Great job one and all--

I'm good for the day--

Marla 14
    Sweets 3

have a great day tomorrow, peeps.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    Supermom: Hang in there, it gets easier the more we try.

Yesterday Accountability:
    Sherry 8
    Sweets 0

I found some Organic Pumpkin Yogurt and mixed it with cottage chesse and cinnamon...was delish, clean and full of protein. YUMMO. NO HFCS for me today!
    -Sherry

Today: Planning on No Sweets.....but those chocolate coco puffs my daughter ate for breakfast sure looked better than that egg I made....that kind of cereal doesn't feed our bodies though.

Here's some words of wisdom from Tony Horton(P90x creator):
    Change is hard. It requires letting go of the past and of the habits you've grown accustomed to over the years. Staying in a rut is easy. Getting out of one requires work. Life is hard enough for most folks and adding food discipline and 6 days a week of hard core exercise is a massive commitment. It's hard for me and I do it for a living. Some are getting up before the crack of dawn to do Plyometrics, followed by feeding a family then heading to work. This is incredible to me. It goes to show you that the feeling you get from doing the right thing is worth the effort

Have a great day.
    -Sherry
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sherry-- love the Tony quote-- change is hard. But it is so empowering when you see that you ARE changing and knowing that you're taking back control.

And I'm with you on the HCFS-- what a killer. It's in freaking everything-- even "healthy" cereals are loaded with this kinda crap. What's a body to eat these days?

Personally, I'm going back to my rice cakes, natural peanut butter and plain yogurt-- I was on a kick over the summer with it, and got out of it for a while because hubs wanted me to do an experiment to see if I had peanut allergies-- (trying to prove an arthritis connection-- which failed, but I got out of the peanut butter groove)

I lost more around my midsection this summer than ever before cutting out breads, pastas, all that white crap. On a budget, it gets old eating rice cakes and yogurt around the clock-- but, I felt much better and lost more during it.

Have a sweets-free day today, my peeps--
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    For yesterday:

Brenda- 11
    Sweets- 6

:)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Dinner has been eaten, clothes and lunch are set for work, I'm calling it another victorious night.

Chocolickkyss: 10
    Sweets: 0000000000000

I can't believe Christmas is next week.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Hanging strong, did think about it today, not an overwhelming urge, but thought about it more than once. In an 'uh' mood, guess I was looking for a pick me up even though I know it's not one.

Made the fam brownies. They are eating them and ice cream now. I am ignoring them.

Lori 19
    Sweets 0
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Amanda - 12

Sweets - 6

While the numbers are not impressive I am happy. I used to crave sugar from the moment I got out of bed to the minute I got in bed at night. My breakfast would be a Coke, my lunch a Coke and three others thrown in through-out the day. Today I don't need sugar. I had three cookies tonight in front of Christmas tree with dd. I ate them slowly, chewed them throughly and savor the taste. Then I was done, not sneaking 10 more. I feel strong, I had the calories left for them and they taste good, but I don't want or have to have more.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hanging strong, did think about it today, not an overwhelming urge, but thought about it more than once. In an 'uh' mood, guess I was looking for a pick me up even though I know it's not one.

Made the fam brownies. They are eating them and ice cream now. I am ignoring them.

Lori 19
    Sweets 0

Alright, now I know you're cheating. You posted yesterday 17-0...and now it's 19? Hmmmm.....me smells a rat. :wink:

Well, I do suppose technically i failed the challenge today. I had a piece of a salty peanut roll that had nougat in the center. We were Christmas shopping and Rebekah's sugar was low (she's a diabetic on an insulin pump) so I opened the nearest thing to bring her sugar up, and had a bite or two.

I've already received my punishment, because a tooth that had previously partially broke, broke some more. Lovely thing when you have no dental care. Thankfully, it's a molar and there is no pain right now.

Still, I guess I have to chalk another one up to the sweets.

