• melydu
    melydu Posts: 54
    Options
    "And knowing is half the battle"
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    It's below..in my siggie

I have been mulling it over, I was meaning to say a while ago I liked it, but man it has got to be tough.:wink:
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I'm in favor of liberalized immigration, because of the effect it would have on restaurants. I'd let just about everybody in except the English. -- Calvin Trillin

Keep in mind I have no qualms with the English, or should I:laugh: :huh: I ask ,it's just funny.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    You are where you eat. -- Anonymous
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what's for lunch -- Orson Welles
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes to goodwill and happy companionship. It is of great importance to the morale. -- Elsa Schiaparelli
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    "Better to let some food go to the waste, than go to YOUR waist." :laugh:

That's one I made up myself, though I have seen similar sentiments expressed, such as " A moment on the lips, forever on the hips."

I also once thought it would be fun to start a weight reduction spa on board a cruise ship, and the slogan on the back of the boat would be "We leave no stern untoned.":laugh: :laugh:
  • Veronica320
    Options
    "Why is the rum always gone?" -Jack Sparrow
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Sadder than destitution, sadder than a beggar is the man who eats alone in public. --Jean Baudrillard
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    (After Albert asks Celie what's wrong with you now Celie)

You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I need.

From Color Purple
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    How long would we remain free in a daily, desperate, overpopulated scramble for bread? -- David Brinkley
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    A hungry man is not a free man. -- Adlai Stevenson
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    People often feed the hungry so that nothing may disturb their own enjoyment of a good meal. -- Somerset Maughan
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    The smallest deed it better than the grandest intention.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine , something Brussels sprouts never do. -- Pj O'rourke
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Be content to remember that those who can make omelettes properly can do nothing else. -- Hillaire Belloc
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    There are all kinds of myths going on in the Italian culture, and the way they celebrate is through their food. It's the tradition of the table where the Italians celebrate most of their triumphs and successes. -- Mario Batali
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    As long as there's pasta and chinese food in the world, I'm okay. -- Michael Chang
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Creole is New Orleans city food. Communities were created by the people who wanted to stay and not go back to Spain or France. -- Paul Prudhomme
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    You can tell how long a couple has been married by whether they are on their first, second or third bottle of Tabasco. -- Bruce Bye