Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @Robin...take care of yourself. I know all of us on this thread will be thinking of you.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So tonight I worked out with my softball team, for the first of our pre season work outs. One of the moms is a personal trainer and has offered to do "group fitness" classes for us Tuesday and Thursday nights. I did it a long side the girls tonight, and did pretty good. But wow between that tonight and kickboxing last night... I am sore! I'm scared to feel how I wake up tomorrow lol
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @ereilly311‌ - hot bath with 2-3 good handfuls of epsom salts & drinking a lot of water will help with that. :)
  • Diabetic42
    Options
    Hi I am Roxyann and I have a 110 pound to take off. In 3 years being on here I had dropped almost 40 pounds. Than I get a big head thinking I can do it on my own. I stopped writing my food down and have put back on 12 pounds in 6 months. I will be 58 on Monday and have been a type 1 diabetic for 43 years (take up to 10 shots a day). Been pretty sick this year all due to not eating right which makes my blood sugars go crazy. Going to give it other try here, because I know it works if you are willing to put in the time and effort to do it. Good luck to all as we share this great journey together. <3
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @Diabetic ... welcome to the thread. If you'd like to join in on our 'challenges' they are described about 17 posts back on this page (pg 646) by our founder @RobinsEgg. We don't compete with anyone but our own selves, but like to share with one another what we're doing and getting on. This thread has run for over 4 years, so there is a lot of history in these pages.

AFM (as for me)
    Wednesday Wishes ... that everyone who is or has been or is getting sick gets well soon. Winter can be so hard on everyone's health. I am finally feeling about 75% recovered from the Bronchitis ... and I know it can take several weeks from here to have clear lungs again, at least for me. I have a second Wednesday Wish ... that my sleeping pattern normalizes soon!

Challenge:
    Calories at goal (within 100 calories) 13/13 (goal is 28/31)
    ALL-IN: exercice 3 times a week between Mon-Fri = zero! Tomorow will be my second time getting out of my house since I got sick ... to see the doctor again. Maybe i can start my ALL-IN next week.

Follow-through Niki
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @Robin I'm so sorry for what has happened to you, I wish you all the luck in the world that you feel better soon and we will be here to welcome you back with open arms and a supportive shoulder if you need one. :heart:
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Did it again. Just wrote a post and did not push the right button! Yeesh!

@Skinny Karen, I saw on America's test kitchen yesterday that you can defrost one or two chicken breast in few minutes by having them in a zip lock bag and submerging the bag in a bowl of 140º water for a few minutes. I had seen this there before but had kind of forgotten; I have tried it in the past and it works. The chicken may look slightly cooked, but when actually cooked this does not matter.
    I need to buy some breasts to freeze separately this way for easy meals quickly. I think often we falter when our best intentions run out of time.

Gotta get busy, but I will try to come back and do the rest again later; I need to do some power reading today in addition to the regular stuff to be ready for book club tomorrow. The book: "Dear Abigail" by Diane Jacobs.

Barbara (mountmary)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @robin - You are such a positive person and are so supportive of all of us. Sending prayers for your healing and know you have a fan club that will be awaiting your return.

AFM - Work continues to be nuts and I find myself fighting the urge to snack when the stress piles up. But, I'm working hard on getting back on track with my eating plan and being mostly successful. Exercise continues to be consistent even though walking right now means cold, wind and drizzle. My dog is such a great motivator. He glares at me until I get on my walking shoes and pick up his leash. Who needs a personal trainer? He works for treats and belly rubs!

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That everyone suffering from anything (inside or out) gets some healing.

@Kelley…audits. Lovely things! Good luck with maintaining as much of a “normal” life as you can over the next two weeks.
    @saggy…28 to 18? AWESOME!!!
    @melifornia…my wish for you is that you can get through the 9 assignments by the due dates.
    @loosaedna…13 pounds is great. Keep up the good work!
    @scrubb…nice start. It must be very helpful to have your husband involved with you. Great accountability. My husband is 6’ and 150 lbs wet – he’s not a bit worried about what he eats but is generally pretty good about supporting me.
    @Robin…{{{Hugs}}} you’re in my prayers.
    @MaryPoppins…good luck. Moving can be stressful – hope it goes well and you can stay on track.
    @Laurie…good news about your aunt. Now to let yourself recover.
    @Karen…I just set myself a reminder to take out some chicken for tomorrow.  Love that I can just talk to Siri and she’ll remind me.

AFM…Didn’t get to the gym yesterday either. We were going to lift and my sister needed to stay very close to a bathroom. Her morning sickness is turning out to be in the evening. We’ll see how this goes. I do plan on making sure I go do some cardio even if she can’t make it in the future.

The scale finally moved! 1.2 pounds. Not a ton, but hopefully it’s just the beginning. My psyche needed to see a lower number today and finally it happened.

