Concealing & carrying pistols while running/working out

Options

Replies

• spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada. That stuff doesn't happen here. I'd be more worried about being run down by someone talking on their cell phone.

I live in Australia and it's pretty safe here, plus it's a lot harder to get a gun license here than it is in USA I think. Over here hardly anyone owns a gun!
  • Glad I live in Holland...

I've never ever heard of anyone running with knives or guns. I have trouble finding a place to put my iPhone in, let alone a gun. Besides, seing me run probably scares the **** out of people :laugh: .

Oww.. haha I just got censored for writing ****. Onother reason why Holland isn't such a bad place :wink: .
  • Paxtonite
    Options
    For the Canadians and Europeans who cannot fathom running with a gun...

I live in the country. My neighbor is 1.5 miles away. I have seen alligator on the road, had dogs attacked by bobcats, and cattle dragged off by black bear. I have a 4 year old that sometimes runs with me. What would you suggest I carry? A knife? A taser? I don't want to give these things the opportunity to get that close.

Don't judge.

I'd like to know which part of the US has alligators, bobcats and black bear roaming the same countryside (and joggers with machetes, guns and pepper spray)....so i can never go there. cheers.
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Dear God, running with knives and guns?!?!? What?!?

I am very glad I live in Europe!

^that^
    What a thing to have to thnk about!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest Krav Maga

Gun technique is basically grab gun pushing to left. Twist back to break nasty mans finger. Punch square to face. Elbow on way back then for good measure stamp on knees to break. In close hand to hand weapons are a disadvantage.

No one gets killed - just maimed
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but I hate these topics when they turn from advice to let us debate the politics of guns.
    As someone who runs with a gun {professionally and recreationally} it sucks to have too, but you do what you gotta do. I did see that the .380 was discussed and this is my choice when it comes to carry while doing recreation. It is light; compact and easily concealed I have also carried several Derringers’ slight disadvantage is that they are two shot and a brass knuckle. The lighter and smaller the gun, the better for comfort and conceal ability. I am unsure what you have in your arsenal, fanny packs as was stated may make you look like a “dork”, but invest in a good holster fanny pack and you will actually blend into the fitness crowd. A friend of mine uses a hydration waist pack with a holster he had customized into it. I have issues with recreation running and ankle holsters or T-shirt and unless you plan on always having a jacket on shoulder holsters’ are going to be confining.
    So here is me; I carry a Kel-Tec .380 while out walking and running, self protection from humans and animals. I would not say I live in a dangerous area, I just have a job that causes some people not to like me so much.
  • LunaHare
    LunaHare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Word. I can't believe so many people can even buy guns....no wonder guin crime is up in the US if guns seem to be given out to everyone. Very glad I live in UK!! Eeeeek!
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To the person who sometimes runs with a 4 year old.... really? Your 4 year old runs with you? I dont believe that, i mean, how on earth would you keep up?

But on the advice note, id take a knife with you. That way if an alligator happens to cross your path you cut that b**ch up and show it whos boss. Not only are you getting rid of the danger of the alligator your setting your child a wonderful example!!!!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada. That stuff doesn't happen here. I'd be more worried about being run down by someone talking on their cell phone.

I live in Australia and it's pretty safe here, plus it's a lot harder to get a gun license here than it is in USA I think. Over here hardly anyone owns a gun!

However, it's generally not the LEGAL gun owners you have to worry about, it's the criminals that obtain their guns ILLEGALLY that are generally the problem.
  • LupaNera
    Options
    I'd suggest Krav Maga

Gun technique is basically grab gun pushing to left. Twist back to break nasty mans finger. Punch square to face. Elbow on way back then for good measure stamp on knees to break. In close hand to hand weapons are a disadvantage.

No one gets killed - just maimed

Uhm.. Even if I am a certified instructor of krav I would just be really aware of guns and especially knives... if someone wants your money or anything replaceable just give him/her all she wants.
    If someone wants you dead.. simply he will pull the trigger from 3 mt and not even getting near to you.
    If your life is in danger is a pretty extreme situation and you have to do your best to return home. But seriously.. I don't believe we are in the middle of a war. At least I hope.
    The best thing is just prevention, a little bit of attention to your surroundings. Usually aggressors are going for "prays" not for people that are aware of what is happening around them. It is just a matter of opportunity. And it is just a matter of brain not to be hurt for 10 bucks or an Ipod...
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Don't even get me started about the amount of fire extinguisher related violence we have up here in Canada. From December to March, we have so many drive-by extinguishing that tourists mistake it for snow. And first aid... don't even get me started on it. Devil worshipers the lot of them.

I just seriously died laughing!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My LC9 is my running partner. I carry concealed under my left arm (clip holster to side of sports bra). I prefer the cross draw and it is usually out of the way as my arms are slightly raised when running. There are some belly band type holsters that also work well. Gotta do what works for you. All hail the 2nd Amendment! :))

You are awesome!

Two more people who have clearly never read (or understood) the 2nd Amendment.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    To the person who sometimes runs with a 4 year old.... really? Your 4 year old runs with you? I dont believe that, i mean, how on earth would you keep up?

Maybe they are using a jogging stroller?
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Take a taser. It's lightweight and the size of a lip stick, but can take a person out without killing them.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Dear God, running with knives and guns?!?!? What?!?

I am very glad I live in Europe!

^that^
    What a thing to have to thnk about!

That's it, i'm moving to europe. Can't wait to live in a place without crime.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    a family friend actually has sports wear with a kind of built in holster/ pocket which he found an nra meeting or a nra catalog - perhaps that's an idea?
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I've been wondering the same thing.....:huh:
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous. Chances are that your gun would be used on you. Do you expect to draw and fire like in the movies? It's much better to go somewhere safe to run.
  • DaBigChief
    Options
    Buy a treadmill instead
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I bought my wife this and just carries it in her hands.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EOD6JE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

diablou.jpg