I'm making a gingerbread house right now w/the kids. Too funnnn....and I'm not eating any of the goodies. A major victory.

have a great night.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Lisa - 10
    Sweets - 5

Amanda, I know exactly what you mean. I wanted something sweet tonight, and I had a bite. Just to make me happy, and stayed away after that. In times past I would eat half the package of junk and then finished it off because I'd already ate half of it. Gosh what a terrible mentality I used to have!! No wonder I had gained over 50 pounds....:indifferent:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Lisa - 10
    Sweets - 5

Amanda, I know exactly what you mean. I wanted something sweet tonight, and I had a bite. Just to make me happy, and stayed away after that. In times past I would eat half the package of junk and then finished it off because I'd already ate half of it. Gosh what a terrible mentality I used to have!! No wonder I had gained over 50 pounds....:indifferent:

Me too or I would think I am already fat so why not, who cares. I must have needed to have my head examined.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 11
    Sweets- 7

:ohwell:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Baked some of the chocolate chip (more like marble, thanks to melted chips and too-thawed dough) cookies, which are my FAVORITE EVER...and taste tested a teeny, teeny broken piece of one just to make sure they taste good enough to send out. Not counting this toward sweets. What a victory.

Shuntae 18
    Sweets 1
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    clocking in for today!

Samantha 18
    Sweets still 000000000000
  • 72lori
    Options

Lori 19
    Sweets 0

Alright, now I know you're cheating. You posted yesterday 17-0...and now it's 19? Hmmmm.....me smells a rat. :wink:

Well, I do suppose technically i failed the challenge today. I had a piece of a salty peanut roll that had nougat in the center. We were Christmas shopping and Rebekah's sugar was low (she's a diabetic on an insulin pump) so I opened the nearest thing to bring her sugar up, and had a bite or two.

I've already received my punishment, because a tooth that had previously partially broke, broke some more. Lovely thing when you have no dental care. Thankfully, it's a molar and there is no pain right now.

Still, I guess I have to chalk another one up to the sweets.

I'm making a gingerbread house right now w/the kids. Too funnnn....and I'm not eating any of the goodies. A major victory.

have a great night.

I actually counted tonight. 19. 4 days in November, 27th, 28th, 29th 30th plus whatever the date is today 4+15=19 :laugh: Glad it took me 19 days into this challenge to figure it's that easy to figure it out. 4 plus the date. duh! *smacks forehead* I've been going into my stinking outlook calendar and actually counting the days. I catch on quick, can't get anything by this one.

Edit: Went back and looked, counted 16 twice.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Ivy 12
    Sweets 3

9 more days til Christmas.... Why haven't I gone shopping yet
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Cheryl - 11
    Sweets - 7 (dang that vacation Key lime Pie)

Ivy - let's shop together. I haven't been yet either.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    esterday Accountability:
    Sherry 8
    Sweets 1

I took just one bite, 1/2 of a hershey square. But I guess it still counts. then I went to bed. I had wanted some chocolate yesterday as my morning post hints at some coco puffs.

I did eat clean yesterday, as I have been doing for almost 2 weeks now. I have 'really' been watching to make sure I don't have any HFCS, CS, Sugar. It's not that easy but, the results are worth it. I don't have a strong craving for sugar, I am mentally adjusting to eating whole foods and foods that aren't preserved. Doing the right things has been worth the effort.

Tonight I have a Church supper, they are suppose to have a Turkey meal...I think I'll bring my own Fruit so I can have Turkey and Fruit for supper. I doubt that the rest of what they offer will be healthy enough for me to eat. Planning on NO, absolutely NO pie or dessert there. NO PIE....back away from the table and brush your teeth.....NO PIE (keep repeating until the urge passes).

-Sherry
  • Marla64
    Options
    esterday Accountability:
    Sherry 8
    Sweets 1

I took just one bite, 1/2 of a hershey square. But I guess it still counts. then I went to bed. I had wanted some chocolate yesterday as my morning post hints at some coco puffs.

I did eat clean yesterday, as I have been doing for almost 2 weeks now. I have 'really' been watching to make sure I don't have any HFCS, CS, Sugar. It's not that easy but, the results are worth it. I don't have a strong craving for sugar, I am mentally adjusting to eating whole foods and foods that aren't preserved. Doing the right things has been worth the effort.

Tonight I have a Church supper, they are suppose to have a Turkey meal...I think I'll bring my own Fruit so I can have Turkey and Fruit for supper. I doubt that the rest of what they offer will be healthy enough for me to eat. Planning on NO, absolutely NO pie or dessert there. NO PIE....back away from the table and brush your teeth.....NO PIE (keep repeating until the urge passes).

-Sherry

LOL-- you can do it, Sherry-- have a good time!
  • 72lori
    Options
    4 + 16 = 20 :tongue:

Lori 20
    Sweets 0

:laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Another victorious day.

Chocolickkyss: 11 (I think)