Yesterday, I received news that my entire division is basically doing a fruit basket upset. I will have new bosses (the one I'm moving to has a reputation to be tough - but the little I've interacted with her in the past shows that she is fair. I can get on board with someone like that). My direct upline is in varied locations so it could be tricky. My direct Manager is located in Sioux Falls and the two up from her are in Des Moines. Guess phone conferences will be used quite a bit. :)

Not sure exactly how my day is going to turn out. I have year end reviews for all my departments this week (8) plus an overall review to the officers next week so I’m busy doing trend analysis etc. I have two cakes due on Friday that I will bake today and get a crumb coat on. But before I can do that, I need to clean my kitchen (can’t sell a cake out of a dirty kitchen). Apparently, when my husband is transitioning his hours, he is too exhausted to help out (GRRR). My son asked if I would be doing dishes tonight since he used the last bowl – I reminded him that I’m not the only that knows how to use a dishwasher (Double GRRR). And last but not least, tonight, Jacob has confirmation and I have choir. Will see if I get to the gym or not.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Wed Everyone-
    @Newbies- welcome to the group
    @RobinsEgg- How scary about your physical health hope all goes well. Take time to get yourself better you will be missed but your mental and physical health is what matters most. Prayers for you sweetie as you heal.
    @Marypoppins-Good luck with finding homes for your pets while you’re in your apartment. Could you find a place that takes pets? In MN lots of apartments take pets so that is something I never thought about.
    @LaurieK- Good news about your aunt. Prayers for a speedy recovery from your bruises

AFM- I am going to try to log on here every morning being I will be swamped at night. My new math class is going to be hard and as of day one I am feeling behind and lost. He skipped the whole first chapter of the book stating we didn't need review of last class and started off with new stuff. Personally I know a little review would have been great because every teacher is different in how much of something they teach. He also is from Russia I think...he has broken English and talks extremely fast which makes lecture very hard for me. He is the only night class teacher so I have to find a way to make it work but I can not meet his exception he gave us 10 minutes to do 6 problems I only got 3 done and 1 right.
    I am trying to stay positive though because that will help the situation plus there are like 10 people in the class that took him last semester so he must be good teacher.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy Caesarean section day!
    Today January 14, 2011 is Caesarean section day.
    Who was the first to perform a caesarean section?
    Dr. Jesse Bennett is said to be the first North American doctor to perform a caesarean section in 1794. At the age of 24, Dr. Bennett performed the first caesarean section in America on his wife Elizabeth. In a modest home in Virginia the surgery was performed without any antiseptics and equipment. Too much of his surprise, the mother and baby survived the operation.
    History of caesarean Sections
    As far back as the Julius Caesar era, caesarean sections have been performed; they just always resulted in the mother dying. It wasn’t until the 1500’s that a woman was first recorded to survive the surgery.
    How common are caesarean sections today?
    According to CNN a recent study says 1 in 3 first-time moms are delivering their baby by caesarean section. These mothers are most likely to have repeat C-sections.
    According to the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, scientists expect the C-section rate to continue to rise.
    Why do women need a caesarean section?
    There are many reasons why an expectant mom would need a caesarean section such as, preexisting conditions, complications in pregnancy where a vaginally delivery may pose a risk to the baby, or complications during labor.
    Today women are having elective caesarean sections. This is a surgery that is performed for reasons other than medically necessary. Many women find it convenient to plan the date of their child’s birth. While others like it because it is quicker than a vaginal birth.
    Interesting fact on caesarean Sections
    On March 5, 2000 Ines Ramirez performed a caesarean section on herself. She is believed to be the first woman to have successfully performed the surgery on herself.

“No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change.” ~Bill Phillips

Tom
  • pattyebricker
    pattyebricker Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Morgori, I love your post and look forward to it daily. Always so interesting. Thank you
  • SlowlyLosingToWin
    Options
    Hello everyone. I need to lose 136lbs (my end goal is 175, I'll still be overweight, but I can't imagine being any smaller as I haven't weighed that since I was 12). I am always looking for new friends. My goal this week (weigh in is Friday) is to have lost 2 lbs. We shall see. Good luck everyone!!!
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I had what I call a "gray" day yesterday - not full blown depression, but enough to drag me down. So my To Do list did not dwindle by much, although I did get through my morning routine (which is probably what kept me from tipping from gray to black). Feeling much, much better today, so I'm ready to tackle a couple of writing assignments.

