what was your small win for the day?

Options

Replies

• Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have this weird phobia of going to the gym; I used to get teased in school when I used to go. So I usually go walking outside, but recently I've been getting stopped by shady men, so now I'm too afraid to go walking around my neighborhood. I'm too poor to go to a more private gym, and I was feeling defeated. Today, I noticed I only had 40 more minutes till I met my weekly goal. I pulled myself out of bed, and I ran in place for 40 minutes. It may not be fancy, and it may not mean a lot to some of you, but I'm proud of myself for this small win- it will definitely contribute to my huge success.

X

regarding your phobia of the gym. You are not alone! I also had issues joining a gym, a lot of folks do, but I forced myself to go sign up for a free week VIP pass @ Gold's. You know what? It wasnt bad at all! After a few days you relize no one is watching you and figure out the equippment pretty quickly, if you have questions just ask the folks that work there. Also not everyone is a body builder or in great shape.
    I am now going Six days a week and love it! I have no excuses. Access to any piece of equipment I need.
  • MThornburg74
    Options
    I pulled a pair of jeans out from last year...with trepidation...because they were tight and I hated they way they fit last year. I pulled them on and they fell to the floor. :flowerforyou: Small win, but it felt great!!!!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I wanted a chocolate bar - I ate a chocolate soy pudding instead (110 calories, 1 g fat)

I wanted to go home after work and take a nap - I ran 6.5 miles instead

BIG WIN for the day: I hit and surpassed my 120 miles of running goal for the month of August with 124.3!!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a size 8! (last year at this time was a 14) :happy:
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was 2kg lighter than Tuesday (not sure on my scales) and back to my pre rest week weight
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :smile: Today on my walk, I went up the "hill of pain" without a pause, charged through it like a champ and it's only 9:30am ....
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Today my small win was being able to mostly keep up with Tony Horton during P90X Ab Ripper X!
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I totally pushed myself hard my last 2 minutes on my elliptical...I always give up the last little bit but yesterday I did it...Felt good!
  • samuelzmom
    samuelzmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This morning, I was finally able to fit into my old size 6 pants again after 3 years of being overweight (after 2 babies). It was a little snug just a few weeks ago, but now it fits perfectly. Two more sizes to go to get to my goal of size 2. I know I can get there.
  • dmurphy1975
    dmurphy1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Three mornings in a row getting up early enough to start the day with a 1.5 mile walk (and 2 weeks of walking .5 mile at lunch everyday).
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I stayed under my calories today and had no sugar in my decaf
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I had training at work and someone brought cookies.... I had a stare down with them and won :)! Sweets are my weakness!

love this :bigsmile: me too!! Great work for winning, give them a taste of their own medicine!! teach them to stare
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Today I passed the halfway mark to my goal weight!

YeeHaw!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Fantasy Football Draft at work last night, Everyone put in 5 bucks for pizza. I didnt, drank water and ate a protein bar. Then I left before my last two picks so I could make it to the gym before it closed

The last two picks are CRAP anyway
  • MackLaura
    Options
    Today is the fourth day in a row that I exercised. I have a problem with motivating myself to exercise.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    REALLY wanted to sit out on the deck and drink a shot last night, went for a 3 mile walk instead, and even ran part of it. Such an NSV for me. Love reading everybody's small wins. :happy:
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've lost enough weight that my sweat pants won't stay up and I keep walking on the legs.
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Fantasy Football Draft at work last night, Everyone put in 5 bucks for pizza. I didnt, drank water and ate a protein bar. Then I left before my last two picks so I could make it to the gym before it closed

The last two picks are CRAP anyway

I agree but last year I would have stayed until the end and probably ate 3 slices. LOL
  • SophieMFP
    SophieMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I saw my manager for the first time in about 6 weeks today and the first thing she said was "Have you lost weight?"
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    This morning at work I was faced with a bowl full of munchkins (you know, the Dunkin Donuts kind -- not the Wizard of Oz kind ) and ate just ONE. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!