Women - Farting, Pooping, and more in front of men...

Options

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My inner feminist is bristling at this whole "ladylike" bullsh!t. You know what makes me a lady? The tw@t between my legs. The fact that I am smart, strong and driven. The fact that I have the ability to give life with my body. That I can bring a man to his knees at the bat of an eyelash, proudly call myself a doctor (PhD in engineering) and a belly dancer, and plan to take over the godd@mned world all at the same time. THAT makes me a lady.

It's got nothing to do with whether I emit gas from my body or not. But have fun buying into all that patriarchal nonsense if it makes you happy.

Hear, hear!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you can't do these things in front of a man I really wonder how fun and exciting your sex life could be =(
    I must be a pretty nasty lady if you consider taking a *kitten* taboo! DAmn

Um...what? What does sex have to do with *kitten*? O_O

Probably nothing we want to know!
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Being a "lady" really is the opposite of what I want to be in life. I don't want to spend my life standing still and being pretty.
    I want my man to love me with all my flaws, with all the little disgusting things that I do, to still hug and kiss me after my sweaty workout. For me, this is an honest relationship. This is how it works.

I'm not saying that I ask him to come and see my poop after I dropped a log, to smell the exquisite aroma of my farts or to take a look at the impressive amount of green mucus I just expelled from my nose. I am saying that I will not stop myself from being human or looking like one because that is not ladylike.

"Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." ~Nora Ephron
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I agree with OP. I've been with my husband almost seven years and some things a woman should just keep private.
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wtf? Us women don't fart or poop.

STOP SPREADING THESE LIES!

:wink:

exactly!

however, if we did, i would imagine it would look like this:

F5K3PETGX6OVUDO.LARGE.jpg

too much?

^LMFAO!! :drinker:
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I hate it when men burp at the table. My father did this constantly when I was little and I loathed it. I can't expect him to not belch at the table (which he used to do) and go around farting, when I know he doesn't like it. At first he expected me not to burp and he could-- it comes from his culture. I quickly fixed that. I just find it repulsive and embarrassing!

I also do not fart in front of him. Neither does he.

Oddly enough, we are both comfortable with talking about poop.

I only fart and burp in front of my mom, and even then not so much. I don't think it's cute.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    I've been with the same wonderful man for about 4 years now, about three years ago I had excused myself to go to the bathroom, after about 30 seconds my man barged in proclaiming loudly, "Really!? We haven't gotten to the pooping with the door open stage yet?!" and stood their and watched the remained of the process. Since then we've also reached the borrowing eachother tooth brush, and the oh so charming, popping each others back pimples stage. He's my best friend first, lover second, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We have a wonderful, realistic romance.

Ummm. No. Lol... I love that you shared this... but no way in hell I'm popping pimples or sharing toothbrushes ... Thats just gross... bring on an *kitten* goblin ANY day.. over that stuff. LOL... But, I love your honesty :)

Hey, if you need a tooth brush you need a tooth brush - and really if you spend four years kissing I'm sure the mouths have been together enough that it makes no difference. Spit swapping isn't anything new right?
    And really, if you can't ask your life partner to pop your pimples who can you ask?

In my opinion you ask NO ONE to pop your pimples. :ohwell: I guess that is just me! Yes we swap spit, tongues, and various other bodily fluids :blushing: ... but never tarter build up or morning breath! lol We did share a toothbrush once.... we just moved, and could only find ONE... But its not something I would like to repeat. I'd rather fart once or twice, giggle and call it a day. LOL

well if he can't reach into arbitrary places on his back, and he asks, I'm happy to oblige

We only ever have one toothbrush out at a time. And seriously, what good is a spouse that can't get those painful, hard to reach pimples?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    For the ladies who swear to never fart or poop in front of their partners, what happens when you get sick and have explosive diarrhea all over the place? Someone is gonna have to take care of you and they're probably not going to like what they see and smell.

Especially if it's coming out of both ends! Come on, we've all had those 24-48 hour viruses before.

Huh? I've been with my husband since 1996 and I've never had explosive diarrhea! LOL and neither has he. We have both had the flu before and vomited in front of each other before...sickness can't be helped. If for some reason I did have explosive diarrhea in front of him, oh well it couldn't be helped. But that does not mean that under normal conditions I'm going to take a dump with the bathroom door open or just walk in on him in the bathroom while he's brushing his teeth or taking a bath and take a dump in front of him. I truly could live the rest of my life without seeing another human being poop (we have 3 kids so been there, done that) and see no reason why I would inflict my pooping adventures on anybody else, even my husband.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I agree with OP. I've been with my husband almost seven years and some things a woman should just keep private.

I agree to an extent as well, I just can't get over how many people can crap in-front of each other. I also don't think its just about things a woman should keep private but a person should keep private. I don't want to ever see my husband crapping and he don't want to see me do that either. Some other functions it happens, can't always control those completely but don't need to go around doing that on purpose in-front of each other. I showed this thread to my husband and he is in shock as well LOL.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Bill Nye the Science Guy says that the human body releases 2 liters of gas a day. It is going to come out as a burp or a fart.

Farting and pooping are natural functions of the body. Do you hide the fact that you pee from him? That is also a way the body rids itself of waste. Do you sweat? There is toxins that come out in your sweat. Do you ever had bad breath? Why do you just draw the line at butt things?

My husband and I were like this when we first dated. We do allow private time for each other in the bathroom. But we don't run out of the room dreading a motorboat fart on the way. It is simply a normal part of what your body does.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Why is this a gender issue? "There are some things women should keep private, a lady is a lady, some women should get some class ..."

I'm not the biggest fan of free flying farts, but this has nothing to do with gender. And outside of my relationship, it's also not my problem what other couples do. (Unless, of course, you are the infamous K-Mart Farter and you're in my aisle.)

I hope the relationship you are in lasts--it sounds like a good one. I also hope that the day you guys have a slip, you find out you are comfortable enough with each other to overcome the gas you pass. :flowerforyou:
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    We only ever have one toothbrush out at a time. And seriously, what good is a spouse that can't get those painful, hard to reach pimples?

Ummm. Do you have a tattoo on your armpit???
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    Back when I was a tough, feminist, punk rocker who would beat up all the boy punk rockers (although in retrospect, i think most of them liked it), I had a boy tell me that he didn't think the female of the species pooped. And I got on my soap box and told him he was a chauvinist who was trying to take away my humanity by minimalizing my very human bodily functions, etc, etc... Of course that teenage boy had his own hang ups, like he would only poop at home and then would have to take a shower after.

As an adult woman, and as a human, I will say: I do fart. I also poop, and I have body odor. I also get sick, vomit, and sweat. I sometimes announce these things conversationally as an aspect of my general well being. I sometimes exercise more discretion. If I'm at the dinner table, I will get up and go to the restroom to fart, especially if we're in public. If it's just me and my husband at home, I will likely leave the bathroom door open. I take responsibility for my actions if he asks "who dealt it". I never blame the dogs unless it was actually them.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options

Yes, yes I do. It's an apple.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not a lady then. On the first night my SO and I spent together, I said the following "There's something you need to know about me and I'm not going to change. I fart. A lot. And I'm not holding it in around you. So you can stay, or you can go, but I'll be farting either way."

I don't fart ON him. He doesn't fart on me. We fart in each other's presence. And congratulate each other on a good one...

ROTFLMAO! I think I love you! :laugh:
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been married 31 years. He doesn't fart in front of his mother why should I have to put up with it. Personally, I don't want to hear it from anyone. So I try not to let anyone hear mine. But sometime it happens in public, so say excuse me and move on. it is called having manners.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

Yes, yes I do. It's an apple.

Interesting. Never saw an armpit tat before.
  • krisdiet123
    Options
    This depends on how comfortable you are with yourself and your partner. Farting and doing all those things are natural for everyone so although I feel you shouldn't make it a point to announce it or call them over when you have to "relieve" yourself, I also don't think you should have to run and hide it. Again, it's NATURAL.

Imagine living with the guy and every time you have gas you have to run to the bathroom in your own home. That's uncomfortable and you're not being yourself.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not a lady then. On the first night my SO and I spent together, I said the following "There's something you need to know about me and I'm not going to change. I fart. A lot. And I'm not holding it in around you. So you can stay, or you can go, but I'll be farting either way."

I don't fart ON him. He doesn't fart on me. We fart in each other's presence. And congratulate each other on a good one...

ROTFLMAO! I think I love you! :laugh:

LMAO...... I am over here crying.
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    LMAO
    I have been with my husband for 9 years. He has seen be shoot babies out of my business. Not a pretty sight. I probably pooped then, who knows. I asked him not to tell me.
    I fart when I need to, wherever I happen to be.

To each there own, I suppose.