. Its no fun, its boring, and probably doesn't get you any sympathy at home.
    - @Laurie - yes I'll pray for your aunt.
    @Welcome all the newcomers - I'm going to repost the January Challeng as well as the Word or Phrase for the year. Glad you all have found us.
    @Everyone congratulations for your efforts this month. It seems you are paying attention every day to your goals. That's dedication.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    <3<3<3

MONTHLY “ALL IN” CHALLENGE for JANUARY 2015:

The First Goal is the Calorie Challenge. Each person is challenged to stay under (or within 100 calories of) their MFP recommended daily calories. We hope everyone posts their tally the following way: if you are successful for 10 days out of your first 11 days of the month you’d write it like this: daily calorie challenge: 10/11. You are also allowed some days off, if you choose, ie. A family birthday, holiday, etc.

The Second Goal is "ALL IN" - in whatever capacity you choose. Put all your effort in this.
    If you choose Exercise- give it your all, if you choose Organizing your house, give it Your ALL., Whatever you choose to work on, Drinking Water, Whatever, give it YOUR ALL!

And be sure to tell us what you're WORKING ON in your posts! Thanks!

We’ve also decided to choose One Special Word or Phrase to Live By in the New Year.

This will be in lieu of a New Years Resolution. The one word should be a word that resonates with you and applies to the change you are making in yourself. You should be able to easily remember it and to easily think of it at the most important times of your day when you need to be reminded to be strong about your lifestyle change.

Please copy this post to a document on your personal computer! Thanks, Robin

<3<3<3
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Due to a mental health issue, I am not going to be off-line for a few weeks. I am going to post about this in my blog however. I will be extremely graphic. You should NOT read it unless you are a supporter of mental health care I DO NOT recommend newbies read it.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    Due to a mental health issue, I am not going to be off-line for a few weeks. I am going to post about this in my blog however. I will be extremely graphic. You should NOT read it unless you are a supporter of mental health care I DO NOT recommend newbies read it.

My prayers and well wishes are with you dear heart. I will read your blog and message me anytime you want to talk. ....

Can you share your blog name/title or is it only open to your MFP friends list?
    Niki
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @RobinsEgg I am so sorry that you have been so ill. I have never read the blogs. How do I find you there? Wishing you all the best. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    its : myfitnesspal.com/blog/the persons mfp name
    so its: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RobinsEgg
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @Ellen, so sorry to hear about your health concerns. Of course, take the time you need. Prayers and good vibes being sent your way.
    @Niki, @loosaedna‌ and @scrubba Congratulations on your losses.
    @James Good job. I hope you enjoyed the apple.
    @Tom - I don't currently listen to the radio as a habit, but may start pushing myself to do that every so often. :) Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Had a good loss for the week. Will continue to stay the course.....still getting snack attacks, but am managing....
    Perfect effort and balance.
    Mara
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Oh @RobinsEgg‌, my heart aches for you and the little girl you were. *hug* You do what you need to in order to get well.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm back... it's crazy here. Still tracking. Still progressing. Mostly just effing exhausted.

We're getting ready to move. As in, as soon as we get our tax refund. I want to be out of this house and away from my BSC mother in law before it's time to plant the spring garden. So lots of things are getting stuffed into the car and dumped at Goodwill. We're having to find people to board our dog and possibly our cats, because the only house we can afford to buy is a gutted-to-the-walls shell, so we'll probably be living in an apartment for a year as we get the house liveable. But we'll do it, because our other option is to sit here until the bank changes the locks.

So there's a lot of fast food happening. Bleh... My crock pot sees regular use as well, but when you look up, realize that it's almost five, and you have nothing thawed and a hungry 3 year old... yeah, it's pizza night.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thank you the prayers for my aunt. She came through the surgery and is recovering.

Robin sending you prayers and wishing you a quick recovery.

I have placed myself on a 2 day rest from exercise to give all my bruises a chance to heal and recover. Thursday, I will take it easy and gently move back into leg exercises. We will see how that works and if my knees/legs/calfs do any better.

I still have some work to do tonight, so I must go. Sorry no time personals.

Goal- To watch what I eat this week.

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    melifornia wrote: »
    Oh @RobinsEgg‌, my heart aches for you and the little girl you were. *hug* You do what you need to in order to get well.
    My sentiments exactly. You have held us together for years. We are here for you whenever you can drop by.

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Robin Do what you need and take care of yourself first. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. You are such a lovely person; you deserve the best.

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Robin I posted that before I read your story. You dear, dear lady. I just want to scoop you up and hug you and protect you if I could. Know that your friends here love you. You are a wonderful person and you deserve so much more. Take care of yourself dear and heal and get well. Our prayers are with you.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal- To get to the gym for my final weigh in for the holiday hold your weight program...and work out while I'm there.

January All-in: 7/13
    Mantra: You Know Better!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys-
    Late meeting and now I'm really tired, so no personals tonight other than...

@robin--thinking of you as you work through your pain. Hugs.

Tuesday Goals:
    It's that time of the semester when my only goal is to get through each day having made a bit of progress. Today I accomplished that. Got through a few conferences, finished the Scarlet Letter essays, and even graded a few journals during my meeting after school.

Down side is I keep forgetting to defrost any chicken or fish to cook for lunch. Today I got a chicken wrap from the school cafeteria--my standby when I don't bring lunch--but need to figure out something for tomorrow. I think I have a can of tuna in the cabinet, so that may be my solution for tomorrow.

2015 mantra = "Just 15 minutes"

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 12/13 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week: week 1 = 2/2, week 2 = 1/2, week 3 = x/2, week 3 = x/2
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/66 AP essays
    2. 30/30 Scarlet Letter essays DONE
    3. 20/66 AP journals
    4. x/60 SL annotations
    5. Tone test corrections

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym