Seniors Golden Sneakers Club January 2010

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well.:ohwell: Losing my focus.:angry: Worked 11 hours yesterday and picked in food to get me through. So overtired! :yawn: :yawn: Came home and had a couple of drinks. I went at least 500 calories over the 1200.:noway: I'm so discouraged because I haven't been able to exercise. :grumble: Besides my back, this week I figured I get on the treadmill for just a little and very slow. But I got dizzy and had to stop:noway: . Not much calories to work with when you can't exercise.
    I'm here because I know this is what we need to do when we start slipping. HELP! Just say a prayer for me....I know I'm just overwhelmed with work and just losing the focus. After tomorrow, it shouldn't be as crazy as in January. I have dreams that I'm drowning in an ocean of 1099s and W2's!!!
    I will have a spinach salad tonight with some sunflower seeds and a tomato....a fruit and maybe a yogurt later.
    Miss you all!
    BirdieM:wink:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    Barbs I used to have nites when I couldn't sleep. but since I have been on this Met B plan I sleep all night unless I have to make a pitt stop. But go right back to sleep. So eating 5 grams of carbs every 5 hours cured me. On beening up half of the nite. Lots of the girls said the same thing on the plan.Also my elbow used to look chapped and dirty all the time, more dirty looking than chapped.Now they look like baby elbos. now.I remember my dad used to say I didn't wash my elbows but I did. I was just eating too many carbs.
    And this goes a long way back.

Marie
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Well, today I had a "come to diabetes" meeting. Since I have lost the last 12 pounds my blood sugar has gotten really good and I have been able to cut back on my use of Glipizide. This is a good thing because it is really nasty stuff! This morning I took 5 mg as we were going to the show and I was going to have a treat. As we were on the way home we were talking about going next door and picking some oranges. I got out of the car and I thought "I need an orange" and then I started running into the house. I was crashing and it was the biggest one ever. I threw open the fridge door, grabbed the real coke and drank and drank half of it and then went down on the floor. Vicki got out some liquid sugar and shoved it in my mouth and I laid there for a good 5 minutes before we took my blood sugar. It was 54. 30 seconds longer and I would have been in a coma. So this is my rock bottom! I don't want to ever give this disease that power over me ever again. It is time to really deal with the disease and stop putting band aides on the symptoms!

Barbie, you have definitely joined the 21st century with your texting from one room to another! tee eh have fun!

Phoebe Welcome home….the time just goes so fast!

Barb, it just goes to show you that when you lie about your age you need to remember what you say….I will change it to 59 tee eh! Your dogs sound so cute…maybe they are cats or both! are they really piglets?

Sandy, you are so funny! Be sure you don't lose that file with the names in it!

Elli, I want to come to your house for dinner, sounds wonderful!

Birdelm, It is really hard to lose weight when you are as tired as you sound! Hang in there, you can do it!
    Marie, what is the Met B plan? I do know that the less carbs I have the better I sleep!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sandi here is the site for the met B plan. after you get there click on her blog and she will explain it to you.

http://themetabolismmiracle.com/default.aspx

Let me know if you need any more help> Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    : CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED
    CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED CLODED CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED

THIS JANUARY THREAD IS CLOSED GO TO THIS LINK FOR FEBRUARY

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79407-senior-golden-sneakers-for-february-2010-welcom

THANKS GANG
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Irene:smile: