Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Niki Great loss. However you lost it, it still counts. I am just sorry you had to be sick to get it. I am glad you are feeling a bit better though. Just don't push too hard while you come back to full strength. Make some of that good soup I know you know how to make; that will nourish you body and spirit and not be too over the top in calories.
    Barb
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @niki--congrats on the loss!

@james--great job getting to the gym! I don't watch much college football, but I'm rooting for Oregon b/c they are the underdog (from what I've heard).

@tanya--that stinks that you are still in pain. I'm also still struggling with the shoulder injury from September--it's worked it's way back up into my neck. Fortunately, I have an appt with my doctor on Friday. Hopeful I can get some relief.

@holly--yes, I believe LG is about an hour from the Dells. Sorry there is so much work for your classes, but I know you will make it through.

@klp--I'm in Chicago--northern suburbs actually, hence the similar weather. Packers are my 2nd favorite team, so I always root for them if it won't impact my Bears. Of course, their season was over when it started this year. :(

@tracy--it's been awhile since I've been sore like that. That's another reason I can't wait for my shoulder to heal--I really want to get back to lifting.

@lois--welcome back! When I want protein without a lot of carbs, I go for cottage cheese, eggs, fish or chicken (though not a whole one :P ), or even cheese.

@crmillsap--yes, no point in worrying about what's done--we can't change it. Better to focus on what we can control which is our choices today. :smile:

So many newlings!! Welcome to all of you!!

Monday Check-in:
    Long, busy day and then had to stay after to meet with students. Also went and did some grading, so no gym today.

2015 mantra = "Just 15 minutes"

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 11/12 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week: week 1 = 2/2, week 2 = 1/2, week 3 = x/2, week 3 = x/2
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Grading Goals:
    1. 14/66 AP essays
    2. 26/30 Scarlet Letter essays
    3. 12/66 AP journals
    4. x/60 SL annotations
    5. Tone test corrections

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Struggled a bit today with staying on track and went over - but it isn't the end of the world because I tracked it all. I think it is a combo of PMS and just being fed up with being so itchy constantly, it's getting to me. I'm trying a few different natural remedies hoping something helps while we wait for me to get in with someone. This is when living in a really rural area stinks.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well I finally made it back to working out tonight. I went right back into kickboxing. It felt great! The people there are so nice and welcomed me back like I haven't even missed a year. Definitely out of shape and weak, but I made it through the work out!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @mountmary84 ~ The ice rink is at Tri County Ice Arena in Neenah.

Tried bean soup in the slow cooker today. Yum....too bad my entire family has voted 'meh' to it. Looks like I will be eating bean soup for lunch for the rest of the week. Oh, well. Their loss!

January All-in: 6/12
    Mantra: You Know Better!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just a quick skim tonight since it is getting late for me. I will pass along your messages to Nettie.

Welcome to the new people.

If you could pray for my Aunt who is 96 years old. She had a stroke a couple of days ago. Tomorrow they are doing surgery to insert a feeding tube into her stomach. She does recognize people but can't speak with clarity and is having trouble swallowing. We hope she comes through surgery and will regain some of her lost ability.

I am adjusting my exercise goals for this week. I need to take a few days off for the bruises on my knees to heal. To much rock climbing right now and it is impacting my knees and how it feels to run or do squats.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @ereilly311‌ - Wow, kickboxing? Way to jump right in!

Yes, I do have a lot of work goals this week. I'm starting out this year with a very healthy workload, thank God. Now I just have to do it!

Had a bit of a weird day. It started out well enough - did the Miracle Morning routine, then went right into cleaning which was good. Talked to my BFF for a bit, which was nice but it ate into my work time. Then a phone meeting I was supposed to have was canceled at the last minute, so I decided to go to IHOP with some research and have a working lunch. Turns out, an old friend is now waitressing there and wanted to catch up (this was after the lunch rush). I was able to get some work done, but not as much as I'd planned. I also ate too many pancakes. Oy. Did some more work when I got home, went to the gym for some cardio, then BigBro called to see if he could come over and get my help with some writing for work that he needs to do, and that took up the bulk of my evening. So...a sort of productive and social day, just not what I planned. And I went over on calories, even with going to the gym (it was the pancakes).