MFP Weekly Goals: January 11-17

Diet Goals

* At/Under calorie limit 5/7 days - 1/7
    * No fast food 2/7 days - 1/7
    * Plan meal for Sissy Night with healthy options for me -

Excercise Goals

* Gym for at least 30 minutes of cardio at least 3/7 days - 1/7
    * Short yoga at home as part of Miracle Morning - 4/7

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 2/7
    * Refill pill box when empty - DONE

Personal Goals

* Follow Miracle Morning routine 7/7 days - 4/7
    * In bed, lights out by 10:30pm 5/7 days - x/7
    * Tweak night time routine -
    * Create concrete task(s) to accomplish after morning routine/before sitting

down to work -

Cleaning Goals

* Finish decluttering kitchen -

Work Goals

* Edit mag profile #1 and file -
    * Write mag profile #2 and send out for review -
    * Write mag profile #3 and send out for review -
    * Write mag feature and file -
    * Set up interviews for mag profile #4 -
    * Invoice magazines
    * Write newspaper weekend feature #1 - DONE
    * Write newspaper weekend feature #2 - DONE
    * Invoice newspaper for weekend coverage - DONE
    * Set up interview for newspaper profile
    * Write newspaper precede #1 -
    * Write newspaper precede #2 -
    * Invoice newspaper for work this week -
    * Figure out shopping cart issue for e-commerce site
    * Sub at high school on Thursday afternoon -
    * Send 5 pitches on behalf of PR client -
    * Follow up on pitches from last week -

January All-In Goals

* Login to MFP daily - 14/31
    * At/Under calorie limit 20/31 - 1/31
    * Workout (besides yoga) 12/31 - 6/31

2015 Mantra: Live Intentionally
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Robin~I’m sorry for the emotional turmoil you are experiencing right now. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you work through your pain and find your way back to being you. Sending you hugs and warm fuzzies. :heart:

@Holly~It’s really uncharacteristic for a prof to not give you a review for the first night or two if you are taking the second half of a course, strange, especially for introductory courses. I remember a prof I had for my 2nd calculus class, he was Russian, on the first day of class all he said was “you write what I write.” He talked fast and wrote even faster. His tests were fair though, he tested from everything he wrote on that board—as long as you studied that you were golden. They say that for every hour you’re in class, expect to spend 2 hours studying—I found that to be true for virtually every quantitative class I took (and as an accounting major, that was a LOT :wink:).

AFM~work is crazy but managed an hour of cardio both Sunday and Monday, along with a session with my trainer yesterday. Today is a scheduled rest day to catch up with housework (I hate spending the weekends cleaning), then trainer tomorrow and meeting a friend to walk after work on Friday (supposed to be sunny and in the 60s—yay! :smiley:)
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Wed Everyone-
    ...he has broken English and talks extremely fast which makes lecture very hard for me. He is the only night class teacher so I have to find a way to make it work but I can not meet his exception he gave us 10 minutes to do 6 problems I only got 3 done and 1 right.
    I am trying to stay positive though because that will help the situation plus there are like 10 people in the class that took him last semester so he must be good teacher.

When I had a teacher like what you describe yours being, I was very sweet and friendly in class and caught him before class when the room was not so full and talked to him about it. I pleaded needing some help in understanding the problems. Maybe he'll help you, maybe he'll suggest a tutor ... and I think they are available at a college, probably for free. Good luck.
  • RachelEB64
    RachelEB64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 94 lbs since last August. My success is pure determination to be thin again.
  • ypamela21
    Options
    Hi. Another newbie here. I'm 36 years old, weight 255 and need to be 150. Also my daughter is 10 years old and is overweight, but she lives with me just half of the week, and the other half she lives with her dad and grandma where she basically eats whatever she wants, and doesn't know how or wants to make the best choices.
    Last year I lost 30 pounds with MFP over 6 months, and gained back 18 of them over the second half of the year. I also am changing my cooking and eating habits (my husband it's not too thrilled about this part but he is overall supportive)
    So here I go again.
    My fitness goal:
    Zumba 3x week
    1/1
    My diet goal:
    Log my food intake everyday and not go over 2000 calories
    1/1
    I think a support group can make a big difference. Been doing the same thing for years so I need to do something new to expect a different result.
  • ypamela21
    Options
    ypamela21 wrote: »
    Hi. Another newbie here. I'm 36 years old, weight 255 and need to be 150. Also my daughter is 10 years old and is overweight, but she lives with me just half of the week, and the other half she lives with her dad and grandma where she basically eats whatever she wants, and doesn't know how or wants to make the best choices.
    Last year I lost 30 pounds with MFP over 6 months, and gained back 18 of them over the second half of the year. I also am changing my cooking and eating habits (my husband it's not too thrilled about this part but he is overall supportive)
    So here I go again.
    My fitness goal:
    Zumba 3x week
    1/1
    My diet goal:
    Log my food intake everyday and not go over 2000 calories
    1/1
    I think a support group can make a big difference. Been doing the same thing for years so I need to do something new to expect a different result.
    Also just lost one of my jobs, and while that is stressful I'll take the extra time to take better care of myself.
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bleh. Gained 2 pounds and am desperate to eat something even though, strictly speaking, I am not hungry. And stuck at a desk.