No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Claiming the day early today... not feeling well today- don't know if I accidentally ate some gluten or what, but feeling really lousy :sick: :embarassed: :ohwell:

I'm losing count, but I believe it's:

Kelynn 9
    Sweets 6
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    day 14 for me and it states

Samantha 14
    Sweets 0000000000000000000
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Since dinner has been eaten I am claiming victory today.

Chocolickkyss: 6
    Sweets: 0
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Jason 13

Sweets 0
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    "Candy Cane" Oreo type cookies from Aldis--

another day bites the dust-- had two cookies, within calories-- still-- I fagged out and had sweets again.

:grumble:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

another day bites the dust-- had two cookies, within calories-- still-- I fagged out and had sweets again.

Just doing as you would do...
    snapoutofit.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Day 15 in the bag...passed up birthday cake.

The margarita and beer, not so much...but then, this is not the no booze challenge. :laugh:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I went to Ryan's Steakhouse tonight. I've never went there without piggin out on their amazing dessert buffet, but tonight I did much better. I still ate a small piece of cheesecake and a little of some pudding stuff. BUT, it was just a little tiny bit. I wanted more but didn't get it (didn't even finish what I put on my plate! - HUGE step for me! lol). So even though I gave in and ate sweets, I still feel victorious because the amount was so small and just enough to satisfy. (That's what this challenge is all about teaching us anyway, right?:wink:) So...

Lisa - 9
    Sweets - 2
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I went to Ryan's Steakhouse tonight. I've never went there without piggin out on their amazing dessert buffet, but tonight I did much better. I still ate a small piece of cheesecake and a little of some pudding stuff. BUT, it was just a little tiny bit. I wanted more but didn't get it (didn't even finish what I put on my plate! - HUGE step for me! lol). So even though I gave in and ate sweets, I still feel victorious because the amount was so small and just enough to satisfy. (That's what this challenge is all about teaching us anyway, right?:wink:) So...

Lisa - 9
    Sweets - 2

Way to go! Awareness is definitely what it's about. Life, including dessert, is going to happen...we just have to be able to control ourselves around it.

Good job!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I obviously need to quit baking! :grumble:

Amanda - 10

Sweets - 4
  • Marla64
    Options

Just doing as you would do...
    snapoutofit.gif

Thanks, Lori-- too late for tonight-- dammit-- baked cookies for the kids while they put the tree up. They're dancin' fools right now, and I had another flippin' cookie.

Snapping out of it now, sir!
  • 72lori
    Options

Lisa - 9
    Sweets - 2

Good job! We go to Ryan's sometimes. I always used to chow on the desserts. I've gotta admit that they LOOK so much better than they actually TASTE, at least for me.

I had a good day.

Lori 15
    Sweets 0
  • Marla64
    Options
    well, if there is a positive to be gleaned-- without this challenge, I would have gobbled up 1/2 dozen cookies tonight after I baked them. I only had one, which for me is miraculous-- home baked Oatmeal Scotchies-- haven't had 'em since I was a kid. My grandma used to bake 'em.

I decided spontaneously to bake cookies while the kids put the tree up with hubs. The decorating part comes tomorrow, and more baking. I think Lori's snapoutofit.gif may actually help keep it together tomorrow.

So, I'll take from it the positive-- I started this flippin' challenge and I've now had to give 3 points to the enemy-- but, I still have kept it together 11 out of the 14 days-- so we take the good, learn from the bad and press on.

Have a great weekend, my peppers--
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Claiming the day early today... not feeling well today- don't know if I accidentally ate some gluten or what, but feeling really lousy :sick: :embarassed: :ohwell:

I'm losing count, but I believe it's:

Kelynn 9
    Sweets 6

Alright so I caved in and had a gluten-free chocolate fudge cake. Still only went over my calories by 100. I've actually been under by at least 100 all week, so I'm not stressed about it.

So,
    Kelynn 8
    Sweets 7

I may not be doing as well as most of you, but I am certainly becoming more aware of eating sweets and how to avoid it, and I've certainly cut way back. Some people are able to quit completely, and some aren't. I'm learning about myself that maybe I'm more successful when I don't have "none" of something, but have things in moderation when my calorie count allows. I may not be kicking Sweet's *kitten*, but I feel wonderful that I've learned something more about myself and my MFP journey... I am MUCH more in control of my sweets consumption now than ever before and that for me is a victory! :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    It is so cold and I really want some coffee but I'll pass.

Ivy 8
    Sweets 3
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Dew: 10
    Sweets: 3

Wow, I've been for almost 2 weeks in this challenge. Let's see now how this weekend goes. :smile:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Marla- the positive is that you didn't gobble up 1/2 dozen cookies. One cookie really isn't the end of the world. For me it's hard to stop at 1, that's why I try not to go there.

Before Thanksgiving I went 28 days sweets free (yes, I remember the number!), then when I left them back in it was U-G-L-Y. I ate every sweet thing in sight, whether I wanted it or not, whether it tasted good or not, bad, bad, bad! On Thanksgiving I ate my second meal of nothing but sweet crap- candied sweet potatoes, pie and then another piece of pie. I felt so gross.

I want to learn how to do this in moderation, when I first started this new lifestyle I could, but now I'm like a maniac when I start. I think it has to do with being close to goal weight, being at the same freaking weight forever and feeling like 'why not, it won't really matter anyway'.

When I was losing weight quickly and the scale was kind week after week, I stayed away from the sweets because they didn't really fit into my calories and I was loving seeing the numbers drop fast. Now I've gotten more lax with counting calories, because I don't see a huge difference in the scale whether I count religiously or not, with that came eating more crap.

Anyway, what I was getting at is I love this challenge, it makes us THINK about what we are doing. I've said it before and I mean it, the numbers are not important. It's just a game we play with ourselves. Nobody should beat themselves up or feel bad for the numbers they are reporting on here. It's not a competition between each other. It's a personal competition with yourself and sugar.

My stance with sugar right now: 5.gif
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Today went in the dumpster pretty early.

Brenda- 9
    Sweets- 6

Eek.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    Accountability for friday.
    Sherry 7
    Sweets 0

I have my food logged for today so I know what I will eat. I 0keep telling myself to stay focused... I WILL NOT have any today... Its not worth it.

Sunday goal no sweets
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I just came from the grocery store and am very proud of myself b/c they were offering "tastings" on EVERYTHING and I polited said "no thank you" and kept it moving. Now that I've made it to the safety of my home I believe today will be another victory. I don't keep sweets in my house unless it's the weight watchers brownies or 100 calories chocolate covered pretzels. While I do have them in the home for some reason I've not been craving them so I don't forsee it being a problem but once again I wont claim it until the end of the day.