Tomorrow is another day!

MFP Weekly Goals: January 11-17

Diet Goals

* At/Under calorie limit 5/7 days - x/7
    * No fast food 2/7 days - 0/7
    * Plan meal for Sissy Night with healthy options for me -

Excercise Goals

* Gym for at least 30 minutes of cardio at least 3/7 days - 1/7
    * Short yoga at home as part of Miracle Morning - 1/7

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 1/7
    * Refill pill box when empty

Personal Goals

* Follow Miracle Morning routine 7/7 days - 1/7
    * In bed, lights out by 10:30pm 5/7 days - x/7
    * Tweak night time routine -
    * Create concrete task(s) to accomplish after morning routine/before sitting

down to work -

Cleaning Goals

* Finish decluttering kitchen -

Work Goals

* Edit mag profile #1 and file -
    * Write mag profile #2 and send out for review -
    * Write mag profile #3 and send out for review -
    * Write mag feature and file -
    * Set up interviews for mag profile #4 -
    * Invoice magazines
    * Write newspaper weekend feature #1 - DONE
    * Write newspaper weekend feature #2 - DONE
    * Invoice newspaper for weekend coverage - DONE
    * Set up interview for newspaper profile
    * Write newspaper precede #1 -
    * Write newspaper precede #2 -
    * Invoice newspaper for work this week -
    * Figure out shopping cart issue for e-commerce site
    * Sub at high school on Thursday afternoon -
    * Send 5 pitches on behalf of PR client -
    * Follow up on pitches from last week -

January All-In Goals

* Login to MFP daily - 12/31
    * At/Under calorie limit 20/31 - 2/31
    * Workout (besides yoga) 12/31 - 6/31

2015 Mantra: Live Intentionally
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @MKknits‌ --great job tracking everything. You'll be happy with your honesty down the road when you want to look at your reports or need to adjust calories. Having an accurate record of your intake will really help you.

@erin--I took a kickboxing class years ago and loved it, then the instructor left my gym and they didn't offer it anymore. I was really bummed b/c it was one of the few classes I really liked. Normally, I prefer to work out solo.

@hansea--your post made me hungry for bean soup. Last winter I made a really yummy one with white beans and chicken. I'm going to have to make some in the next week or so.

@laurie--so sorry to hear about your aunt--sending good thoughts your way. Also, hope your knees heal quickly. Your stories of your injuries make me realize it's probably good I don't rock climb--I bruise like a summer peach!

@melifornia‌ --I also struggled to make any progress on my list today. Got a bit done here and there, but my AP students are all coming in for their end of semester conferences, so that takes up a lot of my prep and lunch periods throughout the day. It sounds like you still had a great day even if it wasn't what you thought it would be. :)

AFM--As I mentioned to mel, I'm so busy throughout the school day this week with journal conferences. In addition, finals are next week so I'm busy getting those ready as well. The light at the end of the tunnel is a 3-day weekend for MLK day Monday. Looking forward to that.
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oye I'm paying for eating so much sugar yesterday - my stomach is NOT happy with me. I think sugar is one of the big triggers for my stomach issues. I need to remember this lesson and that while triple chocolate cake is delicious it isn't worth the stomach issues the next day. I was up itching half the night too even with 2 benedryl on board, I'm calling the doctor again today to see if they have made any progress on finding a dermatologist who has an opening in the near future.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All-
    @maram29- So true about healthy decisions
    @MKknits- Hope you get to see the doctor soon.
    @Lauriek- will pray for your aunt
    @melifornia- maybe that was a much needed kind of day. I love pancakes never been to IHOP though that I can remember anyways.

