Replies

• RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    for makin babies
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have big hips too. My waist measurements would put me at a size 8, but my hips may always put me at a size 10. It sucks, but it's how my body is built.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    So do you mean that your body is shaped that way, or that you have fat there that is the last to go?

Well currently, yes I do have some extra fat there, right now am a size 13 juniors, but when I was 125 I was still a size 11 and that doesn't make sense to me being that my sister is the same exact height at 125 is a size 5.

you can't spot reduce but if you don't already you could do exercise based on the hips and try to build some muscle there in the hopes of replacing some of the fat..
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with having hips. I don't understand why people think that having no figure is more attractive these days. Complaining about being a size 8-10? Really? I just came from a size 20 and I'm in a 10-12 now and I love that I still have some shape. Cheer up - you actually have the body of a woman and not a twig!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Trying to find jeans and pants to fit is a pain. Got to go up a size because of the hips to tight, but the waist is so big that you can store stuff in your pants.

Keep up to loss! It will be slow, but you'll get better! :flowerforyou: Hips are always the last to loose fat. I now wear a size 6-8 but some of my 8's look weird because of the waist band gaps so badly. I want "Mom jeans" to come back in style. What is wrong with the fashion industry????
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the song "The Curse of Curves" by cute is what we aim for haha!

I have always had a 10 inch difference between my waist and hips but I've always been slightly overweight. I can't see there being any difference when I get to goal weight.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    After reading these posts.........I think we need to cause an up roar with the fashion industry. Make small waist and curvy hips go back in style. I hate shopping because of lack of availability of some REAL WOMAN clothes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I am so annoyed. I feel like I have ginormous hips. Even when I weighed 125 pounds I still wore a size 11 pants b/c my hips were so flipping big....

Okay so here I am now, I am 155 pounds, 5'2, and my hips are 42".. I have lost 34 pounds, but still have big hips, I plan on losing more weight and getting back to 125 but I am confused b/c my older sister is my same exact height and weighs 125, yet is a size 5 juniors and when I weighed 125 I was 11 juniors. WTF????

Can I fix my big hips?

You can only do what you can do. You can't change that you have big hips, but you can do what you are working on now--getting to your ideal weight and staying healthy.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Good for breeding!

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with hips, though I get that everyone has something they don't like about themselves. AS your body matures your hips do get wider, especially if you have kids. Your hips soften and even separate a little during the end of a pregnancy to prepare for birth. No idea if you have kids or not, but if you do, you can't expect them to go back to normal. If you don't have kids, your hips still widen a bit because of genetics. Start shopping in the grown women's section. You may be surprised at how the pants make your hips look amazing!
  • catita1025
    catita1025 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have two sisters. I had to learn not to compare myself to them! We all place enough pressure on ourselves to become lose weight, become more fit etc. to have the extra pressure of measuring up to someone else's shape and size. ...and speaking of size...you are not a junior! Get out there and go try on various cuts/styles of pants! Buy yourself something new in a size and cut that works for you. If the size isn't exactly right, then go to a tailor. You may be surprised at what a difference that will make!
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I am 5'3 and when I was 125 I wore a size 12 jeans a small shirt and a size 7/8 dress if it was an a line for room in the hips . all my jeans are too big in the waist but perfect in the hip thighs and butt. I hate it and I was hoping that if I lost weight and toned and started lifting weights I could take care of that problem. This I can thank my mom for even my poor brothers have wide hips and big butts! sucks wish I knew what to do
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Poor choice of parents...not much to be done about it.
  • Minks_esposa
    Options
    Juniors aren't meant for people who have hips, they're mostly made for teenage girls whose hips haven't spread yet. I've always had wide hips/child bearing hips. I've grown to love my curves since that's what makes me a woman. You will always have wide hips no matter how much weight you lose. I have large breast and wide hips and it doesn't matter how much weight I lose my hips and boobs will always be like that.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Curvy hips <<<<<<<<<
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Girl EMBRACE THAT!!! You are little in the middle but you got much back.
    That is hands down one of the sexiest shapes ever!!!
    I have a 28" waist and 38" hips and I have ALWAYS had a 10-12" difference between my waist and hips throughout every pound of weight loss. I LOVE IT.

Yes, my waist I could fit into a size 6, but I have to buy size 8 or 10 pants to fit my hips. I'm ok with that. I'm fit and fabulous and the men LOVE the hips, trust me.

And STOP SHOPPING IN THE JUNIORS SECTION. Unless you are under age 21, you don't belong there anyway ;)
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    With all of these "junior's section" comments, I just imagine an older guy looking for his girlfriend at the store.
    "excuse me, have you seen a short blonde girl running around? She was in the 8-12 area."
    "ah, kid get away from you again?"
    "I don't have kids. I'm just looking for my Mrs. Right"
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with big hips?
  • madaleingericke
    madaleingericke Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So many answers say: "embrace your hips."
    Is that a yoga pose?
    Is it at all possible..?
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with hips. Makes for good things in the bedroom. Skinny is not the answer.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The original poster deactivated a long time ago. Hopefully she learned to accept her body type and make the most of it.

To others that have the same issue- There is a lot of good advice in this thread.

Accept your genetics of your basic body type.
    Get your BF% to a healthy level. Your problem area will be the last place you lose, so keep at it.
    Learn to dress to compliment your particular body-type.

This will apply to women of all body types.

BTW, My hips are 39", but my abdomen is still around 43". I would LOVE to have a tiny waist one day, but it will never happen. I am just not built that way. But I can get my overall BF down, and get my waist size into a healthy range again.

My daughter is built the opposite of me. She lost so much weight, but was still unhappy with her hips. The last 10lbs she lost came ALL from her hips and thighs, because she had already lost all the fat from everywhere else. There was nowhere else to lose it from except her hips.
    Had she given up before her last 10 lbs, she would never have seen that she could get her hips into proportion.
    And she looks fantastic!