Favorite Quotes by whoever!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    The Fouling of the nest which has been typical of man's activity in the past on a local scale now seems to be extending to the whole system. -- Kenneth Boulding
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Rivers in the United States are so polluted that acid rain makes them cleaner. -- Andrew Malcolm
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Beware pathetic fallacy. Man's confident assumption that his environment is so sympathetic to his moods as to kick in with complimentary props when he requires them bespeaks the kind of arrogance that invites comeuppance. -- Allen Coren
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land. -- Aldo Leopoldo
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    If the voice of the brook was not the first song of celebration, it must have been at least an obbligato for that event. -- Hal Borland
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The long fight to save wild beauty represents democracy at its best. It requires citizens to practice the hardest of virtues self restraint. -- Edwin Way Teale
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Do no dishonor to the earth lest you dishonor the spirit of man. -- Henry Beston
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    We are the children of our landscape. -- Lawrence Durrell
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Is a park any better than a coal mine? What's a mountain got that a slag pile hasn't? What would you rather have in your garden an almond tree or an oil well? -- Jean Giradoux
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit. -- Somerset Maugham
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Too much work and too much energy kill a man just as effectively as too much assorted vice or too much drink. -- Rudyard Kipling
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    More is more. -- Mstislav Rostropovich
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    My candle burns at both ends;
    It will not last the night;
    But, ah, my foes, and, oh, my friends--
    It gives a lovely light!
    -- Edna St. Vincent Millay
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at any time, madame: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other animals. -- Beaumarchais
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The only wise thing about having a third martini is that you're not yet having a fourth. --Eno Putain
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The proximity of a desirable thing tempts one to overindulgence. On that path lies danger. -- Frank Herbert
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Winston Churchill's habit of guzzling a quart or two a day of good cognac is what saved civilization from the luftwaffe, Hegelian logic, Wagnerian love deaths and potato pancakes. -- Charles Mccabe
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I drink no more than a sponge. -- Francois Rabelais
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The trouble with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in an awful hurry. -- John Jensen