AFM- Algebra tonight trying to be excited but not working, sorry peeps just not a math person but will stay positive. The goal is to maintain a B this semester in math. Had to have some hard conversations with my 18yr. old last night and all he kept reminding me is he is an adult. At 18 I lived on my own, so my parents and I never had these conversations which led to many mistakes along with lessons learned. I am just trying to help him see what the outcomes could be and guide him correctly not lecture or preach to him.
    Goals:
    10/31 under calories
    7/31 walking at lunch every work day
    13/31 telling myself every night that I am lovable, kind, and worth to be loved properly(part of loving myself goal for 2015)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Public Radio Day! What better way to commemorate this day than a little history? Keep reading to learn a little bit more about this popular public service.

What Is Public Radio?
    When you hear the term 'public radio', you might think about your local public radio station. Or you might think about the state-run radio stations that are the norm in many nations around the world. Though television and the Internet are ever more popular, many people still rely on the radio as a source of news and entertainment.
    In the U.S., public radio refers to noncommercial broadcasts that are funded through a combination of listener and government support. Though public radio is funded in part through grants from federal and local governments, public radio stations and content producers in the U.S. function independently from government influence.
    In the Beginning
    Like many technological advances, including the Internet, radio technology was mostly used for government, military and academic purposes before it became widely available to the public. Radio as we know it started its evolution in the early 1900s, and the first regular, non-commercial, non-governmental radio broadcasting was done by a station at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. This station, 9XM (now known as WHA), started broadcasting in 1916. These broadcasts were not what we hear today; instead, they were mostly Morse code signals.
    In 1917, non-governmental radio broadcasts of all kinds were halted in the face of World War I. After the war ended, radio technology had grown and changed enough to transmit voices and music. The 1920s saw radio stations born out of colleges and universities, mostly. In the 1940s, the lower range of numbers in the FM band were set aside for educational and non-commercial purposes, arguably kicking off the designation that was to set public radio apart from other types of radio.
    In 1967, President Johnson signed the Public Broadcasting Act, which catalyzed the formation of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). The CPB is a non-profit organization funded by the federal government, and its activities cover both radio and television public broadcasting. The formation of the CPB helped to formalize the association between public radio stations, and this association eventually led to the founding of National Public Radio (NPR). NPR has evolved since its founding in 1970 into a major media organization that produces and syndicates informational and educational content across the nation.

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: To keep at this even though I still haven’t seen any movement on the scale. I have been very honest on my logs even when I go over. That’s better than I have been in the past. My water intake is better for the most part, but not always consistent. I’d like to consistently get to 64 oz every day. I’m also weaning myself off soda. I’ve gone two days so far which is really good for someone who LOVES her pop.

@Holly…when I was in high school, I was actually a Niner fan and was lucky enough to see them in Candlestick Park. My Mom and Dad were Vikings fans and living in ND, that was the only team we consistently saw on TV. Somehow, it just kind of happened. Now I’m a pretty devout follower of the team. And if you can say nothing else nice about the Vikings, you can say their fans are true fans and not just band wagoners. Hee Hee.
    @Tanya…good job on the control. I’m not sure I would have done as well given the situation. Dang that whiplash is hanging on!
    @Niki…sleep problems are terrible. I find that I’m not tired until 1-2 am each night. Last night, I actually forced myself to lie in bed and was asleep before midnight. But then my husband was tossing and turning (trying to move from night shift to day shift). We are gonna have to have a talk tonight as I understand why he’s having trouble sleeping, but he needs to be a bit quieter when he gets up at 4am…I’m still sleeping!!!
    @Ereilly…good job on the kickboxing. Hope you aren’t too sore after a year off. Ha!
    @Laurie…prayers for your Aunt. Everything is a bit scary when it’s happening to a 96 year old. Hope things go well.
    @melifornia…IHOP would be a dangerous place for me to try to sit down and work. Too tempting!
    @Tom…Public Radio makes me think of my dad. When we were growing up we had a radio in the cab tractor (loved the cab tractor…it even had a bit of heat during the winter). You always knew who had driven it last. If my brother was there, it was tuned to some rock radio station. Me – pop radio. Our hired man – Public Radio. Off – My dad! That man could spend hours in the field without any type of distraction other than his own thoughts and the job ahead of him.

