Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Painting is a jeu d'esprit. -- Pablo Picasso :wink:
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I don't very much enjoy looking at paintings in general. I know to much about them. I take them apart. -- Georgia O'Keeffe
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    To me, a painter if not the most useful, is the least harmful member of our society. -- Man Ray
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you're an artist. -- David Hockney
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    Painting is the effort to produce order; order in yourself. There is much chaos in me, much chaos in our time. -- Otto Dix
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    A painting in a museum hears more ridiculous opinions than anything else in the world. -- Edmond De Goncourt
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    And let the beauty of the lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us. --Psalms 90:17
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    "Never trust a big butt and a smile, that girl is poison!"
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    There's no difference between one's killing and making decisions that will send others to kill. It'sexactly the same thing. -- Golda Meir
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I've just come back from Mississippi and over there when you talk about the West Bank they think you mean Arkansas. -- Patrick Buchanan
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. -- Jose Ortega Y Gasset
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    That which is not good for the beehive cannot be good for the bees. -- Marcus Aurelius
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    The poor tread lightest on the earth. The higher our income, the more resources we control and the more havoc we wreak. -- Paul Harrison
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    In th world there is nothing more submissive and weak then water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. -- Lao Tzu
  • equinegirl200
    equinegirl200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    AHH my faaavorite! Love it!:happy:

In response to the Jack Sparrow quote... oops!
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    A pool is, for many of us in the West, a symbol not of affluence but of order, of control over the uncontrollable. -- Joan Didion
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all -- Robert Orben
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    "What's with today, today" - Lucas, Empire Records.

:wink:

uh is that from the movie with Mark Wahlberg I love that movie I'm the man I'm the man I'm the man. hahahaha true in my case though.:)

It's from the movie, Empire Records.
    I love that movie!!!! Beyonce did a fantastic job as Etta James!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Hey!!. I try not to smile much:laugh:
    "Never trust a big butt and a smile, that girl is poison!"
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    (After Albert asks Celie what's wrong with you now Celie)

You a low down dirty dog, that's what's wrong. Time for me to get away from you, and enter into Creation. And your dead body'd be just the welcome mat I need.

From Color Purple
    One of my most favorite shows!