AFM…still sore, but able to do steps without going down sideways.  I did skip the gym last night as I have to go to the basement of my gym to get to the weights/cardio areas. Just couldn’t fathom that as it was difficult just to walk on a level surface to get my daughter to basketball practice. Glad the worst is over and it shouldn’t be this intense again if I keep up with it. I made a double batch of Hamburger soup over the weekend. It’s a nice low calorie soup that keeps getting better as leftovers. My only downfall with that is I only eat soup with crackers but still healthier for me than a lot of other things.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Tom I LOVE public radio; indeed I listen every day. Thanks for posting that.
  • jessicahyde
    jessicahyde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, I made it to my 7th day streak!!!!! In the past when I have used MFP I would give up hope after the 3rd day thinking there is no way I could do it. But now I have relized I need to make a change because my parents are having helth problems and I dont want to be in thier shoes when I am older. This time on MFP I have just been taking one step at a time and not overwhelm myself. Now to make it to a 2 week streak!!!!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.

I am completely snowed under at work—auditors are here the next two weeks for our annual financial statement audit, so I’m being pulled in a thousand different directions right now.

Congrats to Nettie on baby Isabella~such a cutie pie!

Hope to catch up with the thread and other personals soon. :heart:
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    The sniffles have stopped at last and I have a day off - so all good!! I actually got 20 minutes done on the exercise bike (and that is a lot for me) so feeling positive. I have been ebay shopping and have bought some dresses in a UK18 which is fantastic as I started off in a UK28.... They might just fit now but will certainly fit in a week or two. It is so rewarding to be looking at clothes from 'normal' shops and I have had some very positive comments from colleagues. If I can do this, then anyone can. I take great inspiration from some MFP friends who told me that if I want anything to change then I have to do something different. No good bemoaning the fact that I weighed 320 and then eating the same stuff! I have 40lbs still to go to my target and feel confidant I will get there - thanks to MFP and friends.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Just stopping by for a quick hello. I am sick yet again. I did learn an interesting fact though. It seem that the flu shot given this year isnt really working. Probably one of the reasons we are seeing so many sick people. I didnt get one so I guess I cant complain but boy would I be peeved if I did like my husband. Well I am going to go stick my head over a vaporizer. Have a great day everyone.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @melifornia‌ yeah I definitely just jumped right back in! I needed the challenge, but sucked because I was pretty weak in some of the exercises. I just need to stick with it now.

@tlh0407‌ I am a bit sore today from the kickboxing. My right shoulder was a little bit sore yesterday throughout the day, so the boxing and push ups didn't really help. As long as it doesn't last a while I will be fine! Surprisingly though otherwise I'm not too sore.

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ I'm more of a solo workout person also. I come from a very athletic background so I tend to get too competitive which can be bad at times lol. I love this kickboxing place though, it's a little pricey and 20 minutes away, but it's worth it. The people there treat you like family.

AFM - Tuesday is off to a so/so start. I overslept this morning so it through everything off. I was still on time for work but didn't have time to make lunch. I ended up going to subway on my lunch break, not horrible but still not so good. It's starting to get into my very busy season right now so I need to focus on managing my time more efficiently. I am still coaching basketball til the first week of February, but also starting to really get into pre-season work outs for softball. So I have double duty usually tues-thurs and need to find myself time to get to the gym or kickboxing too.
  • mcdodgen
    Options
    Hey yall! I'm Meagan from South Carolina. My goal is to lose 80 pounds and be at 210. I'm tall (6'0) and have always been big, so if I'm much smaller than 210, I look sickly or like a drug addict(been there and been accused). Logging my meals and eating right isnt hard for me when im into it, but i have no motivation to get my big butt on my elliptical or stationary bike. Any way, my reason for losing weight (this time) is so that I'll be healthier when I'm ready to get pregnant. I got married in July and my husband and I want to start but I know obesity can cause many complications during pregnancy. So add me and let's give each other support and motivation!
  • klp555
    klp555 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeansbound - That explains that. :) But what is really rare a Bears fan that also likes the Packers?